PDA

View Full Version : The Good Idea/Bad Idea Game

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Totenkopf
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Bad idea. A 90+mph bat is likely to impale someone.

Outliving all your friends by transferring your "soul" from your body into that of a droid/robot/AI/etc.. that looks indistinguishable from any other human being.

Alkonium
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Bad idea. That's how the Cybermen started.

Justifying everything by saying "It's for science." or "It's part of my religion!"

Totenkopf
02-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Really bad idea. We've been there, done that (how many times, now? :devsmoke: ).

^^I don't recall the cybermen actually ever looking human.

Counterfeiting $1s and $5s and stopping before it reaches the stage of notice by the US Treasury Dept or FBI?

Alkonium
02-07-2012, 09:51 PM
Good idea, especially if noone else stops.

Taking a dump in a bidet.

purifier
02-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Fresh and clean feeling idea. Ironically since you mentioned that, you can even get one of those from Astor for around 33$. Astor got business skills, yo.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=bidet&gbv=2&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=110l1312l0l2584l5l5l0l0l0l0l531l1694l3-2.0.2l4l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=8861629474144892172#

Taking a dump on unclaimed land and claiming it as yours, by marking your terrority.

Alkonium
02-07-2012, 11:03 PM
Bad idea. You're supposed to pee on it.

Perfectly recreating the Iron Throne, and using it as your computer chair.

Totenkopf
02-08-2012, 12:11 AM
Bad idea. Such a mundane activity trivializes such a throne.

Ruling the world from the Iron Throne.

.:Lord Revan:.
02-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Good idea as long as i am the one ruling.

Totenkopf putting away his gun?

Totenkopf
02-08-2012, 11:22 AM
Bad idea. I'll use it to shoot you dead when you get near my throne.

Throwing LR 's remains into the dungeon after he tries to steal my throne.

02-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Bad idea I'll come back to life and kick you for being on MY THRONE!!!

Give Totenkopf to purifier to beat with his cane.

Alkonium
02-08-2012, 03:52 PM
Bad idea, purifier will end up getting shot.

Shutting up about this hypothetical throne.

Totenkopf
02-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Good idea: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQnxlHZsjY&feature=related

ME3: Less Tali, more anything else. :dev9:

purifier
02-08-2012, 11:30 PM
^ Ooooh yes, great idea. Now if I could only afford to upgrade my computer.

Give Totenkopf to purifier to beat with his cane.

I wouldn't treat a friend that way, besides I'm straight. :xp:

Having all your sidekicks in ME3 female, with super badass qualities.

Darth Avlectus
02-09-2012, 01:59 AM
Good idea: I don't se what that could hurt as being part of the options.

Keeping a spare pack of batteries around to throw at Beavis.

Alkonium
02-09-2012, 07:48 AM
Good idea. Best be prepared.

Swapping someone's regular lemons with Combustible Lemons as a prank.

Hallucination
02-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Bad idea, it could lead to serious injury.

Swapping someone's Combustible Lemons with regular lemons as a prank.

purifier
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Safe Idea, but the Pine-Sol woman would really, really, be disappointed man because it's just not the same without combustible lemons.

Resurrecting people who kill their spouse and kids when they committed suicide afterwards, so as to face life imprisonment. Because death is too good for them, when they wanted a way out (death) instead.

Darth Avlectus
02-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Neutral: while it might afford all of us greatly to bring such a person to justice like so, I can make no assurances his conscious mind will be returning with the body once resurrected to living so you may end up with a non sentient zombie and that is a real can of worms...all this assuming there is even enough left of the original person left. And don't get me started on all the weird side effects that will probably curse and plague you as a result of the use of such thing.

Betraying the humans as a Repliod named Magma Dragoon, hopning either megaman X or Zero won't come after you.

Alkonium
02-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Bad idea. If they don't, someone else will.

Reading out the subtitles from Backstroke of the West, and dubbing it over Revenge of the Sith's original audio.

Totenkopf
02-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Better idea: do it to the Harry Potter movies and then watch the end product stoned off your ass.

Darth Avlectus
02-11-2012, 03:59 PM
BAD IDEA:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cOIR4gxB_BM/TiDUJSeAcGI/AAAAAAAAAAA/-azeSUS_INM/s1600/crazy-dog.jpg
(You're lucky I couldn't find the "picture unrelated" of the nekkid guy pulling his jackass into the water via rope)

Using anvils as rocks if you were big and strong enough to simply pick one up with one hand and chuck it as you would a baseball.

Alkonium
02-11-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't see the harm in it.

@Totenkopf: Backstroke of the West is an Engrish version of Revenge of the Sith.

Using houses to burn someone's lemon down.

Darth Avlectus
02-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Neutral: It's a bit overboard just to burn a lemon down...if by lemon we are being literal...otherwise if we mean someone's automobile...still a bit over board. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Seasoned curly fries made from nightcrawler worms thrown into the frier.

Totenkopf
02-11-2012, 08:33 PM
Only a good idea if they actually taste good.

@Totenkopf: Backstroke of the West is an Engrish version of Revenge of the Sith.
I know, I looked it up before typing that. That's why I said to watch it stoned to the other film. ;)

Asking Jules..."what?" while he's too stoned/otherwise preoccupied to shot your sorry butt.

Darth Avlectus
02-12-2012, 12:54 AM
Neutral: Probably harmless, but I would not push my luck.

Bacon at the sign of problems.

Alkonium
02-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Good idea. It's bacon.

Bacon-flavoured booze.

Darth Avlectus
02-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Neutral-good: I'm inclined to say good just b/c it's bacon but I'm not too experienced with booze so that sort of $***s on my credibility.

Bacon armor for cops. :xp:

Hallucination
02-12-2012, 03:16 AM
Bad idea, not only is it worthless for protection, but it'll render K9 units useless.

Bacon packaging for pancetta.

Totenkopf
02-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Bad idea if only b/c of spoilage issues. Otherwise, a bit redundant.

Donut prohibition for cops?

purifier
02-13-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't know Tot, that might be a bad idea. Only because those copers really get cranky when they don't get their donuts at least once per day. They've been known to get a little crazy, over small violations.

Cop: I clocked you going one mile over the speed limit, sir.

Motorist: Oh! My bad officer, I was just.....

Cop: ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR? *breaks out mace can, sprays motorist*

Motorist: WHAT THE HELL, MAN!

Cop: THAT'S IT! RESISTING ARREST...GET OUT OF THE CAR!

Motorist: BUT, BUT, I....

Cop: *BLAM! - BLAM, BLAM, BLAM! holsters weapon* Thought you was gonna use your vehicle as a deadly weapon against me, didn't ya buddy?! Yeah, that'll learn ya.

