Pages : [1] 2

Drewton
03-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Greetings again!

This mod will:
*Change the entire HUD.
*Change the menus.
*Add a new launcher.
*Replace the eyes in the dark side transitions.
*Change the lightsaber glows.
*Change most of the icons for Force powers, attacks, etc.
*Include a few character skins.
*Replace sound effects with ones from the prequels.
*Include a complete reskin of Peragus.
*Include disguise items for most NPCs so that you can use armbands like cheatcodes to play as other characters.
*Change many of the FX textures, such as Force powers, explosions, and smoke.
*Possibly add new music in some places.
*Reskin most skyboxes.
*Include new portraits to better fit the new HUD.
*Include new lightsaber hilts.
*Replace the cursor with that of a lightsaber.

Here's a look at the launcher and the menu, which is not nearly finished and it will include a chrome design for the buttons and a space background now that I know how to edt the GUI.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/launcher.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/menu-1.jpg

Canderis
03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Sounds and looks awesome

voltes5
03-23-2009, 11:24 PM
WOW!! Man i cant wait!

correllian_thug
03-23-2009, 11:49 PM
that is an awesome launcher, great work i can't wait to get my hands on it:)

Ghost Down
03-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Looks really great, can't wait to see the new HUD!

The Betrayer
03-24-2009, 06:29 AM
You, my friend, are a god in modding! Can't wait!

Darth Novotnus
03-24-2009, 06:44 AM
I would suggest changing faces of dark side transitions - I never liked those zombies... Maybe some Sith tatoos?

memarik
03-24-2009, 09:47 AM
yep it sound interesting.. could you add more screenshots or are the rest no made yet or more of a surprise?

maugomale
03-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Wow. This is just amazing. Is it possible that after this one, you do a KotOR 1 version?

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
03-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Simply amazing....

I've seen the things you've sone [i.e. Nihlus's re-skin.....amazing...].

:D I'm eagerly waiting for this to be released...

My game will be SO much better....

darth-me
03-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Wow, this looks amazing. Good luck with it!

PS. Any chance of releasing the launcher & load screen? I'm about to start playing both games through, and I know the load screen and launcher aren't that important, but those are the best I've ever seen!

Will O' The Wisq
03-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I will follow this thread with excitement :D

I've seen your work and you're without a doubt one of the best skinners I've seen!
Keep up the good work!

Lord of Hunger
03-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Wow, this is going to be awesome! Shame that the K1 Enhancement Project by Space Alex is probably dead since the two together would real improve the KOTOR universe a lot.

Canderis
03-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Wow, this is going to be awesome! Shame that the K1 Enhancement Project by Space Alex is probably dead since the two together would real improve the KOTOR universe a lot.

It's not dead.... no posts by SpaceAlex in a month and everyone assumes that its dead? Its not dead till the states its dead...

Drewton
03-24-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks y'all - glad to see people are interested in this!

I would suggest changing faces of dark side transitions - I never liked those zombies... Maybe some Sith tatoos?

I'll be changing the faces at least slightly, but right now I don't know exactly what I'll do with them yet...Sith tatoos sounds interesting, though, but I think that could be annoying to some people as the average opinion I've seen is that the faces should be more normal.

yep it sound interesting.. could you add more screenshots or are the rest no made yet or more of a surprise?

I've done a few icon changes, but that's it beside the launcher and main menu as of now (just started yesterday). I don't think they're really worth doing screenshots of without the new HUD right now.

Wow. This is just amazing. Is it possible that after this one, you do a KotOR 1 version?

Yeah, I'll do something similar. Probably with more of a red-ish colour theme.

Wow, this looks amazing. Good luck with it!

PS. Any chance of releasing the launcher & load screen? I'm about to start playing both games through, and I know the load screen and launcher aren't that important, but those are the best I've ever seen!

I wasn't planning on releasing anything early, but I can private message the launcher to you. I haven't done the load screen yet (unless if you mean the main menu?).

I've now done some more work on the main menu. Everything but the buttons is how it's actually appearing in-game. I haven't done them yet, but I think I know how to (with GUI editing).

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4389/tslmenuc.jpg

Compared to:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/tsl_old_menu.jpg

Canderis
03-24-2009, 04:45 PM
Looks nice so far!

Admiral Buttercrust
03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Maybe you could change the buttons from the blue to silver, then show us a pic to compare to the blue one, cause its seems with the menu it's focused mainly on silver, so I figure why not more?

darth-me
03-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Yeah, i meant the menu. If you could pm them, that would be great! The new one looks even better!

Miltiades
03-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Ah, I've always wanted a new GUI to give my TSL experience something new. Awesome Launcher and Main Menu, Drewton. Looking forward to more updates. I'm curious how this'll play out.

Yatsookey
03-24-2009, 09:16 PM
wow drewton looks excellent you are without a doubt the best skinner that has ever graced itself within the kotor modding community cant wait to see what else you have in store

PS-how are u so good are you a game designer or something?

Lord of Hunger
03-24-2009, 09:49 PM
@ Canderis: You're right, my apologies. I'm assuming when I shouldn't.

@ Dewton:

1) Okay, that new menus is beyond amazing. Not sure the background fits (unless you're changing the music).
2) Question: Will character reskins be optional (as in will you have them in separate folders from the overall install)?

Chevron 7 locke
03-24-2009, 10:32 PM
That looks excellent!

Xarwarz
03-25-2009, 03:04 AM
nice job i was thinking of doing something like that but my modders fire has been out lately. But as far as i can see it will give it a new feel

Ghost Down
03-25-2009, 04:58 AM
The chrome buttons look great, although I'm not so sure about the background.

memarik
03-25-2009, 07:11 AM
ok thanks for the answer.. i love the launcher :D

as i read from above what this mod will add to the game i bet it will look awesome keep up the good work Drewton! as allways :D

Drewton
03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Maybe you could change the buttons from the blue to silver, then show us a pic to compare to the blue one, cause its seems with the menu it's focused mainly on silver, so I figure why not more?

Err, I think you just saw the first version of the menu I posted. The v2, with silver buttons, is a few posts below that. ;)

PS-how are u so good are you a game designer or something?

Heh heh, I wish.

1) Okay, that new menus is beyond amazing. Not sure the background fits (unless you're changing the music).
2) Question: Will character reskins be optional (as in will you have them in separate folders from the overall install)?

I may be changing the music; not sure yet. If I find another track that better fits it I'll definitely use that.
I'll be using the TSL Patcher for this mod, which I have absolutely no experience with so I don't know if I'd be able to keep them as optional in the installation...but if not, I'll state which textures the character skins are in the readme so you can delete them if you like.

Another update: I've never liked the blurry grey-purple Force lightning, so I've replaced it. It now looks much sharper and almost like the Force lightning in TFU. I'm also hoping to remove the flare that's on the user's hand when it happens, but I haven't been able to find the texture.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/lightning_01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/lightning_02.jpg

Again, thank you all for the encouragement! :D

Ghost Down
03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that the flare is removed by altering a .2da file. There's also a mod somewhere that removes most of the effects, but I can't remember what it is called.

Try asking around for it, maybe it can help you in removing the flare effect.

DarthParametric
03-25-2009, 02:31 PM
That would be Shem's Realistic Visual Effects mod - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Realistic_Visual_Effects;90383 Better get it quick - apparently FileFront is shutting down on the 30th.

HK-42
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
That would be Shem's Realistic Visual Effects mod - http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Realistic_Visual_Effects;90383 Better get it quick - apparently FileFront is shutting down on the 30th.

I also saw that, it led to me downloading mods like hell.

jrrtoken
03-25-2009, 03:36 PM
If you wish, you have my consent to include both my Music and Ambiance Improvement Mods within this.

Either way, it looks very nice. :)

DarthDementous
03-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Looks beautiful so far! I'd like to see you also include better terrain textures. THAT would be amazing.

Drewton
03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure, but I think that the flare is removed by altering a .2da file. There's also a mod somewhere that removes most of the effects, but I can't remember what it is called.

Try asking around for it, maybe it can help you in removing the flare effect.

Just found it; it's fx_conjure.tga. After removing it from the lightning though I think it's actually better with, because the placement of the lightning to the hands is incorrect and it looks awkward.

If you wish, you have my consent to include both my Music and Ambiance Improvement Mods within this.

Either way, it looks very nice. :)

Alright, thanks a lot :) . I will indeed include them, they're excellent mods. :D

I've now done two textures for the main menu and I'm not sure which is better.

Here's Option 1, which was posted above:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/tslmenu.jpg

And Option 2. The launcher uses a similar background.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/tslmenu2.jpg

Or should I do something completely different?

Canderis
03-25-2009, 08:33 PM
I think I like the first one better, but the 2nd one is amazing too!

TriggerGod
03-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Wow, Option 2 looks a lot better then just plain old space. If you can fix it, I'd say make it so that you can't see the stars from the ship hull. (see right hand side)

Chevron 7 locke
03-25-2009, 08:40 PM
After some serious thinking...I'd have to say option 2, Option 1 looks great though.

