PDA

View Full Version : Your ideal job

Blix
05-20-2009, 03:40 PM
If you lived anywhere in the KOTOR era, what would the ideal job be for you? Be it Cantina Manager, Singer, Jizz Musician, Moisture Farmer, Farmer (on Dantooine), Salvager, Beast Rider, Mercenary, Swoop Track Manager, Pazaak Player, Exchange Agent, Sith Officer (like Imperials)etc. (These are average jobs only, not prestigious jobs like Jedi Knight or Sith Lord because we all know everyone would be saying; "Dark lord of the Sith" ;))

I have a few choices in mind depending on the area;

*Droid Technician: I imagine you could make quite a profit wiping and repairing people's droids, not to mention if you ever had a job from Czerka you could probably get your hands on some incriminating information (blackmail anyone?)

*Exchange Agent: Sure it's vile, rotten, ruthless, and low-down but I imagine it would be fun cramming a bunch of Trandoshan thugs together in a space cruiser and blasting off to shake someone down for credits they owe ^_^.

*Sith Officer: A somewhat high-ranking one I imagine, I wouldn't want too much responsibility yet I wouldn't want such a crappy position that I get stuck with guarding the entrances to the Under City on Taris, or the Sith Academy entrance on Korriban. I'd like to be a mid-level officer, maybe in an HR position living out on Manaan or Kashyyyk.

What are some of yours?

jrrtoken
05-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Twi'lek Dancer Manager, for obvious reasons.

Smuggler, for the obvious danger and sense of adventure obtained. That, and the need for a fast ship.

Totenkopf
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Mercenary, especially a very gifted and lucky (when needed) one.

Also, preferably something that minimizes contact w/jedi or sith (except from a safe distance).

Trench
05-20-2009, 04:50 PM
Mandalorian Mercenary/Bounty Hunter.

Q. Why?
A. The armor is cool and you get to collect credits from your victims and from the person paying you to grab them.

I would wear a custom suit of Beskar'gam and carry a: Lightsaber (trophy from a Jedi/Sith victim), Rocket launcher, Grappling hook, Repeating blaster- blaster- blaster (oops! Not that kind of repeating! [Mind Trick] Move along) and a jetpack (for obvious reasons).

I would have two ships. One like the Ebon Hawk and one like Slave I.

Edit-- I would also have a cyborganic right arm (my right arm, because I'm left handed. And it just wouldn't feel natural to me any other way). I would have my droid arm modeled after that of General Grievous or Haazan

SW01
05-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Sith Officer. High ranking would be best. I'd settle for command rank, though.

Nice uniform, big ship, shoot anyone who annoys you - what's not to like? :lol:

Only real career hazard is the overconfident Sithy Lord that has fun killing senior staff.

Giant Graffiti
05-20-2009, 05:45 PM
If I actually had to live in the universe, I probably wouldn't have a profession. If I could just role-play, I'd be a con man.

Darth Avlectus
05-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Kyle Katarn sort of sums up what I think would happen: I'd just be minding my own business trying to make it along and all of a sudden one day I'd find out my true abilities and become some kind of Jedi Battlemaster. I'd get sucked into all sorts of crap I didn't care for and have some student eventually that ended up a wild cannon for better or worse.

Not by choice in the big picture but it would end up looking that way on the day by day basis. >_<

If it were my choice... I'd probably be a tech or a militia. Except I'd have a few ships, and a few homes. Probably do merc work. And an arsenal of weapons.

Possibly do some black market work, if I had to.

So pretty much like I am here in real life: odd jobber who manages to get around and know big people yet still manage to be who I am. Laborer, no additional benefits (except ones I can innovate) but enjoying the freedom of being self employed.

R2-X2
05-20-2009, 06:17 PM
1.: Genohadaran Killer, because I like being unseen, and sniping enemys out without getting killed yourself and getting payed.

2.: Elite Droid Technician. A technician that doesn't repair droids, a technician that builds new classes of droids (I love the Mark I and Mark IV droids)

3.: A Officer with the highest rank you can get, living at the Star Forge.

Thanatos9t
05-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Jedi War Veteran I think it would have been cool to have fought in the Madalorian War as one of the Revanchist's Knights, but to have missed the end of the war/begining of the Jedi civil war due to an injury sustained during the battle of Dxun.

I would spend my time in cantina's avoiding the Sith and the Jedi, occasionaly taking out small odd jobs as a Soldier for hire. As far as everyone would know the Jedi me died on Dxun.

