PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Lightsabers of the Old Republic (LotOR for K1)

Darth Ravage
04-12-2009, 04:11 AM
Hello there. I would like to announce that I will try to make a Ultimate Saber Mod for KotOR. I have about seven custom hilt right now and I am starting to re skin them. If you would like to help just PM them to me and I will give you credit when it is finished. Some jobs that I need help with are:
Scripting them into the game
andMore saber hilts.

Lord of Hunger
04-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Greetings, Darth Ravage, and welcome to Holowan! Since you are doing this mod, I'd like to let you know a few things:

a) There is a mod out that gives party members and major characters unique appearances for their weaponry. It's called Weapons of the Old Republic. If you haven't already played it, I recommend you do. Some of the unique weapon appearances are lightsabers, but that does not mean all lightsabers.

b) {Snip} Not a place to critique the original USM Mod, you don't like it we get it, but this isn't the place for it as this is off topic for this thread. -RH

Anyway, that's my two cents. Hope it helps!

Lord of Hunger

If you have an issue with a mod call do it via PM's any public attempts will simply be deleted. -RH

Fiestainabox
04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
You should throw some screenshots up for us to see.

Sounds like a great idea, probably end up downloading it.

DarthParametric
04-12-2009, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't call it USM for K1. That will make people think it's by the USM team (or sanctioned by them). You should pick an original name for it.

Jedi_Man
04-12-2009, 05:01 PM
Well, two things.
1) I have some Saber Ideas that could work well... I would need them to be made, but I could PM you a Drawing
2) I think this was kind of done by WoTOR, BUt I could be wrong.

Darth Ravage
04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Thank Jedi_Man that would be great. I have decided to call it LotOR. (lightsabers of the old republic.

Jedi_Man
04-13-2009, 10:16 AM
OK, thats cool! THe name saounds kinda funny.
( to self: LOTOR,LOTOR,LOTOR,LOTOR, giggle)

Darth Ravage
04-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I guess it does sound kinda funny.

ChAiNz.2da
04-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Yeah, I guess it does sound kinda funny.

meh.. I say keep it. Not only does it fit.. but people looking for LotRO (Lords of the Ring Online) stuff may make a typo and stumble upon your mod.. brilliant marketing.. hehehe

I can't really help with the mod, but you are more than welcome to use any of the sabers models I've made for the games, if you want. I can't (and won't) speak for the other USM'ers, but you can at least use my share :)

- Segan Wyndh Sabers (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143224) (& USM)
- Xia Terashai Sabers (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144028) (& USM)
- BA-122 Prototype Saber (USM)
- Disciple's Agenda Saber (USM)
- Zez Kai Ell's Double-Saber (USM)
- Darksword (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147229) (not really a traditional lightsaber, but something different you can mess around with ;) )

If you need any of the resources (.psd and such) just drop me a PM. Good luck with the mod! :D

p.s. offer extends to anyone that wishes to use the models (K1 or K2). Getting too old to be stingy with my mods.. hehehe

DarthParametric
04-14-2009, 06:05 AM
Lightsabers of the Old Republic sounds fine to me. You might want to ask a mod to rename the thread.

Darth Ravage
04-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Lightsabers of the Old Republic sounds fine to me. You might want to ask a mod to rename the thread.

Ok, I'll do it know.

meh.. I say keep it. Not only does it fit.. but people looking for LotRO (Lords of the Ring Online) stuff may make a typo and stumble upon your mod.. brilliant marketing.. hehehe

I can't really help with the mod, but you are more than welcome to use any of the sabers models I've made for the games, if you want. I can't (and won't) speak for the other USM'ers, but you can at least use my share :)

- Segan Wyndh Sabers (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143224) (& USM)
- Xia Terashai Sabers (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144028) (& USM)
- BA-122 Prototype Saber (USM)
- Disciple's Agenda Saber (USM)
- Zez Kai Ell's Double-Saber (USM)
- Darksword (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=147229) (not really a traditional lightsaber, but something different you can mess around with ;) )

If you need any of the resources (.psd and such) just drop me a PM. Good luck with the mod! :D

p.s. offer extends to anyone that wishes to use the models (K1 or K2). Getting too old to be stingy with my mods.. hehehe

Thanks.

