PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] [K1] World War 2 Custom Area Mod and Recruiting

Sithspecter
01-21-2008, 10:45 AM
MAJOR UPDATE!!!

I am going for completely new modules!!! The ones from KotOR just don't seem to fit, so I'm going to make new ones. If anybody still wants to help, I'm still recruiting.

Scripter-DarthDingDong
Wolv-New armor
Texturer/Rextexturer- LordRevan999/still position availible!
VOICE ACTORS- DarthJebus05?
2da editor!!!
Here's a screenie!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/bridges1.jpg

Sithspecter
01-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh, I thought this was important enough to have a post of its own. I could use about six male voice actors.

Taak Farst
01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
10/10 on weps and cusom area wip coz of the brilliant wep models and excellent ideas, I can make a custom armour the recruit could have on?
Ill keep track of this

Sithspecter
01-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Alright, Wolv. You can be on the team. If you could make a Nazi and a US uniform, that would be great. Keep me posted on your progress.

Taak Farst
01-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Can I do it as a red combat suit with a natzi symbol on the front? Coz i aint as good at u think lol.

For US what armour do u think i should use and what design

Sithspecter
01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
For Nazi armor, I was thinking kind of an S.S. look. A black Jedi robe with the red swastika armband. For the US, I actually already have one, but just an Army green with maybe camo pants.

Taak Farst
01-21-2008, 04:15 PM
ill try ill post a screenie sometime tonite

Edit: hmmm im having trouble finding the arm on the robe rga so can i have the swatstika on the bit where the heart is. You know where i mean dont you

Sithspecter
01-21-2008, 04:55 PM
The arm, preferably. I believe that the arm is sort of at the bottom and on the left of the texture?

Taak Farst
01-21-2008, 05:04 PM
ah no ive found it, its top left

http://i104.piczo.com/view/3/6/w/8/a/q/0/t/a/g/p/l/img/i235028738_6353_7.jpg

the link is a pic, ill post another screeniee with a beter view of swastika tomoz afternoon.

Sithspecter
01-21-2008, 06:26 PM
How about maybe a few medals where the heart is and the roman numeral II on the collar like in the movies.

Taak Farst
01-21-2008, 06:32 PM
hmm...maybe

Marius Fett
01-22-2008, 10:30 AM

the link is a pic, ill post another screeniee with a beter view of swastika tomoz afternoon.

To be honest Wolv I think we can all live with not seeing the Swastika, especially since posting it on a public forum could offend and upset some people even now.

On topic of the mod though two things:

1. Awsome models :D
2. Nice robe Wolv
3. I can do some skins aswell as the scripts if you like SS?

Sithspecter
01-22-2008, 05:06 PM
To be honest Wolv I think we can all live with not seeing the Swastika, especially since posting it on a public forum could offend and upset some people
On topic of the mod though two things:even now.

1. Awsome models :D
2. Nice robe Wolv
3. I can do some skins aswell as the scripts if you like SS?

Ok DDD. It would be nice if you could help me skin the new areas I'm creating. I'll probably need a few grass textures, one sand texture, and a moving water texture. I'd love to have you on board. Speaking of the mod, I'm going to make completely new modules. I've already got a good start off of Quanon's tute! Here are a few screenshots of the first area I have decided to model. There is going to be a major fight here. This is where the bridge needed to cross the river gets blown up, so engineers are needed to build a new one.

Wolv, instead of a Swastika, how about just a cross?

Here are some pics!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/k212.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/kdk.jpg

I'm really excited about this! Look for updates later this week!:D

Sithspecter
01-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Here's another screenie:D!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/bridges1.jpg

LordRevan999
01-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Great models sithspecter.I can do retexture of anything if you like can I join you.

Sithspecter
01-24-2008, 05:46 PM
OK, I applied the texture with planar, and I have TEXTURE!!! :lol: Seriously, though, this is going great! What the team needs to focus on-sweet, we really have a team-is getting the german stuff into the game. If Wolv gets the uniform done, I'll get the helmet ingame, then, we have an enemy. If anybody wants to test what I have so far, PM me and I'll send you the stuff. Also, include your email. Further updates tomorrow!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/hooray.jpg

Darth Payne
01-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I just thought i should put my two cents in.

