PDA

View Full Version : TSL - Jedi Master Robe change

jonathan7
07-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Howdies all,

This is just a small part of a mod, you will soon see released :p basically I want to get rid of the hated Master robe of the Jedi Masters and replace it with the much better looking Padawan model.

But not being a modeller, I was wondering what people think would be the most efficient way of replacing Vrook, Zez, Kavar's and Vash's robes to the padawan model?

Would it be -

a) be to to do an appearance.2da edit, or

b) to just rename the Padawan model as the Master one? I'm doing a skin for each of the Master's to have their own unique robe.

Either way, one thing I haven't figured out is what is the particular model number (for both female and male) of the Padawan model?

Hope you following my meaning. :xp:

TriggerGod
07-20-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm sure that its in appearance.2da, but I could be wrong.
As for the model:
PMBI0.tpc and PFBI0
pmbis.mdl and pfbil.mdl
pmbis.mdx and pfbil.mdx
(I could be wrong -_-)

Have Fun :)

Gavroche
07-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Models are p[f/m]bim.mdl, not bis are bil, as jonathan7 may remember from my old thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=189631) were I was attempting to edit this. (hey, did you find the k1 skins BTW?)

So basically, all you need is to go in apperance.2da, and replace any PFBNM (there are no male models for Master robes) in the modeln and texn columns by P(F/B)IM. And you may need to edit the Texture Variation of some .uti's. During the making of my mod, I took the following notes:

I
01 Padawan
02 Jolee
03 Dark Padawan
04 Jedi
06 Dark Jedi
07 Baran Do n00b
08 Ossus
09 Norris
10 Baran Do boss
N
01 Knight
02 Sylvar (Light Side)
03 Crado (Dark Side)
04 Dark Knight
05 Gray Jedi
06 Master
07 Natth (Dark Side)
08 Thon (Light Side)
09 Arren Kae
10 Dark Master
11 Aleema Keto (Dark Side)
12 Matukai boss
13 Matukai n00b
14 Nomi (Light Side)
15 Arca Jeth (Light Side)

So for example, Knights and Masters robes will have to see their texture variation changed from 1 and 6 to 4, and Dark Jedi Knights/Masters robes will have to have 6 instead of 4 and 10.

jonathan7
07-20-2008, 05:39 PM
(hey, did you find the k1 skins BTW?)

Pants, expect a PM shortly, I'm very sorry for not getting back to you, a few serious real life things had distracted me from modding.

So basically, all you need is to go in apperance.2da, and replace any PFBNM (there are no male models for Master robes) in the modeln and texn columns by P(F/B)IM. And you may need to edit the Texture Variation of some .uti's. During the making of my mod, I took the following notes:

I
01 Padawan
02 Jolee
03 Dark Padawan
04 Jedi
06 Dark Jedi
07 Baran Do n00b
08 Ossus
09 Norris
10 Baran Do boss
N
01 Knight
02 Sylvar (Light Side)
03 Crado (Dark Side)
04 Dark Knight
05 Gray Jedi
06 Master
07 Natth (Dark Side)
08 Thon (Light Side)
09 Arren Kae
10 Dark Master
11 Aleema Keto (Dark Side)
12 Matukai boss
13 Matukai n00b
14 Nomi (Light Side)
15 Arca Jeth (Light Side)

So for example, Knights and Masters robes will have to see their texture variation changed from 1 and 6 to 4, and Dark Jedi Knights/Masters robes will have to have 6 instead of 4 and 10.

Thanks very much for that :) Have you released your mod? I don't recall seeing it in TUCE, or have I missed it? I look forward to seeing your work :)

Gavroche
07-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Nope, kept it for meeself, my precioussss :P well, what happened exactly is that I started to help a team on a larger project, so all the files are there (it's even tslpatched), I just did not upload it. And I'd need to create a readme. And to take screenshots. Han, so much to do... And so much time to do it, I don't even have an excuse... '^^

Got your PM. Nothing's urgent anyway, so please don't be sorry for that :) I just wanted to see if I'd be able to give Vrook's K1 robe in TSL, but that's not really important.

I hope I was able to help you with your mod, in any case. Good luck with it!

jonathan7
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Well here goes;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1037

Unfortunately my hope to just insert the name of the unique robe for the Jedi hasn't worked as you can see from the screenie :(

So I suppose my query is how do I get the custom texture to work?

Gavroche
07-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Wah, so much white.

Do you get a blank texture with any Master Robe you put on any character, or just with Vrook?

If it's the first case, please upload a screenshot of what you put in the modeln and texn columns. I may have given you the wrong strings (though I'm sure you'd have corrected by checking what's written in the modeli/texi columns).

If it's the second case, did you edit every appearances using Master Robes? I'm thinking of Vrook's row (670, the last one, if I'm not mistaking). I doubt you only edited the PC apparences, but it could be an explanation.

