PDA

View Full Version : Newsfeed: Whoops! EA retracts CEO Riccitiello’s statement on TOR’s payment model

News
12-10-2008, 03:50 PM
In an update to a previous news post, Electronic Arts has said CEO John Riccitiello’s statement on The Old Republic’s business model was based on a ‘misunderstanding’. Riccitiello had originally commented that TOR will be ‘microtransaction-based’, which is quite different from the traditional MMO payment model based around monthly payments. It’s surprising that Riccitiello would make [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/whoops-ea-retracts-ceo-riccitiellos-statement-on-tors-payment-model/)

jrrtoken
12-10-2008, 07:38 PM
I am experiencing a very... peculiar sensation. I'm unsure on whether to be happy or sad.

Litofsky
12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
I'd have to say that this is good, but I cannot help but wonder what the 'alternative' (or the original plan, perhaps?) method of paying shall be?

Tommycat
12-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Why do I have that scene stuck in my head with Han is saying, "Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"

Steve-O Kreesh
12-14-2008, 03:52 PM
It was a little premature for him to announce the payment system for a game that is still in PRE-production.

They probably will announce the payment model when the game is close to launch.

Hallucination
12-15-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm happy they retracted that statement, but IIRC this is from the same guy who mentioned that the MMO was a SW one, only to have that statement retracted for him by Bioware and LA.