Either that or as an IT support guy, "Have you tried turning your droid on and off again?" :p

CommanderQ
05-20-2009, 08:25 PM
Bounty Hunter.

Obvious reasons really, lots of money, competition, and a near endless amount of contracts. As long as there are at least 2 aliens in the galaxy, someone is going to want to kill something:D

Mandalorian Warlord.

What can I say? Having the power of millions of Mandalorians under your command is just too much to resist:D Just think of the conquests!:D

Miltiades
05-20-2009, 08:33 PM
Droid Shop Owner.
Making them, owning them, buying them, selling them. All looks like a nice job to have.

Archaeologist.
Like at Korriban in the first game, must be awesome (but dangerous) to dig up the past. Being an archaeology student in real life, that was an easy one. :)

Pilot.
What's more awesome than fly your own ship? (Preferably a top model, of course)

Jae Onasi
05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Ship's Chief Medical Officer--what else? :D

Trench
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Bounty Hunter.

Obvious reasons really, lots of money, competition, and a near endless amount of contracts. As long as there are at least 2 aliens in the galaxy, someone is going to want to kill something:D

Mandalorian Warlord.

What can I say? Having the power of millions of Mandalorians under your command is just too much to resist:D Just think of the conquests!:D

Well you aren't my Mand'alor! And stay away from my bounties! :lol:

Blix
05-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Only real career hazard is the overconfident Sithy Lord that has fun killing senior staff.

Oh geez, I would try as much as I could to work away from a Sith Lord, because I know w things; if there's a Sith lord on a ship - Jedi are coming, and that the ship and everyone on it is going down.

2.: Elite Droid Technician. A technician that doesn't repair droids, a technician that builds new classes of droids (I love the Mark I and Mark IV droids)

That would certainly be one of my top choices if I lived on a planet like Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, or Taris (Imagines the insane prices you could charge off-worlders)

Either that or as an IT support guy, "Have you tried turning your droid on and off again?" :p

LOL - you'd probably get a lot of Imps/Sith Officers calling about that one. "This damned interrogation droid has ceased functioning again, I've tried everything imaginable and I cannot get the blasted thing to operate!"

Trench
05-20-2009, 10:06 PM
LOL - you'd probably get a lot of Imps/Sith Officers calling about that one. "This damned interrogation droid has ceased functioning again, I've tried everything imaginable and I cannot get the blasted thing to operate!"

Continuation:
Sith: Now fix this "IT man"!
IT guy: [speaking basic with heavy Twi'lek accent] I'm so sorry sir, but this attitude of yours in not helping things at all. Now, have you tried turning the Droid off and on?
Sith: Just a minute... Oh, nevermind.

{click}

ShinDangaioh
05-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Own my own tramp freighter and do honest shipping.

Totenkopf
05-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Other possibility:
Secretly head both Czerka and Aratech.

Hallucination
05-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I'd be a generic enemy soldier who, unknown to the protagonist and his allies, has his own hopes and dreams and who plans to retire from the military after the war and settle down and get a wife and raise a-
O SHI- WHY IS THERE JEDI ON MY FACE?!?

If you lived anywhere in the KOTOR era, what would the ideal job be for you? ... Jizz Musician ... lulz

Blix
05-21-2009, 01:08 AM
I'd be a generic enemy soldier who, unknown to the protagonist and his allies, has his own hopes and dreams and who plans to retire from the military after the war and settle down and get a wife and raise a-
O SHI- WHY IS THERE JEDI ON MY FACE?!?

lulz

erm... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz ftr :indif:

RedHawke
05-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I'd be a Shadow Lord of the Sith™ of course...

But I would only come out to kick the galaxies backside and knock over all the proverbial ant-hills once every 1,000 years then go back to my hidden refuge and this continued thousand year cycle would help to make the survivors stronger.

Hallucination
05-21-2009, 01:13 AM
erm... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jizz ftr :indif:
Okay, I was actually thinking that that was a horrible misspelling, but now it's hilariously bad canon.

Chevron 7 locke
05-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Bounty hunter of course.

You get to travel to exotic planets in search of your quarry...and you get plenty of excercise either while chasing your target, or by dodging the blaster bolts he's most likely shooting at you.

Usually Thermal Detonators would get thrown at you! :xp: -RH

Thanks RH, I forgot about those. :D

CommanderQ
05-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Well you aren't my Mand'alor! And stay away from my bounties! :lol:

Bah, I will choose my bounties as I wish...