Else I don't know. Continuing with the "are you sure that..."-like questions, what named did you gave to your custom texture? Do the letters match what's in Vrook's row in appearance.2da?

(I have the terrible feeling I'm not being any useful... '^^)

<edit />And moreover, I missed your objective - I thought you intended to edit *all* Masters Robes and change them into Jedi Robes, though if I get it correctly now, you just want to edit the Council Members' models.

jonathan7
07-21-2008, 08:37 PM
(I have the terrible feeling I'm not being any useful... '^^)

No way! You've been a great help so far :)

Wah, so much white.

Do you get a blank texture with any Master Robe you put on any character, or just with Vrook?

I haven't tested but should only be Vrook (I've only been editing and testing on him), as had put a "custom" texture in his texn column (imaginatively called vrook ;)) currently he is wearing a Dark Jedi Padwan robe.

If it's the first case, please upload a screenshot of what you put in the modeln and texn columns. I may have given you the wrong strings (though I'm sure you'd have corrected by checking what's written in the modeli/texi columns).

Nah, you didn't give me the wrong strings - what you said to do worked perfectly :)

What I did have to get the above effect;

modeln - PMBIM
texn - vrook (with a vrook.tga in Override)

If it's the second case, did you edit every appearances using Master Robes? I'm thinking of Vrook's row (670, the last one, if I'm not mistaking). I doubt you only edited the PC apparences, but it could be an explanation.

Not quite following your line of thought here... Basically all I have done to the .2da is edit Vrook

Else I don't know. Continuing with the "are you sure that..."-like questions, what named did you gave to your custom texture? Do the letters match what's in Vrook's row in appearance.2da?

Yeh, they matched - which is why I'm puzzled as to the problem, and the texture was just a renamed Padawan in game skin, purely for testing (was using the Ossus skin).

<edit />And moreover, I missed your objective - I thought you intended to edit *all* Masters Robes and change them into Jedi Robes, though if I get it correctly now, you just want to edit the Council Members' models.

No worries, my fault, I probably wasn't clear enough. But basically what I want to do is turn the council members, plus the handmaidens robes from Master models to Padawan models. (I think the Master models very ugly myself - especially the cod piece!).

Thanks for all your help so far, you've been very helpful :) and will defiantly get a mention in the readme!

Ferc Kast
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
~snipped~

modeln - PMBIM
texn - vrook (with a vrook.tga in Override)

Well, there's your problem. By default, the game looks for a variation number at the end of the texture's name itself (not in the 2da, but the tga file itself). In this case, you would need to relabel "vrook.tga" to "vrook01.tga". Hope this helps. ;)

jonathan7
07-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, there's your problem. By default, the game looks for a variation number at the end of the texture's name itself (not in the 2da, but the tga file itself). In this case, you would need to relabel "vrook.tga" to "vrook01.tga". Hope this helps. ;)

Ferc, I love you! It worked :D

Gavroche
07-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Not quite following your line of thought here... Basically all I have done to the .2da is edit Vrook
Yeah never mind, I had overlooked your first post. Well, I'm glad you got it working anyway :] Thanks Ferc Kast!

jonathan7
07-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Yeah never mind, I had overlooked your first post. Well, I'm glad you got it working anyway :] Thanks Ferc Kast!

Officially the only K1, Jedi Robe texture I can find is the one pointed out in your old thread; K1_PFBI01.tga - Sorry, G!

jonathan7
07-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Excuse the bump; but I'd like some construtive criticism of the first two of the personalised Jedi Robes for the Masters;

Here's the moody old man's;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1106

And the charming Vash models hers;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1105

Thoughts?

TriggerGod
07-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Excuse the bump; but I'd like some construtive criticism of the first two of the personalised Jedi Robes for the Masters;

Here's the moody old man's;
{snip}

And the charming Vash models hers;
{snip}

Thoughts?
*puts away scissors*
I see your using the Grapix Improvement mod :D
Anyways, I like the gram-pa's robes. But Vash's robe appears too normal. I would do a little moar on her robe. Whatever it is, I hope its good.
(PS - How do you did you get those textures on Vrook's robes (dots) in there? Q's tut?)

jonathan7
07-22-2008, 08:12 PM
*puts away scissors*
I see your using the Grapix Improvement mod :D

Indeed, its an awesome mod, although I'm using my own variation on Xarwarz mod ;)

Anyways, I like the gram-pa's robes. But Vash's robe appears too normal. I would do a little moar on her robe. Whatever it is, I hope its good.

Hmmm, I may consider changing it; the aim isn't to make the robes stick out massively; more the get rid of the horrible codpiece master robes, and give them something more elegant.

(PS - How do you did you get those textures on Vrook's robes (dots) in there? Q's tut?)

