Datheus
04-30-2008, 01:08 PM
qwop

leXX
04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Sounds like The House Centipede to me.

Datheus
04-30-2008, 01:25 PM
The board wasn't letting me post, but yes. /b/ just informed me that it's a house centipede.

I don't like them much. They move too fast for my tastes.

leXX
04-30-2008, 01:35 PM
If I saw one of those, I'd run a mile. Bugs freak me out. ><

ET Warrior
04-30-2008, 01:55 PM
I suppose this is a testament to my nerd level, but I read about identifying a bug and immediately pounced on this thread in hopes of a thread about programming.

And was immediately disappointed :(

Pho3nix
04-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Catch it and and make it compete in Japanese bug fights.

http://www.japanesebugfights.com/

IG-64
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Catch it and and make it compete in Japanese bug fights.

http://www.japanesebugfights.com/

That's awesome. That scorpion got totally owned.

Wait.. I'm supposed to be doing school right now.

Reminds me of this game (http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14235413.html).

Also, I just looked up house centipedes:
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/5514/housecentwh6.jpg

Dang! I've never seen that before.

tk102
04-30-2008, 03:28 PM
I suppose this is a testament to my nerd level, but I read about identifying a bug and immediately pounced on this thread in hopes of a thread about programming.

I ditto that.

MrWally
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
@ ET: Hah, same here. I assumed he was having computer trouble of some sort.

@ IG: Daaang that's probably one of the coolest looking bugs I've ever seen.

I want one.

jebbers
04-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I read in one of my entomology books that some centipedes have painful bites. So I'd squish this one just to be careful.

[/goes back into hiding]

BongoBob
04-30-2008, 05:11 PM
http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/arcade/fullsize/centipede-front.jpg

GET YOUR SPACESHIPS!!1

MrWally
04-30-2008, 06:38 PM
I read in one of my entomology books that some centipedes have painful bites. So I'd squish this one just to be careful.

[/goes back into hiding]

omg...

JEBBERS!!

Dath Maximus
04-30-2008, 09:28 PM
eat it dath

PR-0927
04-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Isn't Jebbers supposed to be disconnected from civilization or something?

He said he'd never come back.

I told him he was wrong.

I was right.

- PR-0927

acdcfanbill
04-30-2008, 10:03 PM
all I know is that Mitch Hedberg and I are both Dosapede's

Boba Rhett
04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
I demand that you kill it immediately.

tk102
04-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Isn't Jebbers supposed to be disconnected from civilization or something?

He said he'd never come back.

He said it twice, but who's counting. :p Welcome back Jebbers. :)

PR-0927
05-01-2008, 03:33 AM
Oh, and centipedes suck. We get some every once in a while in our basement. Those things smell HORRIBLE when killed (or bad in general).

I'd advise you to kill them quickly and not let them touch you. Millipedes are harmless, but full-grown centipedes (South American type) can paralyze a full-grown man for several hours (it happened to my 9th grade Advanced Biology teacher when he was visiting South America). I wouldn't want to find out what the small ones can do (still something mean, I'm sure), as they are carnivores.

- PR-0927

Tyrion
05-01-2008, 03:51 AM
I wouldn't want to find out what the small ones can do (still something mean, I'm sure), as they are carnivores.

At least now I have an idea for the box-office horror movie that's going to rake in millions to fuel my obscenely avaricious desires of wanton debauchery: Century of the Centipede.

Darth Groovy
05-01-2008, 04:26 AM

What he said, and the picture REALLY wasn't necessary, as the description freaked me out enough. Yes...Groovy, has acute arachnophobia, which can be both embarrassing and frustrating at the same time. No sleep for ME tonight...

Dath Maximus
05-01-2008, 06:58 AM
I demand that you kill it immediately.

what she said

Sivy
05-01-2008, 07:30 AM

aww :(

here you go...

1: private void Foo()
2: {
3: try
4: {
5: AuthenticationInfo authenticationInfo = GetAuthenticationInfo(Request.QueryString["t"]);
6: Authenticator authenticator = new Authenticator(new LoginProvider());
7: AuthenticationStatus authenticationStatus = authenticator.Authenticate(authenticationInfo);
8: if (authenticationStatus.Authenticated)
9: {
10: IUser user =
11: BLUser.Load(authenticationInfo.UserName, authenticationInfo.OrganizationCode, authenticationInfo.DomainId); 12: user.SetNewSessionId();
13: AuthenticationTokenParser authenticationTokenParser = new AuthenticationTokenParser();
14: string authenticationToken = authenticationTokenParser.Create(user.UserName, user.OrganizationId, user.DomainId);
15: FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(authenticationTo ken, true);
16: string redirectUrl = FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(authenticationT oken, true);
17: if (redirectUrl == null || redirectUrl.Trim().Length == 0) 18: {
19: redirectUrl = "~/Home.aspx";
20: }
21: Response.Redirect(redirectUrl, true);
22: }
23: Response.Redirect("~/Home.aspx");
24: }
25: catch
26: {
27: Response.Redirect("~/Home.aspx");
28: }
29: }

PR-0927
05-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Ah, yes, I too, Groovy, have arachnophobia. Except after lifting. Then I just have intense hatred of them and kill them violently without second thought.

