PDA

View Full Version : Scripting help in the DLGEditor.

TriggerGod
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I'm working on a mod that'll make a certain character a jedi, with a jedi sabers and stuff...
Well, I have a few questions:
1) How good is this modified a_makejedi script? And when do I put this into the DLGEditor, do I put it into the area where he is made into a jedi. You know, the ::[Player Name Here] Has taken his/her first steps to being a (Dark) Jedi [Insert Class Here]:: and end the dialog.
void main()
{

int nScriptNumber = GetScriptParameter( 1 );

if ( nScriptNumber == 0 ) {
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL, GetObjectByTag ("Atton") );
}

if ( nScriptNumber == 1 ) {
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN, GetObjectByTag ("BaoDur") );
}

if ( nScriptNumber == 4 ) {
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN, GetObjectByTag ("Handmaiden") );
}

if ( nScriptNumber == 7 ) {
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDISENTINEL, GetObjectByTag ("Mira") );
}

if ( nScriptNumber == 10 ) {
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDIGUARDIAN, GetObjectByTag ("HanHarr");
}

if ( nScriptNumber == 11 ) {
AddMultiClass (CLASS_TYPE_JEDICONSULAR, GetObjectByTag ("Disciple") );
}
}

2) There is a conditional script called c_influencebet (its there for when its an influence fail) and in Param 1, 2, and 3, there are numbers. What would those numbers mean?

Ferc Kast
06-26-2008, 11:19 PM
1) There's a simple error in your modified script; Hanharr's tag is Hanharr, not HanHarr. Yes, you put it on the line that says that.

2) See my thread here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=182743); You should find an answer to this.

TriggerGod
06-26-2008, 11:48 PM
1) thanks. simple mistake :)

2) So, what I need, is this:
Script Param1 Param2 Param3
c_influencebet 10 30 90
As an example :)

EDIT: I have a new problem:

3) I'm too lazy to put in all the dialog again for another tree, so how do I use the (already listed) thing at the end of certain strings? Would I have to edit dailog.tlk? And if I do, how do I open it? (Sorry for noob questions.)

glovemaster
06-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Right click on the node > Copy > Right click on the note your pasting to and > Paste as Copy.

You might be able to use Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V but the program's wirtten in Perl and that function likes to only work sometimes. :lol:

stoffe
06-27-2008, 08:00 AM
1) How good is this modified a_makejedi script?

I would strongly recommend against modifying standard game scripts unless it's absolutely necessary. In many cases you can make your own new script instead, which will make it a lot easier to make your mod compatible with other mods, and easier to manage since you can see more easily which files belong to what mod. :)