PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Harddrive Dead: Jedi Robe Model WIP

Prime
12-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Once upon a time Xavier2 (the model) and I (the textures) worked on a mod for a larger project that added more movie-like Jedi robes to K1. He and I have had several requests over the past few years to release them as a separate mod (and Shem gave me a kick in the pants :p )...

So I am updating the textures a bit and creating some robe items for various colour schemes (probably the usual Jedi suspects along with some others). These will replace the starforge robe model and add new robes as well. Some people will be thankful for the fact that it won't require any 2da editing to add them. :)

Here is a preview...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel1.jpg

Don't ask when it will be done, because I honestly don't know. With a new child at home, any time frame I give will be a lie! :D But I'm trying to rap it up sooner rather than later so I can go back into semi-retirement. The basic robe texture is done, now I'm just doing variations...

I'm hoping to do a decent set of character robes, so if there are characters colours that people are interested in, let me know. But I promise nothing! :dev10:

Darth InSidious
12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
One day, Prime, you have got to write a skinning tutorial...these look great. :D

Drizen
12-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Those look amazingly awesome. Are there going to be dark jedi colors for them too?

Ferc Kast
12-18-2007, 05:59 PM
Anakin's Episode 2 & 3 tunics would be good ones to make for this mod.

deathdisco
12-19-2007, 01:09 AM
It's about time these see the light of day as a stand alone mod. :xp:
These models/skins are my all time favorite mod for K1.
Anytime anyone asked about proper Jedi robes I'd point them to the Meck mod.
Can't wait to check out the new tweaked skins. :)

@Darth Balatro/Drizen. The original version had a set of Anakin and dark Jedi robes so I'm sure they'll make it into this release.

Miltiades
12-19-2007, 08:06 AM
Great robes. Love them.

Prime
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Anakin's Episode 2 & 3 tunics would be good ones to make for this mod.Both Anakin's Jedi robe from AOTC and his Sith robes from ROTS will be included...

Prime
12-23-2007, 12:21 PM
A stab at the Anakin padawan robe...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel2.jpg

So far I have about 10 different skins. I'll probably end up with around 20 or so in the end...

Miltiades
12-23-2007, 01:14 PM
That is one awesome robe! Even with the bald head, you can almost see Anakin in it. Great job.

Darth InSidious
12-23-2007, 01:33 PM
That. Is awesome.

How do you do these skins?

Marius Fett
12-23-2007, 02:13 PM
That. Is awesome.

How do you do these skins?

Yeah what DI said! :lol:

You should make a tutorial...

Or at least a few pointers....

Lucied
12-23-2007, 02:31 PM
i would think a nice type of blue robe skin for it would be pretty cool

Prime
12-25-2007, 08:45 PM
How do you do these skins?Is there something in particular you want to know about. I always planned on doing a tutorial at some point, but never really know if people wanted a basic one or more tricks and stuff...

I might try my hand at a blue robe, Lucied...

Inyri
12-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Easiest method would be to do just do a video tutorial showing your texturing process. That would be the most helpful to would-be texturers, I'm sure.

Marius Fett
12-26-2007, 05:21 AM
Yeah do what Inyri said...

Prime
01-02-2008, 01:30 PM
So far I have about 15 robe textures done, with a few to go. Here are some plain, generic coloured red and blue ones that aren't based on any character...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel3.jpg http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel4.jpg

More screens later...

Ferc Kast
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Looks cool; I can't wait for them to be released.

Lucied
01-02-2008, 06:10 PM
awsome prime i am curious as to if this is a replacement mod for all the jedi robes, or atleast that is what i would like,

P.S i always thought the qel droma robe should have a unique skin

EnderWiggin
01-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Even the generic ones look superb. I've been meaning to get back to posting here... anyway, looking great as usual Prime.

_EW_

EDIT:: The video tutorial idea is a very good one, IMHO. I think it would really help some of the middle-of-the-road modders increase their skills if you had a bunch of Prime-ish tips that you use included.

jonathan7
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Is there something in particular you want to know about. I always planned on doing a tutorial at some point, but never really know if people wanted a basic one or more tricks and stuff...

I might try my hand at a blue robe, Lucied...

The mod is looking very sexy so far! I definatly think you should do a tutorial; probably with a few of the tricks your using to produce those fine robes! :)

Darth InSidious
01-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Easiest method would be to do just do a video tutorial showing your texturing process. That would be the most helpful to would-be texturers, I'm sure.
This would be the most useful kind, I feel. If that's OK, Prime? :)

Lordjedi
01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
that's sweet Prime

Prime
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
awsome prime i am curious as to if this is a replacement mod for all the jedi robes, or atleast that is what i would like,

P.S i always thought the qel droma robe should have a unique skinI originally was just going to replace the Star Forge robe model, but after some subtle pushing by Shem :fist: :D I'm replacing the original Jedi robe model. My current (always subject to change :) ) plan is to have a unique texture for each of the robes in the game, and any textures I have left over will be available through cheats. The master robes will be hopeful be more elaborate than the padawan ones.

