PDA

View Full Version : Alien vs Predator

leXX
03-26-2009, 04:23 PM
With regard to all the movies in each series, which are the better, and why?

My vote is for Alien.

Alien has some of the best horror/action to ever grace the screen. The xenomorphs are chilling, and the design by H.R. Giger is hard to beat. Ridley Scott knows suspense. Alien was the first film I ever remember keeping me on the edge of my seat.

When it comes to the second film, Aliens, I don't think you'll find a better script. Some of the quotes from that film are just pure brilliance, and the space marines are bad ass.

Sigourney Weaver was truly awesome as Ripley. A normal ship captain, thrown into the crap, and against all odds, survives.

Imho, The Alien Saga are some of the best films ever made.

jon_hill987
03-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Brilliant quotes? Predator has loads as well.

Poncho: You're bleeding, man. You're hit.
Blain: I ain't got time to bleed.

I still voted Alien though...

Black Knight of Keno
03-26-2009, 04:30 PM
GET TO DA CHOPPA!

Yeah. Predator pretty much pwns.

CommanderQ
03-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Now for the opposing side....:D

Alien is cool, yes....but the Predator films, absolutley amazing.

For instance, the first one...starts off with 'Arnie' and a squad of Elite Mercenaries, on a mission to find a recon chopper that failed to report in, probably due to Columbian Rebels. They are armed to the teeth with weapons that make the Terminator look like a Sunday School Picnic{well...almost:D}

They find the rebels, and totally annihilate them...but unknown to them, they are being watched.....and stalked by a strange creature/hunter that left previously found dead guys without skin.....only one person in Arnie's squad feels they're being watched, but there is no time to stop and search for it because they have to be extracted from the area......and that is probably when the fun begins.:D

Predator practically invented that type of plot...pure genius..:D

Now, for the Predator. He's an Alien, who's like 7 feet tall, awesome face, with really cool blades on both arms, an awesome gun on his shoulder, and a mask that reminisces of Darth Vader, only better. Then his face is just awesome....did I mention that?:D There's alot more awesomeness than that, though.....

mimartin
03-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Alien FTW

Sigourney Weaver was truly awesome as Ripley. First mainstream U.S. action movie I remember the female character being the brightest and the bravest and not just used as eye candy. Although she was not the captain, I believe Tom Skerritt’s character Dallas had that honor. Although she assumed that roll as the deaths among the crew mounted.

Alien and Aliens are two of the better American films ever produced, although besides Ripley and the Alien they have very little in common.

Predator is a fine movie and stands on its own, but Predator 2 killed the franchise. (Which is difficult for me to say with Danny Glover, Bill Paxton and Maria Conchita Alonso in it).

Q
03-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Alien. At least it had 2 decent films.

Predator only had 1 and it wasn't as good as the first 2 Alien films.

acdcfanbill
03-26-2009, 05:11 PM
While the alien films are superior, I have to vote for Predator because I like the mythos of the Predator characters more. The honorable lone hunter who just happens to be the villain from our POV. I have to defend Predator 2 as well, awesome entry. :)

Ray Jones
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I find the skull collection in the Predator ship including an Alien one pretty nice, and both Predator movies are really awesome, but there's hardly a movie out there that beats Aliens. Terminator 2, maybe.

GeneralPloKoon
03-26-2009, 06:40 PM
I like both, but Alien is so much better! The sci-fi atmosphere and the realization that aliens CAN be scary, plus it has space... Predator 1 was cool, especially with Arnie. 2 was okay, but every Alien movie was awesome AND connected!

Dath Maximus
03-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Alien

Kain
03-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Predator>Everything.

Jeff
03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
*goes to watch Alien and Predator* :p

Like I said in the other thread never seen an Alien movies, seen bits of Predator but not all the way through, I did like what I saw though, and I love Arnold movies XD

Q
03-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Just watch the first 2 Alien movies. The others were B grade at best.

Pho3nix
03-27-2009, 07:27 AM
*goes to watch Alien and Predator* :p
Finally. :p

Alien for me.

Dath Maximus
03-27-2009, 10:24 AM
the 2nd alien movie aptly named Aliens is the best of all of them

LordOfTheFish
03-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Predator. The fight scenes in the first films were spectacular.

