PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] SithRevan Tribute Armor

Mandalore_The_Great
02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
This mod will be a very detailed armor to honor the late SithRevan. A lot of effort will be put into this, mind you.
(I wanted this to look like those t-shirts that say In Loving Memory in the back, with his avatar and some other info on the back, with his name(handle or real if I can find out) in big print on the front. I'm thinking of using a robe, with it being his favorite colors. I would like some other ideas, too.)
Edit: Never mind. Above idea in () is canned. See LadyRevan's post below.

LadyRevan
02-24-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm his twin sister so I can safely say he would greatly appreciate this gesture. :) He would however encourage you to use more of a color scheme to represent the armor rather then a picture on the armor cause it provides more of a theme that would flow with the story line of the game.

I know he loved the armored robe models, specifically the ones the Sith assassins wore (The ones that sorta looked like the Jedi Armored Robes.) His favorite color was black but he also loved the color red just as I do. His name was Matthew but he preferred to go by his alias "SithRevan", he used that named pretty much everywhere and in real life sometimes just "Revan."

I know he also liked things that would REALLY tie into the games story too. He was very big on making everything flow with the builder's scheme. This meaning that you'd be able to find the item in the game and it would have a story attached to it.

My brother also was a very devout Sith, he didn't really care much for the Jedi because of how useless and weak he thought they were.

So if I were to make a recommendation it'd be that this modification's armor would have the colors black and red in it (black being the dominant), would use that armor I mentioned above, would be immersed in the story line somehow, and would be placed on Korriban or Malachore possibly in a tomb or near a place of absolutely power or darkness... and would be solely for KotOR II... he was very attached to that version of the game.

I hope these recommendations help. :)

Wedge Suron
02-24-2009, 11:42 AM
I've not been on much in recent months, what happened to SithRevan?

ZimmMaster
02-24-2009, 12:19 PM
I've not been on much in recent months, what happened to SithRevan?

Go to http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=195484 to find out.

Mandalore_The_Great
02-24-2009, 10:29 PM
I don't have TSL installed, so I would need someone to send me the files or just have someone else do it
Honestly, I was surprised nobody opened a thread about this before. I've heard many people admire his mods.
Anyway, to business. Thank you, LadyRevan. I appreciate the help :) This way it can be much more to his liking. I don't know how to put items into the random loot... I'm much more interested in scripting. I'll figure it out. For the armor, the Sith Assassin armor... you mean this one, correct? http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:NY4TY9hLGETn4M::images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/e/ee/Sith_ass.jpg/250px-Sith_ass.jpg
If that's the case, would you think the mask should be included, too? I always hated those masks for some reason. the eyes seemed too big.
Edit: For placement, I'm thinking of using one of the rooms in Korriban. Maybe use a footlocker and put the armor in there.

Rtas Vadum
02-24-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't have TSL installed, so I would need someone to send me the files or just have someone else do it
Honestly, I was surprised nobody opened a thread about this before. I've heard many people admire his mods.
Anyway, to business. Thank you, LadyRevan. I appreciate the help :) This way it can be much more to his liking. I don't know how to put items into the random loot... I'm much more interested in scripting. I'll figure it out. For the armor, the Sith Assassin armor... you mean this one, correct? http://www.google.com/images?q=tbn:NY4TY9hLGETn4M::images.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/e/ee/Sith_ass.jpg/250px-Sith_ass.jpg
If that's the case, would you think the mask should be included, too? I always hated those masks for some reason. the eyes seemed too big.
Edit: For placement, I'm thinking of using one of the rooms in Korriban. Maybe use a footlocker and put the armor in there.

I wouldn't mind doing the armor reskin. Just tell me how it should be done. :)

LadyRevan
02-25-2009, 12:39 AM

He was actually partial to this armor...

http://gutr.swrebellion.com/aosw/Images/Assassin_News.png

When he was doing that one modification on Trayus Academy he really took an interest in it because of it's unique design to all of the other Jedi robe armors in the game. Not to mention they have a model that does not have the mask on it so it would just be a matter of reskinning and replacing the models and textures in the appearance.2da.

If you want I could help with this modification. Give me a PM about it when you can.

Lord of Hunger
02-25-2009, 12:46 PM
My brother also was a very devout Sith, he didn't really care much for the Jedi because of how useless and weak he thought they were.
Awesome! The two of us would get along very well (in a very Sithy, dark side, kill all farmers/Mon Calamari/Telosians/smart-mouthed aliens/Jedi, betray our masters way). :D

As for the Tribute Armor, it'd be cool to take Revan's armor and mask models and put new black and red skins on them. I'm envisioning the mask being blood red, the hood and other pieces of cloth a darker shade black, and the other metal have a cool new pattern. This armor will be rendered even more complete when Sithspecter's flowing cape and belt model is complete. You will not only be able to play as Darth Revan, but as SithRevan, Dark Modder of the Sith. :D :D :D

darth-me
02-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Awesome! The two of us would get along very well (in a very Sithy, dark side, kill all farmers/Mon Calamari/Telosians/smart-mouthed aliens/Jedi, betray our masters way). :D

As for the Tribute Armor, it'd be cool to take Revan's armor and mask models and put new black and red skins on them. I'm envisioning the mask being blood red, the hood and other pieces of cloth a darker shade black, and the other metal have a cool new pattern. This armor will be rendered even more complete when Sithspecter's flowing cape and belt model is complete. You will not only be able to play as Darth Revan, but as SithRevan, Dark Modder of the Sith. :D :D :D

When did anyone mention Revan's robe??? :confused:
Anyway, sounds great. Not only are you honoring the memory of a great modder, but making a great robe in the process, particularly if you follow LadyRevan's ideas (Black and Red :), armored jedi robes and implemented ingame). I too prefer the Sith to the wimpy jedi :xp:!

Mandalore_The_Great
02-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Well, Me and HK-42 have talked and he told me he's making a mod adding a new tomb, with some new items, I'll let you know what the tomb will be like after I ask HK. :D. His mod will be released together with this armor.
He was actually partial to this armor...
Then we'll use that one.
In response to Lord of Hunger's ideas for new Revan armor, talk to HK-42, since he's making a new robe. Not sure if it's a regular robe, but we might make that, too, to make this pack bigger

HK-42
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, Me and HK-42 have talked and he told me he's making a mod adding a new tomb, with some new items, I'll let you know what the tomb will be like after I ask HK. :D. His mod will be released together with this armor.

Then we'll use that one.
In response to Lord of Hunger's ideas for new Revan armor, talk to HK-42, since he's making a new robe. Not sure if it's a regular robe, but we might make that, too, to make this pack bigger

The one I got is a Revan Robe(reskin by Canderis :D)

Mandalore_The_Great
02-25-2009, 10:18 PM
So I'm breaking up the jobs as follows:

Rtas Vadum-Reskinning.

Not exactly a lot of help. We need these things done before we can move forward.

.uti editing- Simple enough. I guess I'll do that with input from LadyRevan. Or you can do it yourself if you want :D

Modeling- Not sure how hard this is, as I'm no good in modeling. Masks seems easy enough for someone who knows there way around GMax. Armor itself may be kinda difficult.

