PDA

View Full Version : Mod, skins and the like

Darth Plagius
07-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I need to know where to find/ how to create the file or whatever so I can download/install skins and mods and all that. Please help!

jonathan7
07-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I need to know where to find/ how to create the file or whatever so I can download/install skins and mods and all that. Please help!

Override, in the KotOR directory, default it looks like this; C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override

When installing mods be sure to read the readme, you won't believe how many problems occur because people don't do that ;)

TriggerGod
07-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Override, in the KotOR directory, default it looks like this; C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\Override

When installing mods be sure to read the readme, you won't believe how many problems occur because people don't do that ;)

Or, of course:
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Override (You'll need to make the Override for TSL)

Inyri
07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Or of course read the read-me because not all mods are installed to override.

TriggerGod
07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Or of course read the read-me because not all mods are installed to override.

Yeah. The majority of the files (depending on the mod >_>) goes in the Override, while new modules go into teh Modules folder. New sounds and voices end up in StreamVoices..
Thats just my TSL talking, now :)

Darth Plagius
07-18-2008, 11:17 PM

Readme for the game of mod??

TriggerGod
07-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Readme for the game of mod??

The mod...
If you download from KOTORFiles, in the file area, you can find the readme. I Usually take whats from there, and use it instead of opening up Word.

Darth Plagius
07-19-2008, 01:14 AM
Im probably going to get irritating with my noobness, but I cant find the Kotor file, I dont know the required steps. Like, I open up the "my Computer." Where do I go from there? I have a vista if it makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

TriggerGod
07-19-2008, 01:25 AM
Im probably going to get irritating with my noobness, but I cant find the Kotor file, I dont know the required steps. Like, I open up the "my Computer." Where do I go from there? I have a vista if it makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

Clicky (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/)
That is KOTORFiles, the modding site of KOTOR and TSL. In each of the mod's page, there is the read-me. Find the area in that section that tells you how to install the mod.

Also, if your using Vista, your TSL (maybe KOTOR) will be screwy.