PDA

View Full Version : [W.I.P] K1 Holowan Laboratories.

Taak Farst
12-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi due to my recent reinstallation because of my brother I had to cancel my two projects. Now to make up for it I am making A new module called Holowan Laboratories, using Davik's estate. I do request a few things though to make it possible. Can som1 tell me the files on KT for
Davik's Estate Module
Computer Panels
Commoners male and female
The Door placeables for Davik's estate
The TGA'S for computer panels, commoners and Davik's estate
and if i missed something please say.

People doing this with me [the team]
DarthDingDong

Darth InSidious
12-16-2007, 05:57 PM
You need the .git, .are and .ifo files, and more importantly, this tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=130451),although this one might be more in-depth (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122867).

Taak Farst
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM
yer but what is the file e.g the dantooine jedi academy is DANM13

Aeroldoth
12-16-2007, 06:19 PM
TARM08?

Miltiades
12-16-2007, 08:28 PM
You need m08aa.git, m08aa.are and the module.ifo file, all three are situated in tar_m08aa.rim (under RIMs -> Modules). It helps if you check the options "Show module locations" and 'Show module descriptions" on under tools -> options. Easier to find something that way. The placeables and more can be find in tar_m08aa_s.rim just below tar_m08aa.rim.

Also, if you're not planning on reskinning either the modules or the commoners outfit, you don't need the .tga files.

Taak Farst
12-17-2007, 01:20 PM
I PM'd Quanon a request for an estate laboratory skin. I haven't got a reply though so we might not be having a reskinned module for holowan labs. And I do know what s.rim and rim files are i just didn't know which file is davik's estate :)

Miltiades
12-17-2007, 01:21 PM
And I do know what s.rim and rim files are i just didn't know which file is davik's estate :)

You never know... :)

Marius Fett
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Whats's gonna happen in the mod then?

Taak Farst
12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
I also pm'd him asking about reskinning adult commoners to make them look like scientists, but I am gonna use a different character and ill reskin them for the modders with a sort of expert sorta thing. Especially Redhawke... No need to be worried there though... Or is there. :)

These are the modders I am adding to the mod
T7Nowhere
RedHawke robe done
DarthDingDong
Prime robe done
Chainz.2da
Quanon
jcoolZombie
TK102
Darth333
The Source
JediShemL
MasterZionosis
EmperorDevon
GSCCC
Achilles
SuperSquall
Avol
Doom Dealer
Serathas
MindTwistah robe done
DarthXander
silveredge9
If you want your name added, and you are a modder, just say.

Ill keep you posted :)

Quanon
12-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Oops , it must have past my attention . Being real busy on my temple and all .

That's also the reason , why I'll not help you immiadetly .
I want to get my temple up and running first before I jump into another mod .

I'm not sure when my old will be finished ... but after that I'd might do your textures for this Lab :)

THough I won't do the reskins of characters , I suck at faces and body stuff .
Recoloring sure , but painting on new things is ...

Besides like I mentioned I'll do my own mod first .

Not that I want to be hard or fat headed in not helping you . ( for now ... )

Taak Farst
12-17-2007, 02:04 PM
it aint a prob quanon, coz in the meantime i could do other stuff with it, coz I thought you'd gimme that answer, no offence.

But yes no prob quanon coz I think everyone would do their mod first anyway. I know i would. :) Anyway people I am gonna do a skin for the commoners now, ill probably bash it in game and post an image on by about 1900 hours, it depends coz i wanna do a good skin
BTW do you think it would be wise to get rid of the clothes texture to make the scientist jackets.

Ferc Kast
12-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Darth Balatro/jcoolzombie - can you tell me which one you want plz

I pick my original modding name of jcoolZombie. Sounds like it's gonna turn out to be a cool mod.

Darth Payne
12-17-2007, 04:45 PM
Maybe the sith uniform? Re-done in white, not that bad.

The strap that goes across the chest could become a tool/equipment belt.

Or just covered up.

Taak Farst
12-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Now I give you the scientist females of holowan labs. I did a little pocket with pens as you might notice, this screenie doesn't have all the detail tho
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii52/hhhaaaa_2007/KotOR0001.jpg

Darth Payne
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Ummm, i think you did something wrong.

The pic is tiny, and i almost can't see a thing.

