PDA

View Full Version : Alien Life Confirmed?

Nedak
07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
http://ufoblogger.blogspot.com/2008/07/edgar-mitchell-apollo-14-moon-nasa.html

also on the front page of www.foxnews.com

Det. Bart Lasiter
07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
I'd hardly call that a confirmation of alien life.

Nedak
07-24-2008, 09:10 PM
What do you need, a body?

EnderWiggin
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM

also on the front page of www.foxnews.com

No.

_EW_

Nedak
07-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I guess I'm the only one who finds it interesting that the 6th man to walk on the moon and a major news station is covering this...

TriggerGod
07-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Any news on Fox is either incorrect, or false.
I mean, look at the Mass Effect scandal.

Nedak
07-24-2008, 09:34 PM

I would usually agree with that as well, but usually Fox doesn't cover stories such as ones like this...

Inyri
07-24-2008, 09:38 PM
As much as I dislike Fox News, did you even read the report on their site, han sala? They reported on the astronaut's statement, not whether or not there are actually aliens. That blog is a crock.

Nedak
07-24-2008, 09:45 PM
I'm aware that they reported on his statement, but I'm still surprised it made front page news.

I'm not taking this as any type of confirmation I just found it interesting.

Also, the link on Fox News takes you here http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,24069817-5001021,00.html

I think this would be more credible then the blog...

jonathan7
07-24-2008, 09:54 PM
If this news is serious, we're all in trouble...

http://itembase.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/alien-monster-giger.jpg

:xp:

Balls! That's all I have to say!

Inyri
07-24-2008, 09:55 PM
A news website isn't like a newspaper. Being visible on the 'front page' doesn't really mean anything. I've seen sillier news on more reputable sites. :)

The man made the statement. No one's saying he didn't. However just because he said it doesn't make it true, and Fox didn't claim the statement was true.

Nedak
07-24-2008, 10:00 PM
A news website isn't like a newspaper. Being visible on the 'front page' doesn't really mean anything. I've seen sillier news on more reputable sites. :)
Obviously, but usually main stories are on the front page of any large news network.

Inyri
07-24-2008, 10:03 PM
That's not really true when it comes to news websites. If you go to ABC New's website, there's a story on the 'front page' about a guy who jilted his wife-to-be. That's not really 'serious news' but it's on the 'front page.'

The article you linked to is minor, at best, it's just got a certain level of public interest attached to it. That's all.

TriggerGod
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM
If this news is serious, we're all in trouble...

{snip}

:xp:

Balls! That's all I have to say!
I bet this is as serious business as the internet is. :carms:

Arcesious
07-24-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah... No. I don't beleive it.

Nedak
07-24-2008, 10:30 PM
That's not really true when it comes to news websites. If you go to ABC New's website, there's a story on the 'front page' about a guy who jilted his wife-to-be. That's not really 'serious news' but it's on the 'front page.'

I guess that could be said for the news on the television then, with the constant rambling about Britany Spears and other celebrities.

Burnseyy
07-24-2008, 10:33 PM
if people think we're the only life in the whole universe, they're pretty narrow minded!
I don't think there's flying sausers coming to earth and little green men, but c'mon lets get over ourselves - we're not that unique.

think about it - why is it so strange that there's life on other planets?
it isn't.

tk102
07-24-2008, 10:34 PM
I knew Britney was an alien!

Darth_Yuthura
07-24-2008, 10:36 PM
The thing I would like to see before I draw conclusions is the confirmation of a reputable scientist... not an astronaut. The astronaut is only the most visible part of space exploration. Who would you recognize more... John Young (astronaut) or Sonja Laroque (scientist)? The one who is most popular.

jonathan7
07-24-2008, 10:37 PM
if people think we're the only life in the whole universe, they're pretty narrow minded!
I don't think there's flying sausers coming to earth and little green men, but c'mon lets get over ourselves - we're not that unique.

think about it - why is it so strange that there's life on other planets?
it isn't.

Who was saying there wasn't Alien life? We're just saying this wasn't... If Aliens had bothered to travel millions of light years to visit us, I'm sure we would know about it...

Burnseyy
07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Who was saying there wasn't Alien life? We're just saying this wasn't... If Aliens had bothered to travel millions of light years to visit us, I'm sure we would know about it...

there's never going to be any 'evidence' unless we can travel that far lol.

we don't even know how the start of life on earth came to be. we're just guessing. and that's all you can really do at the moment, about life on other planets. there's a lot of theories out there, but we don't know which to believe.

TriggerGod
@John: Ask 10 random people on the streets of a major city (New York, LA, hell, even Washington) and at least 1 person will say Aliens aren't real.

Darth_Yuthura
I seriously believe there is life elsewhere in the universe... even intelligent life. I don't think we have to have a sample of alien DNA or a UFO sighting to come to that conclusion. Life is not as rare or fragile as we once thought. There is definite confirmation of microbes that feed off of geothermal energy and many other unforgiving conditions. I think the first confirmation of life will be found within the solar system before extraterestrial life comes to us.

jonathan7
07-24-2008, 10:46 PM
there's never going to be any 'evidence' unless we can travel that far lol.

Unless we get something like worm hole technology off the ground, or managed to lengthen our lifespans significantly, I concur.

That said, the odds of us being alone in the universe are astronomical; though we could be the most technologically advanced life in the universe; who knows?

@John: Ask 10 random people on the streets of a major city (New York, LA, hell, even Washington) and at least 1 person will say Aliens aren't real.

I fail to see either how this is pertinant to the discussion or what it proves; I'm sure 1 in 10 people would say Elvis is still alive. Something is either true or not, if Elvis is dead it doesn't matter if 99% of people think he is alive.

Nedak
07-24-2008, 10:52 PM

It's possible not to know it because we (our government) could be in contact with them and doesn't want us to know.

Now, I'm not a very big conspiracy theorist, I just find all of these interesting and don't take them as absolute fact but I do find it all interesting.

Burnseyy
07-24-2008, 10:57 PM
It's possible not to know it because we (our government) could be in contact with them and doesn't want us to know.

Now, I'm not a very big conspiracy theorist, I just find all of these interesting and don't take them as absolute fact but I do find it all interesting.

it is interesting. I don't believe, however, Area 51 is for alien autopsies and such... I don't believe the Government is 'in contact' with aliens. But hey, I could be wrong.

I just believe theres societies, like ours. Or maybe not societies, but basic animals or 'people' out there, who are just like us, wondering if there IS life on other planets.

There might even be some aliens on a forum, discussing it, now. :lol:

Web Rider
07-24-2008, 11:10 PM
People have been accusing NASA and the government(of just about every nation that cares) of covering up aliens for decades now.

This is hardly news as nothing new has been brought forward. Except for what one guy THINKS NASA knows.

Darth_Yuthura
07-24-2008, 11:12 PM

In contact with them?! What language do they speak? Klingon? Romulan? How would the government know and that such a thing could be kept secret? It is even less likely than if they staged apollo 11.

Da_man
07-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I was really expecting a rickroll when I clicked that link.

@Web Rider: And all the people also THINK, that NASA found an Alien crashed in New Mexico back in the '50s and hid them in a top secret base somewhere in Nevada.

