PDA

View Full Version : Which will offer better performance?

urluckyday
08-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Hey guys. As you guys might know, I'm an avid Windows user, and Vista is no exception. However, one of Vista's big features is Windows ReadyBoost, and I haven't really tried it out until now.

So, I have a 4 gig flash drive that is ReadyBoost enhanced and I also have an "Intel TurboCache" that is 1 gig that can be used for ReadyBoost as well (one of the options you can choose).

Now, I was wondering which one I should use for ReadyBoost because I didn't know if the flash drive would be slower than the TurboCache (even though it had more space). In theory, which one would offer better performance?

P.S. I don't need answers telling me that ReadyBoost doesn't offer much for performance upgrades, I just want to know which one would offer better performance.

Thanks in advance!

stingerhs
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Readyboost works best if you're using one or two flashdrives that corresponds to the amount of RAM that's installed on your system. as such, i would recommend the 4 GB stick if you have 2GB or more installed on your system. if its less than 2GB, the 1 GB stick would suit you better.

in terms of pure speed, unless one of the sticks is a USB 1.1 stick, then you probably won't see much of a difference between the two when it comes to read and write times.

hope that helps. :)

urluckyday
08-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Yep, it does a lot. I have 2 gigs of Ram and a 4 gig stick. Thanks a lot!

mtfbwy

>>>>hey hey! what's this. You do know that me and the force ghost of Sir Alec Guinness have a copyright on using that :p Don't make us get all lawyered up on y'all -Astro