PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Mandalorian Mayhem Mod

Pages : [1] 2

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 10:19 PM
I'll make the module and some weapons. Anyone else who wants to participate is encouraged to do so. Quick, someone come up with a plot!

ps. This is a spinoff from the Deadeye mod. Just separating two ideas.......

-

Inyri
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
Mandalorian bake sale gone wrong.

I strongly encourage you to come up with your own plot since it's (a) your mod, and (b) the most important part of the mod which you should not leave up to someone else.

EnderWiggin
07-29-2008, 10:23 PM
I'll make the module and some weapons. Anyone else who wants to participate is encouraged to do so. Quick, someone come up with a plot!

ps. This is a spinoff from the Deadeye mod. Just separating two ideas.......

-

Don't you think plot should be something that you think up?

_EW_

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Mandalorian bake sale gone wrong.

I strongly encourage you to come up with your own plot since it's (a) your mod, and (b) the most important part of the mod which you should not leave up to someone else.

That was directed at the members of the Deadeye mod who wanted to do something with Mandalorians.

Don't you think plot should be something that you think up?

_EW_

Edit: <snip> @EW: My response was rude. My Bad.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-29-2008, 10:29 PM
I can't really think of plots right now, really busy with school stuff. But I can find time to make a new item for this. Just need to know the deadline. I will make a new heavy armor.

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 10:35 PM
I can't really think of plots right now, really busy with school stuff. But I can find time to make a new item for this. Just need to know the deadline. I will make a new heavy armor.

Depending on what DH had in mind, and what DA wants to make, I would hazard a guess of 2-3 weeks.

-

SuperSaiyanZolo
07-29-2008, 10:37 PM
Awesome, I will start working on it this weekend, its the only time I have free.

e-varmint
07-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Awesome, I will start working on it this weekend, its the only time I have free.

Excellent!

General clarification: I started this thread to avoid getting a "keep the thread on-topic" spanking in the Legion Of the Deadeye thread. I liked the idea of doing something with Mandalorians, but wanted to leave the specifics in the hands of the individuals who came up with the idea.

-

greggomonkey
07-30-2008, 01:46 AM
the mandalorians could be tying to collect relics from their past or something
you know just a thought use it if you want give credits and ill be fine.

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 02:06 AM
the mandalorians could be tying to collect relics from their past or something
you know just a thought use it if you want give credits and ill be fine.

:D Relic collection is always good! I'll make an ancient Taung Axe, which was used by Mandalore The First to kill Mythosaurs.

-

Drunkside
07-30-2008, 02:19 AM
I could do something as well... Im just so busy doing nothing that it might take a while:p But im a kind of person who finds it very difficult to come up with ideas of my own, like sometimes i extract an armor texture, stare at it for 30 mins and then remove it as nothing comes to my mind...

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 02:28 AM
I could do something as well... Im just so busy doing nothing that it might take a while:p But im a kind of person who finds it very difficult to come up with ideas of my own, like sometimes i extract an armor texture, stare at it for 30 mins and then remove it as nothing comes to my mind...

[force inspire]
You will wake up at 3:00am with an idea
[/force inspire]

Yes, I stole that from someone, but I cannot remember who.

Got any artifact ideas?

-

Darth Atris
07-30-2008, 03:15 AM
I will be giving you more skins for this mod

Drunkside
07-30-2008, 06:31 AM
Wouldnt the stuff of the mandalore the first make good artifacts? And BTW I hope that your force inspire doesnt work... I have hardly gotten any sleep lately, i just lie in my bed for the whole night...

EnderWiggin
07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
That was directed at the members of the Deadeye mod who wanted to do something with Mandalorians.

Edit: <snip> @EW: My response was rude. My Bad.

-

If this thread wasn't directed at the public, perhaps a more private method would have been preferable?
How were we (members, trying to be helpful) supposed to know that you were only talking to two or three other members in this ENTIRE forum?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see your snappish comment. Too bad.

_EW_

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
If this thread wasn't directed at the public, perhaps a more private method would have been preferable?
How were we (members, trying to be helpful) supposed to know that you were only talking to two or three other members in this ENTIRE forum?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see your snappish comment. Too bad.

_EW_

Well, it's all sorted out now.

@ Everyone else. This is an open mod, any one who wants to join should feel free. I'm not trying to be cliquish.:)

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
we can use my nikto skins

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 03:24 PM
we can use my nikto skins

That is an excellent idea! I was hoping you would suggest that. I love the Nitko Skins, they are much better than the ones that Bioware made.

Any ideas for a plotline? So far, we have relic collecting, but we don't have a where or why.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:29 PM
the mandalorians are ammasing an army to conquor the galexy like it says in my Location: section

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
the mandalorians are ammasing an army to conquor the galexy like it says in my Location: section

Sounds good to me. I'll start working on a module for them. A big one.

By the way, I think you should be the one to designate the team name.:D

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
cool ill think about it mabey team mandalore? i dont know click on the link in my sig and look at all the mando mods i have and we can use them for this

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 03:44 PM
cool ill think about it mabey team mandalore? i dont know click on the link in my sig and look at all the mando mods i have and we can use them for this

Very well then.

Team Mandalore (so far) in alphabetical order:

Darth Atris - Skins
Darth Hanhar - Plot elements, Team Name, A whole buncha other good stuff
Drunkside: Lightsaber and/or armor, I think
e-varmint - Module and some relics
greggomonkey - The idea for the relics
SuperSaiyanZolo - Heavy armor.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Great ive always wanted to do somthing like this mandalorians are my favorite race in the whole star wars universe. do you think someone could model a mask like mandalores for the mod that you can wear ive always wanted one and i cant wait unill BoS 2 is released

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Great ive always wanted to do somthing like this mandalorians are my favorite race in the whole star wars universe. do you think someone could model a mask like mandalores for the mod that you can wear ive always wanted one and i cant wait unill BoS 2 is released

I'm not sure that we would get a very positive reaction if we did that. You could always ask the author of the mask if he minds.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
not like that mandalore but like the one from TSL

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 04:14 PM
not like that mandalore but like the one from TSL

If someone wants to make one, I'm all for it. It would have to be made completely from scratch, though. Otherwise, we'll get accused of porting.

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
yeah and thats illegal and we dont want to be accused of that what else can i help you with?

Edit: wait how about somthing like this:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1246

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 04:24 PM
yeah and thats illegal and we dont want to be accused of that what else can i help you with

I'm set for now! I'm off to finish Deadeye, then make an area for this. I have an axe design that will knock your socks off! Something that I put together before the M107, and sort of forgot about.

Screenshot coming soon:D

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 04:28 PM
great as soon as you can post the screenie

Darth Atris
07-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Well i could get some new mando armour skins and maybe include a new sword

Mandalore The Shadow
07-30-2008, 04:36 PM
well i already have some click on my sig link not a weapon though

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Well i could get some new mando armour skins and maybe include a new sword

Sounds great to me!

Here's one of the relic axes:
http://www.e-varmint.net/mayhemaxe.jpg

The shinie looks really good in-game.

Edit: wait how about somthing like this:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1246

I like that! I sure hope someone wants to make it!

-

Inyri
07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Is that a hamster on your axe or are you happy to see me?

I'd recommend toning down the env map on your axe since it looks more like plastic/something macintosh makes than it does metal. Also the way the lighting is reflecting off of it at the points of the axe shows some odd polyflow -- you may want to correct that if you plan on keeping the plastic axe look.

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Is that a hamster on your axe or are you happy to see me?

I'd recommend toning down the env map on your axe since it looks more like plastic/something macintosh makes than it does metal. Also the way the lighting is reflecting off of it at the points of the axe shows some odd polyflow -- you may want to correct that if you plan on keeping the plastic axe look.

Trust me, it looks plenty metallic in-game. It's hard to capture it with a screenshot.

The polyflow is an issue, though. I'll fool with it and see what I can do without adding too many new polies.

Edit: Maybe a little alpha-channel adjusting wouldn't' hurt. I could tone down the shinie a wee bit and still have gleaming blades-o-death.

