PDA

View Full Version : Whats your least favorite level of K2?

thundrfang1
12-21-2008, 10:52 AM
I personally really hate Peragus, but some of my friends say Malachor. I want to hear from you though.

Chevron 7 locke
12-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Malachor 5. The music on that level just really makes me angry for some reason, and i hate the landscape

Sabretooth
12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
I guess Peragus. It's a very boring environment for a starting level. KotOR awed you with the awesome art they did on Taris and strolling there was amazing, as was the Endar Spire because it was, like, the first time you were somewhere there.

Peragus felt dull and repetitive, both because of its System Shock-esque scenario and boring textures/area.

Other than that I'll say that Nar Shaddaa could have used a lot more work in the art. NS also looked very bland and uninspiring. I know the Smuggler's Moon is supposed to be all hopeless and stuff, but yeah.

thundrfang1
12-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I said Peragus because its boring and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOONG!

Rev7
12-21-2008, 06:38 PM
I guess Peragus. It's a very boring environment for a starting level. KotOR awed you with the awesome art they did on Taris and strolling there was amazing, as was the Endar Spire because it was, like, the first time you were somewhere there.

Peragus felt dull and repetitive, both because of its System Shock-esque scenario and boring textures/area.

Other than that I'll say that Nar Shaddaa could have used a lot more work in the art. NS also looked very bland and uninspiring. I know the Smuggler's Moon is supposed to be all hopeless and stuff, but yeah.
I agree. Peragus sucked, and Nar Shadda could have been a lot better than it was, even though it is supposed to be hopeless.

HIGH ON PIE 14
12-22-2008, 01:43 AM
I like NS...I think it had potential to be much better than it was. Damn you cut content! I actually liked its decayed hopeless feel, but maybe thats just the emo in me. :)

Malachor was absolutely my least favorite. The landscape was boring and by the time I get there I'm uber powerful and enemies just fall like rag dolls. The only cool thing was the area where you fight Kreia.

Peragus may be a bit boring but I liked the story. It just needed a lightsaber I think.

@thundrfang1: I would recommend making this a poll. ;)

~HOP

Endorenna
12-22-2008, 02:11 AM
Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level. :lol:

Telos. The land parts are murder!!!!!!! I'm not strong enough to kill all the mercs, even with my best weapons and armor on and two companions. I'm constantly running back and forth and healing people, or just standing there clicking medpacks to the right people. :/

HIGH ON PIE 14
12-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level. :lol:

:lol: Me too. I always play with the skip Peragus mod. I know what you mean about Telos...those merc, especially the ones right outside the base are a pain.

~HOP

Rabish Bini
12-22-2008, 04:19 AM
Nar Shaddaa

It glitches my game and makes me unable to finish the game more often then not. And no, earlier saves don't work either, I have to start all over again.

Ascendant_Justice
12-23-2008, 11:19 AM
While I agree that Taris was much more awe-inspiring graphically and artistically and was, overall, a much better "planet", I actually kind of like Peragus. I can't really judge its artistic direction and textures since I find practically every environment in K2 to be of the hopeless, bland feel. So, that aside, I was actually really drawn into the mysteriousness and solitude of Peragus.

My least favorite would be Malachor, hands down. I mean really, need I explain? This may change whenever the restoration project is completed. ;)

thundrfang1
12-25-2008, 10:15 PM
@thundrfang1: I would recommend making this a poll. ;)~HOP

i tried but it wouldnt let me for some reason

Peragus, no question. But, since I always skip Peragus now, I have to choose another level. :lol: :/

your lucky you have the PC version

also i just got an XBox360 so i have to do my whole file all over again

Rev7
12-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Peragus may be a bit boring but I liked the story. It just needed a lightsaber I think.
And humans/aliens/something other than droids. That is probably the biggest problem with Peragus. There is practically nothing but droids.

Ctrl Alt Del
12-26-2008, 09:45 AM
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that. And that's the worst mistake that can be made on a game like KotOR, where you're meant to play again and again. After you picture what's going on there, the mysteries, the why, then it simply gets boring. Every replay is faded to be worst than the last. The same doesn't happen to Taris because the "Coruscant of the Outer Rim" allows you to do so many things, so differently that you end up not caring if you know what's going to happen on the main plot there.

