PDA

View Full Version : Getting to a location

Canderis
03-02-2009, 08:03 PM
For a mod I am making I would like to get to spots on the map that you "can't" really get to EX behind the counter at a bar or at the landing platform here:http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=334&pictureid=3009 How would I do that? I know in k1 you'd use the warp band 2000 thing but in TSL?

HK-42
03-02-2009, 08:12 PM
That landing platform you can never get to. It has no walkmesh.

As for behind a bar you could get there by finding a whereami of right next to it, then altering it a bit. till you get it right.

Canderis
03-02-2009, 08:14 PM
Any more reliable ways? And HK are you sure you can't go there?

HK-42
03-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Any more reliable ways? And HK are you sure you can't go there?

Almost 100% Positive, that module has a horrible walkmesh period because it was never used, except for a cutscene. Those landing pads were just things you could see through a window.

Canderis
03-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Almost 100% Positive

And that's why I want to make sure as it would be really nice for a mod I am working on.

Darth InSidious
03-04-2009, 07:28 AM
There's no walkmesh. Even if you got there, you'd be unable to move.

And nope, I'm afraid AFAIK there's no easier way. You're just going to have to input the co-ords, compile the module, load, move the co-ords, recompile etc. like the rest of us. :)

HK-42
03-04-2009, 04:01 PM
There's no walkmesh. Even if you got there, you'd be unable to move.

And nope, I'm afraid AFAIK there's no easier way. You're just going to have to input the co-ords, compile the module, load, move the co-ords, recompile etc. like the rest of us. :)

Maybe if you overrided the walkmesh with another one, went behind the bar, found the whereami, the restored the walkmesh?