-

Inyri
07-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Trust me, it looks plenty metallic in-game. It's hard to capture it with a screenshot. The "metallic" effect doesn't look very realistic in and of itself, so trust me when I say you should tone it down. A little bit of environment map coupled with a good metallic texture makes a better, more realistic model.

e-varmint
07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
The "metallic" effect doesn't look very realistic in and of itself, so trust me when I say you should tone it down. A little bit of environment map coupled with a good metallic texture makes a better, more realistic model.

I have to go back into my original AutoCad model to tone town the curved surface, so I will make the "edge" thinner on the second version. The metallic effect in this model is actually caused by the very large curved surface instead of the base texture. In the texture, the shiny areas are light grey with a mid-grey alpha channel. The edges of the blades behave the same way as the shiny parts of the class90xx armor.
http://www.e-varmint.net/mayhemaxe2.jpg
http://www.e-varmint.net/mayhemaxe1.jpg

It's different from most techniques, so I have a hard time explaining. Does it make any sense at all?

Edit:

Here is an alternate design. Still needs some texture work and smoothing. And shrinking.
http://www.e-varmint.net/mayhemaxe4.jpg

In this one, I made the edges of the blade much thinner in AutoCad. It still has shinie, but does not go to quite the extreme that the first one did. I still like the first one better, but most other people will probably prefer this one. I'll include both.

-

Drunkside
07-31-2008, 06:36 AM
The ligtsaber is going pretty well, and im sure youll be shocked when you see it!!! Its sort of an ancient lightsaber (even though i REALLY have no idea about what they may have looked:xp: ). It has the hand protecting... ehh thing of a sword, no idea whats it called... pommel, maybe? And also will add a small metallic stick that generates the blade... oh crap i suck at describing things in english... well, youll see it when its ready, but im sure that its original.:lol:

And BTW, e-Varmint that axe looks cool as hell!!!! And nobody disagree with me, it is cold in hell, if ya dont trust me play Neverwinter Nights: Hordes Of The Underdark single player:p

e-varmint
07-31-2008, 07:44 AM
The ligtsaber is going pretty well, and im sure youll be shocked when you see it!!! Its sort of an ancient lightsaber (even though i REALLY have no idea about what they may have looked:xp: ). It has the hand protecting... ehh thing of a sword, no idea whats it called... pommel, maybe? And also will add a small metallic stick that generates the blade... oh crap i suck at describing things in english... well, youll see it when its ready, but im sure that its original.:lol:

And BTW, e-Varmint that axe looks cool as hell!!!! And nobody disagree with me, it is cold in hell, if ya dont trust me play Neverwinter Nights: Hordes Of The Underdark single player:p

The lightsaber sounds cool! I understand your meaning perfectly.

Here's another axe:
http://www.e-varmint.net/ubershinie.jpg
This one has UberShinie! Legend has it that the ancient Mandalorians used these for weapons and holiday decorations! I'll shrink the head to about 80% of the size shown here.

Once I take the Taris background buildings out of this:
http://www.e-varmint.net/mandalorepark.jpg
we will have the humble beginnings of a module.

-

Darth Atris
07-31-2008, 09:28 AM
Looks awsome you will get the skins tonight or tomorrow

greggomonkey
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
maybe this helmet?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Crusader.jpg

Edit: or this onehttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Demagolhead.jpg

Mandalore The Shadow
07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
hey guys i think this should be more of a serious mod than a humor mod what do think? I think we should have a mandalore in this mod i am going to try to make some armor for him and if somone could make the helmet that would be great and e-varmint can you make a double bladed axe for him as his personal weapon i also have a couple other items in mind that i will get to work on

e-varmint
07-31-2008, 03:40 PM
hey guys i think this should be more of a serious mod than a humor mod what do think? I think we should have a mandalore in this mod i am going to try to make some armor for him and if somone could make the helmet that would be great and e-varmint can you make a double bladed axe for him as his personal weapon i also have a couple other items in mind that i will get to work on

Serious works fine for me. Got any particular design in mind for the axe? (Not the Red one, obviously) I was thinking of something along the lines of this, except it would be metal and have larger blades:
http://www.e-varmint.net/waraxe060.jpg

I'll save the red-orb-o-death axe for a December mod.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
i cant see the picture i am working on the mandalore armor it looks great ill post a pic soon mt paramiers are double axe if possible takes two hands to weild large head intricit designes and mando symbols on it

e-varmint
07-31-2008, 04:48 PM
.......double axe if possible takes two hands to weild large head intricit designes and mando symbols on it

Got it. I'll have a preliminary version ready soon. I'll make a big honkin' blaster too.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
07-31-2008, 04:54 PM
here is the armor:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1278
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1279
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1280

Sithspecter
07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
^That is not a bad skin. Not bad at all. Good work!

Mandalore The Shadow
07-31-2008, 05:05 PM
thanks that means alot coming from you Sithspecter

Darth Atris
07-31-2008, 05:55 PM
It looks great

Mandalore The Shadow
07-31-2008, 06:17 PM
thanks

e-varmint
07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
As promised, preliminary Mandalore Axe designs:

http://www.e-varmint.net/mandoaxe.html

Edit: I could also put a skull on one, like the one in my avatar. The symbols are from the Mandalorian Alphabet font that I found earlier.

Next up, Mandalore's Big Honkin' Heavy Repeater, based on this:

http://www.e-varmint.net/mg42scrn.png

Then, the new module. It's going to be a busy weekend.............

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-01-2008, 12:23 PM
great i like the second one though i think it could use that skull you mentioned and about the mask i think it should be a completely new thing not like mandlore the ultimate or canderous mandalore but still grey though

Drunkside
08-01-2008, 03:27 PM
An early(...ehh is the correct word render?) version of the lightsaber model:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/earlyversion.jpg

What do ya think?

TriggerGod
08-01-2008, 03:58 PM
{snip}

What do ya think?
Very nice. It almost looks like a mixture of a sword hilt, and the tech of a saber. Well done :thumbsup:
(Almost reminds me to try and make some of those with a plain sword texture ;))

The Betrayer
08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Rohlan the Questioner items pleez...

e-varmint
08-01-2008, 09:49 PM

This?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rohlan_Dyre

An early(...ehh is the correct word render?) version of the lightsaber model.......
What do ya think?

That looks great! I can't wait to see it in action!

great i like the second one though i think it could use that skull you mentioned .......

Axe No. 2 with a skull. I think I can handle that! Or maybe a shrunken Republic Soldier head...........I'll make one of each.

-

Canderis
08-01-2008, 11:09 PM
Just an idea...... Maby you could combine this mod with my "Canderous's Glory" mod or the other way around.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-02-2008, 08:46 AM

What do ya think?

great looks cool

yeah i was saying the same thing

Axe No. 2 with a skull. I think I can handle that! Or maybe a shrunken Republic Soldier head...........I'll make one of each.

yeah i like that idea cool

Just an idea...... Maby you could combine this mod with my "Canderous's Glory" mod or the other way around.

i dont think so because this is a different kind of story

P.S. how about this mandalore in the mod is the unknown mandalore?

e-varmint
08-02-2008, 11:47 AM
yeah i like that idea cool

OkieDokie. Here is the preliminary blaster:

http://www.e-varmint.net/m40bltr.jpg

-

Canderis
08-02-2008, 12:22 PM
sweet blaster! man i wish i could model

Drunkside
08-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Shweeeet!!! Smeagol likes it!! And BTW canderis, modeling is actually alot easier than i thought... that lightsaber is my first ever model, before that i have just made The Eye Color Variation, ECV(v2) which has still not been uploaded, dunno why, and three robes(reskins, very simple ones), one for Sentinel, Consular and Guardian.. And my first mod was sorta v0,1 for ECV becouse it was just a single eye color change.

EDIT: I have already finished uvmapping the model and also made slight modifications to it, im doing more progress in less time than ever in my absolutely slow life... :xp: Tomorrow ill be giving it a texture, but now im hungry so ill go eat, enjoy the ultimate wiseness of the simpsons and not switch the computer on anymore today.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-02-2008, 06:43 PM
@e-varmint-that looks great now we just need the mask!!!

