PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching/reading now?

Mav
04-27-2009, 05:04 PM
This is the place where you post what you're currently watching, be it if the show is currently airing or if you're catching up with an older series or re-watching a favorite. You can also tell us all about what manga you're reading/following. I'll start it off.

Right now I'm watching...

K-ON! - currently airing, full of loli goodness :P
Valkyria Chronicles - currently airing, pretty good anime adaption of a great game, so far, love the ED
Cowboy Bebop - Re-watching because it's awesome, I just watched "Cowboy Funk" last night.
Last Exile - Re-watching, but with the English VA's this time because Lynk says they're awesome, just got my DVDs not too long ago too.

Right now I'm reading...

Naruto Shippuden - I really liked the whole fight with Pain, but now it's doing a boring backstory type thing xD
Bleach - Bleach got kind of stupid for a few chapters, but it looks like it's getting back on track.

Jeff
04-27-2009, 05:27 PM
I'm not a big manga reader. I'd like to catch up on Bleach, but I'm so far behind and been too busy to catch up.

As for what I'm watching, really only K-ON! right now. I'm liking it pretty well so far, made me laugh quite a bit. I also like both the OP and ED, especially the ED, I forgot to check if they were released yet on CD but I want to say they are, I'll have to get those.

I haven't even bothered watching the last couple episodes of Bleach because it's on really bad fillers, but once those get over with I will pick it back up again.

Chevron 7 locke
04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
The only thing I'm watching right now is G-Gundam. Great series in my opinion, plenty of explosions.

What I'm reading...
Naruto Shippuden - I loved the begining of Naruto Vs Pain, but like Maverick said, it's just boring flashbacks now.
One Piece - Still packed with action and stretchy goodness.
Naruto (pre-timeskip.) - Cathing up with this one because of the classic fights and the action.

Rogue Nine
04-27-2009, 06:00 PM
K-On is <3. Though I did find something pretty interesting in Episode 2...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/420/fenderlespaul.png

xD

Am also trying to get through Toradora, but it's slow going. ;s

igyman
04-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Those who frequent the "Who Likes Anime" thread back in Ahto already know this, but what the heck, I'll repeat it one more time...

Currently watching Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach. Just two more episodes until Shippuuden's Three-tails filler arc ends and the manga adaptation continues - Yippeeee!!!
As for Bleach, the "Turn back the pendulum" adaptation ended a few weeks ago, so now the main event is on!

Jeff
04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Am also trying to get through Toradora, but it's slow going. ;slol I actually forgot about this show. I watched the first episode but forgot about it after that, I'll probably pick it up again.

Kuuki
04-27-2009, 09:04 PM
THE LEGEND OF BLACK HEAVEN!

Sabretooth
04-27-2009, 11:41 PM
Currently:

Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae - only 1 episode left though :/
Wolf's Rain - rewatching, I used to watch it on Animax, but I then Animax disappeared :(

Lynk Former
04-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Valkyria Chronicles and One Piece

Jeff
04-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Valkyria Chronicles and One PieceWhat? No "**** yeah!!" go to along with that? :p

leXX
04-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Only anime I've seen lately is the movie Vexille. Great soundtrack, excellent mix of animation and CGI, good story and highly recommended.

Kj°len
04-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Right now, I am watching:

Bleach
Blood+
Pokémon

I am reading Chibi Vampire.

Might I suggest to everyone a website called My Anime List (www.myanimelist.net)? Here you can organize all of your anime and manga into categories, like "watching" or "completed" or "plan to watch." You can also rate the anime and stuff too. Here's mine (http://myanimelist.net/animelist/SukatoKojo) for an example.

Mav
04-28-2009, 03:54 AM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that Dattebayo fansubs picked-up 07 Ghost since they dropped Shippuden, so I watched the first episode of that, and it seems interesting so far, so I'll probably sort of try to keep up with that.

Ctrl Alt Del
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Some 15 episodes already on Blood+ and Death Note.

Aash Li
04-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I pick up whatever manga sounds good when I go to the book store. Currently Im really liking Wild Ones (#6 made me cry).
K-on! Is my current anime fix. :D

CommanderQ
04-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Currently, I am not watching any particular show, but lately, I have been watching many of the Studio Ghibli films. So far, this week, I have watched some of their classics, such as: My Neighbor Totoro, The Cat Returns, and Porco Rosso. And then I watched Steamboy, but that is not quite Studio Ghibli, but it's good:D

Aash Li
04-28-2009, 10:39 AM
My two favourite Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they did a sequel or a series to Spirited Away, I think that would be great.

