PDA

View Full Version : Wishful Thinking

IG-64
05-03-2008, 12:13 PM
Make a wish. Then discuss. It can be anything, but try not to be offensive. Similar to "3 wishes," but a bit more freeform.

I wish Peter Jackson would cancel the second movie after the Hobbit and focus on making the Hobbit alone.

MrWally
05-03-2008, 03:30 PM
I agree with you on that, IG. I can't believe New Line wanted a second film done... they just want to make more money.

I wish I can get at least a 4 on the AP Calc BC ap test coming up on Wednesday.

Pho3nix
05-03-2008, 03:48 PM
I wish my summer vacation would start sooner.

IG-64
05-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I wish my summer vacation would start sooner.
Exactly. Mine starts a week from now, but all of the finals are very painful. ._.

BongoBob
05-03-2008, 04:10 PM
I wish that I could find a way to quiet my rock band drums without any sort of residue left on the pads ><

PR-0927
05-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I wish I am able to get a 4.0 GPA for this third quarter in university.

- PR-0927

Kain
05-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I wish I made more money.

RoxStar
05-04-2008, 01:22 AM
I wish that I didn't have diabetes

/emo

IG-64
05-04-2008, 02:57 AM
I don't think wishing you didn't have diabetes is emo. I think that's a perfectly reasonable wish.

Kain
05-04-2008, 04:18 AM
An emo wish would be like 'I wish the razors would finally cut that vein...sigh...', followed by drooping your bangs over your eyes. Get a hair cut, hippy.

RoxStar
05-04-2008, 11:34 AM
I wish that I could find a way to quiet my rock band drums without any sort of residue left on the pads ><

Use socks! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=wyF5rquKjas)

acdcfanbill
05-04-2008, 01:45 PM
wow, they put At the Gate's song Blinded by Fear is in Rock Band :O

Pie™
05-04-2008, 04:16 PM
wow, they put At the Gate's song Blinded by Fear is in Rock Band :O
wtfbbq? Are you sure that's not wishful thinking?

acdcfanbill
05-04-2008, 10:32 PM
wtfbbq? Are you sure that's not wishful thinking?

Nope, I noticed a 'related video' of it on youtube and that got me interested so I started doing some reading. Apparently there was a Thrash Pack you could download for Rock Band that had a song each of The Haunted (bleh), Evile (wewt) and At The Gates (double wewt). Also, apparently you can also get the whole Priest album, Screaming for Vengeance. :eyeraise: I'm as surprised as you.

Mace MacLeod
05-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I wish I get the sweet union job I applied for last week. I got wood just flipping through the Teamsters' contract.

BongoBob
05-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Nope, I noticed a 'related video' of it on youtube and that got me interested so I started doing some reading. Apparently there was a Thrash Pack you could download for Rock Band that had a song each of The Haunted (bleh), Evile (wewt) and At The Gates (double wewt). Also, apparently you can also get the whole Priest album, Screaming for Vengeance. :eyeraise: I'm as surprised as you.

Screaming for Vengeance caught me off guard too, as they said that the first full cd they'd put up was either Nirvana or The Who.

Caught me off guard, but as soon as I pay off some other things I'm gettin it, so wewt :)

Sabretooth
05-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I wish I could just ****ing pass this academic year that I have most ingeniously demolished.

Pie™
05-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Unholy ****, I wanna play At The Gates on rock band. :(

Seeing them live at Wacken, so I guess all is not lost though. ;)

Kjølen
05-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I wish... I hope that I get at least a 3.0 this semester. :\

DarthAve
05-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I wish that it doesn't rain on Friday, so I can go up to the high school and mascot instead of sitting in French.

MrWally
05-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I wish I don't die during the AP tests this week.

I wish everything goes well with a "certain someone" this weekend.

IG-64
05-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I see there are a lot of school-based wishes. :p

I'll throw mine in there: I wish I get in A in all of my classes since I tried so dang hard all semester.

