PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Care About The Olympics?

DarthAve
08-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I certainly do. I'll probably end up watching whatever I can find...

Just discuss anything Olympics here I guess, there is a lot. Favorite event? What country are you rooting for? Will Mao Zedong rise from his tomb and show no Communist mercy?

Personally, can't wait for the swimming.... especially Michael Phelps

Black Knight of Keno
08-08-2008, 02:08 PM
I can't wait for the shooting to start.
<.<
>.>

Aaanyways, it had quite a flashy opening, I noticed. Lots of lights. The Chinese made the opening look like a poor German rave/disco :p

IG-64
08-08-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm interested, but I'll be in California half the time.

ET Warrior
08-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I reaaaaaaaaally don't care about the olympics. Never have, probably never will.

Mace MacLeod
08-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Meh.

My sport's hockey. Followed by football. Will be following the Olympics more closely in 2010 when they're in my backyard and my rent goes up 5000%.

Dath Maximus
08-08-2008, 10:53 PM
i was rejected from the olympics running team coaches, apparently utilizing bears to make people run faster is a tad....illegal

DarthAve
08-08-2008, 11:05 PM
The Opening Ceremonies were really beautiful...Though I thought they, like, worshiped Mao over there, they didn't even give the man a nod...

Also, the United States outfits for the parade of nations are just dreadful. My god, the team isn't going boating, Ralph Lauren = Fail.

BongoBob
08-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Ralph Lauren = Fail.

You just now realize this?

TiE23
08-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Lol @ George Bush giving the "cause I got to" applause to the Iraqi team. Funny how they looked at him when it was their turn to show.

Also, this looks cool with HDTV on it. So sharp.

Mike Windu
08-09-2008, 01:57 AM
You kidding me? Those blazers were so classy.

I like that driver's cap, too.

Anyway, I'm really excited it's in Beijing and more specifically, Asia.

Oriental representation in Occidental media has been far too low and annoyingly stereotypical.

Bout bloody time, I say.

Lightsaberboy
08-09-2008, 02:52 AM
Skywalker!!

Commander Obi-Wan
08-09-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm "meh". Like if Canada wins a medal, I'll be happy and what not. But I probably won't watch any of it.

IG-64
08-09-2008, 05:53 AM
I just watched several hours of online streaming through the NBC website. I've never seen the Olympics like this, and it's pretty awesome. The past few Olympics had been impossible to watch what you want to watch, because it was all going on at the same time and on different channels. Now with the online streaming it lets you jump to what you want and watch it in high quality live. It's great.

I know I sound like a commercial, but I seriously want more of this in the future. I hear it's the most advanced HD and online streaming setup ever put together. I just jumped between cycling, badminton, boating, rowing, judo, weightlifting, shooting, and fencing, all streaming live in just this one night. It makes me feel all futurey. It also makes me wonder why some of you are not interested in the Olympics. There's a lot going on at once and a lot at stake (if you're into that whole honor thing). It almost makes me sad that I'm going to California instead of staying home and watching the Olympics all week.

Well, not really, but still.

leXX
08-09-2008, 07:46 AM
The opening ceremony was brilliant. The amount of training it took to get everyone so synchronized really showed. Simply awesome. I don't know how the hell we (London) are going to top that in 2012.

I love watching the Olympics. I'll be glued to the TV for 2 weeks. My favourites to watch are diving and athletics.

Dath Maximus
08-09-2008, 09:35 AM
i refuse to watch the olympics, stupid anti-bear laws

Det. Bart Lasiter
08-09-2008, 11:06 PM
not watching and **** those ****ty looks at the olympic athletes who got molested or set on fire or whatever

Anthony
08-09-2008, 11:31 PM
i was rejected from the olympics running team coaches, apparently utilizing bears to make people run faster is a tad....illegal

but effective.

EnderWiggin
08-10-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm going to watch. In fact, I'm watching right now.

I hate the Chinese government, just for the record.

_EW_

Kain
08-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Um, I care more about getting a few hot nails in the eyes than watching the Olympics...but I mean hey, thats just me.

HEY!! Has anyone else heard that zombies are supposed to rise during the Olympic opening ceremony? Yea...that kinda fell through. And I was looking forward to the zombie apocalypse...

Ctrl Alt Del
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
Watching the grass grow: is more fun.

Dath Maximus
08-13-2008, 02:11 PM
also, in regards to this phelps boy, he aint got nothing on mark spitz, that man was a true athelete

its taken how many decades and redesigns of special suits that help you move through the water faster, not to mention redesigning of pools that have gutters to allow the water to break when you come to the edge to finally beat Spitz's records?

MrWally
08-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm not so sure Dath. Considering how amazing Phelps is doing (and how he's continually beating every world record... by a pretty decent amount, too), I'd say he's a true athlete.

Gymnastics were pretty sad last night. I felt so bad for the girl who fell on both the beam and the floor exercise. Just the feeling of knowing that you did it thousands of times flawlessly and then making a little mistake when it really mattered... I can't imagine that.

At least she has her individual events to make up for it.

And speaking of gymnastics, anyone know what's up with the Chinese girls team? Half their members are only 14 or 15 years old and legally not allowed to be in the Olympics.... what's up with it?

EnderWiggin
08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
And speaking of gymnastics, anyone know what's up with the Chinese girls team? Half their members are only 14 or 15 years old and legally not allowed to be in the Olympics.... what's up with it?

That's not what their chinese passports say :xp:

_EW_

Rogue15
08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
im more interested in the russia/georgia conflict

EnderWiggin
08-13-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm not so sure Dath. Considering how amazing Phelps is doing (and how he's continually beating every world record... by a pretty decent amount, too), I'd say he's a true athlete.

The best damn athlete ever, actually :)

_EW_

DarthAve
08-13-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm very annoyed at the olympics right now... The only showing of the Men's Individual All Around Gymnastics Final is at 2:00 in the morning on Telemundo... I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME NBC??

EnderWiggin
08-13-2008, 04:40 PM
I'm very annoyed at the olympics right now... The only showing of the Men's Individual All Around Gymnastics Final is at 2:00 in the morning on Telemundo... I DON'T SPEAK SPANISH. WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME NBC??

I've never liked NBC. They do this every time, by the way.

_EW_

BongoBob
08-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Can you watch it online Ave?

DarthAve
08-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Actually, apparently it's yahoo's fault. It's actually gonna be on NBC, Yahoo just didn't list it... ~sour face~

Now I get to see my bb tonight! GO SASHA, ILU BB <3

MrWally
08-13-2008, 07:46 PM
That's not what their chinese passports say :xp:

_EW_

That's exactly what pisses me off.

They shouldn't have been given the Gold Medal.

rawr.

DarthAve
08-13-2008, 07:55 PM

Gymnastics were pretty sad last night. I felt so bad for the girl who fell on both the beam and the floor exercise. Just the feeling of knowing that you did it thousands of times flawlessly and then making a little mistake when it really mattered... I can't imagine that.

At least she has her individual events to make up for it.

Alicia Sacremone? Yeah, I don't get why Marta didn't use a single alternate when half the team had an injury... Or why Sacremone got put on floor exersize when she'd did the same thing at prelims...

And the Chinese thing is so true. I learned my parents can speak Engrish when my dad said "I eight year old. I compete in Orympics." in a chinese voice. It was hilarious, yet sad.

Anyways, have you guys seen any video of that weightlifter? His elbow literally snapped in two. I will never lift in my life after seeing that.

Sigundr
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
WTF??? When did he snap his elbow?? That's probably on a pain scale close to ripping a muscle off the bone or child birth.

DarthAve
08-14-2008, 02:31 AM
I saw the video on MSNBC...while I was eating. They story is still on DrudgeReport.

