PDA

View Full Version : HK-47 versus General Grievous

Endorenna
09-25-2008, 06:14 AM
My sister and I are debating: Who would win, General Grievous or HK-47?

JFF, I'll add R2-D2 to the list. :xp:

The Betrayer
09-25-2008, 07:23 AM
HK-47, I think.
Since Grievous has no force sensitivity, he won't detect a good sneak attack, what HK-47 is famous for.
Plus, HK-47 was a Jedi killer, so yeah.

Lance Monance
09-25-2008, 09:45 AM
If we're talking about a duel where they both start with like 20 meters between them, then I'd say Grievous. He wields Lightsabers after all.

But then again, you mustn't underestimate Hk-47. He devised the strategy to defeat Darth Sion and knows a lot about how to kill Jedi in general. If Hk-47 has the opportunity to study and examine Grievous prior to their fight, I'd place my money on Hk. :)

TKA-001
09-25-2008, 10:33 AM
The premise is ridiculous (like most "versus" threads), but I'll disregard that for the remainder of my post.

I'm going to assume that they both get their standard equipment, which means HK-47 has the usual assortment of blasters, while Grievous has at least two lightsabers, plus his cape.

My analysis? Grievous wipes the floor with HK, regardless of the environment. HK may be an assassination droid of unrivaled sophistication (his words), but I don't see how he's on the same level of Grievous in terms of sheer killing ability. HK killed plenty of people (some Jedi), but many of those were assassinations. I seriously doubt that HK confronted the target directly and attacked directly without a trick of some kind in most of those assassinations.

Grievous doesn't use or need tricks. He's shown repeatedly to defeat skilled Jedi Masters in very short duels, even when he's badly outnumbered, and he doesn't sneak up on them or anything like that. Aside from that, his armor is also shown to be highly resistant to laser fire (as shown in the novel Labyrinth of Evil, where he deflects shots from a clone trooper with his hands), while HK does not have lightsaber-resistant armor.

Lance put up an interesting point on HK's abilities to defeat Jedi, but it can't be applied to Grievous, since Grievous isn't a Jedi at all (and he's probably killed more Jedi than HK anyway). In conclusion, I doubt Grievous would have any more trouble with dispatching HK-47 than he would with a single ARC trooper (of which he's killed groups).

mattig89ch
09-25-2008, 11:19 AM
With HK-47's ability to defeat jedi, i'd have to go with him. Greavous wouldn't stand a chance. knowing HK-47, he'd suffocate him by disabling his ships life support.

Saber-Scorpion
09-25-2008, 11:59 AM
hey guys lets not forget R2-D2 who would win against HK's and grievous you know that fella is quite small and got loads of tricks and that he would use to win against them but anyway since this HK-47 vs Grievous i am going to say what i have to say well HK is an assassination droid and grievous is a cyborg since he has a real heart and so it would matter like if they were on a ship naboo and more and since hk is assassination droid he wouldn't go in to direct combat with grievous.
Again grievous is a cyborg that likes melee combat and therefore uses lightsabers so it's just a matter of place how close they are to each others so the answer here is that they both could win against each other it just matter if they are close or far away but i still goes with my previous message R2-D2 would win agains both of them

Astor
09-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I'm going to assume that they both get their standard equipment, which means HK-47 has the usual assortment of blasters, while Grievous has at least two lightsabers, plus his cape.

Just curious, but is the cape important? I guess he could use it as a distraction (such as throwing it at the droid).

Like I say, more curiosity than anything else.

My analysis? Grievous wipes the floor with HK, regardless of the environment. HK may be an assassination droid of unrivaled sophistication (his words), but I don't see how he's on the same level of Grievous in terms of sheer killing ability. HK killed plenty of people (some Jedi), but many of those were assassinations. I seriously doubt that HK confronted the target directly and attacked directly without a trick of some kind in most of those assassinations.

Very good point - plus, Grievous has all of those years as a Khaleesh Warlord behind him - He's had to fight for his survival so many times it's second nature.

All HK has are a few assassination protocols - which, while sophisticated, only have so many programmed responses and outcomes.

HK does not have lightsaber-resistant armor.

Very good point, and something that i've always found odd considering the purpose he was built for.

In conclusion, I doubt Grievous would have any more trouble with dispatching HK-47 than he would with a single ARC trooper (of which he's killed groups).

Like you say, if he can take down powerful Jedi, then a simple droid is no match.

With HK-47's ability to defeat jedi, i'd have to go with him. Greavous wouldn't stand a chance.

But Grievous isn't a jedi. Using a lightsaber doesn't automatically make you one - all Grievous has is a lightsaber and hydraulics.

knowing HK-47, he'd suffocate him by disabling his ships life support.

Watch Episode III again - Grievous has been shown to be able to survive in a vacuum - turning off life support wouldn't do a thing.

Result? Greivous reduces HK to base components in seconds.