Lord of Hunger
02-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Just out of curiosity, will this item be way overpowered, a little overpowered, powerful, decent, somewhat underpowered, or way underpowered?

Oh, and here's an idea for the armor description (yes, it is meant to be silly :D):

"This armor once belonged to the Dark Modder SithRevan. It is said that it grants the wearer insane modding skills, such as noticing low polly NPCs on Malachor and replacing them with very evil-looking Sith, replacing lame launchers with detailed ones, or just giving Twi'lek teens a new skin color. Use with caution."

Mandalore_The_Great
02-26-2009, 11:44 PM
I was thinking powerful without making strategy redundant.
I like it. You mind putting up the .uti properties?

LadyRevan
02-27-2009, 12:49 AM
Actually if you'd like I can start building a tomb module to house the robe. I could also start doing some reskinning on the tomb to give it that personal touch too if you'd like. :)

Modeling- Not sure how hard this is, as I'm no good in modeling. Masks seems easy enough for someone who knows there way around GMax. Armor itself may be kinda difficult.

Actually there is a model that already is without the mask. My brother used this model quite a few times in one of his modifications. I'll see if I can't find it for you.

[Edit]
Also, as a side note, I've made a logo for the modification considering it will be somewhat a project...

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3369/srtlogo.png

Hope you like it.

Lord of Hunger
02-27-2009, 11:40 AM
@ Mandalore_The_Great:

When I learn how. :D Which may be soon actually, considering the mod I'm working on (see: K1 Weapon Improvement Project).

HK-42
02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Actually if you'd like I can start building a tomb module to house the robe. I could also start doing some reskinning on the tomb to give it that personal touch too if you'd like. :)

Actually there is a model that already is without the mask. My brother used this model quite a few times in one of his modifications. I'll see if I can't find it for you.

[Edit]
Also, as a side note, I've made a logo for the modification considering it will be somewhat a project...

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3369/srtlogo.png

Hope you like it.

I already have the tomb module built. Ill pm it to you. A reskin would be cool :D Nice logo.

Canderis
02-27-2009, 05:14 PM
The one I got is a Revan Robe(reskin by Canderis :D)

So you are still using that skin I made? Lol it took me less than 5 seconds but it does look cool (and im not kidding about 5 seconds :p)

HK-42
02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
So you are still using that skin I made? Lol it took me less than 5 seconds but it does look cool (and im not kidding about 5 seconds :p)

Yea Im still going to use it. I liked it dammit. :carms:

Mandalore_The_Great
02-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Well I'm pretty useless since I don't have TSL (well I do but installation is a pain for some reason.)

Can I tell them about the tomb, HK? Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee?

Darth InSidious
02-27-2009, 07:54 PM
SR was a good friend. What ever you need of me for this mod, just ask.

Mandalore_The_Great
02-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks, means a lot. Nice to see people who want to help.
Let's see... the mask needs to be modelled. In the Lady's 3rd post, I believe. See HK for a couple other things, as I'm not sure if he wants them blabbed about on this thread. We also need somebody to make screenshots with the logo made by LadyRevan. I also was thinking of making a badass lightsaber hilt. Is it possible to make a black AND red saber blade?
I LOVE that logo, by the way.

Rtas Vadum
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks, means a lot. Nice to see people who want to help.
Let's see... the mask needs to be modelled. In the Lady's 3rd post, I believe. See HK for a couple other things, as I'm not sure if he wants them blabbed about on this thread. We also need somebody to make screenshots with the logo made by LadyRevan. I also was thinking of making a badass lightsaber hilt. Is it possible to make a black AND red saber blade?
I LOVE that logo, by the way.

As to the blade, using a red core with a black glow would work, but a black core with a red glow doesn't.

Im not sure if SithRevan liked the Graflex-emmiter style sabers, but would any of these be a good design for the saber?:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/DRaven/Otherworld_render.png (possibly reverse the colors on this one, and change the silver to red?)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/Ravager.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/Nihilum.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Lightsabers/Sin.png

Admiral Buttercrust
02-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Maybe you guys could include ladyrevan into this chex mix by putting her into the tomb (If there is a tomb, which seems to be hinted by Mandalore) , as an npc, (possibly voiced) and she could talk about him a little bit, like a short biography.

Canderis
02-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Maybe you guys could include ladyrevan into this chex mix by putting her into the tomb (If there is a tomb, which seems to be hinted by Mandalore) , as an npc, (possibly voiced) and she could talk about him a little bit, like a short biography.

Thats a good idea. Also your "assumption" is correct. There is a tomb but I know nothing about it.

HK-42
02-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Well whats there to mention about the tomb? Sure.

Well I asked TG to make some hilts(hes are modeler on TH) but got no reply but these are the ones I thought would be good.
http://randomsabers.com/saber.php?name=Elektron
OR with red not green symbol.
http://randomsabers.com/saber.php?name=Walker

LadyRevan
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the compliments on my logo MtG, I got bored last night and I started to fart around... then I made that. :p

Aaaaanyway, Ya, I'm gonna get started on the K2 Module tonight and I'm thinking that maybe we could put me in there too, I have a character skin I've been working on for K2 which would be perfect for that sort of thing and since it's me I could do the VO's for her character as well.

When I get some time also, which I think I'll have tonight, I'll setup a WIP page on my personal site where we can make like updates and stuff and use it as a fan base for the modification.

Lord of Hunger
02-28-2009, 12:55 AM
HK sort of mentioned the SithRevan tomb, but didn't really give details....

LadyRevan in the game? Awesome! Will you be the guardian of the tomb then?

HK-42
02-28-2009, 01:19 AM
HK sort of mentioned the SithRevan tomb, but didn't really give details....

LadyRevan in the game? Awesome! Will you be the guardian of the tomb then?

The mod grows and grows :lol:

Mandalore_The_Great
02-28-2009, 01:38 AM
Well whats there to mention about the tomb? Sure.
I wanted to tell them about the *cough cough* stat-*cough cough* -ue

LadyRevan
02-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Lol. Yup, we're getting bigger and bigger. :p This will be one hell of a modification though. :)

And yes... why not! I've always wanted to be in a game. :p I only want to be in the KotOR 2 version though... and I've already set the module for the K2 version to incorporate myself. ;)

Oh ya, btw, I'm using the first part of Trayus Academy to house SithRevan's Tomb. It's gonna be quite cool and will have a nice story flow to it with a possible mission to rescue the tomb from imminate destruction. It'll be really cool. :)

HK-42
02-28-2009, 02:17 AM
I wanted to tell them about the *cough cough* stat-*cough cough* -ue
Ah. Go ahead.

Lol. Yup, we're getting bigger and bigger. :p This will be one hell of a modification though. :)

And yes... why not! I've always wanted to be in a game. :p I only want to be in the KotOR 2 version though... and I've already set the module for the K2 version to incorporate myself. ;)

Oh ya, btw, I'm using the first part of Trayus Academy to house SithRevan's Tomb. It's gonna be quite cool and will have a nice story flow to it with a possible mission to rescue the tomb from imminate destruction. It'll be really cool. :)

I could make up a bit about graverobbers or something, who move the grave to the new tomb.

