PDA

View Full Version : Team recruiting and modding

Taak Farst
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi me and Serathas teamed up recently and decided to make a team instead of just the two of us for modding. At the moment we are going to make two mods we really would like help with.
Taris Arena Enhancement. This reskins the duel arena characters, makes them tougher, equip them with better stuff and editing the dialogue. We MIGHT be adding new characters including if you join the team we will also add you as an opponent. e.g If Serathas joined me I would make him his own character opponent. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE
We really need help so plz join, anyone is welcome, even if you only know how to do one thing e.g you only know how to skin.

Serathas
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Hi me and Serathas teamed up recently and decided to make a team instead of just the two of us for modding. At the moment we are going to make two mods we really would like help with.
1. Taris Arena Enhancement. This reskins the duel arena characters, makes them tougher, equip them with better stuff and editing the dialogue. We MIGHT be adding new characters including if you join the team we will also add you as an opponent. e.g If Serathas joined me I would make him his own character opponent. THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE

2. The Holowan Cantina. This will be a new cantina on tatooine featuring merchants and stuff but will also include the option to travel to different mods by talking to me or serathas in-game. It will contain The holowan spire, my holowan labs when finished, and more.

We really need help so plz join, anyone is welcome, even if you only know how to do one thing e.g you only know how to skin.

only thing you basically need to know is what npc you are going to use, and i could work out a dialogue for it, but i may somehow need some help with resripting the arena in the taris upper city, so you can challange new opponents instead of the orginal one, i think its better if we use the upper city cantina instead, and edit it to the holowan cantina, its bigger

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Do you guys have a place for a reskinner,if so I would love to join you.Also tell me the textures you are going to use if you allow me to join you two.

Serathas
12-21-2007, 07:56 PM
yeah, sure, we could use any help

this thread is the main discussion:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=184481&page=3

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 08:08 PM
So Serathas what should I do on the main discussion page should I ask there or what?

Serathas
12-21-2007, 08:10 PM
you can find any information there, like if you wonder which mods we are going to make compatible with each other

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 08:14 PM
From the look of it 2 people are already on skinning line so what can I do can I still join and if so where to post"Can I Join Please?"in this thread or the other one

Darth Payne
12-21-2007, 08:16 PM
LordRevan999, if you want to join the team you are welcome. Besides, the more skinners we have, the faster we get finished we the skinning part of things.

If you want i can PM you the lists we have so far.

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Ok then whats the waiting.

Serathas
12-21-2007, 08:18 PM
if you guys want, i can host the pack on my website and filefront, once its done

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 08:22 PM
That would be very helpful,so when are you finishing your pack serathas.

Serathas
12-21-2007, 08:26 PM
i mean, the modpack we are working on, a pack to make mods compatible with each others, and aswell, we are going to make some new mods

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Ok,then send me the link when you upload it to your site or filefront.And danyael27 please send me the list I will be waiting.

Serathas
12-21-2007, 08:39 PM
we are far from done, we started some days ago

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 08:41 PM
So how can I aid you people?

Serathas
12-21-2007, 08:53 PM
if you want, you could help modelling citizens (for the holowan cantina) and maybe a duel combatant, if you want your own char in the battle arena, which i will try to get into the pack, latest in v2 of the mod, it will be a custom version of the taris arena, which will include characters from people in the mod team, that you will be able to duel against, if you want, include a custom dialogue script

LordRevan999
12-21-2007, 08:58 PM
Serathas modeling is difficult for me as I only have gmax and I don't know much about dialog scripts and When I don't know all the stuff then how can I make a custom dialog script.Sorry I couldn't help.

Serathas
12-21-2007, 09:01 PM
okay, i can make the dialogue part then, no problem, hehe

Taak Farst
12-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Sorry I have been lacking this forum... helping my family prepare for xmas, call me santas little helper :)

Anyway glad to have you on board LordRevan999.
It is a pity we cannot do this for TSL btw too. Last night I just went on a modding spree and The Combat Simulation Arena was brilliant...
BTW can i say even tho we might have skinners or something already, more are still welcome. The more the betta :)
EDIT We need most of all scripters who know a bit about merchants.

LordRevan999
12-22-2007, 07:23 AM
It is a pity we cannot do this for TSL btw too. Last night I just went on a modding spree and The Combat Simulation Arena was brilliant...

What do you mean wolverinestabs?