Never really needed a tutorial for photoshop :p

The answer to your question maybe lying around one of my photo albums :xp:

Edit here's Kavar's...
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1108

p.s. Thanks Chainz for the million and one saved games for modders!

my pleasure :D - Cz

Ferc Kast
07-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Cool robes. I'm glad that I could be of assistance. I'll be sure to d/l this when it's released.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

jonathan7
07-23-2008, 09:29 AM
Cool robes. I'm glad that I could be of assistance. I'll be sure to d/l this when it's released.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Cheers Ferc,

I'm still not happy with the collar's but they are a nightmare even with Svosh's fix!

Here's the latest screenie;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1117

FoolInTheWave
07-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Wow, I must say jonathan7, that these robes look fantastic! ;)

The collar doesn't look bad at all. Sure looks better than without the fix.

Its got my download when released. :D

Shem
07-23-2008, 12:38 PM
What's interesting to me is if you kept Vrook's robe by default in K1, it now looks like he just put on a coat over it. Creative idea and keep up the good work! :D

Ghost Down
07-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Looks great, keep it up! ;)

jonathan7
07-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the encouragement guys :)

What's interesting to me is if you kept Vrook's robe by default in K1, it now looks like he just put on a coat over it. Creative idea and keep up the good work! :D

Aye, that's the idea :) Always liked the old codger in that red robe in K1... That is the only reason I don't have 90SK's K1 Robe mod not installed ;)

Anyways here is the latest screenie; this is the last of the 'Master' Robes I'm changing - here is the Handmaiden so far;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1131

Let me know what you think!

Ferc Kast
07-23-2008, 09:44 PM
It looks pretty cool, give or take the white part of the collar with the circle.

TriggerGod
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Aye, that's the idea :) Always liked the old codger in that red robe in K1... That is the only reason I don't have 90SK's K1 Robe mod not installed ;)
I see your reasoning. But, wouldn't it be possible to find which one replaces Vrook's, then remove it?

Anyways here is the latest screenie; this is the last of the 'Master' Robes I'm changing - here is the Handmaiden so far;
{snip}

Let me know what you think!
Technically, it is a "Knight" robes, according to baseitems.2da :xp:
Anyways, I looked at your album, and you comment, and well, I think its fine without the collar.
PS - [Persuade] All your secrets are belong to me
:xp:

jonathan7
07-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I see your reasoning. But, wouldn't it be possible to find which one replaces Vrook's, then remove it?

Unfortunately not, as for that mod 90SK changes that model (i.e. he replaces every model of that type with a different one), so things would get rather complex and hardcore for such a small thing.

Technically, it is a "Knight" robes, according to baseitems.2da :xp:
Anyways, I looked at your album, and you comment, and well, I think its fine without the collar.
PS - [Persuade] All your secrets are belong to me
:xp:

I'm a perfectionist hence my obsession with the collars ;)

It looks pretty cool, give or take the white part of the collar with the circle.

I may remove it, the general idea was to take the neckline from Handmaidens normal clothes, and use that as the neck for her robe. Thanks for the input, and if I leave it in, I can do you a special no circle robe as a thanks for solving the .2da texture problem! :)

Edit;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1132

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Update....

Well having finished with the Council and Handmaiden, I have moved onto the various 'Padawan' models ingame...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1154

Left: I'm toying with making my Mace Windu replica the Ossus robe...
Middle:Padawan Robe
Right: Jedi Robe

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1153

Left: Jedi Robe
Centre: See above left
Right: Padawan

Thoughts?

90SK
07-25-2008, 12:47 AM
The center one, with the KotOR I style robe: I REALLY like that. And the rest look pretty good too. Keep it up! :)

e-varmint
07-25-2008, 12:59 AM
I really like the robes with the white underlay, but they are all very good. The Handmaiden's robe is particularly good. One of the best I've ever seen.

JCarter426
07-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Ooo, this looks lovely. Just one note...I liked Vrook's outer robe better as brown, and I'd make his pants a bit lighter, maybe even white to match the undershirt. Still, keep up the good work!

Shem
07-25-2008, 01:53 AM
I'm actually very impressed with the recent screenshots! :D

Salzella
07-25-2008, 08:04 AM
my thoughts are: insta-download :D

The Betrayer
07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
These are awesome! Sure download for me :)

Ferc Kast
07-25-2008, 09:29 AM
I like the 2nd Handmaiden robe much better. The newer robes look cool, too. :thumbsup: Still an insta-d/l from me when it's done.

Istorian
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Very cool robes! Great job:xp:

A certain mod in my override!;)

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone :)

Ooo, this looks lovely. Just one note...I liked Vrook's outer robe better as brown, and I'd make his pants a bit lighter, maybe even white to match the undershirt. Still, keep up the good work!

Currently this is what Vrook looks like;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1157

Hehe, I am more than happy to hear constructive criticism - the change in robe colour was on Shem's suggestion, with Skins I don't think I can make everyone happy, but am more than willing to hear what people think should be done, and if there is a consensus leaning one way, I'm happy to change it to meet that. :)

Inyri
07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
What's the flesh-colored bit at the top? If it's supposed to be flesh it's (a) creepy-looking, and (b) doesn't actually look like flesh.