Miltiades
12-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, I'd resize it. But even as tiny as it is, I can still see it looks nice. Just make it a little bigger, so we can have a better look. :)

Serathas
12-18-2007, 01:25 AM
I also pm'd him asking about reskinning adult commoners to make them look like scientists, but I am gonna use a different character and ill reskin them for the modders with a sort of expert sorta thing. Especially Redhawke... No need to be worried there though... Or is there. :)

T7Nowhere
RedHawke
DarthDingDong
Prime
Chainz.2da
Quanon
Darth Balatro/jcoolzombie - can you tell me which one you want plz
TK102
Darth333
The Source
JediShemL
MasterZionosis
EmperorDevon
GSCCC - if i spelt that wrong plz say
Achilles
SuperSquall
Avol
Doom Dealer
If you want your name added, and you are a modder, just say.

Ill keep you posted :)

i want to get added, but is it possible to make a merchant, who sells more or less all armors you can use in the game? if so, i do already got an npc, but its a selkath, with a custom dialogue file, with voice, etc..

i also want to use my mod, for the republic armor, which is worn by the republic soldier npcs at the endar spire, if possible (not to be confused with the new soldier clothing mods out there, they do only change it for the soldiers, my mod changes it for all pc's and party members, that wear clothes

if you want, we could work on something together, i want to work on a mod which is an addon for the holowan spire (v2) mod and adds a new cantina, i could make it able to transport you between all 3 mods if i get time to, maybe by using some computer consoles, or doors, but if thats gonna happen, i may need some help for the console dialogue part, and to make it able to transfer from 1 area to another trough it (i use kotor tools and win2k)

pm me if intrested, i could add more characters to the mod aswell, if you want, but that would mean that i have to mod a bigger cantina, which won't be any problem at all

i do also need to get my merchant script working together with my dialogue, but that won't take long, probably, im waiting for a reply in my thread about that

if the holowan spire mod wasn't already made, i would have made a simular mod, which resurrected the endar spire, as it "was" before the combat in k1, if its allowed, i could make one in some moments, and add soldiers, etc to it aswell

Taak Farst
12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Serathas you can send me the files and I will add but if you want it to be a merchant you will have to do that too. Soz

As for the pic, it was full size when i posted it on photobucket... strange, but i will edit that in a bit

Darth InSidious
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
If the file size is too large, photobucket resizes pictures.

Serathas
12-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Serathas you can send me the files and I will add but if you want it to be a merchant you will have to do that too. Soz

As for the pic, it was full size when i posted it on photobucket... strange, but i will edit that in a bit

ok, but then, i will have to wait some for that, i got the dialogue part and all working, but the merchant script won't start at the place where its supposed to...

Taak Farst
12-18-2007, 06:00 PM
Sorry I cannot help you mate, another reason I asked you about a partnership in the PM I sent was that I could learn a few things from you, Merchants being one of them. I don't know how to do a minute of it. Sorry I can't be of help

Serathas
12-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Sorry I cannot help you mate, another reason I asked you about a partnership in the PM I sent was that I could learn a few things from you, Merchants being one of them. I don't know how to do a minute of it. Sorry I can't be of help

well, im still learning myself, you could try to check my thread i made, with tutorial requests, could give you some help on the way

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182598

Marius Fett
12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Just to let you know I just started the RedHawke dialog and robe you wanted.

I'll post a screen of the robe when it's done. :)

Edit:

Heres a screeny of what I have so far:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Robe_1.jpg

The red is FAR to bright so i'll probably change it...

Unless you want it like that?

Edit 2:

You may or may not remember this robe I made for the Holowan Robe Pack:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/554654.jpg

You could use that?

I can alter it if need be...

Serathas
12-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Just to let you know I just started the RedHawke dialog and robe you wanted.

I'll post a screen of the robe when it's done. :)

Edit:

Heres a screeny of what I have so far:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Robe_1.jpg

The red is FAR to bright so i'll probably change it...

Unless you want it like that?

Edit 2:

You may or may not remember this robe I made for the Holowan Robe Pack:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/554654.jpg

You could use that?

I can alter it if need be...

yeah, but with more dark/red armor, send it to me, and i can use it on the npc, but however, he aint a human, so far, so i may have to make a new npc, but that won't take to long, im going to be busy untill after x-mas, but if i get time today, i will do it

Taak Farst
12-23-2007, 04:22 PM
:r2d thanks DDD and i think that one u sed looks good but a little less bright. And thanks for the dialogue.

UPDATE
I have placed all characters and am in the process of doing dialogue.

see ya

Mindtwistah
12-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Awesome! A new holowan spire! :) I always waited for someone to release it :p
Me want be there, there want be me!! :D Could you sign me up in the list?