Taak Farst
12-22-2007, 07:50 AM
As Serathas from what I know does not have TSL, this is only for K1. I said it was a pity as some of the module mods for TSL would be great in it. BTW being that doom dealer doesnt mod anymore we will not use the holowan spire as we can no longer hope on getting permission. In fact for K1 there arent much module mods out there available so I think we should just stick with the arena enhancement

LordRevan999
12-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Yeah your right.But thats not all see the mods pack series discussion there others and I will also make compatible mods for both games including some new mods like serathas is going to make a new module which will be compatible by our mod.Oh and do you need any help by the way and aren't you team member of the mod pack series team like me.

P.S what is BTW?

Taak Farst
12-22-2007, 09:12 AM
I am no longer a member. People if WE DO add a module bit it will have to be ones that have been newly released by som1 on the team. e.g I will include holowan labs when it is done
EDIT BTW is by the way
EDIT 3 days till xmas :)

LordRevan999
12-22-2007, 09:40 AM
So who will release the mod you or serathas or who?And Is This forum for only for Arena talk?.And Please tell me any work that I can do.

Taak Farst
12-22-2007, 09:43 AM
look at my first post, it says what we will do. You could start on reskinning Bendak to a more 'deadly' look, without skinning the actual mando

LordRevan999
12-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Ok,will look for ideas and would start as soon as possible,by the way I will not be available on the forum till 3 or 4 December.Although I had been working on a shiny bendak's armor.Please tell me what do you want bendak to look loke with some details on what should be done.

Darth Payne
12-22-2007, 10:13 AM
You could make an armor that looks like the ones in this pic.

Due to bendak being who he is, i think personally that he would have a somwhat ornate armor.

PS: the screenie is from Final Touch by Oldflash.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/screenshots/File/72996/7

Taak Farst
12-22-2007, 10:17 AM
i agree with the gold skin in the middle, but keep the appearance used and make it darker, maybe a bit of wat may look like dry blood. Cover
EDIT Serathas we are not adding to the mod pack series. Danyael announced it dead

Darth Payne
12-22-2007, 10:22 AM
If the remaining team members want to continue working on it i will gladly hand the reins(sp?) over to whomever wants it.

I declared it dead due to having the team cut in half.

LordRevan999
12-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Using oldflash's idea won't work as in kotor 1 it would require mandlore's armor model file which is porting.

Darth Payne
12-22-2007, 10:35 AM
mandalores armor is not that different.

its just basically the helmet and the shoulder pad things that are different.

all youd have to do is re skin the armor of bendak to look somewhat like the one you like.

Taak Farst
12-22-2007, 10:46 AM
thats why i said use the same appearance used, make this skin darker and maybe blood-stains

Serathas
12-22-2007, 12:02 PM
thats why i said use the same appearance used, make this skin darker and maybe blood-stains

yeah, but imo, it would be better if you do a reskin of the basic mandolarian skin, but without replacing it, let revan (the pc) be able to use it

imo = in my oppinion

---------------------------------------------------

People really should read what we have been saying...

im going to die from the retardation, that seem to be, when people don't want to listen

WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE ANY CREDITS FOR ANY MODS THAT WE DIDN't MAKE, ARE YOU PEOPLE BLIND? WE WILL ONLY MAKE MODS COMPATIBLE WITH EACH OTHER, AND ADD A CUSTOM MODULE TO THE PACK, AS A BONUS, THE MODULE WILL BE AN EDITED VERSION OF THE TARIS UPPER CITY CANTINA, SO IT WILL INCLUDE A DUEL ARENA, IN WHICH WE WILL INCLUDE CUSTOM SKINS AND SIMULAR FROM THE PLAYERS WHO MODDED THE CANTINA, WHICH WILL SAY US

we will remove any mods in which we don't get permission to use, after latest, 1 week, what makes it so bad if we place the mods before we get permission? its just good advertisement, and if we don't get permission, as we said, we will remove any mods we don't get permission to use

Mod Edit: Don't do that big font thing or use all caps writing again, it is difficult to read and only serves to make you look bad and irritate readers. -RH

Darth Payne
12-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Someone should put up a dictionary of abreviations.

Those things always confused the heck out of me.

Anyways, you could always reskin the mandalorian battle armor. It does not have a helmet, but from the neck down it looks closer to the mandalore armor than the assault armor does.

Is it even possible to make a helmet? For K1 that is.

Serathas
12-22-2007, 01:25 PM
yeah, but you got to change the heads for it then so they always will use it

e-varmint
12-23-2007, 11:59 AM
.......... Taris Arena Enhancement.......