In other news, no American won in the men's individual all around finals, but Jhor came in 9th and my bb Sasha came in 12th, which is great CAUSE HE WAS AN ALTERNATE! I recorded all his routines for future awesome refrence.

Also Dath, will this make you feel better?
http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1501

Dath Maximus
08-14-2008, 02:37 AM
I saw the video on MSNBC...while I was eating. They story is still on DrudgeReport.

In other news, no American won in the men's individual all around finals, but Jhor came in 9th and my bb Sasha came in 12th, which is great CAUSE HE WAS AN ALTERNATE! I recorded all his routines for future awesome refrence.

Also Dath, will this make you feel better?
http://lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=1501

only scotch and pizza can make dath feel better

BongoBob
08-14-2008, 03:48 AM
Sex doesn't make you feel better?

Dath Maximus
08-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Sex doesn't make you feel better?

PIZZA AND SCOTCH!

Darth InSidious
08-14-2008, 08:56 AM
No, not interested. Aside from general hatred of sports and ill-will towards men (and women), I will only watch if there is a 'number of Tibetans/Chinese Catholics oppressed during this event' counter, as well as a grand total on-screen.

BongoBob
08-14-2008, 12:24 PM
PIZZA AND SCOTCH!

SEX!

Agent_Katarn00
08-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Why are talikng about this kind of stuff?
It is stupid.
Have to agree with Dath Pizza is sweet!:lol:
But on the topic i like how Phelps is doing in swimming.The olympics are okay in my opininon it's better than some other sports.

Sigundr
08-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Somebody stop meh! Noob acting like a moderator, arrrrrrrrgh

SCOTSH!

BongoBob
08-14-2008, 01:33 PM
SEX!

Sigundr
08-14-2008, 01:36 PM
SEX OLYMPICS!!!

DarthAve
08-14-2008, 01:51 PM
SEX OLYMPICS!!!

http://kscakes.com.nyud.net:8080/LolCats/Uploads/Saved/dees-our-playgurl-picksure.jpg

???

Sigundr
08-14-2008, 01:54 PM
Oooookay. Purely for Ave's enjoyment :D .

The athletes who do the parallel bars are tough as nails to have their biceps and upper arms abused like that.

DarthAve
08-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Oooookay. Purely for Ave's enjoyment :D .

The athletes who do the parallel bars are tough as nails to have their biceps and upper arms abused like that.

Absolutly. :3

Anywho, last night, the men did such an okay job. Everyone was falling all over the place. I can't wait for the youtube montage of all the falls in this all around compitition.... The one where the japanese guy fell off the rings was shocking at first, but then it was hilarious.

Sigundr
08-14-2008, 02:01 PM
ARG! I miss all the falls and failures, most of which are funny as hell. I hope that montage does come out. Be like an Olympics version of Jackass.

DarthAve
08-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Has Michael Phelps won his medals yet?

I hate to admit it, but I'm getting sick of him, and consistantly hearing how he eats 12,000 calories like it's such a F*CKING HUGE DEAL OMFG.

...I wants moar Sasha D: That shirtless picture is NOT fueling my Phelps love either....

Sigundr
08-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Yes, 12k calories, but he works out every waking hour of his day to work that off. 3 times a week is good enough, don'tcha think?

DarthAve
08-15-2008, 12:03 AM
SHUT UP.

I'M FINISHED WITH YOUR TOM FOOLERY.

BongoBob
08-15-2008, 12:26 AM
TWELVE-****ING-THOUSAND-CALORIES AVE! TWELVE! ****ING! THOUSAND!

Sigundr
08-15-2008, 12:28 AM
SHUT UP.

I'M FINISHED WITH YOUR TOM FOOLERY.

:confused: I'm confused, what have I done? I'm only trying to hold a conversation.

More women's gymnastics tonight.

DarthAve
08-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Bongo.... I SAID NO MORE OF THE F*CKIN CALORIES.