Taak Farst
12-23-2007, 04:28 PM
1. Sure Ill add you into it.
2. it isnt the endar spire module if thats wat u think, its daviks estate
3. Glad you like the project :)

:) Serathas plz note this is the holowan labs thread, my project lol

Send to me DDD when you finish, thanks

Marius Fett
12-23-2007, 04:56 PM
Right I did some tinkering with the robe and came up with this:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Robe_2.jpg

That ok?

Taak Farst
12-23-2007, 05:01 PM
looks perfect now. thanks a lot. your in my spotlight now lol

Serathas
12-23-2007, 05:30 PM
i know, but i still want to use it on my npc in this mod

Marius Fett
12-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I've got five robes sorted now. RedHawke, Prime, Stoffe, Shem and Darth Xander.

Heres a pic:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/HL_RobeScreen_1.jpg

EDIT:

i know, but i still want to use it on my npc in this mod

Do you mean you want to use the robe in a different mod apart from the Holowan Labs Mod?

Serathas
12-23-2007, 06:05 PM
I've got five robes sorted now. RedHawke, Prime, Stoffe, Shem and Darth Xander.

Heres a pic:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/HL_RobeScreen_1.jpg

EDIT:

Do you mean you want to use the robe in a different mod apart from the Holowan Labs Mod?

i want to use that mod or something simular for this mod, and maybe for my cantina mod aswell, if you could make a black robe (really black) with red stripes, it would be awsome, in nice shapes, aswell, like on the jedi academy skin i got uploaded on my modsite, i can sure send screenshots if you haven't got the game, and still want to view it

Marius Fett
12-23-2007, 06:25 PM
So you wanna use my robes in the Holowan Mod (which they are in anyway) and another mod you're making?

No can do.. These robes are only in this mod.

I can do you a new one though.

Send me the screenshots you were talking about and i'll see what I can do :)

Taak Farst
12-23-2007, 07:55 PM
WOW DDD they look... wow. Keep up the good skinning work, hey you wouldnt have any idea about module skinning would you... if so can u plz giv a crak at reskinning daviks estate. To a more sciency laboratory look

thanks

Oh and Serathas you do know that the holowan labs project isnt your project right

EDIT
he is doing this as we are putting these as character appearances apart from head modder's D333 AND RH who will have
d333 - Darth Revan Robes reskinned
RH - Darth Malak JEDI appearance reskinned. - you can obtain their robes via conversation script. eg PC would ask why you haven't got the same sort of robes as everyone else. RH is gonna reply with, Oh them, I was gonna throw mine in the trash compacter, much too uncool for me. You can have them if you want SCRIPT FIRES

ahh well a few ideas lol

it is now 00;05am GMT precisely, and unless your time zone is different I would like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY SERATHAS

and

A MERRY XMAS EVE TO EVERYONE

Serathas
12-24-2007, 12:02 AM
So you wanna use my robes in the Holowan Mod (which they are in anyway) and another mod you're making?

No can do.. These robes are only in this mod.

I can do you a new one though.

Send me the screenshots you were talking about and i'll see what I can do :)

well, allright, that would be great, like i said somewhere, i would like some robes based on those for a custom jka skin a mate made for me, its based on the basic reborn npc, black with dark red stripes, in a cool shape, it would be better if you could make a robe based on that, i will get a screenshot in some minutes

thanks, yeah, its 5 am here now, im from sweden, which means that its x-mas and im 19 now

Marius Fett
12-24-2007, 04:35 AM
Mindtwistah wants a red one so i'll start on it in a minute :)

I just remembered I have several skins I did for a robe pack earlier in the year.

There was a red one in it so Mindtwistah could have that?

Here it is:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Screenshot2.jpg

There are also yellow and green ones if anyone wants them:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Screenshot3.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Screenshot4.jpg

EDIT:

This is a list of the texture variations of the robes in case someone else joins and wants to make some.

It's here so nobody overwrites anything.
If you do make a robe tell me and i'll add it and tht texvar to the list. :)

RedHawke: 09
Shem: 10
Prime: 11
Stoffe: 12
Xander: 13
Mindtwistah: 14
Wolverinestabs: 15

Serathas
12-24-2007, 07:27 AM
those looks quite nice, but i mean really dark red

Marius Fett
12-24-2007, 07:51 AM
Those aren't for you, the red is for mindtwistah and the green is for wolverinestabs.

