PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] K1 Legion of the Deadeye

e-varmint
06-23-2008, 07:16 PM
I'm still in "silly mode". This one is going to be a 1-module quickie that triggers during normal gameplay. Somewhere I can find an appropriate static door. Not Tatooine. There are going to be Deadeye Duncan clones, and lots of 'em. And they will probably want to eat your brains.

Other possible titles: Army of the DeadEye. Night of the Living Deadeye. Dawn of the DeadEye. DeadEye Outcasts. DeadEye Academy. You get the picture.......

Of course, there will be some sort of skull-on-a-stick weapon. And the Armor of The Dead!

http://www.e-varmint.net/ArmorOfTheDead.html

Deadeye Arena On Korriban

http://www.e-varmint.net/korarena44.jpg

This is the basic deadeye layout. I will concoct an appropriate script to create others as these get killed off.

Korriban Outdoor Cantina:
http://www.e-varmint.net/kor-cant1.jpg
http://www.e-varmint.net/kor-cant2.jpg

-

Sithspecter
06-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh, boy! I have an idea for you, though, I'll give you a PM...

e-varmint
06-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Oh, boy! I have an idea for you, though, I'll give you a PM...

Man, oh man, what an idea! I'm not going to give it away, but I Love It!

EnderWiggin
06-23-2008, 08:33 PM

*sings* Secrets secrets are no fun.... */sings*

_EW_

Sithspecter
06-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I think this one's worth waiting for.

Mandalore The Shadow
06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey i can make the armor for you if you want

Sithspecter
06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
E-varmit's already working on the armor.

e-varmint
06-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Hey i can make the armor for you if you want

If you would like to contribute an armor of some type, feel free! The only one that I am making is the AoTD

E-varmit's already working on the armor.

Indeed I am! Here is the Concept Armor Of The Dead:

http://www.e-varmint.net/ArmorOfTheDead.html

I'll make the final version darker, and probably add more pattern to the red areas.

It has a rakghoul-skin underlay.

Mandalore The Shadow
06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
oh ok. oh well at least i have an idea for a new armor now

Darth Payne
06-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow, Varmint.

I like that armor a lot, and it's not even finished yet.

e-varmint
06-23-2008, 09:01 PM
oh ok. oh well at least i have an idea for a new armor now

You can make something besides the AoTD, if you like. Anyone else who wants to make something is also welcome to do so.

Wow, Varmint.

I like that armor a lot, and it's not even finished yet.

Thanks! I have a "template" for class90xx, so I can crank 'em out. I still need to make the female template, though.

Mandalore The Shadow
06-23-2008, 09:06 PM
i am going to make a black armor with bones on the arm body and leg plates and have a scale undarlay

e-varmint
06-23-2008, 09:11 PM
i am going to make a black armor with bones on the arm body and leg plates and have a scale undarlay

Schweeet!

PM me or post a screenshot when it is done. I am in no hurry to release this, so I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to finish anything that they may wish to contribute.

Of course, I will make sure to give the appropriate credits at the TOP of the readmefile and release post!

Mandalore The Shadow
06-23-2008, 09:25 PM
ok im starting now if this comes out with your mod can i also release it in the pack im working on?

MacTavish
06-23-2008, 09:54 PM

Hmm does it have anything to do with Gerlon Twofingers?

Sithspecter
06-23-2008, 09:57 PM
No.

e-varmint
06-23-2008, 10:12 PM
ok im starting now if this comes out with your mod can i also release it in the pack im working on?

Of course! It is your intellectual property even if it is included in another mod.

Mandalore The Shadow
06-24-2008, 08:30 AM
thanks

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
Just as a reminder to the various folks who were/are contributing to this mod, let me know if anyone is still interesting in adding any custom items.

Edit: I moved the picture to the first post.

Canderis
07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice area dude! im downloading this! Wait witch door on koriban is it? the one accross form the zerka office? please not be it!

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice area dude! im downloading this! Wait witch door on koriban is it? the one accross form the zerka office? please not be it!

Not that door, RedHawke uses it in one of his mods. The actual trigger is under wraps until the release. So are the deadeyes.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm interested. I just need to figure out what it is that the item will be. Any suggestions?

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm interested. I just need to figure out what it is that the item will be. Any suggestions?

Anything that does not require the alteration of a .2da file. Armors and robes are always popular. A Lightsaber Of The Dead might not be a bad idea. What types of items have you made in the past, and what do you enjoy making?

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 11:04 PM
Heres a link to the only mod that i released.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Saber_New_Robe_and_Party_Member_Skins;88575
It was my first one and it wasn't very good, but I must say I have gotten better.

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Heres a link to the only mod that i released.
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Saber_New_Robe_and_Party_Member_Skins;88575
It was my first one and it wasn't very good, but I must say I have gotten better.

I like it! How did you make the black lightsaber? Something like that would be perfect.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 11:11 PM
I would have to go back and look it over... I can make another for Kotor if you would like.

Ferc Kast
07-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Now that I have your attention, let me know if anyone is still interesting in adding any custom items.

Wow, that looks very cool.

If you're interested, I've got some things up my sleeve that haven't seen the light. ;)

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 11:16 PM
I would have to go back and look it over... I can make another for Kotor if you would like.

Sounds good to me! I don't make lightsabers, so this will be a welcome addition.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Ok. I will get on it when I get off of here. I do my mod making on a different computer in my room.

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
If you're interested, I've got some things up my sleeve that haven't seen the light. ;)

I would be very interested, indeed. The more items, the better!