I'LL HATE MYSELF FOR SAYING THIS, BUT MICHAEL PHELPS AND HIS GLUTTONY CAN SUCK IT.

BongoBob
08-15-2008, 12:37 AM
CALORIES AVE! LOTS AND LOTS OF CALORIES!

<3 you Ave :p

DarthAve
08-15-2008, 12:47 AM
~sighs~ ... ~looks at that shirtless picture again~

...Love you too Bongo.

Dath Maximus
08-15-2008, 08:52 AM
if you damn noobs dont quiet down and stop pissing me off, i swear im gonna show you people the horrors i can unleash

Sigundr
08-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Aw man, don't cry.

Stupid high bars.

Dath Maximus
08-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Aw man, don't cry.

was that aimed at me, boy?

Darth InSidious
08-15-2008, 11:08 AM
Aw man, don't cry.

Stupid high bars.

Careful. Dath's fury is to be feared, a force the like of which has not been seen in thousands of years. His fiery gaze has consumed whole forums; his might, decimated armies.

For it is written in the Pyramid Texts:

The sky is overcast,
The stars are darkened,
The celestial expanses quiver,
The bones of the earth-gods tremble,
The planets are stilled,
For they have seen Dath Maximus appearing in power
As a god who lives on his fathers
And feeds on his mothers;
The Dath is a master of wisdom
Whose mother knows not his name.

Tyrion
08-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I wonder what the hieroglyph for Dath is. Probably a pony.

Dath Maximus
08-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Careful. Dath's fury is to be feared, a force the like of which has not been seen in thousands of years. His fiery gaze has consumed whole forums; his might, decimated armies.

For it is written in the Pyramid Texts:

The sky is overcast,
The stars are darkened,
The celestial expanses quiver,
The bones of the earth-gods tremble,
The planets are stilled,
For they have seen Dath Maximus appearing in power
As a god who lives on his fathers
And feeds on his mothers;
The Dath is a master of wisdom
Whose mother knows not his name.

you sir are a scholar and a gentleman

and ty, its not a pony, its a baboon

EnderWiggin
08-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I hate to admit it, but I'm getting sick of him
Why, Ave?

Darathy is complete.

_EW_

ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2008, 11:56 AM
I wonder what the hieroglyph for Dath is. Probably a pony.

and ty, its not a pony, its a baboon

I thought it was more like this ;)

* Adult Humor Be Warned *

http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/photoshop/dath_mom.png

EDIT:
Just in case. Since I'm not sure how far is too far in Swampland ;) You can download the file (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/photoshop/dath_mom.zip) should the pic be removed. No intention to offend (hard as that may be here :lol: )

Dath Maximus
08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
YES!!! ChAiNz.2da, because of that feat of awesomeness you will allowed to live as a slave when i launch my war across the world

ChAiNz.2da
08-15-2008, 12:01 PM
YES!!! ChAiNz.2da, because of that feat of awesomeness you will allowed to live as a slave when i launch my war across the world

I am truly honored :bow:

DarthAve
08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Why, Ave?
Because the only place he's not is my dreams.

EnderWiggin
08-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Because the only place he's not is my dreams.

Oh, and here I thought he was in your dreams :xp:

However, you can't blame the world for worshiping him.

He deserves it.

_EW_

DarthAve
08-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh, and here I thought he was in your dreams :xp:

Noooo, I found a new olympian. He's waaay more underappriciated than Phelps, and doesn't have the weird tooth to gum ratio that Phelps has.

Pho3nix
08-15-2008, 04:41 PM
if you damn noobs dont quiet down and stop pissing me off, i swear im gonna show you people the horrors i can unleash
do it

Pie™
08-15-2008, 08:31 PM
be an hero

Dath Maximus
08-15-2008, 10:45 PM
be an hero

god dammit....you people know how i feel about doing the right thing

stupid trolling n00bs...making me do good

EnderWiggin
08-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Noooo, I found a new olympian. He's waaay more underappriciated than Phelps, and doesn't have the weird tooth to gum ratio that Phelps has.

