PDA

View Full Version : The 'what are you playing' thread

DarthMaulUK
10-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Right now, I am playing Warhammer online. My 30 days ends today and I won't be extending my time. Very unpolished and although pvp is good fun, servers are already struggling for players to do public quests and more.

I'm also playing Sins of a Solar Empire, Battlefield 2142 (STILL!) and I pop into Galaxies every now and again

John Galt
10-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm playing WoW and Hearts of Iron II(still). I've been holding out for the next Old Republic game for about as long as I can remember.

tKon
10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
WoW, CoD4, DoTA(WC3), CS:S, CS, all in hopes of a better future to come.

Pho3nix
10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Currently only World of Warcraft, waiting for the expansion.

Sabretooth
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Right now I'm playing Deus Ex for the nth time, Civilization IV as usual, and hmm, I'm not gaming enough. >.>

golddon
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm playing Shaiya, cause it a free downloadable game without any fees. and it addicting as sin while waiting on this one to go live.

http://shaiya.aeriagames.com

Ctrl Alt Del
10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm currently playing:

Silent Hill 2 - "Trying another ending" (PS2)
Medieval II: Total War (PC)
Soul Calibur IV (360)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

Jeff
10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
I have been playing multiplayer Neverwinter Nights 2 most recently. Still play WoW, but have not actually played for about 3 weeks. Pretty bored with it waiting for the expansion.

SW01
10-23-2008, 01:38 PM
On the PC, I'm currently playing Starfleet Command III (heavily modded, of course - lots of new ships!)

On the PS3, I split whatever time I spend on it between Grand Theft Auto IV and Assassin's Creed.

LordOfTheFish
10-23-2008, 05:14 PM
NFS Carbon, Medal of Honor Heroes II, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

Miltiades
10-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Guild Wars. More specifically, focusing on Factions. Nothing else at the moment.

igyman
10-24-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm currently playing The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I've finished the original campaign and am now playing the first of two bonus campaigns.

The Doctor
10-27-2008, 02:25 AM
I've got a game going in the first KotOR game, as well as multiple Home Cities in Age of Empires III. But I've lately abandoned both of them for my Pacman addiction. :xp:

Rogue Nine
10-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Diablo II!

Duriel is such a little bitch. -___-

True_Avery
10-27-2008, 02:26 AM
Currently playing FarCry2 on my 360.

The pretty... it is painful to behold...

Lynk Former
10-27-2008, 05:23 AM
I'm saving myself for Valkyria Chronicles which is released in 5 days.

Titanius Anglesmith
10-30-2008, 10:20 PM
PS3: Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour. Satch Boogie's a bitch.

PC: Occasionally getting in a little Mass Effect and Oblivion time.

Commander Obi-Wan
10-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I've been switching through the Force Unleashed, Assassin's Creed, and GTA IV on the 360. I'm waiting for Gears of War 2. :p

True_Avery
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Dead Space!

Hayden Kered
10-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Pure Pazaak

Starting back on Fable: TLC.

Prime
10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Macross VOXP.

TriggerGod
10-31-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm not really playing anything outside of GMax (modeling program for those who don't know), but, when I do, I've been going down the road of nostalgia and playing some old PSX games from when I was a wee tyke. Games like Crash Bandicoot :p

I've attempted to play other games (TFU, GH:3, MP:3, ect), but until I get this TV situation sorted out, (our living room one was going funky, so it went into my room. The one in my room went in the back, the one in the back went down here, while the one down here went up until we can get our new TV set up. Then, everything will be back to normal. I will miss the HD shows, but meh) I can't really play anything higher then PSX games, because the graphics stink big time. (because of the low def TV down here, not the games, mind you)

Other then Crash, I've been turning TSL on every once in a while to test stuff.

EnderWiggin
10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64.

Oldschool, bitches!

_EW_

Serpentine Cougar
11-02-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm playing Secret of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge for the first time. Yay for oldschool!

Nedak
11-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm playing nothing right now =[

adamqd
11-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Re-Playing Mass Effect from Scratch on my new 360 elite, since my mark 1 360 blew up in a red ring style and I lost my save game's.

Web Rider
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
I've been playing Red Alert 3 and some WoW, mostly RA3 though.

