PDA

View Full Version : The Force Unleashed 2? Possible Spoliers

Nedak
10-03-2008, 02:00 PM
http://stars.ign.com/articles/909/909087p1.html

Ali1392
10-03-2008, 02:02 PM
i would prefer one with Bane or kun or an new jedi that fought in the battles of russan

LordOfTheFish
10-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Is that Maul?

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/909/909087/players-wanted-the-force-unleashed-2-

I would like to see another TFU, but Galen died.

Nedak
10-03-2008, 07:16 PM
The thing is TFU can still be expanded upon. The name allows it to be.

LordOfTheFish
10-03-2008, 10:37 PM
Hmm, true. I suppose there is a slight possibility.

Rabish Bini
10-04-2008, 06:40 AM
Hmm, true. I suppose there is a slight possibility.
HUGE possibility, slight probability ;)

I, personally, don't think it to be a good idea, gimme KotOR III damnit!!

Theone Thewayne
10-04-2008, 07:57 AM
I rather have a RepCom 2 / Imperial Commando than a TFU 2...

Hawwi Joshe
10-04-2008, 09:40 AM

I couldn't agree more, as long as it is single player based that is ;)

Qwerty Uiop
10-04-2008, 11:42 AM

I would rather have JK4.

GeneralPloKoon
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Unleashing the Force as Maul would be sweet! To play through the Maul books and such.

LordOfTheFish
10-04-2008, 02:47 PM

Agreed.

Lord Foley
10-05-2008, 10:29 PM
Force Unleashed 2 is most def going to happen eventually, just like KotOR III. I would hope that Force Unleashed 2 focuses on Maris Brood and leads right up to A New Hope. Otherwise, Maris Brood's inclusion in the game is basically like wtf?

MajinMikeyX
10-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Eh, I'd prefer a male character, but not the one they're suggesting in the article...I guess if they're desperate. That's just my opinion. And for sequels, I don't think they should only be limited to using the time in between episode 3 and 4. They could do other times as well, just not KotOR time, either within the prequel times or after the classic trilogy times would be good to me.

adamqd
10-06-2008, 04:35 AM
I Don't want it, I get so angry when the powers that be just dont listen. TFU should of been K3, it wasn't. TFU is NO KotOR, Luckily the TFU was just OK, so it didn't completely tarnish LA, but the game is far from compelling, the lack of customization, too short, the Gary Stu syndrome is through the roof, it's too big for it's boots. The Idea of over the top force powers has haunted me from day 1, I hope they don't think it's a good idea to continue this as a multi era/Character franchise like the "NJO unleashed", the "Old republic unleashed" etc. Just release the DLC so I can get my monies worth and close the book!

With this and the Clone wars powering the Lucas empire at the moment I'm beginning to think that George is surrounding himself with the wrong people

Darth Eclipse
10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
I think that TFU 2 would be awsome. But I think that Battlefront 3 and KOTOR III will come out first.

GeneralPloKoon
10-06-2008, 07:42 PM
TFU has sold much, which means LA will make a sequal, thats the only evidence they will probably use....and TFU 2 might be fan-ignored....not a surprise.

Lord Foley
10-06-2008, 07:45 PM
I Don't want it, I get so angry when the powers that be just dont listen. TFU should of been K3, it wasn't. TFU is NO KotOR, Luckily the TFU was just OK, so it didn't completely tarnish LA, but the game is far from compelling, the lack of customization, too short, the Gary Stu syndrome is through the roof, it's too big for it's boots. The Idea of over the top force powers has haunted me from day 1, I hope they don't think it's a good idea to continue this as a multi era/Character franchise like the "NJO unleashed", the "Old republic unleashed" etc. Just release the DLC so I can get my monies worth and close the book!

I don't know about the rest of you, but other than the shortness of the game, I think Force Unleashed fulfilled my expectations. I love it.

Rabish Bini
10-07-2008, 02:17 AM
I would rather have JK4.
BLASPHEMY!!

@Lord Foley: Fulfilled my expectations also, they werent all that high but it's a good game, just FAR too short

Hayden Kered
10-07-2008, 02:43 AM
I think the fact that TFU was so short is clear proof, IMO, that TFU2 will be made. Especially since LA came up with the "force unleashed" idea.

Endorenna
10-07-2008, 04:29 PM
(SPOILERS)

If they make a TFU2, I want it to be about Maris Brood. Even though SK squashed her in their little saber bout, she'd be a cool character to be, I think. She could stay behind the scenes, never part of the Rebellion, just watching them and helping them from afar. All through the game, she could be struggling with her inner darkness, trying to turn away from the Dark Side, like she told SK she would. Hopefully the dark side ending would be a little happier. She wouldn't look good at all in skin-grafted armor! And, hopefully, the Light Side ending would be happier as well.

And beside that, I want to use her lightsabers. :xp:

Lord Foley
10-07-2008, 09:34 PM
If they make a TFU2, I want it to be about Maris Brood.

That. I'm glad someone agrees. Plus, don't you think it's dumb that she was in the game for about three minutes total? She was totally useless to the plot. A follow up story centralized on her would make her presence in the game much more understandable.

SW01
10-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I agree that Maris Brood would make sense for a sequel - ready made light/dark conflict, and a decent though not overdeveloped backstory.

Hope they build up a few more RPG elements next time round. :)

Endorenna
10-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm glad someone agrees. Plus, don't you think it's dumb that she was in the game for about three minutes total? She was totally useless to the plot. A follow up story centralized on her would make her presence in the game much more understandable.

Yea, my thoughts exactly! Come on, she's supposed to be one of the six core characters, and she has far, far less less 'screen time' than any of the others! When I saw her run off, I thought "And there we have The Force Unleashed 2!"

Darth Eclipse
10-08-2008, 08:11 AM
I don't want to play as girl...

Justus
10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I would rather have JK4.

As would I.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Force Unleashed, don't mind the idea of playing a chick as long as the story is solid.

Zwier Zak
10-08-2008, 06:15 PM
TFU sucked Imo. I'd rather see JK4 annyday.

Ctrl Alt Del
10-09-2008, 02:16 PM
If there must be a TFU2, then Maris would probably be a natural choice for the role character, I agree. She lives for a reason, I believe.

Then don't. Can you tell me the problem that there's on doing so?

Darth Kalverys
10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Or maybe Anakin Solo, up to the point at which he dies. :D That would be fun!

Or maybe even Juno... like she gets trained during the Civil war, and is to Luke, as Mara Jade is to the Emperor. :)

GeneralPloKoon
10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I think Mara Jade would be great to see! She hasn't been in very many games.

Darth Eclipse
10-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I just don't want to play as a girl! You would be this wimpy little person! It doesn't matter what you say, that is MY oppinion.

SW01
10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I wouldn't mind playing as Maris Brood in a sequel if her story was properly developed - explaining how she came to be with Shaak-Ti, for example. I know it was outlined in character bios, but I think it would be better explained in-game.

It seems to me that she is very likely to be the focus of some project in the future - given that she appears twice in cutscenes on two different levels, and has a foreboding commentary from Bail Organa on his fears about her path, and could easily be seen as light or dark side. And, more than anything else, she seems completely enigmatic - no mention of her outside TFU.

Now if they would only get rid of the dozy 'nightstick'-style lightsabres...

(Actually, that seems to be yet more evidence for her return - a different-for-the-sake-of-it sabre style...:xp:)

Darth Kalverys
10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I just don't want to play as a girl! You would be this wimpy little person! It doesn't matter what you say, that is MY oppinion.

Dude... you obviously haven't been around to many chicks... most that I know, are willful, headstrong, and brave, and far from whimpy... especially during that time of month... :fist:

LordOfTheFish
10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey, I though Maris was pretty tough for a chick.

Endorenna
10-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Yea, really! Come on, she lives on a fungus planet full of flesh-eating diseases, rancors, and sarlaacs for what? twenty years or so? You have to be amazingly tough to survive in a place like that for several years. And look at her pet. Meanest, ugliest critter this side of Yuuzhan'tar...