LadyRevan
02-28-2009, 02:49 AM
I could make up a bit about graverobbers or something, who move the grave to the new tomb.
Actually I was thinking that we could say it was Kreia who moved his tomb considering she'd have ample reason to do such a thing.

[Edit]
Okay I've got the WIP up on my personal page. If you want to check it out go here (http://ladyrevansabyss.deadlystream.com/#wip).

TriggerGod
02-28-2009, 01:17 PM
I think that a good idea for this mod would be to have LadyRevan be in that meditating pose (you know the one; from the Jedi Training sequence. IIRC, it is in TSL as well, but to make sure, I'd have to do some digging) in front of SithRevan's tomb, as if she were praying.

Well I asked TG to make some hilts(hes are modeler on TH) but got no reply but these are the ones I thought would be good.

Well I didn't really reply because I didn't really want to do either of them. But I decided to try Walker. I do not have it textured, but it does have the sexy materials applied.
http://g.imagehost.org/0035/walker.png

HK-42
02-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Looks great TG! just only difference is red at the bottom with that symbol on it, but thats with textures.

Quanon
02-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Hmmz... What have guys modelled already ?

Else I would offer to do the Tomb room.

And then it could be linked to the redone Trayus Academy area.

Its just a thought...

HK-42
02-28-2009, 02:33 PM

Its just a thought...

If you could do a tomb for K1 that would be great! most likely it could work in TSL to. The one I picked it seems wont work, because of the model not fitting right.

This Model(thanks to DP for both)
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r73/DarthGrivis/grave-1.jpg

And heres one thats almost ingame
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/DarthParametric/Jawa-Statue.jpg

DarthParametric
02-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Here's a better render of the grave:

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/DarthParametric/th_SithRevan_Grave_Render.jpg (http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/DarthParametric/SithRevan_Grave_Render.jpg)

I gave HK-42 a couple of different stone textures to choose from, but I though the lighter sandstone type ones looked the best.

I should clarify that HK-42 modelled the grave and headstone - I just posed and positioned Revan, as well as doing the map and textures.

TriggerGod
02-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Its just a thought...

I am sure we all would love to have some quanon-area filled goodness :D

@HK: And don't forget a fully mapped/textured model of Walker. I didn't put the detail of the body because, that part of the hilt will be covered by the players hands. And whats the point of working me to death to get some details right when you can't see them at all?

Changed material version:
http://g.imagehost.org/0005/walker2.png

Textured:
http://g.imagehost.org/0443/walker3.png

As for a mod title, instead of "SithRevan Tribute", how about "In Loving Memory..."

HK-42
02-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Here's a better render of the grave:

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/DarthParametric/th_SithRevan_Grave_Render.jpg (http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/DarthParametric/SithRevan_Grave_Render.jpg)

I gave HK-42 a couple of different stone textures to choose from, but I though the lighter sandstone type ones looked the best.

I should clarify that HK-42 modelled the grave and headstone - I just posed and positioned Revan, as well as doing the map and textures.

I only modelled a bit of the grave and headstone, most of it I got for free off a modeling site. (it was a resource.)

Thanks for the updated render. :D

Quanon
02-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Well I hope you don't mind if I go a bit free-style ;)

And I might have a go at doing a skin for LadyRevan.
Not sure what model I want to use for that.

And if she actually wants one from o_Q

HK-42
02-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Well I hope you don't mind if I go a bit free-style ;)

And I might have a go at doing a skin for LadyRevan.
Not sure what model I want to use for that.

And if she actually wants one from o_Q

Free style is fine :D I always like your area models.

Youll have to ask her about that :D she might provide some answers and pics.

Darth InSidious
02-28-2009, 04:21 PM
To be honest, I'm very out of practice as a modeller/texturer, and its not my forte, anyway. I'm probably more use to you as an area modder - modules and module reskinning are my strongest suit. I'd offer myself as a scripter, but I don't want to steal the job of anyone better qualified who might want to be a part of this.

For the lightsabre, I think perhaps an animated blade would be a good idea. This should be the best mod that it can be - no cutting corners, and nothing less than perfection should be acceptable. This is to SR's memory, so it ought to be something really unique.

HK-42
02-28-2009, 04:26 PM
To be honest, I'm very out of practice as a modeller/texturer, and its not my forte, anyway. I'm probably more use to you as an area modder - modules and module reskinning are my strongest suit. I'd offer myself as a scripter, but I don't want to steal the job of anyone better qualified who might want to be a part of this.

For the lightsabre, I think perhaps an animated blade would be a good idea. This should be the best mod that it can be - no cutting corners, and nothing less than perfection should be acceptable. This is to SR's memory, so it ought to be something really unique.

Agreed. Could you do a saber blade?

Canderis
02-28-2009, 04:27 PM
I told hk that I would help in any way he needed so if any head or body skins are needed I can help or module building. As DIS said this should be the best it can be, I agree. Maybe some ghosts should be added too and stuff.

Darth InSidious
02-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Yes. I'm going to try making a hilt as well, and possibly a robe based on Revan's robes. If I finish up my khopesh model, we could include one of those as well, perhaps.
LadyRevan, do you think you could recall what were SR's favourite colours?

I think if we're going to include any ghosts or quests or suchlike, though, they need to have a clear purpose and be more than the usual "RAH FIGHT ME", or "Go and take this parcel of gumpf to Mister A.E. Splitts of 43, the Larches, Onderon". It should be something unique.

HK-42
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Yes. I'm going to try making a hilt as well, and possibly a robe based on Revan's robes. If I finish up my khopesh model, we could include one of those as well, perhaps.

I think if we're going to include any ghosts or quests or suchlike, though, they need to have a clear purpose and be more than the usual "RAH FIGHT ME", or "Go and take this parcel of gumpf to Mister A.E. Splitts of 43, the Larches, Onderon". It should be something unique.

Well TG is making one hilt, perhaps yours should be a doublebladed one?

EDIT: Yeah, I think almost all the people in the tomb should be ghosts.

Darth InSidious
02-28-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm useless at doublebladed hilts. :p

Besides, I'm trying to do an original design.

HK-42
02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm useless at doublebladed hilts. :p

Besides, I'm trying to do an original design.

Ah well, then he can have 2 sabers, or one for K1 the other TSL. No matter.

Darth InSidious
02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I think SR liked to doublewield anyway, IIRC.

Druganator
02-28-2009, 05:35 PM

Maybe you could have SR be a force ghost? and he could impart some important and meaningful things? just a suggestion.

Quanon
02-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Don't want to be negative, but:

Is this mod suggesting you get the items out of SithRevans tomb ?

Isn't that a bit morbid and unrespectfull ?

Don't take this to heavly I might have got the wrong clue out of this thread, but I might make something else then a tomb.

I really like SithRevan, he was one of my first contacts when I joined Holowan.
So I want to this proper and with respect.