Yatsookey
03-25-2009, 08:51 PM
i like option 2 it seems to make the menu feel more detailed than just a starfield
great job so far cant wait, just hope you have a place to host it once your done

SW01
03-25-2009, 09:56 PM
I'd say Option 2 as well - it seems more 'complete'.

As always, I look forward to seeing your completed work! Good luck with the project!

:)

HK-42
03-25-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow. I like 2, but the words are kindof hard to read.

Sith Holocron
03-25-2009, 11:11 PM
The second one was from the TFU website, was it not? I'll put my vote with number one (the starfield). If only you could animate the stars behind him too!

Darth Payne
03-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Option 2 is better.

VERY nice work Drewton.

Ghost Down
03-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah, I also like option 2 more..

zbyl2
03-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Would be possible to include both option in mod so you can chose one of them? I personally prefer first menu, (I think it fit to TSL better) but it looks like lot of people like second one more.
Anyway - amazing work Drewton :thmbup1: looking forward to any future updates.

memarik
03-26-2009, 09:51 AM
nice work but i like the first one more the other is kinda like some halo stuff :D

Wedge Suron
03-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Would be possible to include both option in mod so you can chose one of them?

I was about to suggest the same.

How about 2 different mod links, with different launchers being the only difference.

My suggestion, some help possibly with some of them. :D

All Lightsaber and Force forms learnable. - Which I'm asking a friend to allow his which does this, into this. -

Darth Nihilus has more hitpoints, it's been done before but not with this kind of content.

Visas into a Jedi Guardian or Sith Assassin. - She'd be more logical as a supossedly assassin as one than a Jedi Sentinel. -

Atton to a Soldier and into a Jedi Guardian. - Something that's been bugging me recently, he'd be better as a Soldier given his history. -

More Jedi and Dark Jedi robes spread throughout the game.

Visas no longer wearing Clothes but Dark Jedi Knight Robes which would be more appropriate for someone of her place as Nihilus's apprentice.

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
03-26-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm torn.....option one is easier toread, but the starry background just doesn't quite do it for me...

Option two is the one I'm gunning for, but the text should be darker though. =] Some of use like staring into the sun, and are going to be bling by age 35, so darker fonts are good.

But I'm sticking with option 2!!

But, incase you tweak them both then I'd like to have the option of using either one, cause my ADD gets the best of me most days....

But anyhow, you are doing an amzing job, my friend....keep it up!

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
03-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Blue lightning.....love it!

I myself would go for purple for my character, and orange for my boyfriends, but I'm sure I can edit that =]

DarthYuugi
03-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Awsome work Drewton

dholm
03-26-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm certain the font color in "option two" is simply the original font. I seriously doubt Drewton would use that font in the actual mod. :p

I'd vote for the first, though.

Will O' The Wisq
03-26-2009, 05:25 PM
I would go for the second...
Just looks more right in some sort of weird way :S

Ghost Down
03-27-2009, 03:44 AM
Idea! What if you made the background look like the bridge of Ravager? That way it's like Nihilus is standing on the Ravager's bridge..

memarik
03-27-2009, 04:12 AM
yeah ghost down that whould be awesome good idea! :D

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
03-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I'm certain the font color in "option two" is simply the original font. I seriously doubt Drewton would use that font in the actual mod. :p

I'd vote for the first, though.

Good point. ^^' I didn't think of that....

...waugh!!! I can't wait!! (Is way too eager for her own good)

HdVaderII
03-27-2009, 01:51 PM
The blue lightning is much better than the effect that is in the normal game, and the menus both look fantastic!

Wedge Suron
03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Ok Drewton, I got permission from Malxados to give you his form teacher mod to you. Just PM me your Email.

Malxados
03-27-2009, 03:36 PM
I would like to note that, if you wanted to use it for some reason, a V2 is available at filefront which fixes a big-ish problem.

Wedge Suron
03-27-2009, 04:24 PM
That was the version I was going to send him, v2.

Drewton
03-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Since the more common opinion is Option 2 I'll keep that as default, but still keep Option 1 as optional as zbyl2 suggested.

Ghost Down, that's an excellent idea...but the problem with that is that it would appear for Traya and Sion as well. Except if I edited the model files, so I could have different backgrounds for each character.

Darth Scorpius, I'll definitely add more hitpoints to Nihilus, but I'm not sure about changing the classes (not that I disagree with the ideas, just that this is more of a visual mod), and Visas is the only one who's actually an apprentice of Nihilus so I think her current costume fits her better. Also could have come from her homeworld. I'm not sure if changing the costume is even possible without modelling.

For the form teacher mod, thanks a lot, but I'm not really going to have changes like that in this mod. It won't give any powers/abilities at any different time. It focuses on improving the overall quality and not adding anything extra (including content restoration). Thanks again though.

And yeah, that font on the menu definitely isn't final.

I've done a lot more on this, but I think I'm going to wait to show most of my progress until a trailer for this.

However, he's a Sith Trooper reskin I did today...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/sith.jpg

Compared to:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/45/SithTroopDiscuss.jpg

The original was way too shiny. This has less shine, is more white, and has some weathering and scratches (unfortunately you can't see it as much in this screenshot).

maugomale
03-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Gotta say, the new Sith Trooper looks very nice! Keep it up, Drew! Can't wait to see more! ;D

HK-42
03-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Im not a fan of the white, I prefer shiny, but I can change that myself.

zbyl2
03-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Since the more common opinion is Option 2 I'll keep that as default, but still keep Option 1 as optional as zbyl2 suggested.
Ghost Down, that's an excellent idea...but the problem with that is that it would appear for Traya and Sion as well. Except if I edited the model files, so I could have different backgrounds for each character.
You may find model files for each menu (mainmenu00*.mdl if I recall correctly) and then hex edit it to get different texture in background. It would be really nice to see more differences on menu when Sith Lord changes.

Malxados
03-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Didn't think so. Anywhos, I like the trooper reskin. Before, t was almost as if they were saying "Hey! Guys! Look Over Here! I'm gonna try to kill you now! You better kill me first!"

dholm
03-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice skin. I definitely agree that the original is too shiny... but your 'wear and tear' version has a few problems as well. Any material that I am aware of which would be see-through enough that they can use it for the faceplate would be 'shiny', so you might want to bring that back. Also, due to the way the skin is mapped to the model, all the scratches are mirrored -- once you notice that, it jars. (There's also the problem that all troopers would have the exact same scratches, though that's less important.)

Miltiades
03-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Having played with the Sith Trooper texture myself, I can agree that it looks much better without it being all shiny. Good stuff! ;)

DarthSion399
03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Isn't Option two for the main menu exactly the same as the main menu from TFU, except for the stormtroopers and blue explosion in the background, and a different title.

Sith Holocron
03-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Isn't Option two for the main menu exactly the same as the main menu from TFU, except for the stormtroopers and blue explosion in the background, and a different title.

Already pointed that out in entry #39.

DarthSion399
03-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Sorry

Drewton
03-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Nice skin. I definitely agree that the original is too shiny... but your 'wear and tear' version has a few problems as well. Any material that I am aware of which would be see-through enough that they can use it for the faceplate would be 'shiny', so you might want to bring that back. Also, due to the way the skin is mapped to the model, all the scratches are mirrored -- once you notice that, it jars. (There's also the problem that all troopers would have the exact same scratches, though that's less important.)

Well, I haven't seen any problems with the first, but maybe I should check again. Good point about the mirrored scratches, that usually bugs me to, but it's really not extremely noticeable with this one in-game. I could also change the UV map so there would be different scratches on both sides...

Yup, indeed.

I'm doing some planning for the HUD...I haven't entirely figured out how to edit it correctly yet, but I think I've found the right GUI file. Everything definitely looks editable. I'm not 100% sure whether I'll be able to do this exactly yet, but what do y'all think of this design?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/TSLMIM/hudlayout.jpg

The biggest pain with the HUD will be changing the layout for the different screen sizes. If I can edit it at all, I'll certainly be able to do that, but it won't be fun doing it that many times...

Robespierre
03-28-2009, 11:34 PM
Wow, that looks awesome.

TriggerGod
03-28-2009, 11:35 PM

I saw this.
And then I Jizzed in my Pants

Seriously Drewton, that is quite possibly an awesome achievement you have accomplished, and you aren't even done yet. You will most definitely go down in KOTOR/TSL modding history.

As for your screen problem, unless you found some files that would contradict my statement, it should work the same for all the screen sizes.

Emperor Devon
03-29-2009, 12:28 AM
what do y'all think of this design?

Like the rest of the mod it looks very good so far, but I'd change a couple of things.

I'd add a border around the portraits. Since there are fairly large ones on everything else, it makes them look inconsistent with the rest of the GUI.

The combat and action menus (the two on the bottom left) also feel like they should be merged, since their UI is identical. The current gap between them looks awkward and makes the GUI seem cluttered.

