PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite alien species?

Cattpride
01-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Which is your LEAST favorite species in this game? I'm only putting in the ones that are seen often.
Mine are Quarrens. Ugh! Slimy, greedy squid heads. :fist:

jrrtoken
01-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Ithorians. Obsidian needed to give them more than just several VOs, especially in Citadel Station. Chodo Habat repeated the same damn lines far too often.

GeneralPloKoon
01-17-2009, 05:54 PM
I've always hated Devaronians...

Samnmax221
01-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Lizard People.

Endorenna
01-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Ithorians, just on principle. -_- They annoy the heck outta me...

How can you include Twi'leks on the list? :lol:

Chevron 7 locke
01-17-2009, 08:27 PM
I hate Quarrens...they just look so weird and they always seem to be involved in something illegial

Darth_Yuthura
01-17-2009, 08:52 PM
I really would have selected a majority of the species on this list, but I'm only limited to one. Pretty much any/everything employed by the Hutts are on my list. (Twi'leks are enslaved, not employed... so they're alright by me)

Andurilblade
01-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Duros. Definately. They have absolutely NO character. At least Hutts actually do something.

Just an FYI. It's Trandoshans, not Trendoshans.

And BTW, Welcome to the forums, Cattpride!

Cattpride
01-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Ithorians, just on principle. -_- They annoy the heck outta me...

How can you include Twi'leks on the list? :lol:

LOL, who doesn't like Twi'Leks? :xp:
I just ran out of good species. I had the Zeltrons on there, but seeing that there is only one Zeltron in the whole game (Luxa), it wasn't worth it.
Maybe I could replace them with Gand, Chadera-Fan (bat-mouse dudes), or Humans. Those dang humans always doing stuff! :nut:

knight 12167
01-18-2009, 01:52 AM
Rodians are allways trying to come and violently murder me so they get my vote.And I hate the language too!

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
01-18-2009, 03:15 AM
hutts. totally.

i feel so sorry for those poor enslaved twilek girls! they need to wake up one day and find they have super powers... and then proceed to castrate their hutt. (or whatever equivalent such would be for hutts)

oh, and welcome to LF, Cattpride! cats rule.

CommanderQ
01-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Quarrens are indeed a nuisance...I HATE them...ahem:D

How could you include wookiees!!! They are so happy and furry and fuzzy and filled with joy as they rip arms off and roar and scream and be fiiled with joy!!! Well, I guess wookiees aren't for everyone:D

Welcome to the forums, Catt! Awesome Avvy!

TKA-001
01-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Quarren, but only because so much of Slusk's dialogue in K2 is unskippable, forcing me to wait for an additional ten seconds after reading the subtitles. Aside from that, they're unremarkable.

Ctrl Alt Del
01-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Aqualish. Ugly, @ss faced, violent morons. KotOR only shows the most stupid of Aqualish races.

Blix
01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Mine would have to be either Nikto, Weequay, or Rodians. I've had to cut doen a TON of Nikto's in Taris in KI, and I had to kill more Gands than I needed to. So I guess Gands are pretty annoying too..

Cattpride
01-18-2009, 07:24 PM
Aqualish. Ugly, @ss faced, violent morons. KotOR only shows the most stupid of Aqualish races.

"An Aqualish merchant? Shouldn't you be roughing up some Bith for credits?"
So true. But it seems like Twi'leks and Rodians try to kill you more often than Aqualish. Hmmmm?

Ctrl Alt Del
01-18-2009, 07:38 PM
^ More of them out on space than those abhorrent arachnides. So odds are there are more twi'lek scum over the galaxy.

DeadYorick
01-19-2009, 12:09 AM
I am going with Aqualish. Every time I picture one I just want to cut off it's arm

WindraSkywalker
01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Gammoreans, those overgrown pigheads..

Ctrl Alt Del
01-23-2009, 03:22 PM
Oh, gamorreans are bad too, they just lose to the aqualish on those terms.

Bee Hoon
01-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Selkath! D: Why are they not listed? DIE SELKATH DIE!

SW01
01-24-2009, 11:34 AM

:golfclap:

That would get my vote!

As-is...probably Trandoshan. Never liked them at all, really.

TKA-001
01-24-2009, 11:38 AM
It occurs to me that we'd all make model Imperial officers, based on the results of this poll.