BongoBob
03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
NEVER SEEN ANY OF THE MOVIES OF EITHER FRANCHISE, AND I NEVER PLAN TO!

*flees before getting hit with bottles*

RoxStar
03-27-2009, 05:14 PM
Alien!

Obviooooooooooooooooooooo

jonathan7
03-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I love them both but;

Alien clearly...

Facehuggers can pawn predators - besides, though Predators do kick ass, they are not scary, you can understand a predator, to an extent you can negotiate with them and if you act like a coward you are safe. You can't negotiate with the Alien - if your lucky your just food...

GeneralPloKoon
03-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Alien had four movies, Predator had 2, :p eat it!

CommanderQ
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
I love them both but;

Alien clearly...

Facehuggers can pawn predators - besides, though Predators do kick ass, they are not scary, you can understand a predator, to an extent you can negotiate with them and if you act like a coward you are safe. You can't negotiate with the Alien - if your lucky your just food...

You see!! That is why Predator is better. He has a sense of honor! Not to mention civilization....Aliens are nothing but mindless beasts who only want to eat people and use face-huggers...the Predators can be negotiated with...to certain degree, but in the end, the Predator almost always kills the prey, no matter what. Unless the prey is Arnold Schwarzeneggar:D

jonathan7
03-27-2009, 08:33 PM
You see!! That is why Predator is better. He has a sense of honor! Not to mention civilization....Aliens are nothing but mindless beasts who only want to eat people and use face-huggers...the Predators can be negotiated with...to certain degree, but in the end, the Predator almost always kills the prey, no matter what. Unless the prey is Arnold Schwarzeneggar:D

Aliens aren't mindless beasts - the Alien Queens are stated as having a higher IQ than most humans. I think you need to read Alien lore before you start making comments like the above.

The fact a Predator can be negotiated with and has honour, means it is the 'better and nicer' adversary, both of which mean the Alien is both more lethal and scarier. Furthermore, the Alien film, is unique in its concept, Predator is not unique. Can anyone name me another film like Alien? I certainly can't think of one, I can think of quite a few films that are similar to Predator.

CommanderQ
03-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Aliens aren't mindless beasts - the Alien Queens are stated as having a higher IQ than most humans. I think you need to read Alien lore before you start making comments like the above.

The fact a Predator can be negotiated with and has honour, means it is the 'better and nicer' adversary, both of which mean the Alien is both more lethal and scarier. Furthermore, the Alien film, is unique in its concept, Predator is not unique. Can anyone name me another film like Alien? I certainly can't think of one, I can think of quite a few films that are similar to Predator.

Well, concerning the first part, I am obviously biased in opinion, heh:D

Better and nicer? Better and nicer?! Did I convey that? Oy.....

I think Predator is scarier due to not only his physique as a monster, but he is obviously smarter in his actions. Perhaps Aliens have a high IQ and are quite scary, but still, they seem more brutal, not calculating, at least in the way Predators are. Concerning Predator's plot, that movie was one of the films to invent that kind've plot. Other films have copied off of that idea, Alien is more difficult to emmulate, which is good, but still, Predator is awesomer:D

leXX
03-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I think Predator is scarier due to not only his physique as a monster, but he is obviously smarter in his actions. Perhaps Aliens have a high IQ and are quite scary, but still, they seem more brutal, not calculating, at least in the way Predators are.

Predator is in no way shape or form scarier than Alien, not even close. I wanted to kiss away his boo boo when he was on the ground bleeding. Not calculating? Did you even see Alien? Everything about them is smart and calculating, waiting for the exact right moment to strike. Predators may be calculating, but so are Aliens.

Oh and Aliens don't need a whole heap of weapons to take out their victims. ;)

Concerning Predator's plot, that movie was one of the films to invent that kind've plot. Other films have copied off of that idea, Alien is more difficult to emmulate, which is good, but still, Predator is awesomer:D

Invented that kind of plot? An alien comes down to earth and goes on a killing spree. Geez, where have I heard that before?