Combining Judge Dredd's DNA and Robocop's DNA to make supercops.

Darth Avlectus
02-13-2012, 02:24 AM
Excessive idea: they did fine separately so let us not spoil a good thing. These things rarely go well, no matter how well intended.

@Hall: forgive the 'mericanized humor. The joke behind that is that cops are pigs, hence Duke Nukem.

Going to the Duke Burger.

Alkonium
02-13-2012, 05:11 PM
Bad idea. Sounds seedy.

A parody of Duke Nukem called Duke Pukem, or Puke Nukem, in which instead of shooting stuff, you vomit on it.

Totenkopf
02-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Sickening. :xp:

Seducing your worst enemy's superhot girl while he's helpless to stop you.

Alkonium
02-13-2012, 11:59 PM
Bad idea. If you're his enemy, you're probably hers too.

Replacing the fortunes in Fortune Cookies with ads.

02-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Bad idea i like to know how someone is looking up to me =)

Be happy that Whitney Houston is dead.

purifier
02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Provocative Ideal: You could be taking narcissism to a whole new level, as well as becoming a target for Whitney Houston fans; and they would probably label you as a racist, btw.

Becoming a entrepreneur in Sasquatch wrestling.

Totenkopf
02-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Great idea.....if your name is P T Barnum.

Developing a true cloak of invisibility, but which only works for about an hour at a time.

purifier
02-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Good Idea. Anyone could need the ability to hide their ass when the moment arises, even if it's only for an hour. Like when the women your with, has her husband unexpectly come home.

From this day forward, labeling specific political members of the U.S. government as the bad, the ugly, and the retarded.

Darth Avlectus
02-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Good idea: it's inevitable that most people become corrupt in the mid to upper echelons. I'm frankly so sick of it all I can hear my newly made stakes begging to skewer someone and I can't think of anyone more deserving than a politician.

Hitting it harder if it doesn't bleed.

purifier
02-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Sensible idea: Especially if your a Vampire, I mean you gotta get something (preferably blood) out of it before rigor mortis sets in...right?

Beating a dead horse back to life.

Alkonium
02-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Good idea, but you'll want to check local and federal laws concerning necromancy first.

Making a business out of Necromancy.

purifier
02-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Damn good idea: Btw, I've studied up on some of the techniques used with necromancy, but ironically it involves a dead horse.

Using necromancy to raise limp pe, I mean cure erectile dysfunction.

Alkonium
02-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Really bad idea. "It" could end up with a will of its own and try to kill you.

Naming your female assassin-type character in an RPG "Stabitha".

Darth Avlectus
02-15-2012, 05:24 PM
Good idea: Combining Tabitha and the compulsion to Stab...why not? :devsmoke:

Not curing the 'bugz on your nutz' problem, where you're trying to sleep but they're up watching TV, trying to walk to the store and grab your "fourty" (bottle), all for a little comedic profit. (ICP reference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZEeAap6Vt8))
(I guess "alternative" sex with homeless prostitute women behind dumpsters doesn't pay in the long run. *itch itch itch* Anybody have a spare razor? I promise I'll bring it back! :D)

Totenkopf
02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Bad idea, b/c soon that problem will be biting you in the ass. :xp:

Lending your razor to DA.

Alkonium
02-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Bad idea. Odds are he'll try to kill me with it, and make it look like a suicide.

Sponsoring a sport called Murderball.

Darth Avlectus
02-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Excellent idea: I have a list of candidates and have been looking to find more creative ways to off them remove them from that list.

Lending Totenkopf a razor even though he doesn't need it.

Alkonium
02-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Neutral Idea. He seems relatively sane.

When applying for a job, getting a friend to also apply, but then snap during the interview.

Darth Avlectus
02-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Good idea if your intent is not to be hired but possibly get your friend accepted. Tread carefully. *shrugs*

Investing in some syrups because there is a very real possibility tomorrow that one of your clients will simply give you an unused soda maker, rich and often buying stuff they never ever use.

Totenkopf
02-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Perhaps a good idea if the chances are near 100% that it'll happen and the syrups don't set you back too much. Otherwise 50-50.....like many investments.

Playing your favorite vidya on a 60" hdtv.

Darth Avlectus
02-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Marginal unless you actually have the HDTV that goes with it.

"Using" a funnyns bag in light of a proper substitute.

Alkonium
02-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Good idea. Go for the real thing when you can.

Children's toys that are supposed to catch fire.

Darth Avlectus
02-18-2012, 10:26 PM
Good idea: today's youth are far too sheltered and have it far too easy.

Continuing to leave ambiguous the fates of certain past GTA characters--suffice it to say they, the ones I have in mind from the GTA 3 era are confirmed to be dead anyway, so essentially leave the details blurry.

Alkonium
02-21-2012, 12:35 PM
Good idea. Leaves them open to return.

Bethesda deliberately making The Elder Scrolls VI needlessly complicated to appease the whiners.

Totenkopf
02-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Good idea.....if the whinging whiners are their core market for that game, otherwise it'd probably be a mistake.

Forcing high tax advocates to have to give most of their millions+ to the govt before demanding it of the rest of us.

Darth Avlectus
02-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Good idea. I resent that my parents, whose retirement is everything they put into their house, should have to face an increase in capital gains taxes SO CLOSE TO RETIREMENT, simply on account that it is considered an "investment"...hence I think OWS should really try to educate itself a little better.

Making it so that certain people (Emperor George) who want oil from Canada shipped here via their trains as opposed to a pipeline, should have to pay a stiff penalty for being selfish and tyrannous.

Totenkopf
02-22-2012, 01:59 AM
Good idea......though hangin' might be too good for him. :devsmoke: I think perhaps we should get him to answer "what?" to a question posed by a Jules Winfield lookalike. ;)

Restricting cosplaying to the more attractive of the fairer sex.

Hallucination
02-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Bad idea, that mean mean half the non-cat jokes on the internet would die out.

Trying to burn down the sun.

@Avlectus: It's too late, the oil's going to China if King Steve has his way (that is, if he manages to talk the B.C. government, Haida, Nisga'a, and whoever else is between the oilsands and Vancouver).

Darth Avlectus
02-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Pointless...enough said...

would be @ Totenkopf: Neutral...aww c'mon, you don't find it hilarious when some naive guy starts getting hot and bothered for a trap only to be told it's a trap and have a freakout afterwards?

Telling lady gaga to get out while the getting is good, because like forgetting to take out the garbage, it really gets old after awhile. (No offense to any fans, I just don't think she's all that good, and it looks like she is desperate for attention so I am compelled to ignore her until points where I have no choice, then my only reaction to it is disgust.)