PR-0927
05-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Change of wish (or additional wish) - let a miracle happen to save me in my stupidly easy, yet unjust and moronic CS&E 200 class.

- PR-0927

Pie™
05-06-2008, 10:42 AM
I hope everything turns out AWESOME when me and a few friends finish a sixpack each in school tomorrow. Yeah, Norwegian school can be pretty neat.

Pho3nix
05-06-2008, 11:27 AM
^ Yeah I'm gonna get drunk at school as well before I graduate.

I just have to.

Pie™
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
We do it as part of the Russefeiring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russetid), called "penkkarit" in Finland according to Wikipedia. :)

Lightsaberboy
05-07-2008, 04:46 AM
i wish for unlimited wishes.

then i'll take my sweet time! XD

acdcfanbill
05-07-2008, 11:12 AM

Hello,

I'm from the djinn alliance and I'm here to inform you that your 'wish for more wishes' has caused our wish contract to become null and void and we will be stripping you of any said wishes obtained.

Thank you for your interest,
Wishmaster

Sabretooth
05-07-2008, 11:41 AM
Ridiculous! You said no such thing in the ToS! I'm taking you to court!

Det. Bart Lasiter
05-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Technically, you can't take them to court since your contract wasn't the one being voided. If you really want to sue them, I suggest trying to fail all of the classes you wished to pass. Bottomline: hit on a teacher and have a friend tape it and upload it to YouTube.

Lorden Darkblade
05-07-2008, 01:36 PM
I wish I didn't had Chron's.

IG-64
05-07-2008, 02:29 PM

This wish is entirely futile, given the fact that I've already given everyone unlimited wishes. As you can see in my starting post: "Similar to '3 wishes,' but a bit more freeform." <- Me.
The object of this decision was to encourage posters to wish for things they really want, instead of having to compress all of their wishes into three overarching ones that usually boil down to superficial desires based on pleasure or status such as "invincibility," "money," and/or "loss of virginity."
But since you went out of your way to be a smarty and "beat the system," I hereby deplete your number of wishes to zero as a consequence.

(just kidding, you're good)

BongoBob
05-07-2008, 06:35 PM
...and/or "loss of virginity..."

Oh yeah, time for another wish :xp:

Tyrion
05-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Oh yeah, time for another wish :xp:

I wish to take your virginity, Bongo. :naughty:

(Just kidding, of course. I don't want to track down and mug the street corner prostitute that was willing to give you the time of your life for five dollars and the time it took to put her dentures into a glass of water.)

BongoBob
05-08-2008, 06:34 AM
HEY! It wasn't "just" water, it was Sparkletts damnit ><

Black Knight of Keno
05-08-2008, 10:35 AM
We do it as part of the Russefeiring (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russetid), called "penkkarit" in Finland according to Wikipedia. :)

Aye. That be so. They be awesome. Although, people don't get hammered during the short festivity, but rather before it and after. At least I haven't seen people openly drinking during them. They're too busy tying people up into things with duct tape and zip ties during the school hours before heading off in their 60's lorries :P

I wish I ruled the world. That's reasonable, no?
<.<
>.>

No, but seriously speaking, I wish I could manage a trip to Norway this summer to meet a certain someone in my life. It's been way too long. If not, I wish she could manage a trip to Finland.

EDIT: Also, I wish for a 125cc Honda Shadow and a license to drive it :D

Pie™
05-08-2008, 11:53 AM
No, but seriously speaking, I wish I could manage a trip to Norway this summer to meet a certain someone in my life. It's been way too long. If not, I wish he could manage a trip to Finland. I care for you too. :)

Black Knight of Keno
05-08-2008, 12:53 PM
I care for you too. :)

Uhh... Gayy

:p

Pho3nix
05-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Norwegian women are hawt.