In fact...bow down before your Mand'alor:D

Ibelin
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
I want to be a mercenary or have my own a ship and make deals.
Maybe a interstellar transportation company.

Blix
05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
I'd be a Shadow Lord of the Sith™ of course...

But I would only come out to kick the galaxies backside and knock over all the proverbial ant-hills once every 1,000 years then go back to my hidden refuge and this continued thousand year cycle would help to make the survivors stronger.

*cough* ahem well this one's okay because you're asleep half of the time anyway, plus it helps stabalize the structure of the galaxy so it's all good.

Okay, I was actually thinking that that was a horrible misspelling, but now it's hilariously bad canon.

Yeah when I first heard it was like wtf are you serious? :raise:

Totenkopf
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah when I first heard it was like wtf are you serious? :raise:

Hal probably thought you were looking at something like this (no doubt more explicit, but there are rules here):
http://this.content.served.by.adshuffle.com/p/kl/46/799/r/12/4/8/918604680/v/576462384554262174/ac/20/b/249938/c/307901/view.gif
when you "misspelled" the word. :D

AJL
05-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I would certainly like to be able to use the Force and I wouldn't want to serve
anyone... But being an actual, active Sith Lord though would be a Bad Idea as
there would always be other Sith or Jedi coming after me...

So I would be a former Sith Lord and set my self up as a ruler of some remote,
isolated outerrim world where no-one would come looking. (no need for whole
galaxy) where I could live safe in my position of unchallengeable supremacy :D

RedHawke
05-22-2009, 01:37 AM
*cough* ahem well this one's okay because you're asleep half of the time anyway, plus it helps stabalize the structure of the galaxy so it's all good.
I never said sleep, I would still be messing with things but not on a grand scale. Besides what kills most of the Dark Lords is they never have a vacation or relax, all that evil plotting does them in. ;)

Samnmax221
05-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Killing Russians...or babies.

Blix
05-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Killing Russians...or babies.

::

shukkoku
05-23-2009, 03:57 PM
i'd have to say a sith soldier, hopefully i wouldn't get killed in the first drop, but sith soldiers have it made... well maybe not...

Q
05-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Two words: Hutt gangsta.

Rev7
05-23-2009, 04:45 PM
No kidding

I lol'd

Darth Avlectus
05-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Come to think of it, I'd probably be like some war vet who is force sensitive. Or once a proud jedi, now just on my own.

"Don't coddle me Dammit! I'm not your mentor!"

--Jolee Bindo (paraphrased)

Lord of Hunger
05-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Two Possibilities for Me:

1) Jedi Hunter under the reign of Darth Revan: Using basic, simple emotions to block out Jedi mind powers? Using projectile weapons? Mines? Getting rid of Jedi? Sure, I'm down for it, just as long as I don't turn out to be Force Sensitive. :D

2) GenoHaradan Assassin Or Overseers: The ability to completely alter the political direction of the Galaxy by causing one death? You bet I'm in!

Blix
05-24-2009, 07:53 PM
Two Possibilities for Me:

1) Jedi Hunter under the reign of Darth Revan: Using basic, simple emotions to block out Jedi mind powers? Using projectile weapons? Mines? Getting rid of Jedi? Sure, I'm down for it, just as long as I don't turn out to be Force Sensitive. :D

2) GenoHaradan Assassin Or Overseers: The ability to completely alter the political direction of the Galaxy by causing one death? You bet I'm in!

Those are perhaps some of the best jobs descriptions during after the reign of Revan, especially during the Sith Triad. I think working under Revan would have given way to many deadly experiences. Assassin or hunter seems to be a popular choice, I still like my original fiction idea for the assassin-assassin lurking in the lower city of Taris looking for Selven ;)

Canderis
05-24-2009, 09:48 PM
Mercenary Sniper, far from danger but still close enough to blow some bloody sith's head off.

Drunkside
05-25-2009, 01:18 AM
Dark jedi pimp smuggler. Definetely.

Ctrl Alt Del
05-25-2009, 01:59 AM
Moisture farmer.

What? Tough life?

Silly, I'd work on Manaan.

SW01
05-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Moisture farmer.

What? Tough life?

Silly, I'd work on Manaan.

Sheer brilliance! :thmbup1:

To add to my previous post...maybe being a Senator would be fun and useful. I wonder if Jedi and Sith are immune to boring speeches...