@ Hal. >_< Well, S***. There goes any hope of our economy in the U.S. recovering in the next 25 years. :disaprove
Thanks Mr. President.

Alkonium
02-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Bad idea. That motivate her to get even weirder.

The makers of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic forgetting about their original target audience and catering exclusively to bronies.

Totenkopf
02-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Bad idea......the tent is big enough for both groups.

Replacing career pols w/people who actually give a **** about their country.

Alkonium
02-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Good idea, provided they can get past the election process.

As an employer, making a point of hiring the most amusing applicant instead of the most qualified.

Hallucination
02-22-2012, 06:30 PM
Possibly paradoxical idea: If you work in an entertainment company, the most amusing applicant would often be the most qualified, so who do you hire instead of him?

As an employer, hiring the person with the shortest coverletter and resumé instead of the most qualified applicant.

Alkonium
02-22-2012, 06:34 PM
Good idea. Then you can mark everyone else's with TL;DR.

As a musician, faking your death whenever you release a new album.

Hallucination
02-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Great idea, that way it builds hype for the first 6 or 7 albums, and when you actually die people will be totally stoked for a week or two before being bummed out and feeling ashamed.

Faking being an interesting person for your whole life.

Alkonium
02-22-2012, 08:39 PM
Good idea. Faking being interesting is pretty interesting in and of itself.

Using Combustible Lemons to make Lemonade.

Darth Avlectus
02-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Excellent idea: "explosive flavors" sell in droves.

Replacing matches with laser ignition in general

Totenkopf
02-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Depends on how cumbersome the laser ignition device is.

Knowing everything important about everyone else.

Alkonium
02-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Bad idea. There's plenty of important stuff you don't want to know.

An official crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Game of Thrones.

Darth Avlectus
03-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Good idea: I mean, at least it isn't being mixed with Barbie's horse adventure or something.

Getting Nintendo to STOP having Princess Peach sound so perverted all the time.

Alkonium
03-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Bad idea. They'll oblige, but she'll sound worse than perverted instead.

Lampooning your critics.

Darth Avlectus
03-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Good idea: Trolling ass clowns deserve to be given $*** in a most playful manner. F*** them if they can't take a joke.

Using parts from a defunct stereo amplifier to make a high current capacitor charging power supply on the cheap because buying new is ridiculously expensive.

Alkonium
03-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Bad idea. Defunct can be a pretty vague term.

Reenacting the boom box scene from "Say Anything...", but with "Big Time" instead of "In Your Eyes".

Darth Avlectus
03-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Good Idea: If I don't get it after watching it and attempting to substitute the words like you direct then it has to be a good thing...right?

Making a freeware, epically fun flash game with somewhat customizable characters, and a number of appearances among unique ones are mild knockoffs of popular characters--just shy of gimmick infringement. (I.E. a fighting RPG and characters resemble those of street fighter, KOF, final fantasy 7 thru 10, bleach, naruto, etc.)

Alkonium
03-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Isn't that Mugen?

Hiring squirrelking to write for your video game/film/TV show.

Totenkopf
03-03-2012, 05:07 PM
A really squirrely idea. :xp:

Banning DA from playing with lasers.

Darth Avlectus
03-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Neutral Idea: Good luck with that.

@Alk: Could be, I suppose that's close enough. I was referring to something else though.

Banning Totenkopf from blue cars.

purifier
03-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Good idea: He now drives a fuzzy pretty pink car, but has better luck with it, not one problem from here on out and it gets 100 miles to the gallon. (well I guess you haft to make a sacrifice in someway, Tot :D)

Banning "screw you out of your money and making bad promises" politicians from government.

Alkonium
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Good idea, but don't expect it to go smoothly.

Playing Minecraft while hopped up on pain pills.

Totenkopf
03-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Good idea....if the game gives you a headache.

Getting purifier a better pair of glasses so he can see that "I'm" not actually driving the car (I had to commandeer a hot Mary Kay cosmetics salewoman in her fuzzy pink cadillac while chasing my prey ;) ).

Darth Avlectus
03-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Good idea, except the money came from your credit. I'm sure he appreciates the charity though.

Using a trash compactor to downsize all that troublesome styrofoam.

Alkonium
03-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Good idea. For once I see no harm in it.

Putting the heating on Yogscast-style.

Darth Avlectus
03-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Good idea: any creative way to heat things up in this cold, cold galaxy has to be good, right? Certainly from a gaming perspective. :p Whatever with 2 strange people with British accents...Not sure I get it but it's pretty funny. Come to think of it I have watched them before...

Making your own pulsed multigas laser, with flatulence as the lasing medium obtained by suction cup funnel around your arse similar to the way fat@$$ Preston did on jackass the movie 2 farting into it, except the vacuum pump sends it to a reservoir which can hold it and slow release the reserves as needed.

Actually, a video on physics at an American university had a several minute segment on this very thing.

Alkonium
03-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Good idea. It's not like you'll run out fuel anytime soon.

@DA: It's basically setting a hard wood floor on fire.

Turning your toilet into a replica of the Iron Throne.

Darth Avlectus
03-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Good idea. Toilets are one of the greatest inventions ever, just like garbage bags. Versatility is a side benefit and you're only utilizing the orignal invention to its fullest potential.

Gifting Beavis with his very own tool shed so he'll leave yours alone (if you are Tom Anderson).

purifier
03-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Beneficial idea.Then Beavis could polish his own tool instead of Tom's.

Making our Presidential Candidates fight to the death to win the U.S. Presidency of our country, instead of the usual way with campaigns, debates, and voting.

Alkonium
03-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Good idea. We should be able to weed out a few idiots and nutjobs that way.

Fighting bullying with cannibalism.

Darth Avlectus
03-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Great idea: we'd solve a lot of starvation issues, discourage bullying behavior (ot just the brutish kind either), and PETA wouldn't have to complain as much that we kill innocent animals for our meat, since humans are classified differently.

Punishing racially motivated sexual assaults by forcibly pouring 1 quart of molten lead down the perpetrators' gullets.

Alkonium
03-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Good idea. Why restrict it to that one type of crime.

Dealing drugs for charity.

Hallucination
03-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Excellent idea, that way you get people addicted to giving.

Selling a diet plan that involves regular use of activated charcoal.

Alkonium
03-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Good idea, especially if the diet plan also includes poison.

A cheap knockoff of Shreddies called Shredders.

Darth Avlectus
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Bad idea: People who made Shredder for TMNT will come after you for gimmick infringement.

Throwing excess food out your back door, knowing bunnies are living in your woodpile in the back yard.

Alkonium
03-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Good idea. They need food to.