@drunkside-where can i get that program to model and does it cost money?

TriggerGod
08-02-2008, 06:46 PM
@drunkside-where can i get that program to model and does it cost money?
You have 2 choices:
GMax
3dsMax

3ds costs moneh, but GMax doesn't.
Also, search the web for it. Google/Yahoo it.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-02-2008, 06:47 PM
ok ill do that right now

ChAiNz.2da
08-02-2008, 06:58 PM
ok ill do that right now

Gmax:
http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

You'll also need the NWmax plugin:

http://nwmax.dladventures.com/

Mandalore The Shadow
08-02-2008, 07:15 PM
never mind i guess it wont run on my computor

e-varmint
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Equipment Update time.

This axe sports the head of Trask's grampa, one of Mandalore's
first kills in battle. The incident spurred the entire Trask family to join the Republic Fleet.
http://www.e-varmint.net/traskonstick.jpg

I have the one with the skull too.

-

Canderis
08-03-2008, 11:03 PM
thats a lil disturbing...... also did you read my post e-varmint?
post 59

e-varmint
08-03-2008, 11:09 PM
thats a lil disturbing...... also did you read my post e-varmint?
post 59

Este?
sweet blaster! man i wish i could model

Modeling is just a matter of practice. Get gmax/nwmax and experiment, it starts to make sense fairly quickly. Try changing the in-game models around first. It gives a good feel of how the process works.

-

Canderis
08-03-2008, 11:35 PM
o woopse wronge post number by me lol

e-varmint
08-04-2008, 12:00 AM
o woopse wronge post number by me lol

That issue is up to DH. He is the Grand Exalted Decider of Plotlines. It would be OK with me, though.

-

Canderis
08-04-2008, 12:19 AM
well we could make this happen AFTER my mod that way the plot lines can be combined and such...

e-varmint
08-04-2008, 12:35 AM
well we could make this happen AFTER my mod that way the plot lines can be combined and such...

A new mod that follows up on both plots!

We'll see how long it takes to get these mods done. If there is still interest, I think we should set up a team site like CWS had. We can work out all the details there, then make a WIP here when the mod is close to completion.

-

Drunkside
08-04-2008, 06:16 AM
Im very close to finishing the lightsaber, but as the TUT says, Mdlops 6 alpha misplaces my model... Soooo could somebody either send me an earlier version or link me to a page where i can download it? TY

ajlbibak
08-04-2008, 08:10 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html

Mandalore The Shadow
08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
hey e-varmint i think we will be better off with the skull one and the team site sounds like a good idea i am going to make some changes to the mandalore armor when i get done i will post a screenshot and then send the new files to you

e-varmint
08-04-2008, 04:02 PM
hey e-varmint i think we will be better off with the skull one and the team site sounds like a good idea i am going to make some changes to the mandalore armor when i get done i will post a screenshot and then send the new files to you

I have another use for the Trask-on-a-stick anyway:D :D:D

I'll get you a screenshot of Canderous with the Skull-axe when I have your files. No rush, though. The module is going to take a while.

-

Drunkside
08-05-2008, 03:50 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~cchargin/kotor/index.html

Thanks

EnderWiggin
08-05-2008, 04:00 AM
Equipment Update time.

This axe sports the head of Trask's grampa, one of Mandalore's
first kills in battle. The incident spurred the entire Trask family to join the Republic Fleet.

I have the one with the skull too.

-

....That's actually quite creepy :)

_EW_

Drunkside
08-05-2008, 04:27 AM
TSAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJJAAAAAA!!!
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/c02752642dfbd4d56336992efccf13540a80817e.png
AND TSAJAJAJAJAJJAJAAAAAA2!
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/dc58dd266cfcc15b990f1ea2aeada7cd378b6c97.png

Later on they will become actual items, and not just upgrade models for the blue lightsaber... And yes, as i said earlier, my skinning sucks:p

Drunkside
08-05-2008, 09:15 AM
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/13c8f5d59d2837d048b819bd123663c922d19edd.png

EDIT: I have made all of the colors already, but only the blue,red,HOTG and MOTF work, yellow and purple are horrible big blocks without textures and the green crashes the game... And if i try to upgrade them, they all disappear.... They will propably be ready tomorrow or the day after that.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-05-2008, 10:26 AM
@Drunkside: that looks...*trys to find words*...*gives up*

@e-varmint: in a few minutes i think im going to email you the files for the new armor

i am going to post a screenshot soon

Robespierre
08-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Wa...Buh...Cah...La...Nah...

I...don't know quite how to describe how epic those swords are.

Can you make a version for K1 and K2?

Miltiades
08-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Drunkside, those lightsabers look really awesome. Keep up the great work! :)

Mandalore The Shadow
08-05-2008, 11:30 AM
here they are:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1315
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1313
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1314

Drunkside
08-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Wa...Buh...Cah...La...Nah...

I...don't know quite how to describe how epic those swords are.

Can you make a version for K1 and K2?

TY... and no, im not gonna make them for kotor2, but i will make something pretty similar, have had it in my mind for a long time... Black...Guard....Gear... "cough"... corr...upted..."cough"...blade...
:xp:

Also thanks to everybody else for those encouraging words:D

And DH those look really great!!!

Drunkside
08-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Got the yellow and purple working, green still crashes the game:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/cce3717ce54a8e00fac5db891a3c16b2915f136b.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/e02d505f698c6942b08518b06df1da9cd839c87e.png

Canderis
08-05-2008, 03:29 PM
what is the stick in the middle of the blade?

Drunkside
08-06-2008, 04:10 AM
Ehh thats a bad one... Its a metallic stick in the middle of the blade:p

Mandalore The Shadow
08-06-2008, 10:33 AM
looks good Drunkside keep it up

Drunkside
08-06-2008, 02:13 PM
YAY Its all workage now... exept that i still lose them all if i try to upgrade... So I will make them non upgradeable. Now if someone would just share the knowledge of how to do that with me :lol:

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 02:18 PM
YAY Its all workage now... exept that i still lose them all if i try to upgrade... So I will make them non upgradeable. Now if someone would just share the knowledge of how to do that with me :lol:

Open the .uti file and remove all of the upgrade options from the Properties tab.

-

Drunkside
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Okay thank you... I think making new utis is faster, so im off to do that now!!!

EDIT:

Ehh how do i remove them?:xp: LoL this is really stupid but i have no idea on how to do that since i have never had to delete any properties...

Please use the 'edit this' function rather than double-posting - Cz

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Okay thank you... I think making new utis is faster, so im off to do that now!!!

EDIT:

Ehh how do i remove them?:xp: LoL this is really stupid but i have no idea on how to do that since i have never had to delete any properties...

Please use the 'edit this' function rather than double-posting - Cz

Using KotorTool, highlight lines with saber crystal upgrades, than press "delete". I believe you have to do one line at a time. You can remove them with kgiff also.

http://www.e-varmint.net/deleteupgrd.png
-

Drunkside
08-06-2008, 03:32 PM
nks for the help e-Varmint, and please check your email, they should be there!!! But anyway, i still decided to post 2 new screens about them so that anybody can see all the colors:Dhttp://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/e7402586aef22a29c562ea1d7f9a62ca7e98ca20.png
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/2690a3c75c0ea3fb6eb0169d0c30f29a1a4f3130.png

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
nks for the help e-Varmint, and please check your email, they should be there!!! But anyway, i still decided to post 2 new screens about them so that anybody can see all the colors:D

Nice! I have the files, so I'll post some in-game screenshots after I finish my latest tweakage of the module.

-

LordRevan999
08-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Hey,can I join or contribute if you all like.

e-varmint
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey,can I join or contribute if you all like.

Yer in! What would you like to make? It has to be Mandalorian in nature. Or something a Mandalorian might use. Or something DH could use.

