PDA

View Full Version : Newsfeed: More Smuggler Info

News
06-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey SWTOR fans! The official Star Wars: The Old Republic web site has been updated with a full blown Smuggler class info page. Take a look for yourself at the official site! -RoxStar

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net... (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/more-smuggler-info/)

Will O' The Wisq
06-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Looks BADASS!!:D

Saenjaina
06-12-2009, 06:36 PM
Well, since most of it got out with the interviews this ain't all that mindblowing. Though the videos are cool. Nonetheless, it's out of the way and we can look forward to some more goodies...

Tommycat
06-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Even more of a reason to play smuggler.... We have dusters and cowboy hats.
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/classes/smuggler/images/ca3_800x450.jpg
(hidden so as not to make forum too wide)

Miltiades
06-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Cowboy hats are awesome. :)

I agree with Saenjaina. Not much that we didn't already know, but it's fun to see it in action.

knight 12167
06-12-2009, 08:39 PM
I hope this cover option does not give smugglers to much of an advantage in combat.

ironheart
06-12-2009, 09:15 PM
http://cdn-www.swtor.com/sites/all/files/classes/smuggler/images/ca3_800x450.jpg

Oh the spiffyness. Might have to play a smuggler after all.

GonkH8er
06-12-2009, 09:19 PM
I hope this cover option does not give smugglers to much of an advantage in combat.

To be honest, I think they need to make the non-jedi classes as beefy and appealling as possible. Anything to lure people away from rolling a jedi as their first (or god forbid only) class.

Jeff
06-12-2009, 09:23 PM
To be honest, I think they need to make the non-jedi classes as beefy and appealling as possible. Anything to lure people away from rolling a jedi as their first (or god forbid only) class.I agree. While I do plan on making a Jedi as my first character, to get people to play other classes they need to seem like they'll be able to stand up against a Jedi.

GonkH8er
06-12-2009, 09:42 PM
I do plan on making a Jedi as my first character

Way to be part of the problem :rolleyes:

I'm going to hunt you down :fett:

Alkonium
06-12-2009, 09:47 PM

On that topic, how Star Wars does Roland Deschains sound?

Tommycat
06-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Actually I don't see it as a problem if there are a bunch of players that roll Jedi. I look at it this way. We're playing the hero classes. Jedi and Sith are more commonly "heroic" in their abilities. By their very neture they have heroic abilities. So it would be more common to see them as being played by players. However a heroic Smuggler or Trooper, or Bounty Hunter might be fewer and farther between. Jedi/Sith will be more like average Joe Jedi/Sith and the other classes will be more like heroes.

At any rate, I'm glad that Smuggler looks like we have our unique style. More like outlaws.

Hallucination
06-13-2009, 12:07 AM
Watson's going to have to be honest here.

I think I'm in love.

Tommycat
06-13-2009, 12:50 AM
I dunno though... I think they are going to be hard pressed to make another class look as fun to play as smuggler....

Hallucination
06-13-2009, 01:54 AM
It doesn't matter, everyone's going to be a Jedi for the vwum vwum sound of the glowing laser stick.

Tommycat
06-13-2009, 04:51 AM
It doesn't matter, everyone's going to be a Jedi for the vwum vwum sound of the glowing laser stick.

Hehe let them have their raver-glowsticks. I'll be firing safely from cover (and lookin good while doin it)

adamqd
06-13-2009, 06:41 AM
I'm an Adult, I dont say things like Vwum vwum, I'm gonna play and enjoy Jedi...

Good update though.

Miltiades
06-13-2009, 12:01 PM
I dont say things like Vwum vwum Of course. :)

Nedak
06-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Very nice :D

dmcNightmare
06-15-2009, 10:40 AM
With the smuggler announced , and sure will be an equavilant class for the sith thats 4 ranged classes, i would like to see more melee classes to add some gameplay flavour other than the jedi/sith or a mixed melee ranged action, but still we dont know the full play style of trooper and BH maybe they will get that sort of combat style

Hunted
06-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Bounty hunters can use their flamethrowers in melee combat...
Troopers have been shown beating people with their rifle butt...
Smugglers can knee people in the groin and shoot them in the head...

I think Jedi/Sith are going to be the main melee fighters, with everyone else using guns because they are so much more effective. That would be pretty true to the series. I'd definitely prefer that than for them to create some contrived class based around vibroblades.

dmcNightmare
06-15-2009, 11:06 AM
i guess starwars nature dont got alot of melee action other than the jedi/sith one its hard to get in it more than that , and a vibroblades class sounds silly also , it ont fit right

Fredi
06-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Oh hell yeah, I think I have found my class :p