Shooting a policeman, stealing his helmet, going to the toilet in his helmet, sending it to his grieving widow, and then stealing it again.

Darth Avlectus
03-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Excellent idea: you should write background stories and missions for games like GTA or Saint's Row, or something like that.

Stealing something stealthily to gift for prospective hoebag conquests (claiming you bought it for them, of course), then when you are done defiling them for all they are worth, stealing it back.

"Bitch I didn't buy you that, I *stole* you that, then I stole it back" (--Violent J, ICP) :devsmoke:

Totenkopf
03-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Good idea if you like being an evil prick and are shtupping a wallfolwer and not some psycho.

Forcing EA and Bioware to "fix" ME3.

Alkonium
03-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Bad idea. Anything that could convince them probably counts as terrorism.

My last post was a reference to this (http://youtu.be/ALZZx1xmAzg).

Using a fire extinguisher marked "Made in Britain".

Darth Avlectus
03-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Neutral: I'm not one to necessarily prejudge a product...umm, I'll say good if it has been properly maintained and bad if it hasn't...

@Alk: :rofl:

This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj1heGiIehU) as a ringtone.

Alkonium
03-17-2012, 03:03 PM
Good idea, if you want several fists to the face every time you need to take a call.

And my last post was a reference to this (http://youtu.be/1EBfxjSFAxQ)

Using this (http://youtu.be/wblE8YYLyQ0) as a ringtone.

Darth Avlectus
03-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Good idea: Nothing lets people know that you care like a good time.

Buying a hacked NES cartridge for the sake of having your favorite rom hack on console and to call it a collectible of a special kind.

Alkonium
03-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Bad idea. I'm pretty sure that doesn't constitute a collector's item.

Shouting "Prepare yourself, Narnia!" whenever you open a wardrobe.

Darth Avlectus
03-27-2012, 01:54 AM
Bad Idea: IIRC the wardrobe fell over and squished somebody...or so is the impression I got from gmod idiot box.

A hated cousin...
-dude has 4 sisters and all of them have a scar in the same place on same eyebrow from him getting pissed off and hitting them at one point
-dude always does something to get younger family members to hurt themselves for his amusement
-dude is not sorry and "doesn't have attitude", it's just your problem
-dude is 6'0" tall, 245 lbs, worked construction all his life, mid 40s, massive thick arms
-dude has brawled and can take 20 hits to the head that would knock out anyone else just like a drunk mexican
-dude is a know it all, and hits you if you try to disprove him

Taking police X-26 taser, prod him and hold it on for about 1 minute.
While he is incapacitated, taking a 15 amp angle grinder to his scalp, let it catch, and leave its trigger stuck on.
Kick him in the balls while he's down.
Walk away and let him save himself...I mean he's a construction worker afterall so he can handle himself even if the grinder wheel goes through bricks and steel.
?????????
Profit.

Totenkopf
03-27-2012, 01:57 AM
Good idea if it's a really slow day and you've nothing better to do or just likely a bloody good time.

Wrecking a Holiday Inn and and saying you're related to the late Keith Moon.

Darth Avlectus
03-27-2012, 02:00 AM
Good idea: Sounds like a contingency plan.

Connecting an electrolytic capacitor to DC power backwards.

Totenkopf
03-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Shockingly bad idea.......unless you're just auditioning for a role in a new Jackass movie.

Scamming a scammer.

Darth Avlectus
03-27-2012, 05:09 AM
Only a good idea if you can out scam him...Otherwise a better idea would be to simply brain him.

Pissing off serious gamers.

Totenkopf
03-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Not generally a good idea unless you know they're your bitches no matter what you do.

Saying "what?" to Jules Winnfield while he's powerless to stop you.

Alkonium
03-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Great idea. I love getting people frustrated like that.

Making Jules Winnfield say "What" several times, and then shooting him.

Darth Avlectus
03-27-2012, 09:02 PM
*guns ready* <PLAF! PLAF! PLAF! PLAF! PLAF! PLAF! PLAF! PLAF!>
Bad Idea: Nice try mothaf***ah.

Propping up Charlie Rangel as a model of ethical financial behavior.

Alkonium
03-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Good idea, if you're taking the "What not to do" approach.

Shouting Wuld Nah Kest while atop the Throat of the World.

purifier
04-07-2012, 07:10 PM
Experimental idea? I guess, if your talking about shouting the words and dashing to some other point in the game. I'm not really sure if it's a good idea or bad idea, Alk, since I'm not into the Elder Scrolls game. (but I have a feeling you've already done it, if that's what your talking about.)

Driving your speed boat in a circle as fast as it will go to create a whirlpool.

Alkonium
04-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Bad idea. Odds are if you pull it off, you'll get caught in it.

Swapping someone's guacamole dip with wasabi as a prank.

Darth Avlectus
04-08-2012, 01:44 AM
Good idea with discretion. I actually know of an instance or two of that happening.

Getting games specifically for teabagging other players. :devsmoke:

Alkonium
04-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Neutral idea. Noone will know the difference, but it seems kind of like a scumbag thing to do.

Running in an election with the campaign promise of "Chainsawing the Red Tape".

Hallucination
04-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Good idea. It won't lead to any real change, but it might make future political buzzwords more interesting.

Running an election campaign by challenging all your rivals in a marathon.

purifier
04-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Good idea. That will also eliminate the hackers from the non-hackers. Leaders must be strong physically, not just mentally.

How about this: Also, as part of those election campaigns, making our canididates participate in TV game shows like Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune. Only the grand prize is not money, just votes for who has the most brains.

Alkonium
04-08-2012, 06:29 PM
It has merits, but it also seems undemocratic.

A business where once a month, one randomly chosen employee is fired for no reason, regardless of their standing in the company.

Darth Avlectus
04-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Bad idea: That kind of thing looming over workers' heads in today's western societies is rather counter productive.
Now if we're talking about in China, onthe other hand, I believe that is their MO.

Dousing Sweet Tooth's hair and beating the living crap out of him.

Totenkopf
04-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Good idea......he desperately needs a beatdown (as do all clowns......esp of the @ss variety :devsmoke: )

Taking over EA and making them more customer/player friendly.

Darth Avlectus
04-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Good idea. Just on principle.

Taking a piss in the boiler of your high school's boiler room on the last day of your senior year. (true story)

Alkonium
04-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Good idea. What are they going to do about it.

Packing your workplace's microwave full of eggs, and setting it to run for 99:99 on your last day.

Hallucination
04-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Depends on whether or not you mind burning bridges at this workplace. Or filling bridges with exploded eggs, if you want to get technical.

Wrapping your friend's car in saran wrap and painting it the most ugly shade of his favourite colour for his birthday.