-

correllian_thug
08-06-2008, 10:50 PM
finally got a decent look at this, it's looking great! good work all

Mandalore The Shadow
08-07-2008, 11:42 AM
i think i will reskin some mandalorians not color change but actualy make their armor look different do you think it should be a reskin or a whole new apperance? i am going to PM Quanan(i spelled it wrong i know) and ask if he can make the mask because he has done somthing like this before so...

Drunkside
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah a great idea, quanon(is that spelled correctly?) is a great modeler, it would be great to get him make the model of the helmet. And hey i could maybe make the rohlans armor... Well a reskin that hopefully looks like his armor but yeah.... If i either finish the "secret thing" that im making for the mod right now or find it too difficult and drop it i WILL make the armor... If i find it possible then i may make the armor.

e-varmint
08-07-2008, 10:36 PM
If i find it possible then i may make the armor.

Great!!!

Hey, how's this for an axe? No texture file needed, it uses all in-game textures:
http://www.e-varmint.net/evwaraxe93.jpg

Needs some UVW adjusting, of course......

Edit: Or, I could save the gong as a new file and add some Mandalorian Alphabet characters in the dark rectangles. I could move (or delete) the penetrations also. Similar to this:
http://www.e-varmint.net/evwaraxe93a.jpg

Mandalore's Big Honkin' Blaster Update. Can't see the scope in this, but it's there.
http://www.e-varmint.net/bhbltr84.jpg

A little more texture tweakage, and this one is done!
-

Drunkside
08-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Omg they all look very cool. Id say that the first axe is better, but the blaster... WOW!!!!

Canderis
08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
NICE BLASTER!!! ive never seen one much better....

Marius Fett
08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
VERY nice looking blaster rifle.

I can see HK having a LOT if fun with that. ;)

Darth Atris
08-08-2008, 02:23 PM
I am sorry i havent contributed i will try make a new robe

Mandalore The Shadow
08-08-2008, 03:06 PM
ok e-varmint i like the first axe although i think it should be red but oh well and great work on the blaster i asked Quanon(still not spelled right i think) and he said he might do it i never actualy did work on new mandos but i will now

ForeverNight
08-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I know I'm Downloading this once it's done... Those items just clinched the deal!

DS: Great Lightsabers...

E-V: Neat Ax, but that Rifle just takes the cake.

Anyway, good job people!

Now if I'd just get off my lazy rear and do some modding of my own...

Quanon
08-08-2008, 06:24 PM
ok e-varmint i like the first axe although i think it should be red but oh well and great work on the blaster i asked Quanon(still not spelled right i think) and he said he might do it i never actualy did work on new mandos but i will now

Hehhehe, haven't replied yet to your latest PM, but I can post it here, that I've been working on Mask tonight.

Its based on a blank mesh, the one I used for the Paladin Mod, ofcourse the Visor and details will be differant; but still "feel" the same a bit.

I'm thinking of doing 2 masks and perhaps throw in a gun aswell.
If this little project comes together I think it'll be a nice pack with goodies.

Well I'm off for today, already 23:24 around here >.< Sleepy.
If I find some time I'll drop in a render of the mask as WIP

Cheers lads !

Drunkside
08-09-2008, 03:01 PM
This is an incomplete model of the secret thing i told ya about... couldnt keep it secret any longer:xp:http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/gunzofulofdollars.jpg

e-varmint
08-09-2008, 03:05 PM
This is an incomplete model of the secret thing i told ya about... couldnt keep it secret any longer:xp:

Hmmm. "It" seems to be taking shape. I can't wait to see a textured version. Should prove quite the interesting addition to our arsenal.:D

whatthehell
08-09-2008, 03:15 PM
it looks like a rifle with a byonet (spelling is off) on it.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-09-2008, 04:23 PM
looks good DS thanks Quanon im going to post the screenies of the new mando armor soon

EDIT: here they are:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1415
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1416
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1417
the point of those circles are to draw your attention to what i changed that you cant see from the front and back

Drunkside
08-10-2008, 04:33 AM
it looks like a rifle with a byonet (spelling is off) on it.

Well yea, thats basically the idea behind it.. I decided to make it a rifle/doubleweapon, so i will also add an axe head to be the bottom of the rifle.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-10-2008, 09:42 AM
so its a three in one(axe sword gun)? How do you like my armor?

Drunkside
08-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Yep... This is gonna be a two item-thing... since i cant have a single wep to shoot and whack bad guys with, i will make a shooting version and slicing version. Great job on those mandos DH!

UPDATE TIME:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/GUNZOV2.jpg

e-varmint
08-10-2008, 10:09 AM
@ DS & DH: The armor and "it" are looking great! Where are those Mandalorians? Is that some sort of custom area?

Mandalore The Shadow
08-10-2008, 10:16 AM
in one if the lost modules you can get it and a few more on kotor files here is a link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_Lost_Modules_Pack;85435
that is where im going to take all my screenshots from now on

e-varmint
08-10-2008, 10:21 AM
in one if the lost modules you can get it and a few more on kotor files here is a link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/K1_Lost_Modules_Pack;85435
that is where im going to take all my screenshots from now on

It's a nice area! Can you adapt it for the mod? It could be Mandalore's Bunker or something. BTW, I will make the skull-axe red sometime in the near future.

Edit: Since a couple of people have asked, the big blaster texture is part Republic Uniform, part Taris Sewer, and part Sith Lander:D

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-10-2008, 10:31 AM
i dont think i can by my understanding it takes hours to do that if it isnt already supported by kotor tool

ForeverNight
08-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Uh, well it really depends on if you're sitting down with the sole intent of doing just your modding and not getting distracted by other things. I know that the mod I'm trying to create is module based, and it's taken since I've joined in order to create 2 modules, but I haven't worked on it that much.

So, really, it just depends on if you're gonna sit yourself down and do it, or trickle in the effort. (Like me)

Anyway, Those are the only textures on that rifle??? Wow.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-10-2008, 02:48 PM
well i dont know how to do it any way so i tdosent matter

EDIT: if anyone knowes how to make a new robe utc.(or uti. i dont remember witch) can you pm me because i have a robe skinned but ive never made one for a robe before just armor thanks in advance

Drunkside
08-11-2008, 04:25 AM
well i dont think its different from the armor making... but if you send me the files i can do it.

greggomonkey
08-11-2008, 10:17 AM
maybe you should have some sort of honour duels like in kotor II and you get items of some kind for it

Drunkside
08-11-2008, 10:45 AM
maybe you should have some sort of honour duels like in kotor II and you get items of some kind for it

I think thats a great idea... Though i only make equipment so i dont know if it would be hard/easy/impossible to do that, and its really up to DH and e-Varmint.

Quanon
08-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Time for an update on what I'm working on :)

Busy on the UVW-mapping at the moment but its nearly done.

On to some renders of the goody:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/MMask03.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/MMask02.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/MMask01.jpg

Mandalore The Shadow
08-11-2008, 11:14 AM
well drunkside i know how to do it now so i dont need to send it to you i like the honor duel idea also but i like drunkside can only make equipment the only reason that i have alot of power where this mod is concerned is because it was my idea so it is really up to E-Varmint to decide thanks for making me feel so important though

EDIT: wow quanon it looks great 2 things though can you make the middle spike thing in the visor go down to like the chin area and it could be a little lighter to match the armor but other than that it liooks great

EDIT: you could also make it cover the whole head or at least make straps on the beck but that is up to you

EDIT: here is a new robe i made i dont know if we are gonna put it in this mod or not but... its called the Sith Lord Robe
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1442
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1443

Marius Fett
08-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Time for an update on what I'm working on :)

Busy on the UVW-mapping at the moment but its nearly done.

On to some renders of the goody:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/MMask03.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/MMask02.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/MMask01.jpg

I need one of those. :p

Looking good Q`

Lookin' good Q!

Drunkside
08-11-2008, 02:02 PM
I need one of those. :p

Looking good Q`

Lookin' good Q!

