PDA

View Full Version : So, Which Side Are YOU On?

Sabretooth
12-21-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm surprised nobody made a thread on this yet. The ultimate question that will decide your role in the grand events of The Old Republic and the consequences thereof.

Are you with the Jedi? With the Sith? Do you hate both sides and want to play it solo? Well you sell your services to the highest bidder?

And why? Do you match their philosophies? Do you just find them cool? Do you think you'll get more goodies on their side?

Jeff
12-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Pretty sure I'll end up rolling a Jedi at first. They just match my personality, I find it a lot harder to play Dark side in KotOR and other games than I do to play the good guy.

Jae Onasi
12-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Probably Jedi, but I'd like to see which sides there actually are before deciding. :)

adamqd
12-21-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm with Moeller, my natural instinct is to do the "Right" thing, and whether I'm roleplaying or not I usually go Jedi

Alkonium
12-21-2008, 01:09 PM
My main will probably be a male human Jedi. With Auburn hair and a goatee, and a blue lightsaber, and will be a blatant ripoff of someone from the films. That being said, I'll probably make a Sith alt. Actually, my main'll have black hair. They always do.

Un4tun8
12-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Agree with adamqd, going to do the "Right" thing and join with ... Sith :)
What's the difference between Non-aligned and Freelance? I understand the former are those that are not going to play the game, right?

jonathan7
12-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Jedi! Always, I'm too much of a pansy to be nasty to people in KotOR.

Sabretooth
12-21-2008, 01:42 PM
I'll be freelance! Not really a mercenary, but I'll do what I think is right. Go Kreiasophy!

Zerimar Nyliram
12-21-2008, 01:52 PM
I intend to create two characters: one a Jedi with the Republic, and one a Sith from the Sith Empire. I plan on playing each of them as following their respective paths for a while -- the Jedi making exclusively light choices while the Sith makes exclusively dark choices -- and then have them swap, with the Jedi falling to the dark side and the Sith being redeemed. It will be interesting to see the consequences of their actions within their respective governments.

Zakalwe
12-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Of the two "sides" (Jedi/Sith) I prefer to go badass and play Sith, but what I'm really looking for is some confirmation on what other classes will be available. Bounty Hunters, Assassins, Smugglers etc. Not everyone wants to be an UFU (Uber Force User).

SW01
12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Sith. I like the lightning attack and red sabres.:lol:

I've always preferred the dark side in SW games...and with the Sith faction being an Empire, ruled by an Emperor - it'll be impossible to resist!

Also, the Sith officers have nicer uniforms than the Republic!

Not everyone wants to be an UFU (Uber Force User).

Quite right. If I can be a Sith military officer, that's me sorted!

Sedias
12-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Yoda. Just because he's mean and he's green. Seriously though, I'm hoping for some other classes like Zak listed above. Bounty Hunter or Smuggler would be the top two for me. I hope TOR doesn't focus solely on the Force Classes. That would be kind of silly.

As for Bounty Hunter or Smugler: while all the Jedi and Sith are running around with their "glow sticks", I'll by making my way in the galaxy. ;)

Zakalwe
12-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Despite this being the age of Jedi and Sith, when they were, I suppose, prominent, they were NO WAY the most populace group in the galaxy and Ihope this game reflects that. I understand that the glow sticks will be the major draw for a lot of players, but I suppose I just want an experience where that kind of power is earned (and can be lost) through working at it, not granted from the start.

Darth_Lamentus
12-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Sith all the way. Nothing better than running around in the JK series Force Storming a room full of 'troopers, watching them bound off stuff like ragdolls, or Force Crushing your opponents in KOTOR2.

Best line from any Star Wars game:
On Nar Shadaa-
Exile: "You want to walk off the egde of the platform"
NPC: "Yes...its the quickest way...to the ground.."

jrrtoken
12-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Freelance, i.e., Gray Jedi. I suppose that entitles me to a gray robe as well.

mur'phon
12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
Freelance do gooder, because if the universe has to be black/white, why not be nice? FTR: my choice has nothing to do with goodies always wining in SW, nor with the sith fetish of putting colloured sticks into their friends:D

Pho3nix
12-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Probably Freelance or Sith.