CommanderQ
04-28-2009, 10:43 AM
My two favourite Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki films are Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. If they did a sequel or a series to Spirited Away, I think that would be great.

Oy! Those two are some of Ghibli's best!:D Yeah, I agree, a sequel would be awesome, they created such an amzing story, plot, and setting:D All in all, that film was excellent:D The same for Howl's Moving Castle:D

Lynk Former
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM
@ Jeff: It's not as effective to say it when LF censors it.

Jeff
04-28-2009, 12:08 PM
You're right, that's a shame.

Serpentine Cougar
05-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Currently just watching the new episodes of FullMetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

Only anime I've seen lately is the movie Vexille. Great soundtrack, excellent mix of animation and CGI, good story and highly recommended.
Ah, but how's the ending? That's where so many animes fall through (imo)...

leXX
05-01-2009, 03:14 AM
It's got a pretty solid ending.

Darth Avlectus
05-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Watching: Eureka Seven, Bleach
Reading: Vampire Hunter D 1&2

...if this counts: Playing MegaMan Zero...when I have time

EDIT: OH yeah... Fred's...total play off of Fender...I should know, as I have seen that brand...From that one show with the psycho chick with pink hair and guitar--and that boy with the forehead think going on...or am I tihnking of another anime?

I actually have a Fender Squire Precision Bass. Good times, back in the day. Wasn't cut out for the music biz tho. Play'd Black Sabbath and M4n50n riffs. Some Slipknot.

Kuuki
05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCoEQXY5hM8&feature=PlayList&p=wDT2-jdBtPk

yes, code geass is open, and on youtube in HD

Serpentine Cougar
05-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, leXX! Vexille was an enjoyable watch - the animation was very good and some of the scenes were almost jaw-dropping. The dub wasn't too shabby, either. I would agree that it had a good ending.

Why is it that anime movies often have satisfying endings, but anime series so often don't?

Mav
05-14-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm watching FMA right now. :D

leXX
05-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the recommendation, leXX! Vexille was an enjoyable watch - the animation was very good and some of the scenes were almost jaw-dropping. The dub wasn't too shabby, either. I would agree that it had a good ending.

Why is it that anime movies often have satisfying endings, but anime series so often don't?

You're welcome, and I'm glad you enjoyed it too. :)

Mav
05-21-2009, 11:45 PM
I started watching Ergo Proxy today.

Kuuki
05-22-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm watching FMA right now. :D

the new one? :3

notice how they eng subbed the opening and ending credits in the previous episode (the only time they did) and not this weeks one?

Mav
05-23-2009, 02:54 AM
the new one? :3

notice how they eng subbed the opening and ending credits in the previous episode (the only time they did) and not this weeks one?Nah Scar, I was watching the original because I had never seen it, but I'll probably watch the new series later, but right now Haruhi 2 takes priority :P

Kuuki
05-23-2009, 08:12 AM
Nah Scar, I was watching the original because I had never seen it,

FMA2 has the same story as FMA1, but things are changed up a bit

but right now Haruhi 2 takes priority :P

why do I always find out about things last

...at anyrate,...

ZOMG HARUHI TWO!? :3

Serpentine Cougar
05-23-2009, 11:49 PM
FMA2 has the same story as FMA1, but things are changed up a bit
Well, it does for now, but it will diverge later. The first one followed the all of the manga that had been written then, but had to make up its own stuff for what happened after that. A lot more of the manga has been written now, so the new series will have the same stuff as the first one until it gets to where FMA1 had to make up its own stuff. Then it'll keep following the manga, so it'll be different from the first one.

FMA2 (at least so far) seems to be going through things rather quickly; I hope they slow down a little when they get to the stuff that wasn't in the first one. FMA1 was awesome until the last couple episodes or so, but the manga seems like it will have a much more satisfying ending, so I'm pretty hopeful for FMA2. :)

Kuuki
05-24-2009, 08:32 PM
i think that if ppl watch FMA2 the creators expect two things, 1) ppl have seen it already, and want to get through the 'main stuff'; or 2) new viewers will get the 'cliff notes' of what's going on.

