PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed September 16!

leXX
04-04-2008, 09:05 AM
""LucasArts today announced that its highly anticipated video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be released on September 16, 2008 in the United States, September 17 in Southeast Asia and Australia, and September 19 in Europe..."

So after many many delays, we finally have a release date. Still quite a while to wait (and 3 days longer for me pfft), but I'm hoping all these delays have made for a fine tuned gaming experience. Fingers crossed.

I'm interested to know what platform everyone will be getting it on, so vote in the poll. :)

Sabretooth
04-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Since I am not an Owner of Consoles, I shall choose to wait it out until/unless LA announces it for the PC as it rightfully should, considering that prospects are looking good for the PC now.

JoeDoe 2.0
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
The 360, its going to be amazing

jebbers
04-04-2008, 10:59 AM
seXBOX 360

Hopefully this is game will be made of pure win and pwnage.

Jeff
04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
I'll probably get it for Xbox 360 and the Wii version, both have features I really want to try out. I have a DS too but getting 3 versions of a game is a bit much. :p I'll vote Wii since that is the console I own, I plan on playing it on my roommate's 360.

coupes.
04-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Right on time for my b-day too ;)

I'll probably get play it on 360.

BongoBob
04-04-2008, 01:09 PM
I'll play it on 360 no doubt :)

Rev7
04-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Unfortunately, if, and I probably will, I get the game it will have to be for the PS2. Yes- I know, I need to upgrade... :/

Pho3nix
04-04-2008, 02:58 PM
I would buy it on the PS3 if I had one :(

jon_hill987
04-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Well I am not getting a P$3 or Xbox360 to play this game so it would have to be Wii. Why it isn't being developed for PC is beyond me...

MrWally
04-04-2008, 05:31 PM
There should be an "I'm boycotting this game because they aren't releasing it for PC" option.

Monkey Mania
04-04-2008, 06:00 PM
"Many many delays"

LOL, there were only 2 delays. November 2007 to Spring 08 to September 16th 08(Summer).

Rogue15
04-04-2008, 06:05 PM
xbox 360 i think

RoxStar
04-04-2008, 06:31 PM

*Here's hoping that Lucasarts finally releases something interesting for a change*

Crow_Nest
04-04-2008, 10:32 PM
360, because i dont own any of the other platforms. :D

IG-64
04-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Probably the Wii. I like graphics, but it's not coming on PC, and I don't own a 360 or a PS3. The gameplay really has to look impressive before I get it for the Wii though.

acdcfanbill
04-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I'll be waiting for a PC version myself.

PR-0927
04-05-2008, 07:01 AM
A PC version would own. I have no idea WTF LucasArts has been smoking, saying most casual gamers wouldn't have a PC able to handle it. If it can run on PS2, the casual gamer can run it.

Stupid excuses.

And LucasArts hasn't made a quality classic game since...JKII? It's about time we got a new one.

I'm getting it for Xbox 360, but I'd much rather prefer PC.

- PR-0927

Boba Rhett
04-05-2008, 11:25 AM
You're forgetting that the PS2 version comparatively looks like ass and that 19 out of 20 PC gamers would not tolerate the porting of the PS2 version to pc.

I'm very worried about this game.... at least several of the versions of this game if not all. Everything and I mean everything they've released; from their press releases, videos and even the points that the developers try to tout as positives, come off with subtle yet aromatic signs of suck. Don't get me wrong, I want to stab a lightsaber into someones face with a wiimote more than Bongo wants my body but the etching on the wall is telling me to not get my hopes up.

IG-64
04-05-2008, 12:17 PM
You're forgetting that the PS2 version comparatively looks like ass and that 19 out of 20 PC gamers would not tolerate the porting of the PS2 version to pc.

I'm very worried about this game.... at least several of the versions of this game if not all. Everything and I mean everything they've released; from their press releases, videos and even the points that the developers try to tout as positives, come off with subtle yet aromatic signs of suck. Don't get me wrong, I want to stab a lightsaber into someones face with a wiimote more than Bongo wants my body but the etching on the wall is telling me to not get my hopes up.
^ Well said

I haven't really been keeping up with this game, because I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking. I don't get my jollies from throwing stormtroopers around as much as I used to, procedural animations or no, so it'll have to have a little bit more depth than that to impress me. If the Wiimote controls offered smooth 1:1 saber combat and were very responsive to actual force move gestures, then it might interest me more. From what I've seen so far, I seriously doubt that is going to happen. As for graphics, it really won't matter unless I buy a 360/PS3 or there's a port aimed at high-end PCs. Also unlikely.
At this point theres only a few specific things that will interest me when it comes to Star Wars games: A huge scale sequel to Tie-Fighter, an MMORPG with JK-style combat, or a truly epic KOTOR journey to end all others. And since all 3 of those ideas require lots of time, effort, funding, and the right vision, I'm not really holding out for them. Maybe I'm just setting the bar too high, but I've played a lot of Star Wars games, and they're all starting to feel rather... empty. The Force Unleashed is no exeption.