As for a video tut, I'll have to think about that. Something like that sounds rather time consuming (I've never done it), and my free time is fairly limited these days. But we can see where things sit when this mod is finished...

Shem
01-05-2008, 03:17 AM
I really like these boots seen in this picture of one of my custom robes. The base of the boots is from one of your robes that was released in the "InSidious Plot" mod.

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/8885/kotor00000kl4.jpg

Good work so far Prime. I'm very excited for you to get this released! :D

Jedi.Maverick
01-05-2008, 09:20 AM
I take it you are replacing those horrible original red and blue robes? As well as the Dark jedi robes?

Prime
01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I take it you are replacing those horrible original red and blue robes? As well as the Dark jedi robes?Yeppers. :)

Jedi.Maverick
01-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Great :D I can barely wait to see your mod coming along...
Togheter with my K1 USM the game will feel fresh once again :P

Prime
01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
Progress has been a little slow lately. My new youngster isn't getting to sleep as early as I'd like. :)

I'll get some new screens up soon...

Shem, if you like PM me and maybe I'll get you to send me that texture, and then I can add those boots to one of my new textures for you...

Scatter
01-09-2008, 01:37 AM
Can I be a pedant and point out that these aren't robes - they're tunics. I know everyone who makes these mods for K1 lists them as robes, but that's beside the point. I bring this up not to be an arse, but because I'm genuinely looking to bring actual robes - the sort you see in K2 - into K1.

Reasoning is simple, as it stands, I found K1 to be a much more fulfilling story, while K2 was a better game in terms of overall look and more advanced mechanics in the engine. RPG fans could sorta compare it between the Infinity engine of Baldur's Gate & BG2 sort of thing.

What I plan to do (in K1 ofc) is re-balance most of the attributes of the armor/robes, weapons and force powers and include newly modeled robes (as I understand just extracting the robes from K2 and importing them to K1 would be littered with technical and legal problems, correct?)

I've been searching these forums and have about 20-odd threads open in firefox that I'm in the process of reading, so I should maybe have finished reading all of them before posting this... :D

Jedi.Maverick
01-09-2008, 05:22 AM
I think those tunics as you call them are awesome, as Jedi usually take off their robes and fight only wearing their tunics. This work (at least for me) brings K1 almost to the same level of K2 in terms of visual appeal.

Prime
01-09-2008, 11:42 AM
Can I be a pedant and point out that these aren't robes - they're tunics. I know. In my K2 mod they are called tunics, but I stick with the common usage in K1. :)

bitrom
01-11-2008, 03:58 AM
Could you release the rob... a mean the tunics you already have?
Doesn't have to be a master piece.

Prime
01-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Sorry, you'll have to wait. ;) I have about 20 robes now, with a few more to do. It'll be done when it's done. :p

Ghost Down
01-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Will you make gloved versions to?

Shem
01-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Will you make gloved versions to?Check some of the screenshots. ;)

bitrom
01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Sorry, you'll have to wait. ;) I have about 20 robes now, with a few more to do. It'll be done when it's done. :p

damn

oh well

take your time

make them pretty :)

Prime
01-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Will you make gloved versions to?They will all be gloved.

V. Melkalis
01-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Finally a good robes mode for kotor 1. Going rly nicely there. the characters do look a bit thin a flat though. Jedi robes are usually more loose and less tight.

Prime
01-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Limits of the model unfortunately. The mod if far from perfect, of course...

Jedi.Maverick
01-14-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm just glad they will all be gloved, I can't stand that there are some nice robe mods around but they are ungloved so i have to switch files to play black/caucasian/asian...
Do they have their own uv maps or they use the old ones? And will there be robes in which the gloves covers the sleeves, like the original ones (I've always liked the brown robe)?

Thanks and keep up the good work prime!

V. Melkalis
01-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Limits of the model unfortunately. The mod if far from perfect, of course...

have you considered using other models for a more loose effect? There's a republic uniform model that i think it could fit the skin really good with a few adjustments:

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/67/files2/65131_1.jpg

bitrom
01-15-2008, 05:02 AM
More screens?