Canderis
02-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Maybe the ghost of SR can give you the stuff as ghosts cant use stuff anymore?

HK-42
02-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Don't want to be negative, but:

Is this mod suggesting you get the items out of SithRevans tomb ?

Isn't that a bit morbid and unrespectfull ?

Don't take this to heavly I might have got the wrong clue out of this thread, but I might make something else then a tomb.

I really like SithRevan, he was one of my first contacts when I joined Holowan.
So I want to this proper and with respect.
Now that you put it that way I agree. Any alternative ideas?

Marius Fett
02-28-2009, 05:51 PM
I sort of agree with Q here.

This mod does seem a little morbid...

Having a tomb, and loads of items etc, seems like people just trying to get glory from using SR's name.

For a tribute, what I would personally do, would be to add a statue or grave to the Valley of Dark Lords on Korriban.

Maybe give it a little dialog with the dates from his joining here to his death or something, and a few lines about him.

HK-42
02-28-2009, 06:01 PM
I sort of agree with Q here.

This mod does seem a little morbid...

Having a tomb, and loads of items etc, seems like people just trying to get glory from using SR's name.

For a tribute, what I would personally do, would be to add a statue or grave to the Valley of Dark Lords on Korriban.

Maybe give it a little dialog with the dates from his joining here to his death or something, and a few lines about him.

Actually Originally my part was just going to be the grave on Dantooine.

Mandalore_The_Great
02-28-2009, 09:11 PM
In response to Quanon and Marius Fett, the idea is that you're visiting the tomb to pay your respects. I was thinking of something like what Canderis said, setting it up like meeting Ajunta Pall without the fight and remorse for joining the dark side. He could wear all his stuff when you meet him.

Canderis
02-28-2009, 09:15 PM
He could wear all his stuff when you meet him.

except transparent and with a blue glow :D

SpartanPride
03-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Maybe the ghost of SR can give you the stuff as ghosts cant use stuff anymore?

How about in-game LadyRevan?

LadyRevan
03-01-2009, 01:25 AM
Okay... well it looks like theres been quite a bit of buzz in this thread today. :p

Anyway, to the tomb suggestion that Quanon made, I think a custom tomb would be a better idea for K1 rather then K2 cause I have a pretty wild story already set for up K2 as to why my brothers tomb is in Trayus academy.

@DI: Yes, I can, very well. He was VERY partial to red and black... but he was also a fan of silver too.

Also, my brother was a single hilt dual wielder, he didn't much care for the double bladed hilt.

Also if you'd like to make a head model and skin for me I can show you some pics of myself so you have some where to start. ;)

Now about the grave robbing issue... Well my brother took his grave robbing and slaughtering antics in games with the utmost regard so I think he would be fine with it... but for the sake of his memory and making this seem less dirtyto people who may have a hard time doing such a thing I think making a force ghost of him would definitely be a good idea and would allow people to ask him for the items rather then just taking them.

So anyway, I suggest we start to put something down in concrete as to what we're doing before we have too huge of a mod cause it seems we have quite a bit of ideas. :p Don't get me wrong, they're all wonderful but I want to be able to see this modification be completed. ;)

Mandalore_The_Great
03-01-2009, 01:49 AM
Okay... well it looks like theres been quite a bit of buzz in this thread today.

Anyway, to the tomb suggestion that Quanon made, I think a custom tomb would be a better idea for K1 rather then K2 cause I have a pretty wild story already set for up K2 as to why my brothers tomb is in Trayus academy.

@DI: Yes, I can, very well. He was VERY partial to red and black... but he was also a fan of silver too.

Also, my brother was a single hilt dual wielder, he didn't much care for the double bladed hilt.

Also if you'd like to make a head model and skin for me I can show you some pics of myself so you have some where to start.

Now about the grave robbing issue... Well my brother took his grave robbing and slaughtering antics in games with the utmost regard so I think he would be fine with it... but for the sake of his memory and making this seem less dirtyto people who may have a hard time doing such a thing I think making a force ghost of him would definitely be a good idea and would allow people to ask him for the items rather then just taking them.

So anyway, I suggest we start to put something down in concrete as to what we're doing before we have too huge of a mod cause it seems we have quite a bit of ideas. Don't get me wrong, they're all wonderful but I want to be able to see this modification be completed.

I totally agree. I think we should release the armor and lightsaber, along with an EMPTY tomb as a teaser(I think that's the word for it). Just so we have something released. Then you can focus on the bulk of the mod.
I agree we should set up a game plan. How about whoever's working on this now(I can't keep track) finishes items and what not first, then work on VO's, the tomb, LadyRevan in game, etc.

except transparent and with a blue glow
Ya, didn't mention that. Too bad. How about instead of a force ghost, a vision? That way you can actually see the stuff.

HK-42
03-01-2009, 02:33 AM
Well unless Q agrees, he likely wont create the model ;) Wait a bit for him to read the recent posts I would.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Wait a bit for him to read the recent posts I would.
Might take a while. I'll wait til tomorrow

Quanon
03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
In response to Quanon and Marius Fett, the idea is that you're visiting the tomb to pay your respects. I was thinking of something like what Canderis said, setting it up like meeting Ajunta Pall without the fight and remorse for joining the dark side. He could wear all his stuff when you meet him.
Thanks to clear that up.

Still I don't need to see SithRevans ghost, I'm not religious, but let him rest in piece.

I think perhaps we to make this more like a shrine, you can meditate and show your respects.

Doing so, you get the items.

And I don't want to stop people creating some items for this mod.
I was just bit worried on how you got them.

No problem, then I'll make my model just for K1.
Team Jawa was mainly focused on it, so perhaps this is best.

Nor did I wanted to steal away your project, far from that.

Also if you'd like to make a head model and skin for me I can show you some pics of myself so you have some where to start. ;)

Hmm, that might be difficult to get nicely ingame, I'm sure you're pleasant to gaze upon :p

I'm sure you do have a favourite headmodel in K1 and body model you prefer most. Then I can work on colors, style... to get what you want.

I'll leave the TSL mod to you.

Might take a while. I'll wait til tomorrow

Its possible I'm already in tomorrow ;)
And don't rush this: modding is a slow progress. You need to plan, reconsider, plan again; make the things you want, test them.

Look for small mistakes that need to be corrected.

I did work this afternoon, its coming along nicely.
So I got some renders for you people. Their still grays mind you.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER01.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER02.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER03.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER04.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER05.jpg

Canderis
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Wow that is an AMAZING module you've made there!

TriggerGod
03-01-2009, 12:16 PM
I did work this afternoon, its coming along nicely.
So I got some renders for you people. Their still grays mind you.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER01.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER02.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER03.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER04.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER05.jpg

Nice man boxes :p

Some great work from Quanon, as always :D

And how did you get Revan posed just like that? I'm not aware of any animations he might've had that looked anything like that.

Marius Fett
03-01-2009, 12:19 PM
@Trigger:

You can move the bones and such around when you have the body model in Max, so you can make them do pretty much any pose imagineable. :p

DarthParametric
03-01-2009, 12:20 PM
You just position the bones and then convert the skin to an editable mesh and it will hold the pose. It's how I positioned the arms on the Revan model for the grave.