EDIT:

I've added Wolverinestabs and Mindtwistah's robes:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/HL_RobeScreen_2-1.jpg

Taak Farst
12-24-2007, 08:41 AM
the robes are looking perfect keep it up

Marius Fett
12-24-2007, 09:50 AM
RH's dialog is almost done :)

I've got the robe script done too :)

Mindtwistah
12-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Mindtwistah wants a red one so i'll start on it in a minute :)

I just remembered I have several skins I did for a robe pack earlier in the year.

There was a red one in it so Mindtwistah could have that?

Here it is:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Screenshot2.jpg

Yay, my own robe! :) One thing though, could you make me a Twi'lek when you release the mod? And a male one, please :p

Taak Farst
12-24-2007, 06:49 PM
no problem.

Serathas
12-24-2007, 11:13 PM
what will my task in this be for now? im just wondering

Lordjedi
12-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh I have to make a mod quickly! :lol:

Serathas
12-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Oh I have to make a mod quickly! :lol:

if you want to help us out with the mod pack, in another thread (pleas at least try to read about the first 10 - 20 and the last 10 - 20 posts, so you don't get it wrong, alot of people have done this misstake, and they refused the permission to use their mods in it, cause they missed what we wrote...

Lordjedi
12-25-2007, 09:49 PM
No I mean to be in it because he said "Modders who want to be in tell me" and so I need to make a mod so I can be in the mod

Taak Farst
12-26-2007, 12:39 PM
LordJedi i will make a robe for ur character or i will get DDD to make it, what colour u want. just make at least a skin or somet first and put it onto filefront

Serathas u r not working in this, i am just adding it to ur mod pak

Marius Fett
12-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Shall I do it?

I've done all the others so why not :lol:

EDIT:

Just a quick update concerning how many robes are done so far.

RedHawke - done
Stoffe - done
Darth Xander - done
Mindtwistah - done
Shem - done
Prime - done
Wolverinestabs - done
Darth 333 - done
DarthDingDong - in progress
T7Nowhere - in progress

Lordjedi
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
LordJedi i will make a robe for ur character or i will get DDD to make it, what colour u want. just make at least a skin or somet first and put it onto filefront

Serathas u r not working in this, i am just adding it to ur mod pak
Im WIP on a robe right now so I might be done in 1-3 days

Marius Fett
12-26-2007, 06:41 PM
What colour robe do you want?
And which style?
Regular or the blue one reskinned?

I need to know in advance so I know which number to put as your tex var :)

Lordjedi
12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
a redish brown robe

Marius Fett
12-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Ok :) i'll see what I can do :)

Quick update on the TexVar List:

RedHawke: 09
Shem: 10
Prime: 11
Stoffe: 12
Xander: 13
Mindtwistah: 14
Wolverinestabs: 15
Darth333: 16
DarthDingDong: 17
T7Nowhere: 18
Lordjedi: 19

Kainzorus Prime
12-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Tbh, half of the less-known modders should be removed from the list and replaced with more known people if they wished to be included like MacCorp, Darth InSidious or The Source.

Hint: The Source is MacCorp/etc. ;) -RH <- Point taken.

Inyri
12-26-2007, 07:57 PM
Mods like this are bound to make this place kind of clique-y, don't you think? Because there will always be people that feel left out if they're not included.

Quanon
12-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Mods like this are bound to make this place kind of clique-y, don't you think? Because there will always be people that feel left out if they're not included.

Like me :( , :lol:

Nah , just joking people !

Nice looking robes by the way .

Can you get these robes for your own character or will I have to drool on RedHawk all the time in the game xD .

Marius Fett
12-27-2007, 08:16 AM

We're trying to include as many as possible and as it says in the first few posts "PM one of us if you want to get added" we don't want anyone to feel left out.

The reason we only contacted a few people is because we thought they would be the ones interested.

Tbh, half of the less-known modders should be removed from the list and replaced with more known people if they wished to be included like MacCorp, Darth InSidious or The Source.

Now that would make people feel left out.
I already sent DI a PM and recieved no reply and the list is growing as we go along...

Like me ,

Nah , just joking people !

Nice looking robes by the way .

Can you get these robes for your own character or will I have to drool on RedHawke all the time in the game xD .

Awww... Have a cookie :lol:

And yeah you can wear em...

Did I send you a PM yet?

I can't remmber if I sent one to DK either...

I have a terrible memory :lol:

Well anyone who feels left out just PM me or wolverinestabs and you'll be added.

Sorry if anyone felt offended, not intentional...

Edit:

Ok DI's PM never went through...