Mav
06-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Started watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex so Lynk would stop badgering me about it.

Blix
06-08-2009, 02:40 AM
Currently watching Bleach on Adult Swim, since my computer isn't supporting Flash atm I will have to wait for new One Pieces :(

Sabretooth
06-08-2009, 07:06 AM
Watching Eden of the East right now, which is pretty cool and still trying to finish Wolf's Rain (slow anime is shlooooooow).

I'm reading Junji Ito's Gyo atm and Manhole (which I've paused because the editor highly recommends I watch 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest' before I resume reading the chapter :/ )

TriggerGod
06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Mainly reading Bleach and Naruto. I used to watch them, but I lost interest after I read the series online.

Lynk Former
06-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Got mav to watch Stand Alone Complex :carms: he was watching Ergo Proxy before, psh.

Prime
06-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Need to finish GitS: 2nd GiG and the film. Also planning on rewatching Samurai Champloo and Macross Frontier.

Lynk Former
06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Need to finish GitS: 2nd GiG and the film. Also planning on rewatching Samurai Champloo and Macross Frontier.
*shakes fist* get on it, Prime!

Kuuki
06-10-2009, 06:06 PM
*shakes fists along side of Lynk*

And dont forget to watch Innocence and SSS!!!

Get on it, Prime!

I'm re-re-re-re-re-watching Deathnote

Fuu
06-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Watching:
EotE (duude, my slacks blew away)
Naruto Shippuden (urrgh.. filler must end NOW)
Bleach
07-Ghost (Aww I want a furry pink mikage! Chu!)
random eps or Ouran / Genshiken when I get bored

Recently watched the NS movie 02.... immiedatle response: WTF! Ok now they're working together?!?!

Reading:
Bleach
Naruto (On this note: Finally! been waiting for this point in the story for...how long now?!?!)
Skip Beat!
Ouran
Otomen
The One
Trinity Blood
Hana to Akuma
Vampire Knight ( okok i know a a shoujo / josei junkie already)
TSUITERU KANOJO (ENJOUJI MAKI) HEEEE!
Team Medical Dragon
FMA
thinking about starting Nurarihyon no Mago

There are a bunch more but i forget them until the release day.... lol

F

igyman
06-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Watching:
EotE (duude, my slacks blew away)
Naruto Shippuden (urrgh.. filler must end NOW)

Hear ye, hear ye: The filler has finally ended and the manga adaptation continued. We may all now begin our happy dances. :yeldance:

Fuu
06-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Yah... finally! My only problem now is having to wait for Mr. Fuu before I can watch :(
F

igyman
06-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Well, you can't win 'em all. :(

Kuuki
06-11-2009, 07:28 PM
i WOULD be watching FMA:BH, but apparently funimation's site has been down all DAY

Serpentine Cougar
06-14-2009, 02:10 AM
Read the first chapter of Vinland Saga - it's interesting but I'm not sure if I'll continue. I prefer reading/watching most series only after they're finished, so I don't have to wait as long between chapters/episodes.

Also going to be watching Death Note soon with my mom and sister. :D

Mav
06-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Finish 2nd Gig and watched SSS tonight, time to sleep soon...

Kuuki
06-15-2009, 06:10 PM
just finished re-watching GITS2:Innocence

im surprised that i was able to watch my region 2 copy that I bought in england for 7pounds a couple of novembers ago.

back then I had a different laptop so, even tho now i have a newer version of that same laptop, the hardware is so different, even the DVD-ROM i got.

i love region free

Mav
08-08-2009, 04:26 AM
Let's see, I've watched SDF:Macross, Do You Remember Love? and Flashback 2012, all within this past week. I've been watching Haruhi S2, well sort of, I just put episode 3 on loop and let it play a handful of times, same thing really. I got caught up on the Valkyria Chronicles anime and have also been following 07 Ghost.

Over the weekend I'll probably watch Macross Plus.

Lynk Former
08-09-2009, 03:51 AM
Yes... everyone needs to watch more Macross :carms:

Mav
09-25-2009, 12:41 AM
I'm watching Code Geass, hooray for dead forums

Kuuki
10-01-2009, 08:55 PM
KENSHIN!!!!!! XD

Lynk Former
10-02-2009, 12:19 AM
oro?

