PDA

View Full Version : Cutscene problem...

Ferc Kast
02-16-2009, 06:35 PM
In a cutscene module, I attempted to script the dialog to "pause" while the PC walked to a certain location. The PC walks there perfectly, but the dialog continues as the PC continues walking to the location.

The node, the one which directly follows the node in which I scripted the dialog to "pause" while the PC walks, continues as if the player has finished walking.

PC still moving after the node that "paused" the dialog (http://g.imagehost.org/0181/problem.png) (I blurred the replies so as to avoid showing details of the cutscene.)

This is a snipped version of my script to "pause" the dialog. (I have it in a bigger script, as a string parameter, where everything was already defined.)

if ( iAction == 3 ){
//PC walks into the Chamber
ActionPauseConversation();
AssignCommand(PC, ActionMoveToLocation(lCenter, FALSE));
DelayCommand(1.0, ActionResumeConversation());

}

So, how can I fix my problem? I'm open to suggestions. :)

Ulmont
02-16-2009, 07:07 PM
Well, you could use the time honored tradition of just leaving parts of the dialogue blank. Or using spaces to create a no-text effect. That's what I did during my last walking-speaker.

glovemaster
02-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Try checking "node unskippable" instead to create a short delay of about 3 seconds.

Ferc Kast
02-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Try checking "node unskippable" instead to create a short delay of about 3 seconds.

I tried that and still came up with the same results as before. :confused:

Exile007
02-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I tried that and still came up with the same results as before. :confused:

Did you add '3' to the Delay box?

Silveredge9
02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
It's been a while since I've done any scripting, but try the following:

if ( iAction == 3 ){
//PC walks into the Chamber
ActionPauseConversation();
ActionWait(1.0);
AssignCommand(PC, ActionMoveToLocation(lCenter, FALSE));
ActionResumeConversation();

}

Ferc Kast
02-17-2009, 08:23 PM
I have good news and bad news. The good news: I realized with my script parameters that I forgot to put the else in front of the Actions after the first one. So, it seems to work now.

The bad news: The delay appears to be too short. Though, that's easily corrected.

Thanks for the help, all. :)