PDA

View Full Version : Taris?

SpartanPride
10-29-2008, 01:30 AM
I went to the SWTOR website, and in the backround, there was some concept art which, at least to me, looks like the ruins of Taris.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff319/thor8808/untitled-2.jpg

Jeff
10-29-2008, 02:35 AM
Hmm, could be, hard to tell I guess. I hope we get to see Taris in game either way.

Da_man
10-29-2008, 02:39 AM
By the screencap, I can determine that:
* You use iTunes and Limewire (shame on you)
* You are a member of Clan Apathy
* Your username on Youtube is thor8808
* You are writing some sort of report on why Screemo music sucks
* Your username on SWOTOR is SpartanPride and your password is 8 characters long.
* You Have both a Myspace and a Facebook page.

@topic: Interesting thought. Last I read, Taris was a completely idustrialized planet, like Coruscant.

adamqd
10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
* Your username on SWOTOR is SpartanPride and your password is 8 characters long.

@topic: Interesting thought. Last I read, Taris was a completely idustrialized planet, like Coruscant.

1: Your nosey lol

@ Topic: I'm guessing his initial thought on the concept were similar to mine, it's a once industrial or thriving place that has been abandoned or nearly destroyed and the wildlife has made home there... but that could be Coruscant (post Sith sacking) Tython (abandoned since the earliest histories) and of course the wreck of Taris :)

all cool stuff whatever it is

Miltiades
10-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Could be Taris, yeah. Whatever it is, it's great concept art. :)

Darth_vilas
10-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Hmm, it would be nice if it was Taris, we know that it will not be completly rebuild. O lot of wreckage is still there during the Galactic Empire.

GwannaSauna
10-29-2008, 02:39 PM
I think it's an ancient Ord Mantell

SW01
10-29-2008, 05:10 PM
It would be great if it was Taris. I suppose because it is BioWare, Taris is imminently possible (a nod to KotOR for fanboys?:D). And yeah, it looks like a ruined and abandoned world that has been overgrown over 3 centuries.

Nedak
10-29-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm gonna get an apartment on Taris.

Miltiades
10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
I'm gonna get an apartment on Taris. Let me know when you plan a party. :)

SpartanPride
10-29-2008, 06:47 PM

* Yep. But... what's wrong with iTunes? :P
* Yep, but do you know what that is? :P
* Same as my username on KOTOR files.
* Song for my band. Long story :P.
* Yeah. I really don't think you're going to draw a conclusion about what my password is, though :P
* I have Facebook, but I have no idea how that MySpace got into my tabs. It was an accident, I was just looking at my friends band :P

But yeah, even if Taris was rebuilt, there would still probably be ruins from the Sith attack.

Nedak
10-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Let me know when you plan a party. :)

I'll invite you for tea.

Then we can go to the lower city and laugh at the poor people.

True_Avery
10-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I'll invite you for tea.

Then we can go to the lower city and laugh at the poor people.
After being bombed, I'd think everyone still there is now fairly poor :p

Nedak
10-29-2008, 08:37 PM

I'll be a rich poor person. I'm talking about the really poor people... >_>

Da_Man_2423
10-29-2008, 10:16 PM

What about those peeps in the Undercity? With their prophecy and the "Promised Land". Maybe they survived the bombing since they were practically in the core of the planet.

Zerimar Nyliram
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Yes, I've always wanted to see that story revisited.

Hayden Kered
10-30-2008, 01:48 AM
It does look like it, very cool if it is!

SW01
10-30-2008, 11:44 AM
What about those peeps in the Undercity? With their prophecy and the "Promised Land". Maybe they survived the bombing since they were practically in the core of the planet.

Yes, I've always wanted to see that story revisited.

Me too! :xp:

Maybe finding them will be the crux of one of the quests on that world?

Ctrl Alt Del
10-30-2008, 02:18 PM
That may be very well the Undercity post-bombing. Notice the columns and the structure that apparently stands on it's top.

SpartanPride
10-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah - that's what I was thinking. It resembles the Undercity quite significantly.

SW01
10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
That may be very well the Undercity post-bombing. Notice the columns and the structure that apparently stands on it's top.

I think you're right - possibly the 'floor' of the Lower City, and those pillars may be the various lifts dotted about, down into the sewer system or up to the Lower City.

jrrtoken
10-31-2008, 10:12 PM
That may be very well the Undercity post-bombing. Notice the columns and the structure that apparently stands on it's top.You're probably right, perhaps this concept is of the Promised Land? The real issue at stake is if the concept art is indeed of Taris, then I want Tarisian Ale to be a usable item. :D

SW01
10-31-2008, 10:17 PM
The real issue at stake is if the concept art is indeed of Taris, then I want Tarisian Ale to be a usable item. :D

:rofl:

Preferably with the side effect that you pass out and someone steals your armour. :xp:

Ctrl Alt Del
11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
The real issue at stake is if the concept art is indeed of Taris, then I want Tarisian Ale to be a usable item. :D

It certainly could be used as a throwable weapon.

TriggerGod
11-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Its alcoholic, so its flammable.

*imagines*
heheh.

Ctrl Alt Del
11-01-2008, 03:05 PM
^ That's not stated on the game, though. It may not be alcoholic, who knows what other substances are there on the Star Wars universe?

adamqd
11-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Bespin Port is pretty mind altering, but that's another story ;)

SpartanPride
11-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Juma Juice, too.

Pwnzor326
11-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Death sticks and Tarisian Ale don't mix well.........

EnderWiggin
11-01-2008, 04:58 PM
* I'm a really creepy stalker person.

Fix'd.

_EW_

Tommycat
11-02-2008, 01:26 AM
*ponders the use of Tarisian Ale a Jawa... and a match

Who ordered a Flaming Jawa?

Sabretooth
11-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Aye, that looks like Taris to me. You can tell from those stout pillars and the overhead ceiling. I like what's happened to it, the ruins and trees and all. Looks very whimsical in a way, almost nostalgic.

It kind of makes me think about the villagers bound for the Promised Land. Perhaps they reached this "Promised Land" when Taris was destroyed. And this was the Promised Land: the life and light that has sprung forth from the destruction and ruins of Taris.

I'm going to enjoy Taris.

knight 12167
11-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Looks alot like Taris to me.

The problem is...the way it is looking instead of being a huge capital city It will be a small remote Dantoine like Area.Or maybe it is a completly new planet !!!

Fredi
11-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Looks like Taris but it has a similarity to Dantooine as well. Hard to tell.

Tommycat
11-28-2008, 11:40 PM
I'd put money on Tython

Char Ell
12-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I went to the SWTOR website, and in the backround, there was some concept art which, at least to me, looks like the ruins of Taris. What makes you think that this pictures looks like it's set on Taris? I don't see the resemblance so I'm curious what features in the artwork make you think that. :)

Sabretooth
12-02-2008, 12:17 AM
What makes you think that this pictures looks like it's set on Taris? I don't see the resemblance so I'm curious what features in the artwork make you think that. :)
It's the lower city. Look at those fat pillars that you saw down there. The floors they supported have been broken and ruined and now sunlight streams down to illuminate the Lower City.

I think the most important clue are those pillars/supports. They look exactly as they did in KotOR, so it has to be Taris.

SpartanPride
12-02-2008, 01:43 AM
^ Yep - that's what I was thinking.

Zayne Carrick
12-02-2008, 06:12 AM
It does look like Taris! I hope it is, I would love to visit it again!

Char Ell
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
Please understand I'm not saying it isn't Taris but I guess I need to go back and play KotOR again because I don't really see it. ;)

SpartanPride
12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah - It's all just speculation anyway ;)