PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield: Heroes or how EA just got cool

lukeiamyourdad
02-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Battlefield: Heroes trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31297.html)

Yep, it's a free game from EA. I'm sure there's a catch, but it's bloody free and looks like a lot of fun.

EA just got better.

(I know some people will say things like "it looks like a Team Fortress 2 clone". The answer is: so what? It's free.)

DeadYorick
02-29-2008, 09:57 PM
(I know some people will say things like "it looks like a Team Fortress 2 clone". The answer is: so what? It's free.)

Even though i'm not much of a battlefield fan I agree with you. However I doubt I will get it for a while since I am focusing on other games

Aash Li
02-29-2008, 11:09 PM
Even if the game ends up sucking, that trailer flipping wins. I love their jab at the head-shotters. xD

Ghost Down
03-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Free?! You say free?! I can't believe that EA would release a game for ''FREE!!!''

But it sure looks awesome!

mur'phon
03-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Damn, seems like I'll be losing my "EA will never publish an unrushed great game not made by others" bet :(

SilentScope001
03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Cool?!

The game made fun of WWII! Do you realize how much conterversy will ensure? I mean, it makes the Allies forces, especially Americans, look dumb and stupid. What next?

...Sure, I'll 'buy' this BF clone. Always wanted a free one anyway. Just wished it was a tad more serious, though. Not I didn't enjoy the comedy, just that, erm...

EDIT: Oh please say there will be an SP mode! I just feel that the MP servers will be shut down pretty soon after release...

Jasper_Kazai
03-01-2008, 11:32 AM
I first saw this in a magazine, and my first immediate though was "wow, they couldn't have tried to copy TF2 more".

Ztalker
03-01-2008, 11:54 AM
EPIC trailer!

Did..they guy actually say 'Heinrich von Schnitzel?" :xp:

Looking forward to this. The battlefield franchise had to bring something new soon, imo. This looks very good! :D

Aash Li
03-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Silent, I didnt get that impression, they were "making fun" of the Nazis (the Germans) too. Its a cartoon game, I dont think it can really be serious... But without having played the game, I cant really say for sure.

Also: the Onion is a satire news source. :)

Hallucination
03-01-2008, 01:14 PM
This game looks ****ing awesome. Time to brush up on my lacking German. o_Q

SilentScope001
03-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Also: the Onion is a satire news source.

I know that. Just wanted to quote it for the lulz. :)

The difference is that The Onion focuses on mental comedy, while BF: Heroes seem to be in the physical comedy.

I'm also seeing a benieft for EA. If a game is focused on comedy, the bugs can now be accurately described as 'features', and therefore do not have to be fixed!

Ctrl Alt Del
03-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Not only EA replicates their own games, but they're now replicating games from other companies too! Sweet. Will download it, will play it. For free.

Serpentine Cougar
03-02-2008, 12:20 AM
It's great that it's free (and I'll probably give it a try), but seems like it could have been slightly more original, perhaps. I mean if you look at one of the "screenshots" on the official website (http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/screenshots/games-for-windows-cover-announcement), look down next to the bar code, where they have TF2 interview. Looks almsot like the same game!

But hey, it's free, so we shouldn't complain. Too loudly.