PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help please?

DEM_Provider
02-07-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm new to the modding field, but I know the basics of changing item properties. As a first project, I decided to make a custom implant (K2 by the way). I am having trouble navigating the KotOR Tool directory, and am looking for some help.

I rewrote the properties for e_implant_06.uti the "Quickness D-Package" and was going to create a new custom item. I renamed it e_implant_77.uti
In the GFFEditor, at the very bottom it asks for TemplateResRef. When it was the Quickness Package, it was set to e_implant_06. Where is that file, so I can extract it and create a copy to rename? If anyone can help, much obliged.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this.

DEM

Stream
02-07-2009, 02:08 AM
Hey there welcome to the forums. The TemplateResRef is for the .uti itself so you'd just name it the same as the .uti, e_implant_77 - you don't have to extract anything else.

--Stream

DEM_Provider
02-07-2009, 02:25 AM
Thank you very much, both for the welcome and the info. I just managed to get the implant in-game. However, my custom description isn't working, do you have any suggestions?

glovemaster
02-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Hey, and welcome to the forums :) You want to make sure the description is written in the "Identified Description" field and "Identified" is checked. ;)

IIRC The unidentified field was in NWN but removed from KotOR.

Hope that helps.