Of course, everyone gets prominent credit when it is released.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Any other lightsabers you want me to make. I made this lightsaber that was two colored and had a nice looking blade on it. here http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/HinataHyugaLover/AmbersLightsaber.jpg

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Any other lightsabers you want me to make. I made this lightsaber that was two colored and had a nice looking blade on it. here http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/HinataHyugaLover/AmbersLightsaber.jpg

Now that's interesting! If you want to make another one, I'll be more than happy to include it. It reminds me of one I saw somewhere that had a red blade on one end and a blue blade on the other end.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 11:33 PM
i wish i knew how to do tht

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 11:38 PM
i wish i knew how to do tht

I think you can do it with mdlops 5.0. Take a red doublesaber and replace one of the texture names with the one from the blue saber. I don't think it can be upgraded, though. I'll experiment with it in the morning and see of I'm giving you correct information.

ps Don't let the rude comments from your first mod discourage you.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Ok thanks... maybe I can make a double blade with a red and blue blade on one side and a black one on the other

EDIT: I may put a new robe and probably a new Sith Armor, the underlay will be different just need to figure out what.

e-varmint
07-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Ok thanks... maybe I can make a double blade with a red and blue blade on one side and a black one on the other

Perfect! I'll make sure to fool with a doublesaber to verify my theory. I'll post the result here or PM you tomorrow afternoon US EST. Well, off to bed.....

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-21-2008, 11:53 PM
Where can I get MDLops 5.0?

EDIT: And if you're right I will make sure to do Red/Blue, Red/Green, Red/Yellow, and probably Purple/Green.

Darth Atris
07-22-2008, 02:48 AM
i suppose i could do a skin for you i do gimp which is quite good software just tell me how to export a skin

found it out will do a decaying zombie armour

Marius Fett
07-22-2008, 04:43 AM
You just have to save it as a 32 bit Targa. (.tga)

Darth Atris
07-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Made a armour skin will send in pm later

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 07:56 AM
Where can I get MDLops 5.0?

EDIT: And if you're right I will make sure to do Red/Blue, Red/Green, Red/Yellow, and probably Purple/Green.

mdlops link:
http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html

If you change these planes to blue in the w_dblsbr_002 model

You get this:

http://www.e-varmint.net/blue-red-dsaber.jpg

I named my test saber w_dblsbr_040 (.mdl and .mdx).

It has to be non-upgradeable. If someone changes the color crystal, it screws it up.

I'll PM you later today with specific instructions on how to do this.

Made a armour skin will send in pm later

Excellent! I look forward to seeing it!

Darth Atris
07-22-2008, 08:16 AM
I cant find the armour skins

ForeverNight
07-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Open up the ERF's section in Kotor Tool--->KotOR1

Then, open up TexturePacks.

After that, open up the one that has TPA in the title... it should be the very top one...

Then, finally, open up "p" in there and look for whatever looks like an armor skin to you, export it, and take a look at 'er in Photoshop or The GIMP.

Hope this helps!

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 11:30 AM
mdlops link:

You get this:

http://www.e-varmint.net/blue-red-dsaber.jpg

It has to be non-upgradeable. If someone changes the color crystal, it screws it up.

Ok, I will await you're PM. I will get started on the armor and robe while I wait.

Canderis
07-22-2008, 11:44 AM
e-varmint you should make a tutorial on how to make half and half sabers.

jediTJrocks
07-22-2008, 12:02 PM
dude i have a cool idea for you, i'll pm it to you

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 12:16 PM

I think that is what he is going to do, if he doesn't then I will because he is going to teach me how to.

dude i have a cool idea for you, i'll pm it to you

What's your idea?

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 02:39 PM

I'm making one for SuperSaiyanZolo, but I'm not going to release it to the public until after the mod has been released.

EnderWiggin
07-22-2008, 02:59 PM
mdlops link:

You get this:

{snip}

Excellent! I look forward to seeing it!

...Back in the olden days we just hex edited the model and changed half the references to a different color in order to make it half-and-half.

Is that not how you youngins do it?

_EW_

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 03:24 PM

Is that not how you youngins do it?

_EW_

Who you callin' "youngin"? I played pong when it first came out...........

Hex editing will work just as well.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 03:38 PM

-

You guys will have to explain this to me.

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 03:46 PM
You guys will have to explain this to me.

If you know what "pong" is, or have actually played it, you are OLD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong

Some would argue "too old to be fooling around in gaming forums"

I say Pah!

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 03:49 PM
If you know what "pong" is, or have actually played it, you are OLD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pong

-

I know what pong is, I meant the Hex Editing thing, I'm not understanding how to go about changing it the way described.

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 03:50 PM
I know what pong is, I meant the Hex Editing thing, I'm not understanding how to go about changing it the way described.

In about 20 min, the tutorial will be done. It will all make sense when you read it.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
In about 20 min, the tutorial will be done. It will all make sense when you read it.

Cool you can email it to me, just PM me and I will give you my email, we can keep in touch better that way.

EnderWiggin
07-22-2008, 03:59 PM

-

I would even wager that it's a better way to do it :D

And you're a forum youngin whether you like it or not ;)

_EW_

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 04:20 PM
I would even wager that it's a better way to do it :D

And you're a forum youngin whether you like it or not ;)

_EW_

I defer to your wisdom on both counts.

Maybe I'll add hex-editing to the tutorial.

It covers the .uti and GUI icon also.

-

Darth Atris
07-22-2008, 05:14 PM
You will get your armour and weapon tomorrow

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 05:48 PM
You will get your armour and weapon tomorrow

No hurry. It will take a week or so to tweak the new area. I originally had the deadeyes in a copy of the Hidden Bek base, so I have to reposition them.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 06:04 PM
The sabers will be in the beta testing stage within two to three days

EnderWiggin
07-22-2008, 06:11 PM
I defer to your wisdom on both counts.

Maybe I'll add hex-editing to the tutorial.

It covers the .uti and GUI icon also.

-

That would be cool - I don't think some of the newer users even know what a hex editor is :xp:

I'm looking forward to reading it.

_EW_

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
That would be cool - I don't think some of the newer users even know what a hex editor is :xp:

I'm looking forward to reading it.

_EW_

My favorite is Cygnus Hex Editor-Free Version. It does everything I need. I actually use it quite a bit when I make new areas (the old way, where I copy an existing one and retexture it).

The sabers will be in the beta testing stage within the week

Excellent!!!

Now we need a Team Name.

Is there already a Team Deadeye?

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't think so... I think it should be something like Team Varmint!

EnderWiggin
07-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Now we need a Team Name that isn't just like all the others.

Fixed ;)

_EW_

Darth Atris
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Team Duncan i say

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Fixed ;)

_EW_

I am not quite sure that I fully appreciate your meaning, sir. Are you disparaging my choice of words in the referenced post?