Here some enhanced characters that you can use. I made them for another mod. I did not re-skin any of these, just added different armor and made them tougher. I believe that Gerlon looks like a blue mandalorian.

http://www.e-varmint.net/tar02_deadeye022.zip

One problem I encountered when trying to edit the arena module:

There are so many files that the Kotor Tool kept giving me a "too many files" error. I ended up having to put my .utc and .dlg files in the override folder.

Serathas
12-23-2007, 01:47 PM
oh, thats abit bad, but yeah, i place all my files in a simular folder, untill i place them in the override, and for backup, aswell

LordRevan999
12-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Here are few pics of what I had tried,although all of them could use work but I wished to ask your opinion(serathas and wolverinestabs)Also the golden one is for a mod I was making can I use them for both like giving you and completing my mod and upload it to net.Here are the links:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8744/trsvxtkgjjho2.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7408/67144319va2.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/qbzxszuybj.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/shblhonzxu.jpg

Serathas
12-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Here are few pics of what I had tried,although all of them could use work but I wished to ask your opinion(serathas and wolverinestabs)Also the golden one is for a mod I was making can I use them for both like giving you and completing my mod and upload it to net.Here are the links:
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8744/trsvxtkgjjho2.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/7408/67144319va2.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/qbzxszuybj.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/shblhonzxu.jpg

hey, it looks awsome, and btw, could you include the orginal version as an item for use, in the mod? wich won't change if you use any mod for it

those looks really awsome, great work on them

Lordjedi
12-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Can I help?

LordRevan999
12-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Hey,guys please tell me some suggestions about the pics I gave the link for.And is serathas how much work have you been able to do till now and is wolverinestabs here or not because I want to ask what I read the reason for editing his post that he is not going to do module part.
EDIT:Serathas any good suggestions on the pics I gave would be a lot of help.

Serathas
12-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Can I help?

sure, what are you able to do? or well ,what do you want to do? we could use help from a good dialogues editor (conversations/merchant scripts, and simular)

LordRevan999
12-29-2007, 01:12 AM
Here are few pics of the armor I worked on after your opinion let see if you like it.
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/higfzbboqa.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/vduyqvlbxq.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/caaodququo.jpg
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/l/LordRevan999/121980/pcklihecrc.jpg

Lordjedi
12-29-2007, 01:38 AM
sure, what are you able to do? or well ,what do you want to do? we could use help from a good dialogues editor (conversations/merchant scripts, and simular)I'm really more of a skinner and want is the file name of the mandalorian

Serathas
12-29-2007, 12:02 PM
well, myself, im able to do skinning (only basics, if i try some times), aswell, i can create modules (not from scratch, i cant change the look in any other ways than removing whats inside it, and place new stuff), i can aswell make basic chars, but i still got trouble to get scripts working with a dialogue, example with my merchant script

i guess i can make recruit mods aswell, i could try... just that i need to get my dialogue to work with my scripts

Lordjedi
01-01-2008, 10:04 PM
I know this is kinda bad but I'm just in the WIP stage of this Mando Armor
http://img229.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kotor0000hyc9.jpg

Darth Payne
01-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Just a suggestion on my part.

You might want to keep the colors muted.

Most times i can't stand items like clothing or armor that have neon type coloring.

Serathas
01-02-2008, 03:02 AM
well, this is what im working on, as addons for my holowan cantina mod, which im working on aswell, i need to learn talk -move to another module - fight to 1 hp - move back to the first module, aswell, how can i make a dialogue not replace an existing one, i tried to replace the old, with a new name, but the character won't accept the new one then (yeah, i missed that):

im going to make at least 1 new npc for the cantina, which i will create, it will come in 2 packs, either recruitable in the holowan cantina which im going to create, by beating her in the arena, or in the orginal cantina on taris, she will be using an echani pc head[/url], which is made by redrob41 (i got his permissions to use it in the mod aswell

her name: Afena

her story: she was one of briannas sisters (not half sister), they got seperated as childs,but she got trained as an echani later,

however, she was force sencitive, and decided to escape, she did therefore sneak abord an imperial ship on Telos IV, and she did escape to tatooine, and from there flee to the jedi academy on dantooine, she got trained, by her jedi master:Orn Sep'ac, who also was a lethan colored twi'lek male (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lethan), who you will be able to meet on the jedi academy at the jedi academy on dantooine