Rabish Bini
10-10-2008, 05:14 AM
You're all blasphemers, those of you who want JK4 over KotOR 3, the JK series is one of the most overrated in gaming history.
A bit sexist, don't you think...? Care to explain why?

Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 09:19 AM
I like to play as men! Not a half-naked woman!

LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 09:26 AM
To bad there are no men left make to a TFU 2, with out altering the story.

Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 11:21 AM
They could make a new character. They did a lot of that with TFU 1.

LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 12:43 PM
That would take years to scope out.

Ctrl Alt Del
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
I like to play as men! Not a half-naked woman!

So you just prefer playing as a half-naked man. I understand - not.

LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Look at it this way. Would using her saber's not be enjoyable, and awesome.

DarthPhae
10-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Well I personally don't want to play as Maris in TFU2. NOT because she's a girl, but because her character just didn't really interest me that much. But... it still would be nice to have her in the game, maybe even join your team or whatever. But I really think I wouldn't enjoy playing as her.

SW01
10-10-2008, 03:14 PM
I still think she would be a good leading character in that her story after TFU is wide open - allowing the developers substantial freedom to develop the character.

A totally new character - maybe even a different era - would of course be good as well, so long as it is well executed, but I think it's fairly obvious that the developers have pegged Maris for a return.

And I hate those lightsabres!

Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes, the lightsabers ARE cool. I like them.

Ctrl Alt Del, why would you have to play as a half-naked man? I understand not. Think before you post!

SW01
10-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Ctrl Alt Del, why would you have to play as a half-naked man? I understand not. Think before you post!

I think Ctrl Alt Del means the Felucia costume. :xp:

Endorenna
10-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Not a half-naked woman!

That's what different costumes are for, so we don't have to play Felucia in the Jungle Training Gear. I'm sure if Maris is the character in TFU2, they'll make a costume where she isn't half-naked.

Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Then I wouldn't really have a problem if I wouldn't ever have to play as her in her half-naked costume. It's not that I have something against girls, I just don't like skimpily dressed ones.

LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Well I personally don't want to play as Maris in TFU2. NOT because she's a girl, but because her character just didn't really interest me that much. But... it still would be nice to have her in the game, maybe even join your team or whatever. But I really think I wouldn't enjoy playing as her.

Who else is there to turn to?

GeneralPloKoon
10-10-2008, 07:54 PM
I want Mara Jade! And i'm tired of the large array of male characters in Star Wars games, its time to change.

Endorenna
10-10-2008, 08:04 PM
It's not that I have something against girls, I just don't like skimpily dressed ones.

That I can definitely understand. :)

Darth Eclipse
10-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Thank you, Endorenna!!! FINALLY, somebody that has a mind!

DarthPhae
10-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Who else is there to turn to?

*Sigh* Well thats true... all the characters in TFU, besides Maris, you can't really use as a leading character in the secound game. But I bet LucasArts can come up with a complete new character thats more interesting than Maris.

LordOfTheFish
10-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, that's fine if you're willing to wait 5 years.

SW01
10-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Let's have Bail Organa as the hero then! Or Drunk Kota!:xp:

PS - I accept no responibility if LA actually does this...

Still think Maris is the obvious choice - I don't see how they could justify more Jedi Padawans. It's supposed to be near the time when Luke is last of the Jedi, but now we have Kota and Maris running around...

Rabish Bini
10-10-2008, 11:27 PM
It's not that I have something against girls, I just don't like skimpily dressed ones.
And you call yourself a man :xp:

That's a fairly stupid answer, unlike DarthPhae's answer, which makes sense

Endorenna
10-10-2008, 11:44 PM
And you call yourself a man :xp:

I certainly don't call myself a man, and I agree with him completely!

That's a fairly stupid answer, unlike DarthPhae's answer, which makes sense

I wouldn't say so...

MajinMikeyX
10-11-2008, 07:02 AM
C'MON! Does TFU2 HAVE to be in between Episode 3-4??? I'd love to see a TFU game with the main character being Luke or somebody in the times after the Battle of Endor. Maybe even Kyle Katarn, being the star of not only the Jedi Knight series, but now in an entry in the TFU series. How does that sound?

GeneralPloKoon
10-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Kyle Katarn wasn't a crazy force user......

Ctrl Alt Del
10-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Thank you, Endorenna!!! FINALLY, somebody that has a mind!

Yeah, because you were really clear on your previous posts.

SW01
10-11-2008, 10:44 AM
If they were to use another time period, hypothetically, I think old-Old Republic would work well - seeing we are repeatedly told in the likes of TSL that ancient Jedi and Sith were insanely powerful compared to those from the KotOR era forward.

Something like the apprentice of Marka Ragnos or Naga Sadow, or one of the Jedi - might even be a good game!

But, I'd rather have the thing within the next decade, so I'll settle for Maris Brood! :D

Ctrl Alt Del
10-11-2008, 11:02 AM
If they were to use another time period, hypothetically, I think old-Old Republic would work well - seeing we are repeatedly told in the likes of TSL that ancient Jedi and Sith were insanely powerful compared to those from the KotOR era forward.

A game about Celeste, from Vector? :xp:

Nah, I'm really against a game about most established characters from the saga, mostly because they already have a good portion of their stories told.

SW01
10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
Nah, I'm really against a game about most established characters from the sage, mostly because they already have a good portion of their stories told.

I certainly agree with you on that point. That's one of the reasons I think Maris Brood would work well, the character isn't overly developed.

DarthPhae
10-11-2008, 11:14 AM
C'MON! Does TFU2 HAVE to be in between Episode 3-4??? I'd love to see a TFU game with the main character being Luke or somebody in the times after the Battle of Endor. Maybe even Kyle Katarn, being the star of not only the Jedi Knight series, but now in an entry in the TFU series. How does that sound?

Well they could do Luke... maybe. They could show how he becomes the most powerful Jedi ever after Episode 6. Kyle Katarn though wouldn't work at all I would think. Because well Kyle Katarn didn't have these crazy force powers... unless... some how he gets them from the power of the Valley of the Jedi...

Endorenna
10-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Please! Not Luke! I hate Luke!

Besides that, I can't really imagine him with unleashed Force Powers. He always seemed a little wussy to me, I don't know why.

DarthPhae
10-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Please! Not Luke! I hate Luke!

Besides that, I can't really imagine him with unleashed Force Powers. He always seemed a little wussy to me, I don't know why.

Yeah I kind of have to agree with you. Luke is no where near my favorite jedi... But I just had to throw that idea out there.

Darth Eclipse
10-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Out of everything I could think of...I would most want a game that you play as either Darth Vader or Darth Maul in most of it at least.

Da_Man_2423
10-11-2008, 03:46 PM
Fix everything else first, then worry about who the player will be. I can just feel a mediocre sequel coming, and this one wasn't that amazing to begin with.

Rabish Bini
10-12-2008, 12:44 AM
I certainly don't call myself a man, and I agree with him completely!
Note the smilie at the end...
I wouldn't say so...
I would :xp:

RyuuKage
10-12-2008, 02:18 AM
I want Mara Jade! And i'm tired of the large array of male characters in Star Wars games, its time to change.

Hmm, I think playing an Emperor's Hand would be very fitting for a sequel...*hint hint LucasArts...*

Darth Eclipse
10-12-2008, 08:03 AM
I don't care if you would, Rabish Bini.

P.S. Where did you get your username from?!

Exile007
10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
I know what I'm hoping for is a long shot off, but here goes. :D

I would honestly like to see Darth Bane as the main player character, he is very strong in the force (and in real muscle). Plus, the books told a very interesting storyline for him, but since Drew just announced the 3rd book there isn't much chance of them adding anything plot-wise. :P

I'd just like to see a Force Unleashed game that took place before/after the Rise of the Empire/Clone Wars. They've milked it to freaking death. :(

Ctrl Alt Del
10-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Fix everything else first, then worry about who the player will be. I can just feel a mediocre sequel coming, and this one wasn't that amazing to begin with.

QFT.