Kuuki
10-02-2009, 08:52 AM
"oro"?

Lynk Former
10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v629/lynk/kenshin_oro.gif

Kuuki
10-02-2009, 01:42 PM
XD!

Mav
01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Bleach manga has been getting gud

Prime
02-03-2010, 08:56 AM
I picked up the redone Ghost in the Shell film and have starting watching that. What an upgrade to some parts...

Mav
03-04-2010, 12:32 AM
MAAAACUUUUROOOSSSSSSSS!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2uyhdma.gif

Lynk Former
03-04-2010, 12:41 AM
XD Yeah, I just went through...

Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012
Macross Plus
Macross Plus: Movie Edition
Macross 7
Macross 7 P*L*U*S
Macross 7 The Movie: The Galaxy's Calling Me!
Macross 7 Encore
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier

...didn't bother with Macross II since it's not canon, and I have Macross 7 Trash but didn't bother with that either since it has no relevance.

But yeah... I still want to watch more Macross x.x

Prime
03-04-2010, 09:21 AM
Wow, how long did that take you?

And you didn't watch in in-universe chronological order?

Lynk Former
03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Wow, how long did that take you?About a week and a half.

And you didn't watch in in-universe chronological order?Actually no, the reason for this was because I was just thinking about various key information certain Macross series have presented over the years and the overall story. I started out by watching Macross Frontier because the first things I was theorising about at the time had to do with the events of that series... then I went onto Super Dimension Fortress Macross straight after and then Flashback 2012 and DYRL?... after that I went onto Zero and then Plus. I was going to stop there but ended up convincing myself to watch Macross 7...

Some time in the future I should watch all of the series in chronological order, with DYRL? put between Flashback 2012 and Plus since it was released as an in-universe movie in 2031...

Also, http://www.twilightlynk.com/forums/t353/3/#post8516 @ Prime

EDIT: Actually.... now that I think about it... how many hours of watching was that really? *calculates*

EDIT 2: Okay... so apparently with all of that added up it comes to around.... 3595 minutes... which is almost 60 hours worth of viewing...

Darth Avlectus
03-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Some 80s to early 90's comics done in anime style called A-OK! Doesn't look like it ever made it big. Highschool guy, likes the girl, she doesn't notice him, and some woman from some kindgom on another planet crash lands her ship on earth to deliver him a message that he's galactic royalty or something. Looks fun though. Too bad I only have 2 issues. :(

Mav
04-06-2010, 05:13 PM
re-watching Last Exile :carms:

Kuuki
04-07-2010, 02:59 AM
re-re-watchin Gundam 00 :cool:

Lynk Former
04-12-2010, 12:57 AM
re-watching Last Exile :carms:
Aren't you glad I got you into that anime too XD

Absolutely love Last Exile.... when I get done with my Pokemon marathon (onto episode 440 at the moment), I'm gonna have to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-.....etc, watch Last Exile.

...and every time I do I watch all 26 episodes back to back in one go cause it's just that awesome :D :D :D

urluckyday
04-12-2010, 01:40 AM
re-re-watchin Gundam 00 :cool:

How is that series? I actually like the Gundam franchise, and I've only ever seen Gundam Wing in its entirety.

As for what I'm watching...Cowboy Bebop. I got the entire series (still need to see the movie...ugh!), and I've watched it over about 5 times. Other than that...I'm not into a ton of Anime. Just anything that comes out of Myazaki I'll go see. Never liked Manga in any case.

Kuuki
04-12-2010, 10:04 AM
well, gundom 00 is one of the newer ones

in both seasons it pretty much works along most of the similar formulas with the other series had

but then of course they had their own new things, blah blah blah :)

Darca Lar
04-13-2010, 02:27 AM
I am watching: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and just about every movie in my collection. I am currently reading: College Textbooks. YAY!