I don't think so... I think it should be something like Team Varmint!

Team Duncan i say

Let's make the official choices Team Deadeye, Team Varmint, or Team Duncan. Whichever proves most popular gets the nod.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
This is all up to our fearless leader e-varmint, that's why I chose Team Varmint for the name because this was originally his idea, we just contribute to it.

Darth Atris
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
I chose duncan because this features dead eye duncan

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
A little off topic here, but how do you play kotor in like a window like when you run like internet explorer or something like that

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 07:28 PM
I'll pick one pf the three choices the day before the mod is released. I have no particular preference, as long as it does not duplicate an existing name.

A little off topic here, but how do you play kotor in like a window like when you run like internet explorer or something like that

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143299&highlight=windowed

EnderWiggin
07-22-2008, 09:16 PM
I am not quite sure that I fully appreciate your meaning, sir. Are you disparaging my choice of words in the referenced post?
-
Oh, no :(

I wasn't trying to be insulting - just trying to say that you need a team name that's better than "Team [INSERT SPECIES]."

I think that Team Varmint and Team Deadeye are both good names.

:)

_EW_

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Oh, no :(

I wasn't trying to be insulting - just trying to say that you need a team name that's better than "Team [INSERT SPECIES]."

I think that Team Varmint and Team Deadeye are both good names.

:)

_EW_

My sense of humor has been causing me some issues today. I keep coming across as being irritated, when I am actually being silly(ish). I was envisioning John Cleese in a Monty Python skit when I wrote that.

EnderWiggin
07-22-2008, 09:57 PM
My sense of humor has been causing me some issues today. I keep coming across as being irritated, when I am actually being silly(ish). I was envisioning John Cleese in a Monty Python skit when I wrote that.

Oh :lol:

That's much different then.

_EW_

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm having trouble... With the lightsabers... I'm trying to make it so that one side is black and then the other side is re and yellow, and so on, and when I follow your tutorial it shows up as still the red double blade. If you could figure it out for me can you. I'm gonna try hex editing it to work but I'm not sure if that will work.

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm having trouble... With the lightsabers... I'm trying to make it so that one side is black and then the other side is re and yellow, and so on, and when I follow your tutorial it shows up as still the red double blade. If you could figure it out for me can you. I'm gonna try hex editing it to work but I'm not sure if that will work.

Well, I don't understand how to make a black one, since black is supposed to show up as transparent. Have you tried doing just the red and blue to make sure that there are no errors in the tutorial?

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Well, I don't understand how to make a black one, since black is supposed to show up as transparent. Have you tried doing just the red and blue to make sure that there are no errors in the tutorial?

No I have not... But I will do so after my test of trying it with Hex, if I can do it right...

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 11:11 PM
No I have not... But I will do so after my test of trying it with Hex, if I can do it right...

I was able to get the 2-colored blade to work with mdlops. If you are using a texture to create the 2-colored effect, try substituting the texture name for w_lsabrered01 in the appropriate places.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Gotcha... How about i do the black blade, like make the blade and then send it to you with the other textures and you can finish them.

e-varmint
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Gotcha... How about i do the black blade, like make the blade and then send it to you with the other textures and you can finish them.

I just figured out how to do the black blade. Send me the other textures and I'll see what I can do.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-22-2008, 11:46 PM
I just figured out how to do the black blade. Send me the other textures and I'll see what I can do.

Shall do... Just have to make the textures...

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey varmint, pm me your email so I can send you the textures.

Drunkside
07-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Oh yarr this is just too great.... I wanna be a part of this as well!!! What do you need? how about a sword? I dont think anybody has made them for this mod yet? And... Well i havent done anything but robes myself so far, but i guess that making a sword is pretty similar. It would be just a reskin, since i really suck with modeling and i have no idea on how to get them working in-game... Well i suck with skinning as well LoL:p But anyways, i could make a vibrosword that looks abit like the armor of the dead. good idea, bad idea?

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-23-2008, 02:10 PM
I think it would be a good-ish idea... I don't honestly know how to reskin vibroblades, like get the texture to work ingame. The vibroblade would be cool... not sure how you would make it look similar to the Armor of the Dead.

Darth Atris
07-23-2008, 02:32 PM
E varmint you will get the sunflare robe skin asap and the sword of living dead

e-varmint
07-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Hey varmint, pm me your email so I can send you the textures.

Done

............i could make a vibrosword that looks abit like the armor of the dead. good idea, bad idea?

Color-coordinated weaponry is always a good idea!:)

E varmint you will get the sunflare robe skin asap and the sword of living dead

I'll PM you with my e-mail. Again, no need to rush. We have at least a week.:wid:

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-23-2008, 05:57 PM
There sent. I am working on the armor now... And the robe. Should be done by tomorrow evening. If not friday morning.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Almost done with the robe texture. I will post a screen shot soon..

e-varmint
07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
The "inner child" has spoken:

http://www.e-varmint.net/evi001.png Team Cyberpantz

And so it shall be.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Sent email... Still need to work on robe though. I would like your opinion on it though Varmint. Tell me what it needs.

e-varmint
07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Sent email... Still need to work on robe though. I would like your opinion on it though Varmint. Tell me what it needs.

I have an idea, but I'll have to play around with it first. I usually do robes by tetexturing the .tga. I have not played with them in gmax.

By the way, did you have any luck with the saber tutorial? If something is amiss, I need to make corrections before I release it.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I have an idea, but I'll have to play around with it first. I usually do robes by tetexturing the .tga. I have not played with them in gmax.

That is what I did, but I opened it in Gmax to see how it looked

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 12:55 AM
That is what I did, but I opened it in Gmax to see how it looked

My idea is not going to work. I was going to add something to the model, but it would change every PMBIL robe in the game. I do not have any suggestions other than this:

No matter what a modder does, someone is going to complain about it. Therefore, make something that you like, and don't worry too much about other peoples' tastes.

-

Drunkside
07-24-2008, 04:10 AM
Hmm what kind of stats are these items going to have? Should i make the sword like super item or just good?

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Hmm what kind of stats are these items going to have? Should i make the sword like super item or just good?

I would say 7 on a 1-10 scale.

