PDA

View Full Version : Rhett got a woman!

EnderWiggin
04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
I do as I'm told, Grooves ;)

Congrats to Rhettski on his recent engagement.
Have you picked a date yet?

Keep us in the loop :D

_EW_

Mav
04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
How much did you pay and what service did you use, Rhett?

Q
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
^^^:rofl:

Probably the one I referred him to. :p

But srsly: congrats, Rhett! :)

MrWally
04-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh my.

Congratulations, Rhett!

Don't forget about all of us Swampies when you're preoccupied with your wife =]

RoxStar
04-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Woot!

Samuel Dravis
04-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Congrats Rhett!

Da_man
04-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Congrats Rhett. When is it?

Sabretooth
04-27-2009, 11:43 PM
This makes me unhappy because now I cannot marry Rhett. :(

Congrats et al, to that damned lucky little woman.

TiE23
04-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Who the hell pulled him out of his man cave? I thought legend told anyone who went down never came back... She must truly be a hero...

M@RS
04-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Congrats Rhett! :D Gah! I can't get the thought of Sabretooth wanting to marry Rhett out of my head.

Jeff
04-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Rhett you'll still have my babies right?

leXX
04-28-2009, 03:02 AM
Rhett got his mac on. Woot! Congrats again Rhett. I hope you and future Mrs. Rhett have a long happy life together. :)

Dath Maximus
04-28-2009, 03:06 AM
five bucks says its m@rs mom

/edit

and as rhett's cousin i demand to attend said wedding

and yes...for any of you who dont know...theres a very high chance he and i are cousins

IG-64
04-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Nice! Congrats.

Darth Avlectus
04-28-2009, 05:08 AM
Hey Rhett, buddy, you gonna have a 'Retro era' reception, man?

Playin' a little Afro Man in da background?

Don't worry, I'll break something in your honor. And then I'll light it on fire.

Totenkopf
04-28-2009, 05:20 AM
I now pronounce clinically insane. :xp: Congrats. :)

BongoBob
04-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Congrats Rhett :D

Pie™
04-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Don't forget about all of us Swampies when you're preoccupied with your wife =]

You know all he'll be thinking of on his wedding night will be the old gang from the forums. :indif:

Good on you man, good on you!

Black Knight of Keno
04-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh dear lord... It's the end of the world. Run for the hills, my friends!

Or, err...
<.<
>.>
Congratulations?

MrWally
04-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Oh dear lord... It's the end of the world. Run for the hills, my friends!

Or, err...
<.<
>.>
Congratulations?

Run to the hiiiiills . . .

Run for your liii-iiives . . .

Dammit Keno, you got Iron Maiden stuck in my head again!

Boba Rhett
04-28-2009, 08:29 AM
HEY, ALL THE CHARGES WERE DROPPED. I - oh, my engagement. Haha. Yes.

Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself but I found the fairer half of my matching set - A fiery little redhead whose just as geeky as I am. (I tell her she's moreso though :D) The details of our meeting, courting, and engagering are quite amazing and whirl-windish. When I get the chance later today I'll try and tell you guys about it in here.

@Ender: The date right now is October 24th.

@Maverick: 2 strong horses and a goat. I'm only halfway kidding. It's a funny story which I'll post here later.

@Wally: I'd never forget about you guys. ;)

@ Sabertooth: There's plenty of Rhett for all.

@ Moeller: Of course. As long as the agreement still stands that I can have one kidney from each of them.

@Dath: You be in Missouri in late October and you're more than welcome. Same goes for everyone else. :D

@ GTA: Not quite but we are going to be playing A New Hope's End Credit theme as the wedding ends and we walk out. :D

@Pie: Eerily true.

Char Ell
04-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Wha?!? Rhett is getting all domesticated on us? The man-room will never be the same. ;) Congrats on the engagement man and best wishes for a happy future.

mimartin
04-28-2009, 10:21 AM
The man-room will never be the same. ;) There is no such thing as the man-room for a married man, but love and happiness requires such sacrifices. C'est la vie

Congratulations to you both Rhett. I wish you love, happiness and a good place to hide your most treasured man-room items.

CommanderQ
04-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Congrats, Rhett!!! Oct. 24, you say? That is an excellent time indeed! I hope everything goes smoothly, and you and your future wife have a wonderful wedding!

Yes....play any Star Wars theme at the wedding...yessssssss:D

Commander Obi-Wan
04-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Congrats, Rhett! :D

M@RS
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
five bucks says its m@rs mom

No, she's not a red head. :xp:

IG-64
04-28-2009, 08:26 PM
No, she's not a red head. :xp:
I think Dath might know a little more about that subject than you.