(though, the sidequest will be avaiable in v2), he will meet you when you are going for your quest to either kill or save juhani,

though, when juhani was about to attack you (according to the orginal story), she will attack orn, while she will trap you in a force field,

and then strike her saber right at the heart of orn, while you and your party will be trapped in a force field, orn will die, and right after, afena will break the force field, she will try to get her revenge, and duel juhani, though, you will get set free in the middle of the duel, after juhani will surrender, and get a chance to save her (ls) or kill her (ds)

as i said, she will replace juhani..

you will be able to duel her (not kill her, just duel), fist vs fist, saber vs saber, in the arena for my holowan cantina mod, and elsewhere, if not in combat already, she will also have some dialogues, and sidequests in v2 (inlcuding a way to let her kill juhani, as i said in her background, for killing her jedi master:Orn)

-----------------------------------------------------

another npc im going to create (but i would like help with the skin) is a duellist for myself,

it would be great if someone could be able to mod calo nords armor (the one the pc can use) to an armor with black looking metal, and with thin dark red stripes + blood, that would be awsome, which is going to be for my rodian duellist, who will take twitch's place as the arena champion, before you challange him to a duel (if you win, will say), voice actors would be awsome, if anyone want to act as a voice for the echani female recruit named

things im going to need help with to ever get this project done:

all tutorials would be best if avaiable for win2k (including the programs you need to use for them)

a reskin of calo nords armor (the one the revan can use after killing him), recolored with black looking metal, blood red stripes, and some blood on it

a tutorial for how to apply reskins as items

a tutorial for how to do journal entries/quests, after a dialogue

a tutorial for how to attach scripts (include new recruit ones) on a dialogue..

a talk - move to a new module - duel to 1p, recive credits, move back scipt (for the holowan cantina mod, so you can duel custom npcs... or a way to completely change the name for a script, including when you use it with a dialogue aswell, and i could the already existing duel arena script, modded on the new module (the holowan cantina)

Hey,guys please tell me some suggestions about the pics I gave the link for.And is serathas how much work have you been able to do till now and is wolverinestabs here or not because I want to ask what I read the reason for editing his post that he is not going to do module part.
EDIT:Serathas any good suggestions on the pics I gave would be a lot of help.

those are awsome, really awsome

LordRevan999
01-02-2008, 03:31 AM
would you tell me the calo nord armor cheat to get and use it in game and which name of the texture is of calo nord's armor in kotor tool I could make a re skin of it.And also do you need the bendak's armor reskin that I made I can pm you and give you the file .tga.Please reply if not agree with me at least.

Serathas
01-02-2008, 03:48 AM
Calo Nord's Battle Armor: g_a_class8005

aswell, if you could make it unique (resref and name, etc, so it won't conflict with other mods), it would be really nice

i could make it upgradeable, and souch, or at least, a skin would be nice, and i could make the rest (just tell me what i need to change to make the skin appear for the item, lol)

aswell, the name: Serathas (written with a font named: wolfsbane), on the back, from left to right, or something

the font for pc:
http://www.gmkfreefonts.com/fontspc/w/wolfsbanebold.html

the font for mac:
http://www.gmkfreefonts.com/fontsmac/w/wolfsbaneex.html

and if anyone wants to (female) i need a voice actor, for my recruitable npc (using an echani head made by redrob41 with his permission), which also will be in the cantina, as a duellist

addon for the echani story: she will appear at the cantina, and after that, she will travel with you to dantooine, so i would strongly recommend you to recruit her before dantooine...

aswell, how can i make an new dialogue, from an existing one, without replacing the old one?

LordRevan999
01-02-2008, 03:59 AM
Never got that much in a skin but after making the reskin I would try my best to do all that you request.
Question=If you don't need the bedak's armor reskin that I made then Can I delete it as it is not going to be of any use for you.

Serathas
01-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Never got that much in a skin but after making the reskin I would try my best to do all that you request.
Question=If you don't need the bedak's armor reskin that I made then Can I delete it as it is not going to be of any use for you.

hey, not so fast, i will use the bendaks armor skin aswell, if you want, for your character in the arena (if you want one there, will say),it will take bendaks place in the arena, that character looks the most like bendak, but much cooler, thats why, if you want, you could use bendaks armor, but i got other plans for the one im requesting

if it's ok, could you release the request into 2 versions? 1 with the serathas text and 1 without, so i could choose the one i like the most (btw, the text would do best if red or white)

LordRevan999
01-02-2008, 04:05 AM
So you want tutorials I can give you advice and can guide you in reskinnig,making a custom item and texture related stuff.If you need any one of them ask me.

