PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] Starting Game Script

miro42
02-22-2009, 03:14 AM
I've spent the last two days looking for something similar and found nothing. so I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Maybe I just don't know how to do a proper search.
Anyhoo, I'm trying to start a total conversion mod, nothing ambitious, just maybe a five minute demo for my own pleasure. However, I can't seem to find the script that starts the game off. I'm not even sure if what I'm looking for is a script or dialogue or whatever.
Just to make sure we're all on the same page I will clarify:
After character creation you click on "(6) Play" which then goes to a black screen and starts up the intro movie. So what starts this and where can I find it? Or am I totally off base and this can't be done?
I'd appreciate any help.

zbyl2
02-22-2009, 04:30 AM
No scripting is needed - just create your module (.mod) file and call it 001EBO.mod. It's module that is always loading after character creation.

miro42
02-22-2009, 04:50 AM
Oh hey, thanks alot! Of course, I always try to compicate it!

Ferc Kast
02-22-2009, 09:57 AM
No scripting is needed - just create your module (.mod) file and call it 001EBO.mod. It's module that is always loading after character creation.

Just a little problem with that statement: That's the first module in TSL, not K1. ;)

The K1 starting module is the Endar Spire. So, the module should be called end_m01aa.mod. :)

zbyl2
02-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Ops, right. Well... I should read entire thread next time :xp:

miro42
02-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks Ferc Kast. I would have been searching for 001EBO in KOTOR Tool in Kotor 1 forever!
Still thanks to zbyl2 as well, since that answers my question if I ever plan to mod TSL!

EnderWiggin
02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Of course, make sure you make backups of the original *.mod file to put back when you are done.

Otherwise you'll need to reinstall when you intend to go back to the real game - no fun.

Place your file in the \modules folder as well, not in override.

_EW_

Giant Graffiti
02-22-2009, 09:53 PM
Of course, make sure you make backups of the original *.mod file to put back when you are done.

Actually, K1 uses .rim files. The .mod files bypass .rims so there isn't any reason to back up the files. ;)

miro42
02-22-2009, 10:01 PM
Actually, K1 uses .rim files. The .mod files bypass .rims so there isn't any reason to back up the files. ;)

So TSL uses .mod files then and I would have to back them up?

Giant Graffiti
02-22-2009, 10:03 PM
^^^

Nope, seems I was wrong. I just checked and they both use .rim files.

miro42
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Ah good. One less thing to worry about (if one were to worry).
I guess I could have looked myself. But that's what forums are for! ;)

EnderWiggin
02-22-2009, 10:58 PM

Huh? That's never how we used to do it in the olden days (dark ages :xp:)

Of course, for the most part I always used to script in what I needed so I never did much with *.mod files.

_EW_

Canderis
02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
How'd you do it in the "old days"?