PDA

View Full Version : Merchant Mods?

e-varmint
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Has anyone ever made a mod where custom merchants with different markup/markdown rates were set up on various planets for the purpose of general trade?

What I am thinking of doing (If it has not already been done) is:

Create some custom trade items (grain, electronics, textiles, etc.) which can be bought on planet x, taken to planet y, and re-sold for a profit.

Darth Payne
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
You could probably make a quest out of this.

Might be interesting.

Mindtwistah
12-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, smart. Some planets are richer than others right? Then you should be able to buy a cheap thing on a poor planet like Nar Shadaa and sell it for a high price on a rich planet like Onderon. :) Would be lovely if you did that, even more lovely if you did it for K1 as well :P

e-varmint
12-19-2007, 01:29 PM
...even more lovely if you did it for K1 as well :P
Actually, I had K1 in mind. I haven't had much luck with TSL modding. I think it would be a good way to raise money to buy some of the prohibitively expensive weapons and armor. If only it was possible to script a ship purchase............

Mindtwistah
12-20-2007, 02:31 AM
You could do "something complicated" with quests, variables, and loads of scripts and I'm sure it would work to have a ship purchase. Of course, I have no idea of how..

e-varmint
12-20-2007, 08:49 AM
You could do "something complicated" with quests, variables, and loads of scripts and I'm sure it would work to have a ship purchase. Of course, I have no idea of how..

The game would have to "delete" the Ebon Hawk and substitute the purchased ship for my idea to work. Since I have started the Taris Ruins mod, I think I'll just drop it..........

On a brighter note, my merchant idea works! I inserted Janice and her droid shop into the ruins with a 250% buy and 350% sell rate. I can load up on "stuff" at other stores and Clean Up when I see Janice! I don't even have to create custom trade items.

A useful tidbit: Use the A GFF Editor if you want to make extreme markup/markdown changes. The Kotor Tool keeps changing the rates back to their original values (if you are using an existing merchant).