Endorenna
01-24-2009, 12:46 PM

I knew I was forgetting a species when I voted!!!!! DEATH TO ALL SELKATH!!!!! THANKS TO THE SITH OF THE TOR ERA FOR BOMBING MANAAN!!!!!

CommanderQ
01-24-2009, 01:19 PM
It occurs to me that we'd all make model Imperial officers, based on the results of this poll.

Hurrah!! DEATH TO ALL ALIEN SPECIES!!:D

Ctrl Alt Del
01-24-2009, 04:20 PM

Aliens are overrated anyway.

Sabretooth
01-25-2009, 09:02 AM
I hate the Ithorians, they look weird, talk weird and just look plain out wrong. I winced every time they walk.

Other than them, I'd say Wookiees because they're waaay overrated. Sure, Chewie was cute and all, but a whole planet full of those damn furballs makes me pissed. Still, the wookiees in Republic Commando were pretty awesome: they were the vision of what wookiees should be and look like; huge, powerful and awesome.

Blix
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Selkath are pretty annoying, hassling off-worlders this way and that way. Ugnaughts get my vote for fugliest species...

Rachel_Ewok
01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Definently Aqualish. Ugly. Stupid. Hate their voice.

Despise Quarrens too. Especially how whats-his-face can say the word "Mira" in about 10 sentences. ><

Blix
01-26-2009, 07:27 PM
Loppak Slusk??

JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
01-27-2009, 02:22 AM
Hurrah!! DEATH TO ALL ALIEN SPECIES!!

its apparent that CQ was one of the clones that became imps...

mur'phon
01-31-2009, 05:14 AM
Twi'lek, like humans, they are anyoing and everywhere, unlike humans, they spawn vocal fan clubs.

Rev7
02-01-2009, 05:55 AM
I really would have selected a majority of the species on this list, but I'm only limited to one. Pretty much any/everything employed by the Hutts are on my list. (Twi'leks are enslaved, not employed... so they're alright by me)
Same here

Jeff
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Selkath! They made me hate Manaan because of their slow-talking.

Lord Dagron
02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Selkath! They made me hate Manaan because of their slow-talking.

Me too and Ithorians

Nedak
02-02-2009, 09:40 PM
I love Selkath and Ithorians.

I hate Rodians and Trandoshan.

CommanderQ
02-02-2009, 10:14 PM
its apparent that CQ was one of the clones that became imps...

Yes..well...it's all hush hush you know...Yes, I am...Impish, erm Imp....Imperial, yes...LONG LIVE THE EMPEROR!

Selkath are dumb and stupid...we must eliminate them! Like all alien species in KOTOR! :D

Nedak
02-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Selkath are dumb and stupid...we must eliminate them! Like all alien species in KOTOR! :D

But they can be so nice :(

CommanderQ
02-02-2009, 11:13 PM
But they can be so nice :(

True...true...they can be nice people-erm aliens...:(

Zerimar Nyliram
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Sullustan. They talk too damn fast.

Darth Avlectus
02-04-2009, 03:53 AM
I don't really know. I found all of them at some point to be irritating. Disliked Rodians the least since they were usually thugs and hence often bad.

It depends on the individual. Though as a collective I didn't like Selkath too much. Arrogant pompous, slowtalking bastards! You can imagine how much I just loved the FISH FRY mod. They'd be very tasty--speaking as someone who has caught and eaten fish before, and knows how to appreciate a good steak of halibut...Yet still I could find individual examples that were worse than them.

Quarrens could be friendlier I guess.

Feagildin
02-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Sullustan. They remind me of the Spanish language for whatever reason, I don't know why, but that makes me think of my Spanish class in high school, and the end result of being reminded of that class is rage.

Followed closely by Ithorians and Quarren.

ShinDangaioh
04-03-2009, 12:30 AM
Since the fishy, minature organics, and giants made of sand were limited to the first game, I'll hold off on my vote.

Selkath, Jawas, Sand People.

Selkath would be it

Ghost Down
04-03-2009, 06:53 AM
Quarren, they talk to slow..

Fiestainabox
04-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Without fail, Cathar, I like Ithorians, I like Aqualish, can't stand Cathar, everything about Juhani repulses me.

Web Rider
04-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Selkath by and far are the most hated, though from this list, I have to vote for Ithorian, mostly because I wanted to rip out my ears every time I had to listen to either race talk.

