PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] Recruitable Kay - a KotOR Recruitment Mod

Inyri
12-24-2007, 01:01 PM
It's been a year and a half in the making, but here it is finally. Recruitable Kay provides a new character for your KotOR experience, replacing Juhani, and includes full voiced dialogue, a three-planet side quest, and a new experience. Kay will join you on Tatooine if you decide to use her and will remain with you til the end of the game. She's also not shy, so if you bring her with be prepared to hear her speak just like any other character would!

>>Download Recruitable Kay from KotORFiles (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Recruitable_Kay;85258)<<
>>Download the 1.01 Patch from KotORFiles (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Recruitable_Kay;86204)<<
>>Download the 1.01a Hotfix from KotORFiles (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Recruitable_Kay;90703)<<
>>Download the Sound Patch from KotORFiles (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Recruitable_Kay;114151)<<

http://inyri.flowinternet.net/images/projects/recruit-kay-sm.jpg

Make sure to check out Shem's lengthy review for more details, and as always read the read-me! It's very important to make sure everything works properly. :)

Darth InSidious
12-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I was wondering when you'd post this here.

Very cool, Inyri-buns :p

Arátoeldar
12-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Awesome mod IF. :thumbsup:

Eagle Racer
12-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Looks good. Must have been a ton of work with all the scripting. Can't wait to check it out in game.

Lordjedi
12-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Downloaded it and it's great 10/10 :rock:

Ferc Kast
12-25-2007, 07:10 PM
About to install this; BTW, isn't the original saber model with a new hilt the same (if my eyes aren't decieving me, that is)? Looks cool either way! :thumbsup:

Darth InSidious
12-25-2007, 07:12 PM
I think it's just similar, and it's quite a small pic there.

Inyri
12-25-2007, 07:57 PM
About to install this; BTW, isn't the original saber model with a new hilt the same (if my eyes aren't decieving me, that is)? Looks cool either way! Not sure I get what you mean. I made the hilt toward the end of the modding process. It's one of the few hilts I've done that were original designs.

Ferc Kast
12-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I meant, was it "old model, new texture" or "new model, new texture" as far the lightsaber is concerned? This is merely curiousity because this and the original sabers remarkably similar.

Darth Payne
12-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Umm, what happens if i use the same face for my PC as Kay has?

My current PC could be Kay's twin.

Inyri
12-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I personally wouldn't, because they do look a lot alike, but they're not exactly the same, so you could use it if you wanted to. The world won't explode.

Ghost Down
12-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Hey Inyri,

Looking great, but when I try to install I get an error.
Any idea what might be causing it?

This is the error I am talking about; Error <-- Click me (http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/Ghostdown/Error.jpg)

Thanks in advance,

Ghost Down

Master Zionosis
12-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Hey Inyri,

This is the error I am talking about; Error <-- Click me (http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r210/Ghostdown/Error.jpg)

Thanks in advance,

Ghost Down

I had that problem while I was beta testing, I did tell Inyri about it.

The file in question "Localization.mod" isn't actually in the "backup" folder, If I remember correctly it's in the "Override" folder, so go into that and copy and paste it into the folder it should be. ;)

Inyri
12-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey Inyri,

Thanks in advance,

Ghost DownI'm sorry, I'm not real great at reading... whatever language that is. Sounds like the gist of it is "omg I can't make a backup of this file, CRY!" which isn't as bad as it sounds. :p

It should have installed the file, but failed to make a backup for it (if you desperately need one you should be able to pull it off of your install discs, although the modified localization.mod should have no ill effects on your game even should you uninstall the mod). If for some reason localization.mod *didn't* get installed, you'll know right away when Kay doesn't have any lip synching. Localization.mod can be manually installed if need be -- just put it in the lips folder (make a backup copy of the original localization.mod if you like, just for safe keeping).

And Zionosis, I totally don't remember you telling me that. :confused:

Ghost Down
12-28-2007, 07:05 AM
@Zionosis & Inyri;

Thanks, I'll see if I can get it to work.. And Inyri, the language is Dutch ;)

Wedge Suron
12-28-2007, 09:22 AM
It's in english as well.

Marius Fett
12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Just started playing...

Awsome so far!

You have a sexy voice :p lol

greggomonkey
12-28-2007, 11:04 AM
good job looks like alot of work went into this ill get it right now

:racer:

Miltiades
12-28-2007, 01:38 PM
It replaces Juhani with a new partymember and has full voiced dialog? Downloading right now! :)

Hawkstrong16
12-28-2007, 02:17 PM
This looks awesome!
I'm downloading now so that as soon as I get my copy of Kotor working on this computer I can play!

This looks great InyriForge
I'm always looking for someone to get rid of the evil cat woman.

Jedi.Maverick
12-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Not to be rude, just a curiosity, does it ruin the balance intended for the game?

Inyri
12-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I don't think so. I didn't make her superwoman or anything like that.

Ghost Down
12-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Hey, it's me again.

I tried what both of you said, but I just can't get the mod to install properly.
So would it instead be possible to upload a version without the installer if it is not to much work, Inyri?

Wedge Suron
12-29-2007, 05:33 AM
Yeah just put the files in the Module, Overide and any other one needed

Master Zionosis
12-29-2007, 05:44 AM
{Snip} Removed response to deleted off-topic post. -RH

And Zionosis, I totally don't remember you telling me that.