If it's not supposed to be flesh I'd recommend a color change because as it is it looks like that's what you were trying to do.

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 09:52 AM
What's the flesh-colored bit at the top? If it's supposed to be flesh it's (a) creepy-looking, and (b) doesn't actually look like flesh.

If it's not supposed to be flesh I'd recommend a color change because as it is it looks like that's what you were trying to do.

It's supposed to be along the same lines as the K1 robe, a kind of pinky/purple neckscalf/collar - do you think the screenie in post 13 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2498719&postcount=13) looked better of the neck? As I can change it back, or have a further play... :)

Istorian
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, the collar in post 13 seemed a bit better (personal opinion), because if you mistake the collar for flesh, it is a bit creepy (Inyri's right). However, you can change it to whatever color you'd like!

Inyri
07-25-2008, 10:05 AM
It's supposed to be along the same lines as the K1 robe, a kind of pinky/purple neckscalf/collar - do you think the screenie in post 13 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2498719&postcount=13) looked better of the neck? As I can change it back, or have a further play... :)You don't need to change it back, I'd just make the color a little bit more of a contrast to his skin. It's close enough now that it looks like we're seeing more of Vrook than I'm comfortable with. In fact if you put a helmet on his head he'd be more attractive... :p

In any case I was just suggesting you have the color be a little more distinct from his flesh tone to avoid any confusion and/or icky Vrook thoughts.

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 10:06 AM
You don't need to change it back, I'd just make the color a little bit more of a contrast to his skin. It's close enough now that it looks like we're seeing more of Vrook than I'm comfortable with. In fact if you put a helmet on his head he'd be more attractive... :p

In any case I was just suggesting you have the color be a little more distinct from his flesh tone to avoid any confusion and/or icky Vrook thoughts.

I'll move it back to being white, but keep the blue lower bit of the collar... Thanks for the input :)

Inyri
07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
My pleasure. Good to see some people still appreciating honesty. :)

Astor
07-25-2008, 10:11 AM
They look really great! In fact, you've tempted me to maybe update my robe mod to look more in line with the ones you're producing.

Great stuff!

logan23
07-25-2008, 10:16 AM
jonathan7,

I love what you did with the robes. If you switch from one with the robe to the skin without the robe it gives you that star wars movie feel that they remove it for combat. Keep up the great work!

Logan

Kotor: Revenge of Revan
http://kotorrevengeofrevan.wetpaint.com/
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186405

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 11:12 AM
My pleasure. Good to see some people still appreciating honesty. :)

Constructive criticism, is more important than praise, in that it shows where you can improve :)

Here's Vrook with the white collar...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1159

a new screenie (dark padawan);

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1160

Thanks for the positive feedback AK and l23 :)

They look really great! In fact, you've tempted me to maybe update my robe mod to look more in line with the ones you're producing.

I look forward to seeing the new skins, your ones on the knight/codpiece robe were excellent. :)

Astor
07-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Johnathan, have you considered using any of the 'Jedi Council Robes' for anything? You know, the ones that Nemo and NPC Jedi wear in K1? I think they'd be pretty good for what your doing.

I think Vrook's collar looks a lot better than the almost flesh colour - actually thought I could see he bare neck in those first pics :).

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Johnathan, have you considered using any of the 'Jedi Council Robes' for anything? You know, the ones that Nemo and NPC Jedi wear in K1? I think they'd be pretty good for what your doing.

I hadn't... until you just suggested it; I'll produce a variation with those as well :)

I think Vrook's collar looks a lot better than the almost flesh colour - actually thought I could see he bare neck in those first pics :).

Coolio :)

Astor
07-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I hadn't... until you just suggested it; I'll produce a variation with those as well :)

Awesome :shades2:. I know a lot of people are quite fond of those robes, so I thought i'd suggest it, on the chance you hadn't thought of it.

If it'll help I can always knock together a possible example for you.

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 12:13 PM
Awesome :shades2:. I know a lot of people are quite fond of those robes, so I thought i'd suggest it, on the chance you hadn't thought of it.

If it'll help I can always knock together a possible example for you.

I'll get to work on doing it now... Thanks for the offer, help I need would be what is .tpc name in KotOR tool? Then I can get started on it :)

Astor
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
.tpc? Is that the texture file?

If it is, then there's three different versions with male and female using different ones -

jedicounm01,02 and 03 - that's the male ones

jedicounf01,02 and 03 for the females.

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Sorry for slow reply, been distracted ;)

Yeah, KotOR tool, converts it to .tga

If it is, then there's three different versions with male and female using different ones -

Got em, will start as soon as I've finished the robe I'm working on atm; though should I use; n_jedicounm01, n_jedicounm02 or N_JediMemM01??