Trench
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Gamorrean's by far!
Reasons:
Incredibly Stupid!
Large and pig-like!
Too violent!
Really Ugly!
Always thugs and criminals!

ShinDangaioh
04-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Since Selkath wsn't there, I voted Quarren.

Darth_Yuthura
04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Is it my imagination, or are all these races equally bad? Why would we be interested in knowing which ones agitate us most? With the exception of one, I think all the species on this list are terrible, but I hate them for different reasons.

Ctrl Alt Del
04-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Is it my imagination, or are all these races equally bad? Why would we be interested in knowing which ones agitate us most? With the exception of one, I think all the species on this list are terrible, but I hate them for different reasons.
I think I know which one yo're talking about, internet tough guy. :shades2:

Darth_Yuthura
04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Actually, I really dislike male Twi'leks... so I guess I might say I hate them all.

FaZzZa99
04-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Human, as if we don't get to see enough of them already

SpaceAlex
04-05-2009, 01:00 AM
There's no way I could bring myself to hate an entire species. Even if just one of them is worthy of my respect, it is enough to convince me not to form an opinion of them. :xp:

Admiral_Thrawn
04-05-2009, 03:51 AM
Selkath because;
1. They're fugly.
2. Looking at them make's me yearn for fish and chip's.
3. They're not edible! :(
4. They are peacekeepers--OMG?!!?!??
5. They look like fish.
6. They are fish.
7. They wear stupid clothe's.
8. They are stupid.
9. They sound stupid.
10. They speak slowly and sensibly.
11. They use pussie weapon's.
12. They made that guy in the locker go craaaaaazy. (Looking at them for a couple of hour's almost sent me loopy as well :()
13. They got their own planet.
14. They can swim and I can't.
15. They sell stuff.
16. The stuff they sell is green.
17. The green stuff they sell is stinky.
18. They are friend's with the Republic dog's!!!
19. They were mean to the Sithiez :(
20. They are stupid enough to buy Gizka off of you.
21. Gizka are dumb.
22. They can't be arsed to write long list's like me.
23. The recepionist on Manaan has his own pussie droid.
24. They arrest you for causing one of the biggest tradgedies in all the univserve and kill the progenitor which in fact screw's their race over even me. Cmon, it's not that bad.
I could go on and on but I really want to eat some fish right now . . . damn Selkath . . .

Ctrl Alt Del
04-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Actually, I really dislike male Twi'leks... so I guess I might say I hate them all.Naw, not really. 90% of the Twi'leks we see around are female, and 80% of those are dancers.

Darth_Yuthura
04-05-2009, 05:09 PM
Here is what I dislike about each species.

Quarren: Most in TSL are gangsters with over-inflated stats.
Twi'Lek: Males treat all females like property... hate that kind of society.
Sullustan: Babble all the time... twice as much after being hit by a sonic grenade.
Hutt: Hate everything about them. No redeeming individuals or traits of any kind.
Rodian: They're creepy-looking. (I especially hate those in JK2 with sniper rifles)
Trandoshan: Most are brainless and hostile
Ithorian: Freaky-looking and I hate their annoying and endless talking
Gamorrean: Disgusting thugs that I love getting rid of.
Wookiee: Stats are WAY too high. I can't stand Hanharr's endless roaring... I'm always light side.
Gran: Remind me too much of 'evil' Jawas.
Aqualish:
Bith: Their mouths are freaky and the majority of them are playing in bands behind female Twi'lek dancers.
Weequay: Their voices are annoying and they all look brain dead
Duros : Many are crime families with no idea what they deal with. The only one that is remotely friendly has a shop that only sells pazak cards! The rest are thugs.
Devaronian: They look like devils

Q
04-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Gizka. :p

TSR
04-05-2009, 07:32 PM
I don't really know. I found all of them at some point to be irritating. Disliked Rodians the least since they were usually thugs and hence often bad.

Woah, woah, woah.

Racist.

Sabretooth
04-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Racist.
You mean Speciest.

Trench
04-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Most interesting... a Star Wars site filled with Humancentric Speciests.

Ctrl Alt Del
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Most interesting... a Star Wars site filled with Humancentric Speciests.
Just so you know, we're not all that lenient with those head-tails, insect faces, and butt-mouths (note: see below)

http://www.theforce.net/timetales/tt1-1/aqualish.jpg

out there.

Darth_Yuthura
04-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Are there any species that people find... tolerable?