Nedak
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM
In contact with them?! What language do they speak? Klingon? Romulan? How would the government know and that such a thing could be kept secret? It is even less likely than if they staged apollo 11.

Well.. If they're far more technologically advanced then us they are probably far more intelligent and know way more then we do. Also, there are "reports" that they would talk through telepathic communication.

If you would like to learn more about it and answer your own questions, rather then I answering them for you, you should do some research.

Again, I'm not a conspiracy theorist I've just looked deeply into this matter, since I have people close to me that have had their own experiences...

Burnseyy
07-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Again, I'm not a conspiracy theorist I've just looked deeply into this matter, since I have people close to me that have had their own experiences...

i've seen weird things floating about in the sky, (no not planes :lol:) but I don't think they're aliens.... I think it's just like when you see things out of the corner of your eyes.

Inyri
07-24-2008, 11:21 PM
You and Fox Mulder should get together, han.

But in all seriousness, are you going to provide us some reputable sources (preferably that have some kind of proof) or are you just expecting us to take your word for it?

ET Warrior
07-24-2008, 11:24 PM
there's never going to be any 'evidence' unless we can travel that far lol. Or if we were to intercept a radio (or some other wave) signal that was clearly some manner of transmission that did not originate on Earth...

EnderWiggin
07-24-2008, 11:25 PM

Anything that TriggerGod says is either incorrect, or false.
I mean, look at that post.

No.

_EW_

Nedak
07-24-2008, 11:28 PM
You and Fox Mulder should get together, han.

But in all seriousness, are you going to provide us some reputable sources (preferably that have some kind of proof) or are you just expecting us to take your word for it?

I've never told you to take my word for anything...

If you would like me to supply countless UFO video, Reports, ex-astronauts, scientists, ex and current government officials speaking, I will.

As of now I have to leave for a doctors appointment. If you want ask me questions and I'll see if I can have them answered for you.

Again, I am very skeptic on the UFO phenomena and everything I post regarding it I am skeptic of, but still find it extremely interesting.

Darth_Yuthura
07-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Considering all the technology we have today, it's difficult to discern actual evidence from something fabricated. I would be more convinced of life because of the photos taken on Mars than I would from an unconfirmed source. Almost anything could be created and put on TV and the internet.

I would need solid proof that alien life exists that has a confirmed origin... something real.

Darth_Yuthura
07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Or if we were to intercept a radio (or some other wave) signal that was clearly some manner of transmission that did not originate on Earth...

What do you mean by that? There are many radio signals that don't originate from Earth. Even then... it's still possible to mistake a human-made signal for extraterrestrial.

Bob Lion54
07-24-2008, 11:49 PM
If you would like me to supply countless UFO video, Reports, ex-astronauts, scientists, ex and current government officials speaking, I will.

Well, that's the thing. All we have is allegorical sources. Those are interesting but hardly proof and barely evidence.

I won't believe it either way until there is real proof, not just eyewitnesses or shaky videos.

One of the first things a cop learns is that witness testimonies are very fallible. If ten people see a car crash, you will end up with ten different variations of the event. This is why you should never take any eyewitness testimonies for face value.

Now see, that would be proof. Assuming the authenticity could be verified and not just shown on video. P.T. Barnum made a living off of faking new creatures.

Darth_Yuthura
07-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, that's the thing. All we have is allegorical sources. Those are interesting but hardly proof and barely evidence.

I won't believe it either way until there is real proof, not just eyewitnesses or shaky videos.

One of the first things a cop learns is that witness testimonies are very fallible. If ten people see a car crash, you will end up with ten different variations of the event. This is why you should never take any eyewitness testimonies for face value.

What if you have many sources reporting the same thing... and they base their claim first-hand? If many other sources base their claim off the current source in question, they are getting second-hand info... not reliable. What about many testimonies of people who got first-hand info?

EnderWiggin
07-25-2008, 12:49 AM
What if you have many sources reporting the same thing... and they base their claim first-hand? If many other sources base their claim off the current source in question, they are getting second-hand info... not reliable. What about many testimonies of people who got first-hand info?

"Everybody Lies."

_EW_

Bob Lion54
07-25-2008, 01:05 AM
I think I covered that above. People are fallible. We aren't getting an account of what they saw, but an account of what they perceived. Human perception is very fallible and very open to suggestion.

Lets say you and a friend are standing outside on a clear night. Something passes overhead. Your friend sees it first and says, "Look! A UFO!"You look up, and sure enough, there's a UFO passing high above you.

Now lets say the same object passes overhead except your friend says, "Look! A plane!" You look up and see a plane.

Our preconceived notions affect what we see, or what we think we see. This is part of the reason witnesses can't be relied on. With respect to the UFO phenomenon, a lot of people have heard about it. If you see lights in the sky at night, you're a lot more likely to think its a UFO then you would be if there weren't countless media sources supporting the claim or movies dealing with UFOs visiting Earth.

With respect to the "insiders" that have certain information, why should we trust the source? Reality shows are proof enough people will do anything for fame. I can't read Dr. Smith's mind. how do I know he's not trying to get recognition? If he has proof, I'll believe him, but if all he has is a story, then I won't simply take his word for it.

Web Rider
07-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Lets say you and a friend are standing outside on a clear night. Something passes overhead. Your friend sees it first and says, "Look! A UFO!"You look up, and sure enough, there's a UFO passing high above you.

Now lets say the same object passes overhead except your friend says, "Look! A plane!" You look up and see a plane.

Our preconceived notions affect what we see, or what we think we see. This is part of the reason witnesses can't be relied on. With respect to the UFO phenomenon, a lot of people have heard about it. If you see lights in the sky at night, you're a lot more likely to think its a UFO then you would be if there weren't countless media sources supporting the claim or movies dealing with UFOs visiting Earth.
That's partly true, but your example is dramatized I assume to expidite your point? Perceptions do influence what we see, but they do not define it. If I say the sky is blue, and you say the sky is pink, unless you some sort of color blindness, we're not arguing over the color of the sky, we agree it's the same color. What we don't agree on is what to call it.

Certainly this works for mysterious formations of light in sky, but is less applicable to actual sightings. If you and I look up and a B52 passes overhead, we may argue over what kind of plane it is, but we're going to agree it's a big plane and not a UFO.

People will see(to be specific, remember) what they want to remember. That, however, has no effect on the reality of the situation. And it takes a lot of "wishing" to rewrite your memories to make yourself believe the truth you want, instead of the reality. You'll see reality, you'll remember your own truths.

mimartin
07-25-2008, 11:52 AM
@Web Rider: And all the people also THINK, that NASA found an Alien crashed in New Mexico back in the '50s and hid them in a top secret base somewhere in Nevada.
Well these people need to get a clue, since NASA inception was in 1958 and the “Roswell Incident” happened in 1947. What do these people think the Alien hung around the rancher’s pastor until the government created NASA eleven years later? Cannot blame NASA for Roswell, it was a Military operation.

Rev7
07-25-2008, 12:18 PM
No (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25784858/)

I don't believe this. Anyone can go crazy. ;)

Nedak
07-25-2008, 02:13 PM
"Everybody Lies."