Another swimmer? Because if you say Lochte I'll come through this computer screen.

I can't stand Ryan Lochte.

_EW_

Vikinor
08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Don't care about Summer Olympics. Winter Olympics will be good. Looking forward to hockey. I'd like to see Sweden get another gold.

Darth InSidious
08-16-2008, 07:13 PM

*bows*

I am honoured, o praised one whom the praised ones praise.

DarthAve
08-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Another swimmer? Because if you say Lochte I'll come through this computer screen.

I can't stand Ryan Lochte.

_EW_

While Lochte does have a prettier face than Phelps, no.

Sasha Artemev. He's highly pretty, has amazing arms, AND he's a total beast on the pommel horse... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhSDcgsDMcc)

Dath Maximus
08-17-2008, 01:44 AM
and hes probably gay

i could easily beat the tar out of that guy

DarthAve
08-17-2008, 01:53 AM
and hes probably gay

i could easily beat the tar out of that guy
If your trying to impress women with brute strength, that went out a while ago... sorry Dath

Dath Maximus
08-17-2008, 02:10 AM
If your trying to impress women with brute strength, that went out a while ago... sorry Dath

who said anything about impressing women?

i just said i could beat tar out of him

im a violent psychotic remember

DarthAve
08-18-2008, 11:10 AM
who said anything about impressing women?

i just said i could beat tar out of him

im a violent psychotic remember

Your cagefighter act is getting a little old.

Dath Maximus
08-18-2008, 11:40 AM

isnt an act

Pho3nix
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Woah...did you just get snappy with dath?

Pie™
08-18-2008, 01:45 PM

It was never fresh to begin with.

CapNColostomy
08-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Dear Brett Favre

I know a couple weeks ago I was crying like a little girl about you being on my television and internets all the time, but if you would be so kind as to retire, announce your comeback, then be traded to a ****ty NFC North team again, I would really appreciate it, as I am sick to ****ing death of seeing this goofy looking, big eared, swimming jack off lousing up my various forms of media entertainment all the time.

And now for a letter to OJ Simpson...

Taos
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I don't give a damn about the summer olympics. I haven't watched one minute of it.

Now the winter olympics is a different story, lots more interesting stuff there for me.

TiE23
08-19-2008, 02:48 PM
OLYMPICS THEMED! http://phelpssaiyan.ytmnd.com/
This made me rofl.

http://olympicvictory.ytmnd.com/
Pretty good, too.

DarthAve
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
OLYMPICS THEMED! http://phelpssaiyan.ytmnd.com/
This made me rofl.

http://olympicvictory.ytmnd.com/
Pretty good, too.

If we're including those types of things, I'd like to present this. (http://community.livejournal.com/icanhasmedal/) It's like LOLcats, minus the cats, plus the olympics. It's essentially the LOLympics.

Lightsaberboy
08-21-2008, 03:04 AM
Phelps goes super-sayian!
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/d/3/7/d375bcb7ff19525cf7c67cc873e850bd.gif

EnderWiggin
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Phelps goes super-sayian!

Why did you repost what Tie just posted?

_EW_

DarthAve
08-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Why did you repost what Tie just posted?

_EW_

and why did you post something that's been on the internet for, like, 2 weeks?

Hermie
08-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Phelps safely returned to his tank at SeaWorld (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/michael_phelps_returns_to_his_tank?utm_source=onio n_rss_daily). =)

DarthAve
08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
So the olympics are over....

QUICK EVERYONE! FAVORITE MOMENTS! GO.

Dath Maximus
08-24-2008, 11:36 AM
So the olympics are over....

QUICK EVERYONE! FAVORITE MOMENTS! GO.

laughing with one of my coworkers as several other coworkers were freaking out when some australian chick won the womens swimming gold at the very last moment instead of the american