Drunkside
07-24-2008, 06:06 AM
Im almost ready with the sword, but im having some problems finding the aurora base... heh. But anyways i think the best name for the mod is "The Night Of The Living Deadeye"... Though its good only if it will take place during night:p

Darth Atris
07-24-2008, 06:10 AM
People you will be getting some new screens very soon

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 06:31 AM
People you will be getting some new screens very soon

Darth Atris's Mandalorian escapes from his coffin in the Anchorhead mortuary and ruthlessly slaughters the unsuspecting citizens of Tatooine:

http://www.e-varmint.net/da-mand01.html

Oh. The Humanity!

-

Darth Atris
07-24-2008, 06:36 AM
It looks so good ingame

Drunkside
07-24-2008, 06:57 AM
So yes im sooooooooooo colose to finishing it that you will get it tomorrow if everything goes fine. e-Varmint, you should propably write your email address here somewhere so that its easy to send the ready files to you.

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 09:09 AM
........ email address .........

I sent it to you via PM.

Drunkside
07-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes i noticed that... Since you have some modeling experience, is it normal to have a "sanity check failure" when extracting models from gmax? I get it every time i extract the model. The other thing is that even though i have gotten the sword in-game its totally white... This drives me crazy!!!!!

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Yes i noticed that... Since you have some modeling experience, is it normal to have a "sanity check failure" when extracting models from gmax? I get it every time i extract the model. The other thing is that even though i have gotten the sword in-game its totally white... This drives me crazy!!!!!

I get the "sanity check" error every time I export something, so I ignore it. I have no idea what it means. The white texture means that the game can't find your texture. It usually happens to me when I forget to change the Model Variation number in the .uti, or put the .tga in the Modules folder by mistake, or something similar.

Darth Atris
07-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Hey evarmint can you send me the green mandolorian armour files so i can use it ingame as a armour

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey evarmint can you send me the green mandolorian armour files so i can use it ingame as a armour

Done. Put the .tga and .uti in Override, give yourself g_a_class9041.

@SSZ: I got the files you sent.

Just so everyone knows, I am going to equip the Deadeyes with some of the custom items, and leave others in a footlocker or something. How much of which depends on how many Deadeyes I end up putting in the arena.

-

Darth Atris
07-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I want the skins i contributed In a footlocker and on the deadeyes

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-24-2008, 03:51 PM

Just so everyone knows, I am going to equip the Deadeyes with some of the custom items, and leave others in a footlocker or something. How much of which depends on how many Deadeyes I end up putting in the arena.

-

Thanks for letting me know that you got them. I was thinking I might have to resend them, are the sabers working?

Are any of my items going to be used by the Deadeyes? I was thinking we should have some sith/jedi Deadeyes. They could be quite a bit stronger than the others or just a little.

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks for letting me know that you got them. I was thinking I might have to resend them, are the sabers working?

Are any of my items going to be used by the Deadeyes? I was thinking we should have some sith/jedi Deadeyes. They could be quite a bit stronger than the others or just a little.

:DDeadeye The Jedi. Snirk!

OK, serious business at hand. The deadeyes are going to occur in a group, so they can't be too strong. Who gets what depends on our testing (that's right, you guys get to test it out soon!). Since we cannot predict the order in which players visit Korriban vs the other planets, I am inclined towards medium-strength deadeyes.

I'll try and get something for you to play with this weekend, and you can all let me know what you think on Monday.

ps I'll try out the sabers and the 2nd mandalorian skin tonight.

-

ForeverNight
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Hmmm.... Well, I would put the Deadeyes on the strong-ish medium side, since most players (I think) try to avoid Korriban (Sp?) until the end... until Bastila is gone, since she's useless on Korriban...

So, my two cents, put the Deadeyes on the stronger side of medium instead of the weaker.

Canderis
07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
i got a name for the mod "Attack of the dead(eye)"

Mandalore The Shadow
07-24-2008, 07:49 PM
hey i would like to join the team i can skin and a few other things i think it should be Team DeadEye if you want my opinion

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 08:58 PM
hey i would like to join the team i can skin and a few other things i think it should be Team DeadEye if you want my opinion

You're in! I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Maybe we'll use Team Deadeye on this site and Team Cyberpantz on KotorFiles. Maybe I'll think of something even worse.:)

Hmmm.... Well, I would put the Deadeyes on the strong-ish medium side, since most players (I think) try to avoid Korriban (Sp?) until the end...

That's true. Many use KSE to pick up some extra abilities, too. Hey, If you happen to have a Korriban saved game, can you do me the huge favor of letting me know how many experience points you have? It would really help me out!

i got a name for the mod "Attack of the dead(eye)"

After 111 posts, I'm afraid Legion Of The Deadeye has already become synonymous with the mod. The TSL version (if there is one) will have a different name.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Hmmm.... I have a thought about the Deadeyes... Well you said they will come in waves, so they are going to need a leader of each wave, so I am thinking, depending on how many are on this team, we each have a showing in the mod itself. They have to fight us, but we are jedi, each with a version of my sabers. Each saber can be called the name of the person you fought. Like E-varmint's saber, or SuperSaiyanZolo's saber. We each wear our items that we made, and so on. Just an idea. Its all up to you varmint.

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Hmmm.... I have a thought about the Deadeyes... Well you said they will come in waves, so they are going to need a leader of each wave, so I am thinking, depending on how many are on this team, we each have a showing in the mod itself. They have to fight us, but we are jedi, each with a version of my sabers. Each saber can be called the name of the person you fought. Like E-varmint's saber, or SuperSaiyanZolo's saber. We each wear our items that we made, and so on. Just an idea. Its all up to you varmint.

My only concern with that is:

Other players may consider the mod "cliquish" and not download it. I like the idea in principle, but those type of mods work better when they are set up to have personalized items at the start.

We ought to get together and do a Holowan Labs mod after this one is done. It has been a while since the last one, and it would be a lot of fun to do. In fact, I can't recall if the last one ever got finished. I'm up for it if anyone else is.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
My only concern with that is:

Other players may consider the mod "cliquish" and not download it. I like the idea in principle, but those type of mods work better when they are set up to have personalized items at the start.