Yeah, but the worst place on K2 isn't there. It's actually fairly difficult to select one, but I always believed that Telos reigned on that matter. Is there even a reason to return there? If it wasn't vital to the main plot, I wouldn't even set my foot on some of the Station's modules. you've got absolutely nothing interesting to do there that's not related to Czerka or the Ithorians.

The surface is not as bad the Citadel, but that's because you don't get to go there more than once.

jonathan7
12-26-2008, 10:59 AM
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that.

QFT, the first time you play you don't have a clue what's going on. I still personally like Peragus, the problem with it, is there is a distinct lack of NPC's due to the whole survival horror vibe.

Personally I dislike Malachor V for the lack of any plot of any kind what so ever; the game simply isn't finished.

Arátoeldar
12-26-2008, 11:48 AM
QFT, the first time you play you don't have a clue what's going on. I still personally like Peragus, the problem with it, is there is a distinct lack of NPC's due to the whole survival horror vibe.

Personally I dislike Malachor V for the lack of any plot of any kind what so ever; the game simply isn't finished.

Agreed the lack of party member involvement is what really kills Malachor V for me.

GarfieldJL
12-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Agreed the lack of party member involvement is what really kills Malachor V for me.

Malachor V is an annoying level for me too, it's just kill everything to Kreia.

Da_man
12-26-2008, 09:50 PM
I'd say it is all the levels before and including the land part of Telos. It is just boring and repetitive. What you do doesn't matter in the rest of the game. Even getting to Telos, if you join the Czerka and go to the surface through them, thier turret still shoots them down.Even Peragus is just, "Hey, you're here, go kill some robots, and then we leave." These levels are just so boring, I've stopped playing the game.

TriggerGod
12-26-2008, 10:15 PM
I didn't like Peragus, the station part of Telos, Malachor's surface, and GOTO's yacht.

Ctrl Alt Del
12-27-2008, 06:10 AM
^ Oh, definetly. Despite not being as bad as Telos, Goto's Yacht is also repulsive.

luckyariot
12-27-2008, 09:05 AM
I didn't like Peragus, the station part of Telos, Malachor's surface, and GOTO's yacht.

I hated GOTO's yacht. It took me forever to figure out which combination of characters to use. The same thing happened to me on Nar Shadaa when you have to face that stupid Black Sun Gang.

Ascendant_Justice
12-27-2008, 02:23 PM
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that. And that's the worst mistake that can be made on a game like KotOR, where you're meant to play again and again. After you picture what's going on there, the mysteries, the why, then it simply gets boring. Every replay is faded to be worst than the last. The same doesn't happen to Taris because the "Coruscant of the Outer Rim" allows you to do so many things, so differently that you end up not caring if you know what's going to happen on the main plot there.

That's probably true. I've only played through K2 twice, both playthroughs having about a year of time between them. Because of that, the mysteriousness was still mostly there. Whenever I play K2 again, Peragus will probably still be nice, because I haven't played K2 in well over two years now.

Rev7
12-28-2008, 12:44 AM
QFT

This is very true.

Black Sun Gang
Twin Suns ;)

I agree; GOTOs Yacht was pretty dumb.

Fredi
12-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Peragus all the way!

DeadYorick
12-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Peragus was the most disappointing part of the game for me. It was just so dull compared to the many diverse areas that Kotor 1 had. It gave me a very bad first impression of the game. Only later did I warm up to it once the plot started to get complicated

thundrfang1
01-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Peragus was the most disappointing part of the game for me. It was just so dull compared to the many diverse areas that Kotor 1 had.

'Nough said.

GarfieldJL
01-03-2009, 05:37 PM
I didn't mind Peragus at all, they could of spruced it up a bit, added a bit more death and all that, but it wasn't that bad of a level, the fact that it seemed so deserted made it rather spooky. It would have been cooler if the lighting was going in and out or something.

Malachor V, was actually the worst level in my opinion.