GwannaSauna
11-02-2008, 05:03 PM
As of 11/2/08: Star Wars: Empire at War (PC), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360), James Bond 007: Nightfire (Xbox), RocketBowl (360), Star Wars: Battlefront (PS2), and, you're probably gonna laugh at me for this, but Rock Band 2 (360) :headbump
__________________________________________________ ____________
Waiting for: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b3/V8arcade_logo.jpg/150px-V8arcade_logo.jpg
__________________________________________________ ____________
Coming November 5th!
Read more about it here: http://v8arcade.com/

Oh yeah, and beat Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Xbox) for the 2nd time (last time I beat was around May 2005, right before the movie premiered

GeneralPloKoon
11-02-2008, 05:14 PM
Been playing Far Cry the past 2 weeks. Amazing game!

jrrtoken
11-02-2008, 06:06 PM
KotOR II for the umpteenth time, some SimCity 4, and my new pride and joy, Wii Music. :D

EnderWiggin
11-02-2008, 06:22 PM
and my new pride and joy, Wii Music. :D

That game seems like such a waste of money.

I saw the E3 video of it and was thoroughly disappointed.

_EW_

Ctrl Alt Del
11-02-2008, 06:29 PM
.hack: Infection (PS2)

The first out of four episodes RPG series.

jrrtoken
11-02-2008, 06:38 PM
That game seems like such a waste of money.

I saw the E3 video of it and was thoroughly disappointed.

_EW_I was like that before I bought it, but I did some research, saw some pretty impressive videos, and I gave in and bought it. To me, it's the ****. Any game that let's you play the Legend of Zelda theme with a bagpipe, sitar, cuica, NES, Jew's harp, and a banjo is an instant win. :D

Some neat videos:
Carmen with some random instruments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4phvnsnjW70)
Mii Maestro Demonstration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37YTP_X7mJA)
Daydream Believer a la Bob Marley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXpgX6OB6M0)

Jae Onasi
11-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Guild Wars--shepherding my legendary survivor through various different quests and missions in the campaigns to work on the KoaBD title.
Lord of the Rings Online--just picked that one up, having fun with it. I doubt I'll make it up to level 50 to start playing Mines of Moria right away when it comes out, but I'll get there.

Jeff
11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Well I got Bioshock this past weekend so I have been playing that, I'm not very far though because I've been having crashing/freezing problems. And unfortunately it might get put on hold for a while as Wrath of the Lich King is released tonight. >;D

LordOfTheFish
11-12-2008, 01:12 PM
My brother payed 3 bucks for a N64, two controllers, a rumble pack, and Banjo Kazooie. So we've all been playing that this week.

Weiser_Cain
11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Guild Wars
CoX
Fantastic Contraption
That's all I can play until my videocard arrives.

Lynk Former
11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
http://ps3life.nl/data/upload/1-B0f5Q_-e1217519221.jpg

Jeff
11-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Just got WotLK Collector's Edition last night so I stayed up all night playing that, and will probably only be playing that till I reach level 80.

LordOfTheFish
11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Just got WotLK Collector's Edition last night so I stayed up all night playing that, and will probably only be playing that till I reach level 80.

So I saw. :xp:

tk102
12-09-2008, 01:45 PM
There is a new field in your User Profile Details page for specifying the game you're currently playing. This will show up below your avatar when you post.

<-- see

Darth Avlectus
03-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Give you a few hints for my PS2 title currently: It's in liberty city and it is a prequel. I am an Italian guy calling people ass-hats.

SW01
03-10-2009, 01:41 AM
LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!

I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story.

Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...

Darth Avlectus
03-11-2009, 01:19 AM
LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!

Aww. Well, proved my suspicions...I made the better choice :woo:

Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name :xp:)
I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price. Happened to Jedi Academy. And some others like Marvel VS Capcom 1&2. ! was stolen from me though. :curse:

I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story. I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2. Then again, my electronics shop table is looking mighty sexy to me right now...I've got a few projects in mind. ^_^
I may just get lost in diodes, resistors, capacitors and ICs...with some lasers.

GTA 4 is MAJOR cool. Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE (it was a gift and I seriously can't afford jack as it is right now), because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.

otherwise I'd get megaman 9 (GO RETRO 8-BIT, BOYEEEE!), SF2 turbo (hell, just about any SF game), other classics

Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...

Hm. so mafia IS all that, eh? Coolness. You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.

The guy just wanted to throw some stuff out. He himself seemed like a mafia-ish apartment owner tossing out some schmuck's stuff, real quick, real cheap.

I'll let you guess how much I paid for it...or little...if you care to.:shades2:

Lynk Former
03-11-2009, 03:28 AM
HOOOUSE OF THE DEEEEEEAAAAAAAD OVEEEEERKIIIIIIILL!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7PCa23g6I)

Darth Eclipse
03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
I'm not really playing anything right now...Unfortunately... I am doing a 30 day free trial for Gamefly. I just sent in the two games I was renting so yeah... I am hoping to get mailed GoW 2 next. :) I CAN'T wait until Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising comes out.