Rev7
12-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Probably Freelance/non-aligned. Learn both Light and Dark and use them accordingly making the choices that I think are right. Neither side is perfect, so I think that the grey (if there is one) is probably the best option for me.

If there is no option for that, I am gonna have to go with LS Jedi

TriggerGod
12-21-2008, 06:32 PM
I'd probably be a Sith, but, like Jae, I'd like to see what sides there are to choose from. If anything, I might be a Mandalorian trained to be a Sith, doing freelance merc work for anyone and everyone. Includes being an assassin.

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
12-21-2008, 07:19 PM
same! i cant stand being darkside!
but who knows? i might surprise myself...

Chevron 7 locke
12-21-2008, 07:28 PM
I shall be a Jedi! I just can't be mean to people...it's just not in me

Hayden Kered
12-22-2008, 12:47 AM
I'll be a Jedi. My personality matches with them. Though I probably will be like Qui-Gon Jinn, follow the order but "do what I must" even if it means to defy the Code.

Nedak
12-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Shouldn't the option be "Republic or Sith"

since you can't choose anything else?

Commander Obi-Wan
12-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Probably Freelance or Sith.

If I play it, I'd be either of those two.

Scars Unseen
12-22-2008, 03:39 AM
I'm with whoever has the biggest wallet.

Jason Skywalker
12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
Jedi.

I don't feel right playing Sith, like many have said.

And that IS if i actually play it.

Litofsky
12-22-2008, 08:04 AM
I'll be freelance! Not really a mercenary, but I'll do what I think is right. Go Kreiasophy!
Non-alignment, for this very reason, Sabre. However, if the main story won't allow for a neutral/Gray Jedi path, I'll probably end up going with the Jedi, seeing as how I normally play light-side.

Blix
12-22-2008, 11:32 AM
I'd rather play as a neutral bounty hunter, but most likely LS Jedi if I ever play it...

Zakalwe
12-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Shouldn't the option be "Republic or Sith"

since you can't choose anything else?

I really, really hope not. Launching an MMO with two classes is a recipe for disaster.

Iron Rose
12-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Sith, I have always been drawn to the sith philosophy of power. My character won't be evil, but he will definatly act like a sith.

Nedak
12-22-2008, 02:09 PM
I really, really hope not. Launching an MMO with two classes is a recipe for disaster.

This is a thread of choosing faction.. not profession..

TheRogueForums
12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
Seeing as how you *have* to choose a faction, I'll be siding with the Republic. You can still have a little evil fun here and there, and you can be a Jedi. Far better than becoming a Sith :)

Nedak
12-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Seeing as how you *have* to choose a faction, I'll be siding with the Republic. You can still have a little evil fun here and there, and you can be a Jedi. Far better than becoming a Sith :)

ditto.

SpartanPride
12-23-2008, 03:43 PM
I was hoping to be a Mandalorian if that's possible...

Jeff
12-23-2008, 03:52 PM
The only playable factions in the game are Republic and Sith, as far as we know.

SpartanPride
12-23-2008, 04:39 PM
^ I know - kind of sad :'(

Fredi
12-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Hmm I will provably start as a Jedi. I'm a good guy but I like doing bad things sometimes lol.

Steve-O Kreesh
12-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Jedi.

But I'm a smarta$$ by nature, so I'll probably end up being a Grey Jedi. :)

Rinku
12-23-2008, 07:07 PM
I'll be a jedi. If you can, I will be a Mandalorian also.

Razgriz1928
12-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I honestly won't be able to make a decision until they release more information about what benifits each side has.

SW01
12-24-2008, 05:05 AM
I honestly won't be able to make a decision until they release more information about what benifits each side has.

I'm guessing:

Jedi - lose lots of credits helping people; spout about 'peace' and all that; have your pacifist, non-aggressive (for the most part) force powers; get a feeling of moral satisfaction.

Sith - stick a lightsabre through the above.

Decisions, decisions...:xp:

Nedak
12-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm guessing:

Jedi - lose lots of credits helping people; spout about 'peace' and all that; have your pacifist, non-aggressive (for the most part) force powers; get a feeling of moral satisfaction.

Sith - stick a lightsabre through the above.

Decisions, decisions...:xp:

The problem is that all the little kiddies will be Sith since it's the "UBR1337".