Lord of Destruction
03-27-2009, 10:12 PM
are you talking about the films or the creatures

CommanderQ
03-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Predator is in no way shape or form scarier than Alien, not even close. I wanted to kiss away his boo boo when he was on the ground bleeding. Not calculating? Did you even see Alien? Everything about them is smart and calculating, waiting for the exact right moment to strike. Predators may be calculating, but so are Aliens.

Oh and Aliens don't need a whole heap of weapons to take out their victims. ;)

Invented that kind of plot? An alien comes down to earth and goes on a killing spree. Geez, where have I heard that before?

Well, I think Predator was scarier then Alien, I wouldn't want him hunting me.:D Though the Alien face-huggers did send many a chill down my spine, wouldn't want that hunting me, either....

Alright, alright, Aliens are calculating, but the Predator just has something more...potent..so to say. He's a hunter, he just has that awesome lone wolf thing going for him....not too mention his collection of skulls..:D

The Predator didn't need a weapon either, in the first one he was beating Arnie up like crazy, it took a large log-trap to beat him!:D

Let's not stereo-type Predator too much, eh? There was a bit more then 'Creature comes, kills, and spreads fear...:D

Kain
03-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Alien's were about as calculating as a tiger watching a gazel. Sure, it may look like there is some sort of higher brain function, but in the end it was instinct.

And calculating intelligence pwns instinct.

Ray Jones
03-28-2009, 11:18 AM
acid as blood >> green slime with a glow

CommanderQ
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Oh yeah, it was pure instinct that built a space ship to travel to other planets. No higher brain function at all.

Yep. Pure instinct, I mean just look at us humans:D {joke:D}

Ray Jones
03-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh yeah, it was pure instinct that built a space ship to travel to other planets. No higher brain function at all.no hearty that was another alien race

EnderWiggin
03-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Alien.

_EW_

RoxStar
03-28-2009, 01:14 PM
no hearty that was another alien race

Wasn't that the space jockey?

Q
03-28-2009, 01:22 PM
If leXX is referring to the shipwreck that the crew investigates in the original movie, then yeah, that was another species entirely that the xenomorphs had infected. It's kind of obscure, but if you look closely at the footage of the alien corpse you can see the hole in its chest.

Like RoxStar indicated, that dead alien is known as the "space jockey."

jonathan7
03-28-2009, 01:32 PM
If leXX is referring to the shipwreck that the crew investigates in the original movie, then yeah, that was another species entirely that the xenomorphs had infected. It's kind of obscure, but if you look closely at the footage of the alien corpse you can see the hole in its chest.

Like RoxStar indicated, that dead alien is known as the "space jockey."

In the books it's alluded to the Aliens having been built as the ultimate biological weapon, to be used in a war between two competing alien super-powers, but they annihilated both sides having 'gotten out of control'.

I'm sorry CQ, but you the Alien is scary fact, Alien and Aliens are far scarier films - after all who do you fear more as an enemy? Someone who will kill everyone including children, or someone with 'honour' who will only kill your soldiers? In terms of what causes people to be frightened it is the unknown, you can to an extent understand the Predator; you can't understand the Alien. Furthermore, I cannot really think of a worse way to do than having had a facehugger insert a baby alien down my throat, and then have that burst out my chest = Alien being far scarier.

leXX
03-28-2009, 01:36 PM
I realized my mistake the minute I posted it. I guess Q caught my post before I deleted it. So yeah, just ignore that. :p

But still, trying to say they were acting on instinct and nothing else is wrong. They are obviously extremely intelligent creatures. This was demonstated when Ripley was in the egg room with the Queen, and the Queen got the others to back off.

Q
03-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah, and when the alien in the original movie figured out that it had better stow away on the shuttle because the ship was about to self-destruct, the tactics that the aliens used when fighting the marines in the second movie, how the queen stowed away in the dropship's landing-gear well, etc. These weren't stupid creatures by a long shot. Ruthlessly feral, but not stupid.

God, I love those first two movies. What the hell happened? :(

CommanderQ
03-28-2009, 01:52 PM
In the books it's alluded to the Aliens having been built as the ultimate biological weapon, to be used in a war between two competing alien super-powers, but they annihilated both sides having 'gotten out of control'.