Jeff
03-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I have gotten back on the wagon (off the wagon?) and am playing WoW again. I never made it to 80 before I took about a 4 month break so now I am back at it, at 76 right now. Hopefully I will be 80 soon enough as that is when the real fun begins.

SW01
03-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name :xp:)
I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price.

Perhaps, but I advise you to try to get it for (at most) half the original RRP - and keep all expectations quite low. There was one bug in particular that irked me - cars disappearing from some garages. Whether or ot that was fixed for PS2 I don't know!

I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2.

Do, absolutely. It's great fun - and the Freeride/Freeride Extreme modes really make it!

GTA 4 is MAJOR cool.

It really is.

Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE...because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.

Accursed Microsoft XBox thing...:swear:

You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it [Mafia] for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.

I remember that in another thread! And yes, I was very envious of your good fortune. Still, I managed to find my PC version for about £5, so not too bad!

Sabretooth
03-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.

Also replaying the original Half-Life!

SW01
03-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.

That is also a piece of sheer brilliance in gaming! I alway choose Western Rome and start setting history right. :carms: Of course, their campaign is devilishy difficult at te start, but some abandoning of cities ruthless re-conquest and general toadying usually does the trick until the treasury builds up again!

Oh - and I just started TSL again. I doubt I'll see it through to the end, but it's fun to go back to it after a while! :D

leXX
03-12-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm currently playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) (http://www.professorlaytonds.com/), and Peggle (XBL) (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410889/?p=1&of=1&sb=1#offers).

Professor Layton is like the perfect game for me, because I absolutely love puzzles, mind benders and riddles, and the ones in this game are truly brilliant. They are just the right level of difficulty to get the little grey cells going, and give you a great sense of satisfaction when you figure them out. The game is presented beautifully in it's setting and text, and Layton himself is as charming as Sherlock Holmes. One of the best games to come out on the DS in a very long time.

Peggle is simply one of the most addictive games there is. I got it yesterday, sat down and hardly moved from the sofa until I'd completed the Adventure section. Play the XBL demo, and you'll see exactly what I mean, or check it out on Steam.

Lynk Former
03-13-2009, 02:23 PM
gonna see the Professor Layton movie when it comes out, leXX?

leXX
03-13-2009, 04:17 PM
I sure am. My kids are really looking forward to it too. :)

Jeff
03-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Well Lynk and I beat RE5 last night. :D Only took 16:45, and we took our time exploring, not as long as I had hoped it'd be, and not as long as 4. In any case it was very enjoyable. So now that I am done with that (for now) I had also picked up No More Heroes for Wii so I've beaten the first two bosses so far, and then like I mentioned earlier WoW.

Lynk Former
03-15-2009, 04:53 PM
FIIIIIIIIIIVE!!

oh and for the lulz: http://www.twilightlynk.com/2009/03/15/silly-gaming-habits/

LordOfTheFish
03-15-2009, 06:08 PM
I'm currently playing Combat Arms, Animal Crossing:City Folk, and Rygar: the Legendary Adventure.

GeneralPloKoon
03-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Haven't played any games for a while...kinda bored of video games at the moment.

M@RS
03-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm playing CoD: United Offensive online, MoH: Airborne online, and F: Fuel of War online... :p

Rev7
03-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Call of Duty World at War

The Force Unleashed

LordOfTheFish
03-16-2009, 11:15 PM
TFU? Wow, is it just your first time playing through?

Ibelin
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Empire Total War
Homeworld 1
Neverwinter nights
COD4 multi.

M@RS
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Republic Commando
LotR: Conquest

GeneralPloKoon
03-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Ratchet and Clank:Going Commando
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee
CTR(Crash Team Racing)

leXX
03-19-2009, 05:40 AM
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee

+10 cool to you. I absolutely LOVE that game.

TSR
03-19-2009, 05:55 AM
GRAW 2.

Stupid MP missions- they never said you needed more than 1 person to complete most of them!

*grumbles at having to wait until the end of the month to get gold XBL*

Darth Avlectus
04-06-2009, 11:19 PM
FCEU emulator: CastleVania 3 original from japan--WOW, this music sound is incredible compared to the version the us console got--apparently didn't come with the extra channels for the improved music and sound quality. I want a famicom now.

Then it's back to liberty city in 1998. :xp:

LordOfTheFish
04-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Just started playing Project: Snowblind today. It isn't all that great, but definitely worth $10.

Miltiades
04-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Interrupted my Mask of the Betrayer playthrough for another run through KotOR2 with TSLRP. I'm quite lucky there are so few games that really interest me these days. gives me the time to catch up on some classics and play some games for a second time (like Mass Effect).