ChAiNz.2da
09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
I like HK.. but against GG... sorry, not going to happen. Grievous would annihilate HK before you could say "meatbag"...
Grievous makes his first chronological appearance in the Star Wars universe in episode 20 of the Clone Wars series. He single-handedly attacks and dispatches seven Jedi in an aggressive display of lightsaber mastery. He begins the swift conquest of almost all of the Outer Rim planets, striking fear into the very heart of the Republic. Grievous leads the assault into the inner systems, along the Corellian Trade Spine, conquering world after world. He harbors an intense hatred of the Jedi, and takes great satisfaction in collecting their lightsabers as trophies after killing them. - source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Grievous#Clone_Wars_series)

Grievous's first public appearance against the Republic was at the Battle of Hypori, where his tactics resulted in the obliteration of an entire Republic task force. Grievous proceeded to defeat a team of seven Jedi Knights, including Council members Ki-Adi-Mundi and Shaak Ti. These two, along with Aayla Secura and K'Kruhk, were the only survivors of the battle, as a rescue team comprised of ARC Captain Fordo and several other Advanced Recon Commandos, sent to Hypori by Obi-Wan Kenobi, arrived and managed to hold Grievous at bay with great difficulty as the Jedi made their escape. Had the clones not arrived, the remaining Jedi would have likely been killed. - source (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous#The_general_revealed)

yeah...

Lance Monance
09-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Wow I never realized Grievous was that proficient at lightsaber combat. In the movie, Obi-wan defeated him in saber combat in an almost casual manner.

Astor
09-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Wow I never realized Grievous was that proficient at lightsaber combat. In the movie, Obi-wan defeated him in saber combat in an almost casual manner.

I think that's more to do with pre-set destiny for Obi-Wan more than anything else... :lol:

Feagildin
09-25-2008, 04:34 PM
It was Obi-Wan's style that allowed him to win. Soresu is a powerful technique, despite Kreia's near disdain for it. That single point is in fact why Kenobi was chosen by the council to defeat Grievous. And Soresu also is what accounted for the "casual manner," being a mindset as well as a lightsaber style.

It depends, in my opinion, upon whether or not they have time to set up or not. Assuming they do, HK wins with an assortment of mines, grenades, flamethrowers, and blaster-fire.

Assuming they are thrown into an arena each with their "typical" gear, I think it would be close. No one so far has taken personal shields into account. HK could very well have a high-end energy resistant shield activated, nullifying Grievous' lightsabers for a time. Also, if you notice, HK-47 has a reasonably high strength modifier, so he may be able to grapple with Grievous and possibly disarm him using droid-only items such as the gravity generators or stun him with neural disruptors. Or Grievous could prove resistant to all these stratagems and simply impale HK's core with a lightsaber. But my money is on HK-47, even if it is mostly due to bias. :xp:

thundrfang1
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM

Thats because they messed up GG in episode 3. I mean in the star wars TV show on CT, GG killed i think 3 knights and 2 masters in ONE FIGHT!

Anyway i think GG would own HK.

Rev7
09-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I like HK, but come on guys. General Grevious would totally own.

Corinthian
09-25-2008, 08:59 PM
HK wins. 120 kilometers away shot to the knees with an Aratech sniper rifle with a trilight scope. Followed by another shot to the chest, and a third to the head.

RedHawke
09-25-2008, 09:14 PM
Actually I would call it a draw... being this is just a vs scenario I know HK would flee until a plan of attack could be enacted upon Grevious. In melee Grevious would win, but remember Grevious should not be able to deflect blaster bolts with his saber(s) like a Jedi can so it is anyones game in ranged combat.

HK clearly indicates in TSL that he used tactics to achieve his goals, so it would not be any different here. Grevious didn't appear to be incompetent either so I'll call it a draw.

Endorenna
09-25-2008, 09:21 PM
I think that HK would win. After all General Grievous doesn't have the Force, so he's gonna have a whole lot of trouble blocking blaster bolts, especially a sniper rifle. :) If it's at closer quarters, then HK could use his flamethrower on Grievous' chest, igniting what's left of his organic parts.

Also, as Atton said, "It's not hard to kill Jedi. You just have to be smart about it." ;)

Revan 411
09-25-2008, 09:48 PM
HK would win. Only because he's awesome!

That, and he has a big rifle with him, and can kill anyone who gets in his way.

So, pretty much yeah. I'd call it a draw though...

Corinthian
09-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Furthermore, HK-47 is an assassin. Grievous would be facing so many traps that it wouldn't even be funny. Implosion bomb strapped to his hyperdrive, which is actually just a cover for a small capsule of Nergon-14 in a strategic weak spot on the shielding of the power core, which is backed up by a line of thermal detonation tape against the vessel's airlock and a time-detonated thermal detonator A-Class in Grievous' chambers.