Yeah, I'm sure I did, it was a while ago, but I could have sworn I told you, hmm...

Ghost Down
12-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah just put the files in the Module, Overide and any other one needed
And how do I know which file(s) goes into which folder(s)?

Wedge Suron
12-29-2007, 12:48 PM
{Snip} Please do not post off-topic in threads. -RH

Ghost. That was to inyri.

Inyri
12-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Please don't give installation support. You can not simply manually install the mod, as is. Several people have made mention that the installer isn't working for them (for whatever reason -- no one seems willing to give me details so as a result there's nothing I can do). I will put together a manual install of it (which I will post up on my site's forums, so please look for it there and not here), but it will not have nearly the compatibility as the installer version will. You'll need to install it in a clean override and ad in your other mods from there. Of course that's what I would recommend even to those using the patcher...

Yeah, I'm sure I did, it was a while ago, but I could have sworn I told you, hmm...In that case I'm sure you did. The fact that I don't remember you telling me doesn't necessarily mean anything. My mind's a slippery thing. :p

Jawaluv
12-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Brought over from the other closed thread...
Hi,
Downloaded Kay and it is beautiful, but just wondering. I picked her up on Tatooine and killed the Chief. I went straight to Komad and after the first statement (no matter what I picked) all I get is the "Shh...footfalls..." reply from him. No banthas will spawn, he won't say anything else, and naturally.... I'm stuck.

I've never seen this before from Komad (I have the fodder, etc.) until I downloaded Kay. Is this a bug from the mod?

Thanks.

It's a possibility. I had some problems with that dialogue earlier. However I've heard from some people that finished the mod already and they did not report any similar errors. Had you ever talked to Komad before that part of the game? (If you want a temporary bug fix, just delete the dialogue file from your override folder).

Deleted the dialogue and zipped right on through. Much thanks. :)

Inyri
12-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I would still appreciate that info I asked for -- I'd rather fix it than just tell people to delete the dialogue.

Jawaluv
12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Sorry, I hadn't stopped into the hunters club, and was doing a darkside approach to the game.

Also, after whacking Freyyar and going to see Chundaar, he's not wanting to give Zaalbar back. He takes the blade, gives me a reward, and lets me repeat my requests, but now bladeless.

Much thanks.

Ghost Down
12-31-2007, 09:36 AM
Weird, I tried to install the mod again and now it just installs fine..

DarthSomething
12-31-2007, 10:45 AM
I see the red robe, but what do her standard clothing/underwear textures look like?

In any case, very nicely done. Time to kill Juhani now. :dev10:

Darth Payne
12-31-2007, 12:21 PM
I've encountered something odd.

Kay's lightsaber seems to have replaced Master Quatras blue lightsaber.

The icon for the saber is the same, as is the icon for the saber crystal.

However, when i go to a workbench to upgrade said saber, the saber hilt and blede i see is that of Kays saber.

I haven't tried equipping the saber yet, just thought i should tell you baout this little oddity.

Edit: Just noticed that the Tatooine Starmap quest is still on the quest menu after i've collected the map coordinates as the datapad with the coordinates is in the quest item menu.

Inyri
12-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Kay's lightsaber seems to have replaced Master Quatras blue lightsaber.Is that some kind of mod?Just noticed that the Tatooine Starmap quest is still on the quest menu after i've collected the map coordinates as the datapad with the coordinates is in the quest item menu.I don't think that would have anything to do with anything I would have done, tbh.

Darth Payne
12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
Master Quatras Lightsaber is from Wotor.

Inyri
12-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Then they're probably not compatible. Don't include bug reports if you don't intend to include the necessary information.

In any case, Kay's lightsaber uses model number 238 and WotOR's Quatre's saber uses model number 207 -- they should not be incompatible unless you've changed something. Kay should be fully compatible with WotOR -- Shem and I made certain before it was uploaded.

BrollytheMighty
01-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Inyri, I just have one quick question. I installed this mod, but my journal seems to have one blank entry that won't go away. I assume it has to do with this mod because every time a new journal entry was added after something happened while tackling this quest, the empty entry has the purple border around that signifies something new was added to it. I was also wondering if anything else happens in this quest after you talk with Lynara while Kay is in your party.

Inyri
01-04-2008, 03:10 AM
No one else has reported any problems with the journal. Were you using a mod that already had a journal entry?

As for Lynara, if you received the rewards for the quest, it's done. There are still more journal entries, though, as the journal is not tied to the side-quest, but to Kay herself. And she still has more to talk about. :)

BrollytheMighty
01-05-2008, 12:02 AM
well, know I wasn't, but the journal entry is just about kay and now that I have the items the quest is complete right? if that's true then I'm not really worried about it. It is just a minor annoyance.

BrollytheMighty
01-06-2008, 03:50 AM
inyri, is your mod compatible with Allronix's dialogue pack and Master Kavar's Bastila and Female Revan mod? I ask because your mod use unk44_evilbast.dlg from Allronix's dialogue pack and dan14_cutscene.dlg from Master Kavar's Bastila and Female Revan mod. I have one last actually, is the global.jrl what monitors the journal entries?

