PDA

View Full Version : Two npcs fight during converstion

sekan
01-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Hi,

I'm now trying to create a converstion where two npcs fight and talk during the fight like matilda and bastila in brotherhood of shadow. I'm using the script that the brortherhood of shadow used:

#include "k_inc_generic"
void main(){

object oNPC2 = GetObjectByTag("dan13_tareelok");

object oNPC3 = GetObjectByTag("dan13_garrrum");

ChangeToStandardFaction(GetObjectByTag ("dan13_tareelok"), 2);
ChangeToStandardFaction(GetObjectByTag ("dan13_garrum"), 4);

AssignCommand(oNPC2, GN_DetermineCombatRound());
AssignCommand(oNPC3, GN_DetermineCombatRound());
}

The script have no problem but in the game the converstion ends when they start fighting. What can be the problem?

I also need a script that removes the weapon from to both npcs

Edit: Uploaded the dialog file bcz it could be a mistake i made in the dialog.

Dialog file (http://www.speedyshare.com/844243112.html)

DarthJebus05
01-12-2008, 12:51 PM
You see, the script activates after that particular line you scripted it onto has been spoken. Try using the line before it.

sekan
01-13-2008, 09:11 AM
You see, the script activates after that particular line you scripted it onto has been spoken. Try using the line before it.

Just want a qucik answer if i have understood what you writed ( I'm not good in understanding P.S ask my teachers :lol: ) You want me to move the script higher up in the converstion?

Marius Fett
01-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Theres a tutorial on how to do a talk-fight sequence in the scripting forum.

DarthJebus05
01-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Just want a qucik answer if i have understood what you writed ( I'm not good in understanding P.S ask my teachers :lol: ) You want me to move the script higher up in the converstion?

Exactly.

sekan
01-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Theres a tutorial on how to do a talk-fight sequence in the scripting forum.

It's not in scripting forum it's in General Tutorials + Tools. But thanks i must missed it. Will check it out right away :)

Exactly.

Tried but it won't work :(

Edit: The turitiol seems to help people who want to make a dialog that makes 2 npcs fight but don't talk while fighting and then after the fighting talk ( if i got it right ) So if I'm right the turitoal won't help :(