I always thought that the Sith uniform looked like a nazi uniform.

All you really have to do is give it a very minor paint/skin.

Sithspecter
01-25-2008, 07:08 AM
Hmmm...I didn't think about that... Good idea Danyael27! I will remember your name in the list of credits!

Quanon
01-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Great stuff sithspecter , I see you found your way around :)

Though you might adjust the tiling of your ground texture, else the game "smeers" one small 256x256 texture over a huge area, which gives this blurry pixel monster.

You can easly adjust that in the UVW-map modifier.

You'll see a short list, just below the list of PLanar,Box , etc...
U [ 1.0 ]
V [ 1.0 ]

^ Set both these values to 4 or 6, that way the texure will be used 4 or 6 times to cover the same area, which will give a better result.

Just be aware if you make new textures that their made tile-able , else you'll get a nasty "tile" effect.

But anyway, what rant :lol:

The bridge looks sweet, can't wait to see the tanks in there , plus some ruined village buildings or a church.

:thmbup1:

P.S. : I would search for a skybox from an orginale kotor module, I used one of the Tatooine ( the mesh, not the sky textures ), Bioware seem to have made ignore the lighting, whichs brightens them and takes away the box effect greatly.

Though if you start to pay attention to the Kotor modules and look in 1st person, you'll see that they'arent perfect either.

Sithspecter
01-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the tips Quanon! I'll probably have a tank sunk in the river, one burning on the shore, and the other tank will be the one you escape this module from. Hmmm. Still having problems with the lights. I'm using GMax, but I'm getting 3ds max soon! I made an aurora d light, but it did nothing. I'm also working on a german uniform. I have the texture, but I can't find the appearance on my modified 2da file. Also, I could use someone to texture my tank... I suck at making textures from scratch.

LordRevan999
01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
I can help with 2da files if you need any.

Taak Farst
01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Great area...quanon u got some rising compo like the mysterious stranger :)
I have done the robe bu not screenie coz i basicly same but with cross

Sithspecter
01-25-2008, 05:24 PM
How do I get a new creature to use the appearance.2da slot that I created? I modified the .2da, but I cannot use it on a creature.

Taak Farst
01-25-2008, 05:26 PM
with clothing just equip it via k tool but for app.2da im not sure...

Marius Fett
01-25-2008, 05:27 PM
You need to open the UTC file in K-GFF and enter the Appearences Row number in the 2DA in the Appearence field in the UTC. So if he Row number was 625 you enter 625 in the Appearence field.

Sithspecter
01-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Aha! I thought it might have something to do with that! Thanks! Post new screenshots tomorrow. Getting Kaurora 2.5 soon.

LordRevan999
01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
you would have to use a uti file.First open kotor tool then goto tools menu then click options then click the tab "other" tick the option saying "Look in game's override folder for 2da".Then place your modified 2da in override.Then open a uti file then go to propertires tab then make a new property and in name property select disguise in subtype search the name of the appearance you made and select it.And then change the uti file name,tag and refres and then go open game and use cheat to get that cloth and what do you know it worked.For pc and party members and others use utc file

Taak Farst
01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
hey sithspec do u wanna me to PM you the natzi robe.
Anyway i think you are doing incredibally well. Is it one custom with a mini quest or a few customs with a big quest? u could make more customs...

Sithspecter
01-25-2008, 08:22 PM
hey sithspec do u wanna me to PM you the natzi robe.
Anyway i think you are doing incredibally well. Is it one custom with a mini quest or a few customs with a big quest? u could make more customs...

How about PM me the robe now, I'll look at it and tell you tomorrow. I'm working on another Wermacht uniform as well.

Hey why don't you have Hitler, I'll have a go at making him for you if you want. However I'll only make his appearance the rest will be up to you.

No, I don't believe that this mod should have a Hitler. He is such a historical icon, and some people might get mad... This mod is on a strict plot.

Darth Xander
01-26-2008, 07:13 AM
True, forget my idea it was stupid anyway.

Marius Fett
01-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Maybe we could make a fictional German leader or something?
But I agree Hitler would be a bad idea.

Darth Payne
01-26-2008, 07:58 AM
You could always look to the movies for a german leader, unless your looking for accuracy?