I'd also add a border to the mini-map and move it to the top right of the screen. Keeping the GUI as far as possible from the center of the screen helps make the game look more cinematic (though this is moot for me as I keep the mini-map turned off :p).

Apart from that, looks good! Keep it up.

Ghost Down
03-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Looks great, keep it up! :D

Wedge Suron
03-29-2009, 06:17 AM
This is looking a lot like the Force Unleashed more and more.

ojajebie
03-29-2009, 10:45 AM
This is looking a lot like the Force Unleashed more and more.

And it is making me more and more excited.
Thank you Drewton for your awesome work for my fav game. Keep it up!

Marius Fett
03-29-2009, 11:14 AM
That's a really nice design there, Drewton, but like Dev said, keeping things as far from the centre of the screen as possible would definitely be an improvement.

Looking forward to any future updates! :)

Wedge Suron
03-29-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm still watching this, this'll be interesting.

DarthSion399
03-29-2009, 03:05 PM
How are you getting the interface to look like TFU?

HK-42
03-29-2009, 03:08 PM
How are you getting the interface to look like TFU?

I think he hasnt yet, he said that was his design, I bet those are just some great editing skills.

Ztalker
03-29-2009, 03:47 PM
I like it! :D
Keep it up. What you've been showing so far is ace quality. I'm keeping an eye out for this mod.

DarthSion399
03-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I think he hasnt yet, he said that was his design, I bet those are just some great editing skills.

Oh,
Health and force bar and the enemies health bar look almost exactly like TFU.

Ping
03-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow! Just...WOW! I especially love the HUD display you did, Drewton. The visual improvements make TSL look more real. (I sometimes felt like I was looking at a TSL movie!)

Lord of Hunger
03-29-2009, 05:18 PM
I love this, I really do. Less green for one thing, and given how annoyingly prevalent green is in TSL this is already a major improvement. That being said, I don't think this should be made too much like TFU. It should still have a KOTOR feel, just without the green. :D

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
03-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Drewton.....you've done it again....

...you've blown me away with another amazing improvement....

I LOVE the pictures of your party....they're so much more......expressive....

I also like the non-bulky stat bar.....The issue I had with the original is that I don't care what the name is, I just want to see how long it'll take till I kill them! =]

Be sure to keep me posted! =]

*waves pennant* GO DREWTON!

Drewton
03-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks again everyone. :)

As for your screen problem, unless you found some files that would contradict my statement, it should work the same for all the screen sizes.

Alright, great. That definitely makes things a lot easier.

Like the rest of the mod it looks very good so far, but I'd change a couple of things.

I'd add a border around the portraits. Since there are fairly large ones on everything else, it makes them look inconsistent with the rest of the GUI.

The combat and action menus (the two on the bottom left) also feel like they should be merged, since their UI is identical. The current gap between them looks awkward and makes the GUI seem cluttered.

I'd also add a border to the mini-map and move it to the top right of the screen. Keeping the GUI as far as possible from the center of the screen helps make the game look more cinematic (though this is moot for me as I keep the mini-map turned off :p).

Apart from that, looks good! Keep it up.

The larger border around the portaits sounds good - I'll try that.

I can try that as well, but I just realized the problem with the combat choices being at the bottom of the screen at all - when you enter what combat actions you want done, there's a menu that appears at the bottom showing what you've chosen. I'm not going to be putting the combat choices back where they were before again, but it'll be hard to not make it look cluttered at the bottom.

I personally thought that the mini-map looked akward on the right, but I can post a comparison shot and change it if people like that more.

I love this, I really do. Less green for one thing, and given how annoyingly prevalent green is in TSL this is already a major improvement. That being said, I don't think this should be made too much like TFU. It should still have a KOTOR feel, just without the green. :D

Yeah, the green was a big surprise for me when I started playing. From what I'd seen before, I'd expected blue and red (as with the Nihilus and Atris posters). I have been trying to give a bit of a TFU feel to this, but to no more than the menus and HUD. I'm still trying to keep the KOTOR feel with everything else. If I have backgrounds such as the Ravager for Nihilus as zbyl2 suggested there won't even really be TFU-style menus.

I've set up a gallery for TSLMIM on my profile, and here's a hi-res shot of some changes to the Telos Polar Plateau. The skybox, 8192x2048 pixels, has been completely changed. There are a few edits to the shuttle as well, including a complete replacement for the engines, although the detail is hard to see from the distance. The skybox is still a WIP and will probably be darker.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4269/telospolar01.jpg

Disturbed205
03-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow, those are amazing, drewton.

Also, I hope you keep the very first main menu in your mod, IMO, its the best. (I like simple :D)

TriggerGod
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
8192x2048 pixels

Woah. Looks like those extra thousand or so pixels helped because those mountains in the skybox look awesome. Its almost as if you are looking at ultra hi-def mountains, in real life.

Sith Holocron
03-30-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm looking forward to what you'll be doing for the Malachor V skybox. (Will you be able to animate lightning AND improve the resolution?)

The Betrayer
03-30-2009, 10:43 PM
Damn you Drewton! With the great textures you're making, you can actually see how almost every texture in KotOR II is crappy by today's standards.

HK-42
03-30-2009, 10:45 PM
That looks great! I see you updated the door to.

Actually with the great skins there, I think the snow my need a touch up.

Lord of Hunger
03-31-2009, 02:30 AM
I think this mod could use a site. Perhaps you can get a space on DeadlyStream and keep your screenshots and such there.

And I have to say, this mod is going to be epic. Especially since it's likely to be compatible with TSLRP since it only edits skins and GUI and such. The two together will really revive this game.

Ghost Down
03-31-2009, 02:52 AM
Looks great!

Quanon
03-31-2009, 04:40 AM
I'm looking forward to what you'll be doing for the Malachor V skybox. (Will you be able to animate lightning AND improve the resolution?)

I don't think he can use the games textures for the skybox ?

Those are rather small to blow up to that size he's using...

You arent making these textures at more then 72 ppi are you ? Cause that would be a bit of a waste really.

Sith Holocron
03-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Like the rest of the mod it looks very good so far, but I'd change a couple of things. . . .

Since you seem to have a "silver" theme already present (see Drewton's proposed launchers for example), why not make the borders of the minimap and the portraits also silver to have a unified theme?

memarik
03-31-2009, 07:20 AM
i like the the polar region pic nice textures :D

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
03-31-2009, 08:29 AM
All of the pictures look really great...I still am for the original Sion skin, but maybe make it more realistic...like a science experiment gone wrong.... [which I what he really is....kind of...]

I know the place sucks, but freewebs is useable....

....although I haven't been on there in ages, so who knows if its still up there...

DarthYuugi
03-31-2009, 05:57 PM
Wow, that skybox looks amazing

Good work Drewton

Kalek
04-01-2009, 10:34 PM
Looks great! But can you make the lifebars above everyone's heads optional?

DarthRevan2007
04-02-2009, 03:41 AM
is there a download to this modication

voltes5
04-02-2009, 06:30 AM
not done yet

Will O' The Wisq
04-02-2009, 09:39 AM
It's looking better and better.
Are you going to make new heads too?

greggomonkey
04-02-2009, 05:59 PM
will you change the font colour (yes I am canadian)

Drewton
04-02-2009, 07:54 PM

I've gotten a few ideas for Malachor V, such as using Mordor from LOTR and Mustafar for the sky. Unfortunately, when I first attempted it I made it too small. I will be replacing the lightning texture with something more realistic if I can, but now that I think of it, I hope it doesn't use the same texture as the Force Lightning...

That looks great! I see you updated the door to.

Actually with the great skins there, I think the snow my need a touch up.

Nope, no updates to the door yet actually...but the snow has now been done (after that screenshot was taken)!

I think this mod could use a site. Perhaps you can get a space on DeadlyStream and keep your screenshots and such there.

And I have to say, this mod is going to be epic. Especially since it's likely to be compatible with TSLRP since it only edits skins and GUI and such. The two together will really revive this game.

I'm looking at some site options now...updates on that soon.

Well, I may be adding some completely new camera angles to several scenes via dialogue files (TSL Patcher can't do anything about this, IIRC), but aside from that there won't be any problems and I'll be doing a compatability test when TSLRP is done. Judging from recents news, though, it sounds like TSLRP could be released before this. Yeah, it'll take me that long to finish :P . Lol, kidding - they're doing a great job on that.

You arent making these textures at more then 72 ppi are you ? Cause that would be a bit of a waste really.

No, I don't think so.

All of the pictures look really great...I still am for the original Sion skin, but maybe make it more realistic...like a science experiment gone wrong.... [which I what he really is....kind of...

I'm not sure if I think one skin is better than the other myslef, so I may choose not to include it in this mod. But I think it's a design that looks like it can fit into Star Wars and KOTOR better.

Looks great! But can you make the lifebars above everyone's heads optional?

I'm not even sure whether I'll be able to do it at all yet. If I can I'll make them optional if possible.