I'll send a new one :)

And i'll send one to DK, Inyri and other "known modders" as DK said as well. :)

Quick update on the robes:

RedHawke- DONE
Shem- DONE
Prime- DONE
Stoffe- DONE
Darth Xander- DONE
Mindtwistah- DONE
Wolverinestabs- DONE
Darth333- DONE
DarthDingDong- DONE
T7Nowhere- DONE
Lordjedi- DONE

As you can see i've finished all the ones I have. Anyone else wants including let a team member know :)

Taak Farst
12-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Yer sorry guys if any of uwant to be in this mod just ask by PM, but dont flood the thread or else it will be locked. And yes you will be able to meet your twin lol and recieve a copy of ur robes.

Quanon did i not include you, soz if i didnt, i will get DDD or me to do a robe for u right away.

Serathas
12-27-2007, 09:47 AM
hey hey, i want one aswell

check my file updates on my site (http://www.freewebs.com/serathasproductions/filelinks.htm) for screenshots

Marius Fett
12-27-2007, 10:21 AM
New screeny of all the robes completed so far:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/HL_RobeScreen_3.jpg

Opinions?

Darth Payne
12-27-2007, 10:26 AM
Looking Very Good.

Marius Fett
12-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks! :)

Lordjedi
12-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Very cool but can my characters pants be brown or black?

Darth Xander
12-27-2007, 12:52 PM
DDD the robes look awesome!!

Marius Fett
12-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Very cool but can pants brown or black?

Sure, i'll do that in a moment then post a new screeny :)

@Darth Xander

Thanks!

Darth Xander
12-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Your welcome.

Just out of curiosity what is the resref of my robe?

Marius Fett
12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
xander_robe :)

Without the smiley obviously :p

Darth Xander
12-27-2007, 04:42 PM
lol thanks

Serathas
12-27-2007, 09:53 PM
i would like to help with this, if you need them in the game, or something, i could make the npcs (but i still got some trouble with getting scripts to work in my dialogues)

if you want, i would like some robes that looks something like this, and with the text: Serathas (with a font named wolfsbane, which my mate, who made this found) , on the leg, if you got jedi knight: jedi academy, you could take a closer look, they are avaiable for download at my site, which is linked in my sig

i know, you are not allowed to port skins from other games, but it's allowed to make skins based on reskisn from skins from other games, i guess, the skin is a remodelled reborn/boss, from jedi knight: jedi academy

a tip on which models to use when you do it, those hooded dark jedi's, who follow under malak, you meet some at the temple on the unknown world, etc

the skin is made by zvc, who is one of my mates, he made it for me, when i used the name: Wolfsbane, so i would like my name added kind of like this on the logo aswell (Serathas), he used some font named wolfsbane, which suited the name quite good

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/Ivve_sepac/shot0180brl.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/Ivve_sepac/shot0181brl.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j282/Ivve_sepac/shot0182brl.jpg

EDIT: i think i found the font he used, here:

by the way, place the text on one of the legs? so you can read it from above, or on both legs would be even cooler, if you can include the text, else, the skin (or something that looks kinda like it) could be made from either a dark jedi robe, or a sith acolyte npc (or whatever those hooded dark jedi's who follow under darth malak wear in k1)

here is the font (http://www.fontdownloadsfree.com/fonts/1/42/wolfsbane_wolf4p.html)

this would be even better if you could include an .utc file, which uses the skin, so i can place a npc to duel in the taris upper city cantina modification (the holowan cantina) im working on, so you can duel a npc who will use it

Darth Xander
12-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Oops , it must have past my attention . Being real busy on my temple and all .

That's also the reason , why I'll not help you immiadetly .
I want to get my temple up and running first before I jump into another mod .

I'm not sure when my old will be finished ... but after that I'd might do your textures for this Lab :)

THough I won't do the reskins of characters , I suck at faces and body stuff .
Recoloring sure , but painting on new things is ...

Besides like I mentioned I'll do my own mod first .

Not that I want to be hard or fat headed in not helping you . ( for now ... )Quanon you aren't fat headed. You are awesome and never forget that.

Marius Fett
12-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Quanon's robe is done...

It's a dark red.

@Xander

Now now don't be a suck up! :p

Lordjedi
12-28-2007, 02:28 PM
screens! DarthDingDong screens :p

Marius Fett
12-28-2007, 02:49 PM
I'll post one as soon as I can :)

Serathas
12-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I'll post one as soon as I can :)

i would really like at least a reskin of the general robes using the colors on the ones i screenshoted in post #68 at this thread, aswell, it would be great if you could send me the files for the robe later, so i can use it for a custom recruit mod which im working on, it will of course be released for public, and i will place names of those who helped me both in the readme and in the main post (in the main thread, once it gets released)

Lordjedi
12-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Ok guys I am official a modder :p I released a robe skin on kotor2files

Kainzorus Prime
12-29-2007, 10:51 AM
A 90% desaturated robe hardly qualifies as a complex mod.