And yes, that picture was scary and unnecessary.

Kill the beasts.

Oh, and I read that house centipedes like to produce offspring in the spring. It's spring, so I'd advise you to get rid of 'em ASAP - terminators can be useful.

- PR-0927

Datheus
05-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Research indicates that this kind of centipede does not have a bite that can break the skin. Largely harmless and will eat bugs and spiders.

I normally kill them since I find them in the bathroom and can easily clean the mess up, but this one was actually snuggling with mein girlfriend on the couch. She trapped it in a glass and left it sitting on the table.

Rather than chase it around the living room, I just tossed it outside.

IG-64
05-02-2008, 04:25 AM
Research indicates that this kind of centipede does not have a bite that can break the skin.
In that case, I want one. They look awesome. :p

PR-0927
05-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Umm, I read that some of those things CAN break skin and apparently their bites/stings can hurt like bee stings and cause issues to people with allergies of them.

- PR-0927

Dath Maximus
05-02-2008, 09:03 PM
you bite it first then dammit

Det. Bart Lasiter
05-02-2008, 10:02 PM
aww :(

here you go...

1: private void Foo()
2: {
3: try
4: {
5: AuthenticationInfo authenticationInfo = GetAuthenticationInfo(Request.QueryString["t"]);
6: Authenticator authenticator = new Authenticator(new LoginProvider());
7: AuthenticationStatus authenticationStatus = authenticator.Authenticate(authenticationInfo);
8: if (authenticationStatus.Authenticated)
9: {
10: IUser user =
11: BLUser.Load(authenticationInfo.UserName, authenticationInfo.OrganizationCode, authenticationInfo.DomainId); 12: user.SetNewSessionId();
13: AuthenticationTokenParser authenticationTokenParser = new AuthenticationTokenParser();
14: string authenticationToken = authenticationTokenParser.Create(user.UserName, user.OrganizationId, user.DomainId);
15: FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(authenticationTo ken, true);
16: string redirectUrl = FormsAuthentication.GetRedirectUrl(authenticationT oken, true);
17: if (redirectUrl == null || redirectUrl.Trim().Length == 0) 18: {
19: redirectUrl = "~/Home.aspx";
20: }
21: Response.Redirect(redirectUrl, true);
22: }
23: Response.Redirect("~/Home.aspx");
24: }
25: catch
26: {
27: Response.Redirect("~/Home.aspx");
28: }
29: }

I recommend reading SICP.

Hermie
05-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Try updating your apartment to 2.5, I hear that version fixed this bug. :|

Anthony
05-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I just kill all bugs on site either by freezing them to death with a can of compressed air, torching them with a flame or squashing them.

(the first two are the most fun)

PR-0927
05-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Burning ants in boiling hot water is fun too.

- PR-0927

Tyrion
05-04-2008, 12:08 AM
You know, when the aliens come forth from the firmament and squash you all because you're mere chaff against their leviathantic technologies, I'm just going to laugh. Laugh at you all. Laugh because unlike all of you small minded jerks, I let our smaller brothers live freely. I let them be because they wish to live their lives in peace and quiet. I let them be because this is America, damnit, and to let injustice reign anywhere is to let it reign everywhere.

(The point of this tangent is that my relationship with arachnids relies mostly on not being a psychopath.)

Det. Bart Lasiter
05-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Listen up, jerkwad, this is America, and here in America, anyone, be they vertebrate or otherwise, doesn't get a free ride by breaking into my goddamn house and spinning a ****ing web without facing a beat down.

Kain
05-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Um, I've had those lil buggers around me all my life. They definently enjoyed our basement, which is where I spent alot of my time (the only room big enough for all my friends). They're harmless. A bit freaky to look at and somewhat unerving when they come charging out from under furniture, but harmless nonetheless.

Unless you have a heart condition. And if thats the case thBOO!!! Haha! Gotcha.

Yea, they're ugly, too.

Also a fun way of killing them, I call it the Constantine. What you do is trap it under a glass/ash tray/whatever and life the glass ever so slightly. Then you blow smoke on it. Asphexiation(spell check) rocks.

MrWally
05-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Also a fun way of killing them, I call it the Constantine. What you do is trap it under a glass/ash tray/whatever and life the glass ever so slightly. Then you blow smoke on it. Asphexiation(spell check) rocks.

You are a monster.

But I still lol'd :(

Sabretooth
05-05-2008, 12:37 AM
I think there are some that invade my bathroom once every year or so. They're pretty freaky since they got those poisonous bite thingies. But they're also very cool looking. And they taste like chicken.