Taos
04-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll be waiting for a PC version myself.

Yep, what Bill said.

Though my brother-in-law has a 360, so I might be tempted to rent it and play it at his house. :D

Monkey Mania
04-05-2008, 01:21 PM
^ Well said

I haven't really been keeping up with this game, because I don't think it'll be anything groundbreaking. I don't get my jollies from throwing stormtroopers around as much as I used to, procedural animations or no, so it'll have to have a little bit more depth than that to impress me. If the Wiimote controls offered smooth 1:1 saber combat and were very responsive to actual force move gestures, then it might interest me more. From what I've seen so far, I seriously doubt that is going to happen. As for graphics, it really won't matter unless I buy a 360/PS3 or there's a port aimed at high-end PCs. Also unlikely.
At this point theres only a few specific things that will interest me when it comes to Star Wars games: A huge scale sequel to Tie-Fighter, an MMORPG with JK-style combat, or a truly epic KOTOR journey to end all others. And since all 3 of those ideas require lots of time, effort, funding, and the right vision, I'm not really holding out for them. Maybe I'm just setting the bar too high, but I've played a lot of Star Wars games, and they're all starting to feel rather... empty. The Force Unleashed is no exeption.
Well, I HAVE been keeping up with this game, and let me tell you. You WILL be proven wrong,

leXX
04-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah I have to agree with Rhett and IG. I'm trying extremely hard not to get my hopes up for this game, but its hard not to. Its been sooo long since we've had a great star wars game that die hard fans like myself are on bended knee simply praying it will be full of awesomness. After the gaming godliness that is Mass Effect, I can't help but think that I will indeed be dissapointed, but well see.

TiE23
04-05-2008, 01:40 PM
360 baby. Can't wait for it! But yeah, it's a wonder why it's on every console but the PC, that just sucks. But even if it came out on the PC, I'd still get the 360 version.

MrWally
04-05-2008, 02:36 PM
360 baby. Can't wait for it! But yeah, it's a wonder why it's on every console but the PC, that just sucks. But even if it came out on the PC, I'd still get the 360 version.

I think you pretty much just answered your own question.

It sucks, but that's probably their reasoning at least to an extent.

IG-64
04-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Well, I HAVE been keeping up with this game, and let me tell you. You WILL be proven wrong,
I hope so.

Monkey Mania
04-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Not being on the PC gives this game a better chance at being good. LucasArts can concentrate on two platforms instead of 3.

Writer
04-05-2008, 07:43 PM
And what of those of us who don't have any of the consoles? Meh, I shouldn't really even be looking forward to this one... it probably won't run on my computer anyway :p

Boba Rhett
04-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Not being on the PC gives this game a better chance at being good. LucasArts can concentrate on two platforms instead of 3.

Hold up, lets go over the list of things that this game is being released on.

PS2
PS3
Wii
Xbox 360
Nintendo DS
PSP

Is LA really doing that much, "focusing in", to ensure a higher quality product for us?

Monkey Mania
04-06-2008, 01:39 AM
LucasArts is only developing the PS3 and Xbox360 versions. Krome is doing the Wii, PSP, and PS2 versions, and N-Space is doing the DS version. Didn't you watch the newest webdoc?

Jeff
04-06-2008, 04:19 AM
I would tend to agree that you guys won't be let down. I can see from a glance that the game doesn't look as good as they're making it to be but if you watch all the videos and read up on all the features and stuff that will be in it, it really does sound awesome and I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Char Ell
04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
PC is my primary gaming platform so no TFU for PC means I won't be playing this game when it comes out in September.

I may end up buying a Wii or Xbox 360 when I can buy one for USD$200 or less. But by the time that happens TFU will already have been out for a good while and I'm sure I'll have a pretty good idea whether or not the game is worth playing by then. ;)

Alegis
04-06-2008, 01:35 PM
I'll be playing it (or won't be playing it, as it seems) on PC.

Goddamn you, LEC.

RoxStar
04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Hold up, lets go over the list of things that this game is being released on.

PS2
PS3
Wii
Xbox 360
Nintendo DS
PSP

Is LA really doing that much, "focusing in", to ensure a higher quality product for us?