Inyri
01-06-2008, 04:08 AM
In its full form? Probably not. I've used Allronix's mod, but I'm not familiar with Master Kavar's. However if the dialogues in conflict are not one of the ones I noted in the read-me as being required, they are not crucial for my mod to function so you can go ahead and overwrite them. You only risk hearing Juhani's voice in those dialogues instead of Kay's. Solution: don't bring Kay with at those times. :p

BrollytheMighty
01-06-2008, 04:30 AM
i am guessing the unk44_evilbast.dlg is the dialogue from dark side bastila on rakatan temple, but I have no idea which cutscene dan14_cutscene.dlg refers to.
edit: your mod's installer just skipped the *.dlg files that were already present in my override folder. will that have the same effect as overwriting yours with alronix's and master kavar's *.dlg files?

Inyri
01-06-2008, 02:03 PM
edit: your mod's installer just skipped the *.dlg files that were already present in my override folder. will that have the same effect as overwriting yours with alronix's and master kavar's *.dlg files?Basically. I didn't set them to overwrite with this kind of circumstance in mind. If you already had those mods installed, then my mod will not have overwritten any dialogues you previously had except the few that are set to overwrite.

BrollytheMighty
01-06-2008, 03:44 PM
okay then, thank you very much inyri. btw, this is an excellent mod. One of the better ones I have played in a long time.

Sinapus
01-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I noticed something odd with the resolution of the Kashyyyk feud. The dialogue between the Wookies comes up, I side with Freyyr and the dialogue ends, I get LS points and... no combat beings. Speak to Chuundar again and the cycle repeats but no combat. Trying to cut and paste the kas23_chuunda_01.dlg out of my override to see if it changes anything... and combat begins normally when that file is removed.

Inyri
01-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah someone already mentioned that particular dialogue is bugged. If you know which one it is, just delete it for the time being. I'll be working on fixing it.

BrollytheMighty
01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
actually, that one is bugged for me too, but I got it to work w/o deleting the dialogue file by reloading my save a couple of times. I also chose the absolute light side option of "Can't we solve this w/o any bloodshed?".

Jack of Tears
01-09-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm having a similar problem on the Leviathan ... after I defeat Malak for the second time the scene jumps to the Dialogue between Carth, Bastilla, and Myself just before we're taken aboard the ship - discussing Saul and deciding whom to have rescue us. When that conversation ends (for this second time) I am left standing next to a non responsive Malak with nothing to do.

Not sure what I need to do to fix this, some help would be appreciated.

Jack of Tears
01-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Well, I found a way around it - I removed the "lev40_carth.dlg" file before the second duel and once I finished the second pass with Malak the scene continued as it was supposed to, with Bastilla running in to save the day.

Removing the file did make movement difficult and I had to navigate around by clicking on door controls - since mouse movement became inopperable - but I got there. After the scene with Bastilla and Malak I had to put the file back, otherwise the game would crash while escaping on the Ebon Hawk.

I hope that helps anyone who comes here with the problem in the future.

Inyri
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
If you had read the read-me you wouldn't have had to figure that out yourself.

Jack of Tears
01-09-2008, 06:48 PM
::laughs:: You make it sound so obvious. Problem is, I'm not much of a computer person, so when I see talk about removing, replacing and changing files I flatline. Thus, I read the "read me" right up to that point and next thing I know I'm waking up in Tiajuana with a harry man and a bottle of tequilla in the last two places I want them.

rearviewmirror
01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh man this is gonna be wierd with her looking like my PC. Very wierd. My only reservation is that it's been awhile since my last play-through. After Dantooine, is there any Juhani plots that I might miss? Which ones?
good looking mod.

Inyri
01-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Well seeing as how Juhani won't be in your party, you'll miss all her relevant plots as a party member.

DarthSomething
01-11-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm having a problem on the Endar Spire. The Sith Troops that need to be killed before I can get to the escape pods are neutral/friendly. So I can't fight them, and I can't open the door.

Marius Fett
01-11-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm having a problem on the Endar Spire. The Sith Troops that need to be killed before I can get to the escape pods are neutral/friendly. So I can't fight them, and I can't open the door.

Get the Force Electrocution Mod (I think thats what its called), it allows you o kill anyone. I'll try digging up a link.

And if the door still wont open set your security at 99 then use security on it, should work. :)

BTW what does this have to do with Kay?

Inyri
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
BTW what does this have to do with Kay?I can't see how it would be. Nothing is altered that would cause such an issue, nor have any of the other 1000+ downloaders reported anything similar.

DarthSomething
01-11-2008, 09:57 PM
It was something different it appears. Not a problem now.

Sinapus
01-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah someone already mentioned that particular dialogue is bugged. If you know which one it is, just delete it for the time being. I'll be working on fixing it.

Okay, I thought there might be differences since the previous person noted a problem with a DS type of dialogue and mine was LS.

Either way, this mod is excellent.

BrollytheMighty
01-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Inyriforge, I found another problem with your mod. If you put the bugfix file in your override folder before you are at the point where you face Malak on the Leviathan, then it fire the script that has Bastila saying "This isn't over Malak." Therefore, you cannot go any further. I like your mod a lot, but if it is a bugfix, then it shouldn't introduce another problem just to fix one.