Marius Fett
12-29-2007, 11:01 AM
Nice to see you cheerful and encouraging as ever DK! :lol:

Serathas
12-29-2007, 11:57 AM
A 90% desaturated robe hardly qualifies as a complex mod.

who cares if it is? its great that people want to help us out

Kainzorus Prime
12-29-2007, 01:18 PM
who cares if it is? its great that people want to help us out

Because you could rename this mod to 'Newb Laboratories'. When people think Holowan Labs they have experienced modders who released something of high quality. When they will see some of those people and then search for their mods they'll be like 'Wtf, how he/she got added among these?' As I am fond of saying, 'Quality over quantity.'

Darth Payne
12-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Hey, 'Quantity is a Quality all on it's own.'

Kainzorus Prime
12-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Are you trying to convince me or what? I have my views on this, you have yours, we're square.

Marius Fett
12-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey, 'Quantity is a Quality all on it's own.'

Not nesescarily...

What would you rather have?

One delicious cake?

Or loads of em that taste like crap?

;)

Silveredge9
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
"Robe recolours" are tremendously overdone in the community. It's easy to see why - They require next to no effort to create. Hell, I could knock a new robe out every 20 seconds if I did a recolour each time. I'm sure enough shades of blue exist for me to do that. :P

Why not add a pattern? Change the general layout or position of the robes along the body? Something, anything that will seperate your mod from the other generic robe recolours.

Marius Fett
12-29-2007, 02:23 PM
DarthInsidious's Robe:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/ryand-2007/Screen.jpg

Kainzorus Prime
12-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Now that is something. Altough I'd personally would preffer whole chest area covered in that shiny amber texture.

Darth InSidious
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Now that is something. Altough I'd personally would preffer whole chest area covered in that shiny amber texture.
Thanks, but it's really just a photosource-job. :p

Taak Farst
12-29-2007, 06:06 PM
yes darth ur robe is perfect for ur character.

At danyael and DeceptiKain all i am gonna say is....
SHUT UP
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Som1 could say a robe should be thrown into the trash but if a modder did it and is happy then i aint got a problem. Ill flippin use any robe offered. I aint gonna turn it away coz i think it is bad.
AND, DECEPTIKAIN WHAT IF YOU DID A BAD MOD, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE LEFT OUT OF ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

Kainzorus Prime
12-29-2007, 06:23 PM
At danyael and DeceptiKain all i am gonna say is....
SHUT UP

No. There's a little thing called 'freedom of speech'.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Som1 could say a robe should be thrown into the trash but if a modder did it and is happy then i aint got a problem. Ill flippin use any robe offered. I aint gonna turn it away coz i think it is bad.

Look closely at the part I've quoted in bold text. By that, I am entitled to my oppinion, and your rant becomes irrelevant, because it won't change my views on this mod.

AND, DECEPTIKAIN WHAT IF YOU DID A BAD MOD, WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE LEFT OUT OF ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING.

Your capslock is broken. And I've never done a bad mod before. Simply because I took time and lots of effort to my projects, and instead of childish ranting I actually listened to people's advice and comments and improved mod in the way they wanted. And apparently I did a good job judging from file comment's I've been reading about my work.

Bottom line is, stop acting like a shouting child when someone disagrees with your oppinion, and actually heed comments from others.

Taak Farst
12-29-2007, 06:58 PM
so basicly u r saying that i dont listen to people's advice, OMG I do. I have followed tutorials like people said, i have slowly improved like people said to do. Plus just coz people are beginners doesnt mean they should be left out until they improve. and yes everyone is entitled but that doesnt mean they have to go mental with bad comments, you were saying i am ranting. What about that comment ''this should be caled newb laboratories''... because that was just... immature.

Kainzorus Prime
12-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Plus just coz people are beginners doesnt mean they should be left out until they improve.

I am not saying 'leave all of them out of the loop. I'm saying cut them to the 'beginners' with at least some modding experience. That would go fine.

and yes everyone is entitled but that doesnt mean they have to go mental with bad comments, you were saying i am ranting.

I pretend you didn't insult me there, and go on. Yes. You were ranting, in a clearly agressive manner at that. I was pointing out my views on this mod, however positive or negative they might have been.

What about that comment ''this should be caled newb laboratories''... because that was just... immature.