SW01
01-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I would instinctively call Peragus the most boring, repetitive and formulaic of the levels in TSL. For what is, essentially, a tutorial, it was far too long. At least the Endar Spire and Taris had some activity to them. And the Endar Spire was finished in a few minutes.

There is quite a bit to do on Peragus when you think of it, examining all of the logs and trying to piece the Exile's immediate history together, but I really got the sense that there was no point...it didn't really matter to the story in the long run.

Telos wasn't really much better, imo. More to do, but just adds to the over-long introduction to the game. Really, the TSL introduction consisted of the opening segment on the Ebon Hawk, then Peragus, the Harbinger, back to Peragus, the Ebon Hawk, again, Citadel Station AND Telos' surface. Oh, and the Hidden Academy. I always had a save just after the Ice Academy bit which I modified at will for 'new' playthroughs! :xp:

GarfieldJL
01-03-2009, 06:35 PM
I think there was more to Peragus than being a tutorial, and they really didn't make the lighting match what they were trying to convey.

Peragus was supposed to be almost like a mystery right off, or something that seemed spooky. The lighting and stuff didn't match the mood, or the music didn't match. We also didn't see any living minors maybe one laying there near death and then after you heal them some droids show up and kill the miner.

Overall though, peragus was a decent level, the lack of people was kind of the point, they just didn't do a few minor things that could have added to the mood that they were trying to convey.

Telos might have been more interesting too if Obsidian hadn't been force to cut as much as they had.

Ctrl Alt Del
01-03-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm fascinated by the amount of " but what if" whenever people talk about K2. The reality is differente.

GarfieldJL
01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm fascinated by the amount of " but what if" whenever people talk about K2. The reality is differente.

The interesting side note is that apparently some of the modules that were cut are still in the game.

Furthermore, I'm speaking as someone with some knowledge of Computer Graphics, lighting plays a big part in setting a scene.

luckyariot
01-05-2009, 06:47 AM
In terms of Peragus, I rather liked it, though there were parts that dragged. The Harbinger was the best in conveying the spooky atmosphere, and I agree that the facility should have been creepier in terms of lighting, etc.

Telos... god, I was disappointed there, mostly because there just wasn't enough to do. And the military base was pretty much a huge waste of time backtracking. The only thing in there that was interesting is the random HK-50 you find, but it never leads to anything in the current release.

I think the gameplay on Nar Shaddaa is good, although some of Team Gizka's mod might make it better, but the opening made it look so much more bright and like the lower levels of Coruscant.

And, although a lot of people complain about the hopeless atmosphere, consider the times. The Republic is falling apart, people are miserable, the Jedi are gone, and everyone is just sick of everybody else. Also, the game is from (for the most part) the Jedi Exile's point of view, who always came across as pretty jaded to me. But maybe that's just my interpretation.

Achilles
01-06-2009, 05:13 AM
I wish to change my vote. I clicked Peragus before re-reading the question. Malachor is my least favorite. Peragus is my favorite part of the game.

mattig89ch
01-06-2009, 03:04 PM
I hated peragus. It's just so boring. The Telos military base is second.

Astor
01-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Malachor. Not only is it fairly pointless until you reach the Academy, you also feel duty-bound, no forced to kill every single Storm-beast on the surface because of the stupid later section, where you control Remote, who can't take a single hit from one.

Now, I only ever play as far as the Ravager.

Blix
01-14-2009, 04:00 PM
I actually found the beginning level of Peragus to be the most interesting it combined that eerie feeling of Silent Hill/Resident Evil with a sci-fi element. I guess I am in agreement with the majority here in saying that Malachor was and still is my least favorite, although replaying the whole Nar Shaddaa/Droid Yacht got to be pretty tedious after a while...

Endorenna
01-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Malachor. Not only is it fairly pointless until you reach the Academy, you also feel duty-bound, no forced to kill every single Storm-beast on the surface because of the stupid later section, where you control Remote, who can't take a single hit from one.

I just give myself several million components and make a few hundred top-grade plasma grenades. You have to keep backing up, but that way the remote can kill the Storm beasts and I don't have to spend eighteen hours searching for 'em with the Exile. :p

jrrtoken
01-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Telos. Peragus was actually interesting, but the whole game slowed down once being released form custody. Citadel Station's quests told you to travel everywhere to complete too many quests.