Inyri
01-13-2008, 10:42 PM
There are no scripts involved. The dialogue you're speaking of is is just a copy of the original game dialogue file. If you're having a problem it's likely not caused by my mod.

Hando
01-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Would this mod have some kind of problem with DeathDisco's Recruit Rojem A'Sai mod since Kay and Rojem would both help you fight the dark Jedi on Tatooine? Does the dialog with Kay start immediately after the fight?

Inyri
01-16-2008, 07:32 PM
You'll have to manually talk to Kay, and she won't help you with the Dark Jedi unless you take a while to kill them.

BrollytheMighty
01-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I noticed that on my most current playthrough. I was using a hardcore mod and it made the dark Jedi pretty difficult. The battle took long enough that Kay came over and started fighting as well.

Inyri
01-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Well I'm relatively certain I set it so she can't die... :p

Talyn82
01-19-2008, 03:24 PM
Just downloaded this mod after the watching trailer. Great work and thanks for all your hard work. :clap2:

DarthSomething
01-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Inyriforge, I found another problem with your mod. If you put the bugfix file in your override folder before you are at the point where you face Malak on the Leviathan, then it fire the script that has Bastila saying "This isn't over Malak." Therefore, you cannot go any further. I like your mod a lot, but if it is a bugfix, then it shouldn't introduce another problem just to fix one.

I've had the same problem.

DarthSomething
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Okay, new problem. When I crash land on Rakata Prime, the dialogue scene (where they talk about the temple, the disruptor field, and finding parts to repair the Hawk doesn't trigger. I'm in the main hold, all the party is gathered, but no one says anything.

Beastamon
01-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Your mod is super-excellent Inyri :worship:

GeorgNihilus
01-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I noticed something odd with the resolution of the Kashyyyk feud. The dialogue between the Wookies comes up, I side with Freyyr and the dialogue ends, I get LS points and... no combat beings. Speak to Chuundar again and the cycle repeats but no combat. Trying to cut and paste the kas23_chuunda_01.dlg out of my override to see if it changes anything... and combat begins normally when that file is removed.

I had same bug, problem is kas23_chuunda_01.dlg dialog is missing a branch, the one that triggers the fight with Chuundar and the Czerka thugs, I'm gonna report this soon to Inyri if she doesn't already know ... you can extract the dialog through KotorTool and edit it by yourself if you know how :) Just fix the dialog and enter the scene again.

good luck :thumbsup:

Inyri
01-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Just deleting it is easier until I put out the patch. I've been told about that particular one several times and I have it listed in my 'known bugs list' on my forums.

Darth Payne
01-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Inyri, quick question.

Would deleting the saber and saber crystal from your mod make a problem?

This is in relation to my previous question about Kay's saber overwriting another saber after i get it from Lynara.

Also i've noticed that the volume level on the convos differ from the rest of the game.

Inyri
01-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Do it and find out. I've got enough to worry about without doing tech support for other people's mods.

Darth Payne
01-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, i just ran into something odd on Kashyyk.

I have Kay and Bastila in my party, i've just had the first meeting with chuundar and am heading towards the lift to the shadowlands when i run into, a second Kay?

When i clikk on the new kay i get the message to take Juhani out of the party and clikk on kay again if i want to replace juhani with Kay.

This message is odd to me since i killed juhani on dantooine and belaya on korriban.

Inyri
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I've not encountered that myself nor have I received any other reports of that happening.

Darth Payne
01-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I'll find out what happens when i do two things and i'll edit this post after.

1: Adding the 'new' Kay to my team.
Edit: Well, just added the 'new' Kay to the team. Her convo was exactly the same as on Tatooine.

2: Not adding the 'new' Kay to my team.

Edit: Don't know if this has anything to do with the mod, but in two different saves i found this when i tred to use the KSE to look at the quest list.

I click on it and the KSE stops working and shuts down.

http://s275.photobucket.com/albums/jj306/Danyael27/?action=view&current=BigProblem.jpg

Biges
01-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Hi! Great mod, thanks!
Only a small ask for help. A blank quest entry appeared in my quest log and I think it may be related to the Kay Mod, I think it appeared after I talked with Kay for a few times (although I think the main Kay quest is not started yet). I deleted in KSE all visible quest entries, but this one remains. Is there a way how to find which is the entry related to?
Thanks

Inyri
01-25-2008, 02:43 AM
I can imagine that might happen if you aren't using my journal file. Did you choose not to when you installed?

Biges
01-25-2008, 09:33 AM
I can imagine that might happen if you aren't using my journal file. Did you choose not to when you installed?

I run TSLPatcher.exe and it installed without errors. What is the journal file? Global.jrl?
Good point! I checked some lines in your journal and it that in my Override folder and they are missing. I should correct it.
Damned! I used JRLMerger.exe before to merge changes done by various mods (including your) and these from RedHawke's mods. But it I made something wrong... so again... and I have more complete journal! :)
The quest entry is no longer blank it is named "Tag-Along", which is an improvement :) But it has no description. I hope it updates once the Kay's quest moves forward.
Thanks for your help, InyriForge!

