PDA

View Full Version : Replacer error


Canderis
03-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I got an error while trying to use the replacer to write the new .mdx file.
access violation at address 00401CD5 in module 'replacer.exe'. Write of address 00A20008
Can anyone figure out what this means and how to fix it?

redrob41
10-27-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't know what it means, nor how to fix it. I was hoping someone could tell me :confused:. What I came accross, was while trying to change the coordinates of some verticies as well as uvw map. Here's a screenshot:

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5412/replacererrorwithtwilek.jpg (http://img405.imageshack.us/i/replacererrorwithtwilek.jpg/)

I had re-named the Twi'lek male head mdl & mdx, and hex edited the mdl so that the same name was used for the tga. Everything worked just fine in gmax (like every other head model I've modded), and it exported ok (RMHTwilk01-ascii_new-2.mdl). But, when I tried to use Taina's replacer, I got the same type of error. I re-tried a few times;
once with only the "23) head" vertex checked;
and once with only the "23) head" Texture checked.
Each time, I got an error, but the address in the error box was different (it didn't seem to be hanging at the same Hex address each time). I always got a successful RMHTwilk01_new.mdl, but the mdx always failed :mad:.

This is the only model I've had this problem with (so far). Canderis, which model were you working with when you got this error?

I'll keep looking through old threads (good ol' search function :))

TriggerGod
10-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Whenever I got that error, I'd keep trying until my fingers got callouses, and then I'd restart the entire replacing process, and once I even had to re-export my model all together. If even that fails, redownload the replacer, that worked for me at times.

Canderis
10-27-2009, 10:00 PM
I was working with Canderous' head model. I came to the conclusion that its nwmax/my computer's fault because so far the only thing that has actually turned out right have been sabers and helmets. This problem still persists.

redrob41
10-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Whenever I got that error, I'd keep trying until my fingers got callouses, and then I'd restart the entire replacing process, and once I even had to re-export my model all together. If even that fails, redownload the replacer, that worked for me at times.

I tried all your suggestions (except redownloading Taina's replacer), and still it didn't work. I think that it is just the male Twi'lek head model (at least, I haven't come accross any others yet), but I'm not sure as to why. I did notice that this head uses a different supermodel than most, but I don't think that'd be the problem.

I haven't yet tried to replace coords for something other than the head. Maybe I should see if it'll work if I try to edit the shape of the eyelids or eyes.

I also ran an edited ascii.mdl through MDLOps, just for fun. It ran all the way through, but there were two instances where verticies overlapped (had the same coordinates). I know from the uvw map that there are a few polygon triangles (at the base of the neck) that seem to have all three coords the same. I'll test it out tonight by fixing those polys on the model.