PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood of Shadow Error

SolidSnake160
01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
(Please move this to the proper forum, sorry, thought I was in the help section =| )

Whenever I go into the Korriban cantina, I do not see Drix the Rodian to start the sidequest. All I see is his name floating above where he is meant to be standing.

I load a saved game before I've ever gone to Korriban and it will not work.

I even tried the save game that was included but that didn't work either. Same error as before.

The mod installed fine for me and I am currently using the most recent patch.\

Help is greatly appreciated.

jonathan7
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums :)

Normally when you encouter a problem with a mod you post the problem in TUCE in its relevant thread (for BoS its http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2405085#post2405085). I'm sure one of the mods will merge this with that. With regards your problem, is it a saved game you have before you installed BoS? From the sound of it, I think you perhaps havent installed the Mod correctly if Silveredge's including save file isn't working....

SolidSnake160
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome.

You're probably right though. I've installed the mod countless times yet I do not see the Rodian in the cantina. I'm all out of ideas on what to do.

Yes, the save game is from before the mod was installed and before I ever first went to Korriban. I asked Silveredge9 about it and he said it should work fine. I emailed him about this problem too and he has yet to respond.

jonathan7
01-01-2008, 09:56 PM
How are you installing the mod? Most common mistake is people haven't read the readme. Also if you had any other mods I would suggest completed uninstalling KotOR deleting all the files that are left and reinstalling; the install BoS to try to avoid any conflicts (BoS is a really big mod, so it will tend to conflict with other mods). Give SS time to respond, it is the festive season ;)

SolidSnake160
01-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Used the TSL install program of course.

jonathan7
01-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Used the TSL install program of course.

Hehe, I was hoping you weren't going to say that ;) and no error messages come up when TSL patcher runs?

SolidSnake160
01-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Hehe, I was hoping you weren't going to say that ;) and no error messages come up when TSL patcher runs?

None at all. The first time I installed it I got 10 warnings about .mod files in the "lips" folder already existing so it skipped those. I deleted those files in there the next time after it didn't work so I installed it again and it gave me no warnings but it still didn't work. :( I want to play this mod so badly.

jonathan7
01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
None at all. The first time I installed it I got 10 warnings about .mod files in the "lips" folder already existing so it skipped those. I deleted those files in there the next time after it didn't work so I installed it again and it gave me no warnings but it still didn't work. :( I want to play this mod so badly.

I'm affraid its beyond me then; I'm sure SS or one of the veteran modders will be able to solve the problem tho :)

SolidSnake160
01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I'm affraid its beyond me then; I'm sure SS or one of the veteran modders will be able to solve the problem tho :)

I hope so. Thanks for the help though. :)

SolidSnake160
01-01-2008, 10:50 PM
I deleted the existing appearance.2da and the Rodian appears... but Canderous is a damn Twilek wearing a Sith uniform... could this be because Canderous was wearing custom armor I put on his character?

Qui-Gon Glenn
01-02-2008, 01:21 AM
The game depends on static locations in those 2da's. Sometimes several mods use the same slot number in a 2da. Without the patcher, the game will not be able to call on the 2da correctly - it seeks out and changes the pertinent calls to their correct (new) location.

You will need to mostlikely dump your override and start over.

SolidSnake160
01-02-2008, 03:39 AM
Well. I got the mod working by replacing the .2da file. Another problem has risen. When I spawn in the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine I am unable to do anything. All I can do is walk around. I cannot talk to any of the Jedi Masters (Who look all corrupt with the dark side) and I cannot use the training console or workbench nor can I leave the room. Any help?

RedHawke
01-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Unfortunately SolidSnake160, there is nowhere to move this, and if I merge it with the mods release thread it will just make things cofusing.

So I must lock this thread... Please post about your issues in the mods release thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182469). Thanks.