"OMGZ iwant 2 b darth vadr"

Feagildin
01-04-2009, 09:56 PM
I am so siding with the Sith Empire. My first choice would be some class that uses heavy firepower, like a rocket launcher or chaingun, but I'd gladly become a Sith Consular just as soon.:D

The Sith are so much more appealing to me, they use their passion as a fuel for their power. And I'm an absolutist and a fundamentalist, I like Bush, the Decepticons, and red lightsabers. /randomness

LordOfTheFish
01-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Sith to the bone.

Nero Eindride
01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
I would be a jedi with a litle taste of evil (Hopefully you can still get their force powers) or a Grey Jedi.

Rathoris
01-06-2009, 04:17 PM
i won't be a jedi because they have proper ideals or anything. You can join the sith and still be a goody goody so that's not really an issue. That's why i'm aiming for 2 mains at launch and then see whichever side is more fun :xp:

LordOfTheFish
01-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Ha! That's funny, because I felt that same way at first. I got over it though. Killing people for fun became addicting... :^:

GeneralPloKoon
01-06-2009, 08:10 PM
If I do get the game I will attempt to be on nobody's side, maybe a bounty hunter....with a lightsaber!(if possible)

Blessèd Sith
01-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Omgs >___<! I so wish I was still Sith... *sigh* This would have been the ultimate game to flex my Sithly muscles....

As it is though, I'll definately be Jedi... Though maybe I'll have a Sith charrie at some point, y'know, for old times sakes ^______^

And some sort of mercenary would be a lot of fun too...

But Jedi to start!

The_Catto
01-12-2009, 08:17 AM
If I can, a Grey Jedi.
Just not up for the whole have to be Sith or Jedi thing. I would rather have my own philosophy and not be with either one, but .. If I have to choose .. I would probably choose Sith.

I wouldn't be mean per se to get what I want, but I would rather learn all aspects of the Force than just the Light or Dark side. It'll be more helpful.
But if I get that option is another thing altogether unfortuantly :(

Volar the Healer
02-03-2009, 04:14 PM
Without a doubt I will support the Jedi, the Republic, Truth, Justice, and the American way. If I wanted to see evil, I'd watch TV.

Taos
02-03-2009, 04:26 PM
When I played pre-cu SWG, my characters were Imperial and I had a dark jedi. I did it mostly because there were some people here [at LF] that I wanted to play with. It was my first MMO and had zero clue how they worked.

So this time around I'll be a light side/republic etc.

TSi21
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM
The problem is that all the little kiddies will be Sith since it's the "UBR1337".

"OMGZ iwant 2 b darth vadr"

On the plus side, the Sith always betray each other. The first person I hear saying that gets a shiny red energy beam to the face. Hopefully they learn to not be idiots, but if they don't: I can pull the lightsaber to the face trick all day long. :D

The Doctor
02-03-2009, 06:54 PM
Go Kreiasophy!

This should be a poll option. S'what I'll be going for.

Astor
02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
My own. The only person I can trust is myself - that's not to say I wouldn't tolerate working for someone.

Alkonium
02-03-2009, 07:03 PM
About my affiliations, I'll be a Jedi who has serious authority problems, despite being undoubtedly Light Side. In other words, classic Chaotic Good.

GeneralPloKoon
02-03-2009, 10:04 PM
About my affiliations, I'll be a Jedi who has serious authority problems, despite being undoubtedly Light Side. In other words, classic Chaotic Good.

So pretty much Anakin Skywalker pre-Vader.

Vikinor
02-04-2009, 12:48 AM
I hope that they keep the Republic and the Sith empire as factions, but also let you choose to be neutral. Because in Star Wars, just like in life, there is always more than two sides.

And if I play this, I will be siding with the Jedi.

Alkonium
02-04-2009, 01:00 AM
So pretty much Anakin Skywalker pre-Vader.

Well, I suppose, except less likely to turn from Chaotic Good to Lawful Evil the way he did.

adamqd
02-04-2009, 11:23 AM
I'll be as strictly Jedi as the game permit's, I never really understood the Order agreeing to aid the Republic during the Various Wars. "Where keepers of the peace... Not Soldiers"

Aybara
02-24-2009, 01:45 AM
More than likely Jedi, though it can be fun to be destructive and join the Sith... I would rather have my home with the Jedi.