Astor
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Got em, will start as soon as I've finished the robe I'm working on atm; though should I use; n_jedicounm01, n_jedicounm02 or N_JediMemM01??

The difficulty here is that they're all incredibly likeable. I'd say go for the first one - I think that one looks better out of those options.

TriggerGod
07-25-2008, 12:50 PM

Yes.
You know, john, looking at the textures from K1, I might be getting some ideas for robes...

Mandalore The Shadow
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
looks good i like it too bad i lost my copy of TSL

Astor
07-25-2008, 01:09 PM
I know i've already spoken in support of this, but, I have to admit, at first I wasn't a fan of this mod, because I was kind of partial to the master models, but your work has proved me completely wrong. They look so much better than the master ones.

You've even managed to make those fairly crappy K1 robes look pretty durned good too.

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
The difficulty here is that they're all incredibly likeable. I'd say go for the first one - I think that one looks better out of those options.

The last is the easiest to do if for higher-res detail, especially for the middle flap bit... Though I may well do 1 and 3

I know i've already spoken in support of this, but, I have to admit, at first I wasn't a fan of this mod, because I was kind of partial to the master models, but your work has proved me completely wrong. They look so much better than the master ones.

Join me on the non-codpiece side of the force ;) Glad to have a convert :) I've never been a big fan of the 'knight/master' models seem so bulky to me.

Anyways, here is what I have been working on;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1176

Possibility as the Ossus robe, think I will use the Mace one I made for the Norris robe.

Yes.
You know, john, looking at the textures from K1, I might be getting some ideas for robes...

I've inspired you, or you have some suggestions? Either way is cool :)

TriggerGod
07-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I've inspired you, or you have some suggestions? Either way is cool :)
More like I have some ideas that I wanna try.
I'm gonna try and make Malak's Armor look more like his actual clothing
Make a Sith Commando Dark Jedi
And other stuff.
I'll send to you when done.

Salzella
07-25-2008, 06:10 PM
How about individual party member robes? After all, we don't want the handmaiden to feel left out now do we? o_Q

TriggerGod
07-25-2008, 06:12 PM
How about individual party member robes? After all, we don't want the handmaiden to feel left out now do we? o_Q

Or alienate the others o_Q

Doc Valentine
07-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Jon, every time I see these robes they are getting better and better :). Especially those last two. I think the the Ossus robes idea is good. Keep it up ;)

-Doc

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 06:56 PM
More like I have some ideas that I wanna try.
I'm gonna try and make Malak's Armor look more like his actual clothing
Make a Sith Commando Dark Jedi
And other stuff.

Sounds interesting, I wish you luck with it :)

I'll send to you when done.

Send it to Filefront ;) I'm of course happy to have a look at them and offer constructive criticism if you so wish :)

How about individual party member robes? After all, we don't want the handmaiden to feel left out now do we?

I'm happy to craft individual robes for Atton, Mira and Disciple - though I'm no scripter, so getting them logically in game could be a problem :xp:

Jon, every time I see these robes they are getting better and better :) . Especially those last two. I think the the Ossus robes idea is good. Keep it up ;)

Thanks Doc :)

TriggerGod
07-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm happy to craft individual robes for Atton, Mira and Disciple - though I'm no scripter, so getting them logically in game could be a problem :xp:
Its actually quite simple.
For example:
On their training dialog, the final dialog (the ::Atton has taken the path of the [Dark]Jedi Sentinel:: line) put in script 1:
a_give_item
In Parameter 1:
Number of items wanted (quantity)
In String Param:
tag of item.

I'd be happy to do that for you, as long as I know what the names of the tag/resref of the items are :D

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Firstly, does anyone know what item/robe the textures PFBI05 and PMBI05 relate to, as they don't seem to relate to any in game robes.

Its actually quite simple.
For example:
On their training dialog, the final dialog (the ::Atton has taken the path of the [Dark]Jedi Sentinel:: line) put in script 1:
a_give_item
In Parameter 1:
Number of items wanted (quantity)
In String Param:
tag of item.

I'd be happy to do that for you, as long as I know what the names of the tag/resref of the items are :D

That's not quite what I had in mind :p We'll see - I'll muse on it, while getting on with the reskins... Doing these K1 variations as well as putting in Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Anakin style ones too...

TriggerGod
07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Firstly, does anyone know what item/robe the textures PFBI05 and PMBI05 relate to, as they don't seem to relate to any in game robes.

Cut Robes?
Almost looks like a padawan version of Nomi's Robes...

jonathan7
07-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Cut Robes?
Almost looks like a padawan version of Nomi's Robes...

Well they currently look like this; my first experimentation with K1 style robes; I'm not too happy with it to be honest; gonna launch K1 and have a look around the Dantooine enclave to get some inspiration ;)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1196

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1195

Istorian
07-26-2008, 03:12 AM
j7, I personally think these robes are truly good. But they could do with a slight improvement. Why don't you change the outside part of the robe into a lighter brown?

