PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the 3rd Demo

JKLE_Cougar
01-29-2008, 01:28 PM
OK I installed JA and the 1.01 Patch and the Dark Forces Mod just as it said to.... but when I run the short cut all it does is bring up the loading screen and it dose not load it just sits there.

I also tried running SP and loading the mod through the mod page and the same thing happened....

HELP? :confused: :(

ryu91
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
well I fixed my other problem but I'm now having this problem that Cougar has :(.

Darth_Linux
01-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah, the final version had a mistake in the build. I'm uploading a new version, sorry to all for the mishap!

ryu91
01-29-2008, 08:12 PM
All righty then :D We will wait patiently

Mkem
01-30-2008, 04:47 AM
I've got the same problem. Will wait, too.

Kranckor
01-30-2008, 04:54 AM
Okay, so I can get so far as to the main menu then the New Agent screen, after the Mon Mothma debriefing screen I click START and I'm thrown back into the main menu. Can't get it to actually start.

Update: Copying the gamestart config file over into the main dfmod folder fixed it.

Darth_Linux
01-30-2008, 08:56 PM
you should have a "dfmod" folder and then the pk3 file and all the other text files and etc. in that same directory. Sorry we didn't put together an installer this time, but we didn't have the staff to produce it.

JKLE_Cougar
01-30-2008, 09:10 PM
so its all fixed now?

Darth_Linux
01-30-2008, 09:25 PM
yes

JKLE_Cougar
01-30-2008, 09:39 PM
its still doing the same thing to me :-/ where do i put the build.pk3?

Darth_Linux
01-30-2008, 10:05 PM
found one more problem with this distribution, but it's an easy fix. please ensure that all the extra files that were in the zip file go in the same directory as you put the pk3 file, and rename "autoexec.cfg.sam" to "autoexec.cfg"

so your file system should look like this:
jediacademy folder
->gamedata
->->dfmod
->->->build.pk3 and all .cfg files, text files, icon, etc.

I'll upload another version with the autoexec named correctly, but you just need to delete the .sam extension and all will be fine.

Kranckor
01-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Okay, yeah because when I unzipped into dfmod I got a folder called dfmod_2008 inside of the dfmod folder.

Darth_Linux
01-31-2008, 01:09 AM
Okay, yeah because when I unzipped into dfmod I got a folder called dfmod_2008 inside of the dfmod folder.

yeah without an installer, there can be a bit of confusion. a little investigation usually clears it up.

DarkTrooperIII
01-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Got it working now :)

And the result is fantastic! Nice job with the mod guys! :)

It's a shame you guys is closing for ever, it would had been so incredible nice to play through all the levels...and face General Mohc in his DT MK III suit! :D

Mkem
01-31-2008, 10:15 AM
Got it working now :)

And the result is fantastic! Nice job with the mod guys! :)

It's a shame you guys is closing for ever, it would had been so incredible nice to play through all the levels...and face General Mohc in his DT MK III suit! :D

I'm sure someone will take over this mod and finish it. Maybe. I would like to help, but I don't have much skills. I'm good at scripting, but not as good at the rest.

Lundquist
01-31-2008, 11:11 AM
wow - in all honesty, I thought the project was dead. Great job on the new demo!

btw, is the fightmusic from the secbase supposed to play when Mohc and Vader talk - and also when Kyle and Mon Mothma talk?

Darth_Linux
01-31-2008, 02:12 PM
wow - in all honesty, I thought the project was dead. Great job on the new demo!

btw, is the fightmusic from the secbase supposed to play when Mohc and Vader talk - and also when Kyle and Mon Mothma talk?

thanks!

yes that is the correct music for those in-game cutscenes. It's not the "exact" music from the original, but with the way we did the cutscenes, that's what we get, so it is by design and not a bug.

thanks again

Kranckor
02-01-2008, 02:23 AM
It's been great so far, just one last bug. When I select fists it goes into third person mode and I'm a Rodian.

yonibibi
02-01-2008, 08:06 AM
The mod is beatiful!!
but i have one annoying bug : every time i start the game with any difficult level the game always will be is easy difficult lavel.
and easy is boring.
can some1 help me pls?

Darth_Linux
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
It's been great so far, just one last bug. When I select fists it goes into third person mode and I'm a Rodian.

What Map does this happen on? I know stuff like this CAN happen on anything past level 2 I believe, and it's a generic Kyle/model bug that can also be seen when Kyle accidently gets the lightsaber. We have no solution as we don't understand what is happening. Our scripts look correct for models and weapons but it happens none the less.

Forceboat
02-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Beyond setting everything through an Icarus script or through the autoexec.cfg file, not much else can be done. I know in the Icarus scripts you can set the playermodel and the skin; and in the autoexec you would have to set the playermodel, the skin, the head, lower, and torso skins, the sound, etc.

yonibibi
02-01-2008, 01:54 PM
Darth linux can u solve the "difficult" problem of the game?
i tried to changed the jaconfig and it worked a little bit

Kranckor
02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
It happens on all of the levels and he has no lightsaber. Oh and I believe I'm experiencing the same difficulty bug. I noticed besides autoexec.cfg there are two other files with the extension .cfg.sat are those right or should there be no sats at all?

yonibibi
02-01-2008, 05:01 PM
I fink it is okay , if u change the g_spskill from 0 to 4 in the jaconfig.cfg file,it will get a little better , your enemies will fight more hard.

Forceboat
02-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Okay, I see what is wrong. You are talking about the two config files that have the extension .sam on them. Just rename those two without the .sam extension, and that will fix that. I am not sure, but I think Linux named them that way so they wouldn't be overwritten(?), I don't know. But that will fix your problem, Kranckor.

yonibibi
02-02-2008, 11:45 AM
It dosen't worked the jaconfig file changed a few configs and the mod cannot be played with this file.

Darth_Linux
02-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Okay, I see what is wrong. You are talking about the two config files that have the extension .sam on them. Just rename those two without the .sam extension, and that will fix that. I am not sure, but I think Linux named them that way so they wouldn't be overwritten(?), I don't know. But that will fix your problem, Kranckor.

the two SAMple files are named with that extension because they contain my own configurations for the game for the keyboard, mouse, show framerate, stuff like that. I didn't want to overwrite peoples configurations so I included them as samples to look through.

I don't have any problem with the difficulty menu not working, so perhaps there is something in the jaconfig.cfg.sam file that can be copied into your own, or else you can just rename it and use it outright.

Either way, I'm officially "done" fixing things. I may add some more voice files, but honestly, I'm very relieved to have delivered our final product . . . enjoy!!

yonibibi
02-04-2008, 02:04 AM
Ok ty

Jedi Marso
02-06-2008, 01:02 AM
For anyone experiencing the non-textured (white) Kyle in 3rd person, there is an easy in game fix.

Set your playermodel to Kyle, and then activate cheats and type in 'setforceall 0' (without the quotes). You'll have the textured version of Kyle again, but without the Force. He will have a lightsaber if you do this, however. But you can circumvent that by not selecting it as a weapon. If you don't set the Force levels to zero, Kyle will have the Force powers that NPC Kyle has in Jedi Academy.

Actually, if you want to cheat and play through the mod as a Jedi version of Kyle, just set the playermodel to Kyle and you'll be good to go. He'll still look like DF Kyle, of course.