TriggerGod
03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
@Trigger:

You can move the bones and such around when you have the body model in Max, so you can make them do pretty much any pose imagineable. :p

Never thought of that. You learn something new every day ;P

@DP: you've been ninja'd by Marius. :p

Admiral Buttercrust
03-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I actually DON'T like the idea as SR appearing as a ghost, it's fine for me if you make a tomb, grave, items, and such, but c'mon, SR isn't there to choose what he would say, so it's like you are making him a puppet of sorts.

LadyRevan
03-01-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow... That is absolutely amazing Q. Awesome job. Also thanks and I'm sure we could definitely work out something for myself being in the game. :)

@All members of this modification:
Okay guys, I want you ALL to PM me when you see this message. I want to see whose in the modification and what we're dealing with. So if you could do that I'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

@HK and Mandalore:
Could you guys PM me too, I want to begin to set in stone what we're actually doing with this so we're not running around with our heads cut off, I'd also like to discuss some other things. Thanks

HK-42
03-01-2009, 06:33 PM
:drop2:

Amazing, Amazing Model. I cant wait to see it finished :D

Shrine: Why didnt I think of that?

Lord of Hunger
03-01-2009, 09:47 PM
As usual Quanon, you continue to perform god-like acts. :D Absolutely beautiful.

A shrine is a good idea indeed. That way no one is actually touching the digital version of SithRevan's remains.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Excellent models, Quanon. How come I can't even put a model in-game, but people can make these totally awesome modules?
Anyway, I came up with this thought for some reason. How are we going to implement LadyRevan's logo in the mod? I was thinking of totally revamping the single loadscreen for the tomb (where'd shrine come from?) with black and red, and replacing the K1 logo with hers

HK-42
03-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Excellent models, Quanon. How come I can't even put a model in-game, but people can make these totally awesome modules?
Anyway, I came up with this thought for some reason. How are we going to implement LadyRevan's logo in the mod? I was thinking of totally revamping the single loadscreen for the tomb (where'd shrine come from?) with black and red, and replacing the K1 logo with hers

I was actually going to do that heh. Anyway we cant replace the kotor sign. But I was going to do the loadscreens soon.

LadyRevan
03-02-2009, 03:53 AM
AH! I'm glad you asked MtG. Actually I was thinking this. My brother loved doing little things like launchers for the game so I was thinking why don't we just do that. I know exactly what would look good on there and I definitely think he'd love the idea of it.

I could also see if I could edit one of the opening movie files for the game, like where it shows the lucas arts logo and the company's logo. I think I could add in our logo nicely and give it some cool effect. :)

I do like the loading screen idea too, I't be nice if we could add that to all of the loading screens as like an extra feature.

[Edit]
Here are some pics of the launcher's I've made, tell me if you like them. :)

http://ladyrevansabyss.deadlystream.com/Root/data/upimages/swlauncher.bmp

http://ladyrevansabyss.deadlystream.com/Root/data/upimages/swlauncherk2.bmp

I should be done with the opening movie pretty soon here too. ;)

Canderis
03-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice job! That launcher is really cool!

Rtas Vadum
03-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Hopefully this does some justice in honoring SithRevan:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Mods/SithRevan%20Tribute%20Armor/SithRev_amor_front1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Mods/SithRevan%20Tribute%20Armor/SithRev_amor_back1.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/KomaB1ack/StarWars/Mods/SithRevan%20Tribute%20Armor/SithRev_amor_back2.png

Quanon
03-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Here are some pics of the launcher's I've made, tell me if you like them. :)

I would have used a little less Blur on the letters.

Everything else looks nice ;)

Practice and endless hours of trying, yelling in frustration, head butting the wall :p

(where'd shrine come from?)

I found that the word "tomb" sounded so heavy and dark.
Plus LR has plans to make the tomb in TSL.

A shrine is basicly just a place to remember and honour somebody.

But I got some more update news.
Been working on applying textures everywhere, so here some shots:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER21.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER22.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER23.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER24.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER25.jpg

Been working aswell on a tree model, it still needs works, on its textures, but here's a WIP shot of it:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_RENDER08.jpg

Lord of Hunger
03-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Quanon...beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Completely beautiful.

Rtas Vadum - As always, colors are your strength. Awesome!

LadyRevan - The launcher is exactly the right look for this mod. Perfect!

HK-42
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Quanon...beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Completely beautiful.

Rtas Vadum - As always, colors are your strength. Awesome!

LadyRevan - The launcher is exactly the right look for this mod. Perfect!

QFT

They all look great!

DarthYuugi
03-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I Don't mean to be nasty as i thought SR Was a great guy

But having him as a Force Ghost is disrespectful to him as Your taking away his thoughts and putting Your own thoughts in to the Dialog of him

No Offence intended

Your also making it seem like SR Is a evil character in the game
Personnaly i would just create a module with a Q's statue of SR

Then find the armor and saber in some other part of the tomb

Then a script with the Worship animation when meeting the tomb ( i will try to find a pic )

A Dialog option to Pay Your respects

This mod doe's not have to be Mod of the Year as your trying to focus too much on Item's and Modules and Storyline

This is just paying respect so just keep ths in mind

I in no way want this comment to be offensive Lady Revan as that is not my intention so please don't get angry

HK-42
03-02-2009, 01:56 PM
But having him as a Force Ghost is disrespectful to him as Your taking away his thoughts and putting Your own thoughts in to the Dialog of him
We are not having him as a force ghost? If you read more carefully, that idea is trashed.

Your also making it seem like SR Is a evil character in the game
How? Anyway LadyRevan(his sis) said he was a VERY devout(in a fiction way) Sith.

Personnaly i would just create a module with a Q's statue of SR
Exactly what were doing for K1.

Then find the armor and saber in some other part of the tomb

You get the items when we meditate.

Then a script with the Worship animation when meeting the tomb ( i will try to find a pic )

A Dialog option to Pay Your respects
Exactly what were doing, with meditate not worship.

This mod doe's not have to be Mod of the Year Mod of the Year? Since when was that our attention?

EDIT: Besides TJM and ROR got that done already for TSL :lol:
EDIT2: and BOS: SR got it down for K1.

as your trying to focus too much on Item's and Modules and Storyline
Items: I somewhat agree there is too many items, but remember they are all something trying to honor SR.
Modules: 2? Thats to many? 1 for K1, 1 for K2
Storyline: There isnt much for K1. A bit for K2.

Canderis
03-02-2009, 02:05 PM
EDIT: Besides TJM and ROR got that done already for TSL :lol:

FYI ROR isn't coming out till 2010

HK-42
03-02-2009, 02:09 PM

Well that covers next year. :D

logan23
03-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone!

I want to first say this Mod is a great idea.
It is a thoughtful and rewarding thing to do something in memory of another, very special.

Actually, RoR Act I (50 percent of RoR) will be released in 2009.
The full game RoR which will include extras for Act I will be released sometime in 2010.