_EW_

I bet these guys are lying to, and so are all the other people with similar/the same footage.

Warning:Brief use of profanity:Sorry, not on LF. --Jae

EDIT: Sorry Jae, I have a lot of forums I go on. hard to remember which ones I can post which on. :lol:

Also I guess these people are lying as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk
(note: this conference was also covered by CNN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCGO7Iser4g)

Arcesious
07-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Just because a person beleives one thing doesn't make them incorrect about everything else. As for aliens- I'd expect intelligent life soemwhere far out there. But Really far out there. Where is the nearest planet as capable of supporting life as earth? Besides Mars, Titan, and Europa? It's probably really far away. How advanced aliens are, no one really knows. I beleive that there are simple forms of life out there; however, sentient life is much harder thing to occur. Thing is, any video or audio of a sentient alien or a UFO can easily be doctored. After all, if Hollywood can do it, anyone can. Besides, there's plenty of known government aircraft that can appear to look like orbs and disks in the sky. For example, the Aurora, and many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_aircraft

Nedak
07-25-2008, 03:21 PM
I beleive that there are simple forms of life out there; however, sentient life is much harder thing to occur.

I suggest researching the Drake Equation.

Thing is, any video or audio of a sentient alien or a UFO can easily be doctored. After all, if Hollywood can do it, anyone can. Besides, there's plenty of known government aircraft that can appear to look like orbs and disks in the sky.

Very true. However, most of all the "official" fake ufo footage are usually very well done and look something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61WJqfyW_u4

There are thousands of UFO footage and for every single one of those to be fake would be a large feat!

But even then there are questions like, "How did all of these people see the same thing and a few of them even got video of it?"

or "How did these people that didn't even know each other and were miles away, see the same thing?"

(example: Supposed UFO "fleet" in Mexico. Lots of different footage from different sources. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bkeq8Le54)

Also, I watched on TV a while back a Hollywood filmmaker analyze some of the most popular footage and a lot of it puzzled him.

If I can find video of this show I'll post it.

Arcesious
07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Interesting... But ask yourself this- Can the United States/other governments build working aircraft like that? Also, look at the comments... Interesting speculation to read...

EnderWiggin
07-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I bet these guys are lying to, and so are all the other people with similar/the same footage.

Warning:Brief use of profanity:<3jae<3jae<3jae<3jae--snipped link--<3jae<3jae<3jae<3<3jae

Also I guess these people are lying as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vyVe-6YdUk
(note: this conference was also covered by CNN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCGO7Iser4g)

I could make that footage.

Everybody Lies.

_EW_

ET Warrior
07-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I suggest researching the Drake Equation.

N = R* x fp x ne x fl x fi x fc x L

R* = rate of star formation in our galaxy, a known value

fp = fraction of those stars with planets - mostly unknown.

ne = average number of planets that can support life per star that has planets - completely unknown

fl = fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point - completely unknown

fi = fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life - completely unknown

fc = fraction of civilizations that develop technology that releases detectable signs of existence into space - completely unknown

L = Length of time civilizations release detectable signals into space - completely unknown.

There are some numbers that people have essentially pulled out of thin air to fill in the equation, but to be honest the Drake Equation tells us effectively ZERO about the frequency of other intelligent life in the universe.

Nedak
07-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I could make that footage.

Everybody Lies.

_EW_

Alright make it then.

I guess I should feel cheated in that case. So many people (including family members) have lied to me.

Interesting... But ask yourself this- Can the United States/other governments build working aircraft like that? Also, look at the comments... Interesting speculation to read...

I'd love for that to be the case. However, if it was other governments I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to just fly anywhere they want. If they were our own craft I'm sure we would be testing them elsewhere, besides over large cities and small neighborhoods.

Also, if we have technology like that, then I'm extremely impressed that we developed them in the 40s, since ironically back then Color TV was barely/if at all available.

I even saw on the History Channel that according to Christopher Columbus' logs he saw some sort of UFO. Of course they didn't have cameras back then in 1492 but it will still rather strange.

If you're referring to the comments that they were balloons you will find comments like that at on any UFO related footage. Besides the fact that to me they don't behave how balloons would behave, I don't understand why so many people would record them, or even why the Mexican Government is interested in them, if they were just balloons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCLoRxfqQo

Nedak
07-25-2008, 04:27 PM
There are some numbers that people have essentially pulled out of thin air to fill in the equation, but to be honest the Drake Equation tells us effectively ZERO about the frequency of other intelligent life in the universe.

The equation can give a good idea on how probable it is.

There was an entire special on the probability of life in the universe on the History Channel a while back (if you can't tell I love the History Channel) where they discussed the probability and came up with a number, based on all the variables given. I wish I could find that show.

Also I just found this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_c

DeadYorick
07-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Since there are over 1 billion stars in our galaxy alone, the universe is bigger then we could ever imagine meaning an infinate amount of other galaxies meaning even more billions of stars. I think that at least ONE of those planets can support life. I mean maybe Earth was just randomly spun into a perfect orbit with the sun. That could happen to another star easily.

Wait. Didn't they already find a planet that has the potential to support life outside our solar system? I remember reading about that in the news.

Ray Jones
07-25-2008, 05:33 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581

cire992
07-26-2008, 01:05 AM
Jeez, Han, if you found life on another planet and travelled millions of lightyears to get there, would you just kind of hang around in the lower atmosphere and look at the little ants on the ground... maybe probe a redneck every once in a while? You aren't living in an H.G. Wells novel. No matter where you go in the universe, physics is always the same. If we can prove that we need forces beyond our control (worm holes etc) to get anywhere in this galaxy, then aliens need that, too. And it's an impossible force to harness. :xp:

And don't go thinking the government's hiding the aliens either. SETI is looking for Aliens, the US Government is not.

Take your facts from the scientists, Han, not the conspiracy theorists on the History Channel.

...Your friend was abducted by aliens? Were they Wookies or Klingons? :lol:

Achilles
07-26-2008, 01:10 AM
For those of you not in the know, Edgar Mitchell is a loon.

Source (http://www.amazon.com/Moondust-Search-Men-Fell-Earth/dp/0007155417)
Alternate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Mitchell#Other_interests)

Nedak
07-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Jeez, Han, if you found life on another planet and travelled millions of lightyears to get there, would you just kind of hang around in the lower atmosphere and look at the little ants on the ground...

That would be the simple minded way to look at it. How am I suppose to know what they are here for? There could be a number of things besides just looking at us.

For those of you not in the know, Edgar Mitchell is a loon.

That is kind of strange he tried those experiments

TheExile
07-26-2008, 01:52 AM
@Gliese thing...
~20 yearlights ain't that much. A civilization 100.000 years older then us could've find a way to reach and support the speed of light, and 20 years really isn't much.
And some of those UFO footages are convincing. Actually- and I'm *not* kidding- I saw something weird with my friends, when we were playing football-aka soccer- in an empty road at 1-2 p.m. It was a big ball of light, who hovered above the ground for a couple of seconds and then in an eye blink it accelerated and it took altitude and eventually it exit the atmosphere, but very very fast. Well, don't know what that was, BUT IT WAS!