It's looking better and better.
Are you going to make new heads too?

Modelled heads? Possibly...

will you change the font colour (yes I am canadian)

For what? Whatever it is, though, probably. And good to see another Canuck ;)

Another update: Here's a couple of shots of the Trayus Core. There's still several things that need to be done; this is an early WIP.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/TSLMIM/trayuscore_01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/TSLMIM/trayuscore_02.jpg
^The scratches and metallic look are more noticeable here. When I first tried it, the resizing caused it too look blurry. I blew up the size, and the detail's much sharper.

Sith Holocron
04-02-2009, 07:58 PM
If you change the look of Malachor V in a significant way, won't the pre-rendered videos look a little out of place?

Yatsookey
04-02-2009, 08:06 PM
excellent job on malachor, this just keeps getting better, if u ask me you and team gizka is what is gonna bring TSL to its true form i am anxiously awaiting this mod and now that filefront is back up we dont have to worry bout where you're hosting it eh anyways excellent job, glad to have such a talented skinner here heh if you wanna work for a game company they would hire you in a second if you showed them your work here.

Drewton
04-02-2009, 08:07 PM
If you change the look of Malachor V in a significant way, won't the pre-rendered videos look a little out of place?

For Malachor, the only thing that will look out of place for the pre-rendered cutscenes will be the Trayus Academy. I may be doing something for the Kreia's Fall video (there's also Nihilus and Sion in that, who have major reskins), but I can't adjust the last shots of the Trayus Academy without photoshopping each frame with Photoshop - which is not impossible, but hard. There won't be any significant changes to the "terrain" of Malachor. The pre-rendered cutscenes usually look different from the in-game modules, anyway.

Lord of Hunger
04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
Ye gods, Dewton! What are you going to accomplish next? Produce KOTOR III? Get TSLRP finished by tomorrow with no bugs? Bring back JFK from the dead?

In any event, the Trayus Core is now simply amazing. I wonder what you have blacked out there....

Alkonium
04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
For Malachor, the only thing that will look out of place for the pre-rendered cutscenes will be the Trayus Academy. I may be doing something for the Kreia's Fall video (there's also Nihilus and Sion in that, who have major reskins), but I can't adjust the last shots of the Trayus Academy without photoshopping each frame with Photoshop - which is not impossible, but hard. There won't be any significant changes to the "terrain" of Malachor. The pre-rendered cutscenes usually look different from the in-game modules, anyway.

If it helps, I think there's a mod somewhere that changes that, and a number of other scenes to be done ingame instead of prerendered, including the scene of Visas and Nihilus on the Ravager.

Sith Holocron
04-02-2009, 09:41 PM
If it helps, I think there's a mod somewhere that changes that, and a number of other scenes to be done ingame instead of prerendered, including the scene of Visas and Nihilus on the Ravager.

I believe Alkonium is referring to this: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Fixed_Kreias_Fall_Movie;93256

but there are other videos that would need to be redone as well.

zbyl2
04-03-2009, 03:10 AM
Actually, there is a way to get Kreia's fall movie with new textures.
You'd need to reskin entire Trayus Core, then simply warp to 907MAL. it will play Kreia's fall as in game cutscene you may record with any screen-recording program and later turn it into BIK movie. The only problem I can see are sounds, but I'm sure that you can export sounds from original video and import them to one you've recorded...
Anyway, it's pretty much possible to do :) (and just a note - it's better to NOT try to make it as in-game cutscene. I tried - adjusting music to it is almost impossible, not to mention Kreia's dialog won't work right without making proper triggers in half of game's modules...)

xrefusex
04-03-2009, 06:06 AM
I haven't played TSL in a couple years, but aren't there some animations in the prerenders that you can't perform with game models? Not that it would be a problem for any aspiring director, but if you're able to 're-create' the pre-rendered videos in-game and record them, all you need is to lift the audio-track from the prerendered films and slap it on top of the newly-recorded ones, right?

Looking forward to more updates on this. :)

Ghost Down
04-03-2009, 06:44 AM
Chainz actually redid Kreia's fall in realtime, try asking him how he did it..

zbyl2
04-03-2009, 08:22 AM
All animations from this movie are already in game. As I said, if you warp to 907MAL you can watch exactly same video as in-game cutscene.

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
04-03-2009, 08:40 AM
So, are you actually going to use the ones I sent? If so, I wanna see a screenie....just cause it'd make me feel special....

BTW: I LOVE what you did to the Trayus core.....much better looking...

Will O' The Wisq
04-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Modelled heads? Possibly...

I meant both modelled and reskinned.
Sorry for being a litle unclear

Kainzorus Prime
04-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Bravo, bravo.

This mod has high chance of convincing me to reinstall K2 again, which is not an easy feat after all these years. Keep up the good work.

jonathan7
04-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Drewton, the highest praise I can give you, is that after the release of Force Fashion 2, I may well retire as you are doing a wonderful job of doing things I have long thought of doing, but to a much better standard than I could achieve. Trayus Core looks amazing, your skyboxes have looked wonderful too =) All your mods so far have been to an extremely professional quality (though I'm affraid while I love your new Nihilus, I do prefer the original Sion though :xp:).

Excellent work sir, keep it up!

Miltiades
04-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the Trayus Academy reskin looks amazing. Good job!

Lord2
04-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Wow, this looks damn cool. I've to say I was a bit skeptic at first but you have showed us your skills, and what you can do. Amazing work!

This one... looks like a KOTOR 3 GUI :P

I love the new HP bar above your enemies, I think it will take some time (for me at least) to get used that the GUI is at the bottom of the screen :P

The new portraits looks good too, but I think the map needs a border or something, it blends it too easily. Can't wait to see what you can do with the sky boxes, most of them looks really bad actually. Too low resolution, blurry too.

The launchers looks damn cool too, but this one:

Well the text on the button blends it - maybe you should fix that. You're doing the next generation of mods :D

Alkonium
04-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Wow, this looks damn cool. I've to say I was a bit skeptic at first but you have showed us your skills, and what you can do. Amazing work!

This one... looks like a KOTOR 3 GUI :P

I love the new HP bar above your enemies, I think it will take some time (for me at least) to get used that the GUI is at the bottom of the screen :P

The new portraits looks good too, but I think the map needs a border or something, it blends it too easily. Can't wait to see what you can do with the sky boxes, most of them looks really bad actually. Too low resolution, blurry too.

The launchers looks damn cool too, but this one:

Well the text on the button blends it - maybe you should fix that. You're doing the next generation of mods :D
Having played TFU on the Xbox 360, I can say now that the health bars copied right out of that, which looks nice in theory, but is pretty much impossible in practice, since there's no PC version.

TriggerGod
04-12-2009, 09:13 AM
but is pretty much impossible in practice, since there's no PC version.
The magic of photosourcing is rather astonishing. And this way, it won't be porting (just like how his reskinned Sion won't be porting)

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
04-14-2009, 08:09 AM
Ye gods, Dewton! What are you going to accomplish next? Produce KOTOR III? Get TSLRP finished by tomorrow with no bugs? Bring back JFK from the dead?

xD After about a week of being sick wiht a sinus infection, this made my day.....

I still can't wait....this has been the first time since last week that I checked this thread....

>__> Damn sinusitis.... *shakes fish* [Hehehehe typo...I'm keeping it.]

I also started wondering about some of the other things in KOTOR TSL.....

Minor things, but things like the "military door" in the Telos hidden base that says "it will open via computer" but never does....any idea if you might be able to fix that? o_o'

That really bugs me...I've tried [Honestly, I have no life] for hours trying to find a way to get that door open.....maybe I'm missing something.....maybe I'm just retarded....

Drewton
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Thanks y'all for the comments.

zbyl2: Thanks, I'll try that. :)
The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka: I may just darken them a bit. I probably won't post any new screenshots of the launcher since there wasn't really a big change (and I don't want to show everything before release ;) ).
The Joker: There will definitely be some reskinned.
jonathan7: Retire? Now I feel bad doing this mod, lol...and thanks.
Lord2: Yeah, a border will be added to the map. The text on the menu isn't final, I'll be making it black.
Alkonium: In that particular plan, they are directly copied from TFU. So it won't be porting, as Trigger said, they'll be photosourced.
The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka: I probably won't be changing any of that. I'm not sure if there's even a model for the military door.

Also, with more progress done, expect a trailer on YouTube very soon.

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
04-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks y'all for the comments.

zbyl2: Thanks, I'll try that. :)
The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka: I may just darken them a bit. I probably won't post any new screenshots of the launcher since there wasn't really a big change (and I don't want to show everything before release ;) ).
jonathan7: Retire? Now I feel bad doing this mod, lol...and thanks.
Lord2: Yeah, a border will be added to the map. The text on the menu isn't final, I'll be making it black.
Alkonium: In that particular plan, they are directly copied from TFU. So it won't be porting, as Trigger said, they'll be photosourced.
The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka: I probably won't be changing any of that. I'm not sure if there's even a model for the military door.