We ought to get together and do a Holowan Labs mod after this one is done. It has been a while since the last one, and it would be a lot of fun to do. In fact, I can't recall if the last one ever got finished. I'm up for it if anyone else is.

-

Count me in, I'm gonna need it, too much drama in my life right now, so I need something to keep my mind busy.

Canderis
07-24-2008, 11:09 PM
Is there anything i can do for this mod? (my only strong point is .2da editing but i can do some other things)

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Is there anything i can do for this mod? (my only strong point is .2da editing but i can do some other things)

Depends on what it is that you want to do...

Canderis
07-24-2008, 11:13 PM
well i dont kow if im good enough to help with this mod.... i have reskinned stuff but only changed the color ive never added details.

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-24-2008, 11:15 PM
well i dont kow if im good enough to help with this mod.... i have reskinned stuff but only changed the color ive never added details.

Same with me, adding the details to my skin was a brand new thing to me, but you just have to have confidence in yourself and hope for the best. You just have to try.

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Count me in, I'm gonna need it, too much drama in my life right now, so I need something to keep my mind busy.

Go ahead and start a WIP thread. It will be a prime opportunity to learn a great deal about modding in a short period of time!

Now that you mention it, the mod would benefit from new appearance lines for DA's mandalorians. These are the helmeted kind, and will overwrite the ones in the game if we do not have .2da modifications.

I guess this is my chance to learn the TSL Patcher. It can't be that hard.:)

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Go ahead and start a WIP thread. It will be a great opportunity to learn a great deal about modding in a short period of time!

Now that you mention it, the mod would benefit from new appearance lines for DA's mandalorians. These are the helmeted kind, and will overwrite the ones in the game if we do not have .2da modifications.

I guess this is my chance to learn the TSL Patcher. It can't be that hard.:)

-

1. Is starting a [WIP] thread the same as starting any other thread.
2. When I tried using the TSL Patcher I had no idea what I was doing... You may have to explain it to me if you figure it out.

Canderis
07-24-2008, 11:19 PM
im good with tsl patcher i can do that

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 11:26 PM
im good with tsl patcher i can do that

:D:D:D!!Perfect!!:D:D:D

I'll PM you with my e-mail

-

Canderis
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
alright.
do you still need me to do the .2da editing?

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 11:40 PM
alright.
do you still need me to do the .2da editing?

It's up do you. If you want to do it, it's all yours. I won't have a list of .2da edits until Monday, though.

-

Canderis
07-24-2008, 11:42 PM
well email me them when you get them i cant work this weekend anyways

e-varmint
07-24-2008, 11:45 PM
well email me them when you get them i cant work this weekend anyways

Well, I hope you can play:), because I'm going to send you the Beta.

Canderis
07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
i might.... depends when beta is finished

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Woo-Hoo, Beta Testing!!! Can't wait. Where is it that we are going to have to go to get to the arena?

Canderis
07-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Where is it that we are going to have to go to get to the arena?
i cant understand you lol

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Woo-Hoo, Beta Testing!!! Can't wait. Where is it that we are going to have to go to get to the arena?

I was thinking of taking the little room from Czerka Commando that replaces the Endire Spire and adapting it for the beta. A script will give the player a bunch of experience points, and there is a locker that I can put some items in. This way, all you will have to do is start a new game.

Canderis
07-25-2008, 12:06 AM
no affence but i dont use your czerka commando mod (i got it downloaded tho)

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 12:13 AM
no affence but i dont use your czerka commando mod (i got it downloaded tho)

No offense taken. The room just makes it easy to get into the mod for people who do not know how to use the cheat console. You can also warp into the new module. Either method will work.

Canderis
07-25-2008, 12:15 AM
ok ill warp then

Darth Atris
07-25-2008, 07:13 AM
Cant wait for beta

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Cant wait for beta

Instead of e-mailing the beta, I'll just post a download link in this thread. It may attract some other participants. Sometime this evening, US Eastern time.

Mandalore The Shadow
07-25-2008, 09:18 AM
i could do apearance.2da editing and skin speaking or the czerka commando i have just made a heavy armor with czerka symols and ranks and need a use for it here it is:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1156
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1155

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 09:24 AM
i could do apearance.2da editing and skin speaking or the czerka commando i have just made a heavy armor with czerka symols and ranks and need a use for it

Great! E-mail it to me and I'll get it into the beta!

Mandalore The Shadow
07-25-2008, 09:25 AM
ok just let me make the .utc file

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
ok just let me make the .utc file

No hurry, I'll be away for about 6 hours. Any time before 4pm US Eastern will work. I'll try to have the beta done by about 8:00.

Mandalore The Shadow
07-25-2008, 11:52 AM
ok i sent it to you

Drunkside
07-25-2008, 01:38 PM
ITS WORKING!!!! IIIITSSSSS WOOORKKIIIINNGGGG!!!!!! Damn it drove me mad, but now it works... sending it over right now :D:D:D:D:D:D Do you likesss it??? Smeagol be crazy now precious but happy that he got it ready... It even hassssss a shader:p

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 02:39 PM
ITS WORKING!!!! IIIITSSSSS WOOORKKIIIINNGGGG!!!!!! Damn it drove me mad, but now it works... sending it over right now :D:D:D:D:D:D Do you likesss it??? Smeagol be crazy now precious but happy that he got it ready... It even hassssss a shader:p

That's just toooo funny!:lol: I got the files (g_w_vbroswrd15)

@ DH: Got yours too.

I'll be back when the beta is ready.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-25-2008, 07:04 PM
sent it tga

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Here is the beta:
http://www.e-varmint.net/m02as-01.jpg

Items included so far:
SSZ: Mulit-sabers and Krayat Robe
DA: Green Mandalorian Armor
DS: Sword of the Dead

I ran out of time before I could get all of the items in.