Im too lazy to say anything myself:p

EDIT: I have finished uvmapping "It", so you should be able to see some in game shots fairly soon... But the school started today, and i moved on to lukio, which in american terms is quite close to high school, so i will propably have my hands pretty full with school soon... But i am sure that i will find time to make these items, but it may be slower than earlier. So dont be surprised if you wont see updates as often as earlier from me.

EDIT OF THE EDIT: I also think that i will be releasing "It" for TSL in advance now that my K2 works again.

Quanon
08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Euhm the brown metal texture was just for this early preview render, its not going to look like that, dear god NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! :lol:

Its a bit late on the Visor part, but fear not I got some other ideas and sketches to do.

You somehow got me "intrigued" :p

Anyway, good thinking on the straps part as I won't do full helmets, they clip just to much with certain head models.

I want to avoid that as best as I can.

Drunkside
08-12-2008, 10:48 AM
HERE "IT" IS:

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/GUNZO1.jpg

Yes thats the final version... yeah the texturing sucks, but it has never been my expertise... It was a pain in the ass to make it look even that good... Now im just having problems getting it compiled succesfully....

e-varmint
08-12-2008, 11:13 AM
HERE "IT" IS........

"It" is looking good!

With any luck, I will have the Mandalorian Command Cruiser up this evening. From here, we can start our campaign of conquest. Our first target is a Republic outpost. The new troopers can acquire "it" as a reward for surviving their first campaign mission.

Mission No. 1 will be up later this week.

Mission No. 2, where "it" will come into play has no set schedule yet.

-

Drunkside
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
"It" will be ready either tomorrow or later today... And then i will also make "It" for TSL, so that the crowd can get a little sneak peak at this mod:p

Mandalore The Shadow
08-12-2008, 03:58 PM
well im going to make a Jedi Lord robe and yes it is a real thing look up Jedi Lord on wookieepedia if youre not sure

@Drunkside: once again speechless not sure if that is good or bad though

@Quanon: ok glad you can do that with the straps. how come its too late for the visor?

@E-Varmint: I can help with the missions and stuff if you want

EDIT: here is the link to the jedi lord page: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi_lord
The fallowing screenshot is the new jedi lord robe it is also the new jedi i was asked to make it is just zeardra with the jedi lord robe on and a purple double light saber her name is Jedi Lord Aaraj:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1472

E-Varmint can you make the light saber we spoke about double purple if you havent already started yet?

e-varmint
08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
E-Varmint can you make the light saber we spoke about double purple if you havent already started yet?

I just talked to Mysterious S. When she is done with Project Rogue Saber, she can make yours. I tried, but mine looked like (censored).

By the way, is the player Mandalore in this mod? If not, Mission 1 will start with a grunt recruit being sent to capture a Sith Lander to prove his/her worth.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-13-2008, 08:43 AM
no the player is not mandalore he/she starts off normal as revan and joins the mandalorians they then do the missions and end up in the end chalenging mandalore to become the mandalore you win take thia things and wear them for the rest of the game

EDIT: It's my birthday YAY

e-varmint
08-14-2008, 09:48 AM
no the player is not mandalore he/she starts off normal as revan and joins the mandalorians they then do the missions and end up in the end chalenging mandalore to become the mandalore you win take thia things and wear them for the rest of the game

EDIT: It's my birthday YAY

Happy Belated Birthday! I will re-tool the module to match the above criteria. Should this be plugged into the game just after Dantooine, or later?

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-14-2008, 10:30 AM
it should be an any time after dantooine thing hey i remembered i once made a armor pack and i never relieced it because it didnt have icons and now that i know how to make them i can find the files and make the icons for them and then i can use them for this mod how does that sound

Drunkside
08-14-2008, 10:47 AM
OK I might have been too positive with my last post... I guess that i wont have time to do anything more to "It" until maybe saturday. And BTW Where in the hell is the dummy on the gun models????

e-varmint
08-14-2008, 10:49 AM
it should be an any time after dantooine thing hey i remembered i once made a armor pack and i never relieced it because it didnt have icons and now that i know how to make them i can find the files and make the icons for them and then i can use them for this mod how does that sound

Sounds good to me. Send them via e-mail and I will put them in with the others.

OK I might have been too positive with my last post... I guess that i wont have time to do anything more to "It" until maybe saturday. And BTW Where in the hell is the dummy on the gun models????

The only entities you need worry about are the Ngon, the bullethook, and the aurorabase. I link the blaster to the base, and usually link the bullethook to the blaster barrel. I do not do anything with the ignore_NGon01 except ignore it.:D

@DH The sabre has arrived:

http://www.e-varmint.net/k1sbr081.jpg

TriggerGod
08-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Did you make that, or did the Mysterious Stranger do it?

e-varmint
08-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Did you make that, or did the Mysterious Stranger do it?

Mysterious S taught me all her secrets. Disappeared under mysterious circumstances afterward. Got the ol' Plagueis treatment.....:D

TriggerGod
08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Mysterious S taught me all her secrets. Disappeared under mysterious circumstances afterward. Got the ol' Plagueis treatment.....:D
Good. Now, to give you the ol' Vader Treatment......:D

EnderWiggin
08-14-2008, 02:52 PM
her

Hurry up and tell us already.

_EW_

TriggerGod
08-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Hurry up and tell us already.

_EW_
No.
Once everything is finished up (as in MS' WIPs) then he'll tell you all. Or, rather, I will.

Marius Fett
08-14-2008, 03:26 PM
her

he

Eich, you guys need to make up your minds! :p

TriggerGod
08-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Eich, you guys need to make up your minds! :p

When it decides to reveal itself, then, all will be well.
I need to archive this :xp:

Marius Fett
08-14-2008, 03:43 PM
Let's just stick to he, eh? :p

Mandalore The Shadow
08-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Cool sabre E-varmint it could look a little more jedi oriented but good i dont know if ill have them soon or not

e-varmint
08-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Cool sabre E-varmint it could look a little more jedi oriented but good i dont know if ill have them soon or not

OK, folks here's the Mysterious S story:

The future Mrs. Varmint is a 3D CAD expert, and is responsible for the creation of the hilts. I am responsible for the mapping. So, on the one hand, I was pretending to be MS to some extent, while also pretending not to be MS, or (sometimes) even know who MS actually is, while actually being half of the MS entity, but not admitting to it until now. Since the other half of the MS machinery has taught me all the secrets related to the former role she occupied, in addition to the aforementioned involvement on my part that I just admitted to not admitting to, I am now the entire MS entity, since half of the original is now more interested in bowling.

See, not confusing in the least....

@DH: I will make another one that looks more light-side. At least, I think I will be the one making it. Maybe just half of it.

-

TriggerGod
08-14-2008, 09:54 PM
OK, folks here's the Mysterious S story:

The future Mrs. Varmint is a 3D CAD expert, and is responsible for the creation of the hilts. I am responsible for the mapping. So, on the one hand, I was pretending to be MS to some extent, while also pretending not to be MS, or (sometimes) even know who MS actually is, while actually being half of the MS entity, but not admitting to it until now. Since the other half of the MS machinery has taught me all the secrets related to the former role she occupied, in addition to the aforementioned involvement on my part that I just admitted to not admitting to, I am now the entire MS entity, since half of the original is now more interested in bowling.
Lol, and here I was thinking you were the only half of MS. :xp:
Well, even I didn't know the whole story. Who knew?

e-varmint
08-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Who knew?

Sometimes I did not know myself:xp:

Anyway, now that that's all cleared up, the light-side purple doulbesabre is ready. I may tone -down or lose the alpha channel for the final version:
http://www.e-varmint.net/lghtsbr81a.jpg

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-15-2008, 07:55 PM
looks great E-Varmint i just saw the new star wars movie so im off to make a Rex clone trooper armor bye

TriggerGod
08-15-2008, 08:10 PM
http://www.e-varmint.net/lghtsbr81a.jpg

-
O_O
Seriously, you need to teach me. Do not forget the Rule of Two. :xp:

Drunkside
08-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Here "It" is in game:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/98bc95b7c4da60251eff55ed45d5709c603991ac.png

Yeah its tiny, miniature! And the lightning is so bad that you cant see the textures, though its not completely negative in my case... Also the bullets come from the players head and it needs some more tweaking, but there it is... looking very bad:p And the melee version isnt ready yet, I think ill continue tomorrow or some other day, because the combo of this and school killing my head is heavy.

e-varmint
08-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Here "It" is in game:

It's coming along nicely. I can fix the bullethook, if you like.