Also, with more progress done, expect a trailer on YouTube very soon.

Okay. Just wondering. ^__^ I can just pretend that they really are locked and they need some super-special key thing to open with... >__>

I've been realy busy playing KOTOR....not to mention starting a new game....twice because of the mods I recently installed...

[OFF TOPIC probably] Quick question....do you know if your LS revan robes would be compatable with RedHawkes revan the white robe pack? I want to use her pack, but use your ls robe....

Maybe there's a way to do that.....[/back on topic]

Anyways, keep up the good work. I'm still rooting for you. =]

Will O' The Wisq
04-16-2009, 08:48 AM

Hooray!!! :D

Grey_Ghost
04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Quick question....do you know if your LS revan robes would be compatable with RedHawkes revan the white robe pack?Revan textures should be compatible with all models...Cloak/Uncloak, Masked/Unmasked, and the more Feminine one.

Drewton
04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Quick question....do you know if your LS revan robes would be compatable with RedHawkes revan the white robe pack? I want to use her pack, but use your ls robe....

I think so, but I haven't tried it myself.

I wasn't planning to show this before release, but since I haven't posted any updates for a while, here's a WIP of Atton Rand. The design itself hasn't been changed, I've just tried to make it more realistic, such as by adding stubble to the face, leather to the jacket, and a cloth texture to the shirt. Only the those and the belt have been worked on so far. Additionally, the image has been changed from 512 by 512 to 1024 by 1024 pixels.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2433/attontslmim.jpg

Compared to the original:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e5/Attonfull.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/8/82/Attonfixed.jpg/325px-Attonfixed.jpg

plokoon87
04-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Wow, are you planning on editing all the party members? Atton looks great, I can't wait to see the Disciple and Bao-Dur (if you do them, of course).

Here is an idea for this mod, if you are taking them (lol). How about reskinng the Ebon Hawk inside and out, and make it more realistic...especially areas with lots of buttons, like the medbay, cockpit, and main hold. If you could reskin all those panels with more realistic switches, that would be sweet...and I know that that is not out of your league considering the amazing work that you have put into this so far...I'm very impressed.

Giant Graffiti
04-16-2009, 01:20 PM
He looks a lot more drunk than he used to.

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
04-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Pretty damn cool. =]

I'd give him a goatee, but that's just me ^__^

[about the question] Okay, I'll try and tweak it....I asked her myself and am waiting for a reply...

I have deleted your below post. Stay on topic please, this isn't the place to ask about making mods compatible, please use only the mods release threads or PM's. Thanks. -RH

fenix3279
04-16-2009, 03:45 PM
He looks a lot more drunk than he used to.
... And that's why I love em'

jrrtoken
04-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Atton looks really great, IMO. His jacket looks more leathery, and his shirt more like cloth. :thmbup1:

Sith Holocron
04-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Wouldn't be interesting to have Atton to automatically lose the 5 O'Clock shadow once he gets turned into a Jedi Sentinel, as if showing the character looking like he's gained some measure of self respect?

Lei Hng Wei
04-16-2009, 05:40 PM
I wasn't planning to show this before release, but since I haven't posted any updates for a while, here's a WIP of Atton Rand. The design itself hasn't been changed, I've just tried to make it more realistic, such as by adding stubble to the face, leather to the jacket, and a cloth texture to the shirt. Only the those and the belt have been worked on so far. Additionally, the image has been changed from 512 by 512 to 1024 by 1024 pixels.
I like the look on her face, as if she's thinking: "Stupid hi-res punk." :lol:

Ghost Down
04-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Nice, I may actually start to like Atton! :D

FaZzZa99
04-17-2009, 09:30 AM
this is probabely going to be the hottest mod to ever hit TSL (I dare say it could rival the TSL:RP)

Marcus22Khaar
04-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I like how this mod is going. I can't wait to see it completely done.
I suppose that Atton's hair isn't complete, because now it looks strange and not real at all. As FaZzZa99 ths mod is going to be one of the hottest for TSL. Keep up the good work! ;)

Malpense
04-17-2009, 07:57 PM
I like the clothing texture with Atton, but the face... I dunno, the addition of the stubble gives him a bit of a lumpy look. Almost like he's got the mumps.

redrob41
04-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I like the look on her face, as if she's thinking: "Stupid hi-res punk." :lol:

:rofl:
Kreia looks like such a sour-puss in the background.

The leather texture is looking really good so far. Once you've done all the leather (like his gauntlets) it'll be awesome. I am concerned about the brown shirt texture that you put on his neck. Wouldn't that still show up when he's wearing other armours, or underwear? I'd also be careful with how textured you make the shirt. Now it looks like it's made out of really cheap, rough burlap instead of softer cotton or silk (or some other space-agey alien material).

Lord2
04-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Yeah, that's the real Atton we know. Fantastic.

Hmm... His new fringe looks odd though. But whatever, you're the best re-skinner I know. This mod will totally blow everything in its way when it's released.

Quanon
04-19-2009, 08:10 AM
instead of softer cotton or silk (or some other space-agey alien material).

Shouldn't week keep those for handmaidens underwear :naughty:
Kreia :rofl:

Demongo
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
The Trayus Academy looks perfect!:thmbup1::smilsab:lightning

Canderis
04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
The Trayus Academy looks perfect!:thmbup1::smilsab:lightning

I concur, that is one of the best looking area reskins i have ever seen. Atton looks good too.

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
04-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Not only the Trayus Core, but the Telos Polar Plateau skybox is just amazing....

...It makes me feel like I'm actually there....or at least in the Himalayas...

Demongo
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
I think so, but I haven't tried it myself.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2433/attontslmim.jpg

Compared to the original:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e5/Attonfull.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/8/82/Attonfixed.jpg/325px-Attonfixed.jpg

Atton looks older....I mean not older...He's like who has some experinecne and fought in countless battles :)

fenix3279
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Atton looks older....I mean not older...He's like who has some experinecne and fought in countless battles :)

Exactly. He reminds me of Carth. Only less whiny and actually cool.

Sith Holocron
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
What part of your mod will your YouTube video be covering?

Drewton
05-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks very much everyone! I wouldn't even be doing this mod without your encouragement.

I've had a busy few weeks, and haven't even had time to do much modding, but I'm "back to work" now.

First, replies to comments:

Gιygαs: LOL, hadn't thought of that before, but he does.
plokoon87: Yes, I'll be editing every character and module in the game, and I'm planning to do that for the Ebon Hawk. :)
Marcus22Khaar: Whoops, I completely forgot to keep the alpha channels for the hair. The hair now looks like the original.
redrob41: Yeah, the fringe in the neck texture didn't look good and has been removed. And good point about the "cheap" look, I've tried making it less so.
SithHolocron: The first trailer may be just a short teaser, but I can definitely say that the main trailer will show most of (if not all) planets from the game, all of the main characters, and many of the visual effects.

Although I didn't get much modding done, I did set up a section on a modding site last weekend. I was going to do a website that was completely my own before, but I think this looks better/more professional, it's easier to edit and update, and there's the commenting features.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-massive-improvement-mod

Third: an actual update. I've gotten some of a complete - not just a few edits - redo of Revan done. It's a bit like a reimagining, while staying true to the original concept, and I'm trying to give it a next-gen look. Only a few parts (including the mask) have been done so far, there's still much to do. I'll probably be releasing this skin when it's done, rather than waiting for the entire TSLMIM to be finished.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/revanscreenshot_01.jpg

-Drewton

EDIT: Forgot to add, the new texture's 2048x2048 pixels, while the original was only 512x512.

Yatsookey
05-15-2009, 05:57 PM
excellent job drewton, i always thought about seeing revan in shiny new hd armor, i think it fits him better than the original

Alkonium
05-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Out of curiosity, when will you be releasing the Sion reskin. And, will you be making a similar replacer for the Star Forge robes?

Miltiades
05-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Revan looks awesome, Drewton. ;)

Darth Leo
05-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Truly, Drewton haz ze zkillz.
Just my opinion, but the red on the mask seems a bit... bright. Maybe a darker shade would be better?

Daos300
05-16-2009, 02:54 AM
All I can say is Drewton is a god amongst skinners. Haha but really, Drewton, you are very quickly becoming one of my favorite Kotor modders.

glovemaster
05-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Its all looking really awesome ;) certainly keep up the good work.

I dread to think of how heavy this mod is going to be to download :p I'm sure it will be worth every byte though. :)

vanir
05-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Drewton, both those skins, Atton and Revan clearly show in the screenies how much more lifelike they're going to make those characters look in the mod. And the other stuff, it's just amazing. Truly awesome work.

Btw with that Revan you just made the coolest looking character in the entire Kotor galaxy. I want it exactly how it is, that looks just fantastic and much more like the Sith Lord who was capable of redeeming himself in life, yet the most powerful of his time. It has both Jedi and Sith Lord written all over it like no other skin or look. It is just absolutely perfect, you've captured the theme of Revan to a T. Better than I could've imagined it myself and I'm pretty adept at that sort of thing.