BongoBob
04-28-2009, 08:33 PM
If not then god damn m@rs you're a creepy dude :|

EnderWiggin
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Congrats again, Rhett.

Are the details starting to come together? Only 6 months to go! :xp:

_EW_

Sabretooth
04-29-2009, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I can hardly believe it myself but I found the fairer half of my matching set - A fiery little redhead whose just as geeky as I am. (I tell her she's moreso though :D) The details of our meeting, courting, and engagering are quite amazing and whirl-windish. When I get the chance later today I'll try and tell you guys about it in here.

Get her to register, like Kain got his woman to register. Speaking of which, what happened to SeleneRayne? >_>

Mike Windu
04-29-2009, 09:19 AM
zomgg congratz0rzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

what's the poop on the story, rhettski?

DarthAve
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Aww, go Rhett. As soon as the wedding's over remember to chain her to the stove and train her right.

Dath Maximus
04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
dath: 847258934752948753

m@rs: 0

ET Warrior
04-29-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey man, major congratulations

kipperthefrog
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM
I never get women.

:cry6:

they wont even go out with me. so guys remember how lucky you are .

Pie™
04-30-2009, 09:45 PM
Go back to LiveJournal with that faggotry, this is a thread dedicated to a nice occasion.

BongoBob
04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Go back to LiveJournal with that faggotry, this is a thread dedicated to a nice occasion.

^ What he said.

RoxStar
04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Any self-respecting Lucascast listener already knows this! But congratulations, Rhett!

Boba Rhett
05-01-2009, 01:28 AM
That's right, Roxstar! We need a signature badge for LucasCast or something. More of you should be listening to it! :xp:

Anyways. I told you all I would type up my epic tale of wooification. This will be a somewhat abridged version - only hitting the main storyline. ;)

Last summer my brother, his wife, and myself were invited over for a post Sunday Service dinner by a man we had both known for several years from church. After said dinner while we were still all at the table he got to talking to me about his youngest daughter. (I found out later that he had been talking me up to her for the last few months) After a few minutes of telling me about her he walks in the other room and brings out a picture of himself and his daughter he had printed off from the computer and written her email on. I thought this setup was rather odd, especially considering that her father was the mastermind, I lived in Missouri an she lived in Michigan, and that, like in times of old, her father was putting her on the meat market. (We tease now that I bought her from him for two strong horses and a mule :D) Did I already mention that she lived 730 miles from me?

I held on to the picture for several weeks without contacting her. She had no idea who I was, I had no idea who she was, and frankly, the whole situation made me nervous. Still, I couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to contact her. After maybe another week I finally decided, "What's the worst that could happen?" and sent her an email around August 1st. A few days passed and I got an email back from her. She also stated how weird this all was and that she had actually forgot that her dad had asked her if he could give me her email earlier in the summer (We have an hilarious message she left on her father's voice mail basically saying she was going to kill him. :D) but she was open to starting up a conversation at least. Several emailings ensued over the next two weeks until I finally received one with her phone number in it that just said "the ball was in my court". I called her.

After about two months of talking to her on the phone for three hours a night she decided to catch a flight down to see me for a week. I can only liken the ensuing meeting as old friends meeting for the first time. She stayed for a week and then returned home. Our next meeting would be over Thanksgiving were I drove to Michigan to be with her and meet the rest of her family. While there I gave her a necklace with a pendant that was made of a heart shaped meteorite. We also exchanged the big L word for the first time during my time there. We parted from this Thanksgiving rendezvous tearfully.

A month later I returned to Michigan for Christmas. This time bearing a promise ring for her but not just any promise ring, the perfect promise ring. You see, she's just as big of a nerd as I am. That's why I saw it only fit to get her a ring as unique and special as she was. I gave her a 1200+ year old Celtic bronze ring (In a very awesome way which Is a story of it's own). It's at this point that beyond a shadow of a doubt we knew we were meant for each other. She immediately started making arrangements to sell her house, leave the only home she had ever known, and move to Missouri to be with me.

Come mid February we're talking on the phone and missing each other terribly. I get a phone call from her the next morning telling me she's quit her job and needs me up there by the next weekend to help her pack things and move. I do so and we moved her into her Father's basement in Missouri.

Two weeks later (march 9th) her Mother and sister drove down from Michigan so we could all celebrate my fiancee's birthday together. The evening of her birthday we all sat down to watch her open presents. She got down to just my present, opened it, and saw that it was a jewelry cleaner. "Great. Now if I only had something to clean in it..." she said. It was at that point I told her she did, got down on one knee, whipped out her engagement ring, and proposed to her.

IG-64
05-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Very smooth.