Endorenna
10-12-2008, 11:38 AM
What does QFT mean??? :confused:

Ctrl Alt Del
10-12-2008, 11:50 AM
^Quoted for truth. ;)

Endorenna
10-12-2008, 12:26 PM
Thanks, Ctrl Alt Del. I've been trying to figure that one out for a long time. :)

JoeDoe 2.0
10-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I don't see where LA can make another kind of game like TFU fit in the SW time line (could be KOTOR era or older) but if they do, then hopefully it will have a nice story than sheds some answers to fan question or something along those lines

Lord Foley
10-14-2008, 10:41 AM
I agree it would be awesome to play as Mara Jade. If not, she must at least be in the sequel.

Rabish Bini
10-15-2008, 02:37 AM
I don't care if you would, Rabish Bini.

P.S. Where did you get your username from?!
The 12th Man, you yanks wouldn't understand, why you ask?

I agrre with the Mara Jade thing also.

LordOfTheFish
10-15-2008, 07:52 AM
Mara Jade? Maybe...

Darth Eclipse
10-15-2008, 08:36 AM
I am not a Yank. I have no clue why you think I am. If you are talking about sports, I don't care for watching them.

Endorenna
10-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Meh...I'd prefer to have Mara Jade only in multiplayer. Hmm, maybe Jaina could join her... :)

LordOfTheFish
10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
I would like to see her in something other than MP. Maybe not as the main character but more or less like Juno.

SW01
10-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I'd like to see many of the EU characters in any multiplayer mode - particularly from the later eras, like Roan Fel and the Imperial Knights, or Darth Krayt and Darth Talon.

I think a multiplayer, whether online or regular single console multiplayer, would be a welcome addition to the next-gen version. Given the backlash over the complete lack of one, I think the developers would be foolish to neglect to add one next time out.

Mara Jade might be a good candidate for a character in a sequel - though as said, not a main one. Mainly because she has a storyline already. I'd prefer a totally original one.

Endorenna
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Yea, that's the thing about Mara. If they were going to make a Yuzhaan Vong/Darth Caedus game, sure, but to get the full story, you'd have to keep switching from Luke to Mara to Leia to Jaina to Jacen to Anakin to...you get the idea. :)

Maris Brood's story isn't written yet, so I still think she's the best candidate for TFU 2.

LordOfTheFish
10-15-2008, 03:06 PM
EU characters in MP is a great idea. If only there was some assurance. The game has only been out for a little over a month, time will tell.

SW01
10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't count on a sequel for quite a while. LA's track record in that area isn't great (thinking of KotOR and TSL.) Maybe we'll get more in dlc, if the current one is successful.

MajinMikeyX
10-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Well, Mara Jade or Maris Brood weren't crazy force users...So I think Kyle Katarn could be a candidate or at least an unlockable skin. I think Luke would be good maybe for a story after ROTJ. Like TFU is Vader's "Dark Son"(Starkiller) and Luke is his son who is light. Idk, as long as it's NOT Maris, or Mara Jade. How would they be entertaining to play as anyways?....

Juno Eclipse
10-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Well, Mara Jade or Maris Brood weren't crazy force users...So I think Kyle Katarn could be a candidate or at least an unlockable skin. I think Luke would be good maybe for a story after ROTJ. Like TFU is Vader's "Dark Son"(Starkiller) and Luke is his son who is light. Idk, as long as it's NOT Maris, or Mara Jade. How would they be entertaining to play as anyways?....

Well with Maris we could see how her life was before and after.

For Mara Jade, the story would be like TFU, a dark side user that follows orders from a big baddie (palpatine) without leaving witnesses.

I think both are good candidates for a TFU2.:D

Pwnzor326
10-16-2008, 11:59 PM
I think old-Old Republic would work well - seeing we are repeatedly told in the likes of TSL that ancient Jedi and Sith were insanely powerful compared to those from the KotOR era forward.

I really like that idea you could have a videogame adaptation of the Tales of the Jedi comics and fight in the Great Sith War.

LordOfTheFish
10-17-2008, 01:50 PM
But why would you call that a TFU 2?

GwannaSauna
10-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Ooh! I know what the next game is gonna be! Your* gonna play as a very young Luke Skywalker, trying to trade w/ Jawas, defending the homestead from Tusken Raiders, and, well... doing what he did everyday between III and IV... unless TFU2 takes place after IV

*Excuse the grammar

SW01
10-18-2008, 04:36 PM
^

I wouldn't put it past LucasArts...(remembers Super Bombad Racing and shudders)

Who do you think we will start off working for? Presuming we start off directly after the events of TFU? Sith, Rebels or 'freelance'?

LordOfTheFish
10-18-2008, 04:48 PM
The next step in Lucas Arts games will probably dip into EU.

Henz
10-18-2008, 05:11 PM
A Yank is an American. So yes you are - a very confusable yank.

Ctrl Alt Del
10-18-2008, 05:40 PM
But why would you call that a TFU 2?It isn't the characters that make a TFU game. It can be just a game about bounty hunters bounty huntin', or bantha herders holding the line against tusken raiders, as long as the main character unleashes the Force with preposterous strenght and swings his melee weapon with an overly simplified combat system.

LordOfTheFish
10-18-2008, 08:55 PM
It isn't the characters that make a TFU game. It can be just a game about bounty hunters bounty huntin', or bantha herders holding the line against tusken raiders, as long as the main character unleashes the Force with preposterous strenght and swings his melee weapon with an overly simplified combat system.

Hmm, I guess you're right but I would hope it would have something to do TFU.

Henz
10-19-2008, 08:47 AM
I see Brood as a likely candidate for a sequel, but I honestly can't fathom how a second game could have the impact or importance that they got with TFU. I think they did a really good job of creating a story that fits the continuity nicely whilst still feeling epic.

SW01
10-19-2008, 09:27 AM
I see Brood as a likely candidate for a sequel, but I honestly can't fathom how a second game could have the impact or importance that they got with TFU. I think they did a really good job of creating a story that fits the continuity nicely whilst still feeling epic.

They probably won't get the same ground-breaking effect, but they can build on what they have by adding more features, more ambitious storylines, characters and powers, and make it longer now they know there is a market for it. Think of the difference between KotOR and TSL - both great games in their own right, but KotOR was the ground-breaker, the new thing. TSL took that base and built upon it, with slightly enhanced graphics more animations, items, etc, and would have had a greatly enhanced storyline had LA allowed Obsidian to finish it!

Hopefully, LucasArts will do the same this time round, use the original as a base and build upon it, but maybe finish it thi time around!:xp:

Henz
10-19-2008, 03:33 PM
They probably won't get the same ground-breaking effect, but they can build on what they have by adding more features, more ambitious storylines, characters and powers, and make it longer now they know there is a market for it. Think of the difference between KotOR and TSL - both great games in their own right, but KotOR was the ground-breaker, the new thing. TSL took that base and built upon it, with slightly enhanced graphics more animations, items, etc, and would have had a greatly enhanced storyline had LA allowed Obsidian to finish it!

Hopefully, LucasArts will do the same this time round, use the original as a base and build upon it, but maybe finish it thi time around!:xp:

Hmm... I'd love them to achieve the story enhancements that came with TSL, but the time setting would surely be far more restrictive for TFU 2. There's very little space between the end of the first game and Episode IV, the key villains have already been used, and the lingering Jedi survivors have been slaughtered.

We'll see though. I'm on board for another one, although I'd prefer KOTOR 3 if I was forced to choose.

SW01
10-19-2008, 06:50 PM
Hmm... I'd love them to achieve the story enhancements that came with TSL, but the time setting would surely be far more restrictive for TFU 2. There's very little space between the end of the first game and Episode IV, the key villains have already been used, and the lingering Jedi survivors have been slaughtered.

Yeah - I would say it'll be: 1) as discussed, focused on Maris Brood; and 2) set just after her encounter with Galen on Felucia, or just after being sent away by Shaak Ti - maybe that will even be the prologue. And, of course as you say, the villains are already set. Pity, imo (cause we know exactly who they are and how they act, and thus we know who we will fight at the end.)

We'll see though. I'm on board for another one, although I'd prefer KOTOR 3 if I was forced to choose.