Lynk Former
04-13-2010, 04:46 AM
I am watching: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and just about every movie in my collection. I am currently reading: College Textbooks. YAY!
How is that related to Anime?

urluckyday
04-13-2010, 10:09 AM

Why didn't you hear? They made danny devito into an anime character! Can't you imagine that?

leXX
04-13-2010, 10:40 AM
I'm about to start watching Darker Than Black (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_than_Black). The soundtrack is by Yoko Kanno, so how can it fail? I'll let you guys know if I think it's any good. 26 episodes to watch.

urluckyday
04-14-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm about to start watching Darker Than Black (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darker_than_Black). The soundtrack is by Yoko Kanno, so how can it fail? I'll let you guys know if I think it's any good. 26 episodes to watch.

Please do! Yoko Kanno makes the most amazing soundtracks in anything I've ever heard behind John Williams...Macross Plus (never seen it but my sister gave me the soundtrack) has one of the greatest stand-alone orchestral work let alone soundtracks.

Darca Lar
04-15-2010, 01:01 AM

I haven't watched or read anime in awhile. The closest thing I've read to anime are the Star Wars comics and the closest thing to anime I've watched is...well nothing really. The last anime I've read would be Chronicles of the Cursed Sword. and the last anime I've watched would be Devil May Cry.

leXX
04-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Please do! Yoko Kanno makes the most amazing soundtracks in anything I've ever heard behind John Williams...Macross Plus (never seen it but my sister gave me the soundtrack) has one of the greatest stand-alone orchestral work let alone soundtracks.

Indeed, she is my absolute favourite composer. She is truly a genius. Don't mention the Macross soundtrack to Lynk, or he'll never shut up. ;) Myung Theme and Pulse are beyond awesome. <3 You need to get yourself the Cowboy Bebop and GITS:SAC soundtracks too. :)

I haven't watched or read anime in awhile. The closest thing I've read to anime are the Star Wars comics and the closest thing to anime I've watched is...well nothing really. The last anime I've read would be Chronicles of the Cursed Sword. and the last anime I've watched would be Devil May Cry.

Yeah well, this is an Anime/Manga/Comics forum so...

LordOfTheFish
04-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Well, I just started watching anime this month. I really haven't had to much time to get into it but so far I'm watching Samurai Champloo, Dance in the Vampire Bund, Trigun, and Saiyuki and Blue Gender I have on hold for now.

Can you guys recomend me some good samurai anime other than Rurouni Kenshin (plan to watch that eventually)?

Mav
04-18-2010, 04:15 PM
Samurai 7 is the only other "samurai" anime I can think of off the top of my head, I haven't seen it myself but I hear it's pretty hit or miss.

LordOfTheFish
04-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Just began watching AD Police and Cowboy Bebop last night. I remember seeing episodes of CB every now and then on adult swim back when it still aired. Such a good show.

Mav
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I think CN still shows episodes of Bebop on Saturday nights/early Sunday mornings. I'm watching Durarara and K-On! 2 right now.

Fredi
05-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm reading Oedipus King for a class and watching a video of The Doors (Riders on the Storm)

Dervish108
05-03-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm watching Sword of Doom (http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Doom-Criterion-Collection/dp/B0007989YS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1272907049&sr=8-1).

I'm reading "The Unfettered Mind" by Takuan Soho (http://www.amazon.com/Unfettered-Mind-Writings-Swordsman-Warrior/dp/4770029470/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272906969&sr=8-1).

LordOfTheFish
05-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Started watching Saraiya Goyou, "House of Five Leaves," the other day. It's on youtube right now.

Kuuki
05-20-2010, 02:45 AM
watched 12 eps of K-on. it's good, but I'm more happier with Haruhi.

Mav
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
K-On! is fun and all, just could have been much better if it had moar musics, but K-On! is vastly superior to that Haruhi S2 Endless Eight bull****, that was ****ing awful.

The-Seraphim
05-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Just finished Code:Geass

Kuuki
05-21-2010, 12:15 AM
K-On! is fun and all, just could have been much better if it had moar musics, but K-On! is vastly superior to that Haruhi S2 Endless Eight bull****, that was ****ing awful.

i skipped them :P

at anyrate, i need to get my paws on the Haruhi movie

Mav
05-21-2010, 08:10 PM
there wont be a proper Haruhi movie fansub for a while yet, not until the DVD comes out, there's a CAM fansub, but yeah, screw that.

LordOfTheFish
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Started watching Saraiya Goyou on youtube. It's really really good. Seems to have a very solid storyline and I love the art style used.