Darth Xander
01-26-2008, 10:07 AM
You could always look to the movies for a german leader, unless your looking for accuracy?
Trust me using a real leader is a bad idea, try making one up.

Miltiades
01-26-2008, 10:54 AM
General Von Klinkerhoffen! Or... Luitenant Grüber! :) Anyway this is starting to look very cool. Can't wait for more.

Darth Payne
01-26-2008, 11:00 AM
I remember those guys.

They are from 'Allo 'Allo, right?

Miltiades
01-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Yup. :)

Darth Payne
01-26-2008, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't it then be possible to 'borrow' some lines of theirs from the series for the VO?

Marius Fett
01-26-2008, 11:25 AM
They are from 'Allo 'Allo, right?

Good moaning! :lol:

Anyways anyone here familiar with Black Adder goes Forth?
I know it's set in WWI but we could have some of the stuff from that?

Like Captain Darling for example...

Come along Darling we're leaving!

I know this mod is serious but a little humor thrown in could be good no?

Sithspecter
01-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Really, this mod has kind of a funny story. The characters are pretty funny. But all the fighting is going to be completely serious.

Sithspecter
01-26-2008, 12:23 PM
OH! I have a German! Plus, everybody has got to see the updated area!!!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/pic1.jpg
I'll put in my updated area later.:(

Sithspecter
01-26-2008, 03:46 PM
Here's a screenshot or two of the updated area.
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/pic2.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/pic3.jpg

More updates soon!!!!

Quanon
01-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Looks nice sithspecter.

I see you got the sky shiny bright :p

All I can say is keep it up and running.

Darth Payne
01-27-2008, 08:11 AM
Wow.

Very nice sky.

Ctrl Alt Del
01-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Cool skyview, Sithspecter.

Is it a reskin of Dantooine sky?

Miltiades
01-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Wow, really awesome. Keep up the amazing work!

Sithspecter
01-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Cool skyview, Sithspecter.

Is it a reskin of Dantooine sky?

Actually, it is the exact Dantooine sky. And I'm glad to see people are still looking at my stuff!:) I'm probably going to release an alpha of the first module sometime this week. I have to make a tree as a placeable first, though. If anyone knows how to make the placeable where it is collideable, I would appreciate it if I could send you the model and do it for me!

Work is progressing steadily! I appreciate all the feedback. Next job on list: make city module for final fight!!!! It is probably going to take me several months on this but I'll keep everbody posted!

SS

Edit: Oh, I could use someone who can model heads... I have about four heads that I could use modeled.

Marius Fett
01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Hey SS, just a suggestion....

You know how when you target one of those soldiers in combat?

It says German Soldier right?

I was thinking maybe you should change it to Nazi Soldier?

Having German Soldier hovering over the head of someone about to be slaughtered good offend people. Especially Germans...

Taak Farst
01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey SS, just a suggestion....

You know how when you target one of those soldiers in combat?

It says German Soldier right?

I was thinking maybe you should change it to Nazi Soldier?

Having German Soldier hovering over the head of someone about to be slaughtered good offend people. Especially Germans...

I second that, my dad is german/american... Anyway i do recommend you change that. Anyway over all when I was looking at the area image I thought I accidently turned on Wolfenstein enemy territory. Great job :D

Marius Fett
01-29-2008, 03:45 PM
I've been practising my German accent! Need some VO's?:lol:

Sithspecter
01-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Ok, everybody. I got to work this morning on trees. Since KotOR doesn't have any earth looking trees, I decided to make my own. Problem is, I still haven't edited the PWK or whatever to make them collideable. Here's the screenshot. Also, I have done two completely new grenades. I'll post more screenshots tomorrow. For those on the team, just be patient a little longer. Once I'm satisfied with the first area, we'll get to work on new quests, dialog, and sweet effects. If you want a little taste of what's to come, download my World War 2 weapons pack, link is in my signature!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/trees.jpg

If anyone can teach me how to model heads, or do them themselves, please contact me!

Sithspecter
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey, guys. I'm going to be posting a beta for general public testing very soon. It's just of the first area, and there are obvious problems, but you guys can edit it and give me suggestions. I'll post the link as soon as it gets on!