But of course!:D

LordOfTheFish
10-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I'd prefer a RC2, but I guess I'm happy with anything LA comes out with...

SW01
10-21-2008, 11:27 AM
I have an idea! A serious one!:D

I think it would be great to play as Palpatine in his early training, seeing he is supposed to be an incredibly powerful force user and highly skilled duelist. And, as far as I am aware, his early history is not written.

It would be nice to see a game ending which is canonically Dark Side as well!:xp:

Endorenna
10-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Hmm...

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: A young Palpatine! Boy, what a gruesome sight!

Interesting idea. (I like the part about the canon Dark Side ending) It's possible...but I doubt that they'd do that when they have yet to resolve Maris Brood. Maybe for TFU 3?

Sidias.R
10-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Or maybe TFU 4?:xp:
I hope Kota will be as your Player Character in TFU 2, or maybe even TFU 3.

Jamps
10-21-2008, 04:13 PM
I kinda doubt the Kota or Maris would be the main character in the next game. I'm sure they'll have something to do with the plot though, got to tie in the Secret Apprentice somehow, right?

Da_Man_2423
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
I'm sure they'll have something to do with the plot though, got to tie in the Secret Apprentice somehow, right?

It doesn't HAVE to...LA can do whatever they want, it's their franchise.

Juno Eclipse
10-22-2008, 12:13 AM
They could make TFU 2 about Palpatine's master, Darth Plaguis! That would be an AWESOME game! Playing as a character who learned the secrets to stop others from dying!

SW01
10-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Plagueis would be good too. I don't think he has a history either...

I remember reading that he was originally being discussed to appear in TFU, but wasn't included for whatever reason. (Click (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis#The_Force_Unleashed))

GwannaSauna
10-31-2008, 09:37 PM
I hope Kota will be as your Player Character in TFU 2, or maybe even TFU 3.

Why do that when you can just enter MANDALORE as a cheat code and equip the green crystal to your lightsaber?

SW01
10-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Why do that when you can just enter MANDALORE as a cheat code and equip the green crystal to your lightsaber?

Meh. It's just not the same. He looks like Kota (or Drunk Kota - to each his own:xp:), but he still walks, talks, and fights like Starkiller.

But, unless we are to force sight our way through the game, or have it set way back in the Clone Wars (please no), it seems very highly unlikely. Maris still seems to me the most logical, but not necessarily the most desirable, choice for a (returning) PC character.

LordOfTheFish
10-31-2008, 10:32 PM
I'd rather see a brand spank'n new character, than Maris. I could settle for her though.

Shem
10-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Maris Brood's story isn't written yet, so I still think she's the best candidate for TFU 2.I would hope not with Maris. I didn't like her at all and her fighting style with those guard shoto type short lightsabers. I don't think she would sell as a character to play as if LucasArts wants to make money.

Here is what I think would make good playable characters in TFU II:

Luke Skywalker - After ROTJ - Anything could be possible with this one just by having some dark force rise and he has to put an end to it and other possibilities.

Darth Maul - Pre-TPM - Have him track down and kill Sidious' enemies and kill Jedi who would be witnesses. You could do so much with that and even have a similar beginning like with Starkiller on how Sidious discovered him. He could be the next secret apprentice type character. It's too bad that it is established that Sidious killed his master (Darth Plagueis) in his sleep as you could have actually seen it work out where Sidious and Maul gang up to defeat Plagueis as was set to try happen with Starkiller and Vader teaming up to dethrone Sidious. The end of the story of the game would be just before the events of TPM.

Darth Bane - Show how he rose to be a powerful Sith Lord and how he survived the Sith purge and establish the "Rule of Two."

Darth Vader - Have it start when he is first fitted with the outfit and how he had to learn to adjust to it; meaning how he learned to get more powerful while having his limitations while doing missions to hunt down and destroy Jedi.

A Totally New Character in the Old Republic Era - Just make up a new character that we can grow to love easily during the events of the Old Republic sometime away from the KOTOR era so it can stand alone.

Rabish Bini
11-01-2008, 01:34 AM
Or they can make a KotOR III, then everyone's happy :D

Shem
11-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Or they can make a KotOR III, then everyone's happy :DWell, that wouldn't be the department of the makers of TFU. I say why not both. ;)

Oh, and about my Darth Maul idea. One of the features for Maul is to be able to have the option to turn on one blade or both blades with his lightsaber and have situations where one will work better than the other and have him build up skills to use both styles. And instead of calling it The Force Unleashed II, call it The lightsaber Unleashed. :D

LordSerion
11-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Hmm... I'd definitely like a Force Unleashed 2 playing as Darth Revan, young Palpy or Plagueis!

SW01
11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I'd rather see a brand spank'n new character, than Maris.

I agree with you. A new character is muc more engaging than going along with an established, if even only partially, backstory. New characters also offer a far greater RPG element. With Maris, of course, a fighting skill, appearance, equipment, backstory and (basic) personality are all already established, so that element probably wouldn't be present.

As I said,

Maris still seems to me the most logical, but not necessarily the most desirable, choice.

TriggerGod
11-01-2008, 01:13 PM
I would hope not with Maris. I didn't like her at all and her fighting style with those guard shoto type short lightsabers. I don't think she would sell as a character to play as if LucasArts wants to make money.
QFT

Darth Maul - Pre-TPM - Have him track down and kill Sidious' enemies and kill Jedi who would be witnesses. You could do so much with that and even have a similar beginning like with Starkiller on how Sidious discovered him. He could be the next secret apprentice type character. It's too bad that it is established that Sidious killed his master (Darth Plagueis) in his sleep as you could have actually seen it work out where Sidious and Maul gang up to defeat Plagueis as was set to try happen with Starkiller and Vader teaming up to dethrone Sidious. The end of the story of the game would be just before the events of TPM.
Maybe the final fight would be against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.
As for the master ordeal, maybe Maul was plotting to overthrow his master.

Darth Bane - Show how he rose to be a powerful Sith Lord and how he survived the Sith purge and establish the "Rule of Two."
Yeah. We want to see more of Lehon and Revan!

Capisdead
01-03-2009, 02:17 AM
If Lucasarts wants a quick turnaround with force Unleashed 2 then they can go with Maris Brood.

My feeling is that Lucasarts is gonna explore other stories and game concepts first before they to TFU 2.

An interesting idea will be dlc though as I can see maris brood also be the main character in DLC missions and then Lucasarts can possibly use the dlc to set up the main character in TFU 2.

Shem
01-03-2009, 05:38 AM
If Lucasarts wants a quick turnaround with force Unleashed 2 then they can go with Maris Brood.I'm just telling you that using Maris Brood as a main character will not sell that well for a sequel game.

LordOfTheFish
01-03-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm just telling you that using Maris Brood as a main character will not sell that well for a sequel game.

Agreed. I don't remember there being enough about her to intrigue me, even the slightest bit. Yet, I still wish for a TFU2, even if Maris is the main character.

Capisdead
01-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm just telling you that using Maris Brood as a main character will not sell that well for a sequel game.

Shem, I completely agree with you about the idea there are better characters for a full fledged sequel and that the only way she works is if Lucas wants to make a new game real quick.

If people want Maris though I think a better place for her would just be as a character in DLC missions, and then through the DLC one can introduce new characters for Force Unleashed 2.

As for Vader and Darth Maul I think Lucasarts would rather tell new stories with new characters instead of using older, more established characters.

Shem
01-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Shem, I completely agree with you about the idea there are better characters for a full fledged sequel and that the only way she works is if Lucas wants to make a new game real quick.Rushing a new game is never a good idea... oh, never mind. Some companies never learn.

DarthYuugi
01-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Rushing a new game is never a good idea... oh, never mind. Some companies never learn.