Inyri
01-25-2008, 06:14 PM
You don't like the journal name? :p

Totenkopf
01-26-2008, 05:33 AM
Well, I noticed something on my second (proper, ie no warping around) playthrough with your mod. When I encounter the Duros on Tatooine re Bastila's mom, he sends me to the cantina.......but NO mom. Also got the blank journal entry for Tag-along in this current game. However, though I don't recall getting a "..replace w/this file" mssg, I imagine there must be a file conflict w/one of the other mods I installed since the first time. Overall, a nice addition (though the snd is a little uneven....a problem I've noticed with one or two other mods that included voice overs). Nice touch with the twilek master at the academy. Makes the enclave a little less lifeless/sterile.

Inyri
01-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I've heard of there being a bug with Helena sometimes (unrelated to my mod). There are fixes released I think to correct the problem.

Biges
01-28-2008, 01:08 PM
You don't like the journal name? :p

No problem with that ;)

Totenkopf
01-28-2008, 03:56 PM
I've heard of there being a bug with Helena sometimes (unrelated to my mod). There are fixes released I think to correct the problem.

Would you happen to know where I could find them? thanks.

Inyri
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Not offhand no, sorry.No problem with thatI can change it in the next patch if people care. :p

Biges
01-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Not offhand no, sorry.I can change it in the next patch if people care. :p

Why would you do so? The only change I'd do would be to change Kay's class. So she is not the same sentinel as stupid Bastila. But I really don't care much, because it will be a long time, before I play KOTOR again (after I finish this game) :) .

Inyri
01-29-2008, 10:41 AM
Well as far as I'm aware people state that one of the only Jedi folks ever use in their party is Bastila because the rest are 'weak' or somesuch. So it seemed ideal to emulate what people already like to make the character more appealing to use. :p

Biges
01-29-2008, 03:14 PM
So Kay finally started to speak about her sister.
But still no chat with these new jedies in the Enclave. I wonder if I can mess up something, if I finish Kashyyyk before Kay feels fit to start her quest :-/

Inyri
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
If she just talked about her sister then you have one more dialogue tier to go through before the quest will start. Once she talks the next time make sure to head back to Dantooine. You need to do the quest before you go to the Leviathan if you want to get the XP/rewards.

Just making a quick note that the v1.01 patch was just released. Check the first post for a link.

Arátoeldar
01-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Thank you IF for the update.

logan essex
01-30-2008, 12:10 AM
is it safe to install the update if i'm in the middle of a game already?

Inyri
01-30-2008, 01:41 AM
It only adds content, it doesn't remove any. So it should be.

DeadYorick
01-30-2008, 01:47 AM
Recruitable Kay was actually a fun mod to play. It was very easy to initiate and she was an okay Jedi character. The only Pet Peeve I have with Kay is that she doesn't seem very special as a character. She seems just like a typical jedi character and doesn't deliver anything special to the group. But I like how this was practically one of the only voiced recruitment mods.

So good job all around InyriForge. I have been a fan of your Jk mods and now am a fan of your Kotor mods

Darth_Rynthias
01-30-2008, 10:28 AM
or some reason i dont know why dialog "tat17_10czerk_01.dlg" included in this patch not working 4 me...
it seem that protocol officer cannot answer the question about "i want to ask about hunting license", "i want to ask about czerka corp" and "anything out of ordinary happening?"...
then i compared inyri's "tat17_10czerk_01.dlg" with the unaltered one and i found that the answer for those questions was missing...
can you solve this?

DarthSeverus
02-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Had the same problem where the Czerka officer on Tatooine wouldn't talk about the hunting lincense (with everytime I clicked on 'and how do I get a hunting linense' conversation optinion the consvation just ended). However I just temporalily removed that file from my override and then talked to her, and conversation worked again, and I got the hunting lincense, and then put it back afterwards, so that will be a temporary solution to the problem for any who encounter it (until it gets fixed through a patch or some such), otherwise great mod Inryi thanks for all your hard work

murdrax
02-05-2008, 11:44 PM
i was wondering if you could do an optional compatabilty patch for you mod so 2 work nicely togehter for people like me who wants both installed together!!

reason im asking is brothers uses a global.jrl themselves and since you install doesnt patch it i can fully install you mod with brothers installed!!

Inyri
02-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I've gotten several reports that Kay and BoS work perfectly fine together. As a result no compatibility patch is needed. If you want both journal files use the JRL merger.

Gargoyle King
02-06-2008, 12:08 PM
I've gotten several reports that Kay and BoS work perfectly fine together. As a result no compatibility patch is needed. If you want both journal files use the JRL merger.Yep, works fine for me! I just love running around as my female Sith Lord with Kay & Matilda; 2 of the greatest recruits ever made IMHO, so good work guys.

Biges
02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Had the same problem where the Czerka officer on Tatooine wouldn't talk about the hunting lincense (with everytime I clicked on 'and how do I get a hunting linense' conversation optinion the consvation just ended). However I just temporalily removed that file from my override and then talked to her, and conversation worked again, and I got the hunting lincense, and then put it back afterwards, so that will be a temporary solution to the problem for any who encounter it (until it gets fixed through a patch or some such), otherwise great mod Inryi thanks for all your hard work

I encouted likely problems through the game and the solution was also always the same - to temporary remove a dialog file. It is annying never the less.

logan essex
02-08-2008, 10:13 PM
hullo and great job!
i have a problem
when kay wants to talk to her master, i went to dantooine, but ,when trying to talk to kay's master, i get this
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6577/untdur9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Inyri
02-08-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm 100% certain I fixed that. No one else has reported a similar error yet.

logan essex
02-08-2008, 10:52 PM
i an the latest patch again, and still have the same problem
just a shot in the dark, should i have something to finish up on tatooine before i talk to the master?
if not, any suggestions about what i can do?