Rhett shows us how it's done. :thmbup1:

CommanderQ
05-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Excellent style of proposal, Rhett!! As IG-64 said, you showed us how it's done!:D

leXX
05-01-2009, 03:27 AM
Two weeks later (march 9th) her Mother and sister drove down from Michigan so we could all celebrate my fiancee's birthday together. The evening of her birthday we all sat down to watch her open presents. She got down to just my present, opened it, and saw that it was a jewelry cleaner. "Great. Now if I only had something to clean in it..." she said. It was at that point I told her she did, got down on one knee, whipped out her engagement ring, and proposed to her.

Aww, that bought a tear to my eye. So sweet. ^^

Black Knight of Keno
05-01-2009, 05:08 AM

That's one hell of a coincidence, Rhett :p

... wait. Oh, now I get it. Real classy.

:D

EnderWiggin
05-01-2009, 06:20 AM
This time bearing a promise ring for her but not just any promise ring, the perfect promise ring. You see, she's just as big of a nerd as I am. That's why I saw it only fit to get her a ring as unique and special as she was. I gave her a 1200+ year old Celtic bronze ring (In a very awesome way which Is a story of it's own).

Oh yeah, I remember this!

You posted a picture for us in the Very Good Things thread :D

_EW_

kipperthefrog
05-01-2009, 07:57 AM

what does he mean by that?

IG-64
05-01-2009, 08:18 AM
what does he mean by that?
He means you were being emo.

Dath Maximus
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
dath hates emo

kipperthefrog
05-01-2009, 11:13 AM
im just saying how lucky he is.

Tommycat
05-01-2009, 02:57 PM

I am SOOOOOoo stealing that for the next ex-mrs-cat.

Great story by the way. Full of romance, with enough geekiness not to be over the top.

Mav
05-02-2009, 02:25 AM
~snippity snip snip~

Two weeks later (march 9th) her Mother and sister drove down from Michigan so we could all celebrate my fiancee's birthday together. The evening of her birthday we all sat down to watch her open presents. She got down to just my present, opened it, and saw that it was a jewelry cleaner. "Great. Now if I only had something to clean in it..." she said. It was at that point I told her she did, got down on one knee, whipped out her engagement ring, and proposed to her.They should make a movie that starts out like this, but then get's all bow-chicka-wah-wah if you catch my drift...

BongoBob
05-02-2009, 03:11 AM
Rhett's a motherf***in PIMP.

Quick, someone photoshop a rhett with a pimp cane >.> <.<

Jan Gaarni
05-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey man, grats with your engagment. :wavey:

leXX
05-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Rhett's a motherf***in PIMP.

Quick, someone photoshop a rhett with a pimp cane >.> <.<

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=32&pictureid=3158

Jae Onasi
05-02-2009, 03:28 PM
dath hates emo
That's OK, Dath, I still love you. :)

Best Wishes to you and the future Mrs., Boba Rhett!! You have to tell her to say hello on the podcast!

Mike Windu
05-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Rhett mah boy, that was impressive.

Kurgan
05-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Congratulations you foppish dandy!

Wacky_Baccy
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Wow! :eek: Congratulations, Rhett! :D

A month later I returned to Michigan for Christmas. This time bearing a promise ring for her but not just any promise ring, the perfect promise ring. You see, she's just as big of a nerd as I am. That's why I saw it only fit to get her a ring as unique and special as she was. I gave her a 1200+ year old Celtic bronze ring (In a very awesome way which Is a story of it's own)
Continuing on the assumption that the engagement ring is a different one, then I for one would love to hear the story. :D

Boba Rhett
05-12-2009, 06:14 PM
It went off like a well planned scene from a book. I got a ring box for it and then wrapped it up like a Christmas gift only I labeled if as it was a gift for me so she wouldn't know that it was actually for her. On Christmas day after everyone else had gotten done opening their gifts it was down to one last gift for my fiancee and also the ring. The last gift for her was an mp3 player that could also display pictures. Well, I had her turn it on and look around at the files I had loaded on it for her until she came to the only picture that I had loaded onto it. The picture was simply labeled, "Promise Pat". She stared at the name for a few moments with a confused look until she clicked on the picture to reveal an image of my hand holding the promise ring, I promptly pulled the now opened ring out from behind my back and presented it to her. She screamed, she cried, she shook, and has worn the ring ever since then.

We're also going to be getting wedding rings with the same Celtic knot design on them. I truly believe we were indeed made for each other. :)

EDIT: left out a large chunk about how I got the ring and how everyone was in on this except for my fiancee. Will fill in these gaps late tonight. :)

Black Knight of Keno
05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Dammit, Rhett. Stop making us lot look bad

:[

Sivy
05-14-2009, 04:53 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

i mean... congrats!