PDA

View Full Version : Holowan's ingame (Everyone please view)

DarthJebus05
01-09-2008, 01:57 AM
It's been asked before in another thread, so I was thinking of adding a bonus area to my new area, which will be in my mod: Revans Choice, and putting Holowan members and modders into that area. OR spread the players out among the planets, the Endar Spire, the Leviathan and the Star Forge (and possibly the Ebon Hawk).

I will go through with this idea, since it's almost extremely simple to do (just a lot of time consuming). If you want to participate in having your character put ingame, post this (example):

Name (that you want ingame): Jebus
Character: Darth Malak
Location Desired: Dantooine - Crystal Cave

Now, you need to make and send your custom dialog to me at this email address: jamesmfoster(AT)bigpond(DOT)com

I can do your dialog for you, but what would be the fun in that? All in all. I think it seems like a great idea.

Tell me what ya think, and hope to see ya ingame :lol:

:EDIT:

Deadline for character applications:

30th January

Kalos
01-09-2008, 02:44 AM
Ooooh this'll be fun.

Name Kalos
Character: Rodian
Location Desired: Taris (In the Sith base in one of the force cages next to the Duros)

By the way, since my character would be an alien you could attach the rodian speech sounds to what he says. :D

I'll email you the dialog soon.

Seamhainn
01-09-2008, 02:45 AM
Hello!

I liked this idea the first time it came up! I only want to make one suggestion though: for the feel of the game I would consider it better if these people could be all found in just ONE area. But, of course it is your mod, and, of course you can do with it what you want.

Also I would announce a deadline for sending in the data.

Just my 2 credits though - no offence intended!

Take care

DarthJebus05
01-09-2008, 03:17 AM
No offence taken at all. I was open to ideas of where to place them. And you do state a good point. As for a deadline, I haven't gotten to the new area yet, but I should start doing that in around 1-2 weeks time. Possibly more. So I'll say 3 weeks to get the data in, it should give people who are on holidays enough time to post. I'll give an option for people to put their characters in random places and if others want theirs grouped with others, I shall put them in that room.

BTW Kalos, what planet was the Rodian on? I forget ;)

Kalos
01-09-2008, 03:48 AM
There are rodians all over!

Seamhainn
01-09-2008, 04:49 AM
As I am a sucker for modelling, can I give you a description how my character shall look like, or do you only use existing npcs?

Take care

DarthJebus05
01-09-2008, 05:45 AM
(Congrats on 200th post)

I was only going to do existing NPC's, but if you can find a moddler to model yours, I'll gladly put it in. I have no moddelling experience sorry.

Marius Fett
01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Can I be in?

I could make my own UTC too if you like?

Seamhainn
01-09-2008, 11:01 AM
@DarthDingDong: Can you make one for me, too :-) .

Thanks and take care

Marius Fett
01-09-2008, 11:09 AM
@DarthDingDong: Can you make one for me, too :-) .

Thanks and take care

You want a custom modelled one right?

I'm not making those.

I suck at modelling. :lol:

I'm going to use a regular ingame one.

If Jebus lets me that is...

jedi7000nathan
01-09-2008, 08:04 PM
name: jedi7000nathan
spieces: Xor

Darth Kalverys
01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Ooh... fun... but if you don't mind, I'd like to make my own UTC file like Darth Ding Dong... :)

:EDIT:

The reason for that is because I don't like to feel useless... :D

DarthJebus05
01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
If you want to make your own UTC file, go for it. Would save me the trouble :lol:

Also, anyone that has been on the Holowan forums at least once can be in it. There are no restrictions at all. If you get the dialog and UTC files in by the 30th on January, then you'll be fine.

Lordjedi
01-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Sounds like fun
Name: Lordjedi
Character: Darth Revan

Seamhainn
01-10-2008, 01:40 AM
As I am working on the restoration of the third Taris Black Vulkar level, I will not make the deadline. And, unfortunately, I have no Idea for a sophisticated dialogue (yet).

@DarthDingDong: No custom model, just a utc with existing files (as my pc usually runs around when I play the game).

Take care

DarthJebus05
01-10-2008, 02:09 AM
I can do the dialog for you, thats all thats needed. Only if DarthDingDong would do your .utc file for you of course.

Seamhainn
01-10-2008, 02:48 AM
I can do the dialogue, too, but it should be something funny and/or original. A custom .utc would be great.

I am looking forward to your mod!

Take cara

DarthJebus05
01-10-2008, 03:35 AM
Yeah, sure! I've been thinking, with school coming up pretty fast for us Aussies, I'd spend around 8 hours less a day than I usually would with modding, which I do some things. I don't spend all day modding, just a few things a day. Anyways, so I'm not sure when "Revans Choice" will be out, if it will take a few months, I'll just release the "Holowan's Ingame" mod first, but still add it in "Revans Choice".

Jedi.Maverick
01-10-2008, 05:52 AM
So if it is possible that I'm present...
Name: Eric Keyan
Character: Jedi caucasian male (the one with "long" hair)
Location Desired: Tatooine Cantina, close to the the bar

After all I'm a Jedi Maverick, and my portrait show (well was supposed to) the binary suns from the tatooine system.