Iridonian, Chistori, Zebrak, Togruta, Nautolan, ext. the number goes on and on.

I find these to be interesting species. Some very much like humans, but some are very different. Any who would agree that there are just a select number that you simply can't stand for good reason? Maybe those that don't speak galactic basic?

ShinDangaioh
04-06-2009, 09:51 PM
I kind of like the Jawas, despite my comments earlier.

The Sand People are understandable with why they dislike aliens. Aliens invaded their world and turned their planet from a green paradise into a desert.

The Sith before the Dark Jedi enslaved and corrupted them and led them to their deaths during the war with Exar Kun are also somewhat likeable.

Ctrl Alt Del
04-06-2009, 10:09 PM
I always had a crush on the Verpines. Sure, guys look like a bunch of oversized insects, but they always contributed to a few galactic breakthroughs.

Darth Droid
05-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Wookiees. You cannot look me in the eye and tell me you didn't hate their stupid moaning and barking after 10 minutes on Kashyyk in K1.

Trench
05-31-2009, 12:57 PM
*Looks in Darth Droid's eye*

"I didn't hate their moaning and barking on Kashyyyk."

:D

R2-X2
06-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I hate the most the Sullustans, they're just annoying, boring, and speek to fast.

I don't like too: Gammorean, Weequay, Bith, Hutt, Gran, Gand, Devaronians and Cathar. (Creepy creatures...)

Not good, not bad: Twi'leks, Duros, Aqualish, Quarren, Sand people and Human.(Boring guys...)

I like: SELKATH! Ithorian, Wookie, Chadra-Fan, Jawa, Rodian (mostly the crazy ones), Trandoshan, and Nikto. (Wow. Most of them I like are hated by averyone else...)

cire992
06-15-2009, 05:07 AM
Hi I hate Gungans.

mattig89ch
06-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Selkath. I just hate the language, just...anoying.

Demongo
06-22-2009, 04:35 PM
The hutts. They always remind me of.............you know............:barf2:

Insignia_Enithma
06-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Gungans...

All the odd things you rarely see... and Hutts...

Darth_Yuthura
06-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Notice all the bad guys are always human? Why are there no heros or villains which are alien? All these alien races are just there in the background... and most of the time, they're just thugs.

Rtas Vadum
06-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Never been fond of the Ithorians. Namely because of the droning speech that lasts way longer than the time it takes me to read their dialogue.

HdVaderII
06-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Someone should put humans up on that list :D

R2-X2
06-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Iridorian are a human folk (with, seemed so, some Zabrak), and not an alien species.

ganoesparan06
06-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I know the OP was probably limited to how many "races" he could include in the Poll but frankly I think its a bit crap that not one of those was a "human" or "near human" race.

Not one. If we werent talking about a fictional universe here I would say it was racist.

The thing that irritates me most about the Star Wars universe is the clear overwhelming dominance of the humans and near human species in the galaxy.
I mean its understandable in the movies from a practicality stand point, less expensive to have humans with pink coloured skin than it is to create a ithorian puppet. Also from a lore standpoint it makes sense, the Empire was a humanocentric entity so it made sense that it excluded non humans.

But in books, and games like K2, I would have loved to have seen a bit more of the Quarren, or the Mon Calimari, or Wookies, or Bith or whatever. Heck I would have liked to have seen a bit more diversity in the near humans as well. Like the Zeltrons, or Zabraks, or Chiss, or Nagai.

As it is its a case of "oh look humans. and more humans. oh and some aliens in stereotyped roles. oh and some more humans." even in places where frankly humans should NOT be dominant like Hutt space.

EDIT:
For this particular list I will say I dont like the Twileks.

My reason. They all for some mad reason in both games speak Huttese instead of Twilekki. And they all look EXACTLY the same; absolutely no genetic differences whatsoever. Except ya know being different colours.
All the men look and sound the same.
All the women look and sound the same.

And the entire race in the KOTOR series seems to be stereotyped into the sorta slaveling role; or used as a "oh look heres NOT a human" generic placeholder which rapidly and inexplicably makes them the second most populous non human race - which considering they are a pre-hyperspace capable society than has only been transplanted off world by slavers in this era.

EDIT2:
In all fairness however K2 does seem a little better in a diversity sense than K1 is.

Mandalore The Shadow
06-27-2009, 02:48 PM
I love alot of the aliens on the list but i do hate Weequays they are the dumbest creatures in the Star Wars universe