Download:

http://www.e-varmint.net/tar_m02as.zip

Installation:

Put all of the files in the Override directory in your
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override

Check your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\modules
directory to see if there is already an end_m01aa.mod. If there is, move it somewhere so that you do not overwrite it. Put it back when you are done with the beta. **end_m01aa.erf is a game file, do not move it**

Put the files from the Modules folder in your
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\modules

**If you are going to warp into the new module, do not put end_m01aa.mod in your modules folder. You only need tar_m02as.mod**

Start a new game as a Soldier. Instead of starting on the Endar Spire, you will be in a small room. You will get 52000 experience points, which will let you level up to Level 10. Make sure to get all of the items from the footlocker and save the game before you leave the room. The door will take you to the Deadeye Arena.

Once you have killed off the 7 deadeyes, the beta is over. There will, of course, be more than 7 in the full version.

Remove the end_m01aa.mod before you start a new normal game.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey I have a better skin of my robe... The color resembles the color on the jedi malak model... Thats where the skin for the boots came from. If you want it, varmint, just email me.

Mandalore The Shadow
07-25-2008, 07:36 PM
im gonna try it in a little bit

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-25-2008, 07:55 PM
It was fun. Can't wait for the real one. You should give some of the Deadeyes force powers.

Darth Atris
07-26-2008, 03:13 AM
Its recogniseing the module files as music files

Drunkside
07-26-2008, 05:14 AM
I dont really like the idea of the empty room-levelup thing... Why dont you just add an npc to Korriban that will take the player to the arena when you talk to him? Also, the Krayt Dragon armor needs a remake... 25 def bonus??? come on... And i think it should have more unified colors too... Now it has like 5 different colors of dragin skin... my next complaint is that this is waaaaaaayyyyy too easy... Want to know how many times i was hit by the deadeyes? 0... They all died in two rounds and proved no challenge at all... Hopefully these things will be changed in the final version. Furthermore, I think im going to create a new skin for the sword, im really not happy at the markings on the blade, they shouldnt have looked like that.

Good things: I loved the axe... and the whole idea becouse its so stupid:p just some improvements to the things i mentioned and this will go into my override to stay there forevah!!!!

Drunkside
07-26-2008, 06:21 AM
I also sent in an update on my sword so that it no longer looks as crappy... its just the tga file, no updates done on the sword itself(which i think is fairly well balanced).

e-varmint
07-26-2008, 07:36 AM
I dont really like the idea of the empty room-levelup thing... Why dont you just add an npc to Korriban that will take the player to the arena when you talk to him? Also, the Krayt Dragon armor needs a remake... 25 def bonus??? come on... And i think it should have more unified colors too... Now it has like 5 different colors of dragin skin... my next complaint is that this is waaaaaaayyyyy too easy... Want to know how many times i was hit by the deadeyes? 0... They all died in two rounds and proved no challenge at all... Hopefully these things will be changed in the final version. Furthermore, I think im going to create a new skin for the sword, im really not happy at the markings on the blade, they shouldnt have looked like that.

Good things: I loved the axe... and the whole idea becouse its so stupid:p just some improvements to the things i mentioned and this will go into my override to stay there forevah!!!!

The room is only there for beta testing purposes. I'll use an existing NCP dialog to trigger the final version.

We only get to see the first wave of deadeyes in this. Trust me, it will be plenty hard when there are seven of them attacking you at one time, and they all have your sword:)

Let's not start arguing amongst ourselves regarding the appearance of the items. We have different levels of experience, and different personal tastes.

-

Drunkside
07-26-2008, 07:42 AM
But i thought that beta testing is for bug finding and mentioning things like that:D And I was just trying to give constructive critic(ehh is that spelled right?) no harm meant. But the 25 def bonus has to be lowered... first of all, it only gives 10 defence and the defence giving force powers are not working... And btw did you get the new skin for the sword?

e-varmint
07-26-2008, 07:50 AM
But i thought that beta testing is for bug finding and mentioning things like that:D And I was just trying to give constructive critic(ehh is that spelled right?) no harm meant. But the 25 def bonus has to be lowered... first of all, it only gives 10 defence and the defence giving force powers are not working... And btw did you get the new skin for the sword?

I'm not disagreeing about the defense bonus at all. I just don't want you guys starting a flame war over how each other's items look:)

I got the new sword skin. I'll plug it into the second beta version, which will have more deadeyes to fight.

I am also considering adding the other part of the module that this one was created from (the cantina). The player would go from Korriban to the arena, then to the new cantina. The mod should have more than just the arena to justify an 8mb download.

I do not intend to come across as being difficult, I just woke up and am woefully short on caffeine.

Its recogniseing the module files as music files

I have seen this somewhere before, but I can't find the thread that it was in. I believe that all you have to do is change the file extension back to .mod.

-

Darth Atris
07-26-2008, 08:07 AM
ok will do that

e-varmint
07-26-2008, 08:37 AM
ok will do that

I sure hope it works, because I still can't find the original thread where I saw the issue.

OK folks, I have caffiene now. Aploogies again if I seemed difficult in my earlier post.

Here is the Fixit List. I'll come back to this post and edit it as other items are added.

1. Balance the item stats.-done
2. More and/or Harder Deadeyes.-done
3. Add Cantina.-done
4. Add something outside the arena door.-done
5. Fix the "Auto Party Member" thingy.-done
-

Drunkside
07-26-2008, 10:29 AM
It recognized them as movie clips with me but i just decided to try if they work, and they worked.

I think ill try to actually model a lightsaber for this mod too, well see if it works then:p

((EDIT)Nope, cant do... I cant understand svösh:s tutorial about modeling saber hilts... SRY)

e-varmint
07-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Here is a script to save in your modding reference:

int StartingConditional()
{

if (GetIsDead(GetObjectByTag("ev_deadeye001")) &&
GetIsDead(GetObjectByTag("ev_deadeye002")) &&
GetIsDead(GetObjectByTag("ev_deadeye003")) &&
GetIsDead(GetObjectByTag("ev_deadeye004")) &&
GetIsDead(GetObjectByTag("ev_deadeye005")) &&
GetIsDead(GetObjectByTag("ev_deadeye006")) &&
GetIsDead(GetObjectByTag("ev_deadeye007")))

{
return TRUE;
}

return FALSE;

}

It enables a new dialog line only after all seven of the original deadeyes are dead.

Now I can add the "Activate Multiple Deadeyes" line in the computer dialog that will spawn two or three Deadeyes at once.