Inyri
02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
You had that problem before the patch?

logan essex
02-08-2008, 11:17 PM
no, i just ran the patch again to be overly sure

i talked to her before i left dantooine the first time.
do you think that caused my problem?

Sinapus
02-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Actually, I got that error logan reported. Post patch. Made sure I didn't talk to the Jedi Master unless the quest says to do so and so far it hasn't come back yet.

(Sorry, was not feeling well past week and haven't posted anything until now.)

Darth_Eradycus
02-09-2008, 11:31 AM
I've gotten this problem, too. But it worked after I talked to the Jedi at the landing pad
(the one who gives Kay the message from her sister). Is there a script that only fires when this condition is met? BTW, love the mod!!
Edit: I also had a problem on another play thru where the master's dialogue choice didn't include the holocron option until I talked to her 3 or 4 times... wierd.

Inyri
02-09-2008, 03:40 PM
I'll look into it.

rictus135
03-08-2008, 03:08 AM
I'm going to reinstall Kotor for this!

The only thing I would change (Not because it needs it but because its an idea I liked and asked for a long time ago) is this:

Recruiting the jedi on the endar spire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see a mod that allows you to recruit the jedi on the endar spire. I could make a simple one, but it would be better if:

1. The jedi collapses after fighting Dark jedi
2. Gets up after you kill sith, then you recruit her by giving her a medpack
3. She is still weak (and can't be healed), so she follows you at a distance avoiding fights until Taris
4. she interacts in the trask/bandon cutscene, says she is to weak to fight so off trask goes to save both your lives (a jedi's life being more important than his after all, and him being such a sweetie-pie)

Then add to this she is too injured to help you on Taris, and is unconsious on a bed, is healed while you train on Dantooine and is then despatched to Tatooine. This way she could be in it from the start. Even before Carth!

But thats just me being selfish. ;)

Inyri
03-08-2008, 03:12 AM
Unfortunately that does not fit the character's backstory. However you're more than welcome to make your own mod creating such a character. ;)

rictus135
03-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Unfortunately that does not fit the character's backstory. However you're more than welcome to make your own mod creating such a character. ;)

I WISH. I know when I am out of my league.

The Padawannabe
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I did all of the discussions to where she wants to go see her master, when I try to talk to the master it gives me an error. Did I miss any events I should have triggered first? If not, then what's wrong?

darkmessiah33
08-14-2008, 12:30 AM
What is the name of the file I delete to get pass the Komad error in the mod.

Inyri
08-14-2008, 08:54 AM
tat18_11komad_01.dlg -- this bug should, however, be fixed in one of the patches.

Arkuden
09-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Hey, I downloaded the mod and it's patch, then I played through to Tatooine, and Kay did not show up, how can I fix this?

Inyri
09-23-2008, 11:12 PM
As per my PM, that's not nearly enough information to be able to help you.

Arkuden
09-24-2008, 01:10 PM
Ok, I have a more precise question, would the mod for Jabba's Palace mess with this mod?

Edit: Never mind, I rearranged some files and re-downloaded this mod, and what ever I did it got it working ^_^ Great mod by the way, Kay is a much better character than Juhani =D

Rick Shan
10-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Do skip mods mess with the mod? I have a mod that allows you to skip endar-spire and begin the game as a Jedi.
When i get to tatooine and i 1st see those dark jedi guys i killed them but kay doens't appear, but the Mando appears in the left corner of the gate to desert, and when i talk to him it isnt really chat its more that bubble thing that you get with regular npc's.

I didn't killed Juhani by the way.

Inyri
10-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I have no idea if your skip mod would conflict with mine; I never use mods to skip important segments of the game.

Rick Shan
10-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Well never mind i unistalled the skip mod and im gonna play the game all over again and try it out. Thx anyway for reply.

EDIT

Its working now, its a great mod well done!

CaptainLivewire
10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
In another update you should make it where she can replace different people or no one at all
maybe say T3-M4 somehow gets broke and he stays on your ship and cant go anywhere but you still get kay

Inyri
10-19-2008, 09:03 PM
It doesn't work that way. Kay replaces Juhani -- to make her replace T3M4 would require an entire reworking of the mod. Also it is impossible to have her replace no one -- she must replace one of the existing characters.

Divadnessej
12-07-2008, 09:30 PM
HELP
it says conversation error when i talk to kay's master when i bring her there.
i dont know what to do now
HELP

EDIT: i figured out you had to do the mandalorian quest first then she will talk to you but it is not necessary cause the quest ends up leading to it anyway.

Edit2: great, now the czerka person wont talk
and the quest is finished
BTW: great mod.

punisher914
01-02-2009, 04:10 PM
is this compatiable with bos

Marius Fett
01-02-2009, 04:32 PM
So long as you install BoSand fully update it BEFORE installing Kay, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting them to work. :)

GeorgNihilus
01-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Umm, what happens if i use the same face for my PC as Kay has?
My current PC could be Kay's twin.