DeadYorick
09-26-2008, 01:31 AM
This is a very hard match up. I am going to think long and hard about this

Remember Corinthian. This depends on the situation. What if HK-47 only has a standard blaster pistol. Remember if Hk-47 has all that equipment what if Grievous has a huge amount of shielding and such. Or better yet what if Grievous knew Hk-47 was waiting for him.

I know this all depends on situation and please don't contradict me so we can get into a very long debate on how well Hk-47 can aim through a blaster sheild. Just know that HK-47 isn't an invincible droid with a rifle who can shoot someone between the eyes a kilometer away. All the same people remember HK-47 has defeated Jedi before by using various weapons to good effect. But it all depends on the situation

Right now I believe it would be entered into a draw. Eventually HK-47's rifle would run out of ammo and Grievous's weapons would fall off a cliff. Then both decide to fight another day

Corinthian
09-26-2008, 01:42 AM
If HK-47 is only armed with a blaster pistol, then Grievous would probably win. Unless Grievous is similarly poorly equipped, say, with only one lightsaber, in which case, Grievous will be hard pressed to do his lightsaber spinning technique effectively.

Rakata, he's DONE that. Actually, according to him, he's shot people through the knees from 120 kilometers away. With an Aratech Sniper Rifle. With a trilights cope.

DeadYorick
09-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Rakata, he's DONE that. Actually, according to him, he's shot people through the knees from 120 kilometers away. With an Aratech Sniper Rifle. With a trilights cope.

I was just giving an example as to why HK-47 isn't all powerful. I could just over exaggerate it and say HK-47 isn't some invincible droid who can shoot a lazer from one planet to another

Sabretooth
09-26-2008, 03:42 AM
Oh crap, I thought this was supposed to be a general 1 vs. 2 war, so I voted HK because I find him cooler. Little did I know that this was supposed to be a hypothetical battle.

In that situation, Greivous would win hands down: not only because he has more arms and can use lightsabers, but his parts are thousands of years newer and more advanced.

Corinthian
09-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Lightsabers are not the Be-All, End-All weapon. Grievous doesn't have the supernatural Jedi danger sense that allows them to deflect bolts, he relies on brute force and some interesting strategies to protect himself from blaster-armed clones. HK-47 is smarter than that.

In a reasonable scenario - HK-47 and Grievous are dropped into an empty urban environment with caches of equipment spread around, HK-47 would win, hands down. Grievous relies on lightsabers primarily with blasters forming a distant seconds and more esoteric weapons like Force Staves making a third. HK-47 dominantly uses blasters, but is skilled with various different weapons. Besides, HK-47 has killed proper Jedi before. So has Grievous, admittedly, but HK-47 doesn't fight like a Jedi. Grievous does in most ways that count.

Sabretooth
09-26-2008, 05:51 AM
Lightsabers are not the Be-All, End-All weapon. Grievous doesn't have the supernatural Jedi danger sense that allows them to deflect bolts, he relies on brute force and some interesting strategies to protect himself from blaster-armed clones. HK-47 is smarter than that.
Well but because of his cyborg implants, he is almost as fast. So maybe he doesn't have the intuition, but he is pretty fast with his sabers...

Lance Monance
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Well but because of his cyborg implants, he is almost as fast. So maybe he doesn't have the intuition, but he is pretty fast with his sabers...

Hm.. do you think being able to move and react fast would be sufficient to deflect blaster bolts? I believe some kind of foresight is necessary to accomplish such a feat.

Edit: Well on second though..blasters aren't lasers. I guess it depends on how fast the projectile moves.

TKA-001
09-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Grievous doesn't have the supernatural Jedi danger sense that allows them to deflect bolts
Why does a person whose armor can withstand laser fire need to bother trying to deflect said laser fire?

knight 12167
09-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I am sure that if h.k snuck up and did some rapid shots in the same spot on the armour eventually it would melt

RedHawke
09-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Lightsabers are not the Be-All, End-All weapon.
Wiser words can't be spoken... Lightsabers have their respective uses, yes. But to have that as your only weapon is folly, even for as Jedi. Whilst Obi-Wan thought them uncivilized a ranged weapon can save your arse, even old Obi-Wan has to admit that.

In the PnP RPG I had several characters, whilst each were very powerful in the force, they were not without a ranged weapon of some type on their person, in addition to their lightsaber(s).

Sorry for the derailment... my mind wanders sometimes. ;)

On topic, whilst Grevious' armoured plating is resistant to lasers/blasters it isn't resistant to disruptors or plasma weapons... let alone a good old-fashioned high velocity armour-piercing slug thrower. :D

DeadYorick
09-26-2008, 11:03 PM
I am sure that if h.k snuck up and did some rapid shots in the same spot on the armour eventually it would melt

If you were getting shot by someone in the exact same spot wouldn't you protect said spot or move away?

Plus I don't think armor melts. It erodes or breaks away but I don't think blaster fire is hot enough to actually melt specific kinds of metal.