Immature, no. Sarcastic, of course it was.

Also, cut down the 'u' 'r' 'coz' etc please. This isn't some instant messenger, you have time to type yourself out properly on a forum like this.

Taak Farst
12-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Ok you are right. I lose. hehe those comments really shined a light of embarrassment on me. Especially the u, r, etc comment. Oh scrap it, your right im wrong

Kainzorus Prime
12-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Self pity does nothing, especially when you're not honest. Anyway, I say this bickering should cease on both sides, yours and mine now.

Lordjedi
12-29-2007, 07:21 PM
He's just trying to get a response out of you Wolv

Taak Farst
12-29-2007, 07:32 PM
yes lordjedi lol no offence but i dont need som1 to be a human C3PO in order for me to know that, and he was also trying to settle the arguement. No harm there.

Serathas
12-29-2007, 08:41 PM
~snipped pic~

this pic should learn you more than "screaming" at each other over the internet, it's impossible to scream with text

Prime
12-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Clean it up lads.

This forum is open to modders of all levels of experience. It is ok to not like a mod and to express constructive criticism. But keep it civil. Even the best of us started out the same way.

90SK
12-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Anyway, I say this bickering should cease on both sides, yours and mine now.

Awww. And here I was just settling in with my popcorn.

Kain, were you ever on pcgm forums, or was that a different Kain? I can't remember.

and @ Wolv: the robes are simple, but if people like them you don't have a problem. it's more touch and go when you're doing things like...for instance, semi-desaturation as opposed to retexturing, but it's your party, so you be the judge.

Lordjedi
12-29-2007, 09:43 PM
It's just a debut mod :(

Serathas
12-29-2007, 11:47 PM
my debut mod for k1 was actually 2da based ( i guess you don't need to include new models in mods who make you able to use items that already are in the game, but not avaiable for the pc),

and im still working on more mods now, by the way, i will work on a endar spire before the battle mod aswell after im done with my cantina mod, if i will learn how, im going to script a shuttle in the hangar, which you will be able to take to the cantina, if i learn how to do so,

anyone who wants, pm me and attach a .utc, utm and dialogue file for a character, or at least give me the utc file, which i will need to make it able to use custom items and a dialogue, and if it uses custom armors, include files for those aswell, and i will set them for use in the arena (if you want to get included into it), if you want it, for the holowan cantina (or whatever it will be named)

redrob41
12-30-2007, 05:22 AM
Is my understanding correct that this will be a new area (a laboratory) with scientists walking around, and jedi named after long term members of the Holowan Laboratories team? If it is, then I'd think that naming the mod "Holowan Laboratories" might be a little confusing, and some people might think that it was a mod created by those long term members (as opposed to a mod that honors them). At least that was what I thought at first, going by the name of the thread. Maybe calling it "Holo-1 Laboratories" would be a bit better? It'd be like "Area-51", except they work on holocron technology. (Plus, I just learned that, in the expanded universe, Holowan Labs is where IG series droids are made on the planet Halowan.)

Wolv, I remember that you've tried to do a Holowan Robe Pack before, and you seemed to have some nice support for that one (too bad your brother messed with your computer). It does seem like a nice way to thank the experienced modders for thier help by putting thier names on characters in your lab mod. A suggestion tho, DarthDingDong you might want to make sure of the gender of some of your in-game character's screenshots. Some of the modders are women (I think: Stoffe, Darth333, InyriForge and Redhawke). Other than that, keep up your best work. I always think that it's the best way to honor a mentor.

Darth InSidious
12-30-2007, 08:52 AM
Actually, RedHawke's male. It's just that recruit mod of his...really confuses people. :xp:

(Seriously, RH, you gotta put a note in your sig. or something. :xp: )

So says you? I loves the interwebs! :xp: -RH

yes darth ur robe is perfect for ur character.

I'm glad you like it.

Taak Farst
12-30-2007, 09:19 AM
thanks for telling me all that redrob. Im only doing this as a way to say thanks. Quite a few people think they get paid or something and sometimes they get no thanks at all.

Btw I have downloaded all ur head packs so far. They are looking gooood, ill add you to the mod

Quanon
12-30-2007, 09:37 AM
thanks for telling me all that redrob. Im only doing this as a way to say thanks. Quite a few people think they get paid or something and sometimes they get no thanks at all.

Don't feel to down Wolv , IMO DK went a bit harsh , but he does have a point .

After seeing 20 recoloring we're convinced you can do that , I feel you and DDD can now to do an extra step , "higher up" .

Just doing the samething over and over again , is like running around in Circles , it doesn't get you any further .