When those are dead, the "Activate ALL Deadeyes" line will appear. The Deadeyes will get progressively stronger as well.

Edit: I added a couple of Cantina screenshots to the first post. I hope to have Beta 2 out in a couple of days.

-

Drunkside
07-28-2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah I really like the cantina... are you going to leave it floating in the air? It looks so cool, now you just have to make up a background for it so that people wont be like "Hmmm why the hell does this bar float on air" :p

Im interested in creating more stuff for the mod, do you need something?:)

e-varmint
07-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah I really like the cantina... are you going to leave it floating in the air? It looks so cool, now you just have to make up a background for it so that people wont be like "Hmmm why the hell does this bar float on air" :p

Im interested in creating more stuff for the mod, do you need something?:)

I've got an idea for the floating issue. The Repuls-O-Lift Cantina is a "beta" for the cloud city on Bespin. Right now, the architects can only get a city block to float......Yea, that'll work...... Maybe.

If you have other stuff, send it on! My work schedule is pushing my modding schedule back a little, so Beta 2 will be later this week some time.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-28-2008, 02:58 PM
i still havent gotten around to playing the beta yet been busy

e-varmint
07-28-2008, 03:03 PM
i still havent gotten around to playing the beta yet been busy

There is not much in this one, anyway. Just the arena and the first 7 Deadeyes. Beta 2 will be much closer to the final version.

What's wrong, little droid?
- Droid Sound -
Your Master was abducted and taken where?
- Droid Sound -
The Repuls-O-Lift Cantina? Where's that?
- Droid Sound -
So THAT's what that floating structure is! I thought is was some sort of landing area.
- Droid Sound -
Your Master designed it? How clever.
- Droid Sound -
A floating city, you say. Well, he's got a long way to go to get an entire city to float like that.
- Droid Sound -
Bespin? Never heard of it.
- Droid Sound -
Suuuurrrre, I'll go up there and investigate
your Master's disappearance.
What could possibly go wrong?

- Warp To Deadeye Arena -
-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
looks good to me

Drunkside
07-29-2008, 04:04 AM
Yeah... What could go wrong? Anyway, I havent got anything ready but it doesnt take for long to make a robe or something... But I found a really good modeling tutorial so i still might try to make a saber:p

Mandalore The Shadow
07-29-2008, 11:16 AM
i think we should work mandalorians into this mod some how

EnderWiggin
07-29-2008, 12:57 PM
But I found a really good modeling tutorial so i still might try to make a saber:p

Just as a point of personal inquiry, which tutorial are you referring to?

_EW_

Darth Atris
07-29-2008, 03:09 PM
I can get you some more mando skins

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 06:26 PM
i think we should work mandalorians into this mod some how
I can get you some more mando skins

I'm very close to finishing, so I don't want to start rearranging characters at this point.

Perhaps a new Mandalorian-themed mod would be better. I'll make a module and some Mandalorian blasters. You guys and whoever-else could do the plot/armors/robes. etc.

-

Sithspecter
07-29-2008, 07:12 PM
You might remember that me an E-varmit had a little secret at the beginning of this mod... Well, here it is! Should be fairly self explanatory...

I present.... the Giz-KeBob!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob01.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob02.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob03.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob04.jpg

glovemaster
07-29-2008, 07:21 PM
:lol: Thats hilarious!
I like the name you gave it aswell :p
Genious.

Sithspecter
07-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Thx. I thought it up a long while ago, but my first version was destroyed in a little event a while back... Oh, and hooray for 500 posts! :clap2:

It also has a non-buggy shadow, I think.

TriggerGod
07-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Knowing you, SS, it just had to do something with Gizka :lol:
Anyways, very nice :xp:

Sithspecter
07-29-2008, 07:27 PM
^I guess I should also get to work on the new GIZKA GUN.

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
^I guess I should also get to work on the new GIZKA GUN.

Which end is the bullet hook going to be on?:lol:

Sithspecter
07-29-2008, 07:38 PM
All three.

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
All three.

Time to go Tach-hunting!

Thanks for making the Giz-KeBob! It's great!!!:thmbup1: I'll find an extra-special way to plug it into the Cantina area.

-

RedHawke
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
You might remember that me an E-varmit had a little secret at the beginning of this mod... Well, here it is! Should be fairly self explanatory...

I present.... the Giz-KeBob!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob01.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob02.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob03.jpg
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/Sithspecter/gizkabob04.jpg
:lol: Now that's some good stuff right there! :lol:

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
I'm very close to finishing, so I don't want to start rearranging characters at this point.

Perhaps a new Mandalorian-themed mod would be better. I'll make a module and some Mandalorian blasters. You guys and whoever-else could do the plot/armors/robes. etc.

-

I shall get to work on that, maybe an armor this time.

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I shall get to work on that, maybe an armor this time.

Great!:D

Here is the new WIP, so we don't get into trouble with the Moderators:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2502082#post2502082

Edit: Looks like that is going to happen anyway.

-

Drunkside
07-30-2008, 01:15 AM
Just as a point of personal inquiry, which tutorial are you referring to?

_EW_

Ehh I dont know who made it, but it is some model TUT part3... I dont remember if someone linked me to it or i just found a link to it going randomly through some threads, but its much more understandable than the other one(I think svösh;s) i tried to read...

GO GIZ-KEBOB!!!!!!!!!

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Ehh I dont know who made it, but it is some model TUT part3... I dont remember if someone linked me to it or i just found a link to it going randomly through some threads, but its much more understandable than the other one(I think svösh;s) i tried to read...

GO GIZ-KEBOB!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like Quanon's tutorial.

Time for an update. Just when you thought it could not get worse:
http://www.e-varmint.net/cddeadeyes2.jpg
http://www.e-varmint.net/cddeadeyes1.jpg

The previous fixit list has been taken care of. The new items:

1) 2da and TSL patcher.
2) Korriban dialog.
3) Equip Deadeyes with any additional incoming items.

