PDA

View Full Version : problems with Best of PC version

DISTURBED 1
02-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Ok, before anybody lectures me on cheating, I've played the game through about 6 times, so it gets a bit boring. I love it, and I love the story, so I like to use mods instead. Well, the problem is that I have the Best of PC version, so it comes in a pack with those other 4 games. Now, I don't know if I installed the game wrong or something, but I can't edit the swkotor.ini file to enable the cheats. Naturally, this limits the kinds of mods I can use to only ones that have placeable items in the game. It's kinda frustrating. Does anybody know how to fix this so I can edit the swkotor.ini file and enable the cheats? :confused:

Jae Onasi
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Moved to Workbench

Arcesious
02-25-2008, 08:18 PM
what's wrong with Kotor.ini? Something as simple as notepad should be able to open and edit it, simply doing this: EnableCheats=1

DISTURBED 1
05-31-2008, 07:29 PM
Well, see, back when i was having problems with it, i tried using notepad, and it still wouldn't save the changes.

But I just figured it out thanks to actually taking the time to read a lot of the posts about this issue. moved it to the desktop, edited it there, saved it back in the folder, and now it works.

it makes me happy.