Demongo
05-25-2009, 02:57 PM
Bounty Hunter of course:)
I would have a ship like Slave I, and a very large amount of money:xp:
I would enjoy when crime lords want me to kill other people:xp:

Blix
05-25-2009, 04:21 PM
To add to my previous post...maybe being a Senator would be fun and useful. I wonder if Jedi and Sith are immune to boring speeches...

Hmmm possibly they are force sensitives who can use mind control ;) Did you know that the Mediator/Orator job class in Final Fantasy Tactics features an attack similar to the one you described? It's called "Mimic Daravon" and the command is used to put said target(s) to sleep. I know that if I were a Jedi, I would probably be easily bored out of my mind by having to sit through a galactic senate meeting.

mattig89ch
05-28-2009, 09:49 AM
well there are a few that I'd like.

A.) Force user, I know its just an expected thing. *shrugs*

Now, for jobs I'd actually qualify for

Droid tech, building and maintaining droids would be awesome!
Space Pilot, Piloting a cargo or scout ship, exploring the galaxy ect. would be so cool.
Sith Officer, climbing the ranks through subterfouge and sabotage, then gunning down everyone who gets in my way would be awesome.

Jedi Homer
06-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Now, for jobs I'd actually qualify for

Could you tell us where you got the actual training? A lot of us would want to go.

Admin clerk. Clearly the Jedi's must have admin and I would work in the filing section, obviously with top clearance, so I could read Jedi mission reports. Ah, vicarious living, all the fun none of the danger.

Archaeologist. Part of a multi-discipline team on digs across the galaxy or beyond the rim. Interplanetary Expeditions/Crusades anyone.

Blix
06-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Admin clerk. Clearly the Jedi's must have admin and I would work in the filing section, obviously with top clearance, so I could read Jedi mission reports. Ah, vicarious living, all the fun none of the danger.

You know I never thought about that, I always just figured the keeper of records did all of that, which is why Kreia, Jocasta Nu, and others all had such problems with their jobs and were irritable most of the time.

Jedi Homer
06-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Good point Blix. Could you imagine Kreia riding herd on a bunch of bureaucrats? I also believe its where Kreia perfected her mind trick.

Meeting with Admin heads.

Admin "Master Kreia, we've taken the liberty of clearing you're schedule for the rest of the day. You'll be as excited as we are when you hear about the new filing system."

Kreia "Oh..." fidgets with lightsaber.

Two hours later

Kreia [must not ... give in to ... dark side.]

[mind trick] "You have not seen me today."

Admin heads [chorus] "We have not seen you today, Master Kreia."

Kreia leaves to find a padawan to 'practice' lightsaber technique.

Mr. Shadow
06-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Light Lord of the Jedi.

Nahh..
Cantina manager or Droid Technician probably.

The Betrayer
06-12-2009, 04:29 AM

Is it definitely plugged in? Hahaha, IT Crowd classic.

I'll probably be a high ranking Sith/Republic Officer.

JuniorModder
11-02-2009, 02:16 PM
I would not be a Jedi, no love. :( So sad.
I'd probably be a merchant. Or a famous swoop racer ;) (Hint Hint (http://sites.google.com/site/thenewjediordermod/characters/tenneth) to those who follow my mod)

JuniorModder

lockhead
11-02-2009, 07:53 PM
I think I'd like to be some sort of arbiter for the Jedi and the Republic on going to war with the Mandalorians. Listen to Revan's side, reason out their views with Malek, take it to the Jedi Masters and reason out their anti war stance, try and work out whether or not war really is the best option. I think that would be a good job, because you have all these main players at the same time and are trying to work with them all on something rather important.

That, or to be Revan's or The Exile's partner. How cool would that be?

Visas
11-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I'd be a Sith Lord sitting in a cave waiting for the right moment to creep out of dwelling.

Blix
01-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Good point Blix. Could you imagine Kreia riding herd on a bunch of bureaucrats? I also believe its where Kreia perfected her mind trick.

Meeting with Admin heads.

Admin "Master Kreia, we've taken the liberty of clearing you're schedule for the rest of the day. You'll be as excited as we are when you hear about the new filing system."

Kreia "Oh..." fidgets with lightsaber.

Two hours later

Kreia [must not ... give in to ... dark side.]

[mind trick] "You have not seen me today."

Admin heads [chorus] "We have not seen you today, Master Kreia."

Kreia leaves to find a padawan to 'practice' lightsaber technique.

Lol of course it would be 'legit' sparring :p

she could probably be just as satisfied with torching the files and blaming a mysterious security camera blackout.