PDA

View Full Version : New StarWars movie in the making!

neal8929
01-11-2008, 10:06 PM
HA!... not, no more movies, now we sit and watch as starwars dies of old age.

adamqd
01-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Star Wars will never Die, The films get better with age, The comics, games, Novels, Toys, T-shirts, Mug's, Posters, Pez Dispensers, and TV shows will keep me happy for sure...

JoeDoe 2.0
01-12-2008, 02:59 PM
You're brave posting Star Wars will die on a Star Wars forums, but like the forumite above me said, it will never die

urluckyday
01-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow...neal...you're just so cool...and all the more funny...now go back to your hole and don't speak again...

Serpentine Cougar
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Haha, I don't think so, the EU universe is still big enough for some more adventures. ;)

Though it seems like some fans thought it died when Episode 1 came out....

neal8929
01-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey! I really love starwars, ever since i was a little kid. Even now at age 18 i have a toy lightsaber in my room! But im just saying it will slowly die because of no more movies. But im sure die hard fans will still like it for years to come, i still like it, i just dont talk about it as much since the movies are done for, everything has been talked about already...

Rev7
01-13-2008, 01:07 PM
It is called a Legacy. :)

Fealiks
01-13-2008, 03:48 PM
actually there IS another star wars movie being planned... check out the George Lucas interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Phantom Knight
01-14-2008, 01:42 AM
Looks interesting Fealiks. I never pictured Star Wars being a musical.

adamqd
01-14-2008, 05:08 AM
^^^
Haven't you ever seen the Holiday Special? ;)

DeadYorick
01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Only idiot star wars fans would think it died out. Lucas stopped making movies for a reason. He thought that people would eventually get bored of them. So he stopped making movies so that it would stay forever as a legacy

Plus they make new star wars games every year. Since there are billions of video gamers around the world it will still be around

urluckyday
01-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Wait Neal...there's not 2 new Star Wars TV shows coming out...oh that's right...there are...I guess that means Star Wars is dead...wow...just wow.

RobQel-Droma
01-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Cool. After thirty years of still being popular, Star Wars is just going to bite the dust one day. Hmmm.....

Rev7
01-19-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm think that Star Wars might just get old, not die. Just a thought...

adamqd
01-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Star Wars is already Old, and George was influenced by something even older to make it, so age is irrelevant, as long as they keep releasing stuff, I'll be digesting it :)

RobQel-Droma
01-20-2008, 12:16 AM
There will always be Star Wars nerds to come and go nuts about all this stuff. I'm living proof.

urluckyday
01-20-2008, 12:18 AM
The very idea of star wars as a movie was meant to be timeless. The music, the story, etc. Just everything about it is built to outlast.

Nedak
01-20-2008, 03:42 PM
If there are still Star Trek fans there will still be Star Wars fans.

Plus new TV shows are coming out. You never know Lucas could make another movie some day. Also new video games.

adamqd
01-20-2008, 03:52 PM
I would never Put Star Trek in the Same sentence as Star Wars, But I get your meaning.

He says he'll never do another SW film but, the amount of Star Wars projects he's involved in now, I wouldn't be surprised if he slipped back in the Directors chair :)

SilvanElf
01-21-2008, 08:02 AM
He says he'll never do another SW film but, the amount of Star Wars projects he's involved in now, I wouldn't be surprised if he slipped back in the Directors chair :)

One thing, I hope it'll come up to par with the Originals. The prequels didn't, there were ok they just diddn't really follow the footsteps of greatness.

But I am looking forward to the new TV show thats coming in 09-10 and maybe the new 3-D Clone Wars could be pretty good.

urluckyday
01-24-2008, 05:35 PM
^Could be??? It definitely will be...

Sabretooth
01-25-2008, 09:57 AM
I believe Star Wars' legacy will eventually become parallel to that of Lord of the Rings. Something that's really hot for its time, and something that leaves a major impact on pop culture, entertainment and art from that point on. It will fade from public memory, but its legacy will remain. Star Wars brought lots of aesthetics that have been used since in games, movies and maybe books - that is its legacy.

I think it'd be pretty cool if we are all 60 years old and some hotshot director decides he wants to remake SW. Heh.

urluckyday
01-25-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't really think anyone understands how groundbreaking Star Wars was and still is. It's not going to ever really "fade" if people pass it on (which is almost certainly going to happen)...Lord of the Rings never had "LOTR-Con" did they? Star Wars is over 30 years old and people are still having extremely popular conventions...I mean, it's the most groundbreaking film ever, and it will forever live on...

Nedak
01-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Nah Lord of the Rings never had conventions since it was just a book, and the readers of LOTR just aren't those types of people. Both appeal to a different class of people; LOTR Fantasy-Monster-Loving people, SW Sci-Fi loving people.

Every science fiction thing seems to have a convention. You'll never see another convention for movies except for those of Science Fiction.

Lieutenant_kettch
01-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Nah Lord of the Rings never had conventions since it was just a book, and the readers of LOTR just aren't those types of people. Both appeal to a different class of people; LOTR Fantasy-Monster-Loving people, SW Sci-Fi loving people.

Every science fiction thing seems to have a convention. You'll never see another convention for movies except for those of Science Fiction.

i suggest thinking before speaking

http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Horror/Conventions/

Serpentine Cougar
01-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I think it'd be pretty cool if we are all 60 years old and some hotshot director decides he wants to remake SW. Heh.
That would be interesting to see, but probably (though not necessarily) disappointing.

Nedak
01-30-2008, 06:14 PM
i suggest thinking before speaking

http://dir.yahoo.com/Entertainment/Genres/Horror/Conventions/

Alright horror conventions. And we all know about Medieval conventions. My point was of Lord of the Rings.

Science Fiction conventions seem to be a bigger attraction as well. Or maybe just covered on more.

Ctrl Alt Del
01-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Science Fiction conventions seem to be a bigger attraction as well. Or maybe just covered on more.
You know, most people would rate SW on the same genre of LotR: Fantasy, not Sci-fi.

Nedak
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
^ Why would that be?

and I didn't just mean SW, lots of other Science Fiction conventions.

Sam!
01-31-2008, 07:18 AM
Star Wars won't die of old age, trust me. If George Lucas kept making Star Wars movies, he'd eventually wind up with Star Wars being like the Police Academy movies. Too much of them. It's not like nothing Star Wars is ever going to be manufactured because ROTS has been made and that's over.

No, no, Star Wars is still big. New games and toys and everything (except movies) related to SW is still coming out.

No need for name calling ~coupes.

Ctrl Alt Del
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
^ Why would that be?
You never heard? According to them, SW is not like, for example, Star Trek, which all tech is heavily explained and has some kind of base to rely on. Star Wars also has some inconsistencies, like, on a universe on that has space travel there's also a warrior clan that protects people and a government (Jedi).

Nedak
01-31-2008, 08:24 PM
I guess that does make sense.

Maybe Science Fantasy?

adamqd
02-01-2008, 04:59 AM
George calls it, Space Opera, based on 1930's matinée serials

Nedak
02-01-2008, 09:30 AM
Wouldn't go that far. lmao

adamqd
02-01-2008, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't either! Just Quoting ;)

Nedak
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Silly Georgie... Tsk tsk tsk

:P

DeadYorick
02-08-2008, 05:18 PM

I also just remembered that after filming RotJ he also said that he wouldn't create anymore sequels. Yet barely 15 years later he released the first episode. It seems that Lucas still has a few plans for Star Wars

adamqd
02-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Lets hope so