Revan 411
01-17-2009, 05:40 PM
I dunno if I have a least favorite level of K2. I enjoyed every single planet in TSL. Even Malachor V. There all unique in there own aspects.

Malachor V has the epic duel between The Exile and Kreia.

Peragus had the introduction of Sion, and the sith. And is one of the most awesome intros ever.

Telos, has the confrontation with Atris.

Nar Shaddaa, well I understand why a lot of people dislike it, I actually loved it. It had a great tone, theme, plot, and it gave us more back story of Atton's past. I'm sure once TSLRP is out, everybody will love Nar Shaddaa...

This is my opinion however. Your welcome to disagree.

Rtas Vadum
01-18-2009, 08:53 AM
The only part would be the occasions on Narr Shaada when you get knocked out. Even knowing what is happening after wards, it still bugs me watching my pc get knocked out. Almost feels as bad as in TFU when you die in the LS ending. At least it isn't permanent.

Malachor doesn't bother me to much, but i think they should have done more with the surface and depths aside from the Storm Beasts, the Engine Core Activation, and the Mira/Hanharr fight. And i think you should have had a mini-boss fight with a Sith just before you enter the Academy, and they let you enter after, rather then just being welcomed in.

Peragus i think, is designed pretty good, but you notice that there are several places that a plothole is found, mainly in the fact that several places present you with a roadblock, which you need a workaround for, when there is a clear one right in front of you. (Can't pass the force fields to the hangar? What about climbing over them?)

Telos isn't a bad level, aside from the one steak in the heart fact, that you obtained a method of travel, and now you don't have it because it was stolen. The planet itself doesn't pose a problem for me, but the base does bother me, since, like said, its a big run-around part.

Endorenna
01-18-2009, 11:00 AM
(Can't pass the force fields to the hangar? What about climbing over them?)

Someone besides me noticed that little fact?!?!?!?! :p

WindraSkywalker
01-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Well tsl is mostly repetitive and boring compared to kotor. kotor had so much diversity, every planet was unique. in tsl the planets are sort of 'downgraded' and had less areas, such as dantooine and korriban. well for my least favorite level, telos was just so boring, the citadel is probably the worst looking module in the game, so telos for me.

Darth Avlectus
02-09-2009, 08:47 PM
The problem with Peragus is quite simple. It's fun to play once, but not more than that.

I liked peragus the first time actually...just that every time thereafter has been dull. So I agree.

Yeah, but the worst place on K2 isn't there. It's actually fairly difficult to select one, but I always believed that Telos reigned on that matter. Is there even a reason to return there? If it wasn't vital to the main plot, I wouldn't even set my foot on some of the Station's modules. you've got absolutely nothing interesting to do there that's not related to Czerka or the Ithorians.

The surface is not as bad the Citadel, but that's because you don't get to go there more than once.

I actually wished there was more to the surface. It wasn't half bad, actually.

I think there was more to Peragus than being a tutorial, and they really didn't make the lighting match what they were trying to convey. Funny how I thought the same thing but couldn't put it into words. Thanks.

Peragus was supposed to be almost like a mystery right off, or something that seemed spooky. The lighting and stuff didn't match the mood, or the music didn't match. We also didn't see any living minors maybe one laying there near death and then after you heal them some droids show up and kill the miner.

Overall though, peragus was a decent level, the lack of people was kind of the point, they just didn't do a few minor things that could have added to the mood that they were trying to convey. Well that and it's kind of missing something compared to the endar spire I think...just can't figure out what...

Telos might have been more interesting too if Obsidian hadn't been force to cut as much as they had. True.

Malachor. Not only is it fairly pointless until you reach the Academy, you also feel duty-bound, no forced to kill every single Storm-beast on the surface because of the stupid later section, where you control Remote, who can't take a single hit from one. Well actually I have managed to get just far away that if you are hit, you are still alive, but barely. As well, you don't really have to kill every storm beast--just make sure you clear a path, remember it and don't stray from it.