That bothered a little to me too ... what I did is just change the PC head to a blonde caucasian instead of the brunette or brown hair; there wasn't a fully blonde caucasian if I recall right now :D

Now I don't have twin sisters :)

Awesome work as usual Inyri what can I say ... awesome ... :thmbup1:

LordMcGuffin
02-03-2009, 06:04 AM
HELP! I went through the ENTIRE grounds of Tattooine, The MAndo was at the gate, and I fought the dark jedi. but I never saw kay anywhere on tat, not in the czerka office, or the dune sea! HELP!

GeorgNihilus
02-05-2009, 10:07 PM
I went through the ENTIRE grounds of Tattooine, The MAndo was at the gate, and I fought the dark jedi. but I never saw kay anywhere on tat

The dialog that spawns (inserts) Kay in-game is tat17_darkjedi01.dlg. Check for that file in your override folder. Maybe you overwrite it later with same file of another mod. Check in the only spoken line "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you had escaped Taris ..." if script spawn_kay is fired there.

Kay should appear running to you when you fight the dark jedi.

hope that helps Guffin :)

LordMcGuffin
02-07-2009, 08:29 PM
The dialog that spawns (inserts) Kay in-game is tat17_darkjedi01.dlg. Check for that file in your override folder. Maybe you overwrite it later with same file of another mod. Check in the only spoken line "Lord Malak was most displeased when he learned you had escaped Taris ..." if script spawn_kay is fired there.

Kay should appear running to you when you fight the dark jedi.

hope that helps Guffin :)

I have both of those files in there and I started a new game but still nothin

GeorgNihilus
02-07-2009, 11:36 PM
There must be also an n_kay.utc file in Override, and edit the dialog to see if spawn_kay.ncs script is in the "Script that fires when spoken" field in the aformentioned dialog line. You need KotorTool or a dialog editor :) ...

LordMcGuffin
02-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Well I found my problem :/

After I used TSL patcher. I would drag-drop everything from the folders in the Recruit Kay folder, to the ovverride folders. WHICH ALSO meant I was dragging the data from "backup" into there... which screwed it up...

<--Moron...

ty 4 trying 2 help :D

Edit: Well... now there's a new problem... I ran the tsl installer. then dragged the .nss files from Source into ovveride and ran the game. I started a new game and got to Tattooine. fought the dark jedi and kay's name came out... with kay's gravity field and being with it... but no ksay. and when I clicked to talk the game crashed...

I think source is my problem....

Lord of Destruction
02-11-2009, 06:03 PM
hey Inyri. i did your mod, and when i talked to the master there was a screen above her hed saying wrong modules, and talk to the mod manager

LOD, I have deleted your repeated spam and bump post. Sorry if you aren't getting a response but please refrain from double posting and 'bumping' threads around here, no more ok? Thanks. -RH

devilhacker
03-28-2009, 04:26 AM
great mod! now i can kill juhani whenever i want. is theres a way to have a romance with her? coz i like her more than bastilla now....

Metyll
03-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Good mod so far, but the only problem I have is that Kay's head is the bald Asian male head.

hagashi
04-29-2009, 01:03 AM
I too got the "This conversation node ends in either a end node or a continue node. Please contact a designer" message. However I've completed the mandalorian quest that solved the previous poster's problem about the subject and I'm still getting the same popup...any suggestions?

jedi7000nathan
05-16-2009, 07:43 PM
how do you get rid of her i want juhani back

GeorgNihilus
05-16-2009, 11:12 PM
how do you get rid of her i want juhani back

As far as I know there's no way to recruit Juhani once you have Kay in her slot after Tatooine, unless you script a function to insert her again :raise: ... somewhere.

Qui-Gon Glenn
05-17-2009, 12:00 AM
^^^ Yep.

Get rid of her by uninstalling the mod and using an earlier save, preferably one from right before you take down Davik on Taris.

jedi7000nathan
05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
never mind problem solved using DarthDac Warpband mod

MeThos_Valdroa
06-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm loving this mod so far. The only downside on this mod is imho that the volume is quite low (maybe that's an oversight on my part...).
Anyway, thanks for creating such a nice mod ^_^

pointblank941
08-17-2009, 08:29 PM
Is there something you have to do before kay's first dialogue tree starts? I leveled up using kse and she still doesn't offer any dialogue options other than "Do you know anything about this planet?" I used kse to get my pc to 20 when i first talked to her, but i used it to get me back down, is that where the glitch originates from?

Darth InSidious
08-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Inyri no longer visits this forum. You can contact her here (http://inyri.info), however.

Fluffybunny123
12-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Help? I have Kay and everything, but she doesn't have that custom gold lightsaber that the images show. Is it supposed to come w/ Kay, or is it another mod?

Edit: Also, where is the Mandolorian supposed to be on Tatooine?

Phildevil
12-20-2009, 02:59 AM
The Mando is just left when facing the inner part of the exit of Anchorhead.

Inyri
05-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Wanted to make note of an update release (it's old, but I just gave it a public release as of today). The following is a sound patch that updates almost all of the custom voiced dialogue with new, higher-quality versions.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Recruitable_Kay;114151

First post has also been updated.