Logan

Lord of Hunger
03-02-2009, 03:16 PM
How? Anyway LadyRevan(his sis) said he was a VERY devout(in a fiction way) Sith.
Especially since the Jedi have often been villans themselves, being a Sith does not make one evil. It is entirely possible to be good and be a Sith at the same time.

Darth InSidious
03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
To be quite honest, in my opinion this is none of the business of most of the people posting in this thread. With the exception of myself, Quanon, HK-42 and LadyRevan, who of you actually knew SithRevan?

This mod should be a testament to his memory from his friends. For my part, I'm none too keen on items or storyline. But making this mod the best that we can is the least we can do, to create in the game what we can't in the real world.

Canderis
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
True but HK asked me to help him so thats why im along, and HK wanted to use a skin I made.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-02-2009, 08:44 PM
Honestly, I did not know SithRevan personally, but I just thought it would be nice to honor him and his work, seeing that he was an upstanding member of not just the forums but as an assistant of Shem's at KOTORFiles. I've seen his work and I'm impressed.
I do agree that this tribute is getting a little out of hand with extra content being added almost every day, but it's all for the best.

HK-42
03-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Honestly, I did not know SithRevan personally, but I just thought it would be nice to honor him and his work, seeing that he was an upstanding member of not just the forums but as an assistant of Shem's at KOTORFiles. I've seen his work and I'm impressed.
I do agree that this tribute is getting a little out of hand with extra content being added almost every day, but it's all for the best.

Everyday? What was added today except for some screens of Q's model.

EDIT: Oh, My fault. Ah well. Anyway if you want to add something else please PM LadyRevan, instead of posting here.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-03-2009, 12:19 AM
No this mod is already too big. Keep it as is.

HK-42
03-03-2009, 12:42 AM
No this mod is already too big. Keep it as is.

I agree, but I was reminding people to PM her like she said earlier, and regardless someone posted something.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-03-2009, 12:49 AM
that's what happens when you put a [WIP] on a title...

LadyRevan
03-03-2009, 02:10 AM
@Rtas Vadum: O.O THAT IS AMAZING! OMG, EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! Very good, I absolutely love it.

@Quanon: O.O Again... I'm just in awe... that is so completely amazing words can't even describe how brilliant it is. If I could kiss you... I SOOOO would.

@Darth Yugi: I'm sorry Yugi, I'm gonna have to agree with DI on this one. We knew my brother, in particular I knew him the best because I was born with him and spent 16 years of my life and his as his twin sister. My brother wasn't your average "I'm so happy with life gimme bright colors and cheery smiles" type of guy. My brother was gothic, very gothic, I remember doing his makeup for him and helping him pick out his clothing quite a few times when he wanted to pull off the "abused" look as we called it, so I can easily say that. He liked things that were... other then good, which is one reason he liked the Sith so much and did the most horrible possible things in the game that he could, he liked it. I think a modification like this would be more fitting then anyone could have ever guessed. So with that being said we will go ahead with some of the more hairy ideas. If you don't want to play the modification because of that... well thats your choice... but this is the way it's gonna be. My brother loved this game, he loved the Sith, and he loved modifications and we can't... nay we won't change up things just to please a few who get squeamish around this sort of modification, it's just not gonna happen. I'm sorry.

@Everyone else: Okay, also... I just wanted to say, we need to begin to consolidate all the ideas you guys have given us and we need to know what's been done and what hasn't SO no more ideas for now guys, we love all of your suggestions but this modification is becoming massive in proportion and to the point where it may get to be too big and and up like one of those modifications that never gets done... which would just be a tragedy. So, anyway, I thank you for all your input but lets just keep it to discussing things that we are doing and that are going to be set in stone. ;)

Yatsookey
03-03-2009, 11:51 AM
wow great job everyone maybe there is a way we could apply some sort of custom music to the module? and perhaps that module can be where you find the armor that RV made? like the launcher. this will go a long way in honoring him..... and again my condolences on you and your family ladyrevan. i may not have known him personally but i respected his work and feel that even those people who didnt know him should honor that at the very least.

DarthYuugi
03-03-2009, 12:12 PM
@ Lady Revan

Im sorry to cause offence but i was just making my point and i only said it because of i actually cared about the respect for Sith Revan

I Never Knew him personnaly but i thought he was a real nice guy which is why i commented when i saw this

Sorrry to cause offence
My Opinion is not wanted here so i will stay out of it

Yatsookey
03-03-2009, 02:14 PM
whoops sorry bout that last post ladyrevan i didnt see that you didnt want anymore ideas till now my mistake sorry again

Quanon
03-03-2009, 03:45 PM
@Quanon: O.O Again... I'm just in awe... that is so completely amazing words can't even describe how brilliant it is. If I could kiss you... I SOOOO would.

;P Then I would have to kiss back... not really, way to shy for that sort of things :whacked: *ashamed*

Ahum :lol:

Good news, I got the whole model ingame today and it looks great.
Just a few errors on my godray/ lightbeams.

They're out of place and the texture isn't that great.
Need to set the .are properly to show the grass aswell.

Still here some shots I took while walking about.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_Ingame01.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_Ingame04.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_Ingame05.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_Ingame02.jpg

Canderis
03-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow thats amazing Q!

HK-42
03-03-2009, 04:53 PM
Look great Q! I like those planets on the side. By the way is the tree still there?

Mandalore_The_Great
03-03-2009, 09:47 PM
I need to be home schooled I can't get away from this thread. too much activity
anyway, what do we have finished so far? Just so we know. people just like random info for some reason

Rtas Vadum
03-03-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, i have the armor reskins done. Since as it seems, it doesn't really need two textures, as it looks the same on both the male and female High Dark Jedi or Sith Lord model.

All that need to be done with these is linking them to a model.

LadyRevan
03-04-2009, 12:51 AM
@Q: Lol. ~Kisses you on the cheek~ Hehe. I totally love this area, it is sooooo what my brother's style, I just love it.

@MtG: I've been working on the Trayus module and so far I've just been populating the area with some... statues... hehe. Oh and I plan on doing some of my character's dialog and voice over's tonight, once I'm done I'll put some of the VO's up so everyone can hear some of them. ;)

Quanon
03-04-2009, 11:59 AM
@Q: Lol. ~Kisses you on the cheek~ Hehe. I totally love this area, it is sooooo what my brother's style, I just love it.

Héhéhé ;P

He must have loved the korriban areas.

Didn't have much progress today, had a really weird problem with the lightbeams... looked one was stretched and deformed in the game, though I couldn't find the bugger back in any of my model files :confused:

I did solve it by a small work around. Then started to work on getting the grass the spawn, no luck either on that department... o_Q

I just added small patches, myself.
Though I got some screens from it:

New lightbeam things

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_TreeT03.jpg

Garden has the trees added, grass is barely visible : /

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_TreeT01.jpg

once I'm done I'll put some of the VO's up so everyone can hear some of them. ;)

Looking... hearing forward to that, no doubt a smexy voice ;P
Unless you went for the wicked wich character :lol:

HK-42
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Trees look great Q!(I almost said fresh then remembered not everybody lives in the south, so some would think I meant it smelled good :xp:)

Suggestion, maybe a little more grass?