Totenkopf
04-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Neutral, actually, but sounds like a lot of work.

Paying an illegal $3 to do it for you.

Alkonium
04-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Bad idea, especially if it's with a $3 bill.

Reading A Game of Thrones to children at a Daycare.

Totenkopf
04-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Could be a good idea, but depends on how you do it. Kids aren't gonna remember a lot of stuff anyway (with their short attention spans and all).

Acting out scenes from A Game of Thrones to a hostage audience, er I mean a bunch of kids, at daycare.

Alkonium
04-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Really bad idea. That's how you scar kids for life.

Buying ridiculous amounts of nonfunctioning video game paraphernalia (including consoles, cases, discs, cartridges, and controllers) in order to build the Throne of Games.

purifier
04-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a expensive idea, but hey...if you got the money, I don't see why not.

Creating a Red Forman club, where every new member has to recieve a foot up the ass for their initiation as a club member.

Alkonium
04-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Bad idea. If that's initiation, I'd hate to see what reprimanding is like.

Touching MC Hammer.

Darth Avlectus
04-24-2012, 03:31 AM
Good idea: History has proven MC was indeed touchable. At least in the records of rap sense...what you might be referring to might be a different story because I can never be too sure ...not with the likes of Alkonium.

Finding that chunk of meteorite that crashed near me.

Alkonium
04-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Good idea. If it's dangerous, you'll then know where to avoid. If it's not, you'll know where to retrieve it from.

Mixing Decaf and espresso together as a substitute for regular coffee.

Totenkopf
04-25-2012, 02:43 AM
Only a good idea if there's no more regular coffee.

Pantsing the principal during an assembly.

Darth Avlectus
04-25-2012, 03:13 AM
Good idea, the suspension is sooooo worth it. Wow, never would have suspected an intellectual (ok maybe not a total intellectual, but compared with several people I know, you are) of wanting to do this.

Using a cracked broken plastic laundry hamper to try your hand for the first time at plastic welding with a plastic welding kit (http://www.harborfreight.com/welding/plastic-welders/plastic-welding-kit-80-watt-iron-67102.html).

Cheat:

I did it and I am not unhappy with the result. May not look pretty but it's functional once again and extend the life of what would be an otherwise worthless item. My only regret is not having a respirator and forced air evacuation...so I did it out in the driveway--some fumes just couldn't be avoided even outside. I give this product a good pass. Has its problems being so cheap, but part of the charm is the value if you can make it work! Nothing some tutorials on YT couldn't help.

Alkonium
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Good idea. That seems safe enough.

Attempting to brew mead without any of the proper equipment, and resorting to stuff you'd find in a standard kitchen.

Darth Avlectus
04-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Good idea: bah who needs all that fancy stuff when you can just make due? And even if it turns out tasting crap-ish, you can still say you tried your best with what was available to you. *friends' faces turning green as they choke and lay on the floor dying*

Bungee jumping like so: "What is a juggalo? A F___in' lunatic. Somebody with a rope tied to his ____, and then he jumps out a 10 story window."

Alkonium
05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Bad idea. There's a reason regular ropes aren't used for bungee jumping.

Sabotaging your business's competitors, and then bragging about it to your boss.

05-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Depends on if you want to get a raise or not.

Starting a thread where you have to guess a song by a line in the song?

Alkonium
05-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Tried that once. Didn't work out.

George R. R. Martin making Littlefinger a POV character in The Winds of Winter.

Darth Avlectus
05-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Given what I could find out in a heartbeat and a couple of quick searches...Good Idea if you wish to put a twist in The Winds of Winter with some ill-equipped, (perhaps unfairly) not well-liked character. Sounds like it'd be interesting anyways.
(......forgive me but search results lead me in so many different directions at once......)

Making up your own horror villain and hiring him for protection because you're sick of fighting Jason, Freddy, Mike Myers, Chuckie, Leatherface, Hellraiser, Candyman, etc.

Alkonium
05-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Bad idea. You'll just end up with one more to fight.

Having sex with your dead friend's girlfriend, on top of said friend's grave.

Totenkopf
05-03-2012, 09:03 PM
That one could go either way for too many reasons to mention.

Doing his mom on his grave and then telling everyone you were Dath and that they should move along b/c there was nothing to see.

Alkonium
05-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Bad idea. That suggests a lack of both sanity and decency.

Letting a radioactive spider bite you, in an attempt to become Spider-Man.

Totenkopf
05-05-2012, 01:25 AM
Good idea, if you happen to live in a comic book.

Loudly talking to yourself while walking around any major city.

Darth Avlectus
05-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Good idea. With everything else going on, whose going to notice?

@toten: that reminds me of this song @ ~2:47 NbLWAn8Zssg

Resorting to cannibalism because the world's meat supply is dwindling due to overpopulation.

Totenkopf
05-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Just have one thing to say to that:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE

Juggling w/axes.

Darth Avlectus
05-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Good idea if you're up for a choppin' good time.

Pressing Deus units into service to screw things up.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yjlP5FumY

Alkonium
05-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Pointless, I just couldn't take that video seriously.

Adapting Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen into a TV series like Game of Thrones.

Darth Avlectus
06-06-2012, 02:01 AM
Good Idea: I'm sure someone would try it if they seriously thought it'd make them some money.

Ridding yourself of lice and crabs (logic behind it, they're "bugs") by sticking relevant bodyparts into an electric bug zapper and jolting them away to save time, money, and hassle.

Alkonium
06-06-2012, 10:18 AM
Bad idea. Depending on wattage, you could damage nerves, or die.

At a job interview, offering to sell your past employer's secrets to your prospective employer.

Darth Avlectus
06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Bad Idea: Even if that information could help you get employed, your prospective employer already knows you're at least as likely to pull something like that on him.

Having tube driven electronics see you through a nuclear war blast's electromagnetic shockwave.

Alkonium
06-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Good idea, but you're stick with tube-driven electronics.

Protecting your house/castle in Minecraft with autoturrets (dispenser loaded with arrows and linked via redstone to a nearby pressure plate) and landmine (pressure plate on top of TNT).

Hallucination
06-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Bad idea, I'm not sure having to fix your lawn because a cat walked across it and blew the whole thing to smithereens is fun.

Protecting your house/castle in Minecraft by dating in real life.

Darth Avlectus
06-07-2012, 09:19 PM
Good idea if its fundamental save is not running in real time.

Hiring Lloyd Christmas as a PR manager at a company you're about to ditch.

Alkonium
06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
Bad idea. That would look really bad on a resumé.

Attempting to rustle an actual gorilla's jimmies.

Hallucination
06-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Bad idea, leave that to professional zoologists, animal handlers, and other jimmy rustlers.