ChAiNz.2da
04-14-2009, 06:46 AM
Ok, I'll do it know.
Changed the thread title for ya :)

Thanks.
NP. Good luck! :D

DarthSion399
04-14-2009, 11:13 PM
I have an idea for this mod

I was thinking that since all lightsabers are unique your character could get his/her own hilt, there could be a double and single blade design, you could talk to Zahr like normal and get a single bladed hilt, then a footlocker could appear that has a double balded hilt, that way the PC could have it's double-bladed design and two of it's single bladed design.

DarthParametric
04-15-2009, 01:38 AM
I'm pretty sure there's already a mod that does that.

Drunkside
04-15-2009, 10:25 AM

Hahah exactly my thoughts when i saw the name:xp:

Lei Hng Wei
04-15-2009, 05:18 PM
I have an idea for this mod

I was thinking that since all lightsabers are unique your character could get his/her own hilt, there could be a double and single blade design, you could talk to Zahr like normal and get a single bladed hilt, then a footlocker could appear that has a double balded hilt, that way the PC could have it's double-bladed design and two of it's single bladed design.
Already one out there called Lightsaber Choices (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Lightsaber_Choices;85978).

DarthSion399
04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Already one out there called Lightsaber Choices (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Lightsaber_Choices;85978).

Sorry,

the only reason I mentioned picking your style was because when I thought that the main character should get his/her hilt design I figured they should beable to have a unique design wether they had a single-bladed, or double-bladed or dual-lightsabers, instead of using a hilt design found in the game, so you can use the style you want.

Sorry, after reading my suggestion it did seem like I was talking about the choice between a single-balded, double-bladed, or dual lightsabers.

Darth Ravage
04-25-2009, 03:26 AM
Just started modelling a Vader/Malak saber for some creativity.

Demongo
04-25-2009, 04:26 AM
It would be cool if you do it but I'm afraid I can't help you with it.
Good Luck!:)

Darth Ravage
05-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Big setback. My computer stuffed up and I lost all my progress, but I did save them on a disk so I just have to buy a new computer and reinstall everything. ps. If your wondering if my computers busted then how am I posting this .The answer is I'm at my friends house.

Lei Hng Wei
05-18-2009, 03:02 AM
That's rough man. Hope you didn't lose too much of anything. Take your time to regroup buddy. It's the May long weekend, so relax a little. :thmbup1:

DarthParametric
05-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Unless the hard drive was physically destroyed, it is likely that some or all of your data is recoverable.

vanir
05-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Ouch! But DarthParametric is right. You can't use the HDD for its operating system once you change your motherboard to a different one but you can still slave it and access its data.
I'm assuming you had a motherboard meltdown, usually meant by "have to buy another computer"

Darth Ravage
05-30-2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys

Darth Ravage
02-26-2010, 04:55 AM
Ok. I took a break from modding for a while due to school but now im back and out of ideas. you guys got any ideas?

Queen of Night
02-26-2010, 05:01 AM
How about a fire lightsaber? Or even a Icelightsaber? These ideas have long haunted me through the head or the lightsabers there already? Among the many lightsaber mods I am a little confused.

I hope this idea will help you something.

Holty1-5
02-26-2010, 02:32 PM
if you need more hilts but dont have the time to make more go to Marius Fetts and Quanon LightSaber Resource Pack
Found here: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Lightsaber_Hilt_Resource_Pack;88975x#1892943

You can use them with out asking and all you have to do is give them Credit :P

Darth Ravage
05-15-2010, 07:05 AM
How about a fire lightsaber? Or even a Icelightsaber? These ideas have long haunted me through the head or the lightsabers there already? Among the many lightsaber mods I am a little confused.

I hope this idea will help you something.

That would be cool but i dont know how to do that.

Qui-Gon Glenn
05-18-2010, 12:08 PM
How about a fire lightsaber? Or even a Icelightsaber? These ideas have long haunted me through the head...
Well, I have always felt that the HoG looks a little fiery and that the MoF looks a little icey... you could start with those color crystals as color bases for your saber... as for FX in the blade, that may be a little difficult for even an advanced modder, although I think Kaurora maybe able to handle some emitter stuff. Way above my head there, but back to Fire/Ice sabers (an idea I like, nice one QoN!)...

a little recolor on those crystals, a unique hilt, and some cool properties, and BLAM - Fire/Ice sabers. My part is done, you get to do the hard stuff now :lol: