PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life : The Movie ?

coupes.
02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Escape From City 17 - Part One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo) | (HD) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1UPMEmCqZo&fmt=18)

Directed by The Purchase Brothers.

The Escape From City 17 short film series is an adaptation based on the Half Life computer game saga by Valve Corporation. Originally envisioned as a project to test out numerous post production techniques, as well as a spec commercial, it ballooned into a multi part series. Filmed guerilla style with no money, no time, no crew, no script, the first two episodes were made from beginning to end on a budget of $500.

enjoy.

GeneralPloKoon
02-13-2009, 11:53 AM
My eyes are in tears!!!! That was amazing! Jeeeeez!

leXX
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
Well, that was quite something. Looking forward to part two.

TiE23
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
O_o

Gabe Newell probably ****s himself.

That was pretty bad ass and makes me think that a HL2 movie would be pretty cool.

BongoBob
02-13-2009, 02:39 PM
That was absolutely f***in amazing.

acdcfanbill
02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Very nice, excellent effects, I only noticed a couple of goofs.

It does have that shaky cam i despise though... :S though this is slightly forgivable given the budget.

MrWally
02-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Very nice, excellent effects, I only noticed a couple of goofs.

It does have that shaky cam i despise though... :S though this is slightly forgivable given the budget.

Yeah. Getting trolleys and steadycams and all of that on a low budget can be pretty difficult.

I really enjoyed this. I played through HL2 recently and kept thinking about how it could be turned into a move so easily. As long as Uwe Boll doesn't pick it up :P

Sabretooth
02-13-2009, 11:55 PM
That is the most awesome thing I've seen this week, almost as pure awesome as that Tetris Trailer. I want to see a feature film from these guys.

Funny though, even I was thinking that a Cloverfield-style movie about Half-Life 2 would be very awesome, preferably as some sort of a small segment in an Animatrix-like anthology feature. I guess it's the cinematic feel of the game and the original artistic design.

DeadYorick
02-14-2009, 12:52 AM
That was very well directed. Exactly how a Half Life film should be directed. Albiet with some first person camera scenes

GeneralPloKoon
02-14-2009, 01:23 AM
My mind is still swarming about it, I can't wait for part two much longer already!