Endorenna
09-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Plasma Grenade=Goodbye, General :)

HK could probably get it close enough to the gut sack in Grievous' chest that it would be over very, very fast. :D

Corinthian
09-26-2008, 11:48 PM
Firstly, there isn't any reason to believe that General Grievous has some kind of blast-proof armor plating. Secondly, there are a lot of different types and sizes of blaster weapons. Thirdly, HK-47 is hardly limited to blasters. Disruptors and thermal detonators are only the beginning.

DeadYorick
09-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Plasma Grenade=Goodbye, General :)

HK could probably get it close enough to the gut sack in Grievous' chest that it would be over very, very fast. :D

Yeah before General Grievous has his 4 lightsabers and saws his head off right? Remember how easily he killed things in clone wars and Episode 3? I remember thinking Grievous was some sort of unstoppable killing machine

Endorenna
09-27-2008, 12:15 AM
In Episode 3, when Anakin and Obi-wan were both about to attack him, what did he do? He ran. Fast. Why? He knew he couldn't handle two powerful Jedi at once. I'm still wondering how the heck he did it on Hypori. HK has killed several powerful Jedi. He could take Grievous. All he has to do is flamethrow him or throw a grenade at him. What would out dear cyborg do about a grenade? He'd catch it. :lol: (jk)
On Utapau, he survived because of his big bad machine with the claws. :D

DeadYorick
09-27-2008, 12:21 AM
In Episode 3, when Anakin and Obi-wan were both about to attack him, what did he do? He ran. Fast. Why? He knew he couldn't handle two powerful Jedi at once. I'm still wondering how the heck he did it on Hypori. HK has killed several powerful Jedi. He could take Grievous. All he has to do is flamethrow him or throw a grenade at him. What would out dear cyborg do about a grenade? He'd catch it. :lol: (jk)
On Utapau, he survived because of his big bad machine with the claws. :D

Grievous knew that the battle in the beginning of Episode 3 was clearly outmatched. Since his bodyguards could only hold the jedi back on that extremely small bridge on a ship that was being attacked by hundreds of small fighters. So what did he do? He immediately thought of a plan he believed would easily kill them. Obviously break out through the bridge and cause the ship to blindly smash into the planet while he cleverly escapes. However he didn't expect that Anakin could land half of the ship.

Grievous got all of his lightsabers for one reason. He stole them from jedi who attempted to take him down. I think he would have a plan if a grenade was coming at him. (You have to wonder what would happen if Hk-47 had a grenade thrown at him)

Endorenna
09-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Grievous knew that the battle in the beginning of Episode 3 was clearly outmatched. Since his bodyguards could only hold the jedi back on that extremely small bridge on a ship that was being attacked by hundreds of small fighters. So what did he do? He immediately thought of a plan he believed would easily kill them. Obviously break out through the bridge and cause the ship to blindly smash into the planet while he cleverly escapes. However he didn't expect that Anakin could land half of the ship.

All right, I'll give you that one.

Grievous got all of his lightsabers for one reason. He stole them from jedi who attempted to take him down. I think he would have a plan if a grenade was coming at him.

He'd probably think up something. I was joking about catching the grenade.

(You have to wonder what would happen if Hk-47 had a grenade thrown at him)

:lol: Dive, dive! :lol:

Actually, he'd probably throw it back. :lol:

Rev7
09-27-2008, 02:08 AM
The suit, built of Durasteel and armorplast-plated Duranium, was built to resemble Krath war droids. His armorplast plates were strong enough to stop a bolt from even a starfighter's laser cannon.
Source (http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/General_Grievous_-_Biography/id/1420591)

I have no idea how credible that is though...

Chevron 7 locke
10-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Hk-47 would destroy Grievous. And say something Hillarious while doing so

Endorenna
10-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Gleeful Exclamation: Die, cyborg meatbag!

mattig89ch
10-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I could just see HK-47 steping out of the shadows after something happened to rob greivous of this arms and legs.

And as he advances, blaster rifle in hand, HK-47 says something like "Mocking query: Are you all right, general? You seem to have suffered a series of flawlessly timed explosions.
Statement: You were very lucky to survive them.
Statement: But your luck has run out."

And then shoots grievous.

Corinthian
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
That depends on what kind of grenade you're talking about. If it's High Explosive, Plasma, Ion or a Thermal Detonator, HK runs for the hills. If it's Sonic, Frag, or Concussion, he stands there and laughs.

TKA-001
10-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Mocking query
HK-47 can't use adjectives when describing his sentences. Why can no one remember that except me?

Thanatos9t
10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
HK-47 can't use adjectives when describing his sentences. Why can no one remember that except me?

It would probably be something like this:
"Mockery: Are you all right, general? You seem to have suffered a series of flawlessly timed explosions."

As he uses that method when making fun of Carth and Revan in TSL.

Blix
10-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Grievous hands down; he would annihilate HK before he had the chance to utter one his infamous one-liners.

