PDA

View Full Version : I was able to download it, but....

penguingeneral
02-07-2008, 08:29 PM
The readme says I need to "Make a new directory calld "dfmod" inside your Jedi Academy/Game Data directory. Unzip the
contents of the the demo ZIP into this directory. Make a new shortcut to jasp.exe on your desktop
and edit the shortcut properties, adding this to the target line: "+set fs_game dfmod""

Now....how in the world do I do that? (Please put it in basic terms for me, I'm not that computer savy)

Darth_Linux
02-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Actually, to be more clear with this release, you should just unzip the ZIP file to your "Jedi Academy/GameData" folder. It will then create a "dfmod_2008" folder with the necessary game files inside that. Then you'd make the shortcut and add "+set fs_game dfmod_2008"

THey way you make a new shortcut is this:
Right-click the desktop
from the menu, choose "new shortcut"
In the next dialog box, click "browse"
Find your Jedi Academy directory. Starting at My Computer, then C drive, then "program files", then maybe "lucas arts" or something. Keep going until you reach
the Jedi Academy directory. Keep clicking the plus signs (+) until you get to GameData.
You should then see a file called jasp.exe. Select it.
Click OK, then Next
Type a name for the shortcut. I like "Dark Forces 2008"
CLick OK
Now right-click this new icon.
Choose Properties
In the line labeled "target", type in +set fs_game dfmod_2008 after jasp.exe
Down below, click the button "change icon"
Do all the browsing again, but this time, when you get to "GameData" go into dfmod_2008
Double click the dfmod.ico file
Click OK two times
You should be good to go!!

penguingeneral
02-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Okay, I did all that but now it just opens the Jedi Academy game instead, what do I do? I think the same thing happened when I installed the first demo but I think I had to reinstall it a few times for it to work. Any tips?

Darth_Linux
02-07-2008, 11:35 PM
The only thing that it can be is that you put the files in the wrong place. Double check that in your GameData folder you see "base" and "dfmod_2008". let me know what you find

penguingeneral
02-07-2008, 11:53 PM
I see those in the Game Data folder I use to create the short cut. Am I supposed to click on them somehow and use them too?

penguingeneral
02-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Wait, does the 'Start in' need to change?

Darth_Linux
02-08-2008, 11:15 AM
it needs to match the target path

penguingeneral
02-08-2008, 08:10 PM
The only thing that it can be is that you put the files in the wrong place. Double check that in your GameData folder you see "base" and "dfmod_2008". let me know what you find

I went back and checked and that's exactly what it was. Thanks.

daltysmilth
02-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Okay, I admit, I am a total moron. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I cannot get this thing to work. So can someone explain exactly what I need to do to successfully install this mod, assuming that I know nothing about computers. In fact, assume that I think the CD tray is a cupholder, and walk me through this installation.