Understandable since in some ways it kind of hinted at it being all about destroying Nihilus. I mean, that WAS the threat central to the game. Moreover I think the disappointment that he wasn't more difficult
(Yes Shem, I *know* there is that lovely enhancement mod to fix that problem--thank you.;)) and his power in the game doesn't really fit how he was portrayed.

Telos. Peragus was actually interesting, but the whole game slowed down once being released form custody. Citadel Station's quests told you to travel everywhere to complete too many quests. Telos was more than just a bit dull after awhile. It just got so dragged out.

Someone besides me noticed that little fact?!?!?!?! :p

I noticed too, just that it was one of so many things in the incomplete game I kind of filed it away in my mind. --Good point. I always did wonder.

So it's really a tossup between peragus after it gets boring, Telos modules, and maybe Malachor V on a bad day.....

Ibelin
02-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I hate Nar Shadaa.When i was on it i felt like i was playing Max Payne. :mad:
But i hate Peragus more.It's full of neon light but dark asmosphere->not good. :hor:

ShinDangaioh
04-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Citadel Station.

It is just so pointless.

The red Citadel Station before the Ravager isn't quite that bad, but still somewhat pointless. I think the most fun that I had on the station was using B4-D4 to initiate that fight in the apartment and run away and then later have the Exile kill the twit.

Rev7
04-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Peragus

Malachor Depths was dumb too....

Lord of Hunger
04-06-2009, 09:04 PM
From best to least....

Telos: Closest you get to a Republic civilization, and I personally wish I could visit worlds other than the Outer ****ing rim. The Czerka base needs a lot of work though....

Goto's Yacht: Cool appearance, nice plot. Loved the codes and programs meant for M4-78.

Malachor V: Since this is so incomplete (practically a shell of what it was supposed to be) I can't really judge this level too much. I love the music and atmosphere, but the enemies are so boring....

Peragus: A tad bit dull. Hope it could be spiced up a bit....

Nar Shaddaa: Ugh, there's something about this level that drains the life out of you. I think I might organize a mod to improve this planet after all the cut content's been added. Maybe some more dancers....

Darth_Yuthura
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I never really thought of it, but every world in TSL is essentially a ruin or a reconstruction effort with little interest at all. There was Onderon, but you had to deal with that stupid murder and all those bounty hunters who somehow selected you from a crowd and set out to kill you. I always kill Vaklu at the end because of it.

Nar Shadaa is a miserable place, so the life there is horrible to go through and the rest of the levels have lots of dead bodies everywhere. On top of that is an annoying hag who HAS to be a party member too much of the time.

Hawkstrong16
04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Telos....... Nuff said.

Other then that I didn't like any of the levels in TSL. Although Peragus and Malachor V made me jumpy for some reason. no clue why really, they just creeped me out

Gothic90
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I dunno if I have a least favorite level of K2. I enjoyed every single planet in TSL. Even Malachor V. There all unique in there own aspects.

Malachor V has the epic duel between The Exile and Kreia.

Peragus had the introduction of Sion, and the sith. And is one of the most awesome intros ever.

Telos, has the confrontation with Atris.

Nar Shaddaa, well I understand why a lot of people dislike it, I actually loved it. It had a great tone, theme, plot, and it gave us more back story of Atton's past. I'm sure once TSLRP is out, everybody will love Nar Shaddaa...

This is my opinion however. Your welcome to disagree.

+1

Nar shaddaa is actually one of my favorites. It's a crowded city, yet disturbingly...quiet. It is also the planet that made me understand that in sw sith is never the true "enemy"...

Marius Fett
04-20-2009, 11:44 AM
My least favourite would have to be Citadel Station. Aside from that, I liked most of the game.

Adavardes
04-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Well tsl is mostly repetitive and boring compared to kotor.

Clearly you never played the game properly, and paid attention to the characters and storylines. If the best part of your game is the environments, like it was with K1, then you have a pretty bland game, especially when the story was as hackneyed and weak as K1's story was. I never focused much on the levels of the game, the fun of it for me was the dialogues and the characters, and watching new characters bring fresh personalities to the fore while older characters continued to develop dimension. That said, I'm going to have to say that Telos before you make it to the Polar region is the least favourable for me. Not because of a "boring environment" or any of that (get some perspective, people, this was a game all about story), but because most, if not all, of the characters on that planet were bland and uninteresting.