Darth Hord
10-09-2008, 10:40 PM
The general wins this hands down. His cybernetic brain allows him to have a vast knowledge of light combat forms/maneuvers. He can adapt and copy an opponent's strategy/form mid fight as he replicates Mace Windu's Vapaad form with a near perfect copy(if you know about vapaad then you know why Grievous can't copy it perfectly. His armor can also defend against glancing blows from a lightsaber and he was able to spin the sabers up to 20 blades a second. He is also incredibly fast as he was seen in the CW cartoon dodging numerous missiles fired only at from a gunship and fire from 3 arc troopers.

The Betrayer
10-10-2008, 07:28 AM
he was able to spin the sabers up to 20 blades a second

How do you measure spinning by 'blades'?

Darth Hord
10-10-2008, 07:45 AM
How do you measure spinning by 'blades'?
I got it from the ROTS novel what I meant to say is that his blades can strike at twenty strikes per second.

After all, he had often walked unscathed through hornet-swarms of blasterfire, defended only by the Force's direction of his blade; countering twelve blows per second was only difficult, not impossible. His blade wove an intricate web of angles and curves, never truly fast but always just fast enough, each motion of his lightsaber subtly interfering with three or four or eight of the general's strikes, the rest sizzling past him, his precise, minimal shifts of weight and stance slipping them by centimeters.

Grievous, snarling fury, ramped up the intensity and velocity of his attacks-sixteen per second, eighteen-until finally, at twenty strikes per second, he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack.

Lance Monance
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
he overloaded Obi-Wan's defense. So Obi-Wan used his defense to attack.

Didn't seem like that in the movie, but that may just be me.

From my point of view, Grivous hacked away at Obi who managed to cut 2 of Grievous' sabers while defending himself. Simply because he is better at lightsaber combat.

mattig89ch
10-10-2008, 10:35 AM

He can so, or at least the HK-50 models can. Strait from K2:
"Mocking query: Corta, corta are you dead yet?"
"Smug statement: I belive I forgot to mention that I reversed the turbolift codes, in case you managed to get this far."

Endorenna
10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Yea, it definitely didn't look like that in the movie. That was not twenty strikes a second. More like...two?

Darth Hord
10-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Yea, it definitely didn't look like that in the movie. That was not twenty strikes a second. More like...two?

Of course it did, we can't perceive twenty strikes per second hell, in the novels the characters are described as moving as blurs at times but we can't see that with human eyes.

Corinthian
10-10-2008, 05:47 PM
But, naturally, in the movie, he sucked.

Non-false Jedi
10-22-2008, 07:02 AM
Its so difficult question to answer becuase the movie's vision for Grevious is worlds apart from his EU portrayal. In the Clone Wars cartoon (at least) he was devastating and clsoe to unstopable, but its more than a case of just exagerated stylizing that everyone had in the cartoon, he was intended to be a monsterous force that was relentless and powerful. In the movie he was just an imposing but cowardly cybernetic general.

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
i say grevious.

i havnt read teh posts... yet. coz its 1:10 am and im slepy. hense mye misssplings. *falls asleep*

*snaps awake*

i say grevious.

i havnt red he posts... yet. coz its 1:10am and imm slepyy. hense mi msplings.
*falls alseep*....

teodesetkata
11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
C-3PO owns them both!

mattig89ch
11-07-2008, 03:51 PM
C-3PO owns them both!

how do you propose that would happen? Do you think that 3P0 would just anoy both of them to death?

I still think that HK-47 would own Grevious. Grevious just doesn't seem like the tactition that HK-47 is. Not too mention that revan would have given his personal droid some of his own tactics and strategies.

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
11-08-2008, 12:58 AM
how do you propose that would happen? Do you think that 3P0 would just anoy both of them to death?

I still think that HK-47 would own Grevious. Grevious just doesn't seem like the tactition that HK-47 is. Not too mention that revan would have given his personal droid some of his own tactics and strategies.

HK is the man, but
have you seen grievous' abilities? like in the clone wars animated series?
i like hk way better, but going by what i know, grievous wins.

teodesetkata
11-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Yeah C-3PO's best weapon is his annoyance.

Ctrl Alt Del
11-08-2008, 09:56 AM
I agree with TKA. Face to face, Grievous would probably win. I don't doubt HK's cunning, but I'm not sure about his speed and dextery. Clearly, Grievous has more human-like movements, therefore being more agile.

Knowing HK modus operandi though, he'd probably disguise as one of GG doids aides and wait for the best moment to strike at Grievous. Then he would win.

I was under impression he used that as a metaphor to describe his point of view on 'love'. He never says he done that, actually.

Darth InSidious
11-08-2008, 02:31 PM
HK. Grievous couldn't even kill pansy Jedi from the film era.