Feeding a gorilla Gorilla Munch.

Alkonium
06-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Bad idea. That'd certainly rustle his jimmies.

The UK changing its emergency number from 999 to 0118 999 881 999 119 725 3.

Hallucination
06-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Excellent idea, its complexity will result in people being much more careful and thus reduce the number of accidents. It might encourage crime, but that's not too important.

Allowing inmates sentenced to death to only walk sideways because they have nothing to look forward to.

Alkonium
06-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Pointless, they're going to die anyway, it doesn't really matter how they feel about it.

The Hub hiring prominent bronies to work on MLP:FIM in whichever capacity they'd be good at.

Darth Avlectus
06-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Bad idea: you get lots of people who come to the gig, and nobody wanting to do jack squat or having any valuable skills. I worked in amateur TV production myself so I've seen the horrors.

Finding the spammer IRL who makes your online life miserable and beating the holy F***ing $#*% out of him, and then give him the same treatment Big Baby Sweets says you could give Li'l Poot and Big Stank and still wouldn't care about (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvoyT8iN1Yg).

Alkonium
06-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Bad idea. He'll get back at you with something even worse.

Princess Celestia being the main antagonist in the Season 3 opener of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

Totenkopf
06-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Bad idea......goody-goody's don't make good bad guys.

Using a time machine to prevent the creation of the MLP franchise.

Alkonium
06-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Bad idea. Then what would there be to rustle your jimmies?

Faking sick by making yourself vomit on an important piece of equipment at work.

Darth Avlectus
06-13-2012, 12:47 AM
Good idea: the boss will be pissed off so that not only do you NOT get the day off, you'll have to clean up the mess and maybe even pay to replace the equipment. Stellar plan chief. :roleyess:

Investing in an oak stake even though you have cleared the 5th mansion on Castlevania 2.

Alkonium
06-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Assuming the first "an" should be "in", Good idea. Who knows when you might need one?

Manipulating time so that MLP started in 2010 with the Friendship is Magic series, and none of the pre-2010 crap existed.

Darth Avlectus
06-13-2012, 10:38 PM
Good idea I suppose, if nothing else you could (hopefully) be possibly saving the series from deterioration (I wouldn't know). Knock yourself out.

Using dremel or other rotary tools to smooth out the sharp insides of the sheet metal computer casing before adding to and modifying your machine.
An hour later and it's STILL bleeding under bandages... >_>

purifier
06-13-2012, 11:05 PM
Smart idea. Enough said.

Killing grass with weed killer, because I hate mowing the lawn every damn week. (Stupid grass, it never stops growing!)

Alkonium
06-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Bad idea. Odds are something won't fit right afterwards.

Attempting to eliminate your need for sleep in the same way you would build up immunity to a poison.

Darth Avlectus
06-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Bad idea: One cannot build an immunity to sleep as to poison; It will ultimately fail and bring about many ills in the process.
I think I'm finally getting the hang of concise wording on the internet!

Buying a fixer-upper home right now while prices are low and individual job prospects are in one's personal favor atm.
Seriously.

Alkonium
06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Good idea, as long as you're careful about who you hire.

Instead of buying a car, building one out of a random assortment of parts you found at a junkyard.

Totenkopf
06-15-2012, 01:01 AM
If you've got the time and talent and the means...........why not. Might even get a break on the insurance.

Giving up your US citizenship and then coming back to exploit the sytem as an illegal alien.

Darth Avlectus
06-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Good Idea. You might actually get some assistance. :dev9:

Making nothing in hopes someone won't rule 34 or rule 35 that. Or making your own rule 34 of it really crappily and obscure so that nobody will take an interest.

Alkonium
06-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Futile idea. There are no exceptions to the Rules of the Internet.

Eating live birds in order to help the environment.

Totenkopf
06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Bad idea.....unless you're feline.

Tricking greenies into suicide to cut down on carbon emissions.

Darth Avlectus
06-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Good idea: They're kind of hypocritical anyway. Can be annoying too. We need people who actually care about solutions that WATCH where the money goes.

Making a snow-like substitute that is flammable.

Alkonium
06-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Bad idea. How is a substitute for snow supposed to work?

Applying the principle of "If you want it done right, do it yourself." to things you're clearly not qualified to do.

Darth Avlectus
06-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Bad Idea: you pretty much already said why, though unqualified does not necessarily mean incapable nor incompetent.

Doing "bonkers conkers" like photonicinduction did on YT, only with cars instead of CRT tvs.

Alkonium
06-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Bad idea. There's no way for a car to functionally replace a CRT tv.

Using a bread machine to make beer.

purifier
06-25-2012, 07:55 AM
Intriguing idea. You might be on to something there, especially with a few modifications.

Catching a Sasquatch and claiming it to be a real Wookiee.

Alkonium
06-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Bad idea. Wookiees aren't that big, and are much more intelligent.

While working at a restaurant, secretly poisoning difficult customers.

Darth Avlectus
06-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Good idea. Might as well right? :dev9:

Bad idea. Wookiees aren't that big, and are much more intelligent.
You don't KNOW that. :rolleyes:

Going to a restaurant you despise, with whatever diarrhea inducing condition planned just before the tab comes, go into restroom, drag trash can into stall with you, pull out trash bag and do your business, finish off...then neatly replace trash bag and put the can back when coast is clear, wash hands, and stroll back out like you own the joint.
True story, my pal did it at a local Denny's.

purifier
06-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Nasty idea. Yet, revengeful and stinky. I LIKE IT!

Releasing a jar of flies and knats in the same restaurant, after doing D.A.'s revengeful tactic, just to add more annoyance which would disgust everybody possibly even more.

Alkonium
06-26-2012, 09:22 AM
Good idea. That'll get the place shut down for sure.

Releasing the Necronomicon as an e-book.

Darth Avlectus
06-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Good idea. I'm bored and we need a sequel to Zombies Ate My Neighbors that isn't some cheap-out half-ass job that is only 18 levels long.

Paying your lactose intolerant friend to drink chocolate milk to barf it on the floor of that convenience store that ripped you off last month.

Alkonium
06-27-2012, 12:54 AM
Good idea. Just be ready for abdominal bloating and cramps, flatulence, diarrhea, nausea, and borborygmi as well as vomiting.

Teachers making a drinking game out of grading their students' work.

Darth Avlectus
06-27-2012, 05:59 PM
Excellent idea on principle alone, never mind you could cop a feel with the better looking ones. :naughty:

@Alk...yeah tell me about it. :D

Teaching your dog to chase cats.

Alkonium
07-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Bad idea. My dog isn't the alpha male, one of my cats is. Also, I have another large dog who is terrified of cats.

A business making it an official policy that the quality of the product or service rendered is entirely depended on the attitude and behaviour of the customer.

Darth Avlectus
07-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Good idea...to a point anyway, after which it begins to adversely affect business...though so does "have it your way" and "customer is always right" policies so one has to suppose it's a balancing act.

Subverting the constitution so you can blame it and ban it, or at least attempting to for reason that you are a bitter arsehole and don't want people who look different than you to be able to use certain weapons and defend themselves against 10, 20, even 30 others who DO look like you ...and labeling it "social justice".

Alkonium
07-10-2012, 12:01 AM
Bad idea. Laws like this lead to revolts.

Attempting to justify theft and selling illegal drugs by donating the profits to charity.

Darth Avlectus
07-31-2012, 02:10 PM
Not the worst but I'd hate to try to be argung that one in court.

Having Alk grow out his hair to play a male character on a RL version of Birdy the mighty:decode, even though the heroine is a psychotic PMSing bee-otch.

Alkonium
07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
Neutral. It's just an acting gig.

The next Spider-Man film being an adaptation of these (http://danarchy.youfailit.net/Spiderman/).

Darth Avlectus
08-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Neutral: What the F***? What did I just read? Seriously?

...What is this? I ...don't even...

OK Except for the depressing rape humor, I found all that otherwise quite amusing. TBH I'm now beginning to wonder what you're trying to accomplish there having us read that.

Hell, it's worth a try I guess. Just remember if you get any stars to play in it, you'll turn them off to super heroes forever if it flops.

Making SWTOR movies...Like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4&feature=plcp) and this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGRWzvzIPb8&feature=relmfu).

Alkonium
08-04-2012, 08:18 AM
Bad idea. That's got to be one of the worst machinimas I've ever seen.

Inventing a religion for the sole purpose of getting out of having to shave for work.

Totenkopf
08-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Isn't that one of the "benefits" of Islam. :confused:

Selling guns to drug lords and then failing to keep track of them, but having a compliant press that largely ignores the issue.

Alkonium
08-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Doesn't the US government do that with third world countries?

Trying to facilitate a drug bust by going around, asking random people "Where is drugs?".

Darth Avlectus
08-15-2012, 03:56 AM
Good idea, people don't mistrust you enough. It'll get you either free room and board or a nice bed with either a view of fish or maybe one made from the most ecologically friendly material, dirt 'o the earth!

Not sure if I used this one yet: using cutter boomerang against Flame Mammoth and Launch Octopus after you get done shredding Sting Chameleon with it.

Alkonium
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Good idea. You're on a roll, so why not?

The next big screen version of Batman being incapable of communicating except by grumbling and punching.

Darth Avlectus
08-16-2012, 01:19 AM
Neutral idea: I mean...yeah it worked for the Hulk and others...just seems a bit formulaic and cliche by now.

Making (more like cobbling together) an induction forge out of basically at least 8 years worth of accumulated junk, all going off a general concept and a few more or less successful designs which go in depth on the inductive output stage and magnetic flux.

Alkonium
08-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Good idea. Sounds like a metaphor for American Politics.

A novel adaptation of the Yogscast's Shadow of Israphel series.

Darth Avlectus
08-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Good idea, they're hilarious. Not sure how it'd translate into a novel series but you can't take everything serious. Maybe interweb-speak?

Good idea. Sounds like a metaphor for American Politics.
I'd like to hear this one. Sarcasm or not.

A dumpster match, 50 cosplayers, Alk and Hal as announcers, tons of adult intimacy products and lubricants among many other weapons, half a metric ton of mud with a tank to pour it all into made so the mud is knee-high, GWAR on a stage near the entrance ramp, pyro and lasers, with a bunch of machine gun wielding trannies as referees.

Totenkopf
08-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Conditional. If all 50 are hot chicks and you get rid of the trannies......most of us would probably buy it for a $1. :thmbup1:

Inheriting at least $US1 bil and being tax exempt for life.

Darth Avlectus
08-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Good idea: worked real well for Jon Corzine, didn't it? :D.........:dozey:

Throwing a party where Sam Barros and his associated PowerLabs blow $*** up and ignite stuff.

Alkonium
08-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Fun idea.

Using creepers to guard your Nuclear Reactor in Minecraft (with the Tekkit mod installed).

08-28-2012, 09:43 AM
^Never played :D

Kill all of you and pronounce myself king of Lucasforums

Alkonium
08-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Bad idea. There's no point in being king if you have no subjects.

Using genetic engineering to make every species on Earth omnivorous.

08-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Bad idea cause then i wouldn't be able to eat purple unicorns :D

Use mind control to make the whole world my slaves?

Alkonium
08-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Bad idea. That'd get boring quick.

Bad idea cause then i wouldn't be able to eat purple unicorns :D

You don't know what "omnivorous" means, do you? Humans are already omnivorous.

Repairing a nuclear reactor with duct tape.

Darth Avlectus
08-29-2012, 12:18 AM
Not sure how that'd work, but hey, why not give it a try?

Paradoxing the universe with time travel so that you are the ruler of the only habitable areas by the time you're done.

08-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Good idea i am a good ruler :D

Telling Darth Alvectus to stop laughing.

Totenkopf
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
Bad idea. He'll just ask how many times he must smack you before you act right.

Feeding Snuffaluffagus' drug habit.

Darth Avlectus
08-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Bad idea: he won't get all cracked out and funny if you don't starve him of his favorite.

Telling Oscar to "Get it together, grouch!"

08-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Nah i like him falling apart.

Buy the Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/consoles/bundles/Xbox360-320GB-limited-edition-halo-4-console

Alkonium
08-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Unnecessary. If I wanted, I could pay someone to paint it on the Xbox 360 I already own.

As a rule of thumb, always giving your buildings in Minecraft a self-destruct.

Darth Avlectus
08-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Neutral: I suppose it could have good uses, but I can't think of any off hand because that isn't typically something I'd do if I wanted my creations to survive.

Using part of a defunct ionic pro's outer casing (the part with a curvature) as a star wars-y original face mask--the front of it anyways...
http://www.air-purifier-power.com/images/ionicpro2.jpg

Alkonium
09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Good idea. Could fit up with the aesthetic style of Star Wars very well.

Taking a brief clip of Ryan Gosling driving, making a 2 hour loop of it, and passing it off as the movie Drive on The Pirate Bay.

Darth Avlectus
09-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Good idea: The pissed off feedback comments alone are worth it.