Too true :xp:

Anyways
Maris : Definate no as i wouldent buy TFU 2 If she was the main character as there was just nothing to like about her

Darth maul : Dont think its fitting in with the actual game

Vader : I Actually think shems idea was a good one on this

My idea

A:they continue off the Dark side ending where starkiller in the suit hunts down Jedi for sidious

B: The obvious choice making a new character

GeneralPloKoon
01-03-2009, 11:59 PM
I'd like if TFU become not a storyline but a game template, as in create TFU: Darth Maul, containing his story with the TFU gameplay and so on with other characters like Exar Kun,Darth Bane,Plo Koon, etc.

Capisdead
01-04-2009, 02:56 AM
Rushing a new game is never a good idea... oh, never mind. Some companies never learn.

Touche there Shem:D

LordOfTheFish
01-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Why not take a step back and make a prequel to TFU, about Starkiller's training, and childhood?

DarthYuugi
01-07-2009, 11:25 AM
I Really think making it where its following off the Dark Side TFU Where Starkiller is in the armour would be one of the better idea's but of course evreyone has opinions ;)

Crush1800
04-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I would love to see a sequel, but how wuld they do it? with the sithstalker? That was the dark side but what would be the lightside possibility?

Crush1800
04-26-2009, 12:18 PM
They could even make a sequel with one of the rebel leaders as the main character and leave the sithstalker in there as well.

TKA-001
04-26-2009, 02:18 PM
TFU doesn't need a "Force Unleashed 2". The closest it should get is a spiritual sequel, that is, what the Episode III game was to Jedi Power Battles.

Galen's story has more or less been told and ended. He's dead, and they can't show him doing anything majorly important prior to the events of the first game without watering down said first game, so we don't need to see him again; neither a sequel nor a prequel with him as the main character would work. Galen's story turned out a lot better than it could have been; quit while you're ahead.

Maris Brood doesn't need to be heard from again either, since she was easily the weakest character in the game.

Juno Eclipse doesn't need to be seen again, unless it's her and her ship getting shot down and blown to subatomic particles by Maarek Stele (the player character of TIE Fighter), or a Star Destroyer, better yet.

Kota's fate needs to be addressed directly. This Jedi was a member of the Rebel Alliance, and he survived through the events of TFU. If this Jedi lived to hear of the Battle of Yavin, why did he never meet Luke Skywalker? His death needs to be concretely established as occurring before ANH, but this doesn't necessarily require him to be in a sequel to TFU.

If there's going to be another TFU-esque game, make it unrelated to the story of the first game. Make a Vader game, or better yet, a game where you play as Jerec. Set set it sometime in the Old Republic era (there's three wars that would make good storyline material in there), or during the Clone Wars, or even post-ROTJ, as long as it doesn't go near the era of the "Legacy" comics.

In short, a TFU 2 isn't needed. A game that resembles TFU in gameplay, perhaps.

Saber-Scorpion
04-28-2009, 11:55 AM
From what i first heard about the game was meant to give you an insight on Vader and how the rebel allience was created

spartan181
04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
If there is a sequel, I hope it takes longer to beat. I'd like to see a game with Ben Skywalker in it.

GalenMarek
05-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I'd like to play in the Old Republic, maybe in the "True Sith Order"(?:D). a freakin' evil sith(becouse the jedis have there own limits) and a really dark story:)

Lord of Hunger
05-19-2009, 10:02 PM
IMO another TFU would be pointless, and LucasArts really needs to get the **** out of the Movie era setting. It's a ship with a sinking popularity, it's been explored to death, and no one is interested. KOTOR, TSL, TOR...all of this is the future of Star Wars. No one is interested in the EVIL EMPIRE and the GOOD REBELS fighting anymore, they want multidimensional storyline. KOTOR and TSL have been the first to do this, and although TOR has heavy dual factionalism there is still a degree of self-determinism and "greyness" not present in Clone Wars-on. The idea of letting the fans create their own saga is the best idea that LucasArts has had yet. Also, I am sick to god of False Sith (Brotherhood of the Sith, New Sith Empire, Brotherhood of Darkness, Order of the Sith Lords, Lumia's Sith, even the One Sith). It's time that the True Sith, the Dark Siders with really power, get their turn. I want to find out if Ludo Kreesh is actually the Sith Emperor, to see the True Sith Troopers grin the Republic into submission, to join the Sith Lords in their quest to assert dominance.

Come on LucasArts, you finally have a good idea...now hand it to us, please!

WraithPrince
05-20-2009, 07:52 AM
I'd enjoy if they made something like a Jedi outcast remake only with TFU engine. And people can't say it don't make sense Kyle absorbs the energy of hundereds of jedi in the Valley and so do the reborns so that means the boss's and enemys being a bit unleashed would have a backstory.

Blix
05-20-2009, 03:23 PM
So would this one be a prequel to the previous TFU?

WraithPrince
05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Not related, people have been saying a prequel and sequel would make no sense since the end game kinda shows that Starkiller... won't be moving anytime soon.

Jedi Outcast was a game of the Jedi knights series which people calll the original TFU so to give that game a go with the tfu engine would be a good move.

purgatori
06-07-2009, 08:49 AM
I'd love a sequel with Maris Brood. Unlike some here, I found her to be the most compelling character in TFU.

FoolInTheWave
06-07-2009, 09:16 AM
No more TFU. JK4 now.

Its been 5, almost 6 years since Academy came out. :disaprove

WraithPrince
06-07-2009, 01:16 PM
I'd love a sequel with Maris Brood. Unlike some here, I found her to be the most compelling character in TFU.

How did you get a compelled feeling out of a character who had 4 maybe 5 lines?

Shem
06-07-2009, 02:36 PM
No more TFU.
What we need is another game with its game engine. That would be fun! :D

JK4 now.

Its been 5, almost 6 years since Academy came out. :disaprove
Not necessary!

spartan181
06-08-2009, 11:34 AM
So would this one be a prequel to the previous TFU?

That'd be a good idea. I'm gonna explode with excitement if there is a prequel. :explode:

GalenMarek
06-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Galen's body weren't gone...why??

WraithPrince
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
That'd be a good idea. I'm gonna explode with excitement if there is a prequel. :explode:

How would there be a prequel? Galen would'nt exist and nothing very interesting about Vader really happened either.

spartan181
06-09-2009, 10:50 AM
How would there be a prequel? Galen would'nt exist and nothing very interesting about Vader really happened either.

I didn't think about that, well maybe it could be, uhhh. Aww man....

mikrex
06-22-2009, 03:00 AM
What about if they use this engine, and make it Revan and the Exile go and get it on with " the true Sith" ? Revan would have even more powerful force powers?

WraithPrince
06-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Why must everyone think Revan was some kind of god? Only thing we know is he was a good stratagist, And don't say the think Kreia said " looki9ng at revan was like looking at the heart of the force" Because almost ever other line she said was a lie or half lie. Exile would make sense also with the part where when he kills people he gets stronger.

Hunted
06-22-2009, 11:43 AM
I think TFU2 is almost inevitable. The first game was a ton of fun just to play around with the physics. I'd like to see them develop the story a bit more though and make it less linear.

WraithPrince
06-22-2009, 04:29 PM
If they could find a way to fit more play time into the game like atleast 10 hours and maybe a bit of replay value then it could make them alot of money but since they got TOR on as their main project might be a year or so till they make a TFU sequel or w/e they decide.

Darth Zavier
06-22-2009, 06:57 PM
And also the MI and ES are their main titles to focus on this year, so yes, keep an eye out for TFU2 next year.

urluckyday
06-23-2009, 11:04 PM
If they could find a way to make the gameplay and enemies a little less frustrating on difficult settings...then they should make a 2nd one...

joesdomain
06-23-2009, 11:32 PM
I loved The Force Unleashed game. The story, music, graphics andsound were great. The game was too short I agree. Maris Brood and Shak Ti are hot. Too bad Shak Ti died. She was my 2nd favorite jedi in theprequel. #1 would of been Aayla Secura. I wish they would just release Star Wars Battlefront III. I have been waiting for 4 years. These two Battlefront spin-offs on handheld were just plain terrible.

Ultimate Vader
06-24-2009, 12:16 AM

Couldn't have said it better. Agreed.

Darth Eclipse
06-29-2009, 04:01 PM
What we need is another game with its game engine. That would be fun! :D

Not necessary!

We need another JK.

Deadshot#1
06-30-2009, 11:36 AM
Do any of you guys really think that there will be a force unleashed 2?

Da_Man_2423
06-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Do any of you guys really think that there will be a force unleashed 2?

According to VGChartz, the game sold about 6.6 million copies across all released platforms, but it didn't really get the greatest of reviews. Anything to make more $$$ is all that matters, though.

If it's just gonna be the same thing with a different storyline and 2 new outfits, I won't bother with it. I guess I'm just addicted to the whole RPG thing of being able to play through multiple times and having different experiences, but honestly, this game was only worth playing through once, and it wasn't exactly long.

Darth_Yuthura
06-30-2009, 10:35 PM
I'd be for a new game with the same engine, but different story line, characters, plot, and just something original that builds upon the traits of TFU. You obviously can't revive Starkiller and pretend you have a sequel.

mattig89ch
07-02-2009, 11:09 AM
and hopefully a longer story. Just picked it up for the Wii, and I was very disapointed at the rush job. I'm hoping its better for the PS3 and the 360

Rabish Bini
07-05-2009, 11:50 PM
If I were Lucas I'd tell everyone to ignore the whole TFU series, pretend it never existed, and focus on a KotOR III, or at the very least a new Battlefront.

GalenMarek
07-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Maybe Darth Plagueis? He was cancelled in the Force Unleashed...so pehapse the LucasArts have a plan about him

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Plagueis

joesdomain
07-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Bring back Star Wars Battlefront for PS3. Brand new and focus on the #1 and #2 selling Star Wars games of all time. Star Wars Battlefront I and II were the top two star wars video games.

Rabish Bini
07-15-2009, 03:09 AM
^Repeat what you just said and replace Battlefront I and II with KotOR I and II and I'll agree with oyu.

LordOfTheFish
07-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Change it to Republic Commando 2 and I'll call your post poems of beauty!

WraithPrince
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Gotta love posts about other games when this Catagory is about only TFU...

Deadshot#1
07-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Well then lets stay on track then. ok think, what could they make TFU2 about? BESIDES Darth Plagueis, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about him.

Rabish Bini
07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
Gotta love posts about other games when this Catagory is about only TFU...
Only because TFU doesn't deserve it's place next to the aforementioned games.

WraithPrince
07-17-2009, 09:47 AM
So your talking in the TFU forum even though you don't like or support it? >_> stange way to spend you time.

Rabish Bini
07-18-2009, 05:36 AM
So your talking in the TFU forum even though you don't like or support it? >_> stange way to spend you time.
I'm not saying I didn't enjoy TFU, just that it doesn't deserve a spot next to the aforementioned games, that's all.

TheChosen0ne
08-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I say it does! It's just about (and probably is) The best game I have Played! :thmbup1:

Agincourt
08-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Well I don't know whether to support a TFU 2, but it would make sense to use the same game engine as for the last game and just make something else completely. They spent so much to make the game, so why not just take onto what already exists and create something new with it?

purifier
08-23-2009, 02:28 AM
I'd would just love to see it and play it. Enough said.

Theone Thewayne
09-09-2009, 06:14 PM
What is there to tell in a TFU sequel > nothing!
What is there to tell in a RC sequel > Sev's fate, Imperial Commandos

Truenerd2814
12-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Anybody who got a chance to catch the 2009 Spide VGA got to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_kkJRNbf0

It seems that TFU2 is going to happen in 2009. It seems that Galen Merek is still the main character, even though I don't completely understand how he survived. We know it doesn't follow the dark side ending, because that did an even bigger job of dumping on continuity (intentionally, understood, enjoyable) then the games existence period. My guess is that it follows the light side ending, even though we witness a dead Starkiller at the end of that. Now Vader faked Galen's death once in the first, it is possible that they could do it again, but I don't know. The trailer looks as though it's going to be the same exact thing as the first one, except we might get to see some Yoda.

I agree with the votes for Battlefront III. It would have so much potential on a next gen system. I think that Battlefront: Elite Squadron would go over really well on the 360 or PS3. I've yet to play RC or KOTOR, but what I've heard of KOTOR, the Sith in that game seem just as overpowered as Starkiller. I, personally, don't believe that beefing up somethings power is how you should go about making a good game. But it looks like we're getting a sequel anyway.

rWc//Gordonius
12-17-2009, 09:43 AM
I say it does! It's just about (and probably is) The best game I have Played! :thmbup1:

clearly you've never played the KOTOR series or the JK series.
I am happy with an mmo instead of KOTOR III, but instead of
TFU2 they should be putting their money towards a new JK with
the TFU engine.

Alexrd
12-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Anybody who got a chance to catch the 2009 Spide VGA got to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xs_kkJRNbf0

It seems that TFU2 is going to happen in 2009.

No. It clearly says 2010. And you come a bit late.

clearly you've never played the KOTOR series or the JK series.

Indeed.

Shem
12-17-2009, 10:28 AM
but instead of
TFU2 they should be putting their money towards a new JK with
the TFU engine.How you would like it if LucasArts announced that they are making another JK game and all of a sudden TFU fans kept coming there saying that was a stupid thing to do as they should be making another TFU game? :rolleyes:

Truenerd2814
12-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Oops. Sorry about that. Meant to say 2010. My apologies. Either way. Sequel is gonna' happen and it's still Galen Merek . . . somehow.

ImprezaFreak
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
LA needs to (re)start making games for the PC. The JK and Battlefront series blows TFU out of the water. I couldn't fully enjoy TFU because the port to PC was so crappy.

Willemoes
12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
LA needs to (re)start making games for the PC. The JK and Battlefront series blows TFU out of the water. I couldn't fully enjoy TFU because the port to PC was so crappy.

I fully agree. I can't play it because it is not optimized, it hasn't THE graphics so i don't understand why the didn't take a few moments to do it better.

About TFU2 i think there are a lot of possibilities, like some sith's make some of their magic and they bring him back to life, or he wasn't dead at all in the first part, and probably in the second part we will have to make something more focused on Galen's life, and may then he leves the galaxy and goes to find Revan's ship (?) for the 7th, 8th and 9th films (?).

Sorry if it doesn't understand, English is not my language :p

Vader4Prez
12-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Reading some of these comments made me a true believer that there is a zero attention span in the fanboy universe. TFU 2. What in LA's history would get anyone to think there is anyway that it would not be about Galen? I read many good ideas for games I would play from u guys, but lets be honest, fanboys don't drive the gaming economy. LA will try to make a game that appeals to more than just hardcore fans, otherwise its going bankrupt. It has to be multi platform and since online multiplay rules the marketplace, there has to be a reason to play this "franchise" again. Getting to continue playing a hero that "died" is good for business cuz i know I wasn't too happy dying as a good guy. The all Sith based games suggested, never gonna happen. Most casual gamers like to play as good or at least have a choice, so that's out the window 4 sure.

TriggerGod
12-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Reading some of these comments made me a true believer that there is a zero attention span in the fanboy universe.

i stopped reading after this.

Riddle me this; if we're fanboys, than why do we chastise most of LA's movements in the past 5 years?

And most of us don't like TFU2 because most of us didn't like the first TFU.

Zerimar Nyliram
12-24-2009, 02:06 PM
You can't make a judgment like that with such certainty. I think the majority of the people who didn't like the first one were the people who had this inflated perception of it in their heads before it came out and expected too much from it. Naturally, they would have been disappointed by the story and characters. Others of us weren't expecting some spectacularly epic adventure and just expected a really fun game, which is exactly what we got.

This isn't entirely the fans' faults, really. After all, LucasArts did play it up quite a bit, advertising it as the next colossal installment in the Star Wars Saga, acting like it was the game that surpassed all other games in importance and was right up there with the movies themselves. But then again, that's how marketing works.

In summary, I think both the fanboys and the haters are a little ridiculous. This game was fun to play, has great replay value in my opinion (mainly in the way of Force powers and combat mechanics carrying over into new games), and is a true classic. Maintain realistic expectations and I think you'll agree.

Zwier Zak
12-24-2009, 04:34 PM
How you would like it if LucasArts announced that they are making another JK game and all of a sudden TFU fans kept coming there saying that was a stupid thing to do as they should be making another TFU game? :rolleyes:

There's no such thing as TFU fans. Just people who enjoyed it. They'd forget about TFU the second they'd see a JK4 trailer.

Harkonnen07
12-24-2009, 10:04 PM
There's no such thing as TFU fans. Just people who enjoyed it. They'd forget about TFU the second they'd see a JK4 trailer.

Not me I really enjoyed TFU and consider one of best Star Wars games out.

Vader4Prez
12-24-2009, 11:59 PM

I can't totally agree with that. I am def a TFU fan, but JK4 would rock. Honestly tho LA needs to make a multi platform game with online multi player to make some money to spend on the less popular game types that we want. Battlefront 3 with multiplayer maps anyone?

Zwier Zak
12-25-2009, 05:54 AM
Not me I really enjoyed TFU and consider one of best Star Wars games out.

Really? :raise: My bad then... but really?::

Zerimar Nyliram
12-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Yeah, speak for yourselves, haters.

And dammit, it'll be JK3, not 4!

TKA-001
12-25-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm a fan of TFU, but only because of the novel; I've never played the game. What does that make me?

Zwier Zak
12-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah, speak for yourselves, haters.

And dammit, it'll be JK3, not 4!

I'm not a hater. I was I'll admit that but not since it's out for PC. I've seen people say they hate it and I've seen them say It's ok but never that it's one of LA best. And JA was called JK3 before it got the full name so it's JK4.

Scoundrel1978
12-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I've got to get that book! I loved TFU, Galen Marek is one of Star Wars most interesting characters imho.... I can't wait for TFUII (I hope the story is as good as the TFU's)

Zerimar Nyliram
12-27-2009, 03:07 PM
And JA was called JK3 before it got the full name so it's JK4.

It was? I never heard that. Well, I still consider it a spin-off rather than a proper sequel because 1. it has no number in its title, 2. Kyle Katarn is not the star, 3. the main character, Jaden Korr, is awful and I can't believe he's getting his own novel, and 4. the story was half-assed and crap. I still like it though, mainly because of the gameplay, but I refuse to accept it as a true follow-up to Jedi Outcast. It's just like Mysteries of the Sith, really, except that it is a proper stand-alone game rather than an expansion.

So yeah, death to Jaden! Give me a good follow-up to Jedi Outcast where Kyle is the star!

Oh, and um, yeah, how about that TFU2, huh?

Zwier Zak
12-27-2009, 06:27 PM
It was? I never heard that. Well, I still consider it a spin-off rather than a proper sequel because 1. it has no number in its title, 2. Kyle Katarn is not the star, 3. the main character, Jaden Korr, is awful and I can't believe he's getting his own novel, and 4. the story was half-assed and crap. I still like it though, mainly because of the gameplay, but I refuse to accept it as a true follow-up to Jedi Outcast. It's just like Mysteries of the Sith, really, except that it is a proper stand-alone game rather than an expansion.

So yeah, death to Jaden! Give me a good follow-up to Jedi Outcast where Kyle is the star!

Oh, and um, yeah, how about that TFU2, huh?

I agree with you on all of those points. It's a spin off for me as well more than it is JK3 but that's what it was called before they titled it "Academy". Besides I wouldn't care about if it's 3 or 4. I just want it to happen.

But... here we go... FU2:raise:

mstr kenobi
12-28-2009, 01:17 PM
You can't make a judgment like that with such certainty. I think the majority of the people who didn't like the first one were the people who had this inflated perception of it in their heads before it came out and expected too much from it. Naturally, they would have been disappointed by the story and characters. Others of us weren't expecting some spectacularly epic adventure and just expected a really fun game, which is exactly what we got.

Sorry but no,people have been feeding me this bs that "the game is actually (very)good you just expected too much of it" for ages now.

First of all i'm suppoused to expect great,innovative,enthralling from the games i buy
TFU however was flat and flawed,the combat was as deep as a spoon the and the boss fights were either meh or f... annoying

that does not spell good in my book

Rake
12-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Sorry but no,people have been feeding me this bs that "the game is actually (very)good you just expected too much of it" for ages now.

First of all i'm suppoused to expect great,innovative,enthralling from the games i buy
TFU however was flat and flawed,the combat was as deep as a spoon the and the boss fights were either meh or f... annoying

that does not spell good in my book

I thought the boss fights were rather fun, but I agree the gameplay had little depth and got repetitive very quickly. Part of the reason I didn't enjoy the gameplay was that for most of the game you weren't fighting interesting or challenging opponents (no I'm not playing on Sith Master), beating up on stormtroopers and rebel troopers for 6 hours gets stale.

I'm hoping in TF2 they add some cool enemies that can be considered mini bosses (and are encountered quite frequently), perhaps jedi and dark jedi, skilled bounty hunters, and some more interesting vehicles/creatures. Assassin's creed 1 sucked major balls (to me), yet AC2 felt leaps and bounds better, here's to hoping LA can mimic Ubisoft in that respect.

Tobias Reiper
12-29-2009, 01:56 AM
How you would like it if LucasArts announced that they are making another JK game and all of a sudden TFU fans kept coming there saying that was a stupid thing to do as they should be making another TFU game? :rolleyes:

Yea but...well they...It's just that...
Um...
NO U!

LordOfTheFish
12-29-2009, 11:07 AM
I thought the boss fights were rather fun, but I agree the gameplay had little depth and got repetitive very quickly. Part of the reason I didn't enjoy the gameplay was that for most of the game you weren't fighting interesting or challenging opponents (no I'm not playing on Sith Master), beating up on stormtroopers and rebel troopers for 6 hours gets stale.

I'm hoping in TF2 they add some cool enemies that can be considered mini bosses (and are encountered quite frequently), perhaps jedi and dark jedi, skilled bounty hunters, and some more interesting vehicles/creatures. Assassin's creed 1 sucked major balls (to me), yet AC2 felt leaps and bounds better, here's to hoping LA can mimic Ubisoft in that respect.

I rather enjoyed the boss fights also. They were a few of the more fun parts to the game. With that said however, there wasn't much difficulty or skill require to beat them, excluding the emperor. I thought he was the most difficult part of the game.

mstr kenobi
12-29-2009, 12:32 PM
to each his own,but,as you guys said i never felt "in danger" in this game,and i rather have a straight fight than "now i'm invincible for a few seconds,so step away"

not to mention,it was button mashing,finding a combo that makes them tick,do it over and over again...

i'm fine with waves of stormies,i mean that's to be expected,i'm not fine with them standing there for the slaughter,come on,they fire a single slow moving shot once in five seconds... it's like they give up when they see starkiller heading there way

Zwier Zak
12-29-2009, 01:16 PM
to each his own,but,as you guys said i never felt "in danger" in this game,and i rather have a straight fight than "now i'm invincible for a few seconds,so step away"

not to mention,it was button mashing,finding a combo that makes them tick,do it over and over again...

i'm fine with waves of stormies,i mean that's to be expected,i'm not fine with them standing there for the slaughter,come on,they fire a single slow moving shot once in five seconds... it's like they give up when they see starkiller heading there way
Yet Jawas seem to know no fear ::

mstr kenobi
12-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Yet Jawas seem to know no fear ::

I love Jawas,i go out my way to sith punt every single one of them lol

Look, you found redeeming feature :thmbup1:

Truenerd2814
01-02-2010, 05:06 PM
The game play was very repetitive, the bosses were mediocre (with exception to the PSP release) and the story was the same tale of redemption I've been hearing since 3rd grade. And let's not forget that the shear existence of Galen is a total bastardization of the rule of two. I would think that Palpy would have done something himself as soon as he saw this happening, weather it be killing the conflicted Galen or the one who broke the rule (Vader).

Zerimar Nyliram
01-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Grrrr! God, I am so sick of people saying this! Galen is not a Sith! He's a freaking Dark Jedi! :mad: There have been tons of them throughout the Expanded Universe! If he were a Sith, he'd be Darth Something-or-other.