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
11-09-2008, 12:28 AM
HK. Grievous couldn't even kill pansy Jedi from the film era.

actually he did... clicky here (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1145597FC2qtqeg?rank=19&order=cp&c=SWCloneWars)

or here for the whole thing (http://www.veoh.com/channels/SWCloneWars)
;)

Web Rider
11-09-2008, 01:09 AM
actually he did... clicky here (http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1145597FC2qtqeg?rank=19&order=cp&c=SWCloneWars)

or here for the whole thing (http://www.veoh.com/channels/SWCloneWars)
;)

Which is what cheeses me off about the new Clone Wars series. Grievous has the strategy of a swamp rat and seems about as skilled a fighter as Luke in his frst lightsaber training session.

GwannaSauna
11-09-2008, 01:32 AM
General Grievous stabs HK-47 but HK self-destructs*, destroying them both

*Anyone who wants to tell me "but how?" just remember the HK-50 droid that tried to kill you on the Peragus Mining Facility...

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
11-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Which is what cheeses me off about the new Clone Wars series. Grievous has the strategy of a swamp rat and seems about as skilled a fighter as Luke in his frst lightsaber training session.

yeah, but its canon. i suppose its possible because of greivous' literally electric fast reflexes. and all that droid enhancementness.

Ultimate Vader
11-09-2008, 04:52 AM
Ok. HK is an assassin droid, not a battle droid. Do you realize that every theory that he gives to us are assassin methods? Assassins are weak in open combat. GG will rush in and stab HK's processor. End of the story. Case closed. No need for thermal detonators. GG is able to fight 5 Jedi at once. Can HK do that? No. HK can give a Jedi a trouble using a blaster. Can GG do that? Yes, he does that against Kenobi. GG can survive a crush from Mace Windu. Can HK do that? No. HK can kill Jedi with gas bomb. Can GG do that? GG can jump high and stab the Jedi on the head. GG can mock Jedi and make them cowards. Can HK do that? No. GG suceed in kidnapping Palpatine. Can HK do that ?No way.GG can dodge many things, including missiles. Can HK do that? Hell no. GG outclasses HK in every way.

For you to know, I'm not a GG fanboy. And game mechanics are non-canon. Check forums such as killermovies to find out about things like this.

I think we need a forum for versus fight.

GwannaSauna
11-09-2008, 05:55 AM
And game mechanics are non-canon

Yeah, but how can you say that when all of HK's appearances are in games?

Ultimate Vader
11-09-2008, 06:12 AM
I mean game mechanics like how many Jedi Revan killed.

The Betrayer
11-09-2008, 06:29 AM
GG can mock Jedi and make them cowards. Can HK do that? No. GG suceed in kidnapping Palpatine. Can HK do that ?No

WRONG! HK-47 like Atton and Revan's other trained assassins are very good at intimidation.

Ultimate Vader
11-09-2008, 06:42 AM
Proof?

mattig89ch
11-09-2008, 10:29 PM

I've been noticing that too. All he's using is brute force, and the only thing smart about him is that he can notice when he's lost and can escape.

HK-47 would never let it come face to face. I think he'd booby trap Grievous' fighter, then wait and escape another way.

Proof?
Have you played K1? "Statement: Gaurds give up, meat bag! Assassin droids hunt down your entire family tree!"

TKA-001
11-09-2008, 11:01 PM
*Anyone who wants to tell me "but how?" just remember the HK-50 droid that tried to kill you on the Peragus Mining Facility...
That was an HK-50, not an HK-47.

Grievous has the strategy of a swamp rat
Can anyone cite an example or two of Grievous' supposedly brilliant strategic/tactical capabilities? Because as far as I know, there are no specific examples.

Web Rider
11-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Can anyone cite an example or two of Grievous' supposedly brilliant strategic/tactical capabilities? Because as far as I know, there are no specific examples.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

read, learn. Yeah okay details are lacking because unlike real life you can't find every last detail of a battle. Still, Grievous is shown to be the driving force behind the Separatists victories, at the rate Grievous loses battles in the new series, the Clone Wars would be over in a few weeks.

TKA-001
11-10-2008, 05:25 PM
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grievous

read, learn. Yeah okay details are lacking because unlike real life you can't find every last detail of a battle. Still, Grievous is shown to be the driving force behind the Separatists victories
I'm not asking for every last detail of a battle; I'm instead asking for at least one detail of any battle. And no, he is not shown to be their driving force; he is said to be the driving force, with no actual details given, and with no details, no effective evidence. People make the same assumptions about Revan, I've noticed.

Web Rider
11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm not asking for every last detail of a battle; I'm instead asking for at least one detail of any battle. And no, he is not shown to be their driving force; he is said to be the driving force, with no actual details given, and with no details, no effective evidence. People make the same assumptions about Revan, I've noticed.

it's a STORY, where people come up with fantastic things to TELL you, saying that being TOLD he was a great general and strategic mastermind isn't enough is like saying the there's no proof for the Extended Universe 'cause msot if it is in written in novels, not shown in movies or comics or toons.