Serathas
01-02-2008, 04:08 AM
So you want tutorials I can give you advice and can guide you in reskinnig,making a custom item and texture related stuff.If you need any one of them ask me.

yeah, i would really need that, im going to make a new version of my new clothes pack, which i got hosted at my site aswell, so it can use upgrades and act like an own item instead of replacing the old one, thats what i need to learn, so i can use the reskins you guys make aswell, for the arena, without replacing existing ones

aswell, so the pc and party members (and any other npc) are able to use them like an existing ingame item, lol

LordRevan999
01-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Well I can allow you to use the mandlorian texture for my character if you like it and think that would suit my character best.
Second thing if you want the font to be written where should it be written and by the way the font will be big so I would have to scale it to fit it to some place like frontside of armor or backside or on the shoulders etc.

Serathas
01-02-2008, 04:15 AM
nvm about the text part, it's not that important, and if you want to, sure, your char could use the bendak reskin, it looks really much like a cooler version of bendak, so somehow, i think i could try to record a voice, or maybe not, depends on my mic's ingame quality

edit: time to get some sleep, i will reply later, when i get up, still, if you want, pm me, if you need me, and i will reply once i wake up

aswell, i guess im the only kiss fan here, but i will see if anyone could model the electric guitars, drum sticks and microphone and i could do the rest, so they could play on the stage (1 song, at least, lol), where the entertainers usually are on the orginal cantina, on the taris upper city

and yeah, great work everyone, so far

im so sorry, but i got some terrible news today, for the mod, my parents are seperated, and my dad only cares about his new girlfriend + child, he did shut my phone down without noticing me (the subscription) and now, our internet connection (without noticing) , so unfortunately, i will have to put the cantina mod on hold (if i cant download alot of tutorials, and still work some on it), they will take 3 months for the internet deactivation to take effect, and after that, 1 month for activating a new one, im so sorry about this, and i really hate my dad now

i will still be able to be on every 3rd weekend, on the forum, so i could see the progress, and help you out as soon as i get back

redrob41
01-07-2008, 02:35 AM
Hey Serathas, sorry to hear about your family situation. Hope things work out in the end. I know that real life takes precedence, so take care of yourself before taking care of the mod.

I've been working on an Echani duelist for you, so I hope that, in time, you'll be able to keep working on your arena mod. I'll hold onto the skin for you, without using it in another mod. Here's some screens of how much I've got done, but I'll still tweak it some more:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3871/echaniduelist2ih3.th.jpg (http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=echaniduelist2ih3.jpg) http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9399/echaniduelist1mx0.th.jpg (http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=echaniduelist1mx0.jpg)
I might eventually re-release my PC Echani, and use this as my soldier basic clothes (it's less bulky than standard soldier clothes). Untill then, I'd still like to see her in the dueling ring. Btw, how'd you pick the name Afena? Does it have a special meaning?

LordRevan999, I really like how your Mandalorian armors are turning out. I like the gold color of your Bendak armor, especially around the rib cage. If you could maybe add a little more of that darker gold to the rest of the yellow areas (so it's a little more contrasty), I think that it'd be fantastic. Please don't delete your Bendak! If you think you're done with it, you could e-mail it to me (you've got my address).
That red armor looks awesome. If he becomes a new duelist, his stage name could be "Bloodbath!" :D.
Also, if you make an armor for your own character, maybe you could put the number 999 on the shoulder plate.

Lordjedi, keep at it, 'cause you're off to a great start, and a nice green color. I can't tell if the armor is shiny or not (maybe you saved it without the "alpha 1" channel?). As for the blood, IMO it's a bit too bright red. Dried blood usually starts turning a brown color after a while. Plus, the blood looks a little too perfect; maybe you could rough it up a little (like LordRevan999's) and make it more splotchy.

LordRevan999
01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Hey thanks for support redrob41 I have changed my mind I will give this armor skin to serathas for his mod and I had that in my mind about placing 999 but I can't decide which robe or armor should LordRevan999 use In game.By the way the echani duelist is great keep working on the great mods.I wish you well in future.And hey I am sorry that I haven't released the golden bendak armor I am a bit occupied.After I get some free time I would love to complete that armor reskin.
And LordJedi If you need help I am always ready to help someone.

Serathas
01-07-2008, 10:50 AM
i will use both the echani char, as a custom recruit, and another char for me in the arena, so no worries there

i got the name, from star wars galaxies, when i played it, or well, i got it from kotor (the last name, sepac or raghy, depends on which i will choose), and the first name from star wars galaxies, so it don't mean anything special, but i just found it suiting