SS

Ferc Kast
01-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Cool trees, sithspecter; And overall, I think this looks very awesome.

Taak Farst
01-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Ill post the robe and then thats it from me, sorry, but i am not as good you would like and my WWII armour wuld look nothing like it.

Sithspecter
01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
There will be a beta very, very soon! At KotOR files, they accepted it, but my email deleted the actual mod:(. I am uploading it currently, so everone can get an idea of what's going on. I'm working on getting my trees to collide, then I'm making a whole forest, not a grove of 5...

If anyone wants to make any requests or suggestions, please do!

If somebody can model heads, please contact me!

magnusll
02-01-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm working on getting my trees to collide, then I'm making a whole forest, not a grove of 5...

You may want to learn using reference nodes, as they were made for this exact purpose (i.e. to allow for quick creation of several copies of the same model).

Sithspecter
02-01-2008, 05:34 PM
You may want to learn using reference nodes, as they were made for this exact purpose (i.e. to allow for quick creation of several copies of the same model).

Hmmm... Could you please be more detailed about how this is used?

Shrub91
02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
I suggest toning down the saturation of both uniforms, they look way too.... colorful.

Sithspecter
02-01-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm redoing the U.S. one, but as for the Nazi one, I think it looks alright. If anybody has any suggestions on which model to use for the U.S. uniform, I'm having trouble with it.

Lordjedi
02-01-2008, 11:20 PM
You need a skinner?

magnusll
02-02-2008, 03:18 AM
Hmmm... Could you please be more detailed about how this is used?

Kotor has the capability of using reference nodes: you create a particular model (a tree, a bush, a rock etc.) and then you put several copies of it in the area by referencing the original one. This is useful when you have to populate the area with several dozens of those, as it obviously speeds up the work. The trick is to create 4 or 5 different source models and then mix them while populating the area.

I have no clue how this is done in Max, though.

Quanon
02-02-2008, 04:59 AM
I have no clue how this is done in Max, though.

Max gives you like three options when you start copying objects.

It can be a copy ( a full new object on its own.)

a reference ( keeps a very tight link with orginale, if you alter the orginale the reference alters to. )

an instant ( is inbetween a full copy and reference. )

The last 2 safe memory more , cause of the link to the orginale , though I have no idea what Kotor would do with such "objects".

Or if this is even what Mag ment?

magnusll
02-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Max gives you like three options when you start copying objects.

It can be a copy ( a full new object on its own.)

a reference ( keeps a very tight link with orginale, if you alter the orginale the reference alters to. )

an instant ( is inbetween a full copy and reference. )

The last 2 safe memory more , cause of the link to the orginale , though I have no idea what Kotor would do with such "objects".

Or if this is even what Mag ment?

Kotor knows how to use reference nodes in its .mdl files. Sounds like they represent objects of type "reference" in Max. They should help populating a forest without having to model every single tree....

Quanon
02-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Kotor knows how to use reference nodes in its .mdl files. Sounds like they represent objects of type "reference" in Max. They should help populating a forest without having to model every single tree....

I actually used that a lot for the pillars of my Temple, used zillion of copys :p

Though in the end I turned/ converted everything into Mesh, so I'm not sure if the "reference" was erased by that or not.

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm still not sure how that is done. Could you post some screenshots?

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 10:58 AM
I've been a little tired of the World War 2 Mod, so I decided to make a new model of a drawing that I made. I am not abandoning the project, I just took a little rest for the 1/2 hour :lol:!
Here's the screenshot!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/m-16.jpg

Darth Payne
02-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Holy **Bleep**.

Man, you have to realease that one. It would make a perfect replacement for the repeater rifle that canderous carry when we first meet him.

Are you going to release it? I'll even say pretty please?

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Heck, yes I'm going to release it! I'll probably release it after I texture it though :lol:

Darth Payne
02-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Man, i got tingles all over seeing that one.

Now, i have pins and needles.

Ouch.

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Ahhhhh crap! My computer crashed and I didn't save it! Arrrghhhh! That makes me so mad! :( Hahahaha JK!

Darth Payne
02-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Aww man.

Your jokin' right?

I suck at acronyms.