Ibelin
02-24-2009, 08:07 AM
light side forever

Patrucio
02-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Ideally, I'd like to play in a group that was doing something like the "Order of the White Lotus" from Avatar- ie. a group of Sith and Jedi that believe balance needs to be maintained, and work together to sabotage their own groups when they become too successful and generally make sure that neither side gets the upper hand.

Admiral_Thrawn
02-24-2009, 11:23 AM
I'll be Freelance, just trynaa make my way in the universe sorta thing. I love the laid-back attitude you can dish out where-as with Jedi and Sith its all dramatic and Empire Sound Tracks and--. . . zzzZZZzzz . . .

Bee Hoon
02-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Either Jedi or go grey ;O It's the new black!

Gurges-Ahter
02-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Without knowing much detail about how the game works yet, I'm guessing I'll choose Sith to start with, but work my way to the light side. I think the story line just seems interesting following that path.

LordOfTheFish
02-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I couldn't agree more. The vibe sith give off is just, "Yessss!"

Miltiades
03-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I hope for a more independent manner of going through the story as well, which parallels a "grey" alignment of my character (I hope for bonuses for grey alignment). But I'll probably end up with the Jedi anyway. :p

kotorfan84
03-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I'll be a jedi........that turns to the dark side

TSR
03-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Freelance, no hesitation. Wanna get my smuggling back on again like when Galaxies was fun.

Not really read up on the details of this game too much yet, but I hope i can get to show my snazzy piloting skills in an MMO once more.

M@RS
03-07-2009, 06:52 PM
I'd probably go Jedi, but I'd probably be more of a Grey Jedi... :xp:

Jedi-Heady
03-30-2009, 12:39 PM
The Sith. Mwah ha ha ha har!
Always!

Sisiana
04-18-2009, 07:52 PM
I like the Jedi philosophy but usually the Jedi follow the letter of the law verses the spirit of the law. (i.e. Vrook) Their logic seems flawed as well. Not my style.

The Sith philosophy made a strange sort of sense but I always thought of the Sith as some poor nerds from school who got picked on by the popular kids and now they want revenge by going homicidal. (Malak, anyone?)

I will either be a reluctant, saucy Jedi or a freelance smuggler with a heart of gold! :thmbup1:

Gothic90
04-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I would probably be a Jedi
but then again Jedi doesn't mean I have to be politically aligned to the republic...so I chose "non-aligned"

Tommycat
04-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Well... Far as I can tell IF they have smuggler, it's gonna be on the republic side. Smuggler has always been my calling. I'll be as close to the middle ground as possible. Jedi and Sith are two sides of the same coin. The coin I hope ends up in my pocket...

Lord Spitfire
04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
The problem with me is, that whenever I play a good RPG, I always do what I would do if I was the character, which is obviously light side.

Whenever I play dark side in KotOR or Mass Effect, it doesn't feel right, somehow. But for some reason, in Fallout 3 I can't help but kill everybody I see. :p

Anyways, I would like to have three characters. My main one would be a jedi who fights for the Republic. Not Uber-powerful, but an overall cool character who follows the light side and does good deeds but at the same time disagrees with most of the Jedi teachings. My second would probably be a mercanary who goes around and fights for money. My third will be a cold, heartless Sith.

Think I got all the bases covered.

OFF TOPIC: Btw, Miltiades, nice avatar, man! Sylar FTW. :D

Lord of Hunger
04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Ugh, this IS actually hard to do.

The only reason I'd want to play as a Jedi is because I hate electrocuting kittens and stealing money from senior citizens.

On the other hand, I hate the Jedi because they are actually worse than the Sith in so many ways I can't list right now. They are downright hypocritical, ineffective, arrogant, and on the whole WORTHLESS.

So I'm going to go with the Sith because you know what? Sure they've done some heinous stuff, but so have the Jedi (both direct and complicity). As Atton said, "At least the Sith are honest about what they are fighting for." Plus my person views support passion over "peace"/stagnation. The way I see it, the Jedi mind wash people into denying their true natures and expect them not to be dysfunctional. The Sith take control of their destiny, harness their emotions in order to obtain victory.

And I cannot honestly work for a blatantly corrupt government like the Galactic Republic. Plus they pretend to offer freedom.... As long as there is someone with more power than you, you can never have true freedom, so the essential promise of democracy is a lie. If I am going to be ruled by an oligarchy I would rather the oligarchs be honest about it rather than selling me pointless idealism.