Well done.

Lord of Hunger
05-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow, nice work on Revan! Definite improvement on your previous version. In accordance with vanir said I think it's the fact that you have both light blue and red in the same texture that gives people the impression that Revan is neither light nor dark but both, or rather that he wears either form as he needs to. Great work!

Glad you have a website up, I'll be interested to see who or what you retexture next. I admit this mod does feel very ambitious, which is awesome. I worry that the amount of higher quality textures may slow down game play but I'm willing to sacrifice that to an extent based on what I've seen.

This mod has my full support.

Sith Holocron
05-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Could you post a close-up picture of the engines you've adjusted on the shuttle craft?

DarthJacen
05-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks very much everyone! I wouldn't even be doing this mod without your encouragement.

I've had a busy few weeks, and haven't even had time to do much modding, but I'm "back to work" now.

First, replies to comments:

Gιygαs: LOL, hadn't thought of that before, but he does.
plokoon87: Yes, I'll be editing every character and module in the game, and I'm planning to do that for the Ebon Hawk. :)
Marcus22Khaar: Whoops, I completely forgot to keep the alpha channels for the hair. The hair now looks like the original.
redrob41: Yeah, the fringe in the neck texture didn't look good and has been removed. And good point about the "cheap" look, I've tried making it less so.
SithHolocron: The first trailer may be just a short teaser, but I can definitely say that the main trailer will show most of (if not all) planets from the game, all of the main characters, and many of the visual effects.

Although I didn't get much modding done, I did set up a section on a modding site last weekend. I was going to do a website that was completely my own before, but I think this looks better/more professional, it's easier to edit and update, and there's the commenting features.

Third: an actual update. I've gotten some of a complete - not just a few edits - redo of Revan done. It's a bit like a reimagining, while staying true to the original concept, and I'm trying to give it a next-gen look. Only a few parts (including the mask) have been done so far, there's still much to do. I'll probably be releasing this skin when it's done, rather than waiting for the entire TSLMIM to be finished.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/revanscreenshot_01.jpg

-Drewton

EDIT: Forgot to add, the new texture's 2048x2048 pixels, while the original was only 512x512.

Are you planning on buying us all new gaming PC's? I'm not sure if my computer will be able to handle all of this.

lavosslayer
05-22-2009, 04:03 PM
you wouldn't happen to be able to incorporate that Revan skin into KOTOR2 during the Korriban cave trial too would you? That would allow for consistency for those of us that wish to use it :thmbup1:

DarthJacen
05-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Models, do not usually transfer because of the extra animations that TSL has, the K1 does not. I tried that with the Movie Mandalorians mod thinking the Mandalorian armor was the same model in both, but I ended up with a floating helmet with polygons going across the screen where the armor should be.

But, what am I saying this mod is for TSL

While yes the models can't be transferred, the skins can with models that exist in both games. -RH

lavosslayer
05-22-2009, 05:04 PM
But, what am I saying this mod is for TSL

LOL I just assumed that because it was Revan that it was for KOTOR lol...I knew the rest of the things Drewton was making were for TSL but Revan just seemed kind of odd for TSL. In that case I would love to see it ported to KOTOR too! Thanks for all the hard work Drewton your skins are just fabulous! I can't wait to get my hands on this whole mod pack

DarthJacen
05-22-2009, 05:37 PM
{Snip} If the answer is off topic then yes take it to PM's so you should have replied via PM's too. Also playing a mod will get you into trouble here as well. -RH

LOL I just assumed that because it was Revan that it was for KOTOR lol...I knew the rest of the things Drewton was making were for TSL but Revan just seemed kind of odd for TSL. In that case I would love to see it ported to KOTOR too! Thanks for all the hard work Drewton your skins are just fabulous! I can't wait to get my hands on this whole mod pack

Yeah, me too, I forgot that this mod is for TSL, but don't worry because the texture will port to K1, as well, but it won't change the cutscenes with Darth Revan in it. Those are hardwired into the game, and cannot be modded without replacing them with ingame cutscene versions.

Malxados
05-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Well this is still looking great as usual. Keep up the good work, I'm also sure this will be very popular.

Just my opinion, but the red on the mask seems a bit... bright. Maybe a darker shade would be better?
I also recommend toning down the mask colors a bit, but either way the new skin looks great.

Drewton
06-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Out of curiosity, when will you be releasing the Sion reskin. And, will you be making a similar replacer for the Star Forge robes?

Hopefully this month. A Star Forge robe replacement probably won't be coming until the KOTOR Massive Improvement Mod.

Truly, Drewton haz ze zkillz.

It does look too bright in that screenshot; it will be darker in the actual release.

I worry that the amount of higher quality textures may slow down game play but I'm willing to sacrifice that to an extent based on what I've seen.

I thought it would make the game run much slower before, but my computer actually seems to be fine with all of the hi-res textures so far, and it's not the best at running the game.

Could you post a close-up picture of the engines you've adjusted on the shuttle craft?

Sure. It was before I found out I could do higher-resolution textures, though, hence why it's kind of blurry. I'll probably redo it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/shuttleengines.jpg

Here's a small preview with a completely redone wall on Peragus.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/K2_01667.jpg

Trench
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
*Bows to Drewton, the the Mand'alor of mods*
Can't wait for these skins and changes. Kandosii! Its gonna be the bomb!

Will O' The Wisq
06-04-2009, 03:36 PM
:drop2::bow:

Salzella
06-04-2009, 03:42 PM
the shuttle and the bottom section of the peragus wall are great. the blocks on the top half don't mesh well and look awkward. nice work.

Sith Holocron
06-04-2009, 09:10 PM
the shuttle and the bottom section of the peragus wall are great. the blocks on the top half don't mesh well and look awkward. nice work.

I second what Salzella said.

I really like those engines!

ganoesparan06
06-05-2009, 05:45 AM

Clearly the wall is "indented" all the way along and thats why it looks awkward. It portrays sections of the wall that are slightly forward (or backward) in comparison to the bits next to it.

Demongo
06-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Your skins are just perfect! And yes I agree:
:drop2::bow:

Salzella
06-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Clearly the wall is "indented" all the way along and thats why it looks awkward. It portrays sections of the wall that are slightly forward (or backward) in comparison to the bits next to it.

yes exactly. not drewton's fault - were the wall flat i imagine it would looks as good as the rest of his skins. however, the wall being what it is, it doesn't :)

Drewton
06-05-2009, 02:05 PM
Thanks, glad you all liked them!

Salzella: I agree, the top wall on the second image does look awkward. I'm not sure how to change which texture is used for each part though...

Another update - these are the "windows" for the Peragus command center. I still have to redo the blue lights near the bottom and I might replace Peragus with something more realistic.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3974/peraguscommandcenterwin.jpg

EDIT:

And the original:
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3974/peraguscommandcenterwin.jpg

Darth Leo
06-05-2009, 02:58 PM
All right, now the windows don't look like holes! The mining facility looks great. I'd recommend replacing Peragus, though, at the moment it looks almost cartoony.

jrrtoken
06-05-2009, 03:05 PM
The exterior skybox is a vast improvement over the original, as well as the faux engine glow on the shuttle on the mesa.

This is definitely a promising mod to look forward to. :thmbup1:

Demongo
06-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Peragaus looks much better now! Great work!:thmbup1:

The Spy
06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
You, sir, with every picture you post, you make KOTOR II's original graphics look like vomit.

HdVaderII
06-05-2009, 09:37 PM
Drewton, so far everything I've seen in this thread is amazing!
Keep up the good work. It'll be really great when this is completed!

Christos K
06-06-2009, 06:13 AM
I really look forward to this mod! :) I am sure it will take quite a while to download. If you do a KotOR one I will really look forward to that one as I am a bigger K1 player.

Lord2
06-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Nice, nice... All nice! The engines look awesome, the Peragus facility looks awesome too - everything you've done so far looks incredible!

You better not stop working!

jedi_christian
06-07-2009, 12:51 PM
This really looks great :) Many moddeveloppers could learn from you and implent this textures to their Expansion Packs so the game looks awesome !!!!

Lex.mkr
06-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Drewton, your work amazes me, but there's one thing that worries me quite a lot: won't your mod cause a significant drop in performance? I'm really looking forward to the release, but it's not like I'll buy a new computer just to play it.

Anyway, congratulations! :thmbup1:

ganoesparan06
06-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Drewton, your work amazes me, but there's one thing that worries me quite a lot: won't your mod cause a significant drop in performance? I'm really looking forward to the release, but it's not like I'll buy a new computer just to play it.

Anyway, congratulations! :thmbup1:

It shouldnt.

Not on any modern computer at least.

I mean if you play RPGs then chances are you have newer ones than KotOR... Fallout 3 etc...

If you can run the newer RPGs well then you shouldnt have a problem with this...

Lex.mkr
06-09-2009, 07:07 PM
It shouldnt.