I'm sorry CQ, but you the Alien is scary fact, Alien and Aliens are far scarier films - after all who do you fear more as an enemy? Someone who will kill everyone including children, or someone with 'honour' who will only kill your soldiers? In terms of what causes people to be frightened it is the unknown, you can to an extent understand the Predator; you can't understand the Alien. Furthermore, I cannot really think of a worse way to do than having had a facehugger insert a baby alien down my throat, and then have that burst out my chest = Alien being far scarier.

Okay, okay, you've got me there, Aliens are indeed more brutal than Predators, acting very much like an out-of-control weapon and killing everything. I still think that Predator is awesome, even if his people are more understandable then Aliens, but that is one of the things that make him cool. I like the whole honor-bound race of Hunters, which is pretty awesome by itself, but the Predator isn't limited to only killing soldiers, he could kill the helpless, but he doesn't, because he wants the pleasure of the hunt, something enjoyable from the kill, like a hunter would. He's just cool, maybe not as scary, but cool:D

GeneralPloKoon
03-28-2009, 03:06 PM
God, I love those first two movies. What the hell happened? :(
I liked Resurrection...

Q
03-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm sorry. :p

acdcfanbill
03-28-2009, 03:50 PM
...Aliens are indeed more brutal than Predators...

I'm still not quite convinced of that. Predators rip out your cranium and spine and walk around with it on their belt, that's fairly brutal in my book.

hhunter6
03-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Aliens is hands down the best in the alien series. Alien had it moments but you really see how brutally effencient they are in aliens. Alien 3 and resurrection...ugh terrible. resurrection wasn't bad compared to 3 but those two were the crap of the group.

if they used the original script for aline 3 it may have gone in a different direction with hicks still kicking ass and taking names but it didn't happen that way sad to say

Both Predators were good. 1 is better than 2 though. if they flushed out the back story of 2 alittle more it would have been different but 1 stills rule out odf the two.

i liked both avps. they each had their uniqness about them. Although 2 could have done without some of the shots they had in there. its supposed to be about a predator taking on some aliens not teens in fights in the pool. but thats just me. lol

Kain
03-28-2009, 05:01 PM
i liked both avps. they each had their uniqness about them. Although 2 could have done without some of the shots they had in there. its supposed to be about a predator taking on some aliens not teens in fights in the pool. but thats just me. lol

So you're saying that Av1 was better than AvP:R?

Whatever you're on, I want some. The Predator it Reqium was by the biggest badass Predator to date. The ones in AvP came off as lonely mooks who needed friends.

I mean seriously, they've hunted humans and they know that the ones their dealing with aren't the pinnacle of the species...that they needed their help is really rather discrediting the Predator franchise.

In any case, they should have kept the original script for AvP: 5 minutes of dialouge in a 2 hour long movie.

Jeff
03-28-2009, 05:08 PM
I have seen AVP and AVP: Requiem and I thought Requiem was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in theaters. AVP was enjoyable enough I thought.

Q
03-28-2009, 06:57 PM
You really need to watch Alien and Aliens.

It would be best to just pretend that the other 2 don't exist, along with Predator 2 and the AvP series...

...and the Star Wars PT. :p

CommanderQ
03-28-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm still not quite convinced of that. Predators rip out your cranium and spine and walk around with it on their belt, that's fairly brutal in my book.

By that, I meant in choice of target, Predators choose wisely{AWESOME:D} but Aliens aren't so picky it would seem. Predators have more fun killing their target then just walking around killing any random thing, which explains the awesome skull-spine ripping action{AWESOME:D}

Ratmjedi
03-29-2009, 04:28 AM
Predator hands down. I love both Franchises but Predator will always be better in my opinion. I mean a lone hunter who's out on Safari vs A Queen who uses her Facehuggers and Xenomorphs to do her dirty work so they can simply just reproduce? If you were to pit one vs the other the Predator would win unless he was up against the Queen herself which isn't a fairfight. And as for the Predator's from AvP they weren't even't allowed to hunt by themselves since they were just barely going through there right of passage so I wouldn't even hold them against the Predators image.

What's more scarier? A human with a whole through there chest or one who's been skinned a hanging like a piece of meat at the butchers?

:lsduel: :duel:

leXX
03-29-2009, 06:31 AM
They weren't skinned alive. The victims the Predator skinned were dead. As appossed to having a facehugger attached to your face, alien impregnated and grow in your body, then burst out your chest. The latter seems alot scarier to me.