So I'm joining the Sith, even if I have to steal candy from babies to do it.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Darkstarr
04-29-2009, 01:41 PM
I will be all about the Sith, because after all, evil will always triumph because good is dumb. ;)

knight 12167
05-29-2009, 06:46 PM
Jedi all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!

go lightside!!!!!!!!!!!

Droideka7
05-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll be a jedi, I couldn't stand being evil in k1, it's just not how I am. However, I will follow the Kreian idea in that I will look at both sides of the coin, because the Sith history is just as rich as the Jedi history. My main character will be Jedi but I will make a side character as a Sith (preferably with an awesome costume like Revan :thmbup1:) and possibly yet another side character as a Chaotic Good Mandalorian/Republic Trooper. That's if mandalorians are a class/race in this game.

Lord Foley
05-31-2009, 02:01 PM
I'll definitely sign up for the Jedi, but I usually try to remain grey in actual alignment.

Nemez0r
06-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Im gonna be sith srsly... i cant stand beeing all goodie goodie... no fun and makes my skin crawl... i end up beeing disgusted with my own char

thrawn2034
06-09-2009, 02:28 PM
Sith till the end.

ironheart
06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm thinking Jedi. But only so I can go about that nice long fall to the dark side. XD I'm guessing there's no neutral Force users... Hmph. No love for the Jolee way.

velinos
06-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I tend to play the good side. But I also often try to help out the underdog/outnumbered side.But with 4 unique classes each one is announced peoples allegiance can change. Alos depends on what my friends decide they want to play.

Grafnor
06-26-2009, 04:52 AM
I wanna be the guy that the Emperor looks at and says "D*%n, that's one evil mutha". Hopefully I can get all of my sadistic tendencies out through the game so that I can stop killing kittens.

Hunted
06-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Knowing me, I'll probably run at least one from each side. I'll want to try the bounty hunter and smuggler for sure as well as both of the force-sensitive classes.

DarthAwesome
06-30-2009, 07:35 PM
The problem with me is, that whenever I play a good RPG, I always do what I would do if I was the character, which is obviously light side.

Whenever I play dark side in KotOR or Mass Effect, it doesn't feel right, somehow.

Same with me. I always end up modeling the character after myself and try to do what I would do in real life. :p
I will definitely be following the path of the jedi. :thmbup1:

Lukarnus
07-01-2009, 06:52 AM
I wonder if the people who want a main in both the republic and empire camps realise that like most MMo out there you will probably need 2 accounts and 2 subs to do this. The reason for this is to stop what is known as cross-realming. Which is where one side farms the other for gear/exp/whatever with the others consent which gives one side an unfair advantage.

Anyway I'll be going Sith as wholesale slaughter and destruction are far more fun than healing and protecting.

Da_Man_2423
07-01-2009, 07:05 AM
I wonder if the people who want a main in both the republic and empire camps realise that like most MMo out there you will probably need 2 accounts and 2 subs to do this. The reason for this is to stop what is known as cross-realming. Which is where one side farms the other for gear/exp/whatever with the others consent which gives one side an unfair advantage.

I don't recall needing multiple accounts for multiple factions in WoW.

BioWare hasn't stated anything about the servers yet or what will be possible with them, have they? If so, please link it.

On-topic: I'll be rollin' both sides.

Lukarnus
07-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Wow - Why the hostility? I was merely pointing out that not all MMOs allow cross-realming. Just because WoW allows it doesn't mean TOR will.

Da_Man_2423
07-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Unless I'm using all caps or flaming, don't assume anything. Sorry if I came off aggressive. Just wanted to know if maybe I had missed something. I only pointed out WoW 'cause it's like the biggest thing on the planet for 11 million people, and it's what BW and LA are attempting to take down.

MacTavish
07-01-2009, 10:29 AM

That's only for PvP realms though, I think. In WoW, I was in a PvE realm and I had multiple Alliance and Horde characters all in the same realm.

MacTavish
07-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Gonna play as Jedi first, then Bounty Hunter, and finally Sith.

Linda Lobsta Defenda
07-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Sith. Usually I play the good side but what can I say I actually like the pale veiny look of the dark side. As for force user or not, well lets see what else will come out.