RoxStar
04-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Forza Motorsport 2.

A little late to the game, I know, but it's still awesome!

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/forza2-431x300.jpg

Tommycat
04-09-2009, 02:47 AM
Currently started to play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I dunno if it's a good thing or bad thing, but I answered the questions at the beginning as myself, and was embraced by the Malkavians... I was hoping for Brujah.

Of course with the Malkavian, I tend to see my answer almost word for word in the dialog choices....

AHAHAAHAHAHAHA... oh wait.. um... no.

plus I love the way the responses are typed all funky wierd...

Jae Onasi
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Tommycat--make sure to get the official patch. There are game-stopping bugs otherwise. That game is phenomenal, and it's my favorite second only to the Kotor games. There are some great fan-made patches too--check those out once you get through your first or second playthrough. Use dementation whenever you have the opportunity in conversation--some of those conversations are hilarious.

leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.

My kids and I are playing Rock Band 2 and we are just having a total Blast with it. I actually practiced some of our favorite songs in hard mode before they got home from school yesterday. They were absolutely ecstatic that I'd d/l'd the Spongebob songs, so of course we had to play those. Point Man laughs when we sing Eye of the Tiger and Hello There at the top of our lungs.

Sabretooth
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (I had to take great pains to steal his copy), and its pretty slick. Needs quite a bit of patience and I can't play it for really long stretches, but it has that special quality of making you want to come back to it and get into more espionagy hijinks. The controls are a bit clumsy to use though, could have used more fluidity.

Jeff
04-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.

leXX
04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.

Hope you like it as much as I do. :)

I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.

Was great fun. We have to do that way more often. ;)

I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.

Also waiting for Riddick to be released on the 24th.

Mav
04-09-2009, 01:20 PM
I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.For what system did you purchase Eternal Sonata? Hmmmmmm?

leXX
04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
360 for £10.

Mav
04-09-2009, 02:04 PM
360 for Ł10.Augh! You're killing me leXX :p when they ported it to PS3 they added some new storyline events, made a couple of new characters playable, changed something related to the costumes and I think there might have been an extra dungeon, not too sure about that last bit. No achievements though. I shouldn't be one to complain either, not like I have the game XD.

Anyway to try stay on topic a bit, let's see, I just finished No More Heroes recently, been playing Professor Layton recently, I'm stuck on puzzle 12 I think, grrrrr. Oh and of course, Pokémon Platinum :carms:

jrrtoken
04-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I finally got around to buy Deus Ex, and I've been verily enjoying that, especially with my week off. The level design is brilliant, and really is reminiscent of Dark Forces in the way that every level is complex and realistic.

Other than that, I'll probably buy Platinum soon for my DS, but since there's also at least ten other DS games that I also want to play, I'll have to probably get one for now, which means that I'll probably get Hotel Dusk and Lock's Quest later on. But then, there's also The Dark Spire, Myst DS, Professor Layton, and others that I still want to play, so that'll be a hard one.

So many games, so little time/money. :p

ChAiNz.2da
04-09-2009, 02:42 PM
Big fan of the Elderscrolls series so I thought I'd give the Bethesda company another shot with their (non ES) Fallout 3 title.

Wow. Having a blast with the game :mob:

Tommycat
04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Tommycat--make sure to get the official patch. There are game-stopping bugs otherwise. That game is phenomenal, and it's my favorite second only to the Kotor games. There are some great fan-made patches too--check those out once you get through your first or second playthrough. Use dementation whenever you have the opportunity in conversation--some of those conversations are hilarious.

Oh I'm loving those conversations. I find myself giggling every oportunity I have to talk to someone. It's made me hunt around for more people to talk to haha. Actually it was kinda on your recommendations(from the Lucascast) as your gaming seems to match more closely with mine.

I actually wasn't surprised at all by the two daughters of Janus Therese and Jeanette. It was obvious from when I first met them. I just finished the ship part. So far, I think I like playing a Malkavian... the response for Did you see anything strange when you see Lacriox was identical to what I said(before I saw the responses), "I see dead people" and of course one of my favorite quotes(thus far) "Death is not as peaceful as I had hoped"

Darth Avlectus
04-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Considering getting one of the recent Half Life 2 games or something like it with the same engine so I can purchase and play Gmod. I have AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL sorts of maniacal things I want to see happen. Make happen. Careful, I might just mutilate your favorite cute little anime characters! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

HED
05-28-2014, 12:53 AM
The only game I've really been playing recently has been Minecraft.