Corinthian
07-26-2008, 02:17 AM
That would be light reflected off a weather balloon through swamp gas.

cire992
07-26-2008, 11:25 AM
That would be the simple minded way to look at it. How am I suppose to know what they are here for? There could be a number of things besides just looking at us.

You're calling me simple minded, boy? Listen, I went through the same phase as you, where I honestly believed in all this stuff. But after a couple years of seeing grainy videos where you can't distinguish the aliens from the weather balloons and hearing stories about Jethro's adventure with the Grays, you start to realize that all these stories are just cyclical. A cottage industry for the benefit of people who don't know better. Oh! Some weird thing crashed in Shag Harbor and people saw it! Forget that it's a mile away from a Canadian Air Base, I'll call it aliens and write a book about it so I can make money! Obviously, the whole subject has kind of been a let down for me as I grew up. When we're interviewing space aliens on CNN, you can call me simple minded. Until then, all you and your's have are some extravagant claims with not so extravagant evidence.

@ TheExile - Were you guys high on anything when you saw that ufo/jesus/glowing orb/KOTOR3 confirmation/undead Elvis/Buddha? You laugh, but I had a situation like this with an acquaintance and it turned out he was high, and the ufo was heading north toward the airport.

@ Exile and Han - Just because you experience something you didn't expect, or you see a vdeo of something out of the ordinary, does not mean that it is logical, rational or even fair to jump to the absolute most outlandish conclusion. "What did you see, Jimmy?" "Something in the sky!" "Oh, it was Space Aliens!"
That irrational logic is something that's going to haunt human development for a long time to come. In every story there is a spin, in every video and picture there are a million more realistic explanations than E.T. For every alien molested hillbilly there a thousand legitimate Astronomers and Physicists who could drop a single dose of cold, hard science to prove that the only aliens on Earth are the ones jumping our borders.

Nedak
07-26-2008, 11:53 AM
You're calling me simple minded, boy? Listen, I went through the same phase as you, where I honestly believed in all this stuff. But after a couple years of seeing grainy videos where you can't distinguish the aliens from the weather balloons and hearing stories about Jethro's adventure with the Grays, you start to realize that all these stories are just cyclical.

Again, I'm still very skeptic on the whole issue and the reason I'm debating is to gain more information from both sides, you see.

However, my father has had two times where he has seen a so-called "UFO", one being when I was a baby (he saw it with my mother), and the other with a lot of his friends.The way he described it there was no way it could have been anything natural (unless my dad was hyped up on drugs, but I would doubt it).

My dad isn't a big believer on really anything, but the encounters freaked him out.

Also, the people who talk about time-traveling with the Grays are only like 3 people out of the entire UFO believers.

TheExile
07-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, I didn't tell the whole story. It didn't immediately leaved.
First the light abducted us, some lill' gray people made experiments on us, then they left us on the earth and leaved :xp:
I didn't said it's an UFO. And we were clean. I don't know what it was, but I didn't come to this thread to lie, and I'm not a believer. Cmon! Grays??? Did you played Dark Colony too much??? Well, this thread is pointless. Doesn't matters how many pro-UFO proofs it's given, the skeptics will still be skeptics. No matter how many proofs against the UFO's are given, the believers will still be believers.

EnderWiggin
07-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Well, this thread is pointless.

Hmm... this sounds a lot like what you said in the Tribulation thread.

Is there any thread that you think should exist?

Or should we all sit in silence instead?

_EW_

Q
07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Well, this thread is pointless.Yes, as your obnoxious posts tend to have that effect on any thread in which they appear. :roleyess:

ET Warrior
07-26-2008, 08:41 PM
The equation can give a good idea on how probable it is.No. It really can't. It can't because we don't know ANYTHING about the vast majority of the numbers in that equation. The only thing anyone has are general guesses that aren't based on any empiric evidence. The wikipedia article on The Drake Equation points out that some conservative estimates for those values puts the probable number of intelligent civilizations at less than 1, while optimistic guesses puts the number up to 5,000.

Useless.

cire992
07-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Again, I'm still very skeptic on the whole issue and the reason I'm debating is to gain more information from both sides, you see.

However, my father has had two times where he has seen a so-called "UFO", one being when I was a baby (he saw it with my mother), and the other with a lot of his friends.The way he described it there was no way it could have been anything natural (unless my dad was hyped up on drugs, but I would doubt it).

My dad isn't a big believer on really anything, but the encounters freaked him out.

Also, the people who talk about time-traveling with the Grays are only like 3 people out of the entire UFO believers.

Again, why would he think of all things that it was aliens? Why do people jump to these bizarre conclusions? Hey the ground shook, must be an impending locust invasion. :xp:

@ Exile, yeah, I thought you might have been telling a tall tale up there... :D

Nedak
07-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Again, why would he think of all things that it was aliens? Why do people jump to these bizarre conclusions? Hey the ground shook, must be an impending locust invasion. :xp:

Never said they were Aliens. Just UFOs.

and it defied current technology we have so I guess it would be the first conclusion to jump to if you were to judge what it was.

Rev7
07-27-2008, 12:05 AM
There was an entire special on the probability of life in the universe on the History Channel a while back (if you can't tell I love the History Channel) where they discussed the probability and came up with a number, based on all the variables given. I wish I could find that show.
There are lots of UFO stuff on the History Channel, I know this because I watch most of them!, but that doesn't nescisarrily mean that it is true. A lot of the people on those shows are UFO enthusiests. Judging from the books that they have wrote, what they have deticated their life too, ect. My advice to you is not always believe what you read/watch. Oh, I love the History Channel too. :D
Also I just found this interesting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_c
I don't know if I missed it, but where exactly is this...I will just say rock....located?
Never said they were Aliens. Just UFOs.

and it defied current technology we have so I guess it would be the first conclusion to jump to if you were to judge what it was.
Well, if something that comes from a different planet isn't (a) alien, what exactly is it? ;)

Nedak
07-27-2008, 12:09 AM
There are lots of UFO stuff on the History Channel, I know this because I watch most of them!, but that doesn't nescisarrily mean that it is true. A lot of the people on those shows are UFO enthusiests. Judging from the books that they have wrote, what they have deticated their life too, ect. My advice to you is not always believe what you read/watch. Oh, I love the History Channel too. :D

I wasn't talking about UFOs, I was talking about the probability of other life in the universe.

I don't know if I missed it, but where exactly is this...I will just say rock....located?
About 20 light years away

Well, if something that comes from a different planet isn't (a) alien, what exactly is it? ;)

I never said it for sure came from another planet, or even that it was for sure alien, it was something unexplained which got me interested in the UFO phenomena, since I can't find anything else that fits the subscription I was given.

Darth_Yuthura
07-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Anyone know the story of the boy who cried "Worf"?

How many times has 'UFO' been cried out? Why should we believe this to be any different? It's only the Nth time it has happened.

We should just assume that if and when life is discovered elsewhere... we'll know. Until then, it'd be best not to believe in something that can't be confirmed.