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Yes, I still have it! My computer didn't crash. Scared you right?

Darth Payne
02-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Man, don't do that.

Heck yes you scared me.

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Well, I'd better save it just in case my computer crashes...

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Here's the texture!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/m-162.jpg

Darth Payne
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Sweet.

Looking better already.

Quanon
02-02-2008, 12:08 PM
:lol: Cloning => About the reference stuff.

Getting referance ... referencnencene , ugh ...

How the get the 'stuff' is pretty simple , hold down shift and move an object to a side , gives the cloning window .

Or go to Edit=>Clone.

In this window you can pick what the 'clone' will be , a copy ( new object)
a refer or an instant ( these 2 keep up a sort of link to the 'parent' their cloned of. )

A screeny as asked :

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/slazzir/Cloning.jpg

I think for a quick forest , you best make like 3 to 4 kinds of tree's.
Then group them and copy/clone this group using referance.

Like that you'll have a big bush , without draining your system or Kotors engine :p

Just don't make it a nationale park size ;)

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Here's the final product!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/m-163.jpg

I'll upload it soon.

Thanks for the screen Q. I'll experiment on this some more later! Also, the Aurora D lights are still not working! I even found one in a Kolto tank Placeable, and used all the same things as it, except for the radius. It's probably just Gmax. And, I'm not getting 3ds max (:

Darth Payne
02-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Looking Very good there sithspecter.

Marius Fett
02-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Here's the final product!
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/m-163.jpg

I'll upload it soon.

Thanks for the screen Q. I'll experiment on this some more later! Also, the Aurora D lights are still not working! I even found one in a Kolto tank Placeable, and used all the same things as it, except for the radius. It's probably just Gmax. And, I'm not getting 3ds max (:

You could always get Max's free trial?

Quanon
02-02-2008, 01:25 PM

Great gun SS!

What you could do for lights is type them in manually in the Your_Area.mdl , you get when its just is exported.

Its in ASCII format so you can open it with notepad.

Paste in this part

node light AuroraDLight01
parent m77ab_01a
position 0.0 0.0 0.0
orientation 0.0 0.0 1.0 -3.14159
wirecolor 0.337255 0.337255 0.337255
radius 10.0
multiplier 1.0
color 0.854902 0.611765 0.34902
ambientonly 0
nDynamicType 1
affectDynamic 0
shadow 0
lightpriority 5
fadingLight 1
endnode

Edit: Change the parent name to the name of your AuroraBase

You'll have to put in a position yourself. In this example you'll get a light at the centre.

The ASCII works in Meters and so does the game.

NWmax works in Centimeters , so becarefull when you take positions out of G-max.You'll have to shift the " ," or " ." 2 places up.

When your done , compile it with Kaurora.

I'm not sure which version your're using. It could be that Kaurora 2.0 does not support lights.

Best you contact Magnusll about that.

Sithspecter
02-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Uploading it now. The link is http://www.mediafire.com/?cbmxlds3bym

Darth Payne
02-02-2008, 01:58 PM
Got it.

Looking Sweet so far.

LordRevan999
02-03-2008, 01:35 AM
I thought this armor reskin might be of any use to you.It is not in good shape but I can change it if you think this armor reskin can be used.
http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=65136120xt7.jpg
And can any one tell me how to show a pic rather than giving its link

Sithspecter
02-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I thought this armor reskin might be of any use to you.It is not in good shape but I can change it if you think this armor reskin can be used.
http://img168.imageshack.us/my.php?image=65136120xt7.jpg
And can any one tell me how to show a pic rather than giving its link

I like the camo! It looks good. If you could add more detail, like pockets, and some minor things like a collar, it would be really awesome. As for new heads, probably not going to happen.

As for putting just the image on there, use IMG code. There is a great tute on it under FAQ's.

Hey guys. I did a retexture of a head, but how do I make the model to accept it? I imported it into Gmax, but the game won't accept my head. I just run around like the headless horseman... And yes, I did edit the appearance.2da and the heads.2da.

Taak Farst
02-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Ahh did you use the mdlops? you should do

Sithspecter
02-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Yes, I used MDLOps, and I used the animations on. I'm using version 6.1 alpha.