Kuuki
05-26-2010, 10:08 PM
FUMOFFU! FUMOFFU! FUMOFFU!!! fumo....

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs19/150/i/2007/247/4/8/Bonta_kun_by_Eriko_chan.png

LordOfTheFish
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM
11 episodes into Cowboy Bebop now and loving it. Also started watch Dragon Ball GT just to get the whole DB story. Not to great so far but I havent watched that many episodes. Also picking One Piece and Prince of Tennis back up.

Mav
06-04-2010, 11:02 PM
^^
Bebop is Jawsome (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__6r9Cnj51iU/SvyStKI-P5I/AAAAAAAAAKw/3B2p1sq4B_s/s320/JAWSOME_by_Nuclearchild.jpg), DBGT... is quite awful actually XD

LordOfTheFish
06-05-2010, 12:28 AM
^^
Bebop is Jawsome (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__6r9Cnj51iU/SvyStKI-P5I/AAAAAAAAAKw/3B2p1sq4B_s/s320/JAWSOME_by_Nuclearchild.jpg), DBGT... is quite awful actually XD

Yes GT hasn't been to good so far. I'm willing to pain myself through it though so I can reach Dragon Ball Kai.

Kuuki
06-05-2010, 12:43 AM
gah. no manga for DBGT so it's not canon!

Lynk Former
06-05-2010, 09:13 AM
DB Kai is just a rework of DBZ using the same footage from the original version. No point watching it unless you're an absolute die hard fan who jacks off to everything Dragon Ball.

Mav
06-07-2010, 12:50 AM
I need to catch up on Durarararararararararaara or whatever it's called...

LordOfTheFish
06-08-2010, 01:05 PM
DB Kai is just a rework of DBZ using the same footage from the original version. No point watching it unless you're an absolute die hard fan who jacks off to everything Dragon Ball.

Wow that sucks, thanks for the heads up...

Kuuki
06-12-2010, 10:27 PM
V- Haruhi-Chan ^_^
[edit]
3-8-Yj6MFOM

Mav
08-21-2010, 04:02 PM
FMA: Brotherhood :carms:

Mav
11-15-2010, 11:39 PM
I've read the One Piece manga from start to fini... present over the last few weeks, quite epic

Jeff
11-17-2010, 11:05 AM
I watched the Macross Frontier movie recently. It definitely wasn't as entertaining as the whole series but I guess that's what happens when you try to put an entire 26 episode series into a 2 hour movie. Hoping the next movie (which will actually be canon instead of a retelling) is much better.

Mav
11-18-2010, 07:08 PM
I finished watching FLCL last night, it was... interesting, I feel like I should have watched it stoned.

Alexrd
11-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Finished last week the 4th season of "Mad Men". Great show. The best there is on TV.

Mav
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
hmmm, Lynk and I watched Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi recently, I felt like I should have watched it on LSD.

Lynk Former
12-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I've been buying the One Piece manga... bought 23 (out of 55 released at this time) volumes so far.

Darth Avlectus
12-10-2010, 02:28 AM
Is claymore any good? I have a $15 off coupon and see the entire disc set. Tempting. Though I want it myself I was thinking of getting it for a fellow anime fan--a fellow swordsman as well. I also see a ~16 vol manga.

Please tell me it's worth the investment. And if not, is witchblade any good? I only saw the first episode and it seemed good IIRC but things are getting a bit hazy now.

Sabretooth
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I was following Bakuman (the anime), but it got boring.

Mav
01-13-2011, 12:25 AM
Finished watching R.O.D OVA and R.O.D the TV with Lynk a week ago or so, I think I liked the OVA better, but the TV had some great moments and characters.

Mav
02-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Finished Wolf's Rain, it was... interesting?

Sabretooth
02-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Following GOSICK, Hourou Musuko and the terrifically awesome Level-E right now. And Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei.

runba runba runba runba runba runba

Mav
03-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I watched NGE... dislike.

Alexrd
03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Last week I've watched the 1st season of The Walking Dead. Good, but short. And no cliffhanger for the next season.