Shem
01-15-2008, 05:41 AM
have you considered using other models for a more loose effect? There's a republic uniform model that i think it could fit the skin really good with a few adjustments:Look at the sleeves of that model you have presented. Look at the shoulder pads. Look at the neckline. Those are areas that I could think of that wouldn't make a good model base for a Jedi robe.

V. Melkalis
01-15-2008, 06:45 AM
Look at the sleeves of that model you have presented. Look at the shoulder pads. Look at the neckline. Those are areas that I could think of that wouldn't make a good model base for a Jedi robe.

But I suppose they could be modified. Prime did a quite few radical changes on the original robes, or so it seems.

Shem
01-15-2008, 02:08 PM
But I suppose they could be modified. Prime did a quite few radical changes on the original robes, or so it seems.It would have been nice if you had read the original post that started this thread instead of just staring at the pictures that Prime provided.

V. Melkalis
01-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I did read the post. What's your point?

RedHawke
01-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I did read the post. What's your point?
Then you noticed this the first line in the first post I'm sure?

Once upon a time Xavier2 (the model) and I (the textures) worked on a mod for a larger project that added more movie-like Jedi robes to K1.

V. Melkalis
01-16-2008, 05:34 AM
Then you noticed this the first line in the first post I'm sure?

oh, so prime is working on this alone then? i probably misunderstood it.

Shem
01-16-2008, 07:37 AM
oh, so prime is working on this alone then? i probably misunderstood it.What you need to understand is that the model for this mod is made by Xavier2. This is something you weren't addressing earlier which lead us to believe you didn't read the original annoucement post.

Prime
01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Look at the sleeves of that model you have presented. Look at the shoulder pads. Look at the neckline. Those are areas that I could think of that wouldn't make a good model base for a Jedi robe.Plus, it makes the character look like they have a fat ass. :)

More screens?I'll try to get a couple up in the next day or so...

Lordjedi
01-20-2008, 02:49 AM
YAY! I got this model in my game by the InSidious Plot mod. These models are awesome. Can't wait for you to release your textures with it :D

Scatter
01-20-2008, 06:52 AM
I think those tunics as you call them are awesome, as Jedi usually take off their robes and fight only wearing their tunics. This work (at least for me) brings K1 almost to the same level of K2 in terms of visual appeal.
i agree they are completely awesome and look it. i was not, and didn't mean to, insinuate otherwise.

Ghost Down
01-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Heh, I am waiting for these to be released before starting a new game..

Prime
01-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Sorry for the delay. Life was busy last week and didn't get a chance to work on it. I only have one or two textures left to do. And I promise I'll get a screen or two up soon...

Prime
01-21-2008, 11:50 PM
Some screens, as promised...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel5.jpg http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel6.jpg

Lordjedi
01-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Awesome Prime!! Can't wait!

bitrom
01-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Looks great :)

Ferc Kast
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Looks very promising.

V. Melkalis
01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Is there gonna be any specific variant on the quel droma robes? Also is this mod also gonna change the robes on most jedis seen in game? (with exception for vandar i suppose). Also could you show us some pictures of the female version?

McTitan
01-24-2008, 08:46 AM
these robes look great! I can't wait to download it.

Prime
01-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Is there gonna be any specific variant on the quel droma robes? Probably.

Also is this mod also gonna change the robes on most jedis seen in game? (with exception for vandar i suppose).Yes.

Also could you show us some pictures of the female version?Sorry, there isn't a female version. No model was ever done.

wdrewjr
01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
These robes/tunics look fantastic!! Any rough idea when they might be done? (not to hurry you in any way - I'm just curious) I'm gettiing ready to start a new game, and if it will only be a few days I'll wait, but if it's going to be weeks/months I'll just go ahead with what I've got. At any rate, thanks for all of the hard work you're putting into this.

bitrom
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
"It'll be done when it's done". Thats what modders always said.

Marius Fett
01-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Well said bitrom! :D

Seriously though these look awsome Prime!

Prime
01-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Any rough idea when they might be done? I honestly don't. I don't have a whole lot left to do time-wise. But between kids, basketball, and way to much real work I haven't had much chance to work on it of late. Believe me, I want to get it finished up, and I will be sure to keep people posted. But it is likely a couple of weeks away...

wdrewjr
01-31-2008, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the reply Prime. Actually, that was all the info I was looking for. Knowing that it is more than a couple of days away I can feel free to start a new game now and look forward to your release for my next game. I know how busy life is with a family and kids. Take care!

Wes

Prime
02-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Just a note, but you should be able to just drop the mod in and be able to use it right away in an existing game...

Prime
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Update: I have most of the icons and .uti finished, now there is just the readme left. Hopefully won't be long now...

Ghost Down
02-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Nice, can't wait!