That list screams "HORRIBLE THQ PRODUCT"

I hope that the 360 and PS3 are the same at least.

tyrone333
04-08-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't have ps3 or my xbox from repairs just yet
if my xbox is back then i'm getting it for that but i'm always on the move going to work at the coast so i might get the psp version to take or both

coupes.
04-09-2008, 02:05 PM
If the idea of force choking wookiees as Vader doesn't turn you on... I don't know what will ;)

Lightsaberboy
04-09-2008, 09:58 PM
but what did the wookiees ever do to anyone??

Char Ell
04-10-2008, 12:27 AM
^^^
But that's not the point, see? ;)

Kain
04-10-2008, 02:01 AM
If the idea of force choking wookiees as Vader doesn't turn you on... I don't know what will ;)

Werd, son. Werd.

I don't know. On one hand, I'm the type of guy who could spend all day throwing a dead Stormtrooper around while muttering 'HEY! You there!' and have fun for several weeks doing nothing but that.

On the other hand, I'm poor. And since my economic stimulus check is going towards getting me a 360, for which games cost an outlanding $60, I may be forced to wait it out.

Plus, since I don't have the internet at home*, I wouldn't want to get a buncha achievements (yes, I have the mentallity of an 8 year old when it comes to my gamerscore) offline just to have them erased next time I go on Live. AND DON'T SAY IT WON'T HAPPEN!! Me and a friend of mine 100% a song on expert in GH3 co-op and it didn't save. Nor did any of the other achievements I got for him.

*I use the internet at work! Pay attention! I've been saying that for weeks.

BongoBob
04-10-2008, 04:05 PM
Plus, since I don't have the internet at home*, I wouldn't want to get a buncha achievements (yes, I have the mentallity of an 8 year old when it comes to my gamerscore) offline just to have them erased next time I go on Live. AND DON'T SAY IT WON'T HAPPEN!! Me and a friend of mine 100% a song on expert in GH3 co-op and it didn't save. Nor did any of the other achievements I got for him.

*I use the internet at work! Pay attention! I've been saying that for weeks.

zOMG HOW ARE YOU POSTING :eek:

:xp:

Kain
04-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Sarcasm duely noted, Bob. In any case, come another month or so, my hours at work'll damn near triple. So I may not have to wait. (I found out the person above me in seniority is leaving soon)

Sivy
04-28-2008, 11:37 AM
ps3

can't wait... looks like fun. seriously doubt it will be the life-changing, tour de force, orgamathon of a game that they're building it up to be. but i'm sure it will be quite entertaining.

M@RS
04-28-2008, 11:52 AM
I can't believe they're not making it for PC! That makes me mad. Not everyone owns a console.

Prime
04-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Just most people! :p

MrWally
04-28-2008, 04:56 PM
But think about the HUGE modding community a game like this would have. It could have so much potential.

:(

ET Warrior
04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
O_O

Sivy? omjeez.

M@RS
04-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I just wish it was for PC because it looks awesome and just imagine the mods made for it!

DarthAve
04-28-2008, 06:51 PM
I am so getting it for my grandma's Wii, considering I only have my lowly ol' xbox no number. Especially with the whole Darth Vader on Kashyykk intro level game informer wrote about.

Besides, all my years of expierence of plastic lightsaber fighting will come in handy with the motion sensor lightsaber! Thanks Grandma for buying that Wii so I don't have to get one myself!

MrWally
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM

You have the coolest grandma ever.

...My grandma thought I was her brother Chuck.

BongoBob
04-28-2008, 10:01 PM
O_O

Sivy? omjeez.

F***ing signed.

Sivy
04-29-2008, 07:08 AM
hello :wavey:

thought i would stop by and see how the old swamp is doing.

DarthAve
04-29-2008, 08:13 PM

You have the coolest grandma ever.

...My grandma thought I was her brother Chuck.
Seriously. Except all she does with the Wii is play bowling on Wii Sports. Kind of a waste, but that's what I'm for!

Darth Slayne
05-13-2008, 07:39 AM
I’ll be getting this for the PC…which is to say I won’t be getting it at all.

I’ve long since given up hope LA will release another decent game like the JK series for pc.

Lorden Darkblade
05-14-2008, 12:30 AM
PS2 version...
Yeah, I need a PS3... :(

Kain
05-14-2008, 01:24 AM
Seriously. Except all she does with the Wii is play bowling on Wii Sports. Kind of a waste, but that's what I'm for!

LIES!! Wii Sports is the only decent thing on that crap-shack of a system.

StormHammer
05-14-2008, 02:07 AM
Lucasarts gave PC gamers a two-digit salute with their assinine comments recently (ya need teh $4000 dollar rig ta play it, yo!), so they can have it right back. Lost most of the respect I had for them previously, and won't be getting any more of their games. Oh I forgot, they're too hard to make for PC anyway. Riiiiight. :P

PR-0927
05-14-2008, 02:51 AM
Yeah, LucasArts really has been disappointing recently. I only have respect for few game companies now (Stradock and Crytek top this list).