Or you could change the color of the boots to match the light cream color you have in the inside of the robe...

Just a few ideas! ;)

Astor
07-26-2008, 04:51 AM
They don't look too bad. The collar needs a little work I think. The sash thing is possibly a bit big - is there a way of it being made smaller and still looking good?

jonathan7
07-26-2008, 02:15 PM
j7, I personally think these robes are truly good. But they could do with a slight improvement. Why don't you change the outside part of the robe into a lighter brown?

Or you could change the color of the boots to match the light cream color you have in the inside of the robe...

Just a few ideas! ;)

To be honest, the tunic is the first thing I try and get right - things like collars/tobe colour etc are what I consider touching up side of things, and so are done last.

They don't look too bad. The collar needs a little work I think. The sash thing is possibly a bit big - is there a way of it being made smaller and still looking good?

See above with regards collar :xp: ;) Latest screenie;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1212

I shall include the .tga when I release the mod, however feasibly as I'm not a modeller, think I've taken this particular version as far as I can.

On a more positive note, things for a N_JediMemM01 conversion are looking a lot more positive :)

Astor
07-26-2008, 02:21 PM
It looks... interesting. It obviously doesn't lend itself well to the TSL style robes, but it was definately worth a try.

Salzella
07-26-2008, 02:46 PM

You could steal RedHawke's idea (I think it was anyway :xp: ) and make them available at the workbench. Sewing 101 for the Exile o_Q

EnderWiggin
07-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I'm happy to craft individul robes for Atton, Mira and Disciple - though I'm no scripter, so getting them logically in game could be a problem :xp:

We could always help you with the scripting problems, of course.

_EW_

Lord Dagron
07-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Awesome work. When will it be released ?

EnderWiggin
07-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Oooh! I found this first so I get to use the honorable wid smiley!

And now, as promised:

:wid:

_EW_

Giant Graffiti
07-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, nice! :thumbsup:

I shall include the .tga when I release the mod, however feasibly as I'm not a modeller, think I've taken this particular version as far as I can.
Have you tried alpha channeling it? Or does that not work?

jonathan7
07-26-2008, 07:27 PM
It looks... interesting. It obviously doesn't lend itself well to the TSL style robes, but it was definately worth a try.

Aye, I'm hopeful the other one will come off :)

You could steal RedHawke's idea (I think it was anyway :xp: ) and make them available at the workbench. Sewing 101 for the Exile o_Q

Nah, I think I would do an add-on introducing the custom robes to the mod; scripting and a bit of dialogue in here probably...

We could always help you with the scripting problems, of course.

_EW_

Thankies :)

Answered;

Oooh! I found this first so I get to use the honorable wid smiley!

And now, as promised:

:wid:

_EW_

Though I wouldn't expect the release date to be too far in the future.

Wow, nice! :thumbsup:

Have you tried alpha channeling it? Or does that not work?

I haven't I'm open to suggestions; if making it invisible is the idea, the problem is, I'm not entirely sure as to what's underneath ;)

RedHawke
07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Better yet don't copy my lazy @ss! :xp:

jonathan7
07-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Update... While the above K1 robe I think was abit of a failure, the following (which is now Jolee's robe (minus the user limitation of neutral)) I think has turned out quite well...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1236

JCarter426
07-29-2008, 08:00 PM
Cool. I'm not sure if I would use that for Jolee's...but whatever. :p

jonathan7
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Cool. I'm not sure if I would use that for Jolee's...but whatever. :p

:xp: Well if Jolee's clothes are somewhere in TSL assets, I'd use them, but couldn't find them anywhere; so went with a K1 style robe; looks more Jolee like than what Obsidian did ;)

90SK
07-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Ah yes, I know that robe type very well :p Looking good!

TriggerGod
07-29-2008, 08:11 PM
:xp: Well if Jolee's clothes are somewhere in TSL assets, I'd use them, but couldn't find them anywhere; so went with a K1 style robe; looks more Jolee like than what Obsidian did ;)
True, but you should reskin the K1 part to be a bit more green.. so it kinda fits in with Jolee.
Or reskin the "jacket" part (TSL part)

JCarter426
07-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Heh, I just mean I'd make it grey like the K2 version. ;)
And I could have sworn Jolee's clothing is in there somewhere...but that wouldn't be doable unless you used the J slot or something.

Hmm...if you're going for the Jolee clothing, maybe change the pink part to yellow (if that's not too much trouble)? And then that one could be for something else... :)

jonathan7
07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Heh, I just mean I'd make it grey like the K2 version. ;)
And I could have sworn Jolee's clothing is in there somewhere...but that wouldn't be doable unless you used the J slot or something.

If Jolee's clothing is in game, I would much rather use it for his robe - I didn't manage to find it though.

Hmm...if you're going for the Jolee clothing, maybe change the pink part to yellow (if that's not too much trouble)? And then that one could be for something else... :)

It's not too much trouble :) Though I don't quite follow; who would the yellow one be for?