TriggerGod
03-04-2009, 06:08 PM
anyway, what do we have finished so far? Just so we know. people just like random info for some reason

I have Walker UV Mapped and Textured, I will be exporting it today, along with its custom blade texture.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-04-2009, 09:33 PM
do you think the statue is a little... dark compared to everything else?

TriggerGod
03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Unless that is like a placeholder texture, I'd say make the shrine a little lighter. Maybe, if it'll work, an auto level will work on making the statue a bit lighter. If auto-levels doesn't work, try editing the levels manually. Maybe a really good marble texture is in order...

Darth InSidious
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I think Quanon knows what he's doing. :rolleyes:

TriggerGod
03-04-2009, 09:43 PM
I think Quanon knows what he's doing. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that he doesn't, its just a suggestion from my part.

LadyRevan
03-05-2009, 12:25 AM
OMG I love it! As always an amazing job Q! I would hope I have a smexy voice... personally I think I sound kinda like I'm 10... but thats just my opinion. :P

Quanon
03-05-2009, 03:02 PM
OMG I love it! As always an amazing job Q! I would hope I have a smexy voice... personally I think I sound kinda like I'm 10... but thats just my opinion. :P

^_^ Can't say really love that, as it would come out... weird, ahum.

Though I'm sure it fits, none the less and in spite what you may clame.
Yes that confidant in the smexyness of it ;p

I'm not saying that he doesn't, its just a suggestion from my part.

Suggestion noted down, its a very dark marble actually, IIRC :)
Was planning to make it more "bling-bling", with the TXI file.

Sith Holocron
03-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I wonder if Shem would be up for voicing his wonderful tribute that he posted up at KOTOR FileFront for this mod.

It's just wonderful what you folks are doing for SithRevan's memory. I was a site member (but not a team member) on Team Jawa's site so I certainly knew of him.

Good luck on your continuing progress.

Taak Farst
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Guys, when I first read this, I thought no biggie, cool tribute to SR, but as i read on through the thread and it got bigger I smiled. It just shows how everyone misses him!! Quanon, the modules look amazing, you are brilliant. LadyRevan, your doing superb work!!

Well done to the whole team!

However, i still don't get one thing - is this going to be a storyline mod or another module to explore?

Suggestions:
Sad/Sci-fi custom music for the module.
Shem would be an excellent choice if you need any voice actors for anything - the tribute he gave to SR was great,

HK-42
03-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Guys, when I first read this, I thought no biggie, cool tribute to SR, but as i read on through the thread and it got bigger I smiled. It just shows how everyone misses him!! Quanon, the modules look amazing, you are brilliant. LadyRevan, your doing superb work!!

Well done to the whole team!

However, i still don't get one thing - is this going to be a storyline mod or another module to explore?

Suggestions:
Shem would be an excellent choice if you need any voice actors for anything - the tribute he gave to SR was great,

Well I believe LadyRevan has a storyline for K2. K1 wont have much of one, mainly you find a shrine(I was thinking maybe a tunnel that Korriban Archeologists found) and there you meditate at the shrine and get some items, including Tributes from anybody who wants to make one.

Taak Farst
03-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Well I believe LadyRevan has a storyline for K2. K1 wont have much of one, mainly you find a shrine(I was thinking maybe a tunnel that Korriban Archeologists found) and there you meditate at the shrine and get some items, including Tributes from anybody who wants to make one.

ah cool! thanks for the info!

Mandalore_The_Great
03-06-2009, 10:25 PM
Suggestions:
Shem would be an excellent choice if you need any voice actors for anything - the tribute he gave to SR was great
As of post #95 we are no longer expanding the mod for right now. We have decided to get everything finished before anything is added. I will be sure to look into it, though. :D

HK-42
03-06-2009, 10:32 PM
As of post #95 we are no longer expanding the mod for right now. We have decided to get everything finished before anything is added. I will be sure to look into it, though. :D

Actually I reread what he said and I am going to do(the music stuff) that :D But I agree no more ideas till more progress is made.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-06-2009, 10:37 PM
technically it was the lady's idea

xViiViD
03-07-2009, 01:34 AM
lol this is great u guys(and lady) haha keep up the good work
and gl. :)

Mandalore_The_Great
03-07-2009, 02:09 AM
thanks Darth Ma3v3n. We always appreciate the praise.
But remember this isn't about us. This is to honor SithRevan and his accomplishments. I hope to keep it that way.

Quanon
03-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Mini update:

- Changed statue texture to marble, gave it some shine aswell.

- Fixed tree branches, setup all my needed TXI files.

Just a single shot:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/SR_Shiots02.jpg

xViiViD
03-07-2009, 07:08 PM
thanks Darth Ma3v3n. We always appreciate the praise.
But remember this isn't about us. This is to honor SithRevan and his accomplishments. I hope to keep it that way.

Yes, i didn't mean it that way. This really is a great way to honor SithRevan i'm sure he would truly love this.

HK-42
03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I like :D

Great job Q! The marble looks alot better.

GameGeeks
03-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Personaly I thought it fit better with the surroundings in the other pictures. Marble just doesn't look as fitting.

LadyRevan
03-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Simply amazing Q... simply amazing...

Okay! Also, I've got an update on those voice overs for my character's SSF's... after battling with my computer for almost a week over this I have finally compiled the little buggers into a movie. Hope you all enjoy it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAg65KoiHJ0

I may redo some of them, so tell me how you liked them or disliked them. ;)

xViiViD
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
good vo's lady

LadyRevan
03-08-2009, 01:54 AM
good vo's lady

Thanks Maeven. ^.^

@Everyone: Okay! It looks like I'm about to pull the second rabbit out of my hat today with yet another update. This one happens to be on the area I'm designing for the K2 version of this modification. I've been working on it for a couple of hours so I hope you all enjoy it...

http://ladyrevansabyss.deadlystream.com/Root/data/upimages/Screenie01.png

http://ladyrevansabyss.deadlystream.com/Root/data/upimages/Screenie02.png

http://ladyrevansabyss.deadlystream.com/Root/data/upimages/Screenie03.png

http://ladyrevansabyss.deadlystream.com/Root/data/upimages/Screenie04.png

I'm trying to give it that cathedral type feel with the force fields, attempting to get a stained glass-ish look.

So anywho, tell me how ya like it. ;)

HK-42
03-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Nice job LR!

The forcefields give it a nice touch.

LadyRevan
03-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Nice job LR!

The forcefields give it a nice touch.

Hehe, thank you. I'm planning on doing more though. ;) I have to get together with Q sometime cause I'll need his help in what I want to do next.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I like the black tone. Is there a way to make the force field a pure red?

LadyRevan
03-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I like the black tone. Is there a way to make the force field a pure red?

Heh, they pretty much are, the lighter red is just because of their transparency. I think it looks better anyway because it gives a subtle hint to add to the diabolical feel of that area. ;)

Mandalore_The_Great
03-08-2009, 10:39 PM
sorry, the white messed me up a little there.