Sadly, Team CrossdressingDeadeyeZombiesWithGiz-Kebobs is just too long of a name.:(

-

Darth Atris
07-30-2008, 01:46 PM
Freaky

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 02:25 PM
this is cool i have some mando skins already made on kotor files click the my mods link

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
this is cool i have some mando skins already made on kotor files click the my mods link

Can I use the [K1]Revans New Robes? I'll put'em on one of the Deadeyes

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
yes u can any mod of mine you want to use use it just tell me

Darth Atris
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Evarmint have you put that skin i gave you ingame yet?

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:37 PM
what skin?

Darth Atris
07-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I gave evarmint a new mando skin

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:40 PM
what color is it?

Darth Atris
07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Purple dark purple

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:44 PM
cool i havent thought about using that color yet ive only used orange pink green and grey

Darth Atris
07-30-2008, 03:53 PM
I have also done cyan and white

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:59 PM
havent done whit i have done cyan but i never released it

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Purple dark purple

I have two green ones, but no purple. E-mail it again and I will get it into the Cantina somewhere. Thanks for taking the time to do these, by the way.

-

Canderis
07-31-2008, 09:22 PM
well im back i can test your beta now.

e-varmint
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
well im back i can test your beta now.

It's in Post 144, but there is not much to it. Make sure not to go back to the normal game from the beta, or you will be stuck with Calo Nord in your party instead of Carth.

If you are still interested in doing the TSL Patcher, I have made a few .2da changes.

-

Canderis
07-31-2008, 11:41 PM
ill still do the tsl patcher when the mod is finished just email me the files

e-varmint
07-31-2008, 11:44 PM
ill still do the tsl patcher when the mod is finished just email me the files

I really appreciate that!!!:thumbsup: I'll start on your Urai Fen blades, maybe we can get them into this mod.

-

Canderis
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
SWEETNESS ive wanted those blades in k1 sinse....... i started playing mods lol.

ps. dont email me the files till the mod is COMPLEAT

e-varmint
07-31-2008, 11:56 PM
SWEETNESS ive wanted those blades in k1 sinse....... i started playing mods lol.

ps. dont email me the files till the mod is COMPLEAT

I'll make sure it is tested, retested, then tested again before I send it. I would certainly not want you to have to do the work twice.:)

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
yeah is there anything else i can do for this mod skinning wise?

e-varmint
08-01-2008, 03:08 PM
yeah is there anything else i can do for this mod skinning wise?

I think this mod is good to go. I need to get it released so I can concentrate on the Mandalorian Mod. That module's gonna be a (censored)! Thanks for the offer, though!:D

Canderis
08-01-2008, 03:12 PM
how come so menny people are making mando related mods (me included)

Darth Atris
08-01-2008, 03:24 PM
There easy to skin and bad ass

Mandalore The Shadow
08-02-2008, 07:50 AM
they have always been my favorite charecters and most of my mods are centered around them

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Time for an update:D

As some of you know, I had a crash issue with the Cantina. I have eliminated the issue, which seems to have been related to either:

1) The .2da change that allowed Deadeye to wear Revan Armor, and/or
2) The game does not like Deadeye wearing Revan Armor. and/or
3) Quad-core computer.

In any event, the Deadeyes are loosing their dresses:Pout1:, which will be replaced with new standard robe variants.

The good news: TSL Patcher is no longer necessary, so Release Is Imminent.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-06-2008, 09:31 AM
awsome (i didnt know you had a problem with the robes)

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 12:35 PM
awsome (i didnt know you had a problem with the robes)

No biggie now, I made some new ones that look almost as strange:
http://www.e-varmint.net/newdeadeyes9.jpg

And the Deadeyes have their GKBs....

Ferc Kast
08-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Nice; I definitely like the robe the Deadeye with the GKB is wearing. :thumbsup: Can't wait for the release.

Marius Fett
08-06-2008, 12:39 PM
The texture on the Deadeye with the red sabers wouldn't happen to be the Trayus Academy floor from TSL would it?

ForeverNight
08-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I don't think that that would be legal.... unless E-Varmint had a heck of a lot of time on his hands and decided to recreate it pixel by pixel...

Anyway, the robes look nice, but I miss the 'dresses'... good job so far!

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 01:03 PM
The texture on the Deadeye with the red sabers wouldn't happen to be the Trayus Academy floor from TSL would it?

It's actually a fractal pattern that comes with Corel Photo Paint.
http://www.e-varmint.net/01frctl.jpg
It does sort of look like the Trayus red dot, though. Hmmmm. Matching Trayus armor project may not be a bad idea:D

Here is the entire Summer Line of deadeye robes. These were all made with .cpt patterns and/or photo effects overlain by a semi-transparent desaturated, contrast enhanced version of the original pattern (preserves wrinkles).

http://www.e-varmint.net/deadeyefashion.jpg

-

Marius Fett
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Just checking. :)

A tip, it looks to me like you're using a lot of filters and not much actual texturing.

Filters can only take you so far. ;)

Still looking good though. :)

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Filters can only take you so far. ;)

Just part of the robe-skinning evolutionary process:D

Anyway, these are the last two. I added them for LR:thmbup1: I'll see if I can fix the gloves.
http://www.e-varmint.net/rakghrobe.jpg

correllian_thug
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM
very good workl done on this, i'm looking forward to having it on my game:)

Mandalore The Shadow
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
great work e-varmint keep it up

xxMalic3xx
08-30-2008, 07:25 AM
Really nice work, how much is there left to be done?

e-varmint
08-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Really nice work, how much is there left to be done?

Version 0.99 is here:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191202

Dialogs, DH's items, and minor tweaks remain before it is ready for Version 1.0 release.

-

Pikmin
09-01-2008, 01:27 PM
~snip~

http://www.e-varmint.net/deadeyefashion.jpg

-

The second one looks like Wookie fur...

e-varmint
09-01-2008, 01:37 PM
The second one looks like Wookie fur...

I think I took that one out. No worries, I have a much better furrie robe in the works for the 1.0 release (assuming that is a good thing):xp:

Pikmin
09-01-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm in favor of fury robes.

Darth Atris
09-02-2008, 03:16 AM
Id rather have a torian skin robe

e-varmint
09-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Id rather have a torian skin robe

I could probably come up with a "Torian Skin Proximily" to use for a robe.

Darth Atris
09-02-2008, 11:50 AM
That would be cool and i mean the torian off galactic civ2