Taak Farst
02-04-2008, 05:50 PM
i think versions over 5.0 bugger it up a bit, according to DDD's tut.

Sithspecter
02-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Hmmm... still screwed up.

Quanon
02-05-2008, 04:57 AM
Hmmm... still screwed up.

You don't need to edit the head with G-Max, that's just to have a quick preview of how it might look in the game.

What you must do is HEX-Edit the .mdl file.

You need to write down the orginal texture name.
Then with a Hex Editor search for the orginale texture name and replace that with your texture name.

Be warned you need the same amount of letters/ numbers.

So for example : the orginale texture was called PMHC01 ( 6 letters/numbers)
you need to replace with it SSPH01 ( again 6 , SS for your name ;) )

Ofcourse you'll still need to edit the heads 2DA file.

It can be a bit buggy to get it all to work.

But that's the ruff guide.

I think there's a link to a Hex Editor in Generale Tutorial section ( Tools List).

Hope it helps. :p

Sithspecter
02-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Thanks Q! I never needed a hex editor before, so I guess now's the time to get one!

Marius Fett
02-05-2008, 12:06 PM
You can use the MDLOps renamer function instead of a Hex Editor.

Sithspecter
02-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Aha! Thanks DDD. I didn't really want to download a whole new tool.

Sithspecter
02-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Hey, guys. I've been working more on the new area, so i've decided to post a few screenshots since I haven't posted any in a while. Any ideas or requests?
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/screenee11.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/screenee10.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/SCREENEE9.jpg
I'll keep working on it!

Darth Payne
02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Aren't we supposed to be crossing that bridge?

Sithspecter
02-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Well, the story goes that you were going to cross this bridge, but two American fighters blew it up right as you arrived. So, you call up some engineers to build a new one. Hooray for 100 posts!

Quanon
02-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Wow, those last shots where great !

Looking really great SS !

I'd say keep it up !

Drooltastic that waterfall.

Sithspecter
02-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks Q! I'd like to take a lot of credit, but you taught me everything I know pretty much. Unfortunately, I don't have an animated texture on the waterfall yet... And, I can't wait to be able to use emitters! Got the lights working now. Around the whole perimeter, I'm probably going to put dantooinish cliffs, or something to make it look better.

RedHawke
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Thread pruning done here.

It is off-topic to post posts asking why this mod is being made, or posting concerns about what quests will be in this mod and that it might offend you. Please use the PM system for these kinds of concerns instead.

Edit: It is also off-topic to make "sorry" posts, or to respond to them. Thanks folks. ;)

sekan
02-08-2008, 02:11 PM
The screenshots looks Awesome :D

Miltiades
02-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Yep, these look really good. Keep it up!

Mindtwistah
02-08-2008, 02:43 PM
You asked if we had ideas for the new area.
It would be nice with a little house there. Like a vila or farm or something. And with a family there that you can rob (DS) or leave alone and also talk with. They will be afraid of you.

BTW, Great work! I will totally nominate this mod as "The Mod of the Year 2008" when that comes :)

Taak Farst
02-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Wow SS, this is such a well done mod and so professional, the wolfenstein guys should recruit you :D

Sithspecter
02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
You asked if we had ideas for the new area.
It would be nice with a little house there. Like a vila or farm or something. And with a family there that you can rob (DS) or leave alone and also talk with. They will be afraid of you.

BTW, Great work! I will totally nominate this mod as "The Mod of the Year 2008" when that comes :)

Thanks!! That is, if it's done by then :lol:. Hey guys, I put my new module with all the cliffs and waterfalls on my little page. Here's the link. http://www.mediafire.com/?d7jok2vxlph

BTW, just to keep everyone updated, I'm going to add at least two more new modules, and I'll post the whole storyline soon.

Lordjedi
02-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey SS, these look awesome. I really wish I was part of this awesome mod.

Sithspecter
02-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok, I'm here to tell you the story behind the Heroes New Module Mod (what I'm calling it at the moment).