-

xxMalic3xx
08-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Nice Project! Definitely something I'll keep my on eye from now.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-16-2008, 10:38 PM
thanks i now need somthing else to work on

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Wow... I'm really liking the screens. :P

Quanon
08-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Another mini update from me :p

I've started work on the skin of the helmet, here's some WIP shots of it.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend02.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend01.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend03.jpg

More soon :)

Drunkside
08-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Looks very nice Q! But wasnt that supposed to be the white helmet? Anyway I made videos of the "It" and the lightsabers i made earlier so that you can see them in game:

http://www.xfire.com/video/1c283/
http://www.xfire.com/video/1c279/

Remember that the "It" isnt ready yet, so there are no icons and stuff, and becouse of the bullethook error the bullets come out of the characters head.

Thanks e-Varmint for suggesting that you would fix the bullethook, but id rather do it myself... If you just tell me how to:p

HdVaderII
08-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, this really looks awesome! We keep getting so many awesome new weapons coming from you, e-varmint.

Quanon
08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Looks very nice Q! But wasnt that supposed to be the white helmet? Anyway I made videos of the "It" and the lightsabers i made earlier so that you can see them in game:

Euhmz, you guys should get your plans together before inlisting me.

IIRC Triggergods PM never mentioned very specific things, just that you peeps wanted a helmet looking alike my Paladin Helmet moddel.

I'm avoiding "lacque" and bright colours else it'll turn into a power ranger thing.
Which I don't think the mandos would wear :lol:

Fear not I still got my .PSD file with all the layers I could easly pop-out some color variants.

Plus I finished it up, here's the thing before I start the compiling mess:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend05.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend06.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend04.jpg

I'll check it out in the game first and see if the straps are really needed.

seya later :p

TriggerGod
08-18-2008, 04:05 PM
IIRC Triggergods PM never mentioned very specific things, just that you peeps wanted a helmet looking alike my Paladin Helmet moddel.

Ermm...
My PMs to you weren't about this mod. One of the leaders of Exiled Studios wanted you as our concept artist (but if you were more, that would also be good :p)
Besides, Mandalorian Mayhem is not one of our official projects.

Quanon
08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Ermm...
My PMs to you weren't about this mod. One of the leaders of Exiled Studios wanted you as our concept artist (but if you were more, that would also be good :p)
Besides, Mandalorian Mayhem is not one of our official projects.

ah so confuzzled is my brainz and I just cleaned out my PM Inbox, so I got no clue about anything anymore :lol:

I fear I'll just stay Concept Artist, I got to many things in my hands already.
Add to that I planning other mods and ideas so that leaves like 0.00000 time :p

Anyways... off to get some more work done !

TriggerGod
08-18-2008, 04:16 PM
ah so confuzzled is my brainz and I just cleaned out my PM Inbox, so I got no clue about anything anymore :lol:

I fear I'll just stay Concept Artist, I got to many things in my hands already.
Add to that I planning other mods and ideas so that leaves like 0.00000 time :p

Anyways... off to get some more work done !

:lol:
Well, your welcome as just a Concept Artist.
Anyways, everyone is confused at one time or another. I'll just get this clear:
We want you as a Concept Artist. Talk to our leader at Exiled Studios for teh info on Concept.

e-varmint
08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Thanks e-Varmint for suggesting that you would fix the bullethook, but id rather do it myself... If you just tell me how to:p

I just position the bullethook at the end of the barrel, link it to the barrel, select-all, and resetXform.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-18-2008, 05:54 PM
WOW like the mask looks great could be a little lighter so it matches the armor more but good

Drunkside
08-19-2008, 02:27 AM
TY Ill do that later today... And then i will think about learning to edit 2da;s so that i can add shaders on "It", and it will also be very helpful for my future mods...

EDIT: I havent gotten it working, and now i gotta hurry to the school so i willl see about working on it again tomorrow...

Mandalore The Shadow
08-19-2008, 07:56 AM
no rush that may produce sloppy results an we dont want that

greggomonkey
08-19-2008, 11:03 AM
you could always throw in a real sweet vibroblade here i'll find the one that i had a pic of

Drunkside
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I have been trying to change the place of the bullthook for ages, but it just doesnt work... I placed it at the end of the barrel: the bullets still came out of my characters head. Then i decided to try to place it below the barrel: Bullets from the head. This is really weird, now i have no time to experiment with this any more but ill try to get it right tomorrow...

Quanon
08-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Some screenshots of my tests ingame !

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandScreen002-1.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandScreen001.jpg

So far it looks great :p

Just needs a sort of strap on the back and I'll then focus on getting some color variants.

DarthHK
08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
God, I never thought i would get this low but...

Need that mask, I do.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-19-2008, 08:01 PM
ok well here are my comments:

1: you know this is for K1 right?
2: i think it could be a little lighter.
3: i think it could more grey
4: the armor is not shiney like the mask you may want to keep that in mind because it is going with the armor and sreens of the armor can be found on previous pages

e-varmint
08-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Another concept for the BHB:

http://www.e-varmint.net/stnnsbhb.jpg

-

Drunkside
08-20-2008, 05:24 AM
DAMN!!!! GOD, BUDDHA, SATAN AND EVERY ELSE GODLY CREATURE HELP ME IM GETTING A HEARTATTACK!!!

Quanon
08-20-2008, 06:07 AM
ok well here are my comments:

1: you know this is for K1 right?
2: i think it could be a little lighter.
3: i think it could more grey
4: the armor is not shiney like the mask you may want to keep that in mind because it is going with the armor and sreens of the armor can be found on previous pages

1) Ah woops, easly fixed :p

2 & 3) Like I said I'll do some color variants, one of them will be grey and lighter=> I'll do the same for the others :) And Nar-Shaddaa is quite a dark module, but it shows off the bright Visors so well :D

4) Can fix that aswell don't worry.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-20-2008, 08:03 AM
ok thanks Quanon the blaster looks great E-Varmint

Drunkside
08-20-2008, 11:31 AM
"It" is basically ready exept for the bullethook thing... I placed it correctly and made some slight (or actually quite big) enchantments to the texture. Well see if i will learn to edit 2da soon and it will actually get shaders... But now im just stuck with the crappy crap called "the horrors of the bullethook"...

EDIT: Bleh i just cant get it working... e-Varmint, if you still are interested in fixing it i will send you the gmax file... Its Druprfl_031 and the texture name is gunrfltex. It should be in your email.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-20-2008, 05:54 PM
thats too bad you cant get it working i wish i could do that and help you but im not good like that

Master Niewiedzial
08-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Al this work look great and if you want I can beta test for ya. Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Mandalore The Shadow
08-20-2008, 06:42 PM
ok ill keep that on mind and if we do(more like when we do) ill make sure you can

Quanon
08-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Okay lads :p

I made a light greyish texture for the helmet, here some screens I pasted together.

To show you how greatly the lighting in the games "alters" the outcome. => on the left you see the skin map to the right random screens from the game.

Oh, and don't mind its still in TSL its just for quick testing ;)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandTestTex.jpg

Hope this one will fit better with the suit.

EDIT:

3 renders from Max of the grey and a red one + blue.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend08.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend09.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRend10.jpg

Drunkside
08-22-2008, 02:49 PM
You know what? I think ill make the originally red areas in the armor blue, just becouse of the fact that it will match the helmet better.... And it has completely nothing to do with the fact that im Finnish.:xp:

EDIT: If someone knows of an easy to understand rifle modeling tutorial, pls give me a link to it me, since i really have trouble with the bullethook...