Really , I think you could go and add extra details , do more detailed recoulering for instance .

Though I guess I'm ranting aswell . :lol:

Anyway I still like the idea behind this mod , its a very friendly gesture .

Taak Farst
12-30-2007, 09:43 AM
ok thanx Quanon, i wanna step up to scripting, but it is a bit too complcated for me at the moment. Maybe there is something else i can walk up to
btw im loving ur new avatar.

Marius Fett
12-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Is my understanding correct that this will be a new area (a laboratory) with scientists walking around, and jedi named after long term members of the Holowan Laboratories team? If it is, then I'd think that naming the mod "Holowan Laboratories" might be a little confusing, and some people might think that it was a mod created by those long term members (as opposed to a mod that honors them). At least that was what I thought at first, going by the name of the thread. Maybe calling it "Holo-1 Laboratories" would be a bit better? It'd be like "Area-51", except they work on holocron technology. (Plus, I just learned that, in the expanded universe, Holowan Labs is where IG series droids are made on the planet Halowan.)

Wolv, I remember that you've tried to do a Holowan Robe Pack before, and you seemed to have some nice support for that one (too bad your brother messed with your computer). It does seem like a nice way to thank the experienced modders for thier help by putting thier names on characters in your lab mod. A suggestion tho, DarthDingDong you might want to make sure of the gender of some of your in-game character's screenshots. Some of the modders are women (I think: Stoffe, Darth333, InyriForge and Redhawke). Other than that, keep up your best work. I always think that it's the best way to honor a mentor.

All the robes I made are available for male and females.

Master Zionosis
12-30-2007, 10:52 AM
T7Nowhere
RedHawke robe done
DarthDingDong
Prime robe done
Chainz.2da
Quanon
jcoolZombie
TK102
Darth333
The Source
JediShemL
MasterZionosis
EmperorDevon
GSCCC
Achilles
SuperSquall
Avol
Doom Dealer
Serathas
MindTwistah robe done
DarthXander
silveredge9

Erm, I don't want to be picky but, erm, My name has a space in it, :p

Lots of people make that mistake, but I just thought I'd speak up this time, lol.

Serathas
12-30-2007, 01:29 PM
for this mod, i guess i would want an dark robe with red stripes, like on the jedi academy skin which i posted a model for, im also "hosting" (or at least linking to it) at my moddin site

redrob41
12-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Actually, RedHawke's male. It's just that recruit mod of his...really confuses people. :xp:

(Seriously, RH, you gotta put a note in your sig. or something. :xp: )
Thanks for setting me straight on that. I guess his avatar doesn't help. Oh well, live and learn :)

Actually the 'Character' RedHawke is female. Just FYI. ;) -RH

I think it's a great gesture.
Btw I have downloaded all ur head packs so far. They are looking gooood, ill add you to the mod
I'm glad you like 'em. Thanks for adding me. Can I provide my own jedi robe?

Jae Onasi
12-30-2007, 04:43 PM
The thread is starting to smell kinda spammy, so I pruned some of the off-topic comments. If there's something related to the topic, do please post it here. If it's not related to the topic, please PM that person instead of posting here. Unrelated posts clutter up the thread and make it harder for the casual reader to get to the important stuff. Thanks.

To add some further info to everyone as it is quite apparent that some users seem to have no idea that 'chat' posts are not allowed here in Holowan Labs so don't be surprised if we take to deleteing whole bunches of useless chat posts from these threads. Save the 'chat' and off-topic nonsense for PM's please. They clutter up these threads and make it neigh-impossible for others to sift through them to find any real info.

If they continue they will also lead to spam warnings, note we do indeed nerf post counts if you are a spammer. -RH

Taak Farst
12-30-2007, 06:37 PM
you are allowed to provide ur own robe, uti and dialogue

Serathas
12-31-2007, 01:08 AM
if i get time the day after tomorrow, i will work on a dialogue, i guess, but i will need the name and anything you need to be able to create a dialogue, i want to make one which will let you duel me some, and before i get killed, it would stop, so the npc could heal, untill next duel, and anytime before it gets down to 1 hp, it would stop the duel, but i will need some help with that script

Taak Farst
01-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Hey people sorry for this but this mod is gonna be on the hold for a while, so I can gain more skill to understand this stuff. I have had loads of problems like characters not spawning. Sorry guys -Force- You understand lol

{Snip}

Staff Note: Wishing people happy new year, while very nice, is off-topic for this forum, sorry mate that part of your post has to go, as well as any others that came along. -RH