Darth Kalverys
01-10-2008, 08:19 AM
I can do LordJedi's and Jedi.Maverick's .UTC file as well, if you transfer Seamhainn's Third level mod thingy... and if you want me too...

DarthJebus05
01-10-2008, 08:22 AM
The Vulkar Base restoration? Thats for a separate mod. Thanks anyway.

And if you want to do their UTC files, go ahead. Don't worry me :)

Darth Kalverys
01-10-2008, 08:27 AM
I know... but it might be a little time consuming... so I just thought I'd offer help... :xp: :)

DarthJebus05
01-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Ahh, sorry, my bad. Ya can ask Seam :)

Marius Fett
01-10-2008, 10:33 AM
What kind of appearance would you like?

Wanna be a Jedi?

Seamhainn
01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
Me? Yes!

Taak Farst
01-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I like the idea, it is a bit like my H labs idea. Can I have a character please?

Name: Admiral Wolf
Character: Republic officer skin

Please can you do my dialogue and stuff, if u dont want to then u dont have to, but if u do can my characters personality be like army based and strict sort of thing, if u get my drift

Ty :D

Marius Fett
01-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Me? Yes!

Will do :)

Thanatos9t
01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Name: Thanatos
Character: Darth Revan Cutscene, custom appearance (My Creation)
Screenshot: Link (http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9004/thanatosvo2.jpg)
Location Desired: Dantooine Jedi Enclave, either that or Korriban.

I'll email you the texture along with my dialogue, once I work out what I will say, (I don't know how to implement dialogue in Kotor, nor create a UTC file, so it will be in .txt format.)
(i.e:
Question:"What are you doing here?"
Response:"...")

xrefusex
01-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Name: Bobatron 5000
Type: HK (maybe a black reskin?)

Seamhainn
01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
I am pretty busy with the restoration, so thanks if one can make my utc:
g1_a_class80001 armor
po_pmhc4 portrait
P_MAL_C_LRG04 appearance
Double bladed light saber

Thanks so much!

Darth Kalverys
01-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Seamhainn... what about the name of your character?

DarthJebus05
01-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Wolv - I do get your drift ;) Of course I'll do your dialog for you, wont take long at all.

Thanatos9t - Yeah, to easy.

xrefusex - Since I've never textured anything, I'll give it a try, I've got photoshop, and theres a tutorial here on the Holowan boards.

Once I've got my first custom character into the game, which I'm hoping for it to be today, I shall start adding you guys in and testing it out.

Darth Kalverys
01-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey Jebus... I got mine, Seamhainn, Jedi.Maverick, and Lordjedi's UTC files, but not the dialogues yet... I don't know if some of them are making their own dialogues or not... but I don't have any dialogues yet, I'll send you the UTC files though and the dialogue when I get it done for my character, and anyone else who needs me to do the dialogue...

DarthJebus05
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Alright, thanks a bunch for that. They will be sending the dialog files to my email address, so if you want to send me the UTC files, that would be great.

Thanks again,

Jebus

Ferc Kast
01-10-2008, 09:29 PM
How long should our dialog be? I made a UTC of myself June or so...I might tweak it a bit, though.

DarthJebus05
01-10-2008, 10:03 PM
As long or short as you want.

Seamhainn
01-11-2008, 02:29 AM
Seamhainn... what about the name of your character?

Hm, let me think a little... Seam Hainn (thats the name of my pc during my first playthrough (and the name of all other playthroughs to be honest (I am not the kind of guy who leaves trodden paths))) :-)

I'll work on my dialogue, though I don't know when, as I am deep into brutally Vulkar fighting madness on Taris right now.

Thank you very much!

xrefusex
01-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Thanks man! I look forward to marvelling! :D

EGJason
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Hey I'd wanna be ingame!!

Name: Evil Genius Jason ( If it'll fit)

However as for the dialog and UTC I'm gonna need someone to do that for me as I just rebuilt my CPU and for some reason KOTOR TOOl isn't working so I have to diagnose that.....

Can you do my Dialog?? Somehting Evil , yet funny about dominating the universe please!!

The UTC I'll try to put together on a dif. comp
but otherwise I'll let you know !!!

Thanks,
EGJason

HK-52
01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Request: I want to be in game, please:
Name: HK-52
Character: A plate HK unit with blue eyes and this logo:
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9138/kamaellogoui9.gif (http://imageshack.us)

in the left
Dialog: he tell you the ligth side sequencies(there is a ligth side option to have the mandalorian weapon) and the exact poison to make him tell you where is his weapon
(sorry for my engish, is not my mother languaje)

Lordjedi
01-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Wait Can I change my apperence to PMHC01 with a Bandon Robe on?