Jeff
03-22-2011, 12:33 PM
I watched Summer Wars last night and I really recommend it, it was excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5QiLi2krk

Sabretooth
03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Seconding that, Summer Wars is made of pure awesome.
http://theaniwatcher.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Summer-wars-13.jpg

Mav
03-23-2011, 12:53 AM
Seconding that, Summer Wars is made of pure awesome.
http://theaniwatcher.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Summer-wars-13.jpgA challenger appears!http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/227/9/1/King_Kazma_Tribute_by_aun61.jpg

You can consider this me "thirding" watched the other night with Jeff, also watched The Girl Who Leapt Through Time tonight, was also very good though b/w the two I'd pick Summer Wars.

Sabretooth
04-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Now watching: Steins;Gate, because it is made of pure awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1lFxf2qKkw

Also loosely interested in C, but I think it's soon going to devolve into a loosely-metaphorical-Yugioh-for-grown-ups.

Second anime I'm following is Tiger & Bunny, which has awesome animation and is surprisingly entertaining every second. It has a neat blend of Western, CGI and Japanese animation to it and good writing backing it.

Mav
06-03-2011, 01:21 AM
I still need to check that stuff out Sabre :/

But for now, re-watching Last Exile, because it is that awesome :carms:

Sabretooth
06-03-2011, 01:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cckn54Tpz6Y

Mav
07-28-2011, 12:06 AM
Finished Last Exile a while ago, and watched the first episode of Steins;Gate, but then I went on vacation and my wimpy little netbook doesn't like 720p .mkv's so Steins is on hold. I did manage to finish the 5th season of Dexter though. :carms:

Jeff
08-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Haven't watched much animu in a while, but I've been watching K-ON!! the past few days.

Also, I haven't started yet, but I bought the first volume of Akira. It's one of my favorite anime movies so I expect to like it.

Mav
08-08-2011, 02:07 AM
I've been watching Steins;Gate it is rather entertaining o_Q

Sabretooth
08-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Been following the new season now, hmm...

Usagi Drop - I like this one the best, though I procrastinate the most to see it, because it's slow and heartwarming. Sweet animation and Rin is really, really cute. It's a good series all-in-all, different from the rest, at least.

No. 6 - Utopian/dystopian to the max. The story (so far) really isn't anything new - naive kid who grew up in a seemingly-perfect utopia meets savage kid from outside world, learns that people live outside the utopia in misery and third-worldiness, yada yada. Surprisingly, the homosexual relationship hinted between the two main characters is the most interesting part of the anime, followed by the otherwise excellent animation (even though the outside world looks like it's Fallout: The Anime more often than not).

Mawaru Penguindrum - This is the season's WTF anime. The first episode was hilarious all through, but the other episodes not so much. It's absurdist comedy in the vein of Arakawa, but that's also the annoying part about it, because it can't seem to decide if it's wants to deal with something serious or something ridiculous. Terrific music though.

Kami-sama no Memo Chou - It looks like Gosick crossed with Durarara!! with a bit of Angel Beats! and has the strong points of neither. Very slick and well-researched, and will apparently be dealing with social problems in Japan, but it's hard to take the series seriously at times, with its misplaced fan service and steretypical characters. The hero is too cynical to care for, the heroine is too cold and distant, and the side-characters too plain boring. Could have potential later though.

Mav
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
I recently bought the Samurai Champloo Blu-Ray, so I just re-watched the entirety of that, awesome.

Lynk Former
09-24-2011, 05:59 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kv4s7aZSpW1qz6z2wo1_500.jpg

All of a sudden I had a huge Cowboy Bebop marathon including the movie (which fits in between ep 22 and 23 for those who don't know)... feelsgoodman.jpg

Sabretooth
09-24-2011, 08:39 AM
New season starts next month, so Ima so excited. :D Except not, because most of the anime coming out appear to be otaku trash with only 2-3 decent concepts (which is about as many as I can follow anyhow).

So right now I'm only following Usagi Drop (rather slowly) and Mawaru Penguindrum (not so slowly) as Steins;Gate and Tiger & Bunny have concluded.

My Top 5 for the year so far:

1. Steins;Gate
2. Mawaru Penguindrum
3. Tiger & Bunny
4. Usagi Drop
5. Gosick

Mav
10-03-2011, 05:26 PM
Let's see what have I watched recently...

-Gantz... I did not like it very much at all

-Finished up Steins;Gate which is awesome

Lately though I've just been watching movies/OVA's, 5 Centimeters per Second, Voices of a Distant Star, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and then last night Howl's Moving Castle. Pretty much all of those are great, I'd especially recommend 5 Centimeters per Second and Howl's Moving Castle to those that haven't seen them.