Totenkopf
04-20-2009, 11:57 PM
On top of that is an annoying hag who HAS to be a party member too much of the time.

Funny, I tried to keep her on the ship as much as possible. She was always a voice in your head anyway.

Revan 411
04-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Nar Shadaa is a miserable place, so the life there is horrible to go through and the rest of the levels have lots of dead bodies everywhere. I think that was the point though. Obsidian Entertainment was portraying Nar Shaddaa as a dystopian planet. A city of misery, pollution, and segregation. Though, that might be why a lot of people hate it. (I, however thought it was brilliant.) Because it doesn't seem to fit within the Star Wars Universe.

Also, Kreia isn't a annoying hag. Heck, far from it, she's one of the best, most developed, most original video game characters ever made. I always put her in my party when I leave the ship. The problem is that most people don't seem to ''understand'' her character. You have to play the game more then twice in order to understand the entire complexity of TSL and its characters. Some people (I'm not saying all of you.) just wants to hurry up and beat the game. Most people would rather sit there and listen to hundreds of brilliantly written dialogues to understand the plot and story of TSL. Well, that's my two cents anyway.

Sorry for being a bit off topic.

TKA-001
04-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Nar Shaddaa isn't all that different from Coruscant, to be honest.

Adavardes
04-21-2009, 11:11 PM
I think that was the point though. Obsidian Entertainment was portraying Nar Shaddaa as a dystopian planet. A city of misery, pollution, and segregation. Though, that might be why a lot of people hate it. (I, however thought it was brilliant.) Because it doesn't seem to fit within the Star Wars Universe.

Also, Kreia isn't a annoying hag. Heck, far from it, she's one of the best, most developed, most original video game characters ever made. I always put her in my party when I leave the ship. The problem is that most people don't seem to ''understand'' her character. You have to play the game more then twice in order to understand the entire complexity of TSL and its characters. Some people (I'm not saying all of you.) just wants to hurry up and beat the game. Most people would rather sit there and listen to hundreds of brilliantly written dialogues to understand the plot and story of TSL. Well, that's my two cents anyway.

Sorry for being a bit off topic.

I love you.

Nar Shaddaa isn't all that different from Coruscant, to be honest.

lolwut

Apprentice_Greenwood
04-22-2009, 02:16 AM
One thing I really like about TSL is the difference that playing ls vs ds brings to the table; though you'll almost always reach the same conclusion, the means of getting there are far more pronounced than in KOTOR, where usually it was just a difference in whether you got ls or ds points from an encounter. I think that's where Peragus lacks replay value, because ultimately it's only really your influence with Kreia vs Atton that changes. I still like Peragus/Harbinger though, because there is a distinctly different vibe between each of the areas you go through, but it still feels like a bit too much running around to recue a droid you don't even know at that point (I very much appreciate the comments made about climbing the force barriers).
@GTA:SWCity - the thing you can't put your finger on - do you think it's the sense of immediacy which you felt on The Endar Spire that's missing from Peragus? The constant explosions and the fact that you're on a ship which is under assault add a good level of panic factor I feel, even though you could spend as much or little time as you like there, regardless.

Malachor V's (which I've voted for) real weakness to me is it's lack of challenge, evident throughout most of the game but especially pronounced here; short of changing away from lightsabers (not very in-character), it's so linear but without serious threats, and the lack of party interaction being swapped out for two pretty meaningless solo sections makes it a real let-down of an end game. Maybe some restrictions on your FP regen or powers, for some unknown reason, would fix this. Otherwise, fingers crossed for the TSLRP making this whole section feel a lot more worthwhile.

Citadel is annoying as hell, but does at least have the ls/ds choices to spice it up, and I personally love Telos' surface - but probably mainly because it's the first open air section of the game, plus you have your first choice in selecting your party there. It just feels like a release. Also, I've found that Kreia with improved force scream really helps take care of the mercenaries some people mention having trouble with on Telos.