After several strange encounters with various republic soldiers, and Suvam's 'Teleporter' you land in the heart of a U.S. offensive. The story starts in an abandoned farmhouse with a soldier and a captured Nazi colonel. Kelly, the soldier, discovers from the colonel, a Nazi gold store thirty miles behind enemy lines. After contacting a mortar commander, a supply seargeant, and his own seargeant, the group of misfit troops embarks on a massive journey to the gold. With the help of Oddball, U.S. tank cmdr, they arrive at a bridge. Unfortunately, when they arrive, it is bombed by U.S. fighters. With the help of some engineers, they build a temporary pontoon. Continuing on, they meet little resistance, until the come upon the town with the gold. With only one Sherman, it's a faceoff with 3 Tiger tanks. You can go darkside, kill the americans, and take all the gold for yourself, neutral, take your share, or lightside, share with citizens, any way you'll still get a cut.

EXzSoldier
02-10-2008, 02:58 PM
hey i dled this mod today and it dose something with an ebon hawk can u help me

Sithspecter
02-10-2008, 03:42 PM
You probably DL'd it from Kotor Files. I've been trying to get this fixed, but I can't contact anyone at Kotor files if i don't join some JK2 forum. Download the updated version from http://www.mediafire.com/?d7jok2vxlph.

Edit: Ok, guys. Everyone who is helping (DDD, LordRevan 999) please download the mod. We need to start working on it (adding journal entries, soldiers, etc) Let's say we need to release a complete first module by February 25. Time is flexible, though.

Things to do:
Various explosion scripts
Follow scripts
Triggers fo exits
Dialog
Journal

Sithspecter
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Hmmm... I've decided that I will do three more modules. I'm asking the community what they would like. Possibilities are a large town, railyard, minefield, grove of trees, and/or farmhouse. Please leave feedback about which modules you'd like me to make!

Marius Fett
02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
I can start on the Journal Entries if you like? And yeah a town would be good...

Maybe a bunker?

Maybe even a German Weapon Factory?

Sithspecter
02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
I can start on the Journal Entries if you like? And yeah a town would be good...

Maybe a bunker?

Maybe even a German Weapon Factory?

Yeah, journal entries would be great. What all do you need? I'll post some stuff later with all the info. And, I'm definitely doing the town.

Marius Fett
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
If you can PM me a list of the quests you want in and what different entries you want them to have (what each one says) and so on i'll whip it up for you.

Do you know how to link it to the dialogs yourself?

Sithspecter
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I'll PM you the list tomorrow. I believe to link it to the dialog, you put the journal entry number in the quest/journal slot?

Miltiades
02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Hmmm... I've decided that I will do three more modules. I'm asking the community what they would like. Possibilities are a large town, railyard, minefield, grove of trees, and/or farmhouse. Please leave feedback about which modules you'd like me to make!
Definitely the town. Railyard as second choice.

Darth Xander
02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
How about the remains of a church perhaps?

Sithspecter
02-12-2008, 09:07 PM
I think I'm leaning towards the town, railyard, and minefield. But the minefield could change. I could just as easily do both the farmhouse and the grove of trees instead of the minefield, but considering my plot, I will probably do the minefield. As for the remains of the church, that will be included in the town. BTW, if anyone wants to make a U.S. uniform for me, I would be grateful. LordRevan999 was making one for me, and I told him I liked it, but he never contacted me or posted... Well, you guys need to also check out my Sleheyron thread!

EXzSoldier
02-12-2008, 09:32 PM
You should add a couple of nazi officers in it you could use the saul karath uniform with difrent insignias maybe some ss collar tabs and some wehrmacht as the waffen ss fought alongside the wehrmacht

Sithspecter
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm probably going to have S.S. troops for the tank commanders when you reach the town.

Marius Fett
02-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I'll PM you the list tomorrow. I believe to link it to the dialog, you put the journal entry number in the quest/journal slot?

Yep!

Tag in the Quest field and ID in the ID field. :)

Sithspecter
02-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey, DDD. I'm putting World War Two on hold for now. I'm focusing everything on Sleheyron. I'll do this later, but now I'm just working on Sleheyron.

Marius Fett
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Don't blame you... ;)

It may be a good idea to have this thread temporarily locked then...

Lordjedi
02-13-2008, 02:23 PM

That looks just like my Jedi Replacement Robe with a swastika on it. Hmm is it? Just curious no offence. :xp: