PDA

View Full Version : Can't learn custom force power at lvl up.

Malxados
04-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Blech. I'm trying to make a few force powers. I can get them to work fine ( I added them using KSE), but I can't see them in the level up powers screen or in the 'Abilities' screen under powers. I've tweaked the spells.2da a bit and have tried it several times on a new game, but I can't get it to work. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

stoffe
04-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Blech. I'm trying to make a few force powers. I can get them to work fine ( I added them using KSE), but I can't see them in the level up powers screen or in the 'Abilities' screen under powers. I've tweaked the spells.2da a bit and have tried it several times on a new game, but I can't get it to work. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?

What do you have in the prerequisites, forcehostile, forcefriendly, forcepriority and pips columns in spells.2da for your powers?

Also, have you assigned a level when the power should be available in the class columns?

Malxados
04-06-2009, 12:44 PM
For the class levels, they are all 10 for one spell, 15 for another, and 20 for the last one. As for the others, this is what I currently have:
-------------------prerequisites--forcehostile-forcefriendly-forcepriority-pips
(spell 1, row 282)-----****-----------32--------****---------1--------1
(spell 2, row 283)-----282-------------32--------****---------2--------2
(spell 3, row 284)---282_283----------32--------****---------3--------3

There was one thing that popped into my head while I was copying that. Is there anyway to use tokens for the prerequisites when using TSLPatcher?

Star Admiral
04-06-2009, 04:13 PM
Change the forcehostile column for spell 2 and spell 3 to 33 and 34 respectively.

Regarding the TSLPatcher, check the ReadMe that came with it. It explains how to do that far better than I can.

- Star Admiral

Malxados
04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Thats actually what I had them at first but it wasn't the only column I tweaked so I'll try again...

EDIT: still doesn't work. AS for the TSLP, I looked at the readme, and still don't get it.

stoffe
04-07-2009, 05:57 AM
For the class levels, they are all 10 for one spell, 15 for another, and 20 for the last one. As for the others, this is what I currently have:
-------------------prerequisites--forcehostile-forcefriendly-forcepriority-pips
(spell 1, row 282)-----****-----------32--------****---------1--------1
(spell 2, row 283)-----282-------------32--------****---------2--------2
(spell 3, row 284)---282_283----------32--------****---------3--------3

There was one thing that popped into my head while I was copying that. Is there anyway to use tokens for the prerequisites when using TSLPatcher?

I take it the three powers are meant to be different tiers of the same power. The forcepriority value goes from 0 to 2 IIRC, try changing it to that instead of 1-3.

Ad for prereqs, TSLPatcher can't do the sequences linked by underscore, but it shouldn't really be needed; the same result would be achieved by simply putting the ID of the power directly lower in the tier, which you can use memory tokens for.

Malxados
04-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Yay it worked. Sorta. I can see the first one, but not the other two. I'll try some more tweaking and see how it goes.

EDIT: Still can't get the other two to work :(...

Malxados
04-12-2009, 07:02 PM
After reconfiguring the TSLPatcher, removing the prerequisites, and changing the forcepriority to 0 for them, I can now see the other two powers. After replacing the prerequisites, however, I can still see them but they're not in a horizontal line like the other force power tiers. Any way to do this?

Also, as for the tokens for the prerequisites field I still can't figure out how to do that. Could some tell me how to do it as if you were explaining it to an idiot (preferably step-by-step).

Malxados

stoffe
04-12-2009, 07:37 PM
After reconfiguring the TSLPatcher, removing the prerequisites, and changing the forcepriority to 0 for them, I can now see the other two powers. After replacing the prerequisites, however, I can still see them but they're not in a horizontal line like the other force power tiers. Any way to do this?

If I remember correctly (been a while since I last messed around with force powers) the forcefriendly (untargeted powers) and forcehostile (targeted powers) values handle grouping of powers into families/progressions, while the pips values determine in what order they get listed. So you'd need to set the same forcefriendly or forcehostile value for all 3 spells in the same family and then put incremental pips (and forcepriority) values on them.

Malxados
04-12-2009, 07:59 PM
It seems to be working now, thanks. Hopefully I'll still have the patience to finish it...