Nar Shadaa is one of my favourite sections in the game, from start to finish. Plus, it's been a long while since I'd originally visited there in the first Jedi Knight game, so it was nicely nostalgic, even though it felt like a very different place (I guess 4000 years will do that to a planet). My biggest complaint, which is more a playing style thing anyway, is making sure you've equipped/unequipped the right gear for each character once you hit the 'meeting the exchange' section through to Goto's yacht.

@the Kreia fans above - add another member to your ranks ;)

TKA-001
04-22-2009, 08:36 AM
lolwut
It's a big city-planet that's infested with crime and lawlessness in most places.

Qui-Gon Glenn
05-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Korriban: I played the same modules already in K1. Lighting things differently was not that impressive, and the cave scenes are just ok for me dawg.

TSLRP will change all of your opinions on Malachor.... a huge improvement, with roles for your NPC's. This is not an invitation to start spamming me or this thread on off-topicness, btw. If you want to discuss TSLRP, PM me.

Blix
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh I just had to say Malachor V was the worst, it felt totally rushed and the idea of duking it out with huge storm beasts as a teeny remote is um...scary :(.

Allronix
05-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Peragus is annoying as hell after the first playthrough. It's a lot of hoops to jump over and through as you're sitting there going "when is my game gonna start?"

I liked Taris with its varying sidequests, plenty of interaction, and interesting characters. It was a great place to lay the groundwork for your character. Was she a scoundrel with a heart of gold or a black-hearted merc who'd kill her mum for a few credits?

Peragus didn't offer much in terms of that opportunity. You had to wait until Telos to determine how your Exile operated. It was overly-complicated and not much fun.

Malachor was nothing more than a big hack and slash. It could have been SO MUCH MORE (damn you, cut content)!

Q
05-13-2009, 02:35 AM
The ambient lighting ruined the mood that Peragus was meant to convey. Someone should make a mod for Peragus that lowers the amount of light to a more creepy level.

I voted for Malachor, but none of the areas in KotOR2 was all that interesting, IMO. The main story is what made the game worth playing.

Lord of Hunger
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
I'd also like a mod to fix Peragus/Harbinger's lighting. Also, it'd be cool if some of the mining droids you encounter have personality, a little dialog here and there would be nice....

Actually, Canderis told me that he's working on a mod that improves existing content in TSL. It's called the TSLECE, and it's one of his side projects.

redmark
05-15-2009, 11:27 AM
For me it was GOTO and his ship . The rest were ok but I don't play the game for it's 3D nice looking landscape . Kreia made the game worthwhile for me :D

Add to that , the game kept crashing so it made it hard to play over and over when Kotor 1 has no bug . (so far I didn't see any) . Switching from your Jedi to Atton and so on , made it less fun .

Miltiades
05-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Peragus was awesome. :D I actually liked Telos, except the exterior bits.

Korriban or Dantooine would be my least favorite. Korriban gets a wild card because of the tomb of Ludo Kressh. Dantooine feels like a chore all the way through, partly because it's a recycled KotOR 1 planet. And looking for Vrook isn't particularly motivating.

Totenkopf
05-15-2009, 07:11 PM
It's a hard call, actually. There were a lot of planets that weren't very inspired. I liked the game as a whole rather than for any of its individual parts. I'd say either Peragus or GOTO's ship were areas I'd prefer to be able to skip.

R2-X2
05-19-2009, 06:20 PM
First: Malachor is the most annoying.

TSL has bigger areas, but just less then thehalf as much as K1.
Malachor was damn boring, because all stormbeasts got down with one slash, and I had more than 40 wisdom and 500 fp, so all the sith assasins got down with max. two force storms. Malachor is too easy and, that gas mines drived me crazy, because I ha to use master heal/ force breath (or what the force power against poison is named), and it was just using force speed, running, running, running, slashin an enemy down, running, using force, running....

The first power I selected on my second playthrough was force speed because I can't play TSL without it because that damn long ways from A to B and the missing rapid transit system to the Ebon Hawk.

Just my statement :p