As far as this coming season, I'm definitely gonna be watching Last Exile -Ginyoku no Fam-, I'll prolly also watch Persona 4: The Animation, played the game, it's awesome. Lastly I was thinking about following Guilty Crown, it sounds interesting.

Ascended_Mike
10-23-2011, 02:32 PM
I tried watching Bleach years ago and i didn't like it all that much.
I've tried watching it this time and I'm hooked.

I've re-watched Death Note for the 4th time. And i've been buying the Death Note Manga. Black edition. (A new one released every month) since i've never read it until now, waiting for the release for it is like waiting for a NEW manga to come out! Though i think the last one just went on sale.

And I love the scott pilgrim comics.

I also watched Elfen Lied. And Chobits (Though i'm not finished with that one yet)

I keep hearing about Steins;Gate so I think i'll be looking into that soon.

Mav
11-04-2011, 06:23 PM
I can't stand the Bleach anime, way too much filler and the filler is also horrible, so I just read the manga for Bleach and quite frankly it hasn't been as good post-Aizen arc.

Death Note's awesome as are the Scott Pilgrim comics. I haven't seen the other stuff so yeah, no comment. :P

I would highly recommend you watch Steins;Gate so far it is easily the best show this year.

As for myself, I watched Usagi Drop and thought it was very good, then I read the manga and it completely ruined it for me, so yeah I advise not reading the Usagi Drop manga. As for this current season I'm watching...

Persona 4: The Animation - So far it has stayed very true to the story from the video game, which is a good thing. Not much to say really if you like the video game you'll like this. If you're not familiar with the game, well then I guess you could describe it as a murder mystery featuring school kids with the ability to summon demons to help them fight other demons... yeah.

Last Exile: Ginyoku no Fam - The sequel to the original Last Exile, so far things seem to be playing out in a similar fashion to the original too early to say either way on this one, but I would highly recommend the original LE,

Guilty Crown - One of the more highly regarded shows this season, I'm really liking it so far. It is like a mix of Code Geass, Macross and GitS, plus the female lead has pink hair, so that is a plus.

Tamayura -hitotose- - Very meh, nothing exciting, average slice of life stuff, but it airs while I'm waiting for the other shows, so I'll prolly keep watching.

Sabretooth
11-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Persona 4 is pretty fun and am following that, but the surprise series this season is Chihayafuru, which sounds like a boring shoujo anime from the synopsis but is actually pretty entertaining and well-scripted to watch.

Un-Go I dropped halfway through the first episode for just how boring it was and its retro-future art style was annoying for me. Mirai Nikki was interesting, but the protagonist is lame, and the execution is ultra-bland.

Jeff
12-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Guilty Crown - One of the more highly regarded shows this season, I'm really liking it so far. It is like a mix of Code Geass, Macross and GitS, plus the female lead has pink hair, so that is a plus.I'm watching this as well and loving it. How Mav described it is exactly right. First anime show I've followed while it's airing in a while so it must be good.

Lynk Former
12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG Last Exile ~Fam, the Silver Wing~ is so epic!

Mav
12-07-2011, 03:46 AM
HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG Last Exile ~Fam, the Silver Wing~ is so epic!http://yourimg.in/m/qmxu6z3.jpg

Lynk Former
12-07-2011, 10:56 AM
@ Mav: Yup, that epic.

Sabretooth
12-31-2011, 02:46 AM
Only anime I've been watching from the Fall season is Chihayafuru. Now for the Winter season, starting January. Anime I'm interested in are Another and to a lesser extent, Brave10 and The Daily Lives of High School Boys.

Mav
02-28-2012, 02:40 AM
Ok, so Tamayura -hitotose- as expected was just meh, had some fun episodes but overall not a very memorable series. Persona 4 I'm a little behind on, perhaps cause I know the story from the game so I'm not as driven to watch it, but it sticks to the game's story really well so that's a plus. Guilty Crown... had so much potential, it's in the last 4 or 5 episodes now and really dunno if it can redeem itself for me, but I'll finish watching it. Last Exile Fam has been my favorite of the 4, but I have bias from loving the first Last Exile.