Taking the waste product of white lightning (a.k.a. Moonshine--people who know better don't call it that!) production process, and using it as an ultra-volatile fuel and present it as a recycling solution and an energy solution to shut up the American Green Party.
Note: The same people who like to go north, record glaciers melting in the summertime only to propagandize it with "ZOMG polar icecaps melting--enact da policiez!!!!!11!!1~!!". (Of which a Canadian YouTuber has made me aware! :golfclap: )

Alkonium
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Good idea, if it did what you promised and it was ultra-volatile.

Telling Christians that you hit yourself in the foot with a shovel for their mortgage.

Darth Avlectus
09-06-2012, 02:07 AM
Bad idea: they may decide that's worth the tradeoff.

Making a politician chip maker, basically it's just like a treechipper but meant for grinding and eating politicians up and spitting them out in chips. Works on corporate monopolists and oligarchs who don't want competition as well.

Totenkopf
09-06-2012, 02:39 AM
Sure....you can help me stuff ole Georgie boy in first. :devsmoke:

Telling your gullible girlfriend that she didn't actually catch you cheating.....she was just having another vivid sleep walking dream.

Alkonium
09-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Bad idea. How do you think she'd respond to "You were dreaming about me cheating on you?", even if she believed it?

Actually making your girlfriend dream about you cheating on her.

Darth Avlectus
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Good idea: her behavior will at least be predictably insecure and jealous.

The next time your son calls on the phone about the weather and says something about the town "getting 10 inches tonight", telling him "So's your mom".

Alkonium
09-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Bad idea. Would you want to hear that from your dad?

Putting a creeper inside a house made of TNT in the middle of a town in Minecraft.

Darth Avlectus
09-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Excellent idea. Demolition makes for a great party.

Bad idea. Would you want to hear that from your dad?

I already have heard it. Not just from my dad. Friends have said it too. My boss at my auto mechanic job is also a grumpy smartass who has said similar stuff. Probably rubbing off on me. Apparently it's a trollface meme now.

Scratching your junk because "He who loves, lost, is just another hand in the bush".

Alkonium
09-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Neutral. Noone would care.

Using real swords to make your own replica of the Iron Throne.

Darth Avlectus
09-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Excellent idea. I think I've heard of that before. Someone dud it essentially to make a wineholder transformers figure.

A news channel with the crazy "I'd buy THAT for a dollar!" guy as the anchor. (It's a reference to the "dirty dave" show iirc in the reality of Robocop movies.)

Alkonium
09-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Good idea. Crazy people make life interesting.

Buying a house with a listing price of $1.

Totenkopf
09-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Good idea if the real estate market just bottomed out, if not, the saying "you get what you paid for" comes to mind...

Becoming the world's best assassin and retaining your anonymity till dying in your sleep of natural causes at a ripe old age long in the future.

Alkonium
09-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Epic, but difficult idea.

The Butlerian Jihad.

Totenkopf
09-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Would probably be more interesting to OWS types that hate "the 1%". (though that mifght change depending on how it's carried out... think George Carlin's bit on capital punishment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJb3aUwcX-Q)

Having the strength of a million people and the fine motor control not to crush things that you didn't intend to.

Alkonium
09-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Good idea. Sounds difficult.

@Totenkopf: You don't actually know what the Butlerian Jihad is, do you?

Doing the Cinnamon Challenge with a shovel.

purifier
09-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Scary idea. That's way too much cinnamon for my taste.

Using Tot's avi as your family crest.

Alkonium
09-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Good idea. Shows people you mean business (or that you're a pirate).

Attempting to make a Nether Portal IRL.

Totenkopf
09-18-2012, 03:19 AM
That would certainly be one way to engage in city beutification projects.

Taking people too literally.
(Looked it up, cause I took your suggestion too literally. Only read a few of the Dune books years ago. A modern day butlerian jihad would be problematic at best.)

Alkonium
09-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Bad idea. Shot in the dark. Enough said, really.

Fighting bullying with fire.

Hallucination
09-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Bad idea, but better than fighting cancer with fire.

Fighting fire with restraining orders.

Alkonium
09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Bad idea. Restraining orders are on paper.

Fighting fire with a chainsaw.

purifier
09-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Bad idea. Small plastic gas tanks have a tendency to explode when they get overheated.

Fighting fire with fire.

Alkonium
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Bad idea. All you get is more fire.

Fighting bullying with a chainsaw.

purifier
09-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Marvelous idea. Chainsaw massacre here we come! That'll learn'em.

Having a duel with chainsaws.

Totenkopf
09-20-2012, 01:24 AM
A very messy idea. Don't ask me to be your second.

Executions via chainsaw and on pay-per-view no less.

Trench
09-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Terrible idea. Don't make people pay to get in on the action.

A chainsaw gun with a chainsaw bayonet that fires explosive chainsaw bullets.

Alkonium
09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Bad idea. Something's liable to jam, and then you've just wasted a lot of money.

A steam-powered chainsaw.

Darth Avlectus
09-20-2012, 05:54 PM
Impractical idea: I'm sure it's do-able, but the sheer mass and size for something like that even with today's technology would make an end product that isn't exactly portable, and for the performance you'd get out of it for the size I estimate the more modern stuff would outperform it.

Making some strawberry vanilla jam or cherry lemon jam as an alternative to putting butter on your toast (mold the milk culture bread!) since you're lactose intolerant.

Trench
09-21-2012, 05:53 PM
Most excellent idea. A cherry lemon jam sounds exquisite.

National "No Underpants At Work" day.

Hallucination
09-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Bad idea, it's creepy if you can't tell who's participating and gross if you can.

Telling Te Melanin Man o' War 1) that you thought he was dead and 2) you remember his original name.

Trench
09-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Neutral idea. He may or may not care.

Hallucination having a hallucination about hallucinating Hallucinations.

Alkonium
09-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Good idea ... I think.

Encouraging nudity in the workplace.

Totenkopf
09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Bad idea. Most people just ain't pretty enough for that kind of thing.

Only hiring really hot chicks that are tech-savvy to sell your hi-tech merchandise.

Alkonium
09-22-2012, 07:43 PM
Bad idea. I can smell at least two lawsuits here.

Asking "Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway, or Archer?" as the first question on a job interview.

Trench
09-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Best idea. Imagine the workplace possibilities.

Work place discrimination based on taste in cake icing.

Darth Avlectus
09-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Good idea: some people just don't know quality when they eat it.

A megaman game that doesn't actually have megaman in it.

Alkonium
09-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Good idea. It's not like nothing happens when he's not around.

Pirating the Mac OS, and installing it on a PC.

Darth Avlectus
09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Neutral-good: I believe there are already cases of that--good if you could get a well made copy/emulation of a current one I guess. I think you can just get legit older ones that have become freeware. I grew up on Mac actually. Other than multimedia though, why would you want Mac???

Being a bloody tampon for Halloween.