Rev7
07-27-2008, 12:19 AM
I wasn't talking about UFOs, I was talking about the probability of other life in the universe.
Oh, sorry. I am a little tired. :)

About 20 light years away
That is pretty far away. Thanks!

I never said it for sure came from another planet, or even that it was for sure alien, it was something unexplained which got me interested in the UFO phenomena, since I can't find anything else that fits the subscription I was given.
I know that much. ;) One thing though, do you think that UFO's came be Earth made?

Inyri
07-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Rev7, UFO stands for "unidentified flying object." It could be a banana for all we know or care. It's technically a general term.

Q
07-27-2008, 12:36 AM
That is pretty far away. Thanks!That's actually very close from a galactic point of view. ;)

Nedak
07-27-2008, 12:50 AM
I know that much. One thing though, do you think that UFO's came be Earth made?
As I've said previously, it's hard for me to believe that they have been made here on earth since the 1940s (possibly even earlier).

To me they're either an illusion or some strange craft that may potentially belong to a superior humanoid species.

Of course I'm open to all other explanations.

How many times has 'UFO' been cried out? Why should we believe this to be any different? It's only the Nth time it has happened.

Some UFOs can be explained by natural phenomena, but some leave me puzzled (example: experience with my dad and experience with my friends).

I would love to hear an explanation for both one of these days. If they're alien craft... cool, if they were something else, then at least I know.

Rev7
07-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Rev7, UFO stands for "unidentified flying object." It could be a banana for all we know or care. It's technically a general term.
I know that. I only assume that he is talking about alien UFO because of the name of the thread. :giveup: When I was writing my several posts that certianly came into my head. I just assumed....
That's actually very close from a galactic point of view.
Well yes, but that is still quite a long way away. If I did the math right, it is about 117,572,363,809,740 miles away from Earth, or about 1,264,820 AU from Earth. That is really far away to me, but I understand what you are saying. :)

TheExile
07-27-2008, 03:55 AM
@ EW
Well, sorry for the Tribulation thing. I'm an eco-freak! Can't HELP IT!!!
And I believe I have been misunderstood. The thread itself it's not pointless. We learned that an famous astronaut said that aliens are among us. The discussion about aliens visited/not visited Earth is pointless. The skeptics will remain skeptics, the believers will remain believers. But that's just my opinion.

EnderWiggin
07-27-2008, 09:33 AM
We learned that an famous astronaut is an absolute lunatic.

Fix'd :xp:

_EW_

cire992
07-27-2008, 11:59 AM
As I've said previously, it's hard for me to believe that they have been made here on earth since the 1940s (possibly even earlier).

Way to insult our hard working engineers, Han. Real classy. Go down to JPL labs and say that to the engineers, see what happens.

superior humanoid species.

Like Humans? Because the grays aren't real, Han, you agreed. It's impossible. Physics, you can't break the laws of physics, Han.

Why didn't you say that you were one of them?

Of course I'm open to all other explanations.

Except the rational, less interesting ones, apparantly. Life isn't a comic book.

You're clearly not a skeptic in my opinion, based on what you've said. I'm going to give you quick, simple conclusion from Physics (because if I tried to get into the laws and equations I'd butcher it).
1. You can't break the laws of physics.
2. According to the laws of physics, we can't get to the rest of the Galaxy.
3. If we can't get to the rest of the Galaxy, neither can your "superior humanoid species" get here.
4. Physics is universal. The aliens are bound to those same laws as us. That's where the whole superior technology thing breaks down, so don't even try it on me. :D

PoiuyWired
07-27-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, there is definitely Aliens... they are from across the borders...

As for the "lifeform from outer space" thing, I think the question is not "if they exist" (they must, case of pure probability) but more of a "if they have visited earth" case.

Now, ignoring the possable virus/bacteria hitchhiker on astrids, I don't think there has been any space alien visits. Obviously this is not beyond the scope of extreme possability. I mean, sometimes explorers do go far far out in the way to film for animal planet and things like that, so it is entirely possable (though extremely improbable) that there had been a Hutt XSteve Arwin doing some visits before...

On the other hand, there is nothing in physics saying that intergalactic travel is impossable. I personally thinkthat people are too boxed in by the whole lightspeed travel thing (which is impossable by physics) If anything it would be either by thousands of years of hybanation for the low tech people to two really near planets (not applicable to Earth which is out in nowhere) or by some other forms of travel that does not involve in going really really fast.

Don't ask me how its going to work though. I am just saying that some other forms of locomotion may exist that we have never thought of before, and our knowledge of physics is still incomplete; its just that we know a bit more than we did back in the days, as always. I mean, a few thousand years ago no one would expace people trolling on a internet form claiming some future elected head of state being the mythical antichrist that would bring the end of all things... Our thoughts and imagination is still somewhat bound by what we are able to understand with what little information we can muster from the present day world.

EnderWiggin
07-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, there is definitely Aliens... they are from across the borders...

-_-

You don't want to get me started on this debate.

_EW_

Pho3nix
07-27-2008, 01:41 PM
I'd hardly call that solid proof, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

I definitely believe that there is alien life out there, I mean, why wouldn't there be? I can't understand why anyone wouldn't believe in life outside Earth.

Rathoris
07-27-2008, 02:10 PM
hell, they are making a KoToR MMO.... sure ill believe this hehe.
@ the people who keep saying it's impossible because of the laws of physics and stuff: Physics are just a bunch of self imposed rules we use to make an approximation of the world around us. Just because they seem accurate enough on a certain scale doesn't mean we understand anything.

Inyri
07-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I take it you've never studied physics. :lol:

Rev7
07-27-2008, 02:56 PM
-_-

You don't want to get me started on this debate.

_EW_
You don't want to get anyone started on that. ;)
hell, they are making a KoToR MMO.... sure ill believe this hehe.
That is as good as reason as any.
@ the people who keep saying it's impossible because of the laws of physics and stuff: Physics are just a bunch of self imposed rules we use to make an approximation of the world around us. Just because they seem accurate enough on a certain scale doesn't mean we understand anything.
Is there anything that is 'more accurate' out there then? ;)

Ctrl Alt Del
07-27-2008, 03:19 PM
I definitely believe that there is alien life out there, I mean, why wouldn't there be? I can't understand why anyone wouldn't believe in life outside Earth.

Maybe for the same reason some don't believe on God?

Nedak
07-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Way to insult our hard working engineers, Han. Real classy. Go down to JPL labs and say that to the engineers, see what happens.
Are you kidding me? Haha, sorry pal for finding it ironic that we barely even had color television, let alone a computer that isn't the size of an entire room.

Like Humans? Because the grays aren't real, Han, you agreed. It's impossible. Physics, you can't break the laws of physics, Han.
When did I ever agree that it was impossible to have another humanoid species, and since when did that have anything to do with the law of physics?

Why didn't you say that you were one of them?
Because I said BARELY any UFO believers have come out to say that they time traveled with the Grays. I've never been abducted by aliens sir.

Except the rational, less interesting ones, apparantly. Life isn't a comic book.
Which ones were those? The one where the government in the 40s created aircraft that can reverse gravity, go several thousands of miles per-hour, break-in-two and become separate orbs, let alone do many other things I've never seen, that could be described as impossible by other modern technology? Not mention never making a sound in the process. Damn, and the Germans were still a threat to us? They must have had crazy sh**.