Btw. what ever happend to that Republic uniform/Carth mod?

Prime
02-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Btw. what ever happend to that Republic uniform/Carth mod?Still sitting quietly on my harddrive. I've been flip flopping on whether to release it or not...

Lordjedi
02-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Yay it's also gonna be released.

Prime
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Some last shots. To quote Gold Leader: "Aaaaalmost there!"

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/newrobes1.jpg

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/newrobes2.jpg

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/newrobes3.jpg

Q
03-04-2008, 10:26 PM
OMG those look great! :thumbsup:

Well, that and the default models suck so bad. :xp:

Lordjedi
03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Those look awesome Prime :D

Darth InSidious
03-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Some last shots. To quote Gold Leader: "Aaaaalmost there!"
Doesn't he get blown to smithereens?
:xp:

Looking good, Prime. ;)

Wacky Jack
03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
To quote Gold Leader: "Aaaaalmost there!"

i think that was actually Red Leader
but anyway, on topic, these robes look great!

Shem
03-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Looking good, Prime. I look forward to its release.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4620/episodeivlines1692db3.jpg

MasterWaffle
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Ah, too bad there isn't a female model, these robes look really cool. I agree with Darth InSidious, you need to post a skinning tutorial someday, your work is incredible. :)

Prime
03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
i think that was actually Red LeaderDamn, you're right!

Mono_Giganto
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
Those look great Prime, glad to see a familiar face, and glad to see you've still got the touch. :)

Prime
03-06-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey Partner. Good to see you around. I may still have the touch (thanks for saying) but the touch takes a hell of a lot longer to get anything done these days!!

sekan
03-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Those screenshots looks awesome :thmbup1:

Mono_Giganto
03-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Hey Partner. Good to see you around. I may still have the touch (thanks for saying) but the touch takes a hell of a lot longer to get anything done these days!!

Heh, I know how that feels, though probably not on a comparable scale, given that you've got a kid now. I'm still trying to sort out which buttons do what in Max again. I can't believe I used to be able to do this stuff. :fist:

Darth333
03-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Those look great Prime, glad to see a familiar face, and glad to see you've still got the touch. :)
lol when I saw the thread title which appeared only partially on the main swk forum page "Back from the Harddrive Dead" and Mono_Giganto as the last poster, I thought that this thread was about you :p

It's good to see you again :)

Nice work as always Prime! With all these new robes and mods I guess I should reinstall Kotor and give it another go for its 5th anniversary!

V. Melkalis
03-06-2008, 03:15 PM

YOU got the touch! YOU got the power!

When all hell's breaking loose you'll be riding eye of the storm!

bitrom
03-07-2008, 10:31 AM
So far I have about 15 robe textures done, with a few to go. Here are some plain, generic coloured red and blue ones that aren't based on any character...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel3.jpg http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/robemodel4.jpg

More screens later...

"15 robe textures done" and this was two months ago.
So whats the delay? This was supposed to be a re-texture of the original model made by xavier2 right?

V. Melkalis
03-07-2008, 12:40 PM
So whats the delay? This was supposed to be a re-texture of the original model made by xavier2 right?

Just let him take the time he wishes and stop whinning. Even if we dont get it, its just a silly videogame mod. Its not like its gonna solve world hunger.

Eefluxx
03-07-2008, 12:57 PM
Good things come to those who wait :)

Beside knowing from experiance I would think a small child running around takes up alot of his time.

bitrom
03-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Just let him take the time he wishes and stop whinning. Even if we dont get it, its just a silly videogame mod. Its not like its gonna solve world hunger.

Yeah I now that and you right.
Im not playing kotor in this days anyway.
I don't understand why he doesn't release them yet.

Shem
03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
So whats the delay?Let's see. He's got a job, a wife, and kids. Basically this is something he does on his own free time.

Mono_Giganto
03-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Yeah I now that and you right.
Im not playing kotor in this days anyway.
I don't understand why he doesn't release them yet.

Because they're not done.

Man, why am I such a nice guy on LF? I have so much more fun with this kind of stuff on other boards. :p

Alexander the Great
03-09-2008, 08:09 PM
What other robes are you doing besides standard replacements and party member robes?

Let's see. He's got a job, a wife, and kids. Basically this is something he does on his own free time.

Does he have a dog?

Prime
03-10-2008, 10:31 AM
So whats the delay? My free time is nil, for the mentioned reasons and others. And like it or not, until someone pays me to do this stuff it is low on the priority scale. I'm getting it done as fast as I can...

bitrom
03-10-2008, 07:02 PM

I was thinking that with 15 textures is more than enough.

Thats what i was trying to said.