JCarter426
07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
It's not too much trouble :) Though I don't quite follow; who would the yellow one be for?
Jolee. ;) His clothes are brown and yellow. I think just changing the pink to yellow in that robe would make it close enough.

jonathan7
07-30-2008, 07:26 AM
Jolee. ;) His clothes are brown and yellow. I think just changing the pink to yellow in that robe would make it close enough.

Well, I had a bright idea upon failing to find Jolee's clothes in TSL assets; take a pre-game promo rendition such as this; http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/7/71/JoleeFullBody.jpg and this; http://swkotor.gry-online.pl/postacie/05.jpg

And I give you this;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1240

(Still needs a little touching up - I'm aiming to get rid of the blue lightsaber glow, among other things ;) )

JCarter426
07-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Ah, looking good!

jonathan7
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
Update...

Still working on Jolee's robe...

Option A (this is for males only - lighting doesn't work with womans version)...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1282

From some angles it looks convincing; others you can tell the side bits of the flap are there.

Option B (and the definitive woman's version)...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1281

As ever thoughts, comments and suggestions welcome...

:)

Next: for the Dark Jedi Robe, should I use Anakin's Episode 3 Robe, or Darth Maul's?

Giant Graffiti
08-01-2008, 08:23 AM
^^^

Looks good. As for the Dark Jedi Robe, I would have to say Maul.

JCarter426
08-01-2008, 08:28 AM
Looking good, J7. I'm not sure if I see the difference between A and B...maybe I'm going blind. :p

I had an idea you might want to consider...think you could make a version of the robes Malak wears as a Jedi (during flashbacks)? That could replace the dull reskin of the Jal Shey armor...just a thought. Again, if it's not too much trouble. ;)

And I'd have to say Maul as well.

jonathan7
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Looking good, J7. I'm not sure if I see the difference between A and B...maybe I'm going blind. :p

Lol, this may help :xp:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1285

I had an idea you might want to consider...think you could make a version of the robes Malak wears as a Jedi (during flashbacks)? That could replace the dull reskin of the Jal Shey armor...just a thought. Again, if it's not too much trouble. ;)

Quite possibly; I'll have to look into the Jal Shey model; Malak's robe is certainly feasible; I could also turn the Malak armour, into something that actually looked a lot more like his armour. I'll look into it.

Here are the robes head to head;

Anakins; http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/8/88/Anakin.jpg

or (56k warning); http://slimak.gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/2005/lut/anszdp.jpg

Maul's; http://www.geocities.com/darth_ann/maul76.jpg

(56k warning); http://lh6.ggpht.com/_k8B9m2eMzbY/R3NoXFUOtKI/AAAAAAAAE0c/XKRmYnDAmlE/Pic+097.jpg

Ferc Kast
08-01-2008, 09:31 AM
For Jolee's robe, I think option A would be better.

Personally, I'd want the Anakin robe for the Dark Jedi robe. But, that's just my 2 cents. :twocents:

JCarter426
08-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Lol, this may help :xp:
Heh, I see now, thanks. :D

Quite possibly; I'll have to look into the Jal Shey model; Malak's robe is certainly feasible; I could also turn the Malak armour, into something that actually looked a lot more like his armour. I'll look into it.
I was actually thinking that you could make it use the padawan model and reskin it like you did Jolee's, but that sounds good too. :)

Personally, I'd want the Anakin robe for the Dark Jedi robe. But, that's just my 2 cents. :twocents:
Anakin's looks good as well; maybe it would work for one of the unique dark side robes. Maul's just looks more generic to me, and thus more fitting as the standard Dark Jedi robe.

Salzella
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Hmm, for the Jolee robe, I'm not sure about the really dark areas that you've (inadvertantly :xp: ) highlighted in the above screenshot ^^. Perhaps cloning the texture further up would cover it up? Looks rather awkward at the moment. Oh, and personally I think the leggings should be a bit darker but that's just a minor quibble. Looking good :)

jonathan7
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I was actually thinking that you could make it use the padawan model and reskin it like you did Jolee's, but that sounds good too. :)

Okies, I personally prefer the above, so I'll turn it into a robe ;)

Hmm, for the Jolee robe, I'm not sure about the really dark areas that you've (inadvertantly :xp: ) highlighted in the above screenshot ^^. Perhaps cloning the texture further up would cover it up? Looks rather awkward at the moment. Oh, and personally I think the leggings should be a bit darker but that's just a minor quibble. Looking good :)

I've made the trouser bits darker; and tryed to match it more to the 'base' I was using. I probably won't fiddle with the shadow though - Inyri, thought the collar could do with a bit of work too; so I've changed that;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1286

Anakin's looks good as well; maybe it would work for one of the unique dark side robes. Maul's just looks more generic to me, and thus more fitting as the standard Dark Jedi robe.