Not on any modern computer at least.

I mean if you play RPGs then chances are you have newer ones than KotOR... Fallout 3 etc...
My computer was relatively high-end in early 2006 (when I bought it). It runs KotOR well, with an occasional lag here and there.

jrrtoken
06-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Since most of the skins are probably of higher resolution, then that does mean more data for the buffer to load than in vanilla K2. Yet the difference should be negligible with this mod, as it isn't a absolute total conversion with ultra-high rez textures, so I wouldn't be too worried with framerate drops. :)

ironheart
06-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Hopefully this month. A Star Forge robe replacement probably won't be coming until the KOTOR Massive Improvement Mod.

So you do have plans for KOTOR improvement? Sweetness.

These skins are a thing of beauty. You really make everything pop out more. I never really noticed how flat the original textures are before.

Mr. Shadow
06-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Looks great so far! The image of new Atton is broken :(
I hope to see you soon do Nihilus and Sion. This is a definite download!

SpartanPride
06-13-2009, 04:04 AM
Looking great!

Have you considered getting Redrob to help you if he's up to it? You guys are the best skinners in the KOTOR community...

Istorian
06-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Hey, Drewton, I go away for a couple of months, then return and there's great work done here!! Might I suggest making a tutorial on how to edit the HUD or the GUI for the new modders?? When you finish this, you are probably going to be 2009's biggest modding revelation!! Keep up the good work!! ;)

Mr. Shadow
06-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey Drewton, I was looking at the newest Peragus screenshots, and I wondering if you would also do a more transparent version of the windows? Thanks, personally I prefer the old windows more... :P

jedi7000nathan
06-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Thanks, glad you all liked them!

Salzella: I agree, the top wall on the second image does look awkward. I'm not sure how to change which texture is used for each part though...

Another update - these are the "windows" for the Peragus command center. I still have to redo the blue lights near the bottom and I might replace Peragus with something more realistic.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/3974/peraguscommandcenterwin.jpg

EDIT:

And the original:
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3974/peraguscommandcenterwin.jpg

great job to quote Calo Nord "i've be looking forward to this for a long time"

neverable2
06-18-2009, 09:12 PM
cool, are all the modules in the game gonna be reskinned, just wandering?

FaZzZa99
06-20-2009, 02:35 AM
This + TSL:RP = awesome

Revan_Malak
06-21-2009, 04:42 PM
I know my post will be mostly pointless and mostly without any purpose but I just wanted to say that I'd play the game a thousand times over just to see every improvement you've made. INCREDIBLE work.

lavosslayer
07-02-2009, 12:48 AM
I hope things are still going smoothly with this project! I'm sure its near the top of everyone's most wanted list! Thanks again Drewton for all the hard work!

The_Dark_Jedi_Malaka
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Good God man!!!

o___O I come back and find this!?!?!?

*brain explodes*

Peragus looks 10x better now....

>_>

Even the crashed shuttle looks amazing...

amazing work....

Lex.mkr
07-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Hey Drewton, how are things going with your mod?

TriggerGod
07-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Hey Drewton, how are things going with your mod?

he updated his ModDB page a couple days back. (http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lords-massive-improvement-mod/news/new-details-and-upcoming-releases) 3 new images.

Lex.mkr
07-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Oops! I wasn't aware that he had another page...

tmandoo
07-16-2009, 01:13 PM
it sucks tht the awesome environment graphics dont go with the sucky character ones tht obsidion gave us.

SpaceAlex
07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Looks great, but I'm hungry for more SS. :D

it sucks tht the awesome environment graphics dont go with the sucky character ones tht obsidion gave us.

Drewton mentioned something about improving the character skins too.

tmandoo
07-16-2009, 05:37 PM
also...(and im kinda mad about this) is it just me or did he completely say FU to his starkiller skins...

Drewton
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
Sorry for the lack of updates on here. As Trigger said, there's a few new images on ModDB, and I also just put the predicted release from July 18 (which would be tomorrow) to August 5.

I'd really like to show the completely redone Sion skin right now but I need to contact someone first about it...

also...(and im kinda mad about this) is it just me or did he completely say FU to his starkiller skins...

Nope, still planning to do them. TSLMIM is just more important right now and I want to make sure I finish it this summer.

Drewton
07-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Finally, the first gameplay video for TSLMIM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnqYPuLb_x4

As I said in the description: Nothing you see here is necessarily final, and there are a number of things that still have yet to be done, such as visual effects, the HUD, and a few other skins. There's also a problem with Atton's hair that will be corrected before the release.

Also, could a mod please retitle this thread "The Sith Lords Massive Improvement Mod"? Thanks in advance.

Kainzorus Prime
07-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Choppy framerate is choppy. Still, I am looking forward to the final release.

SpaceAlex
07-17-2009, 10:12 PM
What in space is going on? What game are you playing? :D

Really great work, man. Peragus doesn't look so homey anymore now (whose idea was to combine horror with baby colors anyway :D); instead, it has a nice metallic feel, which fits the storyline.

The character skins look better than before as well, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that Kreia skin - I believe it could be improved somehow. I like the rest, though.

Keep it up.

That's only the video. I'm sure the game's fine.

Drewton
07-17-2009, 10:31 PM

Yeah, but it's because of my computer, not because of the new textures, if you're wondering about that. I recorded the exact same situation with the old textures and it was exactly the same framerate. The only problem seems to be with loading.

What in space is going on? What game are you playing? :D

Really great work, man. Peragus doesn't look so homey anymore now (whose idea was to combine horror with baby colors anyway :D); instead, it has a nice metallic feel, which fits the storyline.

The character skins look better than before as well, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of that Kreia skin - I believe it could be improved somehow. I like the rest, though.

Keep it up.

That's only the video. I'm sure the game's fine.

Thanks Alex. Making it look like it actually fit the storyline was what I was trying to achieve the most.

I actually haven't done anything to the Kreia skin yet. When I do reskin it all I'll be doing will be adding more detail and making it HD.

tmandoo
07-17-2009, 10:35 PM
lol @ Alex... i thought it was rekinned too. it must be the background tht makes her look different.

Drewton
07-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, I may have left a year-old test Kreia skin in my Override folder...it looks like it by the failed attempt at adding more texture to her hood, LOL.

Lord of Hunger
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Well done! Peragus indeed looks far more metallic as it should be, considering it is a fuel station. I like Atton's look, though the hair does indeed need work. I see that you also used your HK reskin for K1 as a reskin of the HK-50. I'll be interested to see what you'll have for HK-47.

And how are you making Atton walk like that? That's cool stuff.

Keep it coming, I am loving this mod.

Btw, are you planning on making this mod compatible with TSLRCM in addition TSLRP?

SpaceAlex
07-18-2009, 01:38 AM
And how are you making Atton walk like that? That's cool stuff.

Huh? AFAIK, he is using the default walk function that has always been in the game. ::

fenix3279
07-18-2009, 03:01 PM
This mod is starting to make me drool a little.
Exceptional work, Drewton :thmbup1:

Salzella
07-18-2009, 03:31 PM
woah, screenshots don't do it justice, looks awesome o.O

Lex.mkr
07-19-2009, 12:04 AM
It also will edit the HUD, sound effects, music, visual effects, lightsaber hilts, and menus. None of these were featured in the new video.
What are you going to change in the music? That's one thing that I like in the original TSL.

Malpense
07-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Having seen the video, Atton's face still looks a bit like he's got the mumps... or he's doing a Marlon Brando and has cotton wool buds in his mouth :)

FaZzZa99
07-19-2009, 06:56 AM
yeah, something a little wierd going on with his mouth/cheeks :/

lavosslayer
08-04-2009, 04:36 PM
tomorrow is the big day! Hopefully things are going as planned and we can freak out tomorrow about how amazing TSL looks thanks to Drewton's awesome skin/texture skills!

jonathan7
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM
tomorrow is the big day! Hopefully things are going as planned and we can freak out tomorrow about how amazing TSL looks thanks to Drewton's awesome skin/texture skills!

Maybe I have seriously missed something, while drooling over this thread, but whats happening tommorrow?

lavosslayer
08-04-2009, 04:39 PM
tomorrow is the day Drewton said he would release this mod

last post on page 5 of this thread he says he pushed the release date to August 5th

Revan 411
08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Apparently, your right.

Sorry for the lack of updates on here. As Trigger said, there's a few new images on ModDB, and I also just put the predicted release from July 18 (which would be tomorrow) to August 5.

Though, I think I'll see for myself tomorrow weather this is true or not.

Kainzorus Prime
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
He said he -predicted- the release at the time to August 5th. It wasn't set as a definate date, but delayed. And now I'm almost certain it'll be delayed further since there were no updates.

lavosslayer
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Apparently, your right.

Though, I think I'll see for myself tomorrow weather this is true or not.

yeah I think we all will! I'm crossing my fingers!