Ray Jones
03-29-2009, 08:49 AM
I mean a lone hunter who's out on Safari vs A Queen who uses her Facehuggers and Xenomorphs to do her dirty work so they can simply just reproduce?The Predators weren't out for the Alien-queen. The queen was used to produce some eggs to infect the humans to get some Aliens to hunt them down.

And as for the Predator's from AvP they weren't even't allowed to hunt by themselves since they were just barely going through there right of passage so I wouldn't even hold them against the Predators image.What? No. They came there to hunt Aliens, as some kind of rite.

What's more scarier? A human with a whole through there chest or one who's been skinned a hanging like a piece of meat at the butchers?The thing that came ouf of the chest.

Ratmjedi
03-29-2009, 10:53 AM
They weren't skinned alive. The victims the Predator skinned were dead. As appossed to having a facehugger attached to your face, alien impregnated and grow in your body, then burst out your chest. The latter seems alot scarier to me.

I didn't say they were skinned alive but if you were being hunted by either a Predator or Alien and happened upon a corpse of one it's victim's what gonna scare you more? And most of the time an Alien victim isn't even aware what's happened to them till it's just to late. The only scary thing I find about a Alien is when it pop's its head out of a Shadow and get it get's you by total suprise. That's my opinion.

The Predators weren't out for the Alien-queen. The queen was used to produce some eggs to infect the humans to get some Aliens to hunt them down.
I guess I phrased that wrong. I didn't mean that as a actual vs. but as a comparison of one species to another.

What? No. They came there to hunt Aliens, as some kind of rite.

Aliens are used to train and test young Predators by weeding out the weaker Predator's.

The thing that came ouf of the chest.
But the scary thing about a Alien is that it hunt's you in dark or poorly lit places and pops out of shadows. A Predator can stalk you anytime and place which I think is way worse.

:duel: :lsduel:

CommanderQ
03-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Well, I was under the impression that the Predators hunt the Aliens out of a sense of Duty, as they know how destructive the Aliens can be, which is another reason why they hunt them. It almost seems like some ancient duty to them, but they still greatly enjoy the hunt....

MrWally
03-29-2009, 01:45 PM
I've never seen either of the films. Maybe I will eventually.

I think Reavers are pretty scary.

Ratmjedi
03-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Well, I was under the impression that the Predators hunt the Aliens out of a sense of Duty, as they know how destructive the Aliens can be, which is another reason why they hunt them. It almost seems like some ancient duty to them, but they still greatly enjoy the hunt....

Well the Predator's see the Aliens as one of the most challenging prey so that's why they have a Queen locked up so they can make Xenomorphs to hunt whenever they want.

:lsduel: :duel:

hhunter6
03-30-2009, 01:21 PM
So you're saying that Av1 was better than AvP:R?
No i said my only problem with AVPR was that particular sceen at the pool. other than that I enjoyed the movie greatly and i own it as well.

i felt the the predators were killed off to quickly in the first one though.

You saying they are mooks in the first one, have you read any of the comics? there was one who did the exact same thing in the movie as they did in the comic. probably where they got it from no doubt

mur'phon
03-30-2009, 02:30 PM
Alien obviously, if you are able to see the first one un-spoilt, it's a masterpiece.
The only thing predators have going for them is that they are awesomme to play as in the game AVP2, yet even here they are owned by aliens (who doesen't like playing as a wall climbing razor?).

acdcfanbill
03-30-2009, 06:44 PM
The only thing predators have going for them is that they are awesomme to play as in the game AVP2, yet even here they are owned by aliens (who doesen't like playing as a wall climbing razor?).

whenever I played AvP2, I never had any problems with aliens provided I had a class with either plasmacaster or the pistol. Marines with autogun were the only real problem, but that was usually isolated incidents :)

Tommycat
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Alien was far better.
First off, in the first movie, it tried real hard not to show the alien. A piece here, a piece there, then you get the big reveal.

Acid for blood.

Designed by H.R. Geiger

Smart enough to get the job done.
Oh, and I would recommend seeing Aliens Director's cut(incidentally those that played the AVP games, that's where the autogun came from), and Alien in the theatrical form.