Black Knight of Keno
05-08-2008, 02:24 PM
They are. Swedes are good too, but you can't beat the Norwegian meat. Finnish women suck. Especially the teens >.<

Teinixlolihqdaa, ei sen surkeempaa, Pho3nix :p

Pho3nix
05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
They are. Swedes are good too, but you can't beat the Norwegian meat. Finnish women suck. Especially the teens >.<

Teinixlolihqdaa, ei sen surkeempaa, Pho3nix :p
True ^^

Sakkolihaa.

TiE23
05-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Wish that school was just over. I don't want to deal with the absolute torrent of crap I'm going to have to do in the next three weeks. A five page essay, a final project, poem to memorize, read LotR in two weeks, write eight more mini-essays, study for half a dozen large tests, memorize every Amendment of the Constitution, about 120 questions of statistics at 5 to 10 minutes each long, a presentation, a thank-you note, a video to shoot and edit, and any homework, notes, quizes, tests, etc that come up randomly...

Pie™
05-09-2008, 09:09 PM
you can't beat the Norwegian meat. Indeed, just keep trying though. :naughty:

IG-64
05-10-2008, 01:53 AM
^ I don't even want to know what that means.

DarthAve
05-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Alright...so it didn't rain and I got to mascot: Wish successful.

New wish: I wish that the last day of school in a few weeks isn't total crap. and that I don't cry like the past few years....

Black Knight of Keno
05-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Indeed, just keep trying though. :naughty:

MMMMPIE :naughty:

IG-64
05-12-2008, 06:30 AM
I wish I had a microwave that converted everything into delicious freshly-made restaurant food.

Lorden Darkblade
05-12-2008, 01:31 PM
I wish I had a microwave that converted everything into delicious freshly-made restaurant food.

Ooohhhh...
That would be very good!!!!

PR-0927
05-12-2008, 08:38 PM
I wish I am able to make it through this week successfully, and learn to manage my time effectively (which means that I feel confident in my usage of study time and that I studied well for everything).

I also wish I get an A on this last CS&E quiz I took. For being such an extreme computer geek, I do poorly on these quizzes (Microsoft Office Excel/Access 2007 stuff which you can learn in one second, but is presented in the worst way on these quizzes - the questions must have been written by someone who didn't know English...).

I also wish that I find some gal for myself...or that a previous gal opens up her mind on dating issues (she won't date non-Christians...).

- PR-0927

IG-64
05-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I'll throw mine in there: I wish I get in A in all of my classes since I tried so dang hard all semester.
Wish granted. *does self-appreciation dance*

Kjølen
05-12-2008, 09:47 PM

You spoil the finesse of microwave cooking by knowing decent restaurants.

BongoBob
05-12-2008, 10:30 PM
You spoil the finesse of microwave cooking by knowing decent restaurants.

Quoted for awesome.

Pho3nix
05-13-2008, 06:39 AM
...or that a previous gal opens up her mind on dating issues (she won't date non-Christians...).
...what? >_>

I wish I could get some action this summer without being drunk.

Pie™
05-13-2008, 03:08 PM
she won't date non-Christians... Are you serious?

:lol:

MrWally
05-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I know plenty of people like that.

I understand how you must feel, but I think I can sympathize this one here. Christianity, for most people, is more than just a religion - its a lifestyle, and they want to be in a relationship with someone who holds a similar lifestyle and philosophy.

PR-0927
05-13-2008, 08:59 PM
I know plenty of people like that.

I understand how you must feel, but I think I can sympathize this one here. Christianity, for most people, is more than just a religion - its a lifestyle, and they want to be in a relationship with someone who holds a similar lifestyle and philosophy.

I too know several like this. I can understand her, but I am staunchly against such ways of thinking. IMO, if you think like her you are in reality afraid to confront a fear, and unwilling to fight an "obstacle" and try something new, which (again, IMO), makes you a much lesser person.

But in reality, even if she did learn to think correctly (because, regardless of if everyone on the planet is against my on this - that is a bad and incorrect way of thinking), I haven't socialized enough with her since last year, and I had given up earlier (stopped feeling "it"), yet I'd jump up at any possibility of something between us.

- PR-0927