Revan 411
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
He said he -predicted- the release at the time to August 5th. It wasn't set as a definate date, but delayed. And now I'm almost certain it'll be delayed further since there were no updates.
I know he predicted. That's exactly the reason why I doubt that this mod is coming out tomorrow.

Master Shake
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I love how predictions always come true, especially when they have to do with things being done by a certain date.

purifier
08-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Oh wow! I just saw the video, great skin textures, all those skin textures really bring character to the Peragus Station. It's looks sooo much better than before.

Great job, two thumbs up!

Drewton
08-05-2009, 08:06 PM
Sorry, I'd only predicted an August 5 release date for a very short time. It's been on "TBD" for a while now. I'd set it to just no specific date in August or the Fall but that's unfortunately not possible using ModDB. I don't want to make any exact predictions now until I'm really close to completely finishing. Don't expect this to be done until after you've seen a trailer.

The main cause for the delay is that I've also been working on an alternate version of Episode I, done as a fanfilm, the beginning of an alternate Star Wars saga.

This is still going to be finished, people. It's not going to be like TSLRP.

SpaceAlex
08-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Quality takes time. ;) So be patient, my friends.

purifier
08-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Quality takes time. ;) So be patient, my friends.

Agreed.
__________________________________________________ ___________

Hey maaann it's cool, we know your gonna deliver the goods. :D No worries Drewton, really....really.

BlazingPhoenix
08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Oh wow, I just saw the video for this and I was all *jawdrop* and stuff, it looks very cool!

lavosslayer
08-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Its all good Drewton! That Episode I project sounds cool too! Keep us posted when you can!

Darth Ken0bi
09-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, I think my laptop is gonna explode. Bloody fantastic!

Drewton
09-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates lately.

The reason is I honestly hadn't actually done anything for quite a while. About a month. I know it's a bad excuse, but I just didn't "feel like it", and I've been busy with several other Star Wars projects. The last skins I did were for the Starkiller mod, not for TSLMIM. But yesterday I decided to just put my focus for now on this mod and the KOTOR Revelation fanfilm.

Got a LOT of work done on TSLMIM yesterday. I've started retexturing alien species (new versions look MUCH better), giving some more diversity to commoners, and adding new species such as Pau'ans, Chiss, Givin, Neimoidians, and more.

No images on those yet, though - but for now, here is Sion.

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/1170/siontrayuscorelayer6.jpg

There's some new major plans as well. I'll be having new cinematics in the game, such as for the Devastation of Katarr and Atton's past as an assassin. I'll be using a compination of differenet elements for these, not just game captures. Sort of like my upcoming Revelationfanfilm.

I've also set up a Livestream channel to have news/previews/live gameplay and modding for TSLMIM. Any previews and trailers will appear there for the first time.

Finally, I was wondering if anyone would like to help re-UV-map the models for Darth Nihilus, Atton Rand (face only), Mandalore, and the Sith trooper, so that both sides could be textured. Credit would be given.

Lord of Hunger
09-22-2009, 03:21 PM
While I'm sure everyone would like you to be working on this project like a slave :D, we all understand that you are a human being and you are doing this for free.

New cinematics, new aliens, improved aliens, more commoner diversity...this going to be awesome!

The Sion reskin looks fantastic. More zombie like for one, and he looks less like a wimp.

Request: more screenshots in general would be awesome. After all, the degree of detail in these skins is very...hypnotic? :D

Darth Payne
09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Perhaps releasing a .RAR/ZIP/7z archive with all current screenshots will be a good idea?

And if you renew the archive when you make some progress fans can view the screenies at any time.

HdVaderII
09-23-2009, 04:06 PM
{Snip} The report post function does exist, if a post is rule breaking use it instead. -RH

On topic: I really like the progress you've done on this mod Drewton! These skins are incredible. I really like the pic with Sion on Malachor. Keep up the good work!

JuniorModder
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
This looks absolutely amazing. I wish I had a tenth of the reskinning skills that you have. Do you have a site besides this one that has more info and all of the screenshots shown here?
Thx!

Drewton
09-24-2009, 09:30 PM
While I'm sure everyone would like you to be working on this project like a slave :D, we all understand that you are a human being and you are doing this for free.

Thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Request: more screenshots in general would be awesome. After all, the degree of detail in these skins is very...hypnotic? :D

I'd rather have a new video up soon (very soon) of something never-before-seen up soon instead of having a lot of screenshots up. That doesn't mean there won't be any until then...maybe I'll show some of the new species and one world.

Perhaps releasing a .RAR/ZIP/7z archive with all current screenshots will be a good idea?

And if you renew the archive when you make some progress fans can view the screenies at any time.

When the mod's released, I may put a ton of behind the scenes images on a ZIP file for download on ModDB.

Do you have a site besides this one that has more info and all of the screenshots shown here?
Thx!

Yeah, I have a section on ModDB. It's sort of like an IGN page. Here's the link.

FaZzZa99
09-24-2009, 09:52 PM
i don't think i'll ever be able to look at vanilla TSL the same way again :(

Drewton
09-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Here's another look at Sion. Nar Shaddaa skinning also started today. Enjoy! :D

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/13/12870/sion_narshaddaa.jpg

Quite a bit of difference from what I first posted.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/swfanon/images/8/86/Sion_tfu_02.jpg

Kainzorus Prime
09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
I approve.

Although the short glove seems a bit texture-less from the wrist up.

Trench
09-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Awesome Sion skin Drewton. Quite an improvement from the first version.:D

Darth Payne
09-25-2009, 02:14 PM
I'm all a'tinglin' in anticipation.

Ghost Down
09-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Yeah, looks great. Although his mouth looks a bit ackward.

ojajebie
09-27-2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, looks great. Although his mouth looks a bit ackward.

Looks a bit ackward, because it is TFU Sion :)

Great job Drewton, now we have TFU Sion in old and good Kotor 2 :D.

Triple-Eight
09-28-2009, 05:57 AM
I love this Skin. Can't wait to try it out.

http://s5.directupload.net/images/090928/temp/53y5utmn.jpg (http://s5.directupload.net/images/090928/53y5utmn.jpg)

Edit:

Hey Drewton. Can you make a reskin for the Darth Malak Armor in TSL.

Like this
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=193590&page=2

With the Style of your Darth Malak Skin of course.

Drewton
09-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks very much, all.

-DK-: You're right - it's just black there right now. It will be fixed in the final version.
Triple-Eight: I'm not sure whether I will or not, it might not work that well. But I'll consider it. It wouldn't be until after releasing the Malak reskin anyway.

Here's another WIP shot, this time of Malak/Alek/Malek. The texture's very hi-res (1536x1536), and the intent is to make him look more like his appearance in the comics. I've always thought he looked weak in the original version. The current red outfit is only a stand-in for what will be a complete redesign.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/malek_first.jpg

Heh, with all these Sith I've textured, I should start working on the Jedi...

Quanon
09-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Dang, haven't checked your thread in while :p

Boy! Does it look hot and cool, godly amezing work here!
I do hope, one day, when you finish all the characters you'll get to the K1 Korriban textures ;)

SpaceAlex
09-30-2009, 12:17 AM
Looks pretty amazing - the face is very detailed. :) If every NPC is going to look this good, I may as well retire right about... now. :D

Kidding aside, I'm glad to see this is still being worked on.

FaZzZa99
09-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Thanks very much, all.

-DK-: You're right - it's just black there right now. It will be fixed in the final version.
Triple-Eight: I'm not sure whether I will or not, it might not work that well. But I'll consider it. It wouldn't be until after releasing the Malak reskin anyway.

Here's another WIP shot, this time of Malak/Alek/Malek. The texture's very hi-res (1536x1536), and the intent is to make him look more like his appearance in the comics. I've always thought he looked weak in the original version. The current red outfit is only a stand-in for what will be a complete redesign.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/thunderbirdfan/malek_first.jpg

HOLY QUALITY BATMAN

HdVaderII
10-01-2009, 03:48 PM

That wouldn't be a bad idea...:thmbup1:

That pic of malak looks really awesome. Incredible work.

Darth Corellon
10-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I can't wait for this to be finished. It's going to make replaying the game exciting, In fact, take as much time as you need. Polish, spit shine, tune, and alter to perfection. I can't wait, the work you've done so far is amazing. :D

ojajebie
10-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Finally, I was wondering if anyone would like to help re-UV-map the models for Darth Nihilus, Atton Rand (face only), Mandalore, and the Sith trooper, so that both sides could be textured. Credit would be given.

Quoted For Emphasis!

Drewton, your Alek Squinq... I mean Malak is awesome. Keep it up! :thmbup1:

PS - I am hoping for Chantique skin in the future... Pretty please. :)

Drewton
10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanks for all the comments, I really appreciate them.

PS - I am hoping for Chantique skin in the future... Pretty please. :)

Chantique will definitely be in a KotOR comic pack that I've been planning! I've already started Zayne, but I probably won't get the pack done until after TSLMIM.

I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to add a new texture image to the lightsaber ignition animation. I'd like to add a lens flare as it activates.