PDA

View Full Version : pc dialog scene

newbiemodder
02-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm having trouble with the dlg files. I want to do this: after my character picks up an item from a placeable, I want short dialog scene of my pc but with a reflective thought to him/her self not a conversation. I figure it must be a conditional scene. How would I would I do/script this? Thanks to all and any.

Malxados
02-25-2009, 04:48 PM
By "not a conversation" do you just mean its only one character that is talking? I'll do a little research real quick....

EDIT: While I couldn't find out how to make the dialog options be several Exile speakers in a row, there is a possible simpler fix(if you do mean what I mentioned up there). Try making a .dlg file as usual, except only fill in text for the exile(you should start with one "[CONTINUE]" and have one in between each of the nodes with the Exile talking). As long as you don't change the value of the "Speaker" field, I doubt the camera would go anywhere else but where your Exile is; however, there may be a longer pause in between the dialog nodes

Malxados
02-25-2009, 06:34 PM
As for the scripting part, it would probably look something like this:

void main() {
ActionStartConversation(GetFirstPC(),"dlg_filenamehere");
}

You also would probably want to add a delay. I imagine it would look something like this:
void main() {
DelayCommand(2.0, ActionStartConversation);
}

To fire the script, one option (other than dialog) would be to use the "OnOpen" script option when using Kotor Tool to edit the .utp of the container (note: this may not work if you are using a container there is more than one of)

newbiemodder
02-25-2009, 07:14 PM
As for the scripting part, it would probably look something like this:

void main() {
}

You also would probably want to add a delay. I imagine it would look something like this:
void main() {
DelayCommand(2.0, ActionStartConversation);
}

To fire the script, one option (other than dialog) would be to use the "OnOpen" script option when using Kotor Tool to edit the .utp of the container (note: this may not work if you are using a container there is more than one of)

thanks for the help, I'll see where it takes me.