But dark side gets my vote!

Tobias Reiper
07-03-2009, 03:38 PM
I'm probably gonna roll Jedi, because I have this extremely annoying quality of being the Nice Guy in games, and no matter what, I always end up being the hero, if I tried being the bad guy, I'd only end up turning good halfway through the game.

calvin521
07-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I think I will pick republic for the trooper class. That and the bad guys never win. I will have to see how the classes play out. The class I am most interested right now is the tooper class.

BountyHunterMat
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
its the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire
Gawd Get it right! :P

Soogz
07-16-2009, 12:38 AM
I mean, my name was Darth Soogz, until recently... That should be a pretty good hint to what side I am on.. ;)

Trench
07-16-2009, 01:04 AM
Non-aligned. I'll kick everyone's shebs.:xp:
I'd most likely be a bounty hunter who speaks some Mando'a.:D

Gurges-Ahter
07-16-2009, 07:13 PM
I chose Sith also, although I plan on playing as a Sith who makes the "right" choices. The story-line seems more interesting to me that way. Plus I like skirting the edges and being mostly gray.

Master Shake
07-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Sith, they know what they want.

Anakin22
08-02-2009, 04:17 AM
Yoda, as loyal as a pet companion. Yoda known the Order and the Dark Jedi's powers. Old to see 800 human-life force years, have seen Jedi raises and falls through time. I'll fight for Yoda, knowin' that Yoda wouldn't betray my livelyhood at stake.

purifier
08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
My best answer for this would be...the side that wins of course. :)

I picked Freelance.

PREDKZL
08-17-2009, 12:05 PM
always been a good guy (dunno why its not my personality)

going very sith and MAYBE work my way back

John Galt
08-17-2009, 02:39 PM
grey Jedi, if it's available. Failing that, Sith

Rok_stoned
09-02-2009, 04:52 PM
What?!?! No Decepticons option?

I would like to plunge down the button over Sith, but I know I'll sell out and play whatever the rest of my friends and brother are. :P

Master omega
09-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Just to say what Ive noticed due to the morale choices you make in game looks like it kinda dost matter what side you inanely chose to go because you can be a Sith that makes moral choice to save people e.g chosse not to kill them (jedi like) ''Kill them for being weaklings'' (Sith like) again Jedi with ''why don't we just kill them'' (sith like) ''talk them out off fighting'' (jedi like) so the choice could be somewhat redundant based on your Choices. So wouldnt be shocked if you chould swich sides based on how you play game.

zombie_melvin
09-21-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm gonna join the sith. I've always played the darkside in KoTOR and KoTOR2 so I'll do it once again. Long live the Sith Empire!

darthfergie
09-21-2009, 04:43 PM
What?!?! No Decepticons option?

I would like to plunge down the button over Sith, but I know I'll sell out and play whatever the rest of my friends and brother are. :P

I'm with you. I'd like to say that I'd go with Sith...but past experience says I'll just go with what my friends pick.

(SWG - initial character made was Imp, but friends went Rebels, WoW - initial character made was Horde, friends went Alliance)

So I'm guessing I'll end up Republic sided...

Feagildin
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm with you. I'd like to say that I'd go with Sith...but past experience says I'll just go with what my friends pick.

(SWG - initial character made was Imp, but friends went Rebels, WoW - initial character made was Horde, friends went Alliance)

So I'm guessing I'll end up Republic sided...

Ditto. Except I wasn't around in the community for SWG. But yeah, a couple friends have already said they'll play Sith, but I'm assuming that the rest of them will choose Republic and I'll end up torn....again...into two different factions.

Kejoin
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm deciding, Sith Inquisitor looks cool, but my best freind is going to be Jedi, but my sis and her husband are gonna be sith too, hmmm...

dswtor
08-08-2010, 03:59 PM
obviously more jedi then sith...

PoiuyWired
09-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Well, everyone would want to play more than one fraction. Maybe they have one main character/fraction, but they would still want to try others.

You may be restricted to one fraction per server, but I don't think they would be stupid enough to restrict one fraction per account; which means people would have to own multiple accounts, and that is totally a female dog.

You bat I am going to play both sides, even if it means getting two accounts.