Aliens was directed by James Cameron and starred two of the actors from his previous movie which happened to star Aahnold... Terminator.

Predator was a badass, but the alien's whole body was a weapon.

Who would I be more scared to meet... The alien. The predator I might think it was just a ticked off Rastafarian. At best he ignores me because I have no gun. at worst he thinks I have a unique skull and kills me instantly. The alien, At best, I'd be dead from being munched(mmmmm crunchy). at worst, I'm cocooned where a facehugger shoves an alien in me, so I can walk around and be essentially dead. Then the fun of having something forcibly break it's way out of my chest... while I'm still alive. OWIES!!!

who would I say is tougher to beat. Predator. mostly because of the technology. But the thing that makes the Alien more dangerous is the fact that it HAS numbers

Ray Jones
04-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Although I was rather quite impressed how they let the Predator fight with the Alien in AvP.

Hermie
04-01-2009, 08:24 PM
I vote for Revan.

GeneralPloKoon
04-02-2009, 06:33 PM
To me, the Predator looks like a Spance Ranger or some other kind of galactic soldier, whiel the alien looks like its going to kill something horribly and brutally.

Darth Groovy
04-04-2009, 12:52 AM
*stumbles in and rubs eyes*

Rats, I thought this thread was about AVP2, one of the best damn PC games EVER in history!

Damn you leXX! :fist:

RoxStar
04-04-2009, 01:10 AM

Rats, I thought this thread was about AVP2, one of the best damn PC games EVER in history!

We should get the swampies together again to play that.

FOR REAL DAWG!

acdcfanbill
04-04-2009, 02:45 AM

yep, one more brilliant game out of Monolith, too bad the 3rd party developed expansion totally fraked the MP.

GeneralPloKoon
04-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I sadly, haven't played the AVP games, are they still played? What do I care!? I'll probably get them anywyas. By the way, Alien still wins!

leXX
04-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Sorry Grooves, and yes, AVP2 is completely awesome. That damn motion tracker is the scariest thing in a game, ever. Think I'll have to reinstall it. XD

swphreak
04-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Man, AvP2 was one scarely game. You'd be walking down the hallway and then BAM you have a facehugger orally violating you.

I've only seen parts of the Alien and Predator movies (which ever ones that have been shown on TV). I really should add them to my netflix queue.

I thought AvP (the movie) was alright, but I heard AvP2 (the movie) was craptacular. I'll probably add it anyways.

Kain
04-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Hmm...AvP2...I almost forgot about that game...

*checking harddrive*

HEY!!! LOOKIE THERE!!!! Just gotta find that damn disc now...*wanders off to find AvP2 disc*

mur'phon
04-12-2009, 11:39 AM
whenever I played AvP2, I never had any problems with aliens provided I had a class with either plasmacaster or the pistol. Marines with autogun were the only real problem, but that was usually isolated incidents

Then you didn't face some smart aliens in MP, pred stealth doesen't work, and with marines in the same match, choosing a view mode is a pain. Smart aliens, as in either the psykopatic, wall pouncing kind, or the waiting-in-convienient-hiding-spots in the celling kind.

acdcfanbill
04-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Then you didn't face some smart aliens in MP, pred stealth doesen't work, and with marines in the same match, choosing a view mode is a pain. Smart aliens, as in either the psykopatic, wall pouncing kind, or the waiting-in-convienient-hiding-spots in the celling kind.

True, switching between vision modes was a pain and you were never as good watching for both cause you easily miss the opposite type to the vision you are using. The convenient hiding spot type players never raked in enough kills that way to help their team as much and the psychotic wall pouncing kind you always knew to keep a look out for them. Surely they get you sometimes, but they are fragile compared to the tougher preds.

Perhaps when I played it was still early in the games lifecycle that alien players hadn't figgured it out that well yet. Marines with miniguns were also kind of a problem in the maps with lots of hallways like that forge/foundry map.

mur'phon
04-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Explains it, good alien players are a pain, sure they might be fragile, but speed, wall climbing and pounce makes them hard to hit, and hard to see fast enough. Very open maps is of course not very alien friendly, but otherwise I'll place my money on a good Alien player over a good Pred player any day.