LadyRevan
03-09-2009, 12:59 AM
sorry, the white messed me up a little there.

^.^ It's cool. I just hope this module being the actual tomb module can live up to the purpose I'm building it for. I want everything to be perfection... pure simple... perfection.

JediAthos
03-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I haven't said anything to this point because I really don't have anything to contribute as I didn't really know your brother other than from his mods, but I have to say that what you are doing is really very nice. The screenshots of the K2 area are impressive and I like the force fields and the effect they create. The K1 shots look great too and I can't wait to see all of it in game as an awesome tribute to someone you care a great deal about.

Mandalore_The_Great
03-09-2009, 08:44 PM
thanks, JediAthos. the modules do look pretty awesome.
Great work. everything looks finished. Hopefully Trigger has solved his saber woes.
Edit: speaking of which, is there anything I can do? I got my TSL working

LadyRevan
03-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks Athos, I just hope that it can live up to the memory of my brother. ^.^

@Mandy: Not much right now. I've been talking with Q about doing some area model modifications to the area I'm working on so until those are completed I'm pretty much at a stand still. I think It'd probably be safe to assume that you can start working on the K1 area though as it looks like Q is pretty much done with it. ;)

HK-42
03-09-2009, 11:02 PM

@Mandy: Not much right now. I've been talking with Q about doing some area model modifications to the area I'm working on so until those are completed I'm pretty much at a stand still. I think It'd probably be safe to assume that you can start working on the K1 area though as it looks like Q is pretty much done with it. ;)

I am doing that(K1 module building.) :D

Mandalore_The_Great
03-10-2009, 08:51 PM

@Mandy: Not much right now. I've been talking with Q about doing some area model modifications to the area I'm working on so until those are completed I'm pretty much at a stand still. I think It'd probably be safe to assume that you can start working on the K1 area though as it looks like Q is pretty much done with it.

Aw... :(
Oh well. I can't really say I've done anything so far....

Quanon
03-11-2009, 09:57 AM
I am doing that(K1 module building.) :D

Crap... Sorry, I think I forgot to mention I've sended my files to Darth Insidious to do some work aswell. Mainly on adding the little extras needed in the K1 module.

Hmmz, really thought I posted this somewhere ??? o_Q

HK-42
03-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Crap... Sorry, I think I forgot to mention I've sended my files to Darth Insidious to do some work aswell. Mainly on adding the little extras needed in the K1 module.

Hmmz, really thought I posted this somewhere ??? o_Q

Oh, well I guess I'll do the way to enter the shrine, unless you have a idea to do that? I was going to have a enterence in the valley.

And Ill make the tribute armband.

By the way can I place the Jawa Statue somewhere in the module?

glovemaster
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
I can't help but feel that I should have thrown myself in earlier, but I've been beaten to death with coursework. Advice for all you school kids: keep on top of it all or it bites back at the end - hard >.<

As busy as I have been I feel that I should at least offer to contribute to this memorial. My most marketable skill is scripting, I wouldn't want to take a job off someone more qualified however. I've already talked with DI and Q about placing a something from us at Team Jawa - a stone Jawa in there for the great times we had back in the days ^_^ - I personally hope that idea goes ahead :) It would mean a lot to me, as I'm sure it would for Q and DI.

Well anything I can do, I am more than willing to help. I only wish I'd have offered a lot sooner.

HK-42
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I can't help but feel that I should have thrown myself in earlier, but I've been beaten to death with coursework. Advice for all you school kids: keep on top of it all or it bites back at the end - hard >.<

As busy as I have been I feel that I should at least offer to contribute to this memorial. My most marketable skill is scripting, I wouldn't want to take a job off someone more qualified however. I've already talked with DI and Q about placing a something from us at Team Jawa - a stone Jawa in there for the great times we had back in the days ^_^ - I personally hope that idea goes ahead :) It would mean a lot to me, as I'm sure it would for Q and DI.

Well anything I can do, I am more than willing to help. I only wish I'd have offered a lot sooner.

Well we have the one DarthParamatic modeled.

LadyRevan
03-13-2009, 01:45 AM

I could actually use your help in the K2 version GM, if you don't mind. I'm gonna be basically making a cutscene in the beginning of the level and I'm not the most skilled coder so your skill would definitely help me out.

Give me a PM if your interested. ;)

Lord of Hunger
03-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Just checked out your site, LadyRevan, looks awesome. Glad that we now have a set scope of this mod.

LadyRevan
03-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Just checked out your site, LadyRevan, looks awesome. Glad that we now have a set scope of this mod.

Hehe, thanks. Well actually the scope has kinda changed a bit... I'll update it in a bit to show the changes. ;)

Quanon
03-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Back with an update !

Had to wait on LadyRevan to finish her .mod file to start working on what she requested of me ;)

Then ofcourse I had to go and find a good way to do the wished changes.
Not easy, as my first tests where far from pleasing.

So I needed some time to ponder on what could be done.
I'll spare you all my jabbering on what I did and how many times I cursed in frustration.

Though I must not forget to thanks GloveMaster to help me out again in the placeables débacle :lol:

Anyway, some screenshots of what I got so far:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/TSL_SRTomb03.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/TSL_SRTomb01.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p214/Quanon/3D/TSL_SRTomb04.jpg

Just need some minor tweaks, as its a bit dark.
Then I just need to make those extra walls to close up the last gap at the end of the tomb.

Will O' The Wisq
03-21-2009, 11:39 AM
That looks awesome!

Mandalore The Shadow
03-21-2009, 02:34 PM
This is some of the most impressive stuff ive seen in a long time keep ut the good work guys

Lord of Hunger
03-21-2009, 02:42 PM
Simply awesome!

DarthYuugi
03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Look's nice

Good job :D

LadyRevan
03-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks guys and sorry there hasn't been any updates lately. I've been dealing with Real Life stuff like school so I just haven't had the time. :p Anyway, I hope to get some of the module's story line done over the weekend and other stuff like my character completed.

I think once I have at least the characters layed out within the part of the modification, depending on what the rest of the team has completed, there may be a chance to put out a small "surprise" for the community. We'll see when the time comes though.

Anywho, thanks for being so patient with us. Update ya later. ^.^

Oh, BTW, just so eveyone knows... that surprise I was talking about... it could be quite large.... or quite small... ya just never know... :p Hehehe...

Wedge Suron
03-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Now if that doesn't entice you to download this mod, I don't know what will. lol

Mandalore_The_Great
04-03-2009, 02:29 PM
So I guess it doesn't matter that I've been gone for a month, then, huh?

Ping
04-11-2009, 10:33 PM
This stuff looks great! Also can't wait for the surprise...

LadyRevan
04-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Sorry everyone for keeping you waiting with no word from me.

Unfortunately as of recently I've been VERY busy so I've been unable to much in terms of modifications and definitely not enough to report.

So just bear with me on this and as soon as I have some time I will start modding like crazy and hopefully put out something good that we can all enjoy. ;)

Sorry again everyone.