Darth Avlectus
11-08-2010, 04:54 PM
^^^Seconded.

Theoretically IFF I were to play:

Life is a fluid thing and I don't like restricting myself to labels and crap. :p

Would have to sample both sides of the war. Freelance if I possibly can.

Seeing as how I have done political and/or serious debate here on LF I could be a spy, or agent. I could be sneaky, so scoundrel type for that also...

Considering I'm a swordsman of sorts IRL, I guess at one point I'd don the badass lightsabers as a knight or a warrior... (if I possibly can, I'll probably use violet if on the dark side instead of just red).

I also do like controlling situations, so I'd also give consular/inquisitor a go.

In general if I wanted to cause mayhem I'd be either a soldier or a mando bounty hunter.

Not really sure... I'll see how this "fatal alliance" novel goes and possibly the "deceived" novel yet to be released, before deciding. (Then again, I'm not sure how my eMachines T5274 would hold up so I probably will need a new machine!)

EDIT:
:dev11: I JUST GOT A HANKERING TO FORCE-STRANGLE GIGANTIC ALIEN PREDATORS AND SHRED THROUGH INNOCENT BYSTANDERS!!! 2 BLADES, ONE PURPLE & ONE RED!!! :dev11:

My eyes are turning orange and my skin is turning gray. I guess we know where I'm starting out. :dev11:

deadplayer
11-22-2010, 03:26 AM
I would probably choose to be a Jedi! It just suits me and my personality:)

Darca Lar
11-26-2010, 11:11 AM
I hate picking sides, Jedi restrict and Sith are deceitful. I'm not aligned, though I want cash so I'm freelance. haha

kkj.droid
12-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Sith all the way. Sith Lord. I always go all Force because if I can deflect blaster bolts and melee fighters can't touch me, I win. I hope that I don't run into the "I can't run out of FP and I keep getting more" conundrum though. As a Sith Lord on KotOR 2 I have ~700 FP and even neutral attacks take me down one pixel and then back up one pixel on a 1280x1024 monitor.

LordVader1
04-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Jedi. When it Comes out im gonna be the Jedi Knight

.:Lord Revan:.
04-19-2011, 12:32 PM
Sith, nothing better.....unless it is a hot bounty hunter :naughty:

SITH LORD 872
04-19-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm sure i will start out as a Jedi, Then by some unseen events, Become a Sith Lord!!

Microdotts
04-23-2011, 06:55 AM
The Sith will rule the galaxy!

LordVader1
04-24-2011, 08:13 PM
I saw some Combat Tactics online on the Classes And id Recommend Jedi Knight [ MY OPINION ]

Type Back " (|) " If you agree!!!

SITH LORD 872
04-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Agree:thmbup1:

iSithedMyPants
05-08-2011, 01:59 PM
I haven't decided on what path I will take. I suppose i'll just make decisions based on my feelings at the particular moment of time. Buuuuut.. if I had to choose a faction i'm probably leaning towards the sith empire... Whether or not I will be good or evil... welllll i guess that will be decided over the course of the game. No point choosing my fate before theres food on my plate :P

Sp!ker
06-26-2011, 08:17 AM
can i somehow change a sides? (for ex. from jedi to sith) ?

adamqd
06-26-2011, 08:24 AM
I'm not quite sure but I'm pretty sure your Character is stuck in a faction, probably because you follow a character storyline and build, there is no Sith Jedi, or Sith Smuggler, so you just build another toon to be in both factions.

Droma Nise
10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
I am on my SIDE!! After all, it about character development and being the baddest in some ways.

Soromonu
11-05-2011, 10:24 AM
SITH

ChAiNz.2da
11-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Voted "Yoda" but only because I tend to be an alt-maniac. Will wind up with alts for pretty much most if not all factions.

I DO tend to lean lightside at first (personal quirk) but I can't deny the attraction to the Sith (and freelance) if only to get the most bang for my buck with the game :D

I want to explore it all.. hehe

Darth Alexander
12-19-2011, 07:42 PM
time for the sith to rise!

Bomnus
12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Voted for Jedi.

Usually I tend to stick to the Sith philosophy if it comes down to role-play and SW:JK3, but I decided to give the Jedi a go. So far I'm enjoying it completely and I think a Jedi Sage will remain my main character. Only time will tell however.