Taken into consideration :)

jonathan7
08-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Well, I have now done the Anakin and Obi-Wan RotS variations...

Here is the Anakin robe which is a possibility for the Dark Jedi robe;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1290

Comparison; http://www.padawansguide.com/anakin/three/promo4_m.jpg

And here is the Obi-Wan robe; which is the Baron Do Apprentice Robe;

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1292

Comparison; http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/wrlds/strwrs/pr/img/orig/Episode_3_Obi-Wan_Kenobi_2.jpg

In other news I finally tracked down what was putting blobs on the black gloves, so will be fixing that.

Just 1 or 2 more of the Padawan models to do and then the first part of the mod can be released :)

Sithspecter
08-01-2008, 11:45 PM
I like the Jolee robe very much, but I'd like to make a suggestion. The pants in Jolee's screenshot look more red than on your robe, but that's just a minor thing. Other than that, they all look great!

TriggerGod
08-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Not to be a burden on you John, but could you edit in an example of each one in your post (Anakin and Obi-Wan)?
Just a question, so I (and maybe others) can make some comparisons.

Ferc Kast
08-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Other than the female collar on Anakin's robe, the new robes look good.

jonathan7
08-02-2008, 06:58 AM
I like the Jolee robe very much, but I'd like to make a suggestion. The pants in Jolee's screenshot look more red than on your robe, but that's just a minor thing. Other than that, they all look great!

By your command :vadar:

Not to be a burden on you John, but could you edit in an example of each one in your post (Anakin and Obi-Wan)?
Just a question, so I (and maybe others) can make some comparisons.

Done. Of course quite literally parts of the above robes are part of the actual robes in promo and exhibition shots.

www.padawansguide.com is an excellent site, which has been very useful, for screenshots and reconstructing the robes.

Other than the female collar on Anakin's robe, the new robes look good.

Could you be more specific and I'll look into changing it :)

TriggerGod
08-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Done. Of course quite literally parts of the above robes are part of the actual robes in promo and exhibition shots.

www.padawansguide.com is an excellent site, which has been very useful, for screenshots and reconstructing the robes. thanks :D

I think Ferc means that area where the two halves of the robe come together.

Ferc Kast
08-02-2008, 12:10 PM

I meant the collar on the female version looked darker than the male version.

jonathan7
08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Update - last of the normal game robes has been done, a few touch ups, then will be ready to release.

Here is the last robe (The Baron Do Sage Robe)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1298

I meant the collar on the female version looked darker than the male version.

Collars are the same, will be shadows opposed to anything else.

Giant Graffiti
08-03-2008, 05:05 PM
^^^

Judging from your stuff on filefront, I'd say you improving.

Jae Onasi
08-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Now there's a bass ackwards compliment. :xp:

Istorian
08-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Great job, jonathan!! You're a skinning guru! *Bow to the guru*:xp:

|I|

jonathan7
08-04-2008, 09:49 AM
On-topic - Part 1 is ready for release; however for some reason ChangeEdit of TSL patcher isn't displaying properly on my laptop, me and Stoffe are in discussion as to why this might be - hopefully this will be fixed soon :)

Great job, jonathan!! You're a skinning guru! *Bow to the guru*:xp:

|I|

Hehe, thanks :)

http://therawfeed.com/pix/mike_myers_as_the_love_guru.jpg

^^^

Judging from your stuff on filefront, I'd say you improving.

Your still digging... :xp:

Nor, do I really understand the point of the comment.

Anyways; No, I'm not improving - my abilities in Photoshop are much the same as they ever were.

My work on Filefront;

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/ScoutScoundrel_Uniforms;92274

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Mandalore_Reskin;89695

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/MandoCamo;90091

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Kurt_Cobain_PC;90250

Now I don't like the rating system on Filefront, as it doesn't achieve anything - comments are far more useful - and liking a mod, is different to the underlying quality behind something.

Let's clarify something - skins are a matter of taste, however anyone with skinning ability will appreciate the skill behind the Mandalore and Mandocamo armour. (Indeed the armours, were harder and took longer to create than the Robes). Even if they don't like the colours - now if people don't think there is skill behind the above Mandalorian skins, then frankly I don't think there is any point in listening to them as they wouldn't know what skill was if it came up and bit them in the ass!

Giant Graffiti
08-04-2008, 12:16 PM
^^^

D'oh! :xp: I was looking at somebody else's mods. :lol:

jonathan7
08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Well Part 1 is now out and about, release thread is here; http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=191027

I am next delighted to announce, that Foolinwave has agreed to help me with part 2 - this will add new robes too the game; (which will be found at the Telos Polar Academy), Custom Jedi Robes for Party members, Custom weapons and clothes for party members, and hopefully the ability to get all the parts for your lightsaber at the Telos Polar Academy.

Here are a couple of the new Robes;

A second variation of Mace Windu's Robe, and a version of Malak's Jedi Robe...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=146&pictureid=1351