You're clearly not a skeptic in my opinion, based on what you've said.
I am very skeptic. Anything that I can not prove or disprove I am skeptic of.

2. According to the laws of physics, we can't get to the rest of the Galaxy.
I don't believe the law of physics says that, I'm pretty sure we can but it would take too long.

3. If we can't get to the rest of the Galaxy, neither can your "superior humanoid species" get here.
Of course.. We can, it would just take an entire population living and reproducing aboard a massive spacecraft in-order for it to work. Of course I don't believe we have the technology for that now, and we aren't ready to do that.

4. Physics is universal. The aliens are bound to those same laws as us. That's where the whole superior technology thing breaks down, so don't even try it on me. :D

Unless of course you come across a 'wormhole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole)". There are many things that scientists don't understand about the universe, for all we know there could be other dimensions.

Rathoris
07-27-2008, 04:12 PM
i'm not saying i have something more accurate. What i'm saying is we are a very tiny little part of this massive universe around us and it's rather unlikely we understand everything in it.
And fyi i do studie physics actually, i just try to stay open minded. After all current theories are all based on our limited human logic and intelligence. :xp:

cire992
07-27-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't believe the law of physics says that, I'm pretty sure we can but it would take too long.

You don't believe? You clearly don't KNOW.
Too long. Exactly. Why then, do you believe Aliens can break the laws of physics? They aren't gods pal. Too long, and we know we can't go past a certain speed limit to make it shorter. That's proven, so enything we learn from here has to fit with that principle. I can't explain it to you, you really need to read into it yourself. Long story short, we know enough to understand what can't be done.

Unless of course you come across a 'wormhole (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole)". There are many things that scientists don't understand about the universe, for all we know there could be other dimensions.

Say that to Einstein. Say that to Hawking. I don't know why you discredit scientists instead of listen to them. They no more about the universe than you or I, and certainly more than anyone who thinks they've seen a spaceship. There are no wormholes around here. And do you know why? There's not enough mass or energy to create something like that around here. Do you know how much mass and how much energy and how much gravity you need to create a wormhole? I won't bother finding the number, it's so big that it doesn't even really mean anything. But what intillegent being would honestly drive into a wormhole? We don't really know a hell of a lot about them. We've never met anyone who went into to one and came back out. :lol:

Nedak
07-27-2008, 05:52 PM
Too long. Exactly. Why then, do you believe Aliens can break the laws of physics? They aren't gods pal.

Did you actually read what I wrote?

Since when has intergalactic travel been in "the law of physics"?

Say that to Einstein. Say that to Hawking.

It's ironic that you would say that since Albert Einstein and Nathan Rosen are the people who came up with the idea of Einstein-Rosen bridges (more commonly known as wormholes).

And while you're at it, go ask some astronomers if they've seen any nearby wormholes lately. Besides, do you know how much energy and mass you would need to create a wormhole? I won't even bother looking it up. The number was so immense it didn't even really mean anything to me. Create a wormhole. Not in your life. Or an extraterrestrial's.

"Until recently, theorists believed that wormholes could exist for only an instant of time, and anyone trying to pass through would run into a singularity. But more recent calculations show that a truly advanced civilization might be able to make wormholes work. By using something physicists call “exotic matter,” which has a negative energy, the civilization could prevent a wormhole from collapsing on itself. The stuff of science fiction, to be sure. But perhaps some day in the far future, it could also turn into science fact."

That is from pbs.org Stephen Hawking's Universe.

I'm finished arguing about this. You smart, Han, but not smart enough to make the kind of sensational arguments that you've been attempting. Good debate though, we've just proven that this really is a hot topic for some people.

I'm also glad that I have finally had the opportunity to debate with someone who isn't clear on what the law of physics are, and has included absolutely no sources.

cire992
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Heh, nice! Okay, I admit defeat. You've proven that I don't know much about physics. Now show me the aliens, Einstein.

Darth_Yuthura
07-27-2008, 06:23 PM
i'm not saying i have something more accurate. What i'm saying is we are a very tiny little part of this massive universe around us and it's rather unlikely we understand everything in it.
And fyi i do studie physics actually, i just try to stay open minded. After all current theories are all based on our limited human logic and intelligence. :xp:

I would agree that we have a VERY limited knowledge of the universe. That doesn't mean we should throw away everything that makes scientific sense and assume that everything else defies what we know. Unless there is something that directly challenges the law of physics, we should assume proven concepts to apply everywhere else. If it is disproved, then we could venture other theories. Until then, all we have to go on is our limited knowledge.

Nedak
07-27-2008, 07:26 PM
Heh, nice! Okay, I admit defeat. You've proven that I don't know much about physics. Now show me the aliens, Einstein.

I would doubt Einstein could even accomplish that request. :xp:

Rev7
07-27-2008, 07:52 PM
I would doubt Einstein could even accomplish that request. :xp:
Due to the fact that he is dead. :xp:

Nedak
07-27-2008, 08:01 PM
No, he will always be alive...
in my heart.

Moving on...:dev14:

cire992
07-27-2008, 08:40 PM
^ Einstein will always with us, Han. He has become one with the physics. :p

El Sitherino
07-27-2008, 09:00 PM

No body. No crime.

Proof can not be derived from an anecdote and #-handed information.

As well any advances we've "mysteriously" made cannot be cast as proof of extraterrestrial presence.

One can however logically conclude; that in a believed ever expanded (unlimited in itself) universe, that we are not the only form of intelligent life, with the capacity for human-like knowledge.

Darth_Yuthura
07-27-2008, 09:06 PM
^ Einstein will always with us, Han. He has become one with the physics. :p

Anyway... wouldn't it seem more logical to assume that something we can't explain is something other than extraterrestrial? There are so many other reasons or assumptions other than that it was an alien spacecraft. In ALL other more likely assumptions, why do so many jump to the conclusion that it came from another solar system? Maybe it's like modern religion, only god has been replaced by aliens. Then it can explain anything that doesn't make sense because we don't understand it.

Nedak
07-27-2008, 09:21 PM
^
That's a far jump, but technically anything can be possible...

even if it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. x)

cire992
07-27-2008, 09:35 PM
^Yeah Yuthura, I tried that spiel, didn't get through to anyone. Han, if you're really as interested in ETs as you sound, my bet is that SETI institute are the guys who are going to be on top of all this if and/or when we find something. The chief behind the institute is Seth Shostak (sp?), you've probably seen him on TV at some point. He doesn't care much about UFOs, but he's written a few brilliant books you might find interesting.

As for these UFOs/flying elephants/jesus/swamp gas apparitions that folks see flying around... what difference does it make? Whether they're aliens/Russians/the weather channel spying on us/ill-spent tax-payer dollars they don't have much to say. So, yeah, forgot where I was going with that. :lol:

Nedak
07-27-2008, 09:42 PM
. Han, if you're really as interested in ETs as you sound, my bet is that SETI institute are the guys who are going to be on top of all this if and/or when we find something. The chief behind the institute is Seth Shostak (sp?), you've probably seen him on TV at some point. He doesn't care much about UFOs, but he's written a few brilliant books you might find interesting.