Quanon
08-22-2008, 03:21 PM
You know what? I think ill make the originally red areas in the armor blue, just becouse of the fact that it will match the helmet better.... And it has completely nothing to do with the fact that im Finnish.:xp:

:lol:

I've PM'ed Darh Hanhar, he's got the link to my package containing all the files of the helmets. I'm sure he'll be so friendly to pass it on to all who's on the team.

You're all free to do you're own version of the skin. I included ASCII models so they pop easly in G-Max and then its quite easy to add a new skin and export, compile it back into the game.

I'll do another model now, I really love these things :p

Sithspecter
08-22-2008, 04:42 PM
EDIT: If someone knows of an easy to understand rifle modeling tutorial, pls give me a link to it me, since i really have trouble with the bullethook...
You must link the bullethook to something. It honestly doesn't matter what, as long as you link it to one of the pieces. Linking it to your gun should work fine. If you don't know how to link, just select all of the pieces, and hit 'fast linker' on NWMax.

Drunkside
08-23-2008, 04:40 AM
You must link the bullethook to something. It honestly doesn't matter what, as long as you link it to one of the pieces. Linking it to your gun should work fine. If you don't know how to link, just select all of the pieces, and hit 'fast linker' on NWMax.

Fast linker? Never even heard of that earlier, Thanks ill try that later... Now off to play some NWN.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-23-2008, 08:26 AM
well ok i think im going to tinker with the skin for a few minutes and anyone on the team who wants the files pm me your email unless i already have it and ill send it to you i dont know what im going to change because it looks so good already but oh well

Quanon
08-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Heya, what do you peeps think of this mask thingy?

If you don't like it I'll keep it for myself. ;)

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRendZ1.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/MandHelmRendZ2.jpg

e-varmint
08-23-2008, 11:18 AM

That's the best one yet!!!

-

Sithspecter
08-23-2008, 12:04 PM
I don't know if you'd like to use this, but I'd be happy to let you all put this in the mod.
http://thumbnails4.imagebam.com/1179/b5c09111787245.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b5c09111787245/)
It's a DC15, if you can't tell.

Drunkside
08-23-2008, 12:50 PM
That's the best one yet!!!

-

Yeah that really is the best!

TriggerGod
08-23-2008, 12:53 PM

If you don't like it I'll keep it for myself. ;)

{snip}
{snip}

Makes me wish I had K1 :(
Anyways, some top notch modeling your doing here, Q.

e-varmint
08-23-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't know if you'd like to use this, but I'd be happy to let you all put this in the mod.
http://thumbnails4.imagebam.com/1179/b5c09111787245.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b5c09111787245/)
It's a DC15, if you can't tell.

I'm sure we can find a place for that!:D Send it to me via e-mail or PM me with a link.

I would also like to get aholt of it to study. I'm sure I can pick up some serious technique improvements!

Drunkside
08-23-2008, 01:00 PM

NUUUUUU!!!! Nothing works.... Tried to use the fast linker but it didnt work...

e-varmint
08-23-2008, 01:02 PM
NUUUUUU!!!! Nothing works.... Tried to use the fast linker but it didnt work...

As soon as I finish up with the TSL stuff I am doing, I'll take care of the bullethook.

Sithspecter
08-23-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm sure we can find a place for that!:D Send it to me via e-mail or PM me with a link.

I would also like to get aholt of it to study. I'm sure I can pick up some serious technique improvements!

Well, it's not quite finished yet. I'm almost done UV mapping it :headbump, and then I have to texture it. But I'll get it finished real quick!

Mandalore The Shadow
08-23-2008, 02:19 PM
ok i love the mask i think the visor should be red or darker but other than that its great but if you want it we can live with the other one we might use the DC-15 like E-Varmint said but its a clone weapon so... well here is what the masks looks like with the armor:

Grey:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1570

Blue:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1571

Red:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1572

Shiney Black:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1573

Back of the Mask:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1574

e-varmint
08-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Time for an update on the progress of our Mandalorian Village.

The individuals from Anchorhead that you see will be changed into Mandalorians. I'm not sure what the Rontos are going to change into yet. Maybe pet baby rancors.

http://www.e-varmint.net/mndlr002.jpg
http://www.e-varmint.net/mndlr001.jpg

Druganator
08-24-2008, 02:53 AM
impressive

Drunkside
08-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Time for an update on the progress of our Mandalorian Village.

The individuals from Anchorhead that you see will be changed into Mandalorians. I'm not sure what the Rontos are going to change into yet. Maybe pet baby rancors.

http://www.e-varmint.net/mndlr002.jpg
http://www.e-varmint.net/mndlr001.jpg

Heh that looks fun... Dunno how to describe it in any other words. TY that you will fix the bullethook... Dont know if its just my stupidity or some bug in the model but it really isnt working. But I will now try it ONE more time but im quite sure that it wont work(Let me tell you, when i say that it will prolly work:p ) and i will edit this post about it later.

EDIT: Nah it didnt work... e-Varmint, the stage is yours!:xp: DH could you send the the helmet? Ill pm my email to you.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-25-2008, 06:40 PM
ok i will send it Drunkside hey what does everyone think about the mask with the armor

@E-Varmint: WOW it looks great one thing i can add though is you can add grass if you want the ground to look more real but other than that it looks great

e-varmint
08-26-2008, 12:45 AM
..... some bug in the model......

That's the culprit. I believe I can tinker with it a bit and get it to work.

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-26-2008, 12:52 AM
Amazing retexture of Tattooine is amazing! Hmmm... as for the new mask I honestly can say it looks better than almost any mask ingame.

Drunkside
08-26-2008, 03:17 AM
TY once more...

Mandalore The Shadow
08-26-2008, 08:20 AM
@Revan_Pwn_Malak: you can thank Quanon for that (and me for thinking to ask him)

@E-Varmint: we need to decide what helmet Mandalore will wear i posted screens on the previous page and great work on the module again its better than i thought it would be

@Drunkside: I sent you the files as for the armor you are making i am still confused

EDIT: hey e-varmint if the axe is done can you send me the files for it i want to see how mandalore looks holding it

Quanon
08-26-2008, 09:48 AM
More news, I"ve had a spin in the game with my second mask:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/Masker.jpg

The darker one with the Red visors, isn't what I thought it would be, I'll change that.

And great work on Tantooine reskin !

e-varmint
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
@E-Varmint: we need to decide what helmet Mandalore will wear i posted screens on the previous page and great work on the module again its better than i thought it would be

EDIT: hey e-varmint if the axe is done can you send me the files for it i want to see how mandalore looks holding it

I personally like the one with the blue lighting.

I will send you the Axe and the BHB. I am making some adjustments to both, so it will be later today or tomorrow.

And great work on Tantooine reskin !

Thanks!!! I really appreciate your effort on the mask, by the way. I don't comment on it much, since Mandalore is DH's department, but I have been following it's progress with much enthusiasm.

-

Mandalore The Shadow
08-26-2008, 05:27 PM
@Quanon: i love the masks but i think we need to stick with the traditional Mandalorian T Visor and the closest you have made was the first ones so i think we are going to use those we will ether use the grey one or the blue one depending on what everyone else thinks.

@E-Varmint: thanks i look forward to having the axe i think i am going to try to make a new pet for madalore he will need a cool mandalorian name though if you have any sugestions let me know

EDIT: here is the first try at Mandalore's pet for now until we have a name we will call it George:

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1613

e-varmint
08-26-2008, 08:24 PM
EDIT: here is the first try at Mandalore's pet for now until we have a name we will call it George:

Nice! I'm still working on the name.

OK, here's a little something for the mod team to play with:
http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/k1axe34.jpg
http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/g_w_waraxe034.jpg

http://kotormods.oldhickorystix.com/g_w_waraxe034.zip

-

jediTJrocks
08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
EDIT: here is the first try at Mandalore's pet for now until we have a name we will call it George

why not call him adenn, it means merciless in mando'a

e-varmint
08-26-2008, 11:31 PM
why not call him adenn, it means merciless in mando'a

I like that!

As a reward, you are cordially invited to help us test out the above waraxe034, should you desire to do so. Just dump the files in Override, and let me know if it is too big, too small, too shiny, etc.