And Rhett, good point about the PS2 version looking bad.

Except, the PS3 and Xbox 360 GPUs are analogous of the GeForce 7 series cards and their power, so even then their excuse doesn't work out (I think most casual gamers currently would own at least the GeForce 6 series, no?). Our four-year-old home computer has a 6800 GT (second best at the time), and computers are upgraded frequently. By having a variety of graphics options, TFU would fit perfectly on most casual gaming PCs.

LucasArts has failed me and it seems most. I hope they bring themselves out of this horrible trend of recent SW games. Their support of products is also rather miserable.

Seriously, KotOR and JKII are the last two quality SW games. Everything else since those games has been subpar (regardless of how much I played such titles). JA was a joke, KotOR II was a failure, SWRC had a great campaign, but failed in MP (and lack of vehicles/replayability), EaW seemed cool until you played it (such a limited RTS), and both SWBF and SWBF II were lame and arcade-like attempts at creating a SW version of the BF series.

I'm hoping TFU will be worth the $60, but recently I think the only upcoming game worth even close to that much (for consoles) MIGHT be BFBC (hey, it looks cool to me...).

- PR-0927

tyrone333
05-14-2008, 03:53 AM
i'll be getting this for the gayest sony system low ass graphics Sonys psp with lame stuff yay. Decent game for wii Wii Fit

BongoBob
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
i'll be getting this for the gayest sony system low ass graphics Sonys psp with lame stuff yay. Decent game for wii Wii Fit

Can I buy some pot from you.

:xp:

GeneralPloKoon
05-17-2008, 07:29 PM
The 360 version will be amazing! In graphics and the amazing Euphoria physiscs!!!

PR-0927
05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
The 360 version will be amazing! In graphics and the amazing Euphoria physiscs!!!

Nah. Xbox 360 and PS3 will both have the best for the game, but I don't think the graphics will be that great, especially because both of their GPUs are pretty outdated now.

After Crysis, everything seems bland. Even the sugar.

- PR-0927

Boba Rhett
05-17-2008, 08:48 PM
You can't directly compare console components to pc components. Just because the consoles have older gpus than the latest PCs doesn't directly correlate to how a game will look on them comparatively. Look at older generations and their technology and see what they were able to pump out of them. I digress.

PR-0927
05-18-2008, 12:46 AM
That's true, but I feel as if that is partially because the developers are forced to work with a fixed/unchanging hardware set (in whichever console). With PCs, I think Crytek kind of tried to push it to the max for PCs and pump out whatever they could, but as we have seen, they seemed to keep pushing to try to get the most out of the system...the system from NASA, rather than the system of the common consumer.

I guess you're right about not being able to directly compare. It's not a bad thing that the developers are trying to squeeze the system to its limits - actually very good.

Nonetheless, it is what it is - the most advanced games (graphically) for consoles pale in comparison to their PC counterparts (or the most advanced games for PCs, graphics-wise).

If you couldn't see it, I'm heavily biased in favor of PCs. Why? Because they are better.

:P

Damn this sugar, it yucky now.

PR-0927

GeneralPloKoon
05-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Because of Crysis, Crytek doesn't plan on supprting the PC as well becasue of feeling bad for creating such an impossible to play game, I mean not very people have that kind of money for upgrades! So to me, Crysis is nothing. I am amazed just by the graphics of COD4, and some other games. OOPS! Off-topic, but just wanted to express my opnion on this so called Crysis, which looks awesome but Far Cry came first!

PR-0927
05-18-2008, 09:42 AM
That doesn't make sense. You also misread what Crytek stated. They said they would no longer be creating any PC-exclusive games. This means that they will still be creating games for PC, but also putting those same games on consoles.

And I don't understand your sentiment of "but Far Cry came first!" Far Cry is a great game, no one has said otherwise here. And just because it came first does not make it better by any means, not at all.

- PR-0927

MrWally
05-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Neither of you have the full story, PR-0927 is right though, in the fact that they did say they would still create games for the PC, they would just no longer be PC exclusive.

However, PloKoon, their decision has nothing to do with system requirements, but with Piracy. They publicly stated that they felt that piracy hindered their sales so much that producing games exclusively for the PC is no longer an economically smart decision.

RoxStar
05-18-2008, 05:04 PM
But think about the HUGE modding community a game like this would have. It could have so much potential.

:(

It would probably end up just like JO/JA did with huge chat rooms and 'PURE SERVERS ONLY LOL!'

Ctrl Alt Del
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
360. What other options do I have aside from that, the last one or the PS2?