TKA-001
11-10-2008, 07:34 PM
it's a STORY, where people come up with fantastic things to TELL you, saying that being TOLD he was a great general and strategic mastermind isn't enough is like saying the there's no proof for the Extended Universe 'cause msot if it is in written in novels, not shown in movies or comics or toons.
No, it isn't like that. You're talking like there's never been opportunities to demonstrate Grievous' skills, which is false. Of course saying he was good isn't enough. Lots of other characters have had their skills and traits demonstrated, like Palpatine's ability to manipulate others, Thrawn's insight into species via their art, Darth Malak's ruthlessness, Exar Kun's arrogance, Jerec's lust for power, Carth Onasi's stupidity, Joruus C'boath's insanity, and so on. Grievous' supposed tactical/strategic ability has certainly been alluded to, but not actually demonstrated, and that's why one should not automatically assume that he is a genius in that department.

Lance Monance
11-11-2008, 01:38 PM
So do we assume the opposite, remain entirely neutral or lean towards thinking that what is told about him is true? :)

mattig89ch
11-11-2008, 08:28 PM
It just seems like the characters we know and love have been reduced to flailing morons...

though, it is a kid show now...

Web Rider
11-12-2008, 02:41 AM
No, it isn't like that. You're talking like there's never been opportunities to demonstrate Grievous' skills, which is false. Of course saying he was good isn't enough. Lots of other characters have had their skills and traits demonstrated, like Palpatine's ability to manipulate others, Thrawn's insight into species via their art, Darth Malak's ruthlessness, Exar Kun's arrogance, Jerec's lust for power, Carth Onasi's stupidity, Joruus C'boath's insanity, and so on. Grievous' supposed tactical/strategic ability has certainly been alluded to, but not actually demonstrated, and that's why one should not automatically assume that he is a genius in that department.

Wait, how can you take into account what you're being TOLD about Thrawn or Exar Kun in a book, and NOT take into account what's being TOLD about Grievous in various writings, shows, ect....

I mean, do you really want to see a 600 page novel describing ship maneuvers and tactical movements under Grieveous' command? Is the lack of something EXPLICITY explaining why he's the best the problem? You know as well as I do you're never going to see that, so you have to work with what we all work it, that Grievous is the best at what he does because all the other characters say he is.

greggomonkey
12-14-2008, 10:45 AM
look eventualy hk would get his blaster destroyed and grievous would lose his lightsabers and hk would shove a grenade in grievous's chest and grievouse would crush his head and they wouold both die.

Drewton
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Grievous would win, unfortunately...

Fredi
01-04-2009, 12:12 AM
General Grievous, not even masters of the council could kill him (Shak Ti,Ki-Adi Mundi, Ect.) less another droid would.

GeneralPloKoon
01-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Grievous would dominate HK-47, although both are my most favorite SW characters.

Cattpride
01-17-2009, 12:03 AM
What's wrong with you people?
Compared to Grievous, HK-47 is about FOUR THOUSAND YEARS OUTDATED!!!! Just because HK has blasters doesn't mean he wins. Grievous may not be able to reflect shots well, but he has 4 lightsabers. And he's a real warrior. HK is just a droid, and so has limited strategies and plans to use against Grievous, while Grievous is a sentient humanoid with a brain, as well as decades of training and fighting as a war hero. And lightsaber proof armor. :xp:

TKA-001
01-17-2009, 11:05 AM
And lightsaber proof armor.
No, Grievous' armor was blaster-resistant, not lightsaber-proof, else Obi-Wan wouldn't have been able to cut his hands off in ROTS.

Cattpride
01-17-2009, 05:10 PM
No, Grievous' armor was blaster-resistant, not lightsaber-proof, else Obi-Wan wouldn't have been able to cut his hands off in ROTS.

Right. Therefore, if it was blaster-proof, then HK-47 can't technically hurt him?
Mines and traps you say? I'm positive Grievous can sneak around them! You know? Sneak up on HK through the bushes, then chop him in hundreds of tiny pieces with his lightsabers.

Andurilblade
01-18-2009, 01:56 PM
How's this sound? HK pretends to be a protocol droid to get near Grievous, and when Grievous has his back to him, he plunges his hand between Grievous' plates and into his gutsack. Grievous, naturally, reacts by chopping off HK's head. But, though dead, HK's tenacious little claw stays clamped around Grievous' heart, soon ending the career of our intrepid general. My money's on R2.

Cattpride
01-18-2009, 07:30 PM
How's this sound? HK pretends to be a protocol droid to get near Grievous, and when Grievous has his back to him, he plunges his hand between Grievous' plates and into his gutsack. Grievous, naturally, reacts by chopping off HK's head. But, though dead, HK's tenacious little claw stays clamped around Grievous' heart, soon ending the career of our intrepid general. My money's on R2.