DarthMelissa
08-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Varmint if you ever need a beta-tester im your girl!:)

e-varmint
08-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Varmint if you ever need a beta-tester im your girl!:)

Thanks, yer on the list! You can start with this, if you like:

http://www.e-varmint.net/g_w_waraxe034.zip

I'll have a lightsaber that needs testing soon, as well. The module may be in a testable state fairly soon.

-

DarthMelissa
08-27-2008, 12:56 AM
i shall get to work immeadiately! ohhh it really compements the red revan skin.I have tested these anims male,female,malak,wookies,humans,duros,hk47 i just wondered no actual anims. revan, rakata, and mandolorian.they all work great the only problem is the axe does not go invisible for fem. wooks stealth , it's not really a big deal though.

Quanon
08-27-2008, 07:09 AM
@Quanon: i love the masks but i think we need to stick with the traditional Mandalorian T Visor and the closest you have made was the first ones so i think we are going to use those we will ether use the grey one or the blue one depending on what everyone else thinks.

M'kay no problem, I'll put it aside I might do my own mask packet or something.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-27-2008, 08:20 AM
@Quanon: I hope that comment didnt offend you it wasnt my intention.
@DarthMelissa: Welcome to the team
@E_Varmint: If it is possible i would like to test the area along with who ever else is going to
@jediTJrocks: Good i like that name i forgot that i almost named him Kom'rk but that means gauntlet and dosent fit

EDIT: here are some pics of mandalore as of now:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1620
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1621

If anyone wants to see pics i have posted on this tread or that have stuff to do with the mandalorian mayhem mod her is a link to my albums: http://www.lucasforums.com/album.php?u=152663

Quanon
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
@Quanon: I hope that comment didnt offend you it wasnt my intention.

Not at all :)

You stated your opinion, you're free to do that ;)

Mandalore The Shadow
08-27-2008, 06:13 PM
ok i feel better now so how does every one like the pic of mandalores pet and what do you think about the axe helmet and armor on mandalore

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-27-2008, 07:14 PM
ok i feel better now so how does every one like the pic of mandalores pet and what do you think about the axe helmet and armor on mandalore

Maybe it's my computer but I can't see the pic of Mandalore's pet. :( I think the axe looks amazing and as before I still love the masks.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-27-2008, 07:17 PM
cool thanks as for the pet idontknow what to tell you

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Hazzah! Now I can see the pic. I have no idea why all other pictures showed up before except that one. But oh well.
Hmmm... I like the idea of having the pet be a tukata. Is the red supposed to be blood? If so I think having blood splatter on parts of the front legs would look nice.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
ok ill take that into conciteration thanks for the feed back

TriggerGod
08-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Hmmm... I like the idea of having the pet be a tukata. Is the red supposed to be blood? If so I think having blood splatter on parts of the front legs would look nice.

Yes it is. I'm the one who gave him that idea. Also, if you look closely, you can see there is blood on every leg.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-27-2008, 07:39 PM
on the toes neer the claws ur right i didnt think people would pick up on that cool

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
I noted the blood on the paws, but I think maybe having a bit of blood up the legs would also add a nice menacing effect.. Or it could go totally wrong and he'd look like he has polka dots. XD But that's just my opinion.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-27-2008, 07:52 PM
ok ill make sur not to screw it up

Revan_Pwn_Malak
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
ok ill make sur not to screw it up

Haha... After all you've done so far I never thought you would screw it up.

Mandalore The Shadow
08-28-2008, 08:09 AM
its because im motivated(lol not realy im lazy) trigger god i think(cant remember) offered to do some extra stuff on the legs so i sent it to him

Drunkside
08-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Sry for not doing anything lately, mi momīs been difficult... she stole my mouse and hid it, and also made sure that the net didnt work even though i found another mouse... But now im good to go, ill check my email right away!

Mandalore The Shadow
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
im out of football for because i have a concussion and i shouldnt even be on the computor now but i am just to cheack it out but i may be out for a few more days

e-varmint
09-02-2008, 10:58 PM
im out of football for because i have a concussion and i shouldnt even be on the computor now but i am just to cheack it out but i may be out for a few more days

Ouch!!! Get plenty of rest, and don't strain yourself. We're not going to do anything major in the next few days.

Revan_Pwn_Malak
09-03-2008, 04:04 PM

Awwww man, concussions are horrible. I've had two from being beaten up. =/ Miserable especially when you randomly get dizzy and become sick. I hope you feel better!

TriggerGod
09-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Concussions are right up there with a broken knee :(

Drunkside
09-04-2008, 10:15 AM
.........I've had two from being beaten up. =/ ....

Ok... Who beat you up? :xp: Yeah im sadistic:D

e-varmint
09-04-2008, 07:25 PM
OK, here is the TSL version of the new toy we are about to get for our humble mod:

http://www.e-varmint.net/g_w_dblsbr049.jpg

I am going to ditch the wood in favor of thinner metal bands, change the "on-switch" convert this over to K1, and it will be ready for our eager team of beta-testers (and anyone else who cares to download it).

Endorenna
09-05-2008, 03:02 AM
(jaw hits floor)

Everyone should have a lightsaber like that!

e-varmint
09-05-2008, 08:15 AM
(jaw hits floor)

Everyone should have a lightsaber like that!

Thanks!!!!

I decided to go ahead and release the TSL version. It is on TUCE under the name Korriban Relic Saber.

Darth Payne
09-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I really really like that saber.

Mandalore The Shadow
09-06-2008, 02:58 PM
i have made some designs for some new sabers but i need to scan them and my scanner wont work at the moment

EDIT: here they are:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1742
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1743
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1744

Drunkside
09-08-2008, 10:02 AM
RAWR!!!

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh6/Drunkside/tehswordzorz.jpg

:xp::xp:

Mandalore The Shadow
09-08-2008, 07:52 PM
what does everyone think of my designs?

e-varmint
09-08-2008, 11:14 PM
what does everyone think of my designs?

Those look quite good! Next time I'm in a lightsaber-making mood, I'll make one!

@DS: Sword's lookin' good!!!

Drunkside
09-09-2008, 03:21 AM
I got it in-game but theres something really wrong with it... It has no textures! Its all grey, which is not but weird but rather BIZARRE. Shouldnt it show up with white color if no texture is used?

TriggerGod
09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
I got it in-game but theres something really wrong with it... It has no textures! Its all grey, which is not but weird but rather BIZARRE. Shouldnt it show up with white color if no texture is used?

No, with a model, it'll be gray if you export it without a UV Map.
If you want to learn about UV Maps, look in the tutorial section.

Mandalore The Shadow
09-09-2008, 07:50 PM
cool thanks ev

EDIT: here is a new desert spec ops mando

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1774
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=79&pictureid=1775

Drunkside
09-10-2008, 03:22 AM
I did uv map it... just like the old ones as well, did exactly the same with them: model it as a poly, give it a uv-map and then make it a mesh->aurora trimesh. The problem seems to be that for some reason mdlops doesnt want to change the textures of it... Or i dont really know, this is odd... Maybe i just have to re-read the good old tut once more *sigh*...

EDIT: I seem to have forgot some phases of the model extracting... I gotta try it out later.

EDITEDIT: Nope it wasnt that... though adding those steps might fix the gun... have to try it. But there are some things that i need answered: First of all, WTF is VS_Sip??? Its a freaking small thingy that sticks out of my hilt and is colored like the normal vibrosword. Secondly, i am using Gmax, so there is no extract uvv-map button here. I figure that this might have something to do with the fact that my uv-map seems to be planar... Dunno why tho. So do you think changing the uvmap to cylinder help?

Mandalore The Shadow
09-15-2008, 08:58 AM
here is another screenshot of the Desert Spec. Ops Mandalorian:
http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=80&pictureid=1821

Canderis
09-15-2008, 07:36 PM
What is that animation DH?

TriggerGod
09-15-2008, 08:30 PM
What is that animation DH?

Thats from when you are training on Dantooine. The meditation scene IIRC.