Vader and Palpatine have had many Dark Jedi operatives. In fact, Galen isn't even the one that comes closest to breaking the Rule of Two. Vader's later apprentice, Lumiya was a self-proclaimed "Dark Lady of the Sith," though she'd never actually been officially inducted into the Sith Order. And I'll tell you what actually does break the Rule of Two: the recently revealed "lost tribe of the Sith." But that's another discussion.

To summarize: Galen is not in any way, shape or form, a Sith (except in the non-canon bonus missions to Tatooine and Hoth, where he is Vader's replacement, Darth Starkiller), and does not damage the Rule of Two whatsoever. In fact, he fits into it perfectly: the apprentice chooses someone to help him overthrow his master, and in turn becomes the new Sith apprentice once the former apprentice is now the master. We see Vader making this very proposal to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back.

Not to mention how closely George Lucas himself oversaw The Force Unleashed when it was in development. He definitely would not have okayed anything that broke any fundamental Star Wars rules like that.

[Edit] Sorry for being so snappy, I just get very annoyed at hearing the same amateur arguments over and over again.

Alexrd
01-08-2010, 06:55 PM
Just to say that this is a pretty cool picture:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/59/Galen_dual.png

Similar to Ezio's promotional shot for Assassin's Creed II.

JediSithLordAdas
01-09-2010, 12:11 AM
actually that is something i did notice with Assassins Creed Games when they bought it out, is that the characters did look very similar to TFUs Secret Apprentice, an makes you wonder where they got the idea of there set platform of gaming

JediSithLordAdas
01-09-2010, 12:40 AM
Just thought of another person who reminded me of the Secret Apprentice in there Game...
Alex Mercer from Prototype, they all looked similar in appearance also using the hood as there covering.

Zerimar Nyliram
01-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Well, a fully robed and hooded character isn't exactly a spanking new idea . . .

ian762
01-21-2010, 02:48 PM
first off- when I first read about TFU I was under the impression it was going to be more like KOTOR except non-turn based fighting. KOTOR I & II storyline was awes and the new game engines sounded rad. So I was pumped, TFU was cool but I was disappointed with its linearity, ya you can choose light or dark but no real difference is in the story line, and it lacked the customization of KOTOR. I'm not big on turn based fighting, but enjoy the story of RPG's. I recently discovered Mass Effect it does just that, RPG with non-turn based fighting and it rox. If Lucas really wants a good game give us the engines of TFU and the story of a KOTOR game. So why not get back with bioware (they made KOTOR and ME games) and make it! Also not to talk about ME(mass effect) again but, the way the incorporate story lines between the games, (i.e. kill someone in the first, they're still dead in the sequel), seems (ME2 not out until 26th) like it will be awes and add tons of replay, especially if you have both games (3rd one on the way also). So a sequel to this could have the dude from TFU going into deep space to find the true sith lords and go from there, it’s a blank slate, and who doesn’t want some info on what happened to the true sith, it would rock.

adamqd
01-21-2010, 03:35 PM
The lost tribe of the Sith don't break the rule of two, the Rule of two was Darth Bane's Order, an offshoot of the Brotherhood of darkness, itself an offshoot of an offshoot... the Lost tribe of the Sith are direct descendent's of Naga Sadow's Sith, the True Sith Empire... but as you say, thats another discussion :)

Sunstalker
02-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Combine the depth of saber style and the danger of JO and JA with the actual choice and detail of KoTOR and the Dynamic and extraordinary interpretation of force powers in FU. What you have is a non turn based Star Wars game with extraordinary powers, realism of death by saber mixed matched battles do to saber styles and type of saber, true detail and differance...Maybe AI factionism like mandalorian, empire/sith, jedi/republic coupled with light and darkside force choices for real individual multiple outcome game play. And like in KoTOR don't be scared to expose players to in depth lore and choices lke Jedi enclave and Korriban trials etc etc. Perfect game .....replay FOREVER!!!

Ztalker
02-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Combine the depth of saber style and the danger of JO and JA with the actual choice and detail of KoTOR and the Dynamic and extraordinary interpretation of force powers in FU. What you have is a non turn based Star Wars game with extraordinary powers, realism of death by saber mixed matched battles do to saber styles and type of saber, true detail and differance...Maybe AI factionism like mandalorian, empire/sith, jedi/republic coupled with light and darkside force choices for real individual multiple outcome game play. And like in KoTOR don't be scared to expose players to in depth lore and choices lke Jedi enclave and Korriban trials etc etc. Perfect game .....replay FOREVER!!!

But that would mean listening to the fans. And Lucasarts doesn't know how that works...

darth trayad 153
02-05-2010, 09:03 PM
A plot i thought of for TFU 3 is sk meets outcasts delta squad who did not betray the jedi and sk leads the outcasts of the clone army against the empire thats all I could think of

Disturbed30
03-03-2010, 10:31 AM
TFU 2 Cant wait hopefully longer than the 1st one and hopefully have jedi robes instead of stupid outfits.
Why couldn't they made Galen have robes like Maul or Obi Wan it's got me baffled got Sith Edition of TFU and still no robes for Galen closest thing is his spirit form.

Anyone else think that Lucas Prequel's (Ep 1,2,3) were CRAP only good things about em were Maul and the sabre fight between Obi and Anakin in Revenge of the Sith.
Maul should of lived until Revenge of the Sith and then replaced by Vader/Anakin and wtf was with the droids ROGER ROGER?
Should of been assassin droids like HK from KOTOR and Count Dooku pfffft... does he change into a bat and despise garlic and dont get me f**ken started about General Greivous lame.
Casting was good, effects were great, story was piss poor and had none of the qualities of the original trilogy.
Maul was one of the coolest villains ever but gets pawned by a padawan Obi Wan when he should of got pawned by Anakin in Revenge of the Sith.

There should of been terrorism acts on the Jedi.

Bombs, Ambushes and having Maul and Jango finishing them off, Palpatine should of started his destruction of the Jedi order through out the prequels as they were the one thing standing in his way.
Attack of the Clones has got to be the worst of all 3 prequels only relevant thing was Anakin slaughtering Sandpeople to begin is descent to the Darkside.
The whole Geonosis was just f**ken lame surely they could of come up with something better than that s**t.
Lucas should of hired some writers to help him with a better story he should of watched the original trilogy and looked at what made them great and applied it to the prequels.

The guys who wrote the Force Unleashed story were great and it was an awesome game it got me interested in Starwars again and I'm looking forward to the sequel.
I'm interested to see how Galen is still alive and kicking But I don't like Galen's outfit PLEASE GIVE HIM ROBES like Obiwan or Maul.
Would be cool to dual wield, single wield or double sabre and to have different stances and sabre forms quick and flurry or regular swings and please make the sabre cut torsos, arms, heads off no need for gore but it is a lightsabre correct?
Pretty happy with the force powers from TFU remove dash and have something a bit more permanent to cover area's quicker force speed until your force runs out or something.

Disturbed30
03-03-2010, 10:58 AM
I agree with Sunstalker Jedi Knight's Lightsabre Lethality and Dismemberment, Kotor's Character Development and Force Powers and the Force Unleashed's Engine and a longer lasting experience = a great game.

TKA-001
03-04-2010, 08:14 PM
I know this is a piddling, aesthetic, and overall unimportant thing to complain about, but until more material on the game is released there's almost nothing concrete to talk about: I really don't like the apprentice's new look. At the end of the first game he held his lightsaber back-handed and he had an outfit that made him look like the dude from Assassin's Creed became a Jedi. Now his outfit just looks kind of bland in comparison and his old lightsaber style is gone.

Nick Vader
03-16-2010, 05:33 PM
Just to say that this is a pretty cool picture:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/59/Galen_dual.png

Similar to Ezio's promotional shot for Assassin's Creed II.

Yup. It's quite the same there. Cool pic.

XianTsu
03-17-2010, 12:06 AM
As I said somewhere in here, a Kotor1/2 type TFU would be sweet. Where you control a lot of the story, the side you choose. With better and more stable controls, please!