Ovolf
12-30-2010, 04:44 AM
DL'd the mod the other day after buying K1 again (steam this time) I really enjoyed it, finished quest before Leviathan. However, I've encountered a problem that I never have before on K1.

I cannot get passed the Load Screen that comes right after destroying the fighters as you escape from the Leviathan. It freezes right when the load bar gets to the end. I've tried the following:

Did the "bug fix" of lev40 carth dlg thats included in the initial DL. (Swapped the files before the first fight, also tried between fights)

Disable Sound
Disabled Movies
Disabled AA/Etc
Lowered Screen Resolution (tried them all, even 640 x480)
Ran in compatibility for Win XP, (sp2, and sp3)
Disabled Visual Themes
set Affinity to 1 core (I've got a quad). even tried 2 core
I've disabled Auto Save too.

I'm not sure if my problem is tied to your mod (the only one installed) but when I played K1 a few years ago stock no mods, I never encountered this particular problem.

I've literally tried every fix I could find when it comes to K1 and crashes.

Any help?

GeorgNihilus
12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
DL'd the mod the other day after buying K1 again (steam this time) I really enjoyed it, finished quest before Leviathan. However, I've encountered a problem that I never have before on K1.

I cannot get passed the Load Screen that comes right after destroying the fighters as you escape from the Leviathan. It freezes right when the load bar gets to the end. I've tried the following:

Did the "bug fix" of lev40 carth dlg thats included in the initial DL. (Swapped the files before the first fight, also tried between fights)

Disable Sound
Disabled Movies
Disabled AA/Etc
Lowered Screen Resolution (tried them all, even 640 x480)
Ran in compatibility for Win XP, (sp2, and sp3)
Disabled Visual Themes
set Affinity to 1 core (I've got a quad). even tried 2 core
I've disabled Auto Save too.

I'm not sure if my problem is tied to your mod (the only one installed) but when I played K1 a few years ago stock no mods, I never encountered this particular problem.

I've literally tried every fix I could find when it comes to K1 and crashes.

Any help?
You played till Leviathan without crashes? when u finished game before u did it with another videocard/computer? changed videocard by chance from your last playthrough? :raise:

u running win7 or Vista? Vista is known to be problematic with Kotor/TSL, more than win7 as far as I know ... :)

Ovolf
12-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Actually yeah. I figure if I got that far into the game, it wouldn't be my computer.

Win7 64bit, Radeon 4870

Last time I played, I was Win XP, Nvidia 8800GT.

It was practically flawless gameplay untill the load screen after the escape from Leviathan.

Be nice if KOTOR gave a bug report, to know what exactly caused it to stop running. :|

Bonedragon Jedi
09-27-2012, 02:30 AM
For some reason, Kay's voice isn't working. The game is skipping over all her voiced lines and acting as if the mod is un-voiced. I've no idea why its doing this.

I've installed both the patch and the soundfix and still no change. the lipsync works perfectly, I just cant get the actual voice to work. instead of hearing anything, when I try to talk to Kay the game speeds through the dialogue until it gets to my responses again.

I've tried re-installing the mod as well and no change.

I am using the mac app store version of the game, would that have any bearing on this? My computer is a macbook pro late 2011 (as in december of 2011) with system 10.7.4.

hopefully this problem gets resolution...otherwise i'll be down a party member. (dead juhani!)

CptPriceless
09-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Mac version is the problem. Some parts are simply incompatible and require TSLPatcher (.exe file) to work. Unfortunately, Mac's can't run .exe's without external resources, and even then, it will most likely not work since the Mac package is slightly different from the WIndows

Bonedragon Jedi
09-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Mac version is the problem. Some parts are simply incompatible and require TSLPatcher (.exe file) to work. Unfortunately, Mac's can't run .exe's without external resources, and even then, it will most likely not work since the Mac package is slightly different from the WIndows

I'm using CrossOver games to run the TSLPatcher, but thanks for the heads up on it not working.

It looks like such fun, i'm wondering if the mod would still work even without any voice. most likely not however.

rumpuskillsthings
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM

Actually it's not. The problem is that the files are labelled as mp3 files (i.e. have an '.mp3' file extension) whereas they are actually Miles Sound Studio files (which uses a different compression ratio, and so on).

You can give a Miles Studio file an mp3 file extension - it's perfectly valid - but your audio player has to be ready to identify them as actually Miles format (which the audio player in the Mac version of KOTOR cannot - go figure).

Now for the funky part... it can recognise them and play them as Miles Studio files, if they have a '.wav' file-extension, instead (this is, incidentally, the reason why there are two entire copies of every sound file, for the original sound files in the game: they are actually exactly the same sound files, just with .wav and .mp3 file-extensions, respectively).

What this means, is that Mac users can just blanket-rename every one of the '.mp3' sound files in the Recruitable Kay mod, giving them '.wav' file extensions , instead, and they'll just play. Furthermore, because MasOS is Unix, you can do it from the command line, like this:

Go to your overrides folder. For OS X/Steam, for instance, this is:

cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/Common/swkotor/Knights\ of\ the\ Old\ Republic.app/Contents/KOTOR\ Data/Override/

Then just rename every mp3 to wav:

for i in */*.mp3; do r="${i%.mp3}".wav; if [ ! -f $r ]; then cp $i $r; fi; done

Kay now talks.