I think I'll stick with my current career goals ;).

As for these UFOs/flying elephants/jesus/swamp gas apparations that folks see flying around... what difference does it make? If they're aliens/Russians/ill-spent tax-payer dollars they don't have much to say. So, yeah, forgot where I was going with that. :lol:

Again they could have a lot to say. (crop circles, deals with gov. who really knows)

Until they are a proven hoax or until they are a confirmed fact, I will continue looking up at the stars at night and wonder.

http://www.esa.int/images/Hubble_36345_L.jpg

El Sitherino
07-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Anyway... wouldn't it seem more logical to assume that something we can't explain is something other than extraterrestrial? There are so many other reasons or assumptions other than that it was an alien spacecraft. In ALL other more likely assumptions, why do so many jump to the conclusion that it came from another solar system? Maybe it's like modern religion, only god has been replaced by aliens. Then it can explain anything that doesn't make sense because we don't understand it.

That comparison is horrible and inaccurate.

PS: Scientology is bull**** because it's based on Science Fiction books, it's the same as a religion based on the Vulcan in Star Trek or some ****.

Jae Onasi
07-27-2008, 10:20 PM
*Jae rummages through boxes and bags at home*
Hmmm, I wonder where I left my tinfoil hat. That should facilitate communications.

cire992
07-27-2008, 10:31 PM
@ Jae - Tinfoil hats work, but the aliens are real attracted to hillbillies. They like probing 'em.

@ Han - Current career goals? Huh? I was just recommending you take a look at what SETI does. They're a bunch of astronomers that use Radio telescopes to try to listen in on anything unnatural in the galaxy (spying on aliens). Every once and a while they put out some articles about things they may or may not have found. Just figured it kind of tied into the whole discussion. I think it's pretty cool. :(
Crop Circles... too lazy to debate about that (about whether the guys who confessed to making them were human or not :p ). Government Buyoffs?! Oh noes, stupid corrupt politicians bribe aliens not to talk about being aliens! I'm so moving to Canada. :D
I like the picture, though. It's neat when you look at that picture and realize that you're also kind of looking way back in time, too.

Emperor Devon
07-27-2008, 10:32 PM
here jae you can borrow one of mine i've made extras

http://cr4.globalspec.com/PostImages/200709/TinFoil_DB52B2F1-0E7F-A983-F0F9D799A20B06C8.jpg

even my cat gets one who knows which of us the aliens may want to communicate with :nutz3:

mimartin
07-27-2008, 10:39 PM
*Jae rummages through boxes and bags at home*
Hmmm, I wonder where I left my tinfoil hat. That should facilitate communications.

here jae you can borrow one of mine i've made extras

even my cat gets one who knows which of us the aliens may want to communicate with :nutz3::roleyess:
Shinny side up. – Reflects brain wave scans.

Shinny side towards your skull – Amplifies the scans allowing communication. If communication is indeed what the aliens want. Other wise your brain is just sucked dry.

Nedak
07-27-2008, 10:42 PM
@ Han - Current career goals? Huh? I was just recommending you take a look at what SETI does. They're a bunch of astronomers that use Radio telescopes to try to listen in on anything unnatural in the galaxy (spying on aliens). Every once and a while they put some articles about things they may or may not have found. Just figured it kind of tied into the whole discussion. I think it's pretty cool. :(

Oh I must have read your reply wrong. I've already looked into SETI.

Crop Circles... too lazy to debate about that (about whether the guys who confessed to making the were human or not :p ).

Har har har.

if you wanna debate about that just let me know.

Government Buyoffs?! Oh noes, stupid corrupt politicians bribe aliens not to talk about being aliens! I'm so moving to Canada.

again not what I'm talking about.

What, do you want Captain Zorkon from Nebulzak IV to make a press conference?

cire992
07-27-2008, 10:43 PM
@ Devon - Great Lucas' Beard, your cat is Epic! It looks like it's about to kill something!

@ Han - No, I want a couple of Asari broads and some death sticks. Then you'll never hear me complain again, I swear.

Nedak
07-27-2008, 10:47 PM
You think that's great?! meet my girlfriend

http://www.therazor.org/images/tinfoil_hat_girl.jpg

Darth_Yuthura
07-27-2008, 11:22 PM
That comparison is horrible and inaccurate.

PS: Scientology is bull**** because it's based on Science Fiction books, it's the same as a religion based on the Vulcan in Star Trek or some ****.

I wasn't trying to badmouth religion. If you think I did, I apologize.

I was trying to imply that many people often used religion to fill in the holes of life that we don't know. It seems that the term 'UFO' now relates more to an alien ship more than it does to its true meaning. I think that we too often connect something we don't know or understand to one of the most unlikely explanations there are. That is simply because it could seemingly explain anything and everything. Aliens are not known to us, so it would be possible they have the technology to pull anything off that we see.

The problem is that there has been no confirmation of aliens, so until that happens, a UFO is more likely to be anything else than it is an alien spacecraft.

El Sitherino
07-28-2008, 01:54 AM
Aliens are hardly the common explanation for odd events. It's simply that those who believe such are very vocal and out spoken. Not to mention our media these days is sensationalist and targeted toward the idiotic.

TheExile
07-28-2008, 01:57 AM
UFOs ain't alien spacecraft!!! UFOs are secret airplanes with sooper-dooper technology developed by the US Army, invested in by the US Government :xp:
4 decays ago, the UFOs where Russian Rockets!!! Well, that's another common believe...
People can be sooo weird...

Rathoris
07-28-2008, 03:19 AM
I would agree that we have a VERY limited knowledge of the universe. That doesn't mean we should throw away everything that makes scientific sense and assume that everything else defies what we know. Unless there is something that directly challenges the law of physics, we should assume proven concepts to apply everywhere else. If it is disproved, then we could venture other theories. Until then, all we have to go on is our limited knowledge.

why do you think i bother studying physics, it's the best we can do ;)
As long as you realise that if you keep asking the almighty 'why' question you'll find we know very little. The entire universe could be a quark in an atom on some lifeform's bum in an other dimension for all we know.

Emperor Devon
07-28-2008, 05:55 AM
@ Devon - Great Lucas' Beard, your cat is Epic! It looks like it's about to kill something!

The pic's not mine. I didn't even go out of my way to find it - turned up on the first or second page of Google. :p

Ctrl Alt Del
07-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Anyway... wouldn't it seem more logical to assume that something we can't explain is something other than extraterrestrial?

Witchcraft?

cire992
07-28-2008, 02:09 PM
^ Yeah, they tried that in Mexico. There was a flying witch rash for a while there. Or something like that...

@ Devon - Well... that cat still rules.

Darth_Yuthura
07-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Witchcraft?

That's what they said when everyone believed Earth was the center of the universe. Now that we know we are not, witchcraft has lost its power to explain why things are the way they are. Now that we know those stars are just like ours, 'aliens' have become modern day 'witchcraft.' If aliens are confirmed, then strange events will become 'trans-dimensional anomaly.'

cire992
07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
^ And it's all fueled by jackapes who think they can profit off paranoia, and knuckleheads who are hopelessly paranoid. Trust me, people, you don't want to be either.