What if they're both in a field 40 feet from each other? Just a simple fight. HK-47 gets his little sniper-repeater rifle, and Grievous his 4 lightsabers. Naturally, Grievous has all 4 retracted, and would keep spinning them in front of him while he runs twords HK. He then slips on a puddle, and falls down. HK throws a nice Thermal Detonator at him. Grievous gets blown up, guts and parts going everywhere. His head is flinged at HK, and hits him, then explodes, killing HK. Then, R2 saves the cheerleader at the end. :xp:

Khadmus
02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
In a simple straight-up fight, Grievous wins. That's undeniable. But don't forget; this is HK-47 versus General Grievous, which implies to me that Grievous has the benefit of tactics and followers and most importantly planning - and so does HK-47. So in my opinion, Grievous ends up dealing with military concerns and having great success; and then obscenely large quantities of explosives (and other things) kills him. HK-47 likely escapes undiscovered, but it's hardly a certainty.

Darth Avlectus
02-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Can I just say something? M.U.G.E.N.! :D

ShinDangaioh
04-02-2009, 08:10 AM
My choice isn't there. He/it fought three HK-50's and won. Got the drop on HK-47. Took two heavy shots from an ion rifle and got back into the fight.

Although if R2-D2 is actually the rebuilt form of T3-M4.....

mikrex
06-12-2009, 07:57 AM
If it's a long distance fight HK might snipe him, If it's in a tight small spot Grievous would win.

Ibelin
06-12-2009, 12:24 PM
i didn't expect HK to have any vote when i read the thread name.
And i was obviously wrong. And i don't know why. :p

mattig89ch
06-12-2009, 02:07 PM
or
How's this sound? HK pretends to be a protocol droid to get near Grievous

then we see

HK-47 steping out of the shadows after something happened to rob greivous of this arms and legs.

And as he advances, blaster rifle in hand, HK-47 says something like "query: Are you all right, general? You seem to have suffered a series of flawlessly timed explosions.

Statement: You were very lucky to survive them...

Statement: But your luck has run out."

And then shoots grievous.

Its fun to quote yourself sometimes :).

kesselring357
06-12-2014, 11:11 PM
HK-47 is more advanced and is just the type of fighter to exploit GG. HK was made with star forge grade everything, and the people who made the star forge had control of the entire universe and died due to a virus that may of also been their work. his computer is stronger, his armor is better, and his strength is probably closer to GGs then you think, although i doubt HK is stronger. but at the end of the day HK has no major weaknesses and GG does. including organic parts. HK could get into his head and make GG not think and lure him into a trap. he is an assassain with attitude. GG is just a robot with lightsabers. which while deadly arent the superweapon people want them to be. HK has made shots at 120km thru a targets knee. likely to mock them before death. GG is no pushover of course, but his joints are also prone to breaking under blaster fire. which HK can target with a specialty sniper rifle at 120km. and within a mile can likely do it with any blaster. he has killed jedi only because he can plan. and because he plans he can kill GG. everyone here seems to think both of them are going to be dropped into a battlefield 40 feet away and thats not the case, GG is a general, and HK is an assassain. someone tells hk to kill GG, he goes finds his camp, takes out his legs and then takes him out. or sneaks on his ship pretending to be a protocol droid or trooper. and when GG isnt looking gets shot and dies like a bitch. never getting the chance to use his lightsabers. if they were put into some cage i have to say GG, but that wont happen. like i said
hk is made of better stuff. 4000 years later pales in comparison to a people who took over the universe with their tech. meaning HK is supirior and not as weak as youd think.

maltron66
06-20-2014, 02:47 AM
Well, my 2 favorite SW characters fighting? Oh snap...
As many have already said, it depends on the circumstances. If it's a close fight, Grievous rips HK to pieces. But if HK is 2km away from Grievous, he gets to snipe the hell out of him and win. And also, don't forget that they're pretty much equal in terms of tactics: HK is the master of surprise and stealth, but what the CIS managed to do, that being conquer half the galaxy, was the General's doing. And he did it with B1 BATTLE DROIDS!
Also, don't forget, Grievous isn't as stupid as some of you think. He saw through a plan Obi-Wan and Anakin had envisoned before they even got it to start! In other words, he'd be careful around any droid, even a disguised HK (Grievous wasn't a huge fan of droids, you know.)
Finally, HK's algorithms are 4000 old, but that grands him far more experience... but Grievous was a prodigy in lightsaber duels (he once defeated 2 Jedi Council members, 2 Jedi Knights, 2 Padawans and an ARC squad while dealing with a clone gunship AT THE SAME TIME. And he did it with 2 lightsabers only.)
All in all, it gets down to this: If it's close combat, it's Grievous;if it's from a distance, it's HK.

Darkblaze40
06-22-2014, 02:42 PM
hey guys lets not forget R2-D2 who would win against HK's and grievous you know that fella is quite small and got loads of tricks and that he would use to win against them

I would say that was ridiculous, but then again, T3 (who is basicly a less advanced R2) easily knocked HK out in KOTOR 2.