Darth Kalverys
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Yeah... of course, I'll just have to resend the file into Jebus...

lordofmalachor
01-12-2008, 07:31 PM
sounds pretty awesome.
name: master goode
character: sith aprrentice head (you know, the bald one) with brown jedi master robes and green light saber
dialog: gives you 15 force points, teaches you force paralysis

DarthJebus05
01-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Hey I'd wanna be ingame!!

Name: Evil Genius Jason ( If it'll fit)

However as for the dialog and UTC I'm gonna need someone to do that for me as I just rebuilt my CPU and for some reason KOTOR TOOl isn't working so I have to diagnose that.....

Can you do my Dialog?? Somehting Evil , yet funny about dominating the universe please!!

The UTC I'll try to put together on a dif. comp
but otherwise I'll let you know !!!

Thanks,
EGJason

You must have Microsoft FrameWork installed for KOTOR Tool to work!

And Darth_Ankharas, I'm sorry, but I'm only trying out texturing, not adding logos. Sorry!

Lordjedi, You have till the 30th to get your files in :)

wilv
01-15-2008, 08:13 PM
is it too late to get in on this mod?

DarthJebus05
01-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Course not, the deadline is the 30th of January.

Darth Kalverys
01-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Lordjedi, I can't figure it out... :( so coming from me, no... but someone else might be able to do it.

Exile007
01-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Oooo sounds cool, too bad I don't have KOTOR 1. :P

Serathas
01-16-2008, 02:42 AM
Name (that you want ingame): Serathas
Character: rodian in bendak starkiller's armor (black armor with red stripes on it)
other: voice - rodian/alien
Location Desired: Taris upper city, just outside the cantina, though, after you have done your first duel
class: merchant/soldier

i cant fully make dialogues working with merchant scripts, but i can make dialogues, however, its easier if you just make one, it would simply be an opening for the store, and a goodbye script, if you could include a duel script for the npc, it would be awsome aswell, a talk-fight-heal?-talk, and without reaching under 1 hp, for the dialogues, this is a temporarely dialogue file:

npc:
[Hey, who are you?]

pc: im (name)

npc:[welcome, im serathas, this is my weapons/armor store, want to check it out?]

pc:sure (after that, it starts the merchant)

npc option:[want to duel? i heard you are recognized as the mysterious stranger in the arena]

pc:(yes or no)

npc: [let's get on with it]

(after the duel, you recive an armor like his, to use, and a gun of same style, if you win)

if you allow me after creating the npc, i would like to use it in an cantina addon + custom recruit mod i will make, he will replace canderous (if the name is spelled correctly), he don't do much, after all

DarthJebus05
01-16-2008, 03:07 AM
if you allow me after creating the npc, i would like to use it in an cantina addon + custom recruit mod i will make, he will replace canderous (if the name is spelled correctly), he don't do much, after all

Sure, only if you credit me though :)

Thanatos9t
01-16-2008, 09:58 AM
I've almost finished the skin for Thanatos, using the Revan Model:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9971/thanatos2mr4.th.jpg (http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9971/thanatos2mr4.jpg)

I have also done 50% of my Dialogue, it revolves around Thanatos being a Jedi that followed Revan to the Mandalorian Wars but was injured during them, he has spent the last few years healing and has now started following sightings of Malak and Revan.

Unlike the other Jedi he wasn't around for the fall of Revan to the darkside, so he was not converted to a dark jedi like the rest of them.

At the moment he's just a talking character like a party member but not recruitable, I may have him do something else if I can think of what he will do.

DarthJebus05
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
The Holowan's ingame wont be recruitable ;)

And nice reskin and very nice dialog plot.

Marius Fett
01-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Nice skin Thantos!

wilv
01-16-2008, 02:24 PM
I made a custom head and outfit I wanted to use if possible. Who should I send it to? I have no idea how to make a custom UTC or dialogue though.

Name: Overseer Wilv
Character: PMHC05 head, N_SithAppren body, custom appearance (My Creation)
Location Desired: Korriban excavation site (walking if possible).

DarthJebus05
01-16-2008, 08:23 PM
My email is on the original post ;) I'll make the necessary changes to the UTC and dialog file for you.

DarthJebus05
01-30-2008, 03:52 AM
You all have until I wake up, another 12 hours away to get your files in. Then the deadline is officially put into action.

Mindtwistah
01-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Cool, can I be in? :)

Name: Mindtwistah
Race: I'll send you an .utc with that
Location: Taris Upper City (Doesn't really matter which one of the two)
Dialog: I'll send my dialog to you along with scripts

Sithspecter
01-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Hey Jebus, I'm glad I saw this before it expired. Hmmmm. It might have already expired in Australia though... Well, if I'm in time here goes...

Name: Sithspecter
Race: I'll send you the .utc
Dialog: I'll send dialog+custom VO's

Darth Kalverys
01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
sithspecter... This was posted at 2:52 am central time...
You all have until I wake up, another 12 hours away to get your files in. Then the deadline is officially put into action.
it's 4:06 pm central time... deadline has passed...

DarthJebus05
01-31-2008, 02:47 AM
Lol, I'll extend the date till the weekend. Ain't starting the mod until then, since with school and home stuff.