Darth333
07-29-2008, 12:25 AM
:roleyess:
Shinny side up. – Reflects brain wave scans.

Shinny side towards your skull – Amplifies the scans allowing communication. If communication is indeed what the aliens want. Other wise your brain is just sucked dry.

There' here :alien5: : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2365076&highlight=brainwave#post2365076

besides, the new avatar (http://lucasforums.com/image.php?u=105269&dateline=1217029782) is proof enough :carms:

Rev7
07-29-2008, 01:27 AM
There' here :alien5: : http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2365076&highlight=brainwave#post2365076

besides, the new avatar (http://lucasforums.com/image.php?u=105269&dateline=1217029782) is proof enough :carms:
teekay an alien?! :eek:

EnderWiggin
07-29-2008, 01:06 PM

Case closed.

Of course, the lawyer has the best argument :xp:

We might as well lock the thread now. :D

_EW_

Q
07-29-2008, 01:20 PM
That cat looks seriously pissed.

Quanon
07-30-2008, 01:58 PM
:lol: what a nice thread.

Anyway more or less on the topic: It always amazes me how "human" these kid/adult-napping aliens are.

Two legs, Two hands, arms, eyes, hairless skin... really, us humans can't imagine alien life forms.

As usually our aliens are always going to be a mix of stuff we've seen in our enviroment and thats earth, so its actually pretty hard for us to come up with something truelly alien.

I'm very sure there are many ways our "sences" could be formed differantly, what I mean is that perhaps you don't need our type of eyes or eyes to see.

Plus I'm sure whatever the aliens would build to fly, it won't be an abstract form in the sky, it'll be formed to its function( and comfort of use) as most of our own machines are.

This also reminds of that funny pixar short of a driving exam of an alien in his UFO, hilarious stuff...

The Source
08-02-2008, 02:08 AM
While trying to keep on subject, I thought I would share some stuff I learned. About seven years ago, I was searching online for UFO stuff. After I made my way to the NASA and SETI site, I bumped into a few interesting articles. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the exact online addresses. Since it had been a long time, I didn’t think about bookmaking them. As a result of the article’s content, the information has been burned into my mind for years. Every time I read an article about aliens, signals, and ufos, I cannot help but think back to the articles I found.

Opinion and Article Facts (Mixed):
1 – NASA and SETI signed a nondisclosure agreement with the government. If they ever find evidence of life, (signals, images, etc…), they cannot in any way share that information. Big deal right? Well, the agreement was sign into law in the 1980s.
2 – SETI received a signal during the very first attempt. After SETI caught the signal, the government jumped to prevent public disclosure. Before the government could do anything about it, SETI already had released the signal to colleges and universities. They call it the WOW signal.
3 – When people ask the government the big question, “Was there an unidentified flying saucer on March 4th.” The government will say, “No.” Why? Since they know what is in the sky, they can answer the question without revealing any answers. Where am I going with this? While visiting the NASA site four years ago, there was an article about how the government dodges the big question. Get it?
4 – Another interesting article I read was about evidence. Every single piece of public evidence of UFOs is blurry or tiny. There is not a single piece of definitive evidence to prove the existence of UFOs. Why have we not been able to catch UFOs on camera? If they do visit Earth in any fashion, they will stay in high orbit away from public viewing. We will never know the truth in our lifetime.

EnderWiggin
08-02-2008, 07:10 AM
We will never know the truth in our lifetime.
You have absolutely no basis for this claim.

_EW_

The Source
08-02-2008, 09:47 AM
You have absolutely no basis for this claim.

_EW_
Thats why its called an opinion. If NASA did find life on Mars (or other locations), we will never have the clearance to obtain such knowledge. Area 51 is an example of myth meets technological advancement. Most of what we call ufos are man made, or our governments allready knows what is going on. I think there is a level of moral responsibility to keep information about alien life away from the public. If we awoke to the news that life exists elsewhere, some people will react in an extremely violent or religious manner. People will be scared from not understanding the unknown. Some extremists will arm themselves, for they believe a foreign invader is a threat. On the flip side of the coin, some people will worship the alien new comers. I think it would be nieve to jump to both conclusions, but the majority of the world will not see aliens from a neutral perspective. During Ronald Regan's presidental terms, he made an interesting comment. Even though he was refering to breaking down borders, he did shead some light on how people may behave. "If we were to be threatened by an alien invader, the borders we have in place would crumble. We would be united." <--- Loosely quoted. Our government would react militarily to prevent first contact with the general pupulation. Why? Anything that threatens the day to day activity of normality will cause psychological harm. I'm willing to bet that some countries would fire a missle upon first contact. Since there are countries bent on maintaining control, they will try to eliminate anything that will change social psychology.

EnderWiggin
08-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Thats why its called an opinion. If NASA did find life on Mars (or other locations), we will never have the clearance to obtain such knowledge. Area 51 is an example of myth meets technological advancement. Most of what we call ufos are man made, or our governments allready knows what is going on. I think there is a level of moral responsibility to keep information about alien life away from the public. If we awoke to the news that life exists elsewhere, some people will react in an extremely violent or religious manner. People will be scared from not understanding the unknown. Some extremists will arm themselves, for they believe a foreign invader is a threat. On the flip side of the coin, some people will worship the alien new comers. I think it would be nieve to jump to both conclusions, but the majority of the world will not see aliens from a neutral perspective. During Ronald Regan's presidental terms, he made an interesting comment. Even though he was refering to breaking down borders, he did shead some light on how people may behave. "If we were to be threatened by an alien invader, the borders we have in place would crumble. We would be united." <--- Loosely quoted. Our government would react militarily to prevent first contact with the general pupulation. Why? Anything that threatens the day to day activity of normality will cause psychological harm. I'm willing to bet that some countries would fire a missle upon first contact. Since there are countries bent on maintaining control, they will try to eliminate anything that will change social psychology.

Just a quick thought - The aliens want to be seen. The government doesn't want you to see them. Who do you think is more likely to have their goal accomplished? Since we're making claims with no proof whatsoever now, here's one: why would the government find out at all? For all we know, in the alien culture, a people's leaders might be wealthy oil CEOs. So maybe they won't go to the elected US officials - they'll go to OPEC.

_EW_

TheExile
08-06-2008, 09:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5PQleH2Hz8
Came across this...
Hm... And please, after you read the movie's title, tell me, what luy means?

Edit:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpzwqZkmaN0&feature=related
This will freak you out!
Bah this story is like inspired from Dark Colony... AWESOME GAME!

Edit2: This even MORE!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkeOUzKRzLY

Edit3:
If you still want more watch this, you won't sleep at night I'm telling ya:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJTOYmwu_Qo&feature=related

Nedak
08-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Hm... And please, after you read the movie's title, tell me, what luy means?
It's just a typo...

This will freak you out!
Bah this story is like inspired from Dark Colony... AWESOME GAME!
I love how they make it seem like Aliens would be hostile.

